RTS thread

Just a reminder that if you haven't played World in Conflict yet, go do it now.
Its a fucking underrated masterpiece and the campaign is redpilled.

I think we might also be able to organize a Weekend play session for it and other RTS games with similar fates since the game is pretty much abandonware and the servers are hosted by fans.

Just a reminder that Ubisoft killed Massive, the devs, after Sierra, their publisher went down and their latest game was the Division.
Also, if you liked Ground Control, guess what, same devs.

Thanks Ubikike

Now go play this fucking game, its pretty amazing.

Other urls found in this thread:

massgate.org/downloads.php
moddb.com/mods/starwars-frontlinesthe-galactic-civil-war
upatch-hd.weebly.com/
moddb.com/mods/upatch-hd
moddb.com/games/red-march/news/hard-times-and-hard-decisions
massgate.org/
sites.google.com/site/starcraftcampaigns/maps
companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog
forshire.blogspot.com/2013/03/download-battle-for-middle-earth-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a bitch to get working and I can't even remember how I got it to work, but it's worth it. Need to do a /radcorp/ night with it.

Fuck Bannon.

You can probably get the online working with this I haven't tried it tho.

fug forgot link massgate.org/downloads.php

He manned up at the end though

The modern warfare/conflict mod for it is the single most beautifully autistic creation that I've ever seen.

Can't fucking find it, but god damn is it tasty and fits right in my Infantry ordenance boner.
Support/Infantry or bust

I would love to play some RTS with anons
I think the best way would be trough gameranger

Every time I think how good this game is I cry.
It was mostly overlooked, it happened right before Sierra died, we will never get something like it and makes me think just how shittu the industry has become.

Stop it user! This game never got a fucking sequel and it pains me so fucking much because at heart, even if the sequel was going to be a pile of shit, it would have at least been a sequel or a follow up or something. Also in more recent years I decided to pick up the multiplayer in this game again and got consistently banned for playing artillery as the support class even though pure AA is fucking boring. I'm pretty sure this might be because American arty was fucking shit and you could see the missiles coming from five fields away and could even follow their original trajectory, so this might have gotten people a bit salty because Russian arty was top fucking notch and was easy to hide in comparison.

Is it wrong to always side with russian in rts games? I am not a communist, or a fan of it, but idk I just love it in games. The russians in RA3 sucked, but in RA2 they were very thicc.

I tend to do this as well, like playing as the GLA in generals or as nod in tiberian sun. I also loved playing as the Russians in games, and from an early age it gave me the wrong impression that communism was cool and awesome and really meant just being a badass Russian with mega tanks and kirovs and shit. If I had known about what I had found many years later, that it was just a faggot excuse to pretend to be an egalitarian by lying to people about their rights and status, and pretty much everything else, I would have eaten my fucking flat hat.

Reminder that this is the best RTS ever made.

If you're a larper, I guess.

Solid fucking games, but much closer to RTT than RTS.
Reminder that FAF works with pirate versions of SupCom so you can play online.

I don't see this game brought up often, which saddens me as I played the hell out of it when I was a young lad. Direct Action had a kickass orchestral soundtrack, and the balance between factions was pretty superb.
The High Treason expansion was such a lazy piece of shit. Suddenly, the bunkers went from tech tier 1 to tech tier two because they could think to add pages to their construction menus.

Don't forget about the ship audio glitches that caused the game to crash to desktop

Assault Squad 2

and then you find the missle launcher that screams allahu akbar in you face
still a great mod though

and on another note:
The Star Wars mod for CoH1 got an update

Myth is a pure RTT since it has no base building and economy.

What's the RTS/RTT with THE BEST enemy AI?
I'm sick of TW's weak ass shit.

Is there a way to play pirated Company of Heroes in LAN? I played the vanilla game a few times back then and had a blast, but the recent releases have some Steam-only bullshit. Any working cracks?

Mod Link user

Men of War games have pretty brutal A.I

Grab the ISO files from the piratebay or someplace, don't grab the complete collection by PROPHET unless you're playing singleplayer. Then grab the updates from a game site somewhere and just simply install.

Direct Action was mentioned and that had some challenge in it.

Here
moddb.com/mods/starwars-frontlinesthe-galactic-civil-war
Sadly no release yet but an infantry demo may come soon™

I found Supreme Commander with Sorian AI to be pretty hard

I used to play it with a couple of friends through hamachi and tunngle on the (now old) 2.602 version without any mayor problems

Direct Action is sort of weird in that in some cases it's a pushover then all of a sudden WHAM it will surprise the shit out of you.

I just hope they'll use Legends instead of Canon
Units

Legend units would actually make the Imperials retardedly OP if they fall into the typical trap done by modders of a popular franchise i.e. making everything a glorified unit viewer than actually making something balanced.

atleast we have unit variety than Canon

Though I really liked Death Troopers Design though its really shit they get killed easily and fast

The japs do make some pretty nice RTS/RTT, namely Kessen series and Little King's Story and Pikmin.

Thats like saying Westerners make pretty good fightans.

Well, west did make Killer Instinct for N64 and that was breddy gud no?

But the japs do try at RTS, it's just that consoles suck shit for RTS development.

Shame COH has no proper melee attacks cause that's automatically missing out the majority of the fun units and a lot of Rebel Commando abilities

Didn´t the Far East or The Great War mod have melee?

Not really. I remember The Great War mod experimenting with it but it was shitty they took it out.

Your ideological subversion is complete comrade.

Communist Russia used an unique aberration of propaganda and Nationalist pride common in the 20th century, asking/ordering for blind faith.

