What exactly happened back in 2007?

I'm specifically talking about with gaming. And, not in a "Good old years" manners. What were the events that went on because, quite honestly, I barely remember any of it.

The Orange Box containing HL2 Episode 2, TF2, and Portal was released. So was CoD 4.

2007 is a meme for people who can't spend the minimum amount of effort looking for decent vidya

Nothing really besides there was some vidya that sold really, really well. Unfortunately it was shitty games so that became the standard to make big games.

Yes user, the entire industry didn't spend a decade trying to replicate CoD's formula. We just imagined it to be so.

Also did you know the cake is a lie? Oh don't mind me, I'm just showing off my deep knowledge and understanding of a phrase prevalent throughout a little known niche cult classic. You've probably never heard of it.

DIdn't you just answer your own question with that image?

Was it immediately taken over by communists on day 1? I doubt it but since I wasn't there, I can't be certain.

Rereading my post I realise my sentence makes no sense, let me skip to what I mean.
If you're going to look at AAA trash that wants to compete and capture the CoD audience, you're gonna get CoD clones. Now I'm not claiming that under the radar there are billions and billions of games that are totally better than doom and SS but there are still good games that lack publicity(it's not really their fault, they have to compete with games that have millions dumped into marketing campaigns or developers who are all buddy buddy with all the shills journalists). And they're flawed, no one's saying otherwise. Either the devs are not talented enough, or they don't have much of a budget to reach their full potential, but they're still fun and worthwhile games in their own right. Quit looking at what's super marketed, wade through some shit for a while and I guarentee you will find something that's worthwhile.

Oh hey it's that thread again. We get it you fucking newfags, le videogames were better before and muh normalfags.

1. In 2001, the 9/11 attacks spurn a wave of patriotism in America.

2. Leftism was always anti-American since the Vietnam war, and gears up for a new season of counter culture.

3. By 2007, the seeds are sown and the Left takes back the American minds. This includes children and their games.

dude when I was 16 I didn't give a hot damn about the state of the gaming industry

also, I still don't care

Here's more proof that 2007 was a cursed year

2006 is when everything actually started going to shit. 2007 is just when the shittiness became so bad it was impossible to deny.

Take this too.

this gem was released in 2007

2007 was when pop/nerd "culture" and western society finally reached terminal stage of cancer.
But i'd say everything finally died around 2013, when feminists and libtards finally realized that gaming existed, and that it was too masculine for their tastes. And here we are.

Were you even alive back then?

For most of it's early existence tumblr was plaything for hipsters with artistic aspirations and few html skills and a bunch of sexual deviants. The SocJus shit (which was amplified by Russian shitposters and trolls as well as raids/moles) took over around 2010/11.
Also

More like autistic.

No, that's not it. It may have contributed, but the real issue was Obama getting elected. Obama opened the floodgates to mass funding of extremist leftist groups that invaded all parts of society, media especially. There's a reason the neon haired hambeasts suddenly started appearing in talks and conferences everywhere over the course of his presidency.

I was 11 at the time.

Obamas election did have more to do with it than le meme year. 2007 was a pretty solid year for games and lots of great games followed. If you can't find good games its your own fault.

If that were the case, the shouldn't games have been getting better now that Trump was elected?