Discussion of comfy

What defines comfy, Holla Forums? What is comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/649580/Twins_of_the_Pasture/
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comfy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Comfy heals the mind and the body, it spreads positive energies through you.

Are you going to somehow make this about video games or are you just going to make this on Holla Forums?

This right here. Comfy is when a game that lets you forget about your real world troubles for even just a moment and relax. This is why good hub towns in vidya are important, comfy is a good way to get depressed players to keep crawling back every day.

Oblivion flower picking by a ruined fort with this playing.

I just think of a retarded potato in robes hitting you with a spell and crashing to desktop.

Man, I didn't remember Oblivion having such good music

It's great but the full OST is way to short and the tracks get repetitive as a result. There's a reason I only enjoy the soundtrack when I'm not playing the game.

Why should I need to explain to you what comfortable means? This isn't some kind of cryptic lingo, for fuck's sake.

A game that is so relaxing and draws you into the world that you forget your crippling depression that makes you post on 8ch.

I know exactly what you mean

It's all part of the experience.

Memeword that doesn't mean shit.
They only times that I felt something remotely resembling comfines in video games is when in some shitty open world game you find some shack in the woods without any NPCs or quests or anything related to it, but still can go inside and there is a bed, a table, that sort of thing, and then I suddenly feel like I would totally spend some time in there if I was my character.
Too bad games don't usually let you to do anything in these situations.

A dick in the butt and cold beer.

For me it's the state of feeling safe and sound. Like when I know that nothing can happen to me, that's when I feel comfy. Games like Euro Truck sim for example.

This and this.

Farming games are the most pleasurable and comfortable to play to give that experience, but some other video games give the same feeling. Sometimes cartoons and movies can give it too.

An excuse to play shitty casual games.

Fuck you leather head.

Sitting around a campfire with fellow Stalkers.

Ultimate comfy for me =

I know my internet speed went to shit since moving to the countryside, but goddamn it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

For me moments of comfy are only achieved in otherwise intensely murderous/deleterious to your health-type games where you can get into your house, preferably in a town and be *reasonably* sure most of the evil fucks are kept outside the gate while I redecorate or pile shit up and can see the signs of other faggots around town doing vital/frivolous shit out of my virtual window.

Wurm used to do it for me but there's rarely anything particularly interesting happening out in the world so what was once comfy ended up feeling decadent.

We could really do with a decent town builder in a rich RPG world.

Fantastic choice. Hard to beat spyro when it comes to comfy

"comfy" is an excuse redditors use to defend their casualised crap and general shit taste on sudanese camel breeding boards in a pointless attempt to fit in

Although i can see where you're coming from I can still appreciate comfy from the viewpoint of it just being a very immersive game with great atmosphere, music, world or story that you can just get lost in and enjoy a great experience. That being said "comfy" is overused so badly that it really loses any meaning it could even have.

A buzzword that reached acceptance here because it gave anons an excuse for why they play shit like gatcha.

the head movement was on fucking point

>played stardew valley thumblry as fuck, but better than nothing
WHY AREN'T THERE ANY MORE OF THESE GAMES?

Here you go user: store.steampowered.com/app/649580/Twins_of_the_Pasture/

Remember to get the uncensor patch so you can see the girl get fucked by a bull.

ohh, how did i miss this one?
gonna buy right now, thanks user

This memeword is fucking autistic. Tumblr uses it very often and so does 4cuck. Stop being such gay cock sucking faggots.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comfy

How is that any worse than saying "memeword" unironically?

Tumblr and 4cuck also breaths air. Guess I'm fucking depriving myself then.

Fishing games or fishing minigames. No exceptions.

In that case, you should kill yourself then. Just stop breathing. You'll blackout eventually.

Comfy is external and internal. Taking some time out of the traveling, fighting, saving the world to just sit down and enjoy the view while some OST plays or playing some tavern game. Its seeing your character go through hell and sinking a bit deeper into your chair, content with your warmth, comfort and security.

Typically, comfy is the mundane stuff. The stuff you can relate to, in some way. Euro Truck is a simulator without all the autism associated with sim games but provides pleasant driving, nice and easy gameplay with real radio stations.

Forgot the webms.

Any game that has piano/violin music. Bonus points if both.

A Holla Forums-core buzzword.

"Why, autism simulators of course!" said the Autist
"Nein, it's nostalgic platformers!" said the Retrofag
"Wrong. It's sitting around a tiny fire in a post-apocalyptic world filled with mutants" said the Stalker
"benis, it's having your own farm in waifuville *hyuk hyuk**" said the Oreimofag

you might as well ask what heaven looks like; it looks different to us all.

whynot

You mean cromberry gathering around Lake Amaya while this plays.