That, and the Soviet Unions sudden and widespread industrialization coupled with its high population which was more often than not canon fodder makes it a very unique and somewhat bizzare historical Nation which doesn't need much creative liberty to be depicted in media.

Its a shit ideology and people lived like shit, but you can't understate how fucking awesome it is in fiction, much like, lets say Warhammer/40K factions.

Communism is nothing more than fiction.

The commies are just shit tier versions of nazis and monarchists.

True, but I'm talking about the Soviet Union here, not Communism.

Not even close
The Soviet Union was a thing before the Natsoc party held any meaningful power in Germany.
So you're wrong

The communists stole their uniform and swagger from the Tzar.

The later Cold Warriors communist emulate the fashion of the nazis.

And the Tzar and Nazi fashion conduct is a derivative of Napoleons.
Whats your fucking point?
Are you this butthurt by commies that you need to shit on anything thats even related to them?

wew

Heres your last reply

Am I the only one to have played this hidden gem?

No
same devs, different name, expanded gameplay

AoW: Direct action was a blast
Horribly optimised, but the urban combat and unit variety and super weapon balance was nice
I really liked the air tower mechanic

I recently went back and played Company of Heroes. It was far less enjoyable than I remember. Wish they hadn't gone full retard with the sequel, glad I ended up avoiding it.

Syrian warfare was top notch
I still have "warfare" on pc but didnt installed it is it worth?

Played it and started Warfare Reloaded but it's kicking my ass pretty hard.

More or less the same shit with worse graphics and slightly less claustrophobic maps (less urban environments), feels strange having the regular US army acting like absolute niggers and stealing every fucking vehicle that isn't destroyed though non US vehicles are pretty essential so you can't really avoid it keep that one BM-27 Uragan alive you'll thank me later for that.
ATGM rape is still here too

please help

Share the lore with us user

Problem with Company of Heroes is that it has a meta which is far too easy to figure out and a lot of the balance patches pushed it more towards blobbing. Some mods fix it but they usually have their own fucked up balance.

My point is that the commies were shit tier versions of monarchists and nazis.

Thanks for the link, user. I pirated WiC when it came out but didn't have a good enough computer to run it well.
I will be monitoring this thread for any multiplayer game announcements.

Share plz. I want to know if your story is better than the contrived fanfic Blizzard put out.

It's still in it's early stages. I have plans for the future, and how it's going to end but I'm mostly focusing on how it's going right now.

It all started with me just making random maps for fun. It's after that that I got into the lore and tried to apply a story to it.

So, a group of terrans and protoss - survivors of the Brood War (this campaign takes place right after it's end) are cut off from their main forces in a remote part of the sector. They band together for now, to defend against their enemies - the Swarm taking the system from one side and another terran group from the other.

First they only have to deal with the Terran group, but soon the Zerg start moving in. Their force consists of 2 protoss tribes and 1 terran organization. When the zerg swarm starts moving in, they decide to abandon the system and get away, but one of the protoss tribes is against the idea and they want to fight the zerg directly. The planet being attacked by the zerg now is under control of the enemy terrans (the Kel-Morian combine) and the protoss tribe want to attack them there.

So in this map, on one side are the zerg, on the other the protoss, both hostile, and in the middle is the terran army. The player is playing as UED remnants. They were left on another planet so they avoided Kerrigan's purge. There was only a few of them so they were conscripted by the Combine. They are fighting alongside the combine, but there is enmity between them. After a big attack, the protoss tribe leader commends the UED commander - says the he is a good warrior and he senses that he doesn't trust his commander so he offers him a chance to desert and leave the planet - in exchange for not defending the combine outpost. They accept - now the player's enemy is also the terrans. You have to take the main hero as well as most of his army back to your main base safely through enemy fire to win the mission.

That is the story so far, I'm currently working on the next map.

In the next part, the UED remnats escape, while the protoss and zerg fight on that planet. They come across another group of UED remnants that are working together with the terrans and protoss who are trying to escape the system to flee from the zerg swarm. The only way out of the system is assaulting a space platfrom that the combine owns, full of weapons and ships.

The OTHER UED remnants (which is a group of wraiths) has found a weakness in the platform through which a small strike force can get in and infiltrate.

So the plan is like this:
-The terran remnat group from this system distracts the platform's defences with a direct assault of battlecruisers and wraiths
-the UED remnants get into the station through the secret passage, infiltrate it and hack the defense turrets
-the turrets destroy the defending combine fleet
-the protoss fleet enter, destroy rest of the defenders
-the main combine force launches a counter attack
-the player controls the protoss and the ued strike team. has to deafeat the combine

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, they have to take that space platform to get to the warpzone so they can jump to the next part of the sector.

Next missions will be:

and in the future of the story

As I already said, the story is in early stages. Sorry if this stuff sounded really retarded and autistic, but I got severely drunk since writing my last post. I could probably explain this better when sober. Also, if you want it I can upload some of the maps I made.

From a mission design standpoint this does sound pretty cool.

Better make the maps good, user.

also some creenshots

I'll do my best friend
maybe even improve them and upload

Sent from my iPhone 5S

It's in its early stages but it still makes more sense than the trash blizzard put out. Keep going, user. Don't die in a car crash or something, I want to see your autism flourish.

Hah, that picture. I honestly didn't care about race in the past. There is this game called Tzar - The Burden of the Crown and I used to play as the arabs a lot back then. But today games with blacks or sand niggers as protagonists turn me off.

Yup. Is good. And you get good old USA military hardware to play with.

Personally, I like to take a lot of infantry. Deltas are amazing, but pricey.

R-real communism has never been tried! It was s-state capitalism!

