Female characters the right way

ITT: games that have female leads or majority cast females that don't reek of "gurl power" or "girls can do it too" shilling.

The two that immediately come to mind are Metroid because Samus is a big guy, and Touhou because essentially all the characters are girls and there's no "xdd we're just as tough as boys!" dumb shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/EtgAJ
google.ba/amp/s/amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/05/persona-5-put-me-back-in-the-closet.html
imgur.com/a/OBBL3#EhdBzo3
archive.is/4TPRm#selection-14319.0-14319.437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Samus is 3/10, she is a cunt to manlets and i wouldn't stick my tit into her dicks

Old Lara was alot better than NuLara

there is none. And we have this thread every day, fuck off

ebin

I'll sage where I please faggot, and hopefully your dubs rub off on me.

that was fun

Tifa is good

This is very simple.
If it's cute or sexy or both, then it's done right, playable or not, stronk or not, doesn't matter.
If it's ugly and/or unattractive then it's feminist propaganda.
But yeah we have this thread every goddamn day, usually with nintendo pictures.

You are obviously retarded for not knowing what a sage's purpose is

A strong mother who will do whatever it takes to provide a better future for her children.

Lara Croft was the only female character game devs got right

Its purpose isn't a downvote

Alex Roivas from Eternal Darkness.

Samus is shit
2Hu is ULTRA-MEGA-TURBO shit

is samass autist still around

There are none, women are always shit.

The Boss.

easily one of my favorite vanillas.

I give my life ~ ♪
Not for honour,
But for you ー ♫

I don't care what anyone says. I love Quiet.

Snake Eater
In my time, there'll be no one else

For all the horse shit MGS5 went through, Quiet's character arc is probably the only one that had any actual closure.

People whine about her outfit all the time but I still think the game's logic behind her clothing makes sense. Besides, only overly sensitive dipshits get peeved at the sight of some bare skin. It's a Metal Gear game for fuck's sake, there's gonna be some ridiculous shit anyways.

lol no fag; you picked literally the opposite of a good female character

k

She was the only redeeming part of that game for me. That and being able to put my own music into the game.

SJWs aren't people user

Holy fucking shit, you’re broken.

Ad hominem is not a retort, user.

Someone doesn't know who Mary Sue was, apparently.

Mary Sue was a person? Educate me.

Probably the first boner I've gotten from someone staring into my eyes

it's very easy user:
remove them completely and replace them with cute boys in girl clothes

couldn't i just make a good character and flip a coin

Another in the same vein.

nice bigotry there OP.

Step 1: Make a good character, holding nothing back on their flaws/virtues.
Step 2: Slap on tit/vagoo and make it attractive.
Step 3: Congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Definitive answer right here. Everyone pack it all up and go home or continue to shitpost at your leisure.

This is a great example of a female character who gets done the right way.

The name comes from "A Trekkie's Tale", a Star Trek short story which is the earliest known piece of godawful self-insert fanfiction in recorded history. Although it was almost certainly written as a parody, it's an absolute masterpiece of (intentionally) shitty writing.
Ensign Mary Sue arrives on the Starship Enterprise, all the major characters fall in love with her, she does everyone's jobs better than they do, and then she dies tragically and everyone despairs.

So dying doesn't necessarily disqualify one from being a Mary Sue, given that the original Mary Sue died. The death just has to be big, important, and devastating (to the characters in the story. The audience is most likely shrugging or saying "thank God".)

She was written as a male but played by a female. Nothing about her was feminine in the slightest bit.

Oh, that's actually hilarious.

k

She gets done a lot of ways.

what about the whole sorrow thing and her having to give birth on the battlefield

I'm surprised by the number of homos on Holla Forums

GO AWAY SJJEW CUKC >:(

Am i accepted yet :D

sacrifices her very existence to restore stability to the timeline

they're pretty much the same thing, just one is upside down

Don't forget her awesome Southern Belle accent

I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in not knowing what the hell those three words mean when utilized together.

In early broadway plays, they couldn't get away with making characters gay, so they just made their homosexuality implicit. They'd date the opposite sex and even have straight romantic arcs, but the writers would sneak in gay subtext and undertones.

