Fighting Game General: Shark Girl Edition

Kickstarter for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! reached U$324,639. New character Shark Girl with Parecelsia arcana will come for this version along with a balance patch. kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/

Leaked Arcade mode confirmed by X-Kira: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-&p=293083&viewfull=1#post293083

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Beta sign ups delayed to August 22nd. Beta will be up from September 16th~18th. Japanese sign ups are available at the Japanese PS Store

Eliza is available for purchase for U$5.00 at the stores for PC/PS4/XboxOne.
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU

New balance patch released. Bizarro released as a new Premier Skin for Superman. Tournament shaders for many characters are available for purchase.
Starfire trailer is out: youtube.com/watch?v=Za2KXKAdrw4

New trailer with Skullomania and Darun, and also confirms a beta with preorder for the PS$ Late 2017 and 2018 release: youtube.com/watch?v=gulVi0NDVnU

Jubei will be released on August for arcades, winter 2017 for consoles and PC: youtube.com/watch?v=aewAKIak15o Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Spiderman, Frank West, Nemesis and Haggar revealed at SDCC: youtube.com/watch?v=KpGkR3hoKUI
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
The 3.8 Eagle update is out as of June 27th 2017.

Dataminer found references for possible future characters and stages Blue Mary, Jubei, Heidern, Hinako, Oswald and Shingo: youtube.com/watch?v=p-AXIGJeHOc

First free DLC character, Max Brass gets a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=HlKDwrr3HA8

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
youtube.com/watch?v=VT_oEkNlAoA
youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
fig.co/campaigns/fantasy-strike
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/e5MuU
i.imgur.com/fYkhbXh.png
i.imgur.com/ZoShnpu.png
store.steampowered.com/app/452510/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLate/
store.steampowered.com/app/411370/Melty_Blood_Actress_Again_Current_Code/
archive.is/OzoJw
youtube.com/channel/UCMLA0aZ2AbFbumALoBY2ZVw/undefined
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/1/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=L6Nus2WRs4M
youtube.com/watch?v=LkXyzC25BsE
archive.is/IfGSq
twitch.tv/videos/163985355?t=41m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=5Rws8PTp6BA
daz3d.com/daz_studio
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet latest stream: youtube.com/watch?v=VT_oEkNlAoA
Cerebrawl v0.6.5 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw Website: dlsite.com/home/work/=/product_id/RJ202337.html
Strides 2 Glory graphical update: youtube.com/watch?v=KeCqi-ou1qs
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=qCaTPX5vV4M
Fantasy Strike crowdfunding campaign on fig: fig.co/campaigns/fantasy-strike
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/e5MuU

And post your mains

Jubei overview trailer

Also on other news, modders using patreon are receiving DMCA notice from Capcom and getting banned from zetaboards:
i.imgur.com/fYkhbXh.png
i.imgur.com/ZoShnpu.png

Looks like Capcom's a little butthurt that modders are making better costumes than they are, and getting donations for it.

Finally did it. Something's up with the template colours but I was too lazy to change stuff around because it looks kinda cool.

Ono is the jeb bush of fighting games

How do I beat White Len?

Main Mech-Hisui like a real man

But F-Warc is so cool.

Anyone have that cap showing how SFV got pushed out a whole year early? I need to educate someone.

PREEZ CRAPU

Getting donations is fine but the guy was putting stuff behind a paywall so it was obvious he'd get dcma'd.

You should do more stuff like this, it looks kinda neat.

Let's talk about Elena.
>wud u fug?

By the way does anyone have the pic with Ono dressed up as Abigail and everyone on the stage looking in the other direction? It was there in the previous thread (or the one before that), I forgot to save it.

Then give them a try. Maybe you'll like them, maybe not, but you won't know if you won't try. Or maybe the IPs you like have other games you can try? What are they, anyway?

T-Thanks user?

Where's Birds?

BEATS IN MUH HEAD

shoo shoo jungle fever

They are these
Also Eyes of Heaven if it even counts as a fighting game.

