MOW2

Is there any reason why people here don't play Men of War II: AS?

Are you not good at tactical advances?

I played it a lot but you get burned out after some point because of cheesy faggots and the important amount of bugs.
At least the mods fix the cheese.

the mods honestly add entirely new campaigns and scenarios. The game is mentally taxing because of the micromanagement so you shouldn't play it repeatedly. Give yourself breaks.

Used to love MOWAS 1 and 2 a few years ago.
Now whenever I go back to play them I just get frustrated.
Higher difficulty = More enemy unit spam
Playing on normal difficulty and on a middle campaign mission you'll be getting a new medium or heavy tank thrown against you every minute, and when you're fighting the germans- who can frontally penetrate an ally heavy with a medium while all ally heavies can't penetrate them- it gets frustrating. Not to mention that every time you capture a point, there is wave of 3-4 med/heavy tanks and squads which completely halts progress. Maybe instead of throwing waves of units soviet-style against you they could possibly, just maybe, make the AI not retarded instead? Maybe expand the maps? The only way to win any mission not on easy is to constantly pump out infantry squads, let them move themselves, and throw them again and again against the enemy. You never need or would really want to use clever tactics, the games reward quantity far more than quality.

Because it's shit compared to the first AS.

because mowass too is even more of a shameless cashgrab than the rest of the series

I wish the game was pausable / "turn based"

Nah I like the micromanagement but it's frustrating when your whole battleplan crumbles because of a bug or because all your troops get killed by the invincible PIAT SAS

You can in single player by pressing the pause button.

I stopped playing it after all the mods and modders moved to steam workshop since i never actually bought the game.

I dont like the stealth missions

Thats why I dont play the main missions anymore. I only play modded missions. The tank missions are completely retarded.

AS2 is purely for multiplayer though. The stealth missions were always broken since Faces of War.

Please elaborate

In Faces of War you had a mission where you would infiltrate a compound by disguising yourself as an enemy soldier and sabotaging various vital equipment. It was total cancer since half your options were bugged and the other ones you had to retry a few times for it to work by magic.
Just think of it as if someone tried to make a Hitman level in this shitty engine.

Is the game still shit because of there being zero balance between the nations? Last I played the only viable nations to play was the Soviets and the Germans.

i hate this game so fucking much
who wants to play with me in MP with rboz? ;_;

/id/cloudu11

So we can talk about that then. I have both AS1 & 2

I fucking love this game, probably my favourite strategy game besides the Total War games. Also, that's a great shooting squad custom map you have there.

who do you main?

The Germans, as I do in every game.

because it's a shameless cash grab that locks fucking skirmish mode behind a DLC you kike

No you don't.

How's the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod for the game?

what's with PIAT SAS?
i know the PIAT is bullshit because of trajectory and range, but is there somthing special about the SASfags wielding it or is it just the combination of health, accuracy and a bullshit weapon that makes you say that?
building on the PIAT being shit argument, the grenade play is pretty gay as well, especially on maps like workshop, not to mention various imbalances.

as for the game itself, when you're playing against people who don't exclusively try to use the most bullshit/broken or plain meta ways/"features" it can be a blast.
in my opinion it lacks some map variety though, as playing for example the Japanese is utter bullshit even against the US, as you have equipment dedicated for the pacific theatre versus US equipment dedicated for both that but also the european one. it would be nice if there were some jungle/island/rough mountainous maps that severely limited the use of heavier tanks and equipment. if you're going to play japs vs anyone on a normal map you'd either have to be pretty good, be lucky and face enemies that suck, or rely on the experimental bullshit tanks that either were never built or never left prototyping. it is fun playing them when the enemy team is disadvantaged by bad players or on a map that they work well on, especially when you do it "historically" and favor rifles over SMG spam, and use only tanks that were actually built in numbers greater than 10.

LMAO no japs no buy relicucks.

gb2 >>>Holla Forums u fukin crossposting faget

It's exactly that. They can kill you behind cover from a range which makes it so the weapons of your starting squad can only scratch them since the SAS are made of iron. Even taking an assault grenade to the face only makes them faint for a few seconds.
The people playing this game now are only playing the exact same map with the exact same cheese tactic over and over which kinda kills the enjoyment. That said if you have a friend to battle with it's pretty entertaining.
Not to mention the game is a ruskie hive.

Men of War doesn't have a pvp system beyond here are some points go fight. Even world in conflict pvp had more depth to its pvp with specialized roles

post your steam. i dont wanna play with cloud he fucking sucks at mowas

I tried the first one, but I always lost against the AI. Should I get good or play MOW2 instead?

I do play it, but only with mods and by myself. Haven't even tried multiplayer yet.

(checked)

I mistakingly bought MOW 2 assault squad as it's more online focused, wanted a campaign of sorts. I tried it but I abused the fuck out of the pause because managing that shit in real time isn't fun.

You're either someone who enjoys a challenge or a weeb and I'm almost positive it's the latter.

Playing as the Germans is obviously the only way games are meant to be played. But you gotta admit - rofl stomping enemies while playing as the Japs is hilarious

LEFT WING RAPE SQUADS > FASCIST DOGS

Tbh I do enjoy playing as Liberators.

Mowas has KOTH and annihilate just like every other RTS/RTT.
It has many other shortcomings though, at least in vanilla.