Vidya Games Thread

What games have you played recently, Holla Forums ??
Are they any good?

((( ∧,,∧           ∧,,∧ (´・ω・`)          (´・ω・`) ( つ V I D Y A G A M E S ⊂ ) しー-J  T H R E A D  しー-J)))

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/immersive-fast-travel-1422
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/fast-travel-fixed-1422
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Addicted as fuck to Digimon World Next Order. Digimon World 1 on ps1 is one of my favorite games ever, and the fact that this exists is just a goddamn miracle to me. Aside from a few minor gripes with it, I'd say I like Next Order more.

Returned to the game and started a melee run. It's a grind and it's a pain to get into dodge rolls at low agility stats with the fucked up i-frames, but it's somehow pretty comfy to do it all over.

Bought it after being shilled by the thread here, it's pretty fun for a round then and now. Plan to get autistic about learning the grappling movement later this week. Somehow i have a tendency of getting simulator sickness in source engine games. I absolutely never have it otherwise, and i swear it's not because of the fast pace, i have it as well in HL2, Portal and Garrys Mod

Complete piece of shit with no redeemable qualities aside from being a game to play without much thought with normalfag friends.

I have been playing nothing but Doom for the past month. Something I've learned from playing player made megawads is that they all have to include at least one map that is incredibly hard and drags on for far too long. You'll think to yourself, "Surely that was the end of it, this map has been pretty long already", and then the next difficult encounter will hit, you will die, and you will wonder if the mapmaker really expects you to slog through 20+ minutes of deadly encounter after deadly encounter without saving.

Still, it's been incredibly fun otherwise. Nothing is perfect after all.

Warframe

Rainbow Six Siege

Full Bokko Heroes

Save me from this multiplayer and mobage hell.

Revisited Fallout 4. It gets worse every time I do.

Just got back and will start playing Cold Steel

The pacing feels average so far. Not sure if I could call this game a favorite yet, but I like the cast.

It's shit and I hate it. It could be fun if there were some specific changes, though.

Started to play Midnight Club 2, just smoked this asshole. I've always been a fan of the series, wish it had more PC ports of its titles though.

these devs are good overall but can't balance their game worth a shit
Why does everyone shit on this game so much?
I forgot how utterly shit this game is
I don't even like this genre but I bought this anyway because I like the devs that much and hope they make endless legend 2

Stalker:CoC
Dark Souls 3
Voodoo Vince

Finally got vacation, think i'm going to beat all the 3 Thief-games.

I guess I did 9/11.

I haven't played any videogames recently because I've been writing an 80 page overview of linguistics for /tg/ instead.

pretty shit. I got to Nick Valentine but don't plan to continue
Great game, hope it keeps getting updates cause I love it so far
Beat it yesterday, good game but flawed in areas like the section with Emma and Fortune
started today, loving it so far. I think I'll enjoy it more than mgs2 if it doesn't shit itself late like 2
love it, lots of depth to combat and active community. I hate maul knight faggots who abuse overhead attacks and drag around with max sensitivity, but it's ok cause I can scum them with the dagger as Man at arms

another KOTH shooter, but i enjoy it more with friends.
seriously needs more content, which is coming, otherwise it's fine and better than DBD
currently the best active WW2 shooter out there

is it me, or do non-essential mods not work in this game at all? all i want to do is kill preston and whoever else annoys the fuck out of me, and no matter what mods i get that say "kills companions" shit doesn't work.

I've been mostly playing Enter The Gungeon since it's already on my comp and my controller was plugged in. I like when I get trash like the half finished piece of shit gun and still manage to get the master round on that floor, and since checking out the wiki I've finally learned that blue and green chests aren't items and weapons but actually just rarity indicators. I got all of the elevator shortcuts finished and did the boss rush first try with the bullet since I got the prototype railgun and the ring of guns with some rechargeable active item so I could just stand next to the boss and watch their health melt. Speaking of, the bullet took forever to unlock since I kept getting runs where he'd show up but die via incidental damage. Either way the game's pretty fun, worth at least a limewire or torrent or whatever they call those things nowadays.
Before that I had finally played through Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers. I had bought the game a while back during some sort of sale and had only gone to the second level before not touching it for several years. The game is a sort of physics simulator but not really. You platform around in a 3D environment with three tools to navigate; a cutting laser, a rope/hook to pull/drag objects, and a rocket projectile that you shoot to attach to things then shoot again to make them launch. There's only a half a dozen normal stages, but they're pretty big, and there's mini platforming challenges in the form of arcade cabinets as well. Along with rocks and squishing moles, the soundtrack itself is a form of collectible in the form of cassettes you need to collect in order to play. You'll usually get a free one at the beginning of a stage but if you want to hear all of the songs you really have to go out of your way. I had actually been listening to the OST way before fully playing the game and it's fucking stellar so it's worth playing just for that. If you just rush to the ending without going out of your way you can probably finish in two or three hours, but if you are trying to get everything I'd say it'd at least double that time.

Modded it, first time playing it on PC too. Having some fun
Been playing morrowind online with the fags here got me hungry for the game again, there is still so much shit I haven't done yet in that game.

I bought the $1 worth bunch of games from Humble Bundle, some zombie side scroller, Saint's Row 2, Risen 3 and Homefront. I've installed Homefront first because hey, the premise is fucking stupid but I kind of liked what the gameplay looked like from what I've seen. Openish world with vehicles and stuff, generic but tolerable.

What I didn't think of was that I actually bought the game before than one where you just walk in a straight line shooting dudes. I can't believe the 'North Korea conquers USA' premise got two games. And now I feel sad because I bought a generic military shooter.

as shitty as they are, the first one is better.

i think the only reason it sold well was because of the red dawn remake, and anti-north korea vibes are still high.

Put those at the bottom of your load order, and also I've found they only work under certain conditions. So, for example, if a companion is currently following you, then they might be killable. However, if you stopped being a consolefag and got a PC, you'd be able to have proper mods which fix the game's issues thoroughly, instead of hacked-together mods made by teenagers.

Really? Cause I find the movement and aiming super clunky. The shotgun is pretty good though.

Hollow Bugwaifus.
I'm having a terrible time with framedrops. Such a shame.

Fucking hell that flag.

I feel like every time Gamefreak comes out with a new generation of Pokemon they try to "Optimize" the previous generations by giving pokemon moves that actually fit their stats and abilities. Maybe I'm misremembering but when I first played pokemon Emerald I remember the only viable strategy was pick the weakness of the opponents pokemon and sweep away.

siege and tekken. Waiting for Yakuza Kiwami.

my siege nigga

i was going to start this one the other day but i don't have dualshock drivers on my pc right now and didn't feel like getting them again

Pretty good so far. Lunatic fates conquest was real good gameplay, but i couldn't get into it or give a shit. This feels a lot better, if only because a good chunk of it is ripped from the past.

Christ, this game is good. Done 2/5 endings so far. The ride currently never ending. Can only run it at 640 resolution but it's great. pirated it but will probably buy it before i get to that ending, maybe just to support it

Playing multiplayer with a 10 year old little brother in law who never played them. He went through halo 1 and 2 and I'll give him 3 once i figure out how to transfer my maps and modes and dlc

>Fire emblem heroes
i know its a shitty mobile game but its slightly better than any other shitty mobile game i've found. Made a team fof OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Trying to pirate Hitman 2016 but my internets shit.