LMAO

This seems like one of those situations where both parts are assholes and no one is really in the right. That said, Capcom being petty cunts is standard procedure to them and I hope this bites them in the ass.

Oh well, I can't be much help as I've played neither of those, though I've heard Injustices are mostly about projectile spam. That's not exactly a good thing I'd say. If you'll ever want to play online that is, but I doubt the first Injustice is alive by now. For singleplayer it might be decent though, and you can acquire it through other means to try that out or play it through. As said before, I cannot be certain.

Otherwise Arkham Asylum/City were good enough for one playthrough if Batman is what you like from Injustice cast, but WB is not exactly the most deserving of your money, and you probably have played that by now anyway. I don't think any other major DC vs DC game like Injustice exists if that's what you want, but I am hardly a big fan of superhero universes so I could easily be wrong.

bampu

can confirm

Is that his Blanka figure in the second pic? How did it break?

I don't care I just want to punch people as Martian Manhunter

Even that is too intelligible to possibly be Ono.

As a Darkstalkers fan, I don't really get what that is supposed to mean. Drinking to forget? Celebrate? Cosplay Morpheus?

It's a guy in a coffin.
DARKSTALKERS IS DEAD

Anyone still plays UNIEL on PC?

I'm playing it and while I'm pretty ass at the game I'm having the most fun with a FG I've had in years to the point I rearranged my sleep schedule so that I could get some early morning matches with some chinks, which I'm enjoying despite the lag.

Pic of Best Girl related.

UNIEL is on PC?

It's been on PC, shortly after Melty got an official Steam release.

But I want a PC port of VF5 and I don't even play CF5…

Melty got an official Steam release?

yep
*shrugs* the big lug grew on me it's also nice to combo with a crouching medium kick, fuckin' Birdie so Abigail is my new main.

Been out for a while, user. Can't attest to quality, though.

Yes.
>>>store.steampowered.com/app/452510/UNDER_NIGHT_INBIRTH_ExeLate/

Also yes.
>>>store.steampowered.com/app/411370/Melty_Blood_Actress_Again_Current_Code/

Both the UNIEL and the Melty ports are pretty good, only problem is that it doesn't use Rollback netcode but rather it uses ArcSys Input delay netcode.

For Uniel that doesn't change much but for Melty it's not really worth it if you already play it using CCASTER. I bought it because I wanted the full game in English and to support French Bread as a thanks for all the years that I've played their game for free.

There's a promise of incorporating rollback netcode in ht steam version of MBAACC though, if they follow on it'll become the perfect melty package.

Does anyone have the one for Crash Team Racing?

Eyes of Heaven is horrible.

They've been promising that for a while now, even talking to the guy that wrote CCaster, but nothing's surfaced. I still bought it because I was mad we never got a chance to buy AACC ever. The netcode isn't much of an issue since I don't play online with shitty internet. Otherwise both games are fine on Steam. Buy em if you want to support French Bread.

>Got a friend CvS2 for his birthday PS2 version, $20 complete.
>he doesn't have much experience with fighting games, and we're playing on PS2 controllers and neither of us can play fighters for shit on controllers.
Have you tried getting a friend into fighting games before?

Let him play whatever character he wants in the beginning, it's not like he's going to attend tournaments and try to best D44 Bas in a FT10.

You should try to get him to undestand the ratio system better first and how to use K-Groove. Then nudge him towards using characters that work better with K-Groove.

Give advice regarding stuff like neutral game, basic strategy, spacing, etc. I.E. make him start to develop fundamentals - but don't be an autist trying to shove it all at once on him, go slowly.

Once he starts feeling confident - then beat him using A-Groove Sakura and Roll-Cancel shenanigans and show how much the game has to offer and and try to slowly push him toward hardcore territory.

If he shows resistance during the process give him time. If he starts getting excited about it and start exploring things,then you can start introducing him to competitive stuff (such as video related).