I'd dick the communism out of that cat.

user, I despise communism as much as the next guy but in an rts, the game mechanics are what matter, not the backstory. I always played China in CnC Generals because they had a lot of cool fire units. I especially liked the napalm artillery. I'd always build and army of those and annihilate my friends.

I gotta learn how to rush earlier.

I doubt I'll ever get the faction story campaigns with VA and in-engine cutscenes I've always craved, but even just a SoaSE that is able to use a less pathetic portion of my ram/processing power and some new game hype on the multiplayer scene will give me a lasting erection.

I like how it runs on a toaster, means my friends can play it LAN. But yeah, a story campaign would be pretty nice.

I don't want it to be any more demanding graphically (it actually runs well for how nice it looks, to a point), I want it to not be single core 32 bit with 4GB ram cap (until quite recently it was 2GB). High supply fleets in late game slow to a fucking crawl and become pretty unplayable.

Well done you dumbass

Your next thread will be "Arena shooters" with cawadoody in OP

Reminder that the Age of Empires Definitive Edition is going to be W10 exclusive

Reminder that the original is still playable and it's not even the best in the series.

Reminder that AoE 1 got userpatch AND you should not give any money to microsoft after how they fucked up AoE 2 HD-wannabe edition.
upatch-hd.weebly.com/
moddb.com/mods/upatch-hd

Gee I wonder why? Sins 2 won't be worth a shit cause they are completely out of touch with their community and will just make even more mistakes. Such a shame cause I actually used to like Stardock.

Remember they also fucked up Age of Mythology up so you can't play Random Skirmish mode unless you buy Chinese DLC. You will literally be kicked out the game if you face off against a Chinese faction.

moddb.com/games/red-march/news/hard-times-and-hard-decisions
LOL

Literally who?

This is exactly what happens when this shit is forced on daily basis and everywhere except some countries. If anything forced 'diversity' which is synonym for the word 'nigger' by US definition made me hateful towards niggers even more than ever.

Good, the hard this shit flop the better.

wow

YO NIGGAS
World in conflict is available for FREE if you didn't know already, obvious option of pirating nonwithstanding since Ubisoft has discontinued it's sale online. This site also seeks to revive the multiplayer aspect of the game.
massgate.org/
Enjoy!

Well shit nigga, guess it's time to play again

Trips of truth. I already have the game on retail, but it's good to know that people who don't already have the game can own it as well. Also I think my install may be fucked but we'll have to find out.

I'm up for playing it if anyone else is interested.

I gotta download all this extra shit first but I'd be well up for this.

I've got Soviet Assault installed and patched but looks like the MP patch is for vanilla only. Going to download this version and hope there is no issues.

It's vanilla only I had the complete edition from gog and had to download the vanilla since the multiplayer patch wouldn't recognize it.

Well guess it's wise to download their version of the game then unofficial gamenight when?

Link was already in fifth post but I guess more attention doesn't hurt.
This game is kickass.

I was worrying about this, especially considering the only version I have is the complete edition. I'll have to download this client then.. Fuck.

Ahh yes, I see that now.

Well downloaded this and it doesn't work, can't update it either cause it doesn't recongize where my game is. Guess this might be a bust?

So you downloaded the 4.0gb download and everything?

Yup. I am going to retry cause I did have World in Conflict Soviet Assault installed on my system beforehand so making sure it's completely removed this time before I try again. However if it doesn't well it's pretty shit to be honest then.

Well shit now that I removed everything says I need a disc. Guess it isn't cracked.

Did you get the cd key?

Basically ended up installing my own retail version of the game and got it to work with a manual download. Got a CD key, made it to lobby and nobody was playing kek.

I'll join just need to register.

Think making a server requires more work on top of it all it seems. Think I will try again tomorrow, hopefully by then there will be more anons that have downloaded the game by then and we can have a bigger match.

Still downloading mine, and it's gonna take a fucking while considering my internet speed is slow AF

I'll need to fix my cd key since you need to use the same mail you sent the key to register and I used 10 minute mail to get mine.

Brood War was a shitty expansion.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hard to argue with those digits.

ah man I remember this, I played it for 10 hours a day every weekend and as much as I could school days back when it was on kongragade for about 4 months and then just quit out when my save was reset after I forgot to uncheck a box while I was clearing browsing data

This game has a really complex research system. I need to learn the proper paths. Map control isn't everything.

AI also cheats heavily in that so keep that in mind. If you can easily pimp slap hardest AI in that you'll dominate and rape online.

This was in PvP. The enemy player came out with cyborgs that I couldn't damage. I can wreck hard AI. All it takes is to rush for oil. I'm not a fan of cheating AI, so I haven't tried the hardest one.

Oh probably what you found was that he adapted heavily to your weapon types, were you MG spamming at all?

I had mg/cannon.

It has been ages since I played Warzone 2100 but I think rockets and VTOLs were great against against Cyborgs

That's why he steamrolled you. Flamers and rockets would have given you a chance.

But WiC is a RTT game user.

Is it wrong to always side with russian in rts games?
Have you tried the Rise of the Reds mod for CnC Generals: Zero Hour? You'd like that.

I know that tendency. I like the stealth/guerilla factions (GLA, Nod, Cybran, etc.) Recently though I find that I am favoring the "alien"/tech factions in games. (Scrin, Aeon, Yuri). Factions that have some element of mind control or unit theft in general are very enjoyable to me.

I don't know if that's purely based on preference or some sort of psychological factor about how I tend to approach problems. I once had a theory that a persons personality/character could be used to predict what faction and strategy they would prefer.

