Which game has the best graphics right now? If you make a claim, support your case.

Pic unrelated.

Uhhhh, Breath of the Wild of course. Duh!

Star Citizen

sage

Uncharted 4 or horizon zero dawn, since nobody has made a high end pc game in years.

Maze War

Minecraft brown bricks

Spryo 2.

It does have some nice art direction. I prefer the original watercolours by Takeda from the NES and Game Boy manuals though.

If instead of art direction you want pure technical achievements and the like, some of the mods for the original Crysis are yet to be beaten.

Penis

Crysis 2.

Fallout 4 and Skyrim: Remastered Edition

The Elder Scrolls: Online

Hello anonymous!
FROG ARMOR FROM MGS4 FUCKING WHEN?!

Not THE best, but MGSV had very good graphics and had some of the best optimization I've seen in a PC game in a LONG time.

but that's not true

He asked for a game, not an interactive FMV, faggot

Literally a movie

Until Dawn. Pics related are both from in game

still better looking than any modern pc game sadly

If i recall it right, this not-game was the one who started the cinematic frames-per-second meme.

"game"

Is that Brendan Frasier?

AC unity *on a very high end pc

come at me

Real Life has the most realistic graphics and they've somehow gotten around the uncanny valley. But don't expect much because despite looking good it has shit gameplay.

Well, it did simulate 3D graphics and ran at 606x808

No one said Hitman yet? I’d like to see something else that compares. It’s a shame what the series became. Has there been ANY progress on hacking the online-only features for pirated versions?

Quack 2

Hitman is strange all of the cuteness are CGI So you never get a close up look at the people in the game.

yeah looks amazing

what's that weird shit around the hair?

what am I looking at here?

I pirated Unity and was surprised to find that it's actually one of the better Assassin Creed games. It has the best gameplay out of all of the games, but it's never meaningfully utilized. It also has this bizarre economy that doesn't fit in at all.

A lighting system that is more akin to photons.

very impressive.

Interesting. Despite the low quality textures and models, it has a very organic and natural look to it.

This is a fundamentally different approach to rendering, the one used in CGI. Photons are being emitted from the camera and then bounced around the scene until they hit a light source. You can then perfectly calculate how the scene would realistically be lit, including global illumination and other things usual games are only able to approximate with clever tricks. Since not all photons take the same time to reach a light source or run out of time, the image looks grainy.

I don't think we'll ever see something like this used in actual video games though, the clever tricks are good enough and much faster.

If we're talking about raw fidelity, The Order does look nice, but the color palette in the game was as vibrant as dead roses and it wasn't even much of a game at all. I mean just look at that fucking atrocious letterbox resolution that they arbitrarily added to the game for no fucking reason other than "lol whoops, forgot we're supposed to be developing a game and not making a movie"

What a fucking shame. Had such a cool setting too.

Literally just the character models look nice, mostly the expressions and eyes. Also another non-game, unfortunately.

Only the lavish interiors with pre-baked (though well executed) lighting look really nice. Shame about the rest of the game and those god awful crowds.

A few games come to mind.

Really sweet effects, especially the daytime lighting. Shame the maps are fucking empty.

Mediocre game but it looked kinda nice

Of course it was shit and an inferior successor to the games 10 years older than it, but hot damn did it look and sound nice. I haven't seen many games either where particle effects cast shadows as they should. They should've just rehashed a combined version of the first two games with some new stuff thrown in with those graphics and that sound design. It would've been a rare case of a rehash being worthy of GOTY

EVERYTHING WOULD LOOK SO MUCH BETTER IF THE GAME DIDN'T COME WITH THESE FUCKING CHROMATIC ABERRATION GOGGLES SUPERGLUED TO YOUR FUCKING FACE

Crysis has always had some damn fine texture work for its time. It also has some sweet particle effects. Honestly though, for every game that has really nice graphics, I can think of a host of fundamental issues that take away from its beauty.

stop.
pretty good tbh

ps4 has alot of great looking games. they'd look better on pc but developers just dont bother for whatever reason.

for pc games modded gtaV still looks the best to me. and extremely modded gta4 looks great if you ignore the character models
too bad you need a crazy setup to get it at a stable framerate above 10fps.

also, the surge looks pretty great of what i've seen.

Grimoire

Combine this in the future with high res hdr lightfield vr headsets and we could be cooking up some serious stuff.

But it still sold more copies than your favorite game hahahaha

First of all we need more context. Best looking at what?
Best textures? Best lighting? Best vegetation? Character models? Best overall?
Metro 2033 Redux has the highest-res textures out of any game so far. Or at least the most detailed. However the original game still has superior atmosphere, but when it comes to texture detail, Redux is better.
This one is a REALLY tough one. DICE, despite being a bunch of cucks - the lighting in Battlefront surprised even me. It's a tough one, but it pretty much has the best lighting out of any game - even BF1 which was clearly trying to copy Battlefront's artstyle.
The Hunter Call Of The Wild absolutely destroys any other game ever when it comes to vegetation. Best one I've ever seen.
Ryse: Son of Rome wins this with ease.
Sadly Crysis 3. It really fucking sucks that it's been half a decade and we still haven't seen a game that gives as much of graphics hype as Crysis 3. Despite the gae not having the best vegetation, models, textures or lighting - it has managed to keep all those things at a very high standard. Mix them all together and the game looks better than any other.

The textures in that game as PS2-tier. The models are mediocre indieshit and the image quality is a horrible blurred mess.
Literally the most basic things in UE4. Nothing new that we hadn't seen already. Causlfags are just so fucking braindead that they had never seen such graphics before, since all they played with was consoles.

Skyrim and Crysis 2 win this.
Crysis 2 with MaldoHD textures combined with Blackfire mod is god-tier.
A well-modded Skyrim is also the best thing ever that shits on practically any other game when it comes to visuals.

Honorable mention:
That game uses photogrammetry for pretty much everything. Whole areas were literally scanned from a drone.
The vegetation in that game also destroys everything with the exception of The Hunter Call of the Wild.

The textures are god-tier but Metro 2033 Redux still has higher detail. The lighting was also pretty good and had a nice atmosphere. When it came out it destroyed the vast majority of Triple A titles.
gameplay was still shit though. That game only promoted the development of more mediocre walking sims