Tekken 7 girl lewds or be deported!

Tekken 7 girls are ugly tho

PEACH MAINS ARE GAY.
why is this not a thing anymore. anyone who has gone to a tourney knows that peach mains are actually gay with armada being the only outlier

yea i've gathered

How does this make you feel?

Indifferent since the only game out of those 4 that I play is UNIELst. Is tekken 7 really that brutal?

That's hilarious.

Yup, a long awkward silence as you get ready for the next battle.

SFV is saved
archive.is/OzoJw

I always knew capcom would pull through
also

You gotta have the hair in the picture

can you make it jumbo wet & jumbo hard?

sure,
the Jumbo comes in 3 flavors too.

From the Arcana Heart Kickstarter.

Koji Takaya
Arcana Heart Series Producer
August 2, 2017

R.I.P. Tohru Sakurai
It turns out Koji also worked on Samurai Shodown when he worked at SNK. I think the last games he worked on were Samsho V and VI.

Capcom is tireless in IP protection. Haha

Shark Girl ftw

A ton of people were excited for Shark Girl. But what really gets me is the balance patch that's coming. I wonder what they'll buff or nerf. And I really hope it doesn't get worse because of it.

And I didn't think we would reach Shark Girl. That was actually surprising.

Cuckime fags, please.

How balanced was AH3? I don't even know what the tier list looks like, I only occasionally played with my friends. If Examu had prepared the KS better from the start, we probably might have even gotten Dark Heart. They just had to fuck it up so much, it's kind of a waste really. On a somewhat related note, do you know of any places to watch high level players?

When's a new SOul Calibur/Edge ?

I think it's time to see more Arcana Heart in other games.
The series is big enough to grant some more spotlights. Hell, I would love to see an Arcana team on KOF. It would be extremelly difficult to happen, but in less than two years we had Mai on DoA and Geese on Tekken, RWBY and Persona with BB and UNIB. Even Umihara will be in a fighter with Solange! And Heart were fighting Sayain Nitroplus. Who knows?

test

Falcoon continues his KoF series.

Never, if we're lucky. You know Harada is gonna take a big steaming dump on it.

youtube.com/channel/UCMLA0aZ2AbFbumALoBY2ZVw/undefined
Covers a ton of AH3 tourneys. Every once in a while a G.O.D. rank player will come in. Yet even they struggle against the SSS+ rank players here.

As for balance. The games are pretty well balanced with the top tier characters being the ones that don't need a arcana to do well like Zenia and Clarice. However there are players that do some absurd things with the right arcana setup. Angelia players usually use Earth but the scariest one I saw used the Water arcana. Or this Heart player who used Punishment. Almost no one uses that one yet it comes with same great special moves to keep on pressure or get out of pressure. Gimmicky arcanas like Luck and Gravity aren't used much but they possess tricks that can really throw off players. Like Gravity replaces your backwards homing you use out of block stun with a magnetic pull that brings people toward you. Or how the spark wave super will suck people in and absorb projectiles while dealing some good damage.

AH isn't that well known and the all female cast plus lolis keep many at bay. Nitroplus Blasterz was made by Examu so it made sense Heart was in it. As for Umihara being in a fighter, that game is a mash-up of many very obscure characters. If anything, Heart would be in that BB crossover game.

C'mon, man

Transfomer fighter.. when?

Beast Wars was fun

Elena is interesting and I like capos in general. Her stand hurtbox is weird but not much of an issue in 3rdStrike
Healing as Ultra was stupid. But it was SFIV anyway.
I like her more in SFIII but she was annoying and gimmicky in USFIV. But people didn't really had much time to adapt to her tatics considering Capcom killed the game with SFV
Why would I want that?
>wud u fug?
Not really my type but who am I kidding?
I hate how Capcom simply forgot everything about Makoto in V and dismiss any interaction between Ibuki and her since IV. Does anyone care about Mika and Ibuki as rivals or working for Karin?

