Games with good gunplay

What's an example of a game with good gunplay?

I always hear people criticize games for having shitty/basic gunplay, but I've never heard anyone give an example for what has actual decent gunplay aside from Destiny which is irrelevant because it's an exceptionally bad console title.

What games other than Doom/Quake have high quality gunplay that's not generic and fun to shoot things with?

Heavily modded STALKER.

OYVEY 2.

i'm gonna get hate for this, but TLOU has great gunplay. choose the correct difficulty (up until it turns off X-ray vision)

as an avid shooter this game was one of the best. i wish it was on PC so someone could mod the game to skip the horrible boring story sequences between the actual shooting parts.

but ranbow 6, swat 4, max payne, goldeneye/perfect dark using n1964 mouse controls and playing the hard difficulties, video related is a good shooter…

are you looking for multiplayer? most of what i've mentioned are single player focused.

Destiny is the answer even if you don't want to hear it.

At least it was until they added shitty energy rifles. Fuck Omolon guns.

TLOU might be alright on PS4 with 60 FPS, but when I played it on PS3 at 15-24 FPS I struggled to point my gun in the enemies direction while conserving ammo, it wasn't fun to have to both conserve ammo and have to wrestle with the controller to shoot something. Other than that it was alright, I thought the bow/shotgun was nice.

It's hard to say something is good when you're forced to use a controller. I mean, if you were forced to drive a race car but you could only use a DDR pad to steer it, you wouldn't call it a good race car because it's gimped by default. Other than that, it's pretty good considering it has a leveling system and it's on a controller/30 fps, which any other game would automatically be complete dogshit with these settings no questions asked.

Any game with fun and satisfying shotguns.

Shadow the Hedgehog did it right
They're balanced, they give you plenty of ammo and you aren't worthless without them, they are only a tool.

Max Payne 1 was great. The sequels, not as much.

Wow, would you get a load of the great A.I. F.E.A.R. fanboys always tout lol. F.E.A.R. is much like any other form of entertainment these days, loud and designed to induce sensory overload in dumb teenagers and young adults. The actual substance or cohesion factor is irrelevant.

Anything made by ID that isn't Quake. Quake is good, but the shotgun is trash. Even Rage had a satisfying boomstick.

I played the demo. Some of the worst gunplay ever

I know you said other than Doom, but get Doom 2 and play High Noon Drifter. Is has the most satisfying shotgun I have ever used in a game, and all the weapon replacements are logical and don't break the balance, so you can play almost any set of maps with it.

Also, you can throw your hat and whip dudes so that's pretty neat too

Gun swing, general feel of the weapons feel amazing too, and because it is mostly cars grenade launchers and rocket propellers finally do feel powerful.

I agree, fighting bandits was fun in that game and headshots were very satisfying. seeing guts spill out from abdomen shotgun blasts was really cool too. shame the rest of the game weighed down on that potential

How I imagine the pitch for that shitheap went:

Take your medication user

Ellies not a burden tho. Shes not even visible to enemies for the most part.
Retarded reviewers said it was immersion breaking. Would they prefer her to blow your cover?

Yes, but devs cant into AI coding.

Best gunplay right here

Max Payne 3

>NuDoom
It's actually pretty good with that, the sound-design is definitely perfect and it makes all the weapons great to use

I swear the turret sounds the same as the luger which sounds the same as the assault rifle. I really dislike gunplay in this game.

But then the game would play like an escourt mission. Id rather her hide. I also liked how shed get scared from watching you brutally kill people infront of her.

Yeah, sound design is not great in this one, but I find the gunplay really enjoyable, the dual-wielding is fun and the ennemies have the perfect amount of force put into them when you shoot at them, it makes the weapons really feel heavy and powerfull, just my opinion.

The sound design for Scarborough Affair is top shit. When they asked the sound designer what they wanted they basically said something along the lines of what a gun fueled by infernal magic would sound like.

I was just disappointed considering how great RTCW weapons sound.
I can't remember anything about the feedback as I ultimately dropped the game because I found the plot incredibly boring. I agree with the rest of your list though.

Define good gunplay you fucking faggot.

Payday 1

I always liked the gun play on Call of Duty and never had any major problems with it. Overwatch is pretty nice too

I liked The Darkness. Especially the second one.

with mods

Gunplay is such a nebulous term. Most people use it to refer to how a gun sounds and feels, but I've met people who use it to refer to mechanics such as reloads dumping the ammo remaining in the mag or how accurate the guns are.

How do we define gunplay, anons?

There has to be impact relative to the caliber of the gun. This means the weapon has to sound the part, the recoil has to be consistent with the weapon's size, and the enemy has to react appropriately when hit.

Painkiller has great gunplay but like Quake 1 you have to be decent to enjoy it.

I still maintain that Killing Floor 2 has become a decent game after tripwire scrambled to actually listen to community feedback when their game almost died during a free weekend because it was so bad

It ain't perfect but the gunplay is really good. Breath of fresh air compared to the overwhelming amount of pure dogshit the industry has been pumping out this decade. You still have to fix the mouse aim in the ini files though last I checked.

I think its about how much realistic and functional it feels. You have games that are pretty realistic but feel clunky as hell when shit goes fubar, meanwhile some games look realistic but are way too functional and not realistic at all, the generic floating pair of hands #3756567 stuff.
Thats why is think Crysis and FEAR are the best ever, they both are kinda realistic and feel totally functional even when its time go fast without resorting to being the lame floating pairs of hands dude.

Its not only about the guns itself but your whole body, most games dont get this thats why they are all shit.

RnL has objectively the best gunnery. Fite me. I dare you allie scum to parachute in my town.

Why even live tbh

It's amazing that was made by a bunch of faggots. I think there is something to the autism of coderfags just accepting social pressure around them so they can just work. Look at what has become of Carmack.

There's also just the inherit autism and undercurrent of wanting to be accepted so they fall in with whatever tribe and just keep working.

I think this is also why a lot of drawfags turn to the wrong side.

Still, inclusivity is cancer and exclusivity is the answer in all trades. Even if a few savants are lost to the kikes.

It's such a shame that Rising Storm 2 is such shit, I really liked Red Orchestra 2 and was hoping for more gun goodness. The AK recoil is laughable!

Outlaw on Atari.