I don't know though. Maybe some of you guys who enjoy other factions could discuss what draws you to them and how you play them to shed more light on this topic?

Storywise yes. As gamepaly no.

I wish the Brits would get a buff

Armada 1 > Armada 2

Armada 2 felt a bit of a mess and clusterfuck while Armada 1 felt better paced. I also swear Armada 1 looked better.

Shadow Tactics
Blades of the Shogun

So what happened to the anons wanting to play WiC?

They actually previously nerfed the British (too) hard for being OP.

They feel so weak now compared to the rest of the faction, rarely see them played online. Some of the branches like Infantry could use some tweaking to, least from my experience

How "OP" were they before?
DId people bitch because they couldnt counter emplacement spam which caused the nerf?

Germans bitched that the overly dominating Panzershrek Blob and Tiger Tank combo wasn't effective against Brits in COH2.
COH 1 they along with Panzer Elite were nerfed considerably as they were dominating the other factions, Brit Royal Artillery in particular used to be insanely nasty.

Ever hear of this custom campaign: After Brood War - sites.google.com/site/starcraftcampaigns/maps it's a 20 mission set, though some balance is needed for the final mission.

Truly incredible

Didn't know this existed. Is it good? What about the plot?

The Wehraboos bitch about everything that counters their cheap tactics so thats not surprising honestly
PE was nerfed? Doesnt feel that way
Well it is arty after all and as such can go eat a dick in general but its understandable

It has its twists, but it's been a while since I played it. First mission is to rescue a UED Battlecruiser on Braxis under fire from Zerg forces. The cruisers captain joins your side and you try to find a way to defeat Kerrigan.

Have any of you anons played Swarm Assault?

Panzer Elite used to be completely unstoppable that at one point players refused to play against them. Their infantry are still deadly but do need upgrades to be usable and take a while to get going. They are easily countered by Ranger Spam which is kind of sad really cause the only competitive US Doctrine is Infantry due to the base Riflemen being useless and the resources you could spend upgrading them into something worthwhile it would be better to churn out rangers.
Brit Commandos are surprisingly very effective in Victory Point matches and will fuck shit up if used correctly.

Despite all the fucked up balancing of COH1, nothing compares to how badly they screwed the pooch on COH2 which literally is blob warfare unless you download Spearhead mod which feels goddamn essential to play now.

So the PE were that powerful huh
Pretty interesting
I dunno
Sure the ability to instantly to become invisible and clear all suppression is pretty good and the triangulation radio thing can be pretty helpful but they seem really fragile
I honestly stopped giving a fuck about the balance of that game especially since I still have a pirated older version of it after they decided to make mines only kill 2 soldiers at max but the changes become more retarded the more they patch it
I prefer Wikinger over Spearhead but agreed

The American Airborn tree was also nerfed fairly heavily years ago.

Strong early game infantry combined with effective emplacements, tanks or artillery (basically you could grab enough land early-on to win the victory point gametype 9/10 times and that's the only mode anyone serious played).

Why?
Airborne seems pretty balanced to me

Recommended mods for CoH1?

Eastern Front
NHC
Back to Basics
Europe at War
The Great War 1918
Far East War
Battle of Crete
Modern Combat
Battle of the Bulge

Finally got the world in conflict multi running, but nobody was there!

I'M HERE!

You're playing post-nerf, are you not? You'd have to be if you don't have some old disk copy or torrented version. As for why they were (considered to be) OP:
One side of the tech tree leaves them almost completely unreliant on resources since you could drop in elite infantry and AT guns anywhere with sight without the relevant tech buildings and even directly turn manpower into fuel and munitions that last ability actually came with a free MG and free mortar too but those are less relevant by the time you get it. The other side gave you the ability to remove fog of war (combine this with the infantry and AT drop to drop essentially anywhere in the map) and cheaply spam essentially un-counterable plane strikes. I'll see if I can dig you up some patch notes.

No idea what happened, tried launching it tonight and now it says it no longer works.

Also note that for the low cost of 25 munitions you can reliably charge an MG42 head on (fired up = no suppression) and kill it with paratroopers. They're also classified as 'airborne infantry' which literally makes shots randomly miss them. More or less made default infantry useless and compare the fact they're a starting commander upgrade compared to the infantry tree's rangers being a second-tier one.

Vanilla by the way had it so you didn't even have to spend manpower to get the drop, it was completely free.

They also could reinforce anywhere on the map.

Thanks user, memory is rather fuzzy but it was definitely more an issue of logistical independence than direct battlefield power. I will say on the note of 'UK being nerfed too hard' digging through this companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog in reverse order (newest to oldest) shows an almost consistent pattern of dropping in power.

I always felt with the Brits in COH1 they made their infantry units cost far too much for what they were.

As a fag who played the brits a fair bit I'd have to agree, particularly when you consider that the squad you're given at the start is a recon squad and thus can't build trenches (remember you don't get Sappers until your second truck) and also cannot be upgraded into one of the more combat-effective options. Also a single well-placed enemy sniper or unlucky occurrence at the start of the game can ruin your economy. As a second part of bitching about that recon squad they're the only sniper option for the UK and it costs 25 munitions to use it with a massive cooldown. Your infantry is reliant on officers to really shine and that pretty much means you've got to blob up into an 'eggs in one basket' situation. As a further bitch the only way to heal British units is a building that costs fuel to build and then uses munitions to heal. That's also your equivalent of the Medic Station so you can rarely afford to build it somewhere where it'll actually be able to recover casualties and give you new squads which would be wildly useful for the UK.