I can say with absolute certainty that I don't.

I could see Weiß, Zenia, Elsa or Clarice being able to fit in as guest characters in Under Night In-Birth like Akatsuki, but that's about it

And not Akane, Saki, Kamui or Heart? It's not like the designs in UNiB are "standard" for most of the cast.

Saki and Kamui sure maybe, but Heart and Akane feel too peppy for UNI imo. Nanase and Mika already fill that role enough.

Leave it to Capcom to make the best design choices imaginable

I'm more surprised Zangief doesn't have something like that. Speaking of, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give him a situational as fuck kick counter?

He did in USFIV omegaboogaloowhatever.

>>>/ebon/

she doesnt even have a nigger face, just dark skin.

Just let him meme it up.

No black girl in Japan has a nigger face. They are pretty much just dark skinned Asians. And that's what makes 2d brown much better than 3D.

yes. black too.

Any color looks better in 2D, anons. This is fact.

I'm kind of a newfag in fighting games. Any recommendation for someone like me?

heh?

Err, play the JoJo game made by Capcom on Fightcade?

You should tell tour tastes first before we recommend something.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: All Star Battle, for the PS3.

Is that game newfag friendly?

It's a fun kusoge. You can try it out, but a Kusoge will not make you a good fightan, however it's a start.

Don't know much about Jojo. I only remember the game being a thing during its time and there are people playing on Fightcade today, so at least is better than ASB. Only messed around with a friend before an online tournament. Came out 0-2 so what do I know?
For "newfag friendly", it depends. KOF'98 XIV is easier and slower but '98 is easily emulated, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Garou, 3rdStrike (the game has a high skill ceiling but is easy to get into, just don't really care much about parries at first) are all good for beginners and are free. Skullgirls, Guilty Gear Xrd series, most recent Blazblues and UNIEL[st] all have great tutorials.

It's one of the first fighting games I got into, so I guess it's newfag friendly, only problem you'll run into when it comes to Fightcade is that everyone there is at least mid-tier when it comes to skill so you'll get your shit pushed in.

I'd play you in a few weeks at the earliest if you lived in Europe

Are fight sticks not worth getting anymore?

I just want to let all of you know playing fighting games with a keyboard is fun

I'm a newfag and I know you are wrong.

You're wrong

He's not wrong, a hitbox/stickless arcade controller are glorified keyboards and tons of people use those.

D-Pad > Stick tho.

Can someone recommend me a game that shares some traits with Skullgirls but has a better online community? I am kinda stuck in Arcade mode since the only 4.5 people playing this thing online are either on the Moon or know infinities better than their own home.
Bonus points if it runs well on linux, wine or native

Thankfully there's no other game like Skullgirls.
However there are similar games such as MvC2 but the online is beyond dead.

Try your luck with Fightcade and the many Marvel / Xmen games, they're good and fun.

That game is extreme kusoge. It's capped at 30 FPS and still dips under a lot of the time. The system mechanics and actual fighting are very shit as well, you only play it for the references not for the fighan. I'm biased towards anime games, so you could try Central Fiction, Rev2, or Melty. Arcana Heart and UNIEL are fine too, but I don't know if you want to wait for the new versions of those. I prefer playing on PC for these games, but console is fine too. I recommend these games because the recent flagship games usually have a good amount of online players new and old than can help you learn.

Let's hope Examu doesn't fuck up the balance or fun just for the sake of changing things then. That YT channel is great, thanks user.

More like;
Whatever you prefer/good with > Whatever you hate/bad with

What's a good stick for cheap that can be easily modded? I've been thinking buying a Qanba Drone, but it's out of stock in the moment.

Awww shit. We might be able to find out if Fighting Layer characters are on the table for the roster or not.

When's Blair?

I'm 90% sure she'll be the next character shown off.

I did a Carl

puppet characters are one type of gameplay style I'll never be able to wrap my head around.

