Kingdom Hearts: Is it worth it?

Alright, I've never played Kingdom Hearts but admit it's always looked interesting if I could ignore the convoluted story i keep hearing about.

Level with me, is the gameplay good enough to warrant a play through even if I'm more interested in the Disney side of it than the weeb Square stuff?

I've played the first and the second only but here's my two cents: gameplay, graphics and soundtrack wise I'd say it's solid, everything else is convulted sonic tier autistic childish bullshit. also the fact that after you clear the main game there's no way to continue or ng+ always bothered me though

play everything you stupid nigger; conversation comes AFTER experience

More like Kingdumb Sharts

I managed to get that collection of the six games for $15 second hand.
So far I'd say they're fun enough action rpgs but the story is god awful autist bait.

Gameplay's pretty damn solid, music isn't ever bad or even really mediocre at any point (though it helps for several worlds it's pretty well just an instrumental version of a Disney song). The story is 100% flaming autist bait and absolutely nobody that isn't a twelve-year-old fan posting on a KH forum denies this. Love the games to pieces and I'll be the first to admit the story is an excuse to have a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover. Though Kingdom Hearts 3D opening with Sora questioning the necessity of the entire game as anything more than a huge formality got a laugh out of me when I first played it.

God I hate retentive flags.

I had to sit though that whole fucking story without being able to skip cutscenes in the first game. I love the game and all its button mashing, but holy shit KH1 is awful to sit though on ps2.

I really liked the first one and second
the first has some okay humor and good gameplay, I like the level designs, enemy designs, and music as well.
some of the platforming feels like it came from an older era, both for good and ill
the combat is pretty good, two added super forms that let you glide around the battlefield but also added hit triangle to win for some story fights
FUCK THAT WHALE THOUGH

Just play the first game. It goes full retard after that.

But the 2nd game had the best gameplay

Could ya zoom in a bit user I don't see in ant vision

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

nah

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Is it worth what?
Pirating?
Making a thread?
Buying?
Setting up an emulator?
Is this shit one of those template threads I keep hearing about?

Nomura looks almost as faggy as his characters.

At least he shaves, unlike his playerbase.

They're fun games, but don't even bother with the strory.
Just make sure to pick up Super Kingdom H3arts 2.5.8 rEmIx Einal Chapter Prologue Epilogue Keyblade Wars By Sleep HD 8K Tournament Edition Chronophantasma Xrd Limited Definitive Editon 3 & Knuckles.
That one comes with a free Keyblade dildo.

Given that this is a SE and Disney collaboration the story being absurd doesn't bother me all that much. Most of the games actually play decently well like you mention.

I tried the first game, hated it and dropped it after 2-3 worlds.
Then I played Birth by Sleep and it was great.
The gameplay is decent, but you really need to play it on proud.

I don't know what the rest of the series is like, but now I'm interested in the first game again just so I could enjoy the Sanic fanfiction tier story from beginning to end.

YOU MIGHT HEAR ME SAY
PLEEEEEEASE

GOSALYN DON'T GO

Nowdays there is no excuse to be confused about the story (except in the parts where they WANT you to be confused). All you need is two games: that collection for the PS4 and 2.8 prelude. You get every game, either as a remaster 60 fps, or as movies to watch. You also get a new movie that sets up 3 as well as new chapter that runs on KHIII's engine.

Now, then, is the game series worth it? Yes it is. I've found the boss battles of the games to be quite exciting and fun, and even the most bullshit ones to be great challenges. I don't think I'd ever do it again, but going through Critical mode on KHII was a blast and a challenge.

Plus, each game offers new boss battles with new gimmicks that mix things up.

Gameplaywise, I think you might slog through Re:COM, but the card system is still fun, I feel, for a side game.

What the fuck

The story goes
Anime protagonist goes on adventure in Disney World to save his friends and kills an evil demon man in the process. Kingdom Hearts is light.
Anime protagonist goes through a castle themed like all the places he went to before, but now there are goth kids trying to kill him.
Also he can't remember anything.
You know what, fuck everything so far, the demon man in the first game was actually the pupil of a scientist from whom he stole his identity and now his corpse is the leader of the goth kids. Also Kingdom Hearts isn't light, it's darkness.
Prequel to KH2 happening at the same time as KHCoM in which Anime protagonist's corpse goes on adventures with the goth kids.
Prequel to the whole series with a bunch of autistic sanic fanfic-tier plot points.
Something about computers????
Anime protagonist and his angsty friend fall asleep and compete in an exam to find out who is real master of the Keyblade, but end up having nightmares and have to save eachother.
Angsty friend ends up being the master.

Besides that fact that it's trash.

It's the details, user.

Reminder that everything that isn't PS2 version got censored, and buying it with money is an act of willingly being cucked.

I don't know if are prepared for what those details will show you in terms of who is the true villain throughout all the games.

It's going to be a trash fire, isn't it?

Everything about it great, except for the story.

Did this user do resident evil?

I remember there being a big PDF of everything related to Resident Evil once. Might be fun to read the entire lore in chronological order

Play the International version of the first one and drop the series after that. Trust me.

If you're an autist-curious then it's the game for you.

Seems Square near-completely has creative control, the most direct decisions on Disney's part that I remember were putting that statue of KH1 Sora in Disney World (technically Disney owns the character rights) and allowing their properties to be used in the first place. Probably still a trash fire but we'll never get anything like MvC Infinite through mouse meddling. I saged by accident and now I'm tripping flood detection

No

If you have a PS4, you can get the entire series, including the upcoming KH3. Play order is usally KH1, KHCoM, KH2, KH358/2 days (Movie), KHBBS, KH RE:Coded (Some people say to play/watch this before BBS), KH3D, and then KH0.2 which is exclusive to 2.8.

KH2FM has the best combat so yeah. Play that one.

you all niggas gay