The idea of making a faction largely based on quickly securing a narrow frontline then defending it doesn't work if you nerf their early game infantry and make their defences wildly vulnerable to any organised attack.

Oh and a quick google tells me the fucking Casualty Cleaning Centre even costs three population just as a bit more of a fuck you to the faction with the most expensive infantry (and largest issue with population) in the game. Not that I'm still a bit mad about balance changes that happened the better part of a decade ago now.

Possibly is only a flat cost to manpower, shall have to check. Still not good. Also apparently the captain very, very slowly heals troops in the sector he's in.

Anyone who wants to play World in Conflict, I've got a server up. Just look for /rts/ in the server list.

Damn, didn't see the time of this post and though I would find the serb.

I'll put it up right now, I just took it down because nobody joined.

Shit nigger, lets do this so I can get my ass handed to me.

It's up, let me know if you can see it by joining. If not, I'll go dick with my firewall.

Whats the name of it?
I got 5 serbs, a bot one and an 1v1 one.
The rest have no players

The name is /rts/.

Nope, can't see it

Alright, it must be a firewall problem on my end, because I can't see any servers. One moment.

Is every filter disabled?

They were not, actually. I just disabled them and now I see the other servers. Did you have them disabled when you were trying to join my game?

I do have them disabled

Oh, I figured out the problem. I was trying to host through the base game, and dnline won't let me host without setting up a dedicated server. Let's just hop in the 1v1, since it looks like we're the only ones currently.

On the serb

Are the new Petroglyph games shit? They look meh but they're pumping them out for each theme of modern, fantasy and scifi RTSes.

That reminds me of Planetary Annihilation and Titans, though I didn't play them enough to give a shit. I think I got PA from a Humble Bundle and only installed it to see what the fuss was about.

Goddamn, haven't felt like this in ages
Need to play more of this tomorrow, have to get good at it as I'm complete pleb tier as of now.

Seriously though, I can't macro for shit.

You did fine, user. Especially in that first match, I think I only came out on top on that one because I plastered that point to the far left and then seized it with Airborne Troops.

Nuking your spawn in the second match was a dick move though and I admit it.

Is this the RTS where if you clicked on injured infantry they would say things like "Christ! I'm missing half my arm!" and other gruesome things?

Yes

Been playing some Age of Empires II HD lately, finally stopped being a coward and started playing with random people online instead of only with friends, lots of fun
tfw playing Ethiopians and Turk player sends his whole gunpowder army against me but they get completely destroyed by my siege with no chance to do anything

I was expecting it
You never used any Tactical Aids and you raped all the units I brought to the center.
I thought you were going to use it on the left hills which were badly defended though
I should have rushed centre at the beginning, but I'm still a pleb and was still getting to grips with the map layout.
You also had a good mix of light and heavy tanks plus AA while I just went Heavy/Medium and relied too much on isolated infantry.

Good use of light vehicles to cap points as well

Don't lie, I'm still pleb tier
When I played this online it was always one player one role and I relied heavily on my team as I microed Infantry and/or AA/Arty

Most RTS 1v1s I played were either DoW or C&C Generals.
I sensed some improvement on my part though, especially at the end of the second match.
Either that or you were just fucking with me due to it being pointless since you already had like 75% of dominance and there were like 2 minutes left to the match.

Still, good shit, I want to get better, maybe get someone to make a dedicated server or make our own.
Even losing this badly and being a 1v1 which is less hectic and without many things exploding It was fun as fuck.

Those masses of heavy units still mulched me, I was basically constantly replacing them because of how fast my default units were dying.

That said, definitely use infantry with your pushes. Especially if you can find woods to cram them into. An infantry squad in a building is okay, but one in the woods is basically untouchable bullshit.

I'm not lying, you gave me a run for my money and it was a good fight. I wasn't fucking with you, I was trying to keep my light defenses alive long enough and mostly failing toward the end.

Now there's a game that Holla Forums needs to play together. Has anyone managed to fix its horrible netcode yet?

Trying out Battle for Middle-Earth for the first time. I remember my friend had it and custom heroes sounded quite interesting, but in the end I just played wc3.

its like a nigger trying to explain science

I'm getting my ass kick on CnC generals on brutal damn.

Good job

I hope you will be playing tonight.

How about right now?

Guy who hosted last night here, I can't play right now but there are a bunch of dedicated servers up.

If it's just you two, hop on the 1v1 servers, if more, there's an 8v8 one up.

Sure

Er, played last night. I couldn't figure out hosting because I'm retarded.

Did you forward the ports or tried the dedicated server?

I might have had the wrong ports forwarded. I'll try it out again when I'm free later today and post here if it works.

There is a guide on massgate with the needed ports.

What server will we play on?

Was taking care of something
I'll be in in a sec

FUCKING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT

I'm on, should we do 1v1?

Sure might join latter

Alright
Joining the empty serb
I'll maybe host at the end of the month since I'll be busy after today but will have plenty of free time by then to setup things.

Im on with some random guy

I tried hosting is it visible?

Cant tell, about to play a round

I can't for the life of me make the second one and the expansion run. It just crashes immidiately.

There space in here for my three favourite RTS games?

Was able to win against the guy and now he fucked off.
Someone get in the server now.

This may take some time.

Fuck me, I'm finally in. Joined one of the 16 servers. Anyone coming?

Does Dune run on modern systems? I've got it installed but it does nothing when I try and run it.

FUCK GAME CRASHED

I noticed
And you were about to win too

Someone join the 16 server
5 people playing right now

I'm going to eat I'll be up for some more latter.

Fuck man, we need just one more player to start the match

Maybe we should have shilled the massgate thing a bit more.. Is the free games thread still up?