Except if you relaunch with the same characters in UNIEL, you should be able to skip some of that intro sequence. You can in local, anyhow, I don't remember it being that long on PS3.

With modern Bamco? I wouldn't want it to be absolutely destroyed. I'm okay with playing SC2 to death even if it's not perfect.

Never ever, the old 3D games were shit.

Fighting Layer characters would make the game brilliant. More Janis for everyone! Also hoping that we get the crazy mid boss fights back. Sharks and Knights vs characters would be great.

I fucking love this board

What would her worn swimsuits smell like?

Is PS4 compatibility a must? Because if it is, then wait for the Drone or maybe consider a Venom Arcade Stick.

If it's not, and you mainly playing on PC/Ps3 then the Qanba Carbon should be good enough and when its time you can replace the parts with Sanwa ones.

If they add Vold Ignitio from fighting layer; I'll buy two copies.

shark fin soup.

1st episode of KOF Destiny free on Steam (ENG subs): store.steampowered.com/app/642890/1/1/
There's like 3 episodes in chinese already
Does anybody have rips from Steam? This player is shit

Is it not shit?
Is it about a story we have already heard about a thousand times in the KoF universe?
Does it go immediately against established cannon?

It's alright but

Also does it "expand the universe" in an important way or a way with no actual consequence so the entire point of watching and making this show pointless?

It's a retcon of the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting stories placing them in the KOF timeline. 1st episode has Jeff x Geese (already a weeb in a hakama) and the next one will feature Ryo and his bike after Geese's henchmen.
Mature is Nina now
Visuals and character design are subpar to shit but the interactions and characterization are gold. Jeff's moves and Daimon wearing clogs at the airport

Not many people cared about who Mature was until she put on the mask.

If I pull that off, will you die?

Holy shit get SNK on the phone and tell them to make this Mature's DLC costume.

"Perhaps she is wondering why would anyone shoot a man before hitting him with a Climax Cancel."

10/10, I don't need to watch anything else to know that this is a masterpiece.

That has been out for a while, user. Where've you been?

After lots of reference and careful instruction, things have improved.

ASB has been dead since about late 2014/early 2015. Got to play it with others on the JP version when it came out with anons from half-/vg/ but the game is kusoge even though I love the series. I recommend playing Heritage for the Future on fightcade instead if you still need a JoJo fix.
The framerate was trash, the damage scaling was by number of hits instead of number of attacks used so characters like Kakyoin and Narancia did very low damage. They still even resold the DLC characters for the NA/EU release instead of putting them in the game.

If you want to learn something but you don't have a preference, you can come to the SamSho 2 room in fightcade. It's not a combo heavy game so it will teach you all the FUNdamentals you will need in any fighting game.

speaking of samsho; I wish they'd give a solid date for samsho V special unfucked edition already. They said summer and there is only 49 days left of summer.

Is the Venom Arcade Stick compatible with Sanwa parts? If not, I'll just wait the drone.

Was replacing Baiken's guard cancels with Azami a mistake?

Couple more WIP shots.

Probably going to be near the end of summer.

Seconding well, all of these since you can't go wrong with any of them. Just try to get them cheap as hell since new iterations are going to be here in a few months hopefully.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

He did deserve that loss. And I don't know what changes Baiken got but she's still a character with many defensive options right?

Max never was a good player. I dont know why people think he is one.

He was decent at 3rd strike but never a top player, I dont remember him being good at anything else.

He was known for early MvC3 but he stopped because playing in tournament settings supposedly caused him to have a heart attack from stress attending them. Someone else threads ago said this so if I'm wrong blame him

That's pretty far away from dsp though.

dude ate 5 mix ups and was complaining the entire time mashing Baikens counter like it wont wiff on slayers dandy step if he did it right away.