It's like being gay but you're straight.

not a bad term for it. Her portrayal was that she enjoyed stringing men along but hated the thought of actually dating one. She could have been a full on lesbo if she wasn't creeped out by her roommate worshipping a female aspect of Angra Mainyu

A real woman wouldn't be pregnant on a battlefield unless she wanted a miscarriage or a retarded baby.

This. It's hard to have an unlikable female character unless you really make her annoying or useless. I even like girls who are cunts if they're an entertaining character.

Makes me tingly downstairs.

What would anyone from Holla Forums know about a real woman?

maybe…

she's still a shit excuse of a character

Your a shit excuse

Hey, Holla Forums! Here's a riddle for you!

Every character mentioned in this thread except for Bayonetta, Quiet and Shanoa has one thing in common besides their genitals. Can you guess what it is? I'll put the answer in a spoiler so you can think about it.

Are you ready? Here it is:

They all debuted in games that were released before 2007.

I was gonna post a few, but

Ok now what

metal gear is a work of fiction

Unless its a game about mothering and housework, its always wrong. Nu-male cucks in denial who want a strong female character that shows off some T&A can fuck off.

does anybody have that webm?

go back to school

Pretty sure Violated Heroine wasn't made before 2007

The only correct answer in this entire thread

fuck off brainwashed fags.

So if The Boss suddenly turned into a giant purple dinosaur and battled it out with Metal Gear would that still be acceptable because it's all just fiction? Character development still has rules and structure even in fiction.

It's okay to be gay

Go watch some special snowflake who needs no man effortlessly kill all the men, cuck.

Nice projection

A good female character would exhibit the defining characteristics of femininity. The female characters in games today do not exemplify those attributes. When was the last time you saw a female character choose to care for children and only decide to fight in order to protect them? How many female characters struggle with conflicts that arise from their feelings of empathy and deference? Female narratives are woefully mishandled in games. To fix it, they hire a bunch of masculine women, which only exasperates the problem.

great advice. thanks, user!

That's specifically what this thread is against, Einstein.

Go on then :^))

Strawman. I am right because the things I said are objectively correct.
You have no argument. There’s nothing to counter. You don’t know what words mean.
You’re a cuckold. Not an ad-hom–a statement of fact.

No.

Reported.

It's almost like, without Kojima around they forgot that a central theme of the game was feeling for something that is no longer there.

I guess there's a lot of games where they're done right. How about some older games where they're done wrong. Pic unrelated.

Any game aimed at women.

Pacman was great though.

DC3, never ever.

Funny you mention Samus, her sex was originally just a joke one of the developers threw in during development. This is another similarity Metroid has with Alien: all the characters in the movie were written without any particular sex in mind and only after the casting of the actors was each character's sex determined. It seems like the only time people can write women who don't reek of "gurl power" is when it is done by accident.

I hate this new generation. When will this video game meme finally blow up?

dont have it but there's this

Goon spotting is very easy these days

RIP in pepperoni.

I hate you.

I think she managed pretty well.

inb4 the pendulum of socio-political climate swings already.

You are not trying very hard anymore to stir shit Holla Forums. Go home, you are only embarrassing yourself.

Your radar is far off. I never visited that board.

That goes for both of us, you stupid nigger.

huh, the more you know

You want to know why I think you come from there? It's pretty obvious by now. Not even a shitposter would reach for arguments as badly as you.

This is what Holla Forums is now.
A bunch of political virtue signalling from two autistic sides, both trying to attain ideological purity.

It's OK user, you are still a honorary leftycuck.

Nigger she's pure waifubait fanservice, Kojima is just too spineless to admit it so he gave her a bullshit backstory.

The die has been cast, can't cry about it now.

Where do you think you are?

i dont mind, as long as theyre cute

That's fine by me, but you're also ignoring anything that goes against your biases or not following the conversation well at all.

that stance would have weight to it if they actually made games worth playing but they dont and youre just validating them

It is kind of amazing how they wrecked an actually admirable female main character.

