The world ends with you

Just started this thing, opinions and tips.

I'm on the second day and the gameplay for now is really fucking annoying, going from one screen to another and using the stylus is kinda shit. I probably need to git gud but for now obnoxious is best word I can use to describe this gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

twewy.wikia.com/wiki/PP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I always considered this game overrated on everything but music. OST kicks ass, gameplay is meh.

Yes git gud. You can also change the settings of your partner so that it will take over within a second or two, it's pretty handy.

Autistic trash with good music.
Just download the ost separately, delete the rom and never touch this turd again.

1- get more candycane
2- ???
3- NEEDS MORE CANDYCANE

It's a great game, anyone who says it's bad is just a shitter.

Nigger of course at the start the gameplay isn't as good.
Honestly if you don't like TWEWY you're a fucking faggot and need to get a new perspective on games,

Also play the iOS and Android port, it's much better.

That artstyle alone makes me cringe.
What a terrible fucking game.

t. goon

If you suck that badly at multitasking then just put your partner on Auto

good series
shit story
fun gameplay

top heh

OP just get better and follow the puck. Develop some passive strategies you can use to prevent defend the other character while you are passing the puck from one character.
Neku is completely invincible while dashing and Shiki has some defensive options. Set the difficulty at normal and keep your health up until you get used to the combat. After that adjust the difficulty and level based on your need.

Some honest advice.
Set computer to auto and just focus on Neku for now. Have a healing pin while you are at this step since you aren't blocking with Shiki. Make sure your pin commands aren't overlapping, such as having 2 pins that require a slash. If you do have 2 that you feel you need for your playstyle, you can press L or R at the pin screen to make is a sub pin. In battle, a sub pin won't activate unless you hold L or R, potentially giving you 2 sets of pins of 2 to work with, which is great in case you keep on accidentally hitting the healing pin and alows you to do more shit while the others are recharging.
Once you have a set of pins that you can do decent damage with, grind those pins until you get enough experience to level them up. Turning the DS for a while also gives pins experience, but a different kind. It's probably been explained already, but pins can evolve into different pins based on which type experience it as the most. BP you get through fightan, SP through turning the DS off, and MP through using the DS wireless. More info here twewy.wikia.com/wiki/PP
Now that you have done some basic battles, your most used pins should be max leveled or evolved, At this point, you should have enough money to buy shit. You have 2 options that will help at this point. Food and clothes. Clothes are armor, I shouldn't need to explain anything outside of you need higher courage to equip better clothes. How do you get courage? Eat some food. Food gives you a permanent stat increase in HP, courage, etc. Each piece of food takes a certain amount of "bites" to digest, each bite needing a battle. You get 24 bites per real day, after which you can't eat anything bigger than 8 bites, plan accordingly. Both Neku and Shiki can eat.
Now that you won't die right away, here's how to fight with both people at the beginning. Focus on whoever has the light puck. Whoever has it deals more damage, and if you finish a combo while it is still active, it'll switch to the other character with a slightly higher bonus. When Neku has it, just keep mashing left on the control pad to attack with Shiki. When its on its way to Shiki, press the stylus on Neku and slide it around, making him dodge continuously. Shiki does have a block by pressing down on control pad, but that doesn't really matter unless facing bosses. Do this until you are better at managing both screens.
Experiment with different pins. It's entirely possible to beat the game with the starter set. I ignored all NPC advice and never changed my set or wore clothes unless It was necessary for an invisible wall, never ate food, and never upgraded anything, so it is possible to win with just the stater set, but it's tedious and a lot less fun than using what else the game has to offer. The most important thing is git gud faget

Ignore these dubs, user is a nigger and probably kicks puppies

You get 24 bites and then 4 or so free bites after you've spent those which don't run out

Yeah it's typical Nomura shite. The dialogue is even worse.

Filename reminder

Wow I didn't know that there were so many people on Holla Forums with no fucking taste.

Best advice I can give for the combat is to follow the puck. The dual screen mechanics are kind of hard to get used to but once you do, they're super rewarding. Oh, and remember that if you just want to throw attacks out on the top screen, just mash left or right. You won't get stars that way but you'll keep the damage flowing.