The wait for new ops is killing me. Word is by the end of august we'll have them.

jesus wept. skull rain was early august in it's respective season so Operation health really fucked everything up. Anyway heres the current supposed "leak" of the 1 GROM we're supposed to get

I'm pretty sure you can do it with just console commands. I'd use it to remove piper's head first

I have some spare steam bucks as a game i was going to get ran like shit and refunded. Seige still got good multuplayer? How low can i make seiges settings?

Been pretty fun so far. Just finished Dead Money, which made me want to make another character and try out energy weapons and science so i'm doing it all over again. I've been experimenting with ENB too, and it really does make New Vegas look gorgeous, especially with the improved shading and shadows.
It's pretty fun. Conquered all of the central plains and Neibei. P'much everything Tsao Tsao had in history is what I got right now, right down to xiangyang. Except Chang an. Been pretty fun, but there's no one left to challenge me. The only other warlords left have no chance of winning. I've just been giving them time to get a big stronger in the hopes of some challenge.
Playing an evil Brujah. Been fun. Never been evil in the game before. Gets annoying how quick I am to embrace the beast when i'm hit though. One shotgun blast, and i'm raging and out of control, and I do significantly less damage when in rage mode, which is stupid considering how high my melee and brawl are.

Eh… not that bad of a concept, needs tons of polishing, I can also spot Genesis models from DAZ Studio in there.

I like it, but many people complain about lag and fucked hitboxes. Also it seems pretty well optimized, I never get FPS drops and have a constant 60 at maxed graphics on a mid range machine. Mind you, you'll have to install uplay to play it even when buying through steam.

I'm in the middle of replaying it, since I've made it a goal to play it through once every summer. My play habits are really bad though. A few days ago I played for about four hours, then wasn't in the mood to do anything but shitpost for two or three days, and then played for about half-an-hour last night.

>Final Fantasy XIII
I figured I'd finally bite the bullet and play this turd, though I haven't played it in like a week. I'm hoping to get some laughs out of it, but it always seems like that's never the case unless a game/movie/comic/etc. is Manos: the Hands of Fate-tier shit.

Been too lazy to start Bayonetta.

I wasn't enjoying this game until I hit NG+ and now I'm debating playing it through for a third time

Infinitely better than the first in every way. Story is more interesting and better developed, characters have much much more personality. World is more detailed and expansive. More shit to do. More secrets to unlock.

The time travel thing feels like a gimmick, especially because there's so little to do in Old Springdale. It's also kind of annoying that you have to ride the train back just to switch times just so you can use a Mirapo to warp back into town.

Haven't played in years so all the new story stuff and ship upgrading is pretty neat. It's not challenging at all though since I've got a Max Ranked Saryn with several max ranked weapons.

In MY OPINION siege is a case of absolute fluke brilliance. It has no right to be good considering its a ubisoft titles but i guess whatever devs they put in charge are almost competent. The multiplayer is still active and I haven't had any issues getting into a match on a near daily basis. It's just full of neat shit and the right median between tactical and tacticool. the destruction is the best on the market, you can peep through bullet holes which are sized accordingly to caliber, create killholes, destroy defenses. and since it uses limited use gadgets for these things the match can change wildly depending on how those gadgets were used or if the operator carrying them is killed. and since you are -not- told what operators enemies are using until you identify them yourself you can't counter-pick before round start. All these things combined it turns into this fucked up game where I feel like I'm learning new tricks frequently even though I have nearing 600 hours in it as it stands right now

I can't help you on this one since I play it on megadick settings often with my nose glued to the screen to look through peepholes

Lag is just a shitter complaint, but the matchmaking is fuckity right now and A CERTAIN (((OPERATOR))) still has janky hitboxes that are supposedly being fixed in operation health right the fuck now, pic related

As a really big fan of this game I still do -not- advocate purchasing it for full price and strongly recommend to play a free weekend first or keep track of your hours before you can refund, a lot of people do get put off by low people with more experience with the meta dunking on them in less than a second

Do it user, it's great fun.

Insert wrist rocket meme here

I have that shirt.
Fucking MvC3 collector's edition preorder and I was such a slut for Marvel and Capcom's dicks that I bought UMvC3 on release day nine months later.

Hands down the best fighter released this year; All the new characters are great, the balance changes buff the weaker characters while not crippling the high tier ones and has the best tutorial/training options added to a fighting game since VF4:Evo.
I downloaded the faithful version, but it still is missing a lot of the original pokemon. They should have just added pokemon instead of removing some to add newer ones. Pokemon Prism only added pokemon so they've got no excuse o removing.
Also the old limited boxes, bag space and PC storage really damper the experience. Other than that all the improvements are great and I'm having more fun with it than the official gen 6/7 games.
Just got it today, so far the PC port has been really great.

Yakuza 5. I really like it, it's about as good as the fourth game. The characters are always likable and interesting, and the substories and minigames all have a nice charm to them. Shinada's a cool addition to the cast, having a character that has incentivises weapon use is great, because in the previous games I didn't rely on weapons because they were tedious to make and didn't offer any better damage than melee most of the time.

I think it has some pacing issues though. For example saejima's sidemissions at the village completely take away any urgency in the story because you'll spend ten hours playing big game hunter for the completion. Haruka's are a bit like this too. I'd get the sidestories out of the way first so I could level fast and continue with the story in one big chunk rather than doing them later in the game. Like most yakuza games the actual plot is pretty weak. Similar to the previous games you're just following a series of clues about betrayals in the yakuza world, and trying to stop the Tojo clan from imploding. A big theme of the game is dreams and what people do to achieve them at any cost, which relates to almost all important characters who show up and is actually pretty cool. The main cast, the Hostesses, and a lot of other characters in the story all have dreams that you help resolve in one way or another. It falls apart at the end though; the antagonists are introduced way too late and their are just sob stories that don't make them compelling in the least. And of course the game has to end with Kiryu "dying".

What was the point of Haruka telling her fans that Kazuma is her father? Did she really have to drop his name? Most of the public wouldn't know who he is anyway, other than that he's yakuza.

Have some oc.

Im playing THE SURGE demo. Its not bad so far. Reminds me of hitting people with boards or bats in manhunt mixed with vagrant story and obligatory souls comparison. I never heard any1 here mention it. Is it shit? I've barely scratched the surface.

i am a mustard, pic related

i've heard that method doesn't work

get mad cuck

She used to be my favorite until she was nerfed to oblivion. Did they fix her? What build is even viable? I only get use from her modded for range in camping survivals and using spores on her decoy. How do you build her?

I'm reinstalling Fallout New Vegas, I had a bunch of mods installed from a year ago or so but I forgot what half of them did so I'm posting a list from that save. I had Tale of Two Wastelands installed in order to play Fallout 3 on it but I didn't really like it so I'm not going to install it. Please recommend me some mods.

WEW

No idea. It's been so long since I've played that I don't even remember how I'm supposed to play her or build her. I might have even quit before the nerf.

Best game in the series.

You forgot a mod

Does that mod even come with birthing animations, all the pictures I've seen are the one with the horrible looking stomach and the ones with shrunken super mutants warped in a blanket called her "offspring"

Shit like this is why we're building the wall and throwing you on the other side of it.

GTA Vice City and San Andreas

Replaying the game for 100%, and fuck me. I forgot how great VC looked in comparison to SA, and how SA had much better-feeling gameplay than Vice City.

