Is this good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its complete shit that was abandoned like a couple weeks post launch

not anymore

Its ubisoft.

Okay-ish gameplay, but the sheer genius of networking killed it. Also:

The graphics, animations and mechanics are absolute god-tier.
I fell in love with the Beta.

But the game is still peer-to-peer, therefore you can't even enjoy it because everyone is abusing the connection to win. Fuck this game

It doesn't have a single player campaign?

The campaign is a piece of dogshit that was made in like a week just for the sake of hyping the game up even more

It had huge issues in all of its betas, both in design and execution, that persisted into release and as such it died pretty much right away.

what do you think?

Forgot to mention that the devs stopped development pretty much the milisecond the game was released. They haven't any new content - and more importantly no new factions.
We could be playing as the motherfucking Byzantines against the filthy Mudslimes but they chose what is "le famous among le audience xddd" and you can only play as the Knights, nuVikings and edgy samurai. All this fucking potential thrown out the window because lmao money

Didn't they add a "centurion" to the knight faction? They also added a ninja to the japanese. It's retarded but they did add something post-release. That was many months ago though, I'm pretty sure the game is dead now.

It's so dead they've been sending out emails about how they're discontinuing some program they had to redeem in game points for rewards like phone cases or whatever.

95% of its initial player base has fucked off already and its dead as hell.

It was promising at first but apparently they ruined everything. I'm glad I never got interested in it because Ubisoft.

But Harada said it was good :^)

It was probably good when it came out and the main devs looked like he was autistic about the fights.

It's even more depressing because one of the origianl prototype, while gameplay wise was meh-ish had a much better looking gamemode going on.

Somewhat distrue, they are ATTEMPTING to add dedicated servers after nearly a fucking year but it's probably too little too late.

It has No Honor.

They want to apply the R6 Siege model but For Honor doesn't work like that, the multiplayer and the progression system is based on RNG crates, not heroes/operators with unique loadout.
If they really want to fix the multiplayer then they would have to redo everything, like assigning a unique loadout and armour to each hero instead of the RNG shit (or they can keep the micro-transactions for cosmetics only).

The P2P system is shit but adding dedicated servers won't fix the game.

No I've played the beta and while I didn't have any netcode issues, the gameplay was (and most likely still is) repetitive trash.

It's actually pretty realistic. You can imitate the weapon techniques and you would be on 100% point, makes it good reference for art or fight choreography.

Even my normalfag friends basically say this. It would have been a solid 20 dollar game, Instead they charged 50 making it a total gyp.

you mean saracens?

Get the fuck out of here. Glitching, ghosting, texture popping, progressive character design and blurry shit. Essentially a dumbed down, scaled down, SJW friendly Age of Conan.

It looks worse than Dark Souls 1, what are you talking about?

What about Crusaders?

It is seppuku.

I FUCKING WONDER WHO IS BEHIND THIS FUCKING POST

Gameplay was fun, the easiest way to describe it would be that it's similar to darksouls pvp with better mechanics for one on one fights.

The combat was amazing and fun. In traditional fighting games, top level players don't necessarily rely on reaction speed or twitch mechanics to beat their opponents but instead try to read them and gauge their actions, for honour takes this concept and applies it to the base level, meaning you learn to read your opponent before learning the intricacies of each character and their combo strings, etc. It's kind of hard to describe but that's the best way I could put it.

My main gripes with the game are the shitty rng based loot that can have substantial effects on gameplay, at least it was only cosmetic in the 1v1 and 2v2 game modes. The p2p networking, which honestly wasn't as much of an issue during the beta and the launch month, it only started being a real issue after most people dropped it and the system struggled to match people together. The cheese also deserves a mention, you'll be thrown of a cliff 50 times before you get the hang of guard break countering and by the time you figure out which attacks are unblockable in a fight you'll be dead. The game doesn't do enough to teach you about these things, and was a huge detterent to anybody who didn't play the beta or wasn't willing to put effort into practice. Lastly I hate stage hazards in any game, and most stages have them to some degree be they cliffs, water geysers or bonfires.
All that being said, I think for honour has amazing potential, everything from the animations and choreography to the visual impact each stage gives you. It's gorgeous in many aspects, but ugly in most.

The game is obviously a work of passion that was unfortunately ruined by the current state of the AAA industry.

What is AssCreed Unity?

Quite possibly the best ledge-pushing simulator ever made.

Perfectly summed up. However I found that the game does perfectly explain the guard mechanics and countering. But not in the first tutorial. You had to try the extra practice course, which the game did recommend you try first before joining a game.
I did the first mistake in ignoring it at first and got my ass kicked many times. I tried the practice course and within 10 minutes I knew more than the vast majority of the playerbase. Never got defeated again during the rest of the Beta.
Sucks that the game ended up like this though. I had finally found a game I enjoyed, only for it to become a peer 2 peer broken mess

I wonder if this game will somehow make a miraculous comeback like Siege did where they put the time, effort, and resources into creating a good product that will end up being more popular than it was at release. I doubt it.

The only glitching I ever experienced was with the cloth when climbing a ladder. It would go crazy for half a second. No ghosting seen.
Only at the start of the level, when the textures are still loading. I haven't seen any tectures popping up and I pay autistic amount of attention on those things.
I hated that too, but if you count the amount of absurdity in the game's setting, it didn't bother me that much.
Stop using FXAA you huge fucking retard. The game was crisp as fuck with MSAA

PC, maxed out. It looks fucking god-tier. Not a single Dark Souls game can even compete when it comes to visuals.