Oh, another big tip: healing pins are affected by the puck, so if Neku is holding the puck when he drinks a 50% drink, you'll heal fully.

Also ABUSE THE HELL OUT OF PIERCING PILLAR for the early game, you get it very early and it's incredibly fast, stuns most enemies for a long time, and does great damage, especially if you have the puck.

Oh and also once you get used to the combat, turn off auto partner. Not only does that keep you from accidentally attacking when you need to dodge, but it also gives you a 10% PP bonus

Cancer game.

So If you could make the sequel teased all those years ago, what you
you do with it? What mechanics would you change? Would you try to cut
down on superfluous pins? What ones would you add? Would the story be
a continuation of the end with the Composer and Producer, or would you
change the locale and make it a different Composer's game? What would
the story be? What system would you put it on?
Personally, I would put it on the 3DS and keep most of the old
mechanics. Make mingle and Tin Pin an online function, with possible
multiplayer 1v1 with the actual battle mechanics as well. I'd make it
set in a different city or at least have a different Composer, the
story of these characters are done.

>everyone forgetting the bullshit that is the partner joshua
What if we had the touch screen battles PLUS on the fly mathematics which will punish you in the middle of the game and make it unbeatable near the end of the game. :^)

Here's a reminder that it's been ten years since TWEWY's original Japanese release.
I heard that Nomura really wants to do a sequel, maybe after KH3. I would really like to see it happen.
>7/27/07
I just now noticed the three sevens in that date.

I liked the gameplay. Once you get used to paying attention to the puck and not dying on the other screen you can do anything.

DOUBLE LIGHTNING ROOK

I normally don't care about shit like this, but what the actual fuck is wrong with your spacing?

I remember it fully well. Maybe you just need to remember how to git gud you retard

if ever we needed proof of neo/v/, this is it. though honestly, they're mostly trolls.

TWEWY is a great game. The two screen battle system seems daunting at first, but you'll naturally come to pick up some tricks yourself.

One tip: focus on whoever has the light puck, get out a good combo with them, while mashing with the other guy. I always give neku at least one slash motion pin (like the M O N K E Y pins) so I can mindlessly slash on the bottom screen while focusing on the partner.

The "Mingle" mode was basically ancient streetpass, and a few DS games tried to do it incidentally. Some pins can only evolve with mingle experience - to do this without another ds console, simply leave your system in mingle mode overnight and you'll get "alien" events which will give mingle experience.

Have fun with the game, get off Holla Forums before someone deliberately spoils the ending for you. Above all, enjoy it. It's rare for Square to ever deviate from a by-the-numbers experience.

Shiki was always the worst partner, what's wrong with you? Joshua was great especially once he started levitating.

These anons get it. TWEWY is, in my opinion, the perfect DS game. It makes full use of every single function the DS is capable of and has some of the most unique and entertaining combat I've ever encountered. These one and done posters are dickheads who likely never played the game. You've made an excellent choice in picking up TWEWY.

I'd love for a sequel to appear but Nomura is suffering under Square and the Wii U is now dead so we won't get anything on that either.
TFW no TWEWY crossover with Splatoon.

Color me surprised.

I've already said my piece but
fuck, I miss TWEWY. I just remembered that the game rewards you for picking higher battle difficulty, too. Fucking great game. Time to pick it up again.

Have these two dope wallpapers I saved from back in the day. Sadly, they're at 2008 resolution so maybe you can use them for a tablet device or something.
Still, reverse image search doesn't turn up anything on these, which makes them rare so enjoy.

What was the best brand and why was it Pegaso? If you weren't using a deck full of lightning pins like you were Mike "Electric Fence" Pence before you got the Black Planet set, you have no taste. Also,
COLLECT AND SELECT, SHOW ME YOUR BEST SET

This.

Best pin combination was the one that made obstacles explode and the point and click telekinesis pins. Throwing exploding vending machines at monsters never got old.

If you ever set your level above 10 then you were shit at the game.