What if the female character is ugly for story purposes but the game doesn't try to make it seem as if that should be the case? You know, being ugly being actually a flaw that the character has to deal with. And the game wouldn't try to prove that character is "beautiful" but that character can still be a good person despite her ugliness?

Retards like you are why Ubishit got so bold they made farcry 5 as a giant fuck you to anyone they didn't like. Keep sticking your head in the sand while shit gets worse, i'm sure that has worked wonderfully throughout history.

Don't be so butthurt because someone thinks your thread sucks OP.

oh good heavens no not farcry!

Oh good heavens, not an argument.

I think he sucks though

Please post how to fix it in excruciating detail.

sure, here i go

So you admit that politics have fucked this hobby to the point we have to bring up politics? Good to know, i'm glad we are both in agreement that this entire situation is fucked.

Wew fam. You're moving the argument, not me. Debating politics here does nothing. They're not worth discussing because the games that have them aren't worth discussing.

Like I said, retards like you are why Ubishit is even bold enough to push garbage like Farcry 5 to the masses. You are not their target, don't pretend like you are.

well to play devils advocate, it was kinda funny to witness mass effect andromeda, assassins creed brotherhood and no mans sky all be huge embarassments.
its almost as if these "problems" fix themselves

Truly shit taste

More like
Debate them all you want but I'm not at fault since I don't purchase their games. It's not liking debating them here is going to change anybody's mind anyway.
So you're saying you should be debating this on facebook and reddit? Good, off you go.

Oh there's nothing wrong with laughing at them for being hopelessly inexperienced and retarded. The problem starts when faggots start enforcing political viewpoints on a board for video games.

Read the posts. The context is Ubisoft shit and meta politics.

I wonder why you are pushing this out of here. I'm sure you are only looking out for the well being of the board and not looking to push out anything you don't like to hear.

Do you actually believe that? Don't make yourself more important than you actually are.
No, the masses that buy that garbage are the reason for that.

wow its almost like thats all these pointless meta conversations boil down to. now who does this remind you of? smooth work super sleuth.

More like offtopic. Threads are derailed by politics all the time. Don't even pretend otherwise.
Is that really a topic worth discussing? How much people will by a product nobody else here likes?
Is it vidya related? I don't come to Holla Forums to discuss not vidya faggot.

All three games are built around femininity to some degree

Why do female characters always need to fulfill a man's role? Why not some soft feminine women that are not basically men with a vagina? Still here are some good female protags.

Yunica is a cute.
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

The classic.

i miss lillet

that's what america is now. Holla Forums is just the reflection of the wider cultural divisions.

I dont get why people liked quiet, she doesnt have anything going for her and even worst she is an insert of a gook notgf.
MC tulpa is the best girl.

It's metal gear so………yes.

Fucking saved

Her backstory never needed to be explored beyond the blurb in Tomb Raider 1's manual.

Fucking bullshit.

Great taste but you accidentally saved the sample image for the fourth one

(checked)
reminder she isnt the strongest woman in the world anymore :^)

Female characters in the Nasuverse are with few exceptions either shallow waifubait or well done. Male characters are either background characters, autistic, well done, or well done and autistic.

Do you think she realized how much of a fuck up he was? I like to think it help make her decision for suicide.

Where did you go wrong, user?

This post is so genius that it reminded me that he's The Boss's son.

holly shit you are so stupid.

Man, standards don't exist anymore

Reboot Lara was supposed to grow into sexy badass Lara, which was hype
It turned out like shit and they just made her more and more whiny with the sequels
Also her tits deflated

Hi, obvious ban evader.

You’re not good at your job.
Yeah, and?
Truth is objective, not a matter of disagreement. Get used to this concept, because you’ll be killed for not comprehending it in the very near future.

Women don't have to be feminine

Nothing about her had anything to do with feminism.

Really? REALLY?

There was nothing "empowered" about her and she never talked about "the power of women" or anything that had anything to do with feminism.
She was a woman who happened to be strong in combat. She wasn't even a "I'm better than all men!" shtick, she fucked one of her comrades and had a baby with him.

It's okay user, they just haven't played any MGS game.