Will Starfire save Injustits2?
youtube.com/watch?v=L6Nus2WRs4M

Healing as Ultra would be sorta ok if she didn't have so much frame advantage & have tiny hitboxes to low-profile everything. Individually they are annoying but together they make her OP in the hands of something like Sako or Xian.
youtube.com/watch?v=LkXyzC25BsE

Make Healing a super though making it heal faster would be ok. Fix up her tiny hitbox and lessen her frame advantage.

He seems to dislike Baiken cause he only knew how to unga yet he thinks is one of the best games.
His problem is that he does not play GG at all and has no knowledge whatsoever.

Forgot to post this pic as well.

Yeh I remember him saying something about extreme anxiety during tournaments so he stopped.

Yes, it is.
Easy to drop in Sanwa Parts:
>>archive.is/IfGSq

I made a good decision on maining her

I told you he would improve with more references and guidances. Not bad! I will be cool to aee the complete model.

On other things, this looks like a fun little game.

What is this

There's also the Kemono Friends game. When's the pony fightan game?

The game don't need to be saved. It's a fun game, not groundbreaking, but well produced, and it clearly improved drastically over the first one.
I can't say it's absolutely amazing, but it have much better than most prople here would like to accept. But wait the GOTY, if you can.
But, if therebis one thing the game missed was the comic "feel" it looks like a movie, or tv show, and nothing that could make you look at it and get that comic style. Which is one of the biggest downsides of this game.
By the way, it's funny that the game makes sure that you will pretty much hate WW, she is the big villain in the game, killing and mauling in the expectation she would get some "Super Dick", but she not only fails, plenty of characters throws it at her in the game.
One more thing, to this day, her costume on the mobile game wasn't censored.

WIP character for giant woman fighting game I'm making

A mutant with an extremely long arm?

What is your opinion of Eliza?

That this art of her is fucking trash.

If I played tekken I'd probably main her

Now that's an obvious fucking lie, only 2 people on earth play her. The only way you'd join group of her players is if you hoped to have a threesome with the other two, and they probably prefer their anime pillows.

What's the fightan community greatest moment?

Nah, Tekken characters all look boring as fuck, the titty vampire seems like the only interesting one. If Geese was out I'd probably go with him

Jack-7 is cool.

Harada fucking ruined online though. Now I can't see he rank or character of anyone I choose to fight. And since I can't see the character, that means one thing: Hwoarang and Hwoarang only. That is all anyone ever played. That gay fucking pirate who can keep up infinite pressure with kicks upon kicks upon kick. And they never even fucking give him a costume, fuck every individual who plays Hwoarang.

Shit tier character gameplay wise, but a nice design imo.

Thanks, friend. I'll keep an eye out for it.

I tried editing an old fighting game template I found. Should I make any changes to it? I included BBCTB and the Arika fighter.

Sure, why not.

Got canceled, then rebranded, then everyone wanted to fuck the deer, then no updates happened I think.

Good work user. Easy to edit, and can be expanded. Pretty cool.

Why doesn't he just train in lobbies with his followers if the gaps in Rev 2 are too big?

Remember me, user?

Reminder Max is a scrub who sucks at fighting games, and is the Pewdiepie of the FGC (only cucked as fuck, so he doesn't lose that weed money and Youtube career).

He also didn't even hit qualifiers at the Evo that had MvC3, so all of his videos pretty much contradicted what he taught people.

This fucking game, I only rented it once and was disgusted by the control scheme

Just asking for those that actually go to gaming conventions if they have any impressions on both Dragonball Fighter Z and Mahvel Infinite. How are they? Is Mahvel really doomed?

Tell me a Melty Blood joke.

Why did the Melty Blood player cross the road?
To get to the tournament being held in a parking lot.

I played in and watched that stream cause of his cancer he was spilling and I wanted to see If I could be more icing on the cake.

this is what happens when he plays someone other than Leo.
even the people watching the stream were calling out his bullshit.
he's got at least a hundred hours in the game but all on unga bunga. Max during his 3rd strike hayday and early streaming was probably a good player even though he mained Ken who is tied for the easiest character in the game. His most impressive feat is probably mvc3 (but I never played that game so I don't know how difficult it is).
But now he just wants a stream friendly game and could hardly care about the type of game now. He just cares about the characters present.
People think hes good because his viewers populate the games he plays when he does.
thus putting him against people that dont even know how to do motions.
His viewers however ==DONT== populate GG because it scares them too much when their hero loses to average players.