Try Not To Break Your Computer In Half Because Every Game Freezes Randomly 3: Saving Up For New RAM Vengeance
it's ok
I hope this time I don't drop the game right as I get to the Hoover Dam again
The only one that works, great to play while listening to some long video or radio recordings
Dead within a week, fucking pathetic, can't believe I spent money on this
it's ok, pretty fucking hard

Is that really what it looks like? That's hilarious!

Diablo 2 Median XL

I started playing it to scratch the itch I was getting from waiting for the big Path of Exile patch to drop. It improves a lot of bad parts of D2, Nightmare's no longer just space filler because you're supposed to be hitting level 90 by Nightmare A5 and Hell is just plain difficult, there's a lot more stuff to do in the midgame like level challenges, and there's a few new options for items that make gearing more fluid. It makes others worse, especially the binary health problem where you're either alive and fine or in deep shit and dead and the difference between them is about half a second. Loot's a lot more plentiful and there's more stuff to do with it like cube recipes and crafting, but it makes storing and cubing gems and runes a chore. There's more skills but it feels like the trees were flattened rather than expanded because they aren't really trees anymore, they're just columns of five skills that are usually each a self-contained archetype (fire druid, shapeshift druid, bow druid, etc) with a few attack skills, a movement skill, and a passive that buffs the tree, there isn't much of a reason to spread points around.

8/10 it's okay, the improved gearing and difficulty buys a lot of forgiveness for its shortcomings. I wish the skill trees were more fluid.

Titanfall 2 had a really nice single player campaign, a lot better than most releases today and its mech action is simple but it satisfied me until Battletech is released, man, I felt bad for BT-7274 at the end.
Solstice Chronicles - MIA wasnt a bad time waster but the campagin/gameplay was just way too repetitive to keep me interested more than one playthrough.
Legends of Eisenwald, I want to like the game and it has a lot of potential but for fucks sake, I have never seen a worse translation into English than this game, its almost unplayable.

Have you not played the original?

Well that's not saying much.

hitman contracts
my save got corrupted

the ps2 versions are the best looking ones. gta on pc looks like n64 emulation tbh.

It's pretty spooky, though some of it fades away when you get stuck somewhere and have to keep slogging through empty rooms to get back to the spot you died

I want to fug the ghost girls

i remember when this was Holla Forums's waifu for a day. nearly 10 years ago.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME

Relax, it was only 9.

Too late, user. You're old now. Today it's reminiscing about past memories, tomorrow it's driving on the wrong side of the highway.

Picked up CrossCode and Sengoku Rance recently. Former is a decently fast-paced action brawler with good pixel art, interesting combat/loot system where the longer you stay in combat and more enemies you kill the better your drops. Little grindy, though.

Rance is an entirely different beast than I expected. I know people talk about it on here and keep saying the gameplay blindsided them and actually distracted them from the porn, but I thought it was a joke until I actually played the fucking game. It's so simple to play - you basically choose two actions to take a turn, trying to take over Japan (Sorry - JAPAN) with strategic attacks and so on, but it's got a lot of complexity under the surface.

It was decent play though but I never even thought of giving it a 2nd go

Starcraft. Breddy gud, although I forgot how much I sucked shit at this game.

Ori and the Blind Forest
I was told by my friend Ori and the Blind Forest is a great game, but I find it very frustrating.
Beforehand, let me say this game is beautiful in terms of aesthetic and by no means bad. However I still think it's overrated by the public and I wish to bitch about various things that I've never seen brought up.

I hated this opening. It felt so emotionally manipulative to me. They trot out this cute creature that adopts you, you live a happy life with it and bond with it, and then they fucking kill it. And you are forced to watch. The entire time I knew it was going to die so I was just mashing spacebar saying "I KNOW IT DIES LET ME PLAY LET ME PLAY LET ME PLAY!" So fucking boring.

literally just "save the forest from the darkness" and you are given nothing else. I don't mind games with little to no story, but why the fuck was i forced to sit through that long dramatic opening that leads to a fucking nothing story. It just feels weird.

serves its purpose but completely forgettable.

I die so much in this game and it infuriates me because often I feel like it's because of poor choices of game design rather than my fault.
The spiked instakill zones are rendered in the same art style as the backgrounds so they blend in and I often find myself not even seeing the fucking spikes before I die.
Both you and the enemies attack by firing laser lightshow pellets at each other and it conflicts with the art style in my opinion. This makes it a pain (if not impossible occasionally) to see where enemy attacks are and dodge them in the bloom soup. When you are able to actually see what's happening the combat is ridiculously easy.
The jumping isn't a consistent arc like megaman or castlevania, and it feels very "floaty." I don't like it, to be frank. I miss many jumps simply for the fact that I didn't hold down jump the entire time.
The save system is both great and terrible. It's great that it is (at the start) a limited save system that you can choose to activate at any time. If you die you will respawn at that spot. This forces you to be conservative with placing your saves, but also gives you flexibility. However as time goes on (e.g. 2 hours later) you can shit out these saves whenever you want which basically ruins that aspect. I very frustrated with this system and I frequently lose progress because I forget to save. There are no checkpoints so when I finally do "lose myself" in the game and start enjoying myself, I'm just playing the game, running around, collecting items, exploring the map, fighting dudes, etc, I forget to fucking save because I'm not thinking about it. Then I will accidentally walk over some spikes that blended into the scenery and lose an hour of fucking progress. There should have been SOME kind of checkpoint or automatic save system. I realize that common reply would be "well just remember to save retard" and I would agree if this was a slower, more methodical game. Not a bright, colorful, run and jump game. Can you imagine a 2D mario where the ONLY saves were the ones you made? It would either make the game trivial because you abuse it constantly or way too hard because you forget to use it. That's the issue I have here.
The map portrays itself as open world, but it's super linear. However, you don't realize this at first because you can go down every path 80% or so before you reach the lock out point where you need the upgrade found on the linear path to proceed. Pretty quickly you stop exploring all together because theres no point in going to these areas before you have all the powers needed to grab everything.
There is an upgrade tree but it feels entirely pointless. It's done in such a way that you are effectively given little to no choice on what upgrades you'll be choosing. Yet another "open" bit of gameplay that is in reality completely linear.

I'm getting tired so I guess I'll stop here.
Maybe I should have made another thread for this, since this post got so big.

stella glow
a big, fat let down

currently having a lot of fun with Etrian Odyssey 4 though

Path of exile, brainless fun, its good but it's fucked hard by it's leveling system and the difficulty is pretty much doesn't exist since in only one part of the game are punish for dying. twas a okay time spent.

I've started playing Slime Rancher since it finally got 1.0 released.
Pretty comfy game and I just love slimes, but holy shit that shoehorned main character holy shit.
The game would be perfect with a face/nameless main character you'd never see for maximum immersiveness.

Playing through Armored Core: Last Raven lately due to the announcement that AC7 is in the works. Taking a couple hints from speedrunners on builds, I finally tried a missile boat build, and I got surprisingly far. Not all the way through, though, which is a bit of a relief since I thought the game was almost broken in half with a missile boat build.

Honestly, with all the QoL features in Last Raven, it's understandably one of the best in the series. I could only imagine the salt having to wait between Ninebreaker and this, though.