Would love them to be added, but you can still larp as a Crusader with the available armor warpaints. There was one that looked like some kind of Catholic art, and you could make the symols red, while the rest of the cloth was white. Looked pretty cool.

It has a roman centurion

thats all I really care about

They atleast caved in with the dedicated servers which should make 4v4 the new main mode since 1v1 is trash and the fact they just announced a new update coming in about a week with 2 new heroes.

Personally I kinda enjoy the game

Is that a fucking Retarius?

Is this game making the DLC deadliest warrior now?

For some reason since the knights in For Honor speak Latin they get roman characters. Like others have said the dev team is under manned but the ones who remain are dedicated since they host a dev stream every week . Games not perfect id recommend pirating it since it got cracked recently or getting it for cheap on key sites . They atleast want to try to with the game since ubisoft can just shit out the DLC and forget us yet they decided to give us dedicated servers and bunch of other changes.

I also like the premise of it being this low fantasy game of a bunch of these warrior cultures fighting it out

No. There has never been a single good multiplayer game. There is no reason to play multiplayer games.

Absolver?

I've played it since beta, but pretty much all the other anons here basically said what I was going to say but I'll add on a few other things.

The game is really fun overall, but wait to see how the dedicated servers affect the game before shelling out money for it.

Image of my Lawbringer main in game. See you fags on the battlefield.

Yeah sorry buddy play a real mans class

I would edit these orochi's to kensei's if I weren't so god damn lazy.

youtube.com/watch?v=38sPNZ8QHO4

Watch this, and the answer is obviously no

I dont get why For Honors is so shitty MW2 had P2P with like 18 players and it ran fine most of the time atleast they are switching to dedicated

The fuck is this.

I'd assume it's because there's no regional servers like GTA: Online, so everyone from China, India, Brazil, Europe, and America are thrown into one server and therefore the game plays like complete ass.

I did some digging for Honor uses experimental P2P

It's P2P where everyone is the host apparently and it's highly unstable

A ceastus

He's a centurion who punches shit

I was actually really looking forward to it but then I heard it had p2p and balance issues, was still thinking about it but luckily my good friend Ubisoft had my back and included a shitty equipment grind straight out of the corporate textbook to make sure I knew to avoid it. This was good as it soon bombed as they released no new content and did fuck all to try and improve it.

It was a game with great potential that was ruined by the current state of Ubisoft and the AAA industry.

The problem with the gear grind is that there is no good gear to get

Ubishit probably thought that doing it on a game nobody cared about because it didn't come from a major already-established IP or a new IP with a literally a billion in marketing

still shit with no excuse

Yet it somehow sold a fuck ton for being a new IP and it barely had any marketing. Personally I think that old dude with the cane is to blame.

He leaves the For Honor team and 2 weeks later they announce dedicated servers

Where are the proofs???

Really the way he uses it is realistic?

i bought this because iron pineapple released a video of him shitstomping with the centurion and i played it with a friend a few times

it's fun as fuck and the animations and dynamic movement shit is fucking buttery smooth, the only time the game is bullshit is when you get stunlocked because you don't understand how you're getting your ass beat, but in my experience many of the good players tried to explain to me why i was getting my ass beat so hard when i asked, even when they were on the enemy team and could easily shit talk

there isn't often honor in anything other than 1v1 because the base game revolves around pushing your advantages if you outnumber the enemy, and as others have said, getting cheaped off a ledge by someone spamming unblockable combos can be pretty frustrating, but the simple solution is don't stand near the edge and you can avoid cheap deaths 90% of the time

people also mention peer to peer shit, i've personally had a good experience with it but it is understandably incredibly shit for people with bad connections or people who live in the middle of nowhere

i still want to play the shit out of it but none of my friends want to play

Do you really need friends to play this game?

legitimately sad that they had this great concept, a great first beta, and then managed to fucking ruin it with their kikery

I got it for free from a raffle, and you know what? It's… totally fine conceptually, and there's this amazing technology behind it, but it's fundamentally broken. The balance is totally fucked, the gameplay becomes rote and uninspired (especially in duels) and the system for obtaining new armour and starts is so fucking Jewish that it could only come from Ubisoft or EA. The connection issues are also so horrifically bad that it's impossible to accurately describe them. The game will never recover because the barrier of entry is too high for a lot of people. Siege made a recovery because it's essentially a Counter-Strike clone with classes, which everyone can get into, but For Honor is a weird, third person brawler/fighting game with only niche appeal.

One thing I will say is that it runs like a dream when it does run. I don't live in the USA, but I got into a match with a bunch of Americans once and there was no lag to speak of. It was exactly like playing with people from my own country. You also have to respect that they at least tried something new.

The core idea is alright. Everything Ubisoft surrounded/filled it with was bad though.

no

My problem is how everyone and their mom hyped up duel mode likes its this super AWESOME thing but then 2 weeks later peole realize duel is shallow as fuck. This is why when 4v4 gets dedicated servers it will be the main for honor mode since there were bareky any balance issues in 4v4 or a turtle meta.

People were warned
People bought this anyway
This is why we can't have nice things