All he wants is ninjas and blonde emos and whatevers close to those two in fighting games, his love for megaman is the same as a hipster wearing a faded atari shirt.

the only reason im posting instead of lurking as I usually do Is because I was the green johnny that beat him.
I only have 12 hours in the game and still beat him with johnny.
I don't have time to play fighting games 24/7 like he does and I still beat him and he has the gull to say the game is too hard.

I'd be surprised if he comes back to GG after this shitstorm and the crazy amount he was lying to himself and basically for lack of a better term, was johning. If he does He'll probably have to grit his teeth and go back to Leo instead of playing his rose crotch waifu

So, you had a chance to beat the MAX? And did just that? Not bad, but, to be honest, Max is just like any Minecraft player. He can really play only one or two games. But he learned how to sell to normalfags that he was a good player.
I am a terrible player in general, But since I don't keep telling people I'm the good shit, this do not affect me negatively. But he have an image to preserve, and that is absolutely TERRIBLE to him. He will probably avoid GG in general, or just focus on Infinite when it's released. He will probably think twice before he risks his image like that again.

I didn't do well since Im still new, I did the same 2 combos I knew and I never tried mist canceling since I haven't grounded it yet. I won 3 to 2 but he's got like 100 hours while I've got 12, He shouldn't lose to me but he did. Not to mention he played a lot like me. We both learned 2 easy combos and abused them.

here's the webm of him shitting himself in the mouth

And you want to know the sad thing. He should like the fact he's playing against good players.

But oh no he's got a stream to run

As much as some of his shit annoys me, courtesy of a friend, I wish he'd review his own shit and try to actually learn why he's getting fucked. The goddamn game has little arcade lobbies he and his flunkies could practice in but nope, gotta dip into everything and cruise by fighting shitters in all of them.

Well, you did better than him, and that is a no if you are streaming, with your face in there. Max needs to be one of the skilled players, all the time, in order to justify his position.
Max will have his fans and will do the necessary to keep them, even if it means stick to only very few games. But, it'1s sad he can't just accept that he is not good enough in a certain game. I wonder if he really believes that people think he would be good on any fightan. And, he also can't bash games too much, becuase he is now a target for plenty of companies. What that means is, he will be forced to play games he is bad at in order to keep in good terms with those developers/publishers. He will be salty for a long time…

Most streamers are not in it to get good. And hell, if you are learning a game, you will have your ass kicked from time to time. If he can'1t accept that, no future.

Marvel doomed? MvCi doesn't have Dr Doom. Haha.

The Melty Blood community will always be the best fighting game community

With RWBY, Skullgirls and KI having a nice following in Japan, I wonder if it means more Western titles could have a chance there, if they release on arcades soon enough.

Wait, KI is a thing in Japan?

Yeah. Tournaments and stuff.

speaking of KI; when are they gonna drop more info on the Definitive Edition?

Well Dr Doom is no longer Dr Doom, he's Iron Man

What do you guys think Painwheel smells like

Just making conversation h-haha

A solid following doesn't necessary means they'll have much of a chance because the following is solid but really small. There's tournaments for everything in Japan, a-cho every now and then still posts footage of people playing MvC2 there but it doesn't change the fact that the game has a very niche appeal.

KI is as far as I know a game for Americaboos, played by a minority of people who like fighting games among the minority of people who own an Xbone there.

I've been in contact with the Japanese Skullgirls community in the past and it's really small. They have good players and are passionate, which is what matters, but the botched initial console deal and very-late arcade release makes so that their player-base is mostly PC-fighting game players. Their community is likely bigger than the KI community, but still really small. They do seem to get a lot of attention from Labzero though, likely because they get off on knowing that about 30 Japs actively play their non-japanese game.