I beat Ys origin with all 3 characters on Normal, I decided to go straight to Toal's Nightmare mode Boss rush.
It may have been a mistake because it took me 14 Fucking hours over the course of 3 days, at last 5 of those hours being on This Fucking boss Kishgal.
But at least now I'm pretty much an expert at all the bosses patterns so it shouldn't be as bad going forward.

well just remember to save retard
You have to treat the save system as your secondary ability, the game is designed around it.
Well shit sherlock, I guess if you time your jumps properly and dodge all enemies the game is a breeze too.
It's not like save states that you unlimitedly use, you use it sparingly in easy areas and use it a lot in harder ares, as they provide you with the resources to do so

git gud
This is braindead levels of bad at games.

Titanfall 2, love this. My favorite modern shooter where you go fast and giant waifu robots, only good devs who are any good working for EA

Company of Heroes, beat the Normandy campaign, was mostly good with a few levels sorta eh Hill 192 was a pain. Currently on the German campaign which I am surprised they haven't been shown as evil, and makes the brits look a little bad. Nearly 200 hours baby

Gigantic, its ok for assfaggots not very polished
Audiosurf 2, very comfy rhythm game that improves from the first one, adds YouTube and SoundCloud support with workshop. Recommend the retrowave skinpack

You're spot on m8, with one exception:
Everything in that game was designed from the ground up to emotionally manipulate the player. It is the premiere nu-game designed by (((Microshaft))) to siphon as much money from the player as possible by getting you to buy socks, shirts and whatever other crap from the merchandise store.

Also, fallout new Vegas. Always good

Have you tried adjusting the gamma settings or sitting closer to your monitor or something? I've completed the game three times and have never, ever had this problem. How can you not see the spikes?

Yep. A massive nerf. Have to stay out of the firefight to do 1 attack thats overall weaker than it used to be and cost more energy and take more time reducing dps further. And it was never that powerful to begin with. Making her only effective as a debuffer in camping survivals where she can hide. I'd rather have a nova or even an ember.

Having to use save states to balance the difficulty of a platformer is just bad game design. Abusing save states is for casual cheaters.

post sarah lewds

Figured I'd give Silent Storm a run. God damn I like how destructible everything is.

playing yakuza zero it's pretty fun but walking back and forth between the tiger and dragon and club sunshine is getting tedious.
also gigantic

I've started Marathon today. I've only gotten halfway to the third level. It's pretty strange for a 90s shooter:
>Reload mechanics /k/ trigger warning: Game calls magazines clips

This game is going to get a shitty reboot in the next few years, is it?

I tried playing Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen.

It runs well when it's not crashing randomly (ERR08: Memory overrun) and I like that they let me play a loli. I got stuck on the second character generator though. It's fine to just use the default look for the pawn, right?

Just make whatever you feel like you'll enjoy looking at when playing the game.

Been playing Tsugunai. Pretty enjoyable for the most part. Not much development for the main character (on account of being more or less a silent protagonist, and also just a soul now), but it's neat to see how the other characters you can possess or even just observe are handled. Combat system's got a neat defensive orientation to it, where rather than just standard turn-based affairs where you have to eat hits, you get to time blocks, dodges and counters to reduce, avoid, and return hits, which, given how the game utilizes playing as only one character at a time, is a nice way to let the player actually have more control of their survival. Even gets somewhat hard once bosses start to utilize multi-hit combos. Nice OST by Mitsuda as well.

Strikes me as a bit of a shame that it seems to have been such a lowly regarded title, but since I'm still only partway through it, I'm yet to see if it was one worth dropping $50/60 on at launch, which could be part of the issue. Do wish loading wasn't so prevalent (though I've certainly seen worse), but it is one of those early PS2 games that used a CD-Rom instead of a DVD as a medium, so that might be why.

Whenever I think of strife I get sad because there's no weapons mod of it for doom it's been irrelevant and dead for 21 years now.

If I remember correctly, part of Bungie's contract with Activision that got revealed during the Infinity Ward lawsuit was that, if Destiny were successful, Bungie would be allowed to set aside a portion of their dev team to work on either a Marathon sequel or remake. I forget the specifics exactly. Destiny definitely was successful (ignoring Holla Forums's opinion of the game), but there hasn't been any word about the Marathon sequel/remake/whatever it was supposed to be yet. Maybe they decided not to do it, maybe everyone's been busy with D2, or maybe it's so early in development they don't have anything to show.

I'll keep hoping anyway.

I played sundered.
Can't say it's good, but it really compelled me to finish it. You know that a metroidvania with random generated maps won't be great, and the horde system is just lazy.. but the combat is pretty nice, and I like hand drawn graphics (at least it's not pixel 'art' right)

Downloaded the trial, played a mission and 2 rounds of Co-op. Pretty gud, finally a fun video game. I'll be buying it this week.

Some user shared random keys in a thread here a few days ago. I got the Holmes one.
It feels like a PS2 games with better graphics. The NPCs are retarded, the city feels dead and empty, the animations are mediocre and the game is just depressing to play.

Fun as hell, surprisingly I can find games on PC even at like 5am.

went back to gnomoria briefly, surprised by what fun i could squeeze out of it despite the itching feeling there's a bunch of shit missing
there's just something that bothers me about df and df clones, and rimworld and gnomoria are the only ones i think came close so far to being playable 'df clones'

seems like there's some fans who want to 'rewrite' the game and finish what the dev started.

Been playing Shining Force via my new Everdrive. It's an interesting game. Music and graphics are clearly early Genesis, barely a cut above NES during most of the game, but during battle scenes they whip out these massive sprites. Looks pretty good. Character art is very mid-eighties OVA, where you can tell a lot about a character solely by their portrait. Music is pretty simplistic, which is sad considering the stuff the Famicom was doing at the time, and the story's pretty boilerplate.

Gameplay though, is very comfy. RNG can fuck your shit in really hard in this game, but the fact that if you fail you simply res at the last town, all characters retaining their XP and money despite your loss, allowing you to attempt again but with stronger characters. I hope this continues into the rest of the series, because this is legitimately the best way to handle difficulty in an SRPG, by allowing the player to repeatedly throw themselves at it until they win either by better strategy or by brute force.

One improvement I'd make is allowing characters to delay their turn until the next initiative phase (Since there is no strict turns, but a queue based on character speed), since it leads to casters forfeiting turns as they have to wait for the tanks to move the line forward.

Trails in the Sky FC, I like the music, I like the writing, I like Estelle for being a tough chick written in a likable way for fucking once, I kind of like some of the more involved boss fights and I like exploring the places and finding secret quests and shit.

Crysis 1, again I like it but I kind of feel the suit energy runs out pretty quickly, I can't go as fast as I want because maximum speed depletes the bar in no more than 3 seconds.

The End is Nigh, this game can go fuck itself just like every other of its genre. When are we ever going to get decent actual 2D platformers, with combat and bosses and thought put into level design instead of this retarded SO HARDCORE SPEEDRUNNERS PLEASE SUCK MY DICK faggotry?

Looking for a fun metroidvania that isn't Hollow Game, anyone got a recommendation?

Great as always, though my toaster is fucking killing me - often literally. I prefer playing as either Monolith for good clean genocidal fun or Duty for the convenient location. I love CNPP and Pripyat but jesus christ it takes forever to get to anywhere if you avoid the omnidirectional rape factories known as "army warehouses" and "Rostok".

BOTW.
A high end casual game. A lot of fun all the way through but the final boss and ending is total shit.

