Real time deep dungeon crawlers

Ok this one is kinda autistic, but since it's so specific I feel like one or two anons might come with suggestions for me.

What I'm looking for is a game with randomly generated dungeons, like in diablo 1 or Baroque and real time combat system.
Well it doesn't really matter if it's monster clicker or 3rd person action game.
What I want is a lot of random shit, and long ass dungeons, preferably with very limited ability to shop/return to safety.
So ideally something similar to diablo 1 or Baroque, or anything inbetween.

My problem with most games is that you can easily return to safe place at any time, and that even when you can't your dungeon runs are super short.
Like in diablo 2 most dungeons are like 2 or 3 floors and overworld design is not really exciting.
Or Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable games also give you very short dungeons where you can't spend in-game hours between returns to the base.

Now I'm not searching for something HARDCORE or brutally punishing, but just being able to lost in fuckhuge randomized dungeon while killing shit is something I didn't experience for years.
Online grinders like Warframe or Vindictus also give short fucking runs that just don't scratch that itch.

Also I'm not asking for any roguelites, or whatever the fuck those are called, exactly because of their short runs as well. I tried a bunch and if you don't die you finish entire thing in less than an hour, what the fuck.
So please help.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/246840/FATE/
soldak.com/Company/Buy-Games.html
thmod.com/en/
youtube.com/user/grindinggear
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Casual

the FATE series.

no, not the weeaboo faggot anime with the blonde girl and GIRUGAMESH. the FATE series is a long standing franchise of western-made single-player MMOs with randomly generated loot, quests, and dungeons. they play exactly like diablo if diablo didn't have any story or exploration.

every game is literally a single town with a deep ass dungeon in which you keep going down until like floor 200 or something. and unlike diablo they're childish and colorful in character instead of grimdark and edgy. the few NPCs in the town will randomly gain 1 to 3 new quests everytime you reach a deeper floor than the last visit, so you can take a portal outside, grab quests, go back in, clear the floor, advance to the next floor, and then go back to town with another portal to cash in your completed quests and grab the new ones that spawned when you advanced deeper.

they're mindless grinding games for people who need that little bit of endorphin from getting an axe with 6-15 attack instead of an axe with 4-11 attack, and keep repeating until the attack numbers reach the thousands. They're on like the 6th or 7th game already. google it for a better idea.

Also to add to autism and narrow the recommendation range - games like King's Field and Arx Fatalis, while give me exactly the atmosphere I look for, rely heavily on back tracking and actually learning the map, instead of giving deliberately unpredictable environment, something I'm looking for here.
I don't mind game being old, or graphically primitive, or on some console that I can emulate, as long as gameplay is good.

I ALSO DON'T MIND IT
I mean if you have one such game but think that it will tear my ass apart and leave my crying in a pool of anal blood, go ahead and throw it at me. It just might happen to be exactly what I'm looking for.

huh?

Fuck I think I played something like that. Did it have fishing mini game and pet mechanics?
Weren't it the same devs that went and made Torchlight at some point?

Try out Din's Curse. The graphics are fuck ugly but there's a really good multi-class system sorta like Titan Quest/Grim Dawn. It also has somewhat rudimentary "town management" elements. It keeps you on your toes and makes you feel like you're juggling a bunch of things at once. All of the quests you get are on a timer and you can easily fail them; so say, for example, you have a quest to kill a certain monster in the dungeon. While you're doing this, the town itself can get assaulted by monsters, and there's even a chance that the NPC who gave you the quest you're doing can get killed. It's been a while since I played it but it was unlike any ARPG I've played, it was a great experiment. I'd say give it a try, it never lets you feel safe.

Are the graphics coherent even if low fidelity IE esthetically cohesive

Modern MMOs have Diablo underpinnings thanks to Blizzard's other famous release. It's easy for a game to be both like Diablo and like an MMO.

Seconding Din's Curse, it's the only Diablo-like I've ever gotten much fun out of. The randomnes and the way the ecosystem of the dungeons develop under the town was very compelling.

Modern MMOs have Diablo underpinnings thanks to Blizzard's other famous release. It's easy for a game to be both like Diablo and like an MMO.

Seconding Din's Curse, it's the only Diablo-like I've ever gotten much fun out of. The randomnes and the way the ecosystem of the dungeons develop under the town was very compelling. I also am a fan of the simple, low poly, and bright particle effect laden fantasy graphics it has.