NO LENNETH FUCKING VALKYRIE

You think?
I'm under the impression he did but just hates the fact that a videogame has a non-sexy woman who isn't a weak fuck

When someone has a paper thin understanding of what a character is motivated by or how they work, it's generally because they didn't play a game.

Fair enough

The ideological problems with the Boss is that she is literally a one world government open boarders globalist idealist, but it's also a realistic depiction of the hopes of the martial classes at that time in history, and is in the story presented as tragic idealism, so politicizing it is pointless, as the story already shows it as unworkable and therefore only part of the characterization, not the ideological purpose of the character.

fuck that's an awful sentence

You want to know how I can tell you never played Peace Walker?

I did not complete it, I was not a fan of the control scheme. However, as of MGS3/4, that was what we knew of her characterization. I am aware of the broad strokes of the plot, how did they get around her whole "I saw the globe from space" John Glenn speech?

The game even shows that her ideology is flawed. Outer Heaven, Outer Haven, Militaires Sans Frontières, Diamond Dogs, literally every single borderless militant nation has failed. Why? Because they weren't even true interpretations of the Boss's will. Big Boss was misguided and, at times, manipulated into bastardizing her desire for a country without borders. She didn't just want a country without borders, she wanted a world without borders.

Then please be quiet about things you don't know about

That's because her will was just a sentiment, not something you can actualize. Or rather, by the time the stateless world does actualize (MG4/MGR:R), it is shown to the the very thing she fought to prevent, as she thought the death of the nation state would mean the death of large scale war. All it does (in reality and MGS/R) is make it ubiquitous.

Yeah naw.

It's not even a spin off. It's canon.

Those two things aren't exclusive at all, though.

It's still a fairly pinnacle game in terms of the game's overarching story.

If I ever feel the urge to play through MGS again I will play it in its proper release order, however, since Paz ended up being totally inconsequential in PP I didn't feel the need to bother going back.

But yeah
LENNETH VALKYRIE
is the best female protagonist in video game history. Lenneth is to the (presumed male) players what a Valkyrie/Fravashi/Nike is to the warriors of classical times: an incarnate spirit of victory, a beautiful anima of the sword. She is also Scathach, the trainer of boys, and later, the Tantric Shakti (which the ever moving Frejya was to Odin's constantly reclining, motionless Shiva was before Ragnarok) and Brahman.

What about this one, does she count?

If a female character doesn't exist purely to cater to the male gaze, it's SJW bullshit. Samus is first and foremost a fuck doll stripper bitch whose there as sex object to strip tease for the boys and provide the carrot on a stick to spur faster replays.

You're not on halfchan anymore where you can be a newfag streetshitter, OP. I'll be generous and clue you in right now, but it's actually good etiquette to sage posts that don't contribute to the thread so that no one is deceived by the bump into thinking something worth reading was added. Sages are also used when you dislike a thread simply because you don't want to bump a thread you'd rather died off.

Either way it was a valid sage. Also, polite sage for OT.

The thing with female characters is the same as with any other character:
The only objectively wrong way to do it is to do it as a proxy for everyone who shares a demographic trait with the character.
The reason SJWs and the like flip their shit over vidya characters is because when they look at a character in a certain demographic, they don't see a single character, they see the entire demographic, thus the numerous and often contradictory demands they make

Time-Travel Cockney Cunt belongs in the fucking trash.
The only time that accent sounds good is in a round of KF.

>Lesbian diverse Brit

The feminists would use every george soros favor they've got to get that game memory-holed ASAP, because presenting a fictional woman who is ugly as sin yet has an actual personality highlights the fact that all feminists are ugly as sin with no personality. Polite sage for double posting.

only thing female characters need is lewd

that was a fun thread

She was basically Indiana Jones with huge cans and less wit. Which is still better than most female characters in vidya these days. I tried the old PS1 games a while back but the controls were even shittier and more sluggish than I remembered.

The Void definitely has a lot to say on the differences between men and women. Top tier writing, that one.
;_;

Do you think Ocelot knew, or finds out later? The Boss should have known though, especially since all the fluff lore with Ocelot being raised by Volgan.

What about the whole mother-son style tension she has with Snake thoughout the entire game?