Been having a blast playing this. Have been for years now. Always enjoyable to have a free for all with units from all the different ages. Seem to be getting a lot of desert maps these last few matches, though.

Nothing special, just doom 2 and counter strike 1.6

Sucks you in but never can be fuck to finish either of them

I've been binging on RTS these last few days.
Got the Forgotten Kingdoms unofficial expansion (released for the steam edition as The Forgotten). I'd never played it before so I'm enjoying the new civs and balance tweaks as well as the thoroughly improved AI. It's refreshing to have an AI that can fuck you up if you're complacent.
Byzantines best civ

Trying to beat the cheating AI, no luck yet. It's way more challenging than the regular AI since it's only constrained by build time, not resources. Also beat the Forged Alliance campaign on normal. It's pretty good, now I want to beat it on hard.
UEF best faction

Fuck the british

Started playing Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. It's fun. Combat is rather easy on normal mode though so maybe I'll change it to hard mode. I like some of the aesthetics. Only complain so far is the interiors of some buildings are too similar and it won't run at 4K without fucking up the menus. I can't decide on if I should use daggers or long swords. The quickness of dagger attacks is satisfying but the heavy hitting of the long sword is satisfying too. I could go either way but I already feel like I've wasted points trying to level both.

I've been jumping around a few games recently, so it's a little messy at the moment.

I am a Kiseki series fanboy and this is the last game in the series I haven't played yet. I played through Zero no Kiseki in Japanese. It's still a little early to write impressions, but it's certainly Kiseki/Trails.
It's a great port, still not my favorite Trails game but a good game in its own right. I streamed the PC version to shill the series a bit since as previously mentioned I am a fanboy.
I did that Humble Bundle Monthly thing once and got this. I figured it would be worth playing for the visuals, I was right. Not something I'd recommend but it was pretty and short. Good to get a game off the backlog, eh?
Salmon Run is fun, and the single-player seems expanded enough. I'm enjoying it, though I've kinda set it aside after the first weekend it grabbed 40 hours from me. I decided I really wanted to tackle the backlog a bit.
I got it during the Amazon price glitch a few weeks back, almost done with the first game. I never played Crash before and I'm enjoying it.
My friends got into this, so we play this fairly often nowadays. PC version has major issues, so I've just been using keyboard+mouse while playing on PS4. Besides being a MOBA, I guess I can say I'm impressed with how thorough the cross-play is. The brief time that I tried the PC version my data was automatically loaded up from the PS4 version, and I was able to party up with my friends on PS4. When the game crashed halfway through the match I quickly switched to PS4 since it was already on for party chat and I was able to re-join the match on PS4. Neat.

Splatoon 2. Doesn't feel like much of a sequel more like a remix. The original is superior in every single way, maps, Squid sisters, music everything.

I've been playing the legend of zelda: breath of the wild. Its an alright open world style game but a really bad zelda game. Voice acting in english sounds bad except for urbosa and Duruk. I'm glad I hacked the wii u to play this.

gitgud cazyule

You can download a fast-travel addon.
There are plenty. There is one that is more "realistic" and allows you to pay money in order to travel around. However that one seems to not be compatible with extra quest addons or something like that, so there is also another addon that basically allows you to open the PDA and choose where you want to go. It has fast travel locations on every single map and sometimes even in multiple locations within a single level.

1.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/immersive-fast-travel-1422
2.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/fast-travel-fixed-1422
The second one allows you to go everywhere for free.

I am too spoiled to deal with its tap w repeatedly and move 5cm/s stealth system, it's disappointing that the crouch is there for virtually nothing and there is no lean. Then again, I went in wanting Austin Powers does Deus Ex, it's more Austin Powers does Golden Eye.I'm seriously considering how bad the auto aim would be on ps2 just so I could slow walk with a thumb stick. Anyone played 2, is it any better in this regard?

Finally a way to stealth disable grouped enemies as Corvo with the addition of jumping lightning on the telsa mines, although the enemies can still see each other's bodies and up your chaos count. The bonecharm to knock out guys after possession allows you to clean a room provided you've got the mana. Game needs finer difficulty settings because I don't want instaseen from the other side of the map, but it keeps pissing items at me and some resource management would make the game vastly more enjoyable (and would make some of the bone charms worth a damn). Poz rating is mild as apart from Emily's lover's sex being left ambiguous (was this marketing department artificial controversy? I didn't notice it in game) the only annoying thing is female guards in a Victoria era setting. Can't say if they hid the poz if you chose Corvo. Not as good as the DLC for Dishonored but solid, especially if you're addicted to vent crawling simulators. I hold no hope for the expansion as you're playing as original character donut steel Minority McMinorityface who has an artificial arm apparently made from parts of the void and has powers, but not from the Outsider. Going to the kill the white man Outsider as Tokeniqua will destroy any lore or world building that the game had.

Clear Sky
Why are there so many loading screens? Why is the game split up into 7 areas?
Why are bandits pinpoint accurate with grenades in Twilight? Why are all enemies marked on my PDA, even mutants, all the time?
WHY DOES IT KEEP FUCKING CRASHING ALL THE TIME.

Eh, it's Titanfall2. You go fast, you kill fast, you get your big robit, then you go slow for a bit and meme on dumb niggers who don't realize that you can just turn around and sprint away from Scorch 9 cases out of 10. And Frontier Defense is a lot of fun, unless you get the same map six times in a row.

I'll just repost a greentext of mine for this one

It's average, I guess. The map is mediocre, really, but the combat has some nice animations, and you can pistol whip bald football hooligans and 8/10 redheads. I wouldn't recommend the 68 gig install.

This game is a great idea, and it has great gameplay, but jesus fucking christ, the technical aspects actually take it to irredeemable shit tier. I get 60-90 ping, on EU and US servers, and I always get put in games with Iranians, and fucking KSA sandniggers, who have 250 ping, and slide around corners. I've had the game finish matchmaking and not put me in the actual game three times this week, I've been shot after I crouched or moved behind cover more times than I can count, and Ash still barely has a hitbox.

It's Mirror's edge, with shittier level design, characters, an upgrade system with barely any upgrades. The only good thing about that game is unironically, combat, but it does that thing where if you up the FOV, it's impossible to actually judge the distance to an enemy and swings at air actually hit you.

Still think I made a mistake by buying it with my friends, but we have a bit of fun now that we coordinate to kill Jason every single match. 90% success rate as long as some random faggot doesn't fuck up the requirements because he doesn't speak English. If not that, then it's pretty enjoyable to fuck with streamers by killing them as soon as the match starts, even if I am another survivor.
Finally got some new mods. Perfection is all I can say.
If you don't think about the games that came before it and think of it only as an action game, it's a decent thing to play with a friend. Jake is probably the best character because of his unarmed combat.

The theming and atmosphere is the greatest strenght in it. Combat is weak but serviceable. Quests have actual variety, ranging from your usual "Kill x Butt Ugly Cunts" and "Collect X bear asses" to Investigation quests that require you to find out shit Or you could, you know, go to the wiki if you're that much of a scrub. Classes are unique but can be customized and mixed with other class weapons and skills as you go, so variety is encouraged.Dual pistols best weapon though
As it's gone f2p there's the usual shit of gold bars or Aurum in order to buy some shit, monthly patron subscription for a small boost and whatnot, but that's unavoidable from f2p.
All in all, a good enough game to keep you enterntained.

Started Fate Grand Order. Pretty fucking shit, but I'll put up with it for the lore and the characters for now.