What we need is a gamenight

Was busy shilling the game over here

Without realising the game had actually started.. Still, I hope this brings some more people in. I miss the mayhem of full 8 v 8

Playing with 6 other people
Get in

Sorry lad, The number of players was slowly dwindling anyway and I think the peak we had was 4 per side, so I got bored and left. We should definitely play some time again soon though, should try and organise a night for it some point.

Installed the MW mod since theres a server for it and loaded it from the mods tab, still says I don't have the mod though.

Yeah, we need to setup a gamenight for this

I'm still trying to get the game to work properly. I've had to go through and make sure absolutely everything related to Soviet Assault is gone this time since got weird errors related to that when I tried to play. If it doesn't work this time I may have to give up.

Nigger, you need Soviet Assault, not the base game.
Base game is fugged
Just install Soviet Assault and then the patches before the multiplayer hotfix.

You sure? When I tried the multiplayer hotfix it said it wasn't compatible with Soviet Assault.

I'm sure, I tried with my OG physical copy before using the Soviet Assault complete edition since it didn't recognize the patches.

Campaign gameplay is coming out for the Norsca.

Oh for fucks sake, well I'm going to start from scratch again and see if I can force it. Fingers crossed this works. They really need to make an all in one installer for World in Conflict that removes the DRM

I remember it being very finicky. I got it working on Windows 7, but the game has no widescreen compatibility and there are no patches to fix this.

This user is incorrect. Installing Soviet assault will break the multiplayer. You have to download the base game here massgate.org/downloads.php it's the 4.2 GB download
download and install both updates, replace the files in the game directory with the ones from the multiplayer fix archive, and grab a CDkey from the site through the email verification/account setup step.

Once you got the cd key, enter it at the launcher, and then boom. Login to the game using your massgate account, and after that you should be ready to go.

Sorry thought you were talking about WIC. Disregard my post's relevance to yours

I'm back are you guys still playing?

About to

I said the complete edition
My copy which contained only the OG did not work while the Complete Edition did.

But yeah, I understand your confusion, forgot Soviet Assault was standalone.

On the 1v1 serb right now

(Checked)
That's strange. I tried it with the complete edition too at first, but it didn't work, it automatically installs soviet assault and that's what the updates/fix don't seem to like. I could only play multi when I installed the BASE GAME from the website link.

Finally got it to work, and yes it was Soviet Assault fucking things up for me. Seems like everyone has different issues.

Fuck crashed again. Is there any crashfix for this?

Was it on canals at all?

No it was quary

Do you have dx10 enabled? If so, turn it off, it causes some problems which might be related to yours as well

Rejoined btw

Happened to me when I had a craptop in 2007.
Try lowering some of the settings.

Spend all day installing and trying to fix this, but no awail. Both games keep crashing instantly. Went back to SupCom and it was fun.

What are the best RTS games to play if you're new to the series? Please and Thank You.

Fuck off YanDev. You fucking pussy.

I used the edition here
forshire.blogspot.com/2013/03/download-battle-for-middle-earth-2.html

Some turk made a complete download for the game + the expack that's patched up properly, and there's a link to some other patch to make it work on newer operating systems. I didn't use the mini images however, I downloaded a no cd patch from gamecopyworld.

Wow, rude. I just wanted some comfy RTS games to play. What has that autist have to do with RTSs?

Random you fuck, where are you?
I want a rematch

You mean new to the genre?

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2
Supreme Commander
Age of Empires 2
Dawn of War 1

Are there any good cute comfy japanese RTSs with cute anime girls you know of?

New to genre?
Command & Conquer(any… except anything after Tiberium Wars)
Supreme Commander
Rise of Nations

Also if you are a faggot, Emergency 4.
And if you are an autist, Wargame: Red Dragon
If you are an even bigger autist, Men of War
Yes I know, I am getting into TTS territory.

And if you don't even know what RTS is, World in Conflict.

Do any of those feature cute anime girls?
Is that like the defacto RTS game? I've played a few a small bit like Starcraft.

Are you retearded?
Tiberium Wars isnt that bad compared to abomination that was RA3 of the name of the C&C game that shall not be spoken

Seriously Tiberium Wars is not the worst in the series

Actually it is a TTS. Only the first three are actual RTS games.
And no. Although I believe Men of War might have a mod making the soldiers weebs. At least there is a probability. Don't hold my word for it.

RA3 is shit. C&C 4 doesn't exist.
What did I say wrong? You do realized I said, that everything *after* C&C 3 is bad?

Oh never mind i just realized that C&C 3 was released 2007 and RA3 in 2008, i was thinking that RA3 was released earlier
My bad

Damn. Thanks for your help user.

Is there a method or shud I just un-install/reinstall until it works?
WSGF says theres a registry hack for widescreen with some cropping issues. I'm not that worried if I can play it in a window, I've spent too much time at /hgg/ to be worried about aspect ratios.

I'd like to suggest Impossible Creatures, It's old but its a very classic example of the genre and it's make your own creature thing is pretty neat.

As an addendum has anyone tried Ground Control 2s coop campaign?

A screenshot dump anons. Some I had to delete cause they were shit. Also it saves in .bmp format kek. Had to convert. Also do anons prefer if I keep the UI on or off?

How long for those screenshots of me getting my ass handed to me?

UI off is best of course.

Also to the user I played with you should use the reacon tactical aid as much as you can during asaults.

Considering it took me 4 matches to get the first match converted, an hour probably?

Will use UI off in future.

I'll check it out. Thanks as well user!

holy shit that game was good
Bad thing it doesnt work on my PC anymore

I still have the fisical copy gold edition.