I would say yes, in fact I don't wanna give you the wrong idea about the graphics they're actually kinda comfy (or it would feel that way if the game wasn't so hectic)

see, here's one of the FATE games

store.steampowered.com/app/246840/FATE/

Doom2 + Oblige

man this game looks promising, any source where i can download it? with new patches and dlc?

What is Oblige? A mod?

Fuck off FBI.

Oblige is a tool that generates random .WADs. Using GZDoom or some other source ports you can even combine mods with .WADs like embed related (Oblige + D4D).

Share thread has a mega link in their archives but mega is now a titanic piece of fucking shit. Check out the "check here before posting" for the share thread there are torrent sites that should have it as well. Although consider buying it, you can even get it directly off the Dev's website soldak.com/Company/Buy-Games.html

For the full experience generate a 32-level OBLIGE megawad and play using DOOMRPG and DoomRL weapon mod/enemy pack.

King's Field Additional I and II are really feel but you probably don't read Japanese. My only gripe is that you can't switch between weapons in battles so if you run into an aerial enemy you're fucked unless you have magic / MP

This, the megawad is the better idea. For the gameplay mod I am actually liking Meta a lot lately.

Dungeon Master.

Those look like a huge pain to go through to just install.
Is there some ready-to-go portable version?

OBLIGE is easy as fuck to use. For everything else use ZDL if you're on windows so you can easily load up multiple .wad's and .pk3's at once

OP you may want to try Castle of Winds. It's an old-ass pc game (like, Windows 3 old) but it's got random loot and floors and can go quite deep. It might be worth your time to give it a try, it's got simple static sprites, you move with arrow keys, battle is mashing at monsters so a battlelog comes up, it's not bad. I'd post pics and links and stuff but I'm on my phone. If you're interested I can post more later

Why not genuine roguelikes with a hundred of randomly generated floors? Your game could easily last a month or two. Less than an hour only if you had terrible luck or did something very stupid.

But you could backtrack to any higher floor basically any time you wanted. Except a certain period after completing the Firestaff. Even that had a workaround.

If you plan to play with friends, Gauntlet: Slayer Edition is great. It's honestly retarded hard solo though, and I can't recommend it for that.

Angband
Fuck you. Angband.

You might consider self imposed restrictions for a few of these. One of the Torchlights has randomly generated dungeon in one of the towns with a significant number of floors and you could just restrict your leaving to every 5 floors or maybe once an hour.

Sounds like you wanna play Ultima Underworld and King's Field, mate.

has there ever been an attempt to make a new (unlicensed) Megaman Legends type game? the dungeons had a really good atmosphere and could be expanded into a procedural type game. the art style was clean, simple and wouldn't be terribly difficult for indie devs. loved those games

Correct.

I haven't played it in a while, but spiral knights is pretty much what you're describing.

This is actually a pretty good game. I urge anyone to torrent or download this if they like diablo type games.

I had a blast playing castle of the winds as a kid, probably my favorite Win 3.0/NT game ever. Can't run that shit without running a VM of win 3.0/win 95 though. At least they are easily findable with any search engine. It still holds up somehow in terms of roguelikes if you don't mind the graphics.

Diablo I is actually a graphical roguelike with a focus on combat.

OP. You've played "The Hell" mod already yes? It's Diablo 1 turned up to at least 11 (maybe 12?) in terms of variety.

thmod.com/en/

I'll never stop shilling this.

This might fall under roguelite, but I enjoy it. The music is comfy as fuck too.

Path of Exile?
youtube.com/user/grindinggear

Very fun game would recommend

That looks much better than stuff I've found on youtube, especially the UI. Is that some mod?

I go to dungeon level 1. The butcher is right there. His health recharges too quickly and I can't do enough damage to him before dying and he won't stop chasing me after 30 minutes. I can't use stairs because I'm "in battle".
Bad mod.

Seconding this. The only "bad" thing about it is now I'm spoiled and most other dungeon crawlers seem too slow to me lol. This combo is also like a better Borderlands. What is it with a 24 year old game being able to replicate modern game play far better than anything in the current industry?

I still, to this day, lament that there is not a Shadowrun style ARPG crawler that isn't a massive pile of shit.

Its zombasite, not dins curse

deep dark dungeon fantasies ♂♂♂

I recognize and know your pain.

That's actually funny.

Any games where it feels like you in LoTR where you wander into the depths of Moria for the first time.

Should get the HD mod for diablo 1, I spent the entire last summer remembering how good games used to be
with low temps to boot