Have a pretty nice team, at least.

I started playing Saint's Row 3. I wish my character didn't look like a hideous slug faced monster. She looked good in the character creator, I swear.

been playing memelands 2, it's fucking boring but i just keep doing it

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING SO BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL? WHY ARE NORMAL MONSTERS MORE DIFFICULT THAN BOSSES?
My friends… they tell me I should just finish it before I start DaS3. I think I need new friends.

Playing NWN 1 the module "Swordflight" it's pretty good actually.

There are three chapters the most recent being finished last year.

Playing REmake on the ps4 as jill and its a tough game but worth it.
I also played killer 7 and got bored of it.

Just finished Dark Souls 3
It was alright, didn't have the lasting impact that the first one did and some of the lore and level design was all over the place, but still very enjoyable and some movesets and enemies are just brilliant and beat the first by far.

Also replaying World in Conflict, love the fucking game.
Its an RTS with inspiration by Red Dawn where the commies invade Europe and the US in 1989.
Its anti commie and anti war and pretty subtle about it, its also pretty innovative and really fucking good personal 2007 GOTY along with Stalkan.

About to play SoniComi, no idea what I'm getting into besides cute grill and tits, but hey I came only for those two so I cant possibly get dissapointed.

Also Call of Chernobyl everyday

What the fuck.

San Andreas
MOVE YOUR BODY

Character models look god awful and don't fit the environment at all. I don't even think it's because of its age, they're just terrible. Gameplay's ok, haven't gotten that far to judge it, but I got a hunch that it's gonna play like Rogue Galaxy, Judging by the screenshots I've seen of it while searching for the cover.

Because fuck tone, I guess.
You could just move on and play other games that interest you instead of DaS2 and 3, there are certainly a lot of other ones more worth your time. Did you skip Demon's Souls?

DaS3 is a good game, you fucker.

I hadn't played this since I was a kid. It's still a lot of fun, but there were a lot of flaws I didn't notice as a kid. First is that melee sucks. I'm not saying it isn't viable, but it doesn't work well. Heavy attacks are pretty much useless outside bosses and minibosses. In late game, ranged attacks become practically useless on characters with slower attack rates, as enemies spawn too quickly to push them back. I didn't like the crystal system for unlocking new worlds, either. If you collected every crystal once, there are just enough to unlock their respective world, meaning, if you don't find nearly every secret in each level, you're going to be replaying levels just to collect a few more crystals to unlock new levels. Later boss fights are just annoying, as they attack so fast you get almost no time to attack back without getting hurt. They end up becoming wars of attrition.

It still does a lot of good things. The worlds are varied and interesting. There's a lot of secrets to hunt down. Character models actually change every 10 levels, making them look tougher. The base classes have an entire different design for each of the four select-able colors. The tits are nice. I just wish we got a true successor to this game.

It's been seventeen months since it came out, I would have thought we'd made it to all the way to the acceptance phase by now.

Acceptance that DaS3 is a good game?

Face it, it plays better than its brothers.

Oh, it's you.

I torrented Dying Light The Following, been playing that the past week.
I had played the base game once before. Pretty good with friends, though my main gripe is how disgustingly consolized everything is. The movement system leaves you open to many accidental deaths in how its implemented if you're not careful, and the inventory management UI is fucking retarded especially for something that doesn't pause the game. I don't mind the realtime inventory management, but for fuck's sake if you're going to do that, make your inventory able to execute the orders of your players in just a few clicks, rather than scroll through a mess of shit and require them to double click several times.

The Following has its own issues. They took a system developed for urban environment and put it in the countryside, which breaks a few things because it wasn't fucking balanced for that. The biggest thing are the volatiles: very strong, very fast enemies that only come out at night, who can spot you and when they do, call other volatiles to attack you. In the base game, you have options to lose them if you know what you're doing: you have traps, you can juke them by using alleyways and buildings, you can use UV-light items to stun them so you can lose them while you break line of sight, etc.

Out in the fields none of that shit applies. There are no traps. There are no buildings. Once they spot you, you're spamming UV flares all the way to a safe zone, or you're dead. The spawns are bullshit: they'll magically appear within 20m of you. You'll look around and see there are zero volatiles, and then immediately after you hop out of the safe zone and take a few steps, bam, there are five of them wandering around. Running away from one sends you into the vision range of another. Using Night Vision booster makes this obvious, you touch the ground and poof, a volatile spawns within throwing distance right in front of me. It's fucking retarded.

Nigger, I never it wasn't good, its top tier, it isn't hard though.

Hearts Of Casualized WWII Simulator 4, it's a pretty dumb game with every battle being determined by who has the bigger green bar, supplies that aren't a step above "just spam ports and trains lol", and Italy being a tremendous piece of shit who does absolutely nothing yet grabs pieces of territory in every fucking peace conference fuck you benito you pasta fucker.

Yet I can't stop playing it, it's a guilty pleasure I find fun in the "it's so stupid it's fun" kind of way, especially when you see the AI pull off some stupid ass event that doesn't make any sense.

We can only hope.

Well my first resident evil game was 4 and it was piss easy compared to this.The resource management system is good and also im playing on the mountain difficulty.

Played JOTUN after getting it on Steam a while ago.

Visuals and music are nice, but the gameplay is lackluster - 9 levels, all of which are limited to one or two different gameplay mechanics. Other than that (and the bossfights), it's a glorified walking simulator.

Tomb Raider featuring Lara Croft

I like how you are completely alone and left to your own devices. Don't use medpacks unless it is absolutely necessary and then only the small ones. Only use pistols to conserve ammunition for your other firearms.
This PvE approach reminds of Metroid games.

Children of Zodiarcs: it has some cool new ideas and concepts, but the game doesn't look very good at mixing up challenges and I can't manage to give a shit about the story.

Cryptark: Cool as fuck, I get my ass beat every time I try to rush thingsa bit, but enjoying it a lot. You're in a mecha and have to travel through a ship fighting whatever's in the way then you destroy the shield generator and the core and level complete. It looks very customizable.

Mages of Mystralia: A 3D Zelda kind of game with a mage, cute but nothing too special.

Sundered has good moments but at the difficulty I'm playing I feel the game wants me to die a lot and farm for upgrades, which sucks.

This shouldn't be such a feat, but it is.

Upon further play, I found a guy that resets all your points and experimented with points a little. I found the Wayfarer class that makes the level requirements of gear go down which is obtained by having points in all three categories (Sorcery, Might and Finesse). So throwing points into various things actually CAN be beneficial. Before I thought spreading points across different categories was a waste.

Still liking the aesthetics, but also some enemy variety is neat.

I did something fun recently. I went into a town's prison. The guards inside didn't seem to care that I lockpicked my way into the prison, and there was a lever that opened the prison cells. The guards would attack me if I opened the prison cells in their sight, but if I waited until they were out of sight I could not only loot goods from the confiscated items chest, but the escaped prisoners would get killed by guards and I could loot them too along with some things that were in the cells as well. Shit was great. I love having freedom to do things like that in vidya.