Anyone who wants to play World in Conflict, join on the Ranked Noobs server. It's currently empty besides me.

recently reinstalled it, I think it's kinda slow paced. And it made sense in the past, but today the population limit kinda annoys me. Wish there was a way to remove it.

1v1 without the few player mode isn't much fun tbh

It's not 1v1. I'm hoping we can get more people.

Joining but I doubt it since it's between euro and american hours.

Coming, just creating a thread on /radcorp/

If anyone else is considering joining, we have three people. Just need three more and we'll have a full game.

Aye, I need to memorize keybinds and condition myself to microing TAs, special abilities and formations better.
I should also wait for more units and rush your more badly defended points since on that last match you were pretty spread out.

I'll join in about an hour if anyone is interested by then.

Did I get that right? If you've got Soviet Assault version you are fucked with multiplayer?

Alright, got shit done faster than expected
Anyone in?

he had such a big advantage, but fucked up really hard by making an army with just one unit type smh, he didn't even make use of his civ's strenghts, why would you pick spanish and then make 0 gunpowder

What game

You'll want the vanilla version.

There's a HOI4 mod that changes world leaders and generals to cute animay grills

>>>/radcorp/1285
Since I can't be bothered giving instructions

This is an autistic complaint, but being light infantry and carrying support weapons without vehicles is fucking suffering.

Uhm… It also works with Soviet Assault. I still have the original installed so.

Just played a few rounds and won 3 out of 5 rounds. These light tank helidrops are the best things.

Dude you're the only case in this thread so far, nobody else has found that to be the case for them. I don't think your situation is normal.

Anyway, fuck me those games were exhausting.. My skill level gradually began to drop as I got more and more hours in, but because I wasn't sure when we would be able to play again I kept going when normally I would have left to play again tomorrow. But will there be games tomorrow..?

Also Space needle is Russian Bias and always has been not even joking.

I recorded the matches we played on the ranked server, I'll post webms tomorrow. Also is there a way to record ingame?

>But will there be games tomorrow..?
I hope so.

I should have known!

Why not tomorrow? Nothing says it has to be on the weekend like the main ones. Failing that I think Sunday this week is totally free, could check if anyone would like to know.

I think we started the fire. Got a few private messages asking if we were all friends. Definitely need to get a gamenight of this going. Need to try seeing how the dedicated server works just to let any potential serverfags know how it's done.

Also best matches involved zero airfags

STOP THIS

For sure man.. I was saving up for a nuke on space needle so I didn't napalm those dudes next to the tower, but I should have just gone for it since I was playing armor.

Are you still playing user? Sometimes it works okay.. Maybe

I'll play with you guys. Set up a date so I can clear some shit off my HDD and install the game.

Not sure what is recorded since I used OBS and only now when I went to check I found out that you can save replays. So I doubt that there will be many webms worth posting.

I just picked tanks cause nobody was ever choosing them, then picked infantry on that one map where you could abuse the fuck out of them and we won the match in under 5 minutes.
Though became very aware that there was definitely "That Guy" who always picked Air yet never supported his team and only wanted to pointwhore. I noticed most times player with "That Guy" on their team would lose.
Glad that nothing has changed from the old WiC days.

Sorry user, I assumed you were 97e67e. So you both are finding it working with soviet assault? Interesting.. When I installed it earlier it wouldn't even let me launch the wiconline.exe because it said I hadn't patched.. Hmm.

I don't mind actually, since I hope to bounce back from it anyway. Fucking Nato arty..

I think I know who you mean, always with the heavy gunships? It was fun chasing him round the map with medium helis though.. Revenge was sweet indeed.

Come to think of it we could shill WiC in the wargame thread.

Pretty much a sign of playing with "That Guy" They don't understand the concept of using their own gunships to protect friendly ground forces.
Used to happen a lot back in older days and it was often complete cancer. They were more concerned about padding their stats than actually winning a match. If only Massively bit the bullet and seriously buffed AA it would have curbed the cancer completely.

Already posted on /radcorp/ Might be the next game night after PR.

Nope, and I probably won't be playing till the end of the month due to personal shit.

I'll be sure to shill it again and maybe C&C Generals/SupCom.

And from the ashes the trees shall grow.

I find that if someone is doing that the best option is to just chase them around the map with medium helis and fire air to air missiles at them, so that when he does show up, he has to leave in a hurry. Heavy AA just doesn't make the cut for whatever reason. I think what makes it really bad though is the fact that smoke doesn't seem to be 100% effective for helis, who can find some special angle and kill you all the same even if you've popped smoke and remain completely still.

Damn, sorry to hear.
From what I recall you need gameranger for multi on that right? Brings me back.

>tfw dodging some tankbusters with heavy artillery

Recon heli's and recon call ins can see through smoke

The modern warfare mod would be great if only the maps were bigger.

I hope they didn't go full realism route. Cause that autism doesn't work unless you make massive ass battlefields and factor in everything, otherwise you will just end up triggering everyone for one aspect or another.

Never tried it back then and right now theres only one server which for some reason doesn't let you join with the latest version of th mod.

I'll try it in one month one excruciating painful month of no house comfort including my rig

That was fucking hilarious
Mere minutes later I was spotting with my Inf while the Arty was being Tank busted by a based teammate

Glorious Soviet units being protected by the Ghost Hand of Stalin.

If its capitalist, Nuke it

You faggots try using the nato artillery then if you think it's so easy.

Okay let me break it down for you;

Soviet Heavy Artillery

USA Heavy Artillery

Nato Heavy Artillery

Soviet arty is a million times better than the rocket shit. NATO arty is complete ass.