Pegaso also had the best shopkeeper

That game had everything. Might be time for a replay. Still can't believe that they hyped up a re-release for phones. What the fuck was that shit?

I still remember the hype.
since then, i've ignored all trailers and marketing hype and have been better for it

Nobody cared who I was until there was a countdown

I gets worse when you can see the fnords shills and realize Holla Forums is just targeted NEET advertising.

What did she even do in the game?

Isn't that the dumb slut's true form or something?

I have a legit copy of the game, no case though. I planned to beat it with as few sittings as possible, it took me 4 days. The game is great and when played without long breaks like that it becomes an emotional roller coaster. Eat the burger or whatever that gets you more courage to wear girly clothes, some of them give you really nice stat boots. I didn't do that for neku because I wanted to finish the game as soon as possible and it takes hours to activate.

The combat system was kinda hard to get used to at the beginning but it you get used to it if you arent a shitter. I reccomend using the long range attacks and a healing badge for neku, because later on if you get touched by enemies you are kinda fucked. I usually played on hard mode at the lowest level possible for me to survive, but I could not manage boss fights like that though, they would take me out in under a minute.

If you still dont like the game take a break for a while and try again, thats what I do when i dont like certain games when i first try them.

An most of all, have fun user!

Doesnt the game end the scene right before it reaches her face? Or do you unlock it later?

Shiki? No, in real life she's incredibly plain looking, you see her in the DS game.

Then why does she have the doll? Is that her friend, then?

I don't know anything about her other than that picture was used to promote the mobile version. I think she had a scene in that version at the very end of game but I'm not sure and I never saw it.

stop bumping this trash

I think she appears for a single scene in the mobile game. there's a twewy fan wiki if you give enough of a shit

i mean, it's your choice but that's a waste of such a fine game

Never played this shit. Why should I bother? Why is this regarded as one of the best DS jrpgs?

It's got a really good battle system that requires you to use both screens for rhythm/touch pad tracing combat. It is awkward at first but the game has some many quality of life touches (level and difficulty sliders that alter XP and item drops, every encounter happens at your deciding, no random encounters or bump system). If nothing else, it is worth a try to see what modern(ish) square can/could do when it was actually trying.

Theres no point dragging it on for me. One of my ways of savoring games is playing it all day, TWEWY was one of those few games that i actually got addicted to and could not stop playing. I played the game properly and used a bunch of its badges and other mechanics and even fought a secret boss or two. For me it wasnt a waste, it was a blast. Playing it kinda fast does not change the fact that its just as fun at all.

Meant for

CALLING

How does someone not like this style? Is really fucking good.

As for the story, it was good until the very end. The whole premise and characters are alright, most of the twists are pretty good.

I don't. The ending wrapped almost everything and the rest is explained either though secret reports or side stories. You must be a faggot to want a sequel, but wanting another game as part of the serie doesn't sound that bad.

I always hated the lack of slash pins.

Its a good game, now fuck off before someone spoils the ending
Come back to discuss after you finish it

World makes it plain that how things work is pretty much how they work in Japan's Shibuya district and the Game can take as many forms as there are Composers to dictate their forms. They could use the entire series as a dumping ground for ideas and gameplay mechanics while writing it off as a different district of Japan or delving into other cities around the world.

Pic related is actual good anime art

Here's the complete wallpaper posted in the OP. Fuck OP.

Now you're just being a hipster. There's nothing generic in TWEWY art other than following FF tropes in spiky hair and zippers, other than that, the art style is unique, from the proportions to the clothing. That's manly Nomura's artstyle, and you're deluded if you think you see it often in any other place that isn't FF and KH, and then, this one is completely distinct from those.

Where are this pages from? Really fucking good.

That's why I mean, there can be "games" everywhere, and that sounds really cool Like one set in chiyoda. As for the gameplay, I'd like to see the same gameplay but in steroids, I think TWEWY had pretty good pins, butyou could have more and more varied to have even more strategy.

So OP, have you stopped sucking dick long enough to git gud?

What about this dialogue is cringy aside from dumb anime melodrama?