I'm not sure if my level is making better gear appear or if it's dependent on the area. I advanced to the desert and found better stuff. I tried blacksmithing once and only got a moderately superior item so maybe I should use the smithing potion and/or level the skill more. I thankfully managed to get a home in Webwood after fucking up the Widow bitch controlling the spiders to attack the village. Then I upgraded the home completely, went there and found a stash I could unload things into alleviating the inventory cap. I still don't fully understand all the mechanics, but it's been pretty fun so far. The hidden objects perk seems most beneficial as you get more shekels, find hidden items and now I can even find hidden rooms. I'm tempted to revisit places to see if such hidden rooms exist in them, but it may be a relatively rare occurrence.

I couldn't get ReShade to work with this, but I did get SweetFX to work. I modified a preset since most presets I've found get rid of the nice colors that are in the game which I didn't want to do. I wish ReShade wouldn't crash the game so I could use MXAO. I have AO enabled in nvidia inspector with a specific AO flag for the game, but I cannot tell if it's actually doing anything. If it is, it's so subtle it's not worth having. With ReShade's MXAO I can tweak it to get the Ambient Occlusion that I want, but it may be applied over menus. Maybe ENB would work if I could find it for this game. I only want some AO that makes a noticeable difference. Older games really benefit from some AO, although this game isn't that old.

Dominions 4.

God help us all.

I just got a PS4 and Toobie's game. I didn't realize her game was going to be Metal Gear Solid. Its got the menu that looks like MGS 3 and then you fight Metal Gears like most of the games. Once you beat it, the game ends. Its really strange.

now im just stuck running around a floating donut in space or something

I've been playing through Kingdom Hearts and am a bit surprised at how much I enjoy it. The first game is a pretty neat fairy tale like ordeal if not a bit on the bland side amd Chain of Memories has a surprisingly fun combat system and that Riku campaign is fucking fantastic.

But holy fuck KH2 this game is fucking wild. Why is Sora's general goofiness so god damn appealing? Like I thought he'd turn into some brooding anime teenager but he is cracking wise and has pretty great chemistry with all of the Disney characters so far. Seriously that bit where he get's slugged in the face and starts a god damn fist fight in Land of Dragons was 10/10 comedy gold. The combat is pretty great too although I fucking HATE how I don't have a propet dodge roll maybe I just need to get used to guarding attacks but damn I just want to dance between attacks like I could in KH 1, still the fact that the game hands you a launcher early on is pretty indicative of how the combat in this game is handled experimenting with weaving combos into magic to juggle dudes is just great, and I can only assume that you get even more options as the game progresses. Even the action commands while sort of gimmicky lay on a layer of over the top absurdity that I can't help but enjoy. Does this game ever give you a proper dodge manuever Holla Forums?

I've found ENB v0.075b works and I can use SSAO which isn't the greatest but at least it's making a noticeable impact. I can also apply blur to shadows beginning at a specified distance from the camera.

There have been two instances of a game bug when I get the cursor on screen and all inputs stop working. Once when I was lockpicking and just now when I tried using a bed. Tried plugging in a controller and it's input did not work either after the bug was triggered. No inputs so I can't do anything, just have to kill the process and reload.

I also had a bug where I loaded a save while in that "fate" mode (when things go blue and the sound is muffled), the sound remained muffled after loading even though I was not in that "fate" mode so I had to go into fate mode, wait for it to end, then load the save.

"I should do a full-stealth non-lethal baton run of Deus Ex."

It's kind of a shame almost every single game after 2007 or so just isn't worth playing.

I was playing Spec Ops: The Line on FUBAR and fucking Adams keeps running out into the open and dying.
I like the game and am disappointed there aren't more like it.

Dark Souls 3 (my first souls game, yes I'm a faggot that plays things out of order)
Just Cause 3
GTAV

Overwatch
Installed and had a 3 win streak in a game mode which switches class on death without even checking what button does what or catching the names of the classes I got.
I pretty much carried two of them
I will either get cancer or have fun.

Interesting TRPG. You have to find a bunch of elemental witches because the 5th (and oldest) witch is going around turning everyone to crystal and her subordinates are all murderous nutbars. It's very similar to Luminous Arc, by the same devs. You can guess a lot of the story cues just by looking at similarities in design, if you've played any LA game. Spoilered stuff is all actual plot details.
**main character secretly has some weird power that ties his destiny to one of the witches
witches are seen as evil by the masses, but aren't
witches get their powers from elemental stones
the blonde, spear-wielding noble knight who leads your group knows more than he's telling you and is working against you
MC's childhood friend is actually the long-missing last witch
"evil" witch with a large scythe turns out to be abrasive, but not your enemy**

will be levelled up properly
Anyway, here's my favourite song from the game. It plays for a few turns whenever you have Mordimort cast her first "ultimate" song.

Not really. Alto and the 5 witches are capable of handling literally everything. Which is good, because any team that doesn't comprise of Alto and the 5 witches probably isn't going to get much shit done anyway. And yes, that includes Sakuya. Her Terminal Strike is an insanely useful ability. Though I'll agree that before she gets that her usefulness is negligible.

I recently decided to replay the Mass Effect trilogy since Mass Effect turned ten years old. Mass Effect 3 is actually at least playable with the right mods.

Now I don't know what to play. I'm downloading Gothic as we speak. I didn't finish it last time because my game glitched and Gorn disappeared. Then I might go back to Risen 2, which I dropped after I couldn't decide whether to ally with the natives or the Inquisition.

I've been playing some Mount and Blade: Warband and Settlers 2 as a holdover.

I'm sorry I keep doing the spoilers wrong and every time I try again I change it a ltitle and now it won't let me delete the old ones.

I'd say Rusty and Nonoka are probably the best characters in the game except maybe Alto and Lisette. Popo's pretty good too but Rusty/Nonoka are pretty good at killing stuff, and they have the mobility/speed to use that. Rusty's health is high enough he can usually come out okay, and Nonoka can use Shinobi Slash to hide if it gets ugly. I just wish some of these other characters were better. I like Keith but he's so goddamned slow that it's unbearable. Archibald's a nice tank but you need to max his affinity or he'll never make it to the fight to start with.

Using a spoiler free walkthrough to maximize stat gains, don't really give a shit if its dirty, I wanna see as much of the game as I can.

3rd region, using my waifu skin

Triple bloodpoints week, just farming my ass off, game is still a broken unbalanced mess but fuck it, might as well get my trapper and meg to a state I'm happy with and save points for Myers.

Replayed it after 5 years and it's still just as groovy. Totally forgot about the ridiculous fucking end theme though.

I enjoy the boss fights and cute character interactions, but the main levels are tedious.

Crash The Huge Adventure for GBA.

Pretty fun game, but if you aren't going for 100% the game is easy as fuck. Also the levels are too fucking repetitive.

At least the sequel seems much better.

Dota 2, thought mostly just spectating The Internation at the moment

Final Fantasy 3

Civilization 5

I just played Bushido Blade for the first time

These are all games I already played many times, but it seems like I'm stuck in the past. If you can recommend any games similar to what I list here that'd be great.

Quake 1/2
Half-Life
Duke3D / Shadow Warrior / Blood
Doom 1/2
Soldier Of Fortune
Unreal
Max Payne 1/2
THPS (any)
GTA 3/VC/SA
Abuse
Turrican 1/2
Ruff 'n' Tumble
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Postal 2
Serious Sam (any)
Left 4 Dead 1/2

Its actually fun to play if you have friends. Just the bullshit PU does pisses me off, gave the game a negative feedback on steam, still love playing it tough.

Really love this game, this is something i hope they dont fuck up. As long as they dont try to make the game casualfriendly it is gonna be the game for me.

