Mario 64

Did you know that Shigeru Miyamoto was so blown away by Crash Bandicoot and how it compared to his planned Magnum Opus Mario 64 that he couldn't bring himself to work on another Mario title for five years? Not only that, but he began to detach himself from major involvement in making video games in general.

His inability to create a true platformer in 3D crushed him. Crash crushed him.

Other urls found in this thread:

vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They got pretty close with 3D Land, only to throw it all away in favor of cat suits and wide areas without pits to support 4 players.

I-I'm shocked!

You stretch the story even further each time you post it! Stop this madness!
Hey man, it's been a while, how you doing?

Okay, i know this is some console war bait thread, but i gotta post it.
:^)

Where is this copypasta even from?

To be entirely fair.
Mario 64 was a tech demo sold as a proper title.
Incidentally, so was Super Mario 64 DS
Still console warring retardation is console warring retardation, and it's not really a disputable fact that both systems ended up with good titles of their own.

Had more free movement than Crash and a lot more emphasis on non-linear levels. You really can't compare the two.

Doing great, I am always with you.

Who the fuck cares about free movement, when the game never really challenges you into doing said free movement other than "i can complete the game faster ;-))))" because that's fucking retarded and gay.
Non-linear levels are one hundred percent garbage and trash, you have to be a complete idiot wanting non-linear levels, sure the game 'dynamically' changes whenever you complete an objective, but I would rather have more fucking levels.

But the game does provide many challenges with its movement, such as mastering wall jumping, using the flying cap, figuring out pathing/puzzles and correct use of vertical space. Anyone who played it to completion would know that.
Crash has a much lower ceiling for mastery of control.

And trying to use that shitty sticky analog.

Naughty Dog cucked him!

the only thing i remember from playing crash was the idle and death animations
also, ooga boogas

Absolutely ebin.

Yeah, but there's not much to do in those big open worlds. All you really do is look for stars in each level.

You do it in a variety of ways. Kill certain enemies, run certain paths, collect coins, climb, race, solve puzzles…
What variety does Crash have exactly?

Why would someone just lie on the internet like this? Are you just looking for dubs?

I like both Crash Bandicoot and SM64.

1? Nothing, and it has shit gameplay. 2? Well, still no variety, but at least the gameplay is heavily improved. 3? Plenty of variety, although outside of the "gimmicks" it has the same core gameplay as 2.

Jap cuck dev BTFO by superior western devs, as per usual.

WOAH

Crash Bandicoot Maker when?

Crash doesn't need "variety". Crash has tightly designed gameplay. Your "variety" is merely an excuse for sloppy unfocused game design. Shigeru Miyamoto may not be perfect, but at least he recognised his own failings. Why can't his defenders bother to do the same?

Mario 64 > Crash Bandicoot 1
There are 64 marios and only one Crash Bandicoot. Your'e argument is invalided.

W O A H
O
A
H
W
O
A
H
W
O
A
H

Nice try OP

That and crash is more charming than mario, his idiot antics never made you hate him, you only love him more, crash is a endearing and loving character, mario is nether of these things, because mario lack personality.

If crash was real, he probably want to be your best friend and would risk his life just to protect you, he even tried to be friends with cortex, despite everything horrible he has tried.

And that's one of crashes amazing traits as a character, his innocence while crash does thing's that seem mean at first, like riding a polar bear to get around a love and knocking around other animals, he's doesn't do out of spite or even hate.

Crash doesn't feel these emotions, instead he tries to do his best, have you notice in those levels when he has another animal friend help him, that he always tries to keep them out of harms way when it comes to the near death he goes though, Like stooping the bore before it collides with a wall, or saving the polar bear from freezing to death by putting himself instead.

Crash only tries to do the best given the situation, infact crash never even kills his ememy's they usually get all beat up like a loony toons cartoon, And only lets the harsh fates to befall himself.

Crash is a truly caring character and that's why we love him.

-t. Author of Crash Untold

If Miyamoto was broken by crash he would have killed himself long ago.

Thank you user, that added a bit more to it.

If crash is so great then why does he only get one skylander and mario get over 3? Checkmate crashfags.

Because they have to try 3 different Marios to see which one is good. You only need one Crash since its obvious how perfect he is.

Because crash release cross overs are total shit and read like a bad fanfiction, he actually has taste user. It's not all empty.

Where's Crash Hotel and Crash's Time Machine?

Never really compared these two games. Ironically Crash feels like a 2D platformer transitioned into 3D more than Mario 64 does.

Variety is a poor excuse for a video game being better. If you want variety, if a game's gameplay has begun to bore you, then you just simply play another game. A single game doesn't need a lot of variety to be good. A focused tightly made game is far better than one full of barely developed "variety".

What good is Mario 64's variety? You are still just collecting stars. It doesn't matter if you do so sliding down ice in a shitty race anymore than if it is from shooting mario from a cannon. All poorly developed and one off experiences that detract from the cohesion of the game itself.

Shigeru said that Mario 64 is like a funpark, and I guess that's true. It's full of shallow distractions for little children with poor attention spans. On the other hand Crash is a tightly designed game with all of its elements focused toward a singular goal. Mario used to have this as well, but Shigeru lost his way.

This is why Crash crushed him so badly. He forgot what made Mario good in the first place.

Mario 64 is more fun to play
BTFO

seriously this is terrible bait

What good is Crash's platforming since all you're doing is just going from start to finish? It doesn't matter if you do so riding a polar bear any more than it does if you're jumping off a TNT box. All poorly developed and one-off experiences that detract from the cohesion of the game itself.

Nah, it''s just you with terrible taste, mario has never been good, it was just good because at the time it's all we had, then crash showed us how a proper platformer should work, he explains so well, and your only response is.