Then they retconned the fuck out of it anyway when it was perfectly serviceable anyway.

Just replace mother-son with father son.

I never understood why that was a bad thing. Since wouldn't "be treated as the same" and "acting as the same" go hand and hand?

Are you retarded?
Where do you come from that this passes as humor? Tell me and then kindly return.

If she we're a man she wouldn't have developed such strong paternal instincts for a soldier that took orders from her.

I bet you liked Gene too. Portable Ops still was the best written.

Either SA, GAF, or their outposts on twitter/tumblr/reddit

Played the demo for the reboot's sequel as i didn't play the reboot itself.

It was really just the stale uncharted formula that got old after 2010 and nuLara really seemed kinda generic and unlikeable.

I don't see why people hold the two games in such high reguard. Then again whenever i saw people bring up nulara on kikebook they always trash talk old lara and bring up gender role bullshit.

Except for a few developers i hope this industry and the gaymer "community" burns to a crisp.

I preferred Heavens Divide. A song about snakes conflicting emotions of hatred and revenge and wanting to escape.

Snake cared for his soldiers as a collective, not as individuals.

Okay, this is a bit of an esoteric topic to tackle. I'll start with stick figures. See, the default stick figure (used in traffic signs, toilets, most everywhere with public service utilities) is assumed to be a guy with minimal definition, cause that's what it invokes in the mind. To make stick figures resemble something else, the simplicity is traded off to give them definition (female, kid, happy, etc.) Note that gender is very much one of those added details, making it something that you'd have to put in extra effort to make the average person see in a stick figure.

And so it goes in stories in general - if it's a chick , the creators took extra effort to put a chick in, and with that comes the expectation of a differing perspective on things. Thus, it's a shame when games don't take advantage of that - playing as characters rather than the MC of all those Hollywood films that seem to blend into each other. This of course, requires the game have proper story, dialogue and pacing suited to the game itself, but videogames keep fumbling that ball again and again. Witcher 3 devs tried to pull that off with Ciri, but failed miserably. And so does most everybody, cause it's either hipsters, or people with a vested interest in keeping to the lowest common denominator - i.e being no different than Hollywood. Can you imagine what the public outcry would be if Timesplitters came out today?

Yeah user, waifus are overrated amirite? Especially for lonely infiltrators in africa.

Stop sucking kojima’s cock.

Thanks for confirming he was right.

Persona 5

There was that one article of some faggot claiming the game put him back in the closet because it dared to have a bunch of underdogs without including LGBT characters. Having played through it since then I realize just to what extent these people will go to find problems. Sexuality is not even in the top million things that the game is about, there was never a reason to bring it up, so the game didn't. This fag literally wanted it shoehorned in.

Anyone got an archive of that article? I can't seem to find it.

you could throw darts at a list of characters traits and write a better female character off that alone than the teams of keyboard monkeys trying to write "strong" female characters. All without making them physically strong or capable of course because then that's potentially fun or masculine so instead they walk and talk a lot.

Modern writing trends are such horseshit, no one wants to write a character that people will like or remember they all want to break some glass ceiling that they made up so you get "real" characters like the entire cast of life is strange or Ellie from TLOU. These aren't character they're developer voiceboxes that ruin games.

archive.is/EtgAJ

You mean this?
Oddly the article messes up in archive but who gives a fuck what Vice looks like

Nope, found it: google.ba/amp/s/amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/05/persona-5-put-me-back-in-the-closet.html

nothing in overwatch counts. even the ones with designs i kind of like, like pharrah. Overwatch is some of the most supreme corporate character writing we will ever witness. You have this big cast of characters from different locations and backgrounds and none of them act much different from one another. every aspect of it is "safe". I say "safe" because it means they can go make character changes based off what they see on /r/overwatch like making tracer a lesbian or the pajeet lady "on the spectrum". Nothing in the existing game hinted at any of this, and that was on purpose for sure. Now they can take any character and throw a new trait on to them without creating any inconsistencies and the fans will praise them for it.

I think she probably knew, but decided not to pursue it. Even during MGS3, Ocelot was buried so deep in so much secret agent bullshit that ousting herself as his mother would have stirred up a lot of shit.