Really fun, sadly none of my friends play it and i cant play multiplayer alone for long periods of time, i get bored.

Played troughboth titles for the first time in my life and loved it. I remember that i always wanted to play them as a kid but didnt have the money. So i got fallout 1&2 back in the day instead, wich was propably stillt he better idea since fallout is simpler than BG. I dont know if i would have understood BG that easily as kid.

Pretty much well known shooters.

The only things I can think of off the top of my head to rec to you would be
An obscure modern FPS in which you use time travel frequently as part of your romp through a secret russian island facility. Has on okay story, gameplay is alright. You may get heavy Half Life vibes from it, and I say that as someone who hates HL but likes that game.
You might hate it, I don't know, but it's worth a look. They do a number of interesting things with the game if you can ignore the obvious AAA shit here and there that stands out. the biggest mark against the game is the fucking 'jew magic' bullshit which is simultaneousy enraging, hilarious, and idiotic
It's much better than you'd expect it to be, and the story even doubly so. I went in expecting an average FPS with some "lol who cares" storyline but fucking somehow they surpassed expectations on both counts. Shadow Warrior is something I'd recommend you try first. Do NOT play the second one, don't even look at it.

Finally, if you want some competitive FPS, natural selection 2 or Titanfall 2 would be your best options. TF2 is excellent once you understand the movement system, natural selection 2 is extremely unforgiving to new players until you figure out what you're doing, there's a steep learning curve.

I played these games, forgot to mention them. nuWolf ain't bad gameplay wise. I' mnot even gonna comment on the story.

Gun Volt 2, it was halfway decent. 2 playable characters, some stages and bosses different for each character, and each having a pretty different play style.

Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild, loving the hell out of this game
Splatoon 2 - I enjoy playing with the inkbrush, gets the blood pumping with twitch gameplay
Blaster Master Zero - loved this game as a kid, best version of Blaster Master with more power ups, extra levels, characters, items etc

>pirated it but will probably buy it before i get to that ending, maybe just to support it

You should

How come it's only shitty stoners that ever play this game anymore? Shit's fun as fuck if you're not playing with "dude weed lmao"

Air Combat. I found the controls weird.

>Disgaea 3
I like da grindan game and all the classes.
Why is Etna the only girl in that series with a good supply of half-decent lewds?

Just started Trails of Cold Steel 1 and I already want to fuck Instructor Sara.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth and Garry's Mod

I play Rebirth instead of Afterbirth because I fucking HATE Afterbirth since it adds a bunch of antifun bullshit like rooms where you're guaranteed to take damage, a lot of new items that are straight downgrades, those FUCKING TOO HIGH HP PORTAL ENEMIES THAT SPAWN HIGH HP SHIT LIKE RABBITS FUCK AND GIVE BIRTH, fucking Rag Man, Little and Big Horn, etc.

Also, the new endings added in Afterbirth and Afterbirth + fucking obliterated any hope for a happy ending, or any fucking ambiguity to make the player come up with their own conclusions on what happens to Isaac after beating the game, which fucked over a previous headcanon I had about TBoI. The new endings you get after fighting the TOTALLY original totally not Blundertale true lab memoryheads ripoff Delirium make fucking sure you KNOW there is no way that ANYTHING other than "it wuz all deth hallucinations lol none of it reeelly happened" happened during the game which really pissed me off.

In Garry's Mod however, I was just fucking around in singleplayer, spawning and killing a bunch of NPCs out of boredom while listening to creepypastas, a series of Youtube videos called The 4chan Scrolls It's a guy reading aloud funny greentexts from 4cuck E.G. catfishman, the Tard Wars, Fats and His Retard Three, etc. Pretty comfy actually.

Because of the new class I decided to play PSO2. Again.
I hate this fucking game and I hate myself.

> I can't decide on if I should use daggers or long swords
Correction, I meant Greatswords aka "Massive sword that makes you feel like Guts".

On that note, there's weird scaling going on with the weapons. When in the menu the Greatsword looks huge, when it's on your back it shrinks down significantly, then when you swing it's big again but maybe not as big as in the menu.

I managed to get some spiky red edgelord armor with gud stats, but I had to enable a certain class to lower gear level requirements and equip a ring (which I stole from somewhere) that also lowers level requirements on gear. Luckily after equipping all that higher level armor I can remove the ring and change classes while all the armor stays on my character even though the level requirements shoot back up. Nifty.

Been playing a healthy mix of Majesty Gold HD with Majestic Majesty mod, Jedi Outcast and Darkest Dungeon. All very different games, but all very fun. The Crimson Court DLC is great even though it's tough as nails, I've yet to reach the Baron.

I reinstalled Fallout New Vegas.
Recommend me mods.

Have you tried Antibirth?

v

Finally caved in and completed Undertale after getting it years ago.

It's quite a lovely little game. Fun and memorable characters, a distinct artstyle, unique battle system, and the whole gimmick of everything you do TO the game being canon in the game's universe is interesting. I doubt they did much that had been unique in the world of videogames, but bringing all those little things together made a nice package.

I started playing Fallout 4 and after ~70 hours i realized that I wanted to play an
actual post apocalypse rpg, so I started up Fallout for the first time and I'm having
a blast. Currently I'm trying to kill a deathclaw so I can blame it for some caravans
that have disappeared and get some money. Then I am off to this necropolis place
to find a fucking water chip. I also sent a caravan to vault 13 so I have some more
time. Harold the mutant is a fucking bro!

Prepare to get lambasted. Not by me, I enjoyed the game too, but by the contrarians who love to populate this board.

Out of all the times I've played SMB3, I don't think I've ever stopped to notice all the world music is a ~4 second loop

Rise of the Triad
Redneck Rampage
Painkiller
Hexen/Heretic
Doom 64(EX)

Hrm… Played some ArmA 3… It crashed several times, but it was fun to some extent.
Wargame Red Dragon, absolutely decimating my opponents with my VDV deck.
Cities Skylines… somehow it feels more like work then playing a game, since I want everything as detailed as possible. Every single junction gets signs, a custom traffic light setup and custom markings.
I wanted to play Factorio but then I told myself, that I still want to do stuff.
Brigador is a pretty nice game.
Finished Ori and the Blind Forest and must say… Why am I able to simply skip one area completely?
Oh and forgot that it is summer time and played some ETS2MP. Getting rammed is fun.

In case someone asks, I have the time because I won't have the time.

I don't like it but I'm ok with other people having different opinions on the matter. Not even a smartass comment in spoilers.

Why the fuck is Salmon Run time locked? I want to kill the doomsday salmon, God damn it. Otherwise I'm having a lot of fun

I haven't played it in a while because I beat the campaign a few times and I never played the multi much because while I'm not terrible I'm thoroughly mediocre so I never had much fun with it. Horde mode's a lot of fun, though.

First JRPG I've played since Tales of Symphonia. I really like the characters and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Soundtrack's pretty solid, too

Im downloading the latest version, (hopefully fixed) of arkham knight. what am I in for ?

The game really makes you FEEL like batman
-t. game reviewer

It's not as good as City. The bat tank doesn't really add much to the game and the parts where you have to do time trials in it are a bitch because of the way it handles. There's a plot twist but it's predictable as shit to anyone whose knowledge of Batman goes beyond the Christopher Nolan movies Arkham Knight is Jason Todd

I have no idea who that is.

is it better or worse than origins?