Are you even trying you fucking faggot,

Reaching critical non-argument levels

I would've liked Mario 64 way more if every level had been linear action platforming like the Bowser stages. As a sandbox parkour simulator though, it's a very mediocre game. Crash by default is far better because it has actually well designed platforming.

Also, the last good Mario game was SMB3.

Spoken like a child. Not proving me wrong like that.

Your attempt at being clever here falls flat. Everyone of the those elements you just mentioned is on the way toward the goal, which is completing the level. There is some variety thrown in here or there, but I never said having some variety was a bad thing. I said variety doesn't make a game good.

Mario 64 fanboys are so deliciously desperate.

Dude, I post everytime you make this thread

Your right, he should try more. But seriously, their is no need for me to agure here. Mario lack's what crash does in first three games, the simple start and finsh style of the games, works well in such amazing wonder and style.

Each level feels like's its own, even if it's part of the same environment, mario hasn't done, When ever you did a level with a theme of another, they would always keep you on your toes, and push your abilty to control crash well enough to not die.

Crash is fun to move around and control, crash even has amazing water and ice levels, where the speed comes into play around smart traps, hazards and ememy's. Yes everyone hates the bridge levels, but no one ever calmed they were bad, they were just hard, and it took more than just simply moving forward to beat them.

The inculcation of the turtles was a perfect way to do this, because you had to take your time to make the right jump, and even if that was too hard for you,

the ropes on the side of bridge if you learn how to use it, you could cheese your way though the level's so easily.

Super mario bros 3, agured to be the best of mario games. Is still shit compared to crash, the gimmicks, if you could call them that, were very stale and boring, usually the level had a theme, unlike with crash, where a level was it's own theme and had it's place in the world as it should be.

And because crash is always in a 3d plane, even side scrolling levels are uniqe as you can use the 3d to your own abuse, whether to get around enemys or even to get secrets in the levels them selfs.

Crash is better. because ironically Crash is smarter.

Good for you? You want a star or something?

Jas. Townsends and Son is such a good channel

It's finishing an objective, no? Primary difference being Crash is linear and Mario 64 is not, ie you aren't actually bound to the objective you choose as there's multiple win-states present in a sprawling level as compared to one win-state for a straight path as with Crash and any 2D platformer. There's arguably less to do in a Crash level as in a Mario 64 level just by the nature of each game's objective and focus, Crash's being hidden collectibles in a static level and Mario 64's being a set of missions you don't necessarily have to adhere to in a non-linear level.

Of course that passive-aggressive little one-liner at the end of your post suggests you're not interested in discussing anything without being an undeservedly smug faggot about it, so shitposting it will remain.

Nicely done bro, did you rub your alpha in his face user, you need to show your dominance. Either wise he might not get it and start pissing in your house.

Problem here, their is no one here that can be right. Because were talking about two competently different styles of game, so we can just pretty sum this up as. what game actually sold more copys. And judging on crash's sequels am pretty sure I know what did. The n64 was a flop, barily any fucking games on the damn thing. I'm sorry, while ps1 had load times, it made up for it with good games, that people still to this day fondly remember. And want back. While all n64 had were nintendo brands that were already known, anything else was left to rot because of what programers had to work with.

The comments about Crash being good at all totally mystify my mind. It is Donkey Kong Country Tier garbage as a platformer with worse camera choices. Maybe it was good for 1995, but anybody who still likes the game now needs to get their head out of their ass.

No comment on Mario 64, haven't played it.

What the fuck is this garbage thread? Crash is some of the worst platforming of all time and only succeeded because sonyfags had nothing else. Is everyone trolling? Is it opposite day?

Mario is good, regardless of platform or period.

Nintendo makes games for children and adults to be able to play together.
Thats why people like Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Star Wars, etc. You're just an edgy nerd with a contrarian opinion.

Opinions. But hey I guess what can you expect from nintenfags that came from the same board that sucks a dead mans dick to this day.

Also, learn to webm, faggot.

These were the patrician platforming choices of fifth gen. Not Mario 64 or the Crash games.

I wish OP had a source, but he's just bullshitting.

I like klonoa, I don't like how it ended, but their good games, too bad namco doesn't care. I would argue I like crash a lot more for the happier tone it sets, klonoa is surprisingly very dark, even with villains that look edgy and silly, it's actually done well. but it takes a step into places I wish it wouldn't. I get you need a story, but if I was my young self, I be probability having bad time, then again I was overly emotional as a kid. Still great series of glad it also got a remake games.

I knew he was, but I always liked crash more as a kid. Crash made me happy as a kid I always had a good time, even when the game got really hard. I would always beat it, just to see crash save the day.

haha you really think that works? you've been BTFO all thread by everyone. I don't even have a console anymore. All these games are on my hacked portables
I think people like Mario a lot more than Crash for obvious reasons.
I think you're just being a contrarian because "Hahaha ill go on the internet and say this hahah"

Oh boy, another thread shilling the crash remake

I like the movement in mario 64 almost infinitely better better then in crash bandicoot, but I like both games.

I was referring to the n64, in general and the ps1. You fucking nomtie, the ps 1 sold 11.5 million over n64's 7 million. vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64
vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation
By the way, am only counting in the us sell figures. So yes, sony was more poplar than nintendo.

nice thread

Remember, it was Sonyniggers who killed the Crash Bandicoot series. Once the series was announced to be multi-platform suddenly those Crash "fans" disappeared. It was during an awful time in video games where game creators and publishers were held hostage by Sony's draconian Dev kits with their loyal Sonyniggers ready to sink any company that dare stray away from the Playstation brand. Only till Microsoft and Nintendo came alone with easy to develop, much more affordable dev kits was when gaming finally broke free from the mobster tactics of the Sony and their niggers.