Explain.

You should start caring because everything about her in that game was fucking retarded.

You done fucked up OP

it's metal gear. this is series that that was born from a man who thought having a war-themed platform game starring a masked female wrestler would be a good idea.

And now I'm gonna appreciate SANZO art for abit. thanks for reminding me.
imgur.com/a/OBBL3#EhdBzo3

I never was good enough at the game to save her myself, but I will one day.

Maybe it's just me and my dick but in the first 15minutes or perhaps not even that in the game i knew this new Lara is shit because she actually did things to my peenie weenie.
As in made me have these fantasies of breaking her into a good proper bitch whose only role is to choke on dick and be happy about it.

The old misogynist sexist and who knows what else Lara though?
I can only imagine myself ever having a sex with a woman like her if she's dominating me in a playful way sorta like being used as a human dildo for her carnal desires. I know i just aint got it in me to bed a lady like her with just my manly charms hell i dont think 99% of men in the world would have what it takes to bed someone like her.

TLDR:You know a female character is good when you cant fantasize about her or can only do so being the submissive participant or by having loving sex in a missionary position for the sole process of procreation and then living together happily ever after.

Didn't skip leg day but not mah Chunli because mine does bicep curls.

Chun loses because she threw a punch. See? That's what happens when you skip arm day.

I don't think Samus is a great female character because nothing about her except what lies beneath the suit and if she'd never removed her suit than we'd never know she was a she, therefore her being a she is irrelevant. Nothing in the gameplay or stories of her games is in any way improved or changed by her gender, she's not saving alien princes and having chimera babies or using her assets to her advantage, though part of me is glad of this because Nintendo tried it and we ended up with Other M.

I think Princess Peach is a better female character as her inclusion gives the player a goal and she has a well defined personality over her lifetime as a character.

Right
Women don't have to act like women and men don't have to act like men. There's nothing wrong about that as long as they're not being a hindrance to other people. In the country of freedom, it's surprising you're campaigning for people to be forced to act a certain way.
I'm not saying they should be accepted for what they are. They have the freedom to be what they want, and people have the freedom to react to that however they want.
I never talked about equality.

The argument was about her being a symbol of feminism, right?
Her being a Mary Sue does't necessarily mean she's a feminist. She never talks about empowerment, or proving women, and she respects men and even has strong bonds with some of them.

She's not written as a male though.
She had a motherly relationship with Snake that'd sound kinda gay if she was a guy. She had plenty of other typically female attributes such as being extremely attentive and being sensitive towards others' feelings.

Just because she's not feminine doesn't mean she was written as a male.

LGBT people aren't underdogs or anti-establishment in the slightest. They get away with sending death threats, fining people up to six figures for incorrect pronouns, and suing people who don't make them dildo cakes for their gay weddings. I'm in the community and the majority of them are narcisstic, egotistical, and vindictive lunatics who ruin the lives of others who they think cause them wrong with the aid of the government and corporate sector.

explain

The gay community

I expected this to be a very shitty thread. You did not disappoint me, Holla Forums.

there is very little "character" to samus, if it wasn't for lore fluff added in over time she would be just as much of a "character" as gordon freeman, ie: just a vessel for the player

Which is fine, right?
It's videogames we're talking about, not books or movies. Gameplay is always most important.
To be honest there aren't that many great male characters either, and that's fine

What this user said. I was really disgusted with what they did with Pastor James Manning. It's not enough that they flood his inbox with gay porn and death threats, they terminated his congregation's Paypal and Mastercard that he uses to assist the homeless in his church.

To claim that those sadistic cretins are underdogs is flat out false and insulting. I don't blame that priest for saying that we all deserve to die if the community put him through that shit. Considering that a Dream Daddy fan artist got death threats recently for drawing all the characters as female, I can see why they were executed beforehand.

that's more or less what I was trying to say, but i'm very bad at articulating my thoughts; this thread is about female characters done right and I disagree with the OP that Samus is one of them

Did he make those claims before or after getting his homeless assistance ruined?

He's been targeted for a while before they targeted his payment processors recently. You can only send donations via snail mail now.