I won't disagree that they're fucking shit compared to the commies Heavy Arty, but goddamn.
How the fuck is it hard?
I even saw some niggers leaving the AA around to protect the Arty instead of microing that shit where its needed.

I never said that did I though, you disingenuous faggot.
Try it dude. With soviet arty you actually get decent damage per shot, ergo, fuckers you want dead don't have much of a chance to dodge your shots and die pretty quickly.
That's pretty counterproductive seeing as support is the one who gets AA on the cheap anyway so they can easily guard themselves with it if need be (which is what I was doing but since there were no helis on most maps because people were getting triggered by heavy choppers, they were redundant), but even if you did have decent defense from heavy choppers, you've still got fuckers on the ground to worry about, and if you have internalised all of the above instead of focusing more on your memeing you'd gather that Soviet arty > Usa arty >Nato Arty.
FUCKING READ THIS

Being worse than the Russian arty still doesn't make it hard, you just shoot and relocate

Maybe I should elaborate a little more..
It makes it hard to excel or do any lasting effect whilst playing other arty's, but the fundamentals are similar, albeit you have to watch your ass more carefully when playing as Nato and USA arty because, as previously stated, the projectiles can be traced among other fucking reasons.
You haven't played arty in this have you? I'm telling you each artillery piece plays differently, why would it matter if I just 'shoot and relocate' when my pieces move slow as ass, and if air is on alert I've got choppers coming down on my head anyway thanks to the sign I just gave them about where just where I'm shooting from, or better yet, someone para drops next to me or drives a tank in, and because of the minimum firing range, I can only try to run, but in reality I want my doomed unit to die quickly so I can replace it ASAP. And also it's very map sensitive, some maps provide a lot of cover for your pieces whilst others don't. But if you're going to use Nato/USA arty, you should make sure it's as far from the enemy as possible because the missiles only show up when their within an Enemy's LOS, which is still pretty large, whilst also ensuring that you're well within reach of your allies so that you have some neutral protection available, and also to ensure that your out of plain sight so it takes at least a little digging to try to find your extremely noticable, shit missile artillery.

Thanks for the detailed post

Don't mention it. I'm hoping it leaves a lasting effect.

What should the next thread be? World in Conflict thread again but with information from /radcorp/?

That or just a general

Generals General?

This>>13185227 with WiC in the OP

Make it a general with instructions on how to download and install the game.

/radcorp/ fag here, apologies for the misconceptions WiC fags. More feedback on a potential WiC gamenight needed here: >>>/radcorp/1285

Think I got my own server working but need anons to test it. I'll try it out later tonight.

New screenshot dump

Any anons willing to play?
Why is Mark so autistic about page 12?

I probably need to use some tool software to mount it, maybe. I'm not sure.

I've started a server if you want to help me try it out user. It's Al Gores Treehouse

You don't need software to mount it. You just need to download the game, install it, then run the patches. It will then require no CD.
See >>>/radcorp/1285
For more details

Joined.

Well server works. All we need is a hostfag that can run over a weekend. I wish I could but I can't give commitment

Top kek.

what anime?

Macross Delta
Anyway shutting down the server for tonight.

This game makes me sad.. I don't think it's possible to play this whilst trying to chill, but come to think of it that's what I remember it like back when I was still playing it years ago as well. And now everyone probably thinks that I'm a faggot because I did a shit job whilst playing most of the games I was in today.. Ahh well, I guess it's another game I'll have to stay away from for a couple of weeks.

Why didn't you try and test the Holla Forums server if you were on user? :^)

There were two people on there when I got on and the other server was at like 10 people, but at least a few of them revealed that they were kinda faggy though after a while, calling people hackers or constantly telling them they were shit or whatever. Kinda made me regret not joining the Holla Forums server tbh, but I couldn't really be bothered to wait and thought it would be more fun with more people. I'm sorry user.

The Holla Forums server I configured so that you only need 1 person per team to start it which reminds me I should probably copy and paste my ini file onto /radcorp/ so anyway who wants to host a server knows what to change so people are stuck waiting forever for a match to start. You missed out on us trying to recreate Vietnam with nothing but infantry and napalm
don't worry you didn't miss much, we needed more players to make that something worthwhile. Although must confess the 1vs1's were pretty decent. The other user really fucked me over with infantry a lot and kept me guessing with his unit choices. That Light Tank swarm was crazy. Constant game of countering moves like a Real Time Chess game. Wish I saved more replays cause that user really kept me on my toes

anyone* Fuck I need my sleep.
Also did get the impression that a lot of the people playing the game apart from the Massgatedevs who are actually pretty chill to talk to funny enough which is unsual for most communities like this are really up their own ass, which frankly is nothing new considering what WiC was like back when the original servers were still up which was fags running around calling everyone shit while they statpad not supporting their team at all and only communicating to insult their own team rather than coordinate with anyone.

Sounds extremely familiar. I was particularly overjoyed at being chastised by my own team mates one round even though we were winning, and I was the only one capturing the warzone points. The constant chide got waring after a while, and in the end I just left. I remember it all too well from years back too, which also drove me away from the game a bit back when I was still playing it years ago.
that actually sounds pretty goddamn fun.. I hope you were on the jungle maps too?
Next time I think I'll just play on the Holla Forums server then.. The atmosphere was totally different too I must say, the people in the populated server were mostly tryhards who thought they were the tits and constantly blamed their teammates whereas the other night was chilled, even if I was gradually getting drained the longer and longer I played, but I think that's just multiplayer in general for me.

New thread!