Best vidya music thread?

Best vidya music thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4WnHlsbvM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4WnHlsbvM

Oh yeah. That's nice. Oh yeah.

Enchanted Wood > Stickerbrush Symphony

Here's a DKC track that no one talks about.

Man, I listened to that and had a flashback to being 10 years old again. My mother had picked this up while I was at school, and I played it on my N64 all afternoon. Something about the melody in the music really makes me depressed; it gives me a feeling of peace, and depression, because these kinds of innocent games are dead forever. No 10 year old kid in 2017 would play Glover, because it's not on a phone and streamers wouldn't pick it up.

What a fucking weird feeling, to know that a game I loved in 1998 would never be created/enjoyed just 19 years later. On this same tangent, Spyro 1 had some of the best music around during that era.

Well if it offers you any solace, I once saw a young kid at work playing the original Crazy Taxi and Sonic 2 on his iPad. A few months before I saw a kid at Wal-mart emulating Super Mario Bros. 1, couldn't have been older than 10.

This sounds more like something you'd hear for some weird nature documentary than at a bazaar.

10/10 taste

was just listening to this earlier

This shit's been stuck in my head for ages

fucking pleb

THE TIME HAS COME

Beat this last night. It's quite possibly the greatest platformer of all time.

I used to say this all the time, until tropical freeze came out. You should try that some time and make sure to give it some slack for the first two worlds - its meant to also be a childrens game and these worlds are especially accessible, but once you get to the third world you'll start to see how brilliantly designed it is.

that being said, frog mountain may be a perfect level

do any of you friends make youtube playlists out of the music posted in these threads?

no, I download them

Hello, fellow Wild Arms fan. No, not really. I don't even have an account anymore. Mostly just download music myself, or use the view history to find things I've listened to and liked (which is at least useful for listening to music extensions while working on things that I can't be bothered with downloading at those larger sizes).

Endgame music.

I suppose I ought to also post the actual game track, but I had wanted an excuse to post one of the game's tenth anniversary album arrangements. It's a shame that the official OST has such short versions of all the songs from the game, this one only being about a minute on there.

Stronghold

but good choice, nonetheless

I swear.

I love that track. I was gonna go with it but decided to go with a more well-known track instead, happens all the time and I always regret it afterwards.

just post 'em nigga
no regrets

Operator plays a little ping pong often goes unnoticed but it's a pretty fun track all in all.

I always visualise the intro when I hear the first one

I just started playing the english patched version and holy shit, this game needs an HD re-release with all the story in it and HD waifus

LOL

>tfw no matter what ending you get Fiona gets screwed over in some way or another.

I almost posted that one. fun stuff

I like the minimalist soundtrack in the game, I just wish there had been more moments when it had picked up a bit.

And here's the overworld theme to Faxanadu.

The soundtrack of this game and it's sequel are awesome.

Ys games have excellent soundtracks.
I was playing Chronicles on my Vita, and I was blown away by this theme.

Fuck, i still find myself tapping my fingers at the desk to this and i dont think i've played Faxanadu since i was a kid and im an old boy now.

the whole ost is shit side from 3 songs. I can't even think of a single zelda game that managed to this that poorly

maybe that money went into voice acting and game physics.

even Skyward sword had better music

Someone just turned me on to this. Splatterhouse has an OST it has no fucking right having. God damn this is some serious
RIP AND TEAR
shit.

Why does country make such amazing video game music?

I rather have no fucking soundtrack than stupid fucking pan flutes for the fifteenth fucking time.

It's not country, but close enough. Personally, I love folk.

This is probably the best song in this thread tbh

TIIIIIIIIIME HAS COME TO AN END
AAAAAAND THIS IS WHAT NATURE PLANNED

Armstrong's theme is better tbh

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE
THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

このままじゃだめ

You two are my niggas.

The Sims called, they want their soundtrack back

Yeah, I know, MMO shit and all that, but this game and its OST was the epitome of comfy.

Used to hear this a lot when the Gondamon raid music was bugged.

You know the original bump-combat Ys did have a lot of character to it. I don't particularly MISS it, but I do prefer it over what it's become with the new combat system.
Falghana, Napishtim, Origin were the golden age in my opinion.

MMO music you say?
rip this game and fuck the monkeys working on it

I miss when MMO soundtracks were trying to be more than "epic" constantly.

yep

DAAAYTOOONAAAAAAA

Replaced one of the soundtracks in Morrowind in this cause it relaxes me so.

I remember loving the music in that game, which sucks because the game itself is shit.

How could they killed the soundtrack like that? It hurts too much.
I just hope that they don't make the same mistake for 2018

I still remember seeing a post in a thread a while back that the "music" in just reminded the poster of some video some furfags made interviewing a developer, using kazoos and shit to function as their "voicing" when asking questions.