I still think samus is kind of important as a character due to legacy but the more they add to her the worse she gets.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?

Jojofags are literally homosexual and need to be gassed.

You seem to have problems reading.

The original post:
More than half the work does not mean all of it. It just means significant portion, and it does not mean that there is nothing to be done manually.

You can do housework automatically and with assistance of machines. Machines do a large portion of the work, the rest may have to be manual. Overall it lessens the amount of time needed to maintain a home and the need for women to be a housewife full-time.
She doesn't need to heat the water in the home to get started anymore, a water heater does it now and provides warm water nigh 24/7.
She doesn't need to clean the carpet with brooms, dusters, tape, and picking, a vacuum cleaner saves a large portion of the work.
She doesn't need to wash clothes by hand anymore, a laundry machine & detergent does it.
She doesn't need to hang washed clothes outside anymore, a dryer does it.
She doesn't need to manage the supply of food as tightly because refrigerators and freezers preserve them longer.

If machines are also taking away certain jobs in the future, does it not make sense that common household tasks for women would be one of the first?

Sage, off topic. Make a traditional housewife sim, for all I care.

The mark of a good female character or at least me looking back to when I was a kid, are the ones that made me forget the whole young way of thinking I don't want to play that character, she's a girl.
The characters that were so cool or fun to play, I disregarded that thinking girl=bad. Like Samus was so bad ass I never gave a single fuck that she was a girl, or Power Puff Girls was such a good show I didn't care it starred 3 little girls.

1 vida character that did this was Yae from Mistical Ninja Staring Goemon

She has a Katana with which she can pull a Vergil by spinning it so fast she can deflect projectiles.
Her secondary weapon of choice is a fucking bazooka.
She earned the ability to transform into a mermaid by swimming up a fucking rushing waterfall.

She was too cool for child me to care that she was a girl.

They don't

I wish you'd opened with "female characters done the right way" so I could've said something about cooking, or consensual sex.

If they don't at least have the softer female side (like tomboys) then they're generally shit.

I didn't say they have to accepted or liked

I'll fix that

So you are saying women have turned to shit because men made their jobs around the home too easy?

It's called concept art for a reason, fag. Adding clothes to a girl is never acceptable. Only subtracting.

How can we solve this conundrum?

mentally handicapped people acting like destructive retarded clowns and promoting said behaviors as "inoffensive, natural, and healthy lifestyles that dosnt effact u!!!" severely hinder EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US no matter how """FREE™""" to do so they seem to be on your tralala fictional faggot land.
You might live in a country full of retards with aids, but even then you can't escape objective biological realities, unhealthy people given social validity destroy society.

Link?

All the girls in Tales of Berseria are pretty damn good tbh

I'm saying what I explicitly wrote. No need to extrapolate anything else based on that.

you're gay

Will it be heresy if I say every female fighters in video games falls into this category as well? Y'know, like Tekken, Soul Calibur, King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Samurai Showdown, The Last Blade etc…

what are you, 12?

Yes, very strynk wymyn.

I find this fact as hilarious consolation for having to bear with nuLara's unwarranted existence. While nuLara was boner inducing and the subject of lewds of yore, nuLara is subject to the rule34 in current year + 2, to the extreme of being the face of SFM porn, and in volumes of content that rivals many other gaming heroines.

Nobody wants to have raunchy sex with nuLara. They want to humiliate her. They want to see her defeated in ways other heroines have never been subjected to. It's like everyone had the same thought, nuLara's thesis of s character makes her all the more satisfying to break down. The one aspect that the designers of nuLara wanted to emphasize was turned on its head and now undoubtedly no one can ever see nuLara without thinking of the collection of SFM porn and assorted rule34 of her in a way other gaming heroines aren't associated with.

I remember the time before feminists came along and politicized female game characters. They've poisoned the well.

If a female game character was added to the roster of a previously male-only cast or depicted as stronk…
Its suspected that the devs caved into social activists and there's outcry against it (and the feminists may not have bothered because they haven't heard of it, or they hear of it and praise, then cause more outcry). The devs will get these accusations and it's ambiguous whether or not she's just a token character because of all the drama that's flared up.

No one gave a fuck when Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition added two female player characters (because those characters were around pre-feminist times).
Apparently some fucks were given when Payday 2 added that Irish girl.
Some fucks were also given when X:Rebirth had boob window in that main girl's space suit, and the people who didn't think it fit the realistic style of the series were mistaken as prudish feminists.
Many gave a fuck when Quiet was revealed before the game she was in was even released.

The shitstorm is calming down, but the trend of paying particular attention and scrutiny of female characters persist.

There is more than one vidya, so the obvious answer is for different games to do those different things.

That or a shill from whoever's planning to finish tropes vs. women, which anita never fucking finished.

And by that you mean girls you can masturbate to?

lol what a faggot

Since noone mentioned it, Jade from beyond good and evil.

Counterexample.
Though I think it is stated that she was beautiful when she was young.

archive.is/4TPRm#selection-14319.0-14319.437
well, woman are weak as fuck… so if they are displayed as anything other than weak and retarded it's feminist propaganda.

You forgot how nuLara's game is practically a 3d version of Demonophobia.

Why not both?

It's disgusting that to this day there's no games that make you a fem protag and focus on you being… well a fucking woman and naturally way weaker than the men.

Stealth games in particular would work well with a "weak" female protagonist, similar to how Garrett in Thief's doesnt really hold his own against guardsmen and such when it comes to swordsmanship because he's a fucking nimble thief not a warrior.
Strategy/rpg-games wouldnt work too bad either if it was written well enough and your chick would be more in the role behind the lines as the leader or better yet "leader" as in you had a burly man or such as the commander and face of your army/party and you'd be the chick manipulatin him&others from the shadows'n shit.

I was kinda disappointed they failed to make Cassia in Blackguards to feel like the formerly mentioned manipulator of men'n shit like she was apparently supposed to be.

woman are not just weaker, they are also stupid. Look at the top ranks in chess, or any e-sport.

You seem to be implying fat acceptance and related things, I'm talking about individual behaviours that don't affect others. The moment you start talking about "promoting" behaviours, you're talking about things that affect others. Of course the media and government should be promoting healthy lifestyles.

All of you are faggots except for me.

Even including the anons posting nice anime tiddies. There, no more arguing.

What video games have mechanics that depend on the player's sex? I know New Vegas has a few speech checks/perks that are exclusive to male or female characters, is there anything else?

Apart from older RPGs that have different stats for each sex I cant think of any

The Disgaea games have gendered classes, and the later ones give those classes central abilities, so you end up with female and male versions of what should be the same class filling very different niches.

Good choice.
I only saw a little bit of the sequel, but I imagine that she'd be good too.

What are you, gay?

you have to add clothes before you can take them off.

bump

I was playing the Dark Souls Item Randomizer, and I couldn't find the Lordvessel. So I went into the painted world. I didn't want to do it, but Priscilla had the Lordvessel.

does this count?

What about Alis Landale?

That mistake was your mistake, bro. Sorry, but you must face them facts.

Eh? You didnt shoot her? I did.

You may not like the games, but she's a good character.
Specially in Adventures, because she's limited to mostly shutting up and looking nice.

Kaede from Onimusha

¡Cosita rica, por la CTM! I wanna do naughty things to her.

Good character, good game. Wish they would make a sequel.

just play sakuna tbqh famalam

So wait, In your opinion Krystal is at her best in Adventures because she doesn't get to talk as much?
How is that a positive toward her character?

A girl that petite should not have such delicious thighs. It's sinful.

Naw. He just wants to fuck that fox.

Women should shut up and look nice, is my point.

I couln't agree more. Any good lewds of her?

Yes?
I just like fox tits, Sindoll doing human male x Krystal never ever.

I guess I've got a comic I could dump…

Don't ban me, mods, I'm only trying to be a good Samaritan and give the poor man his porn.

Just link an exhentai gallery or give the name dumbass.

Neat. I'll go get the doujin off sand panda later.

kek.

she got an autistic baby instead

Would you?

Yes. I as a human man must conquer the alien savage.

Wot so porn?

>It's okay to be gay
Go back to cuckchan, faggot