RWBY is the only one that got some popularity because it ended up on TV and garnered some fans - one being Blazblues's director. But RWBY conforms to Japanese aesthetics and narrative tropes to the point that it feels like a Japanese product so it doesn't make optimistic for products who don't fit that mold.

I don't know. I think this have more to do with support than it does with aesthetics.
I mean, one of the most relevant animes/mangas from Japan is inspired by an Australian movie. But the way some estern games are sold there is the problem, IMO. In Japan, you need to launch on more consoles, you need arcades, and you probably need to know how to sell it there. Most developers here don't really get that yet.

Puppet characters are fucking aids, I can't think of a single puppet character that's fun to play against. e.g. Eddie, Zappa, Jack-O (borderline puppet char), Carl, etc.

Medical disinfectant and dried blood, add a slight hint of rusted iron

Taking away points seems to stop after some time? What the fuck, the guy got up 2 ranks (from GM to Marauder) and I remained at Grand Master as I started, that's weird. I'd have kept fighting the guy way longer if the game didn't suddenly disconnect, but whatever.

Also why does Mark insist on changing my ID so frequently?

Oh lordy lordy

No sweat?

The jchensor shit served to remind people that most of the #capcom old boys are still the same dick-suckers they were back in the IRC and even before in the alt.games.sf2 days.

At least now he is getting paid for the capcuckery instead of doing-it-for-free like he and the others did in the old days.

I have no clue who any of those people are

why is koishi doing that?

sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

can't argue with that I guess.

So, would you consider Fantasy Strike the middle ground between super casual and more common fighters.

That what Sirlin wants but wouldn't mind more execution

Doubling down. Only thing these dumbasses known how to do. Well that, and loving the taste of corporate cock.

But on to better things - any word on when the SamSho V Special port is out?

All I know is Oda is gonna be at some Jap convention in the next week so we might hear about it then

Filipino Champ and Justin Wong. Geoff the Hero was a Youtube troll who used to make fun of people and the FGC until he became a sjw cuck like his role model Maximilian. Geoff had a decent SF4 Cammy back in the day.

Hmm.

This model isn't turning out as well as I initially hoped.

Some images of how it currently looks vs. how it's supposed to look. Keep in mind she's supposed to be the "Hugo" of the game (I.E. our massive powerhouse character).

you need to simplify things. Also, are you blind sculpting or using a reference sheet in the background to get the proportions and anatomy right? If you don't have a firm grasp on design and anatomy you need to hire somebody to draw up a front and side view.

I consider it a game that is supposed to appeal to casuals by insulting them, saying they're not smart enough for real fighting games so they made a dumbed down game for them. On top of that, it's boring as fuck and seems to take itself serious - which is to be expected by anything made by Sirlin.
Also, it doesn't bridge anything - it takes a long time for someone to learn decision-making and footsies in fighting games, far more than it takes to master execution. Especially considering how limited the game is - it'll be like moving from checkers to chess.
All it's going to make is a frustrated played that "knows what to do" but can't do it because he can't execute - which is already common with Smashers who move into FGs - because none of the muscle memory they got transfer as the game doesn't follow most of the conventions for controls that are common to the genre and the input buffer is so big that even an idiot would be able to combo.

I'm not the one sculpting it. This is an art test from a prospective hire.

I'm a 2D artist, I can draw up some orthographics for him.

Well, dos have a good point. Where are the side and front references? I mean, you need to provide him, since he probably is not used to these bodies.Hell, you could even build the idea of the body using Daz Studio. But if you can have an artist doing the anatomy right for modelling, would be much better.

I'd do that and see if he does any better. There are some glaring proportional and anatomical issues there. As well as some form and design flaws, but with a character sheet to work off it's hard for many people to mess up aside from bad tapology.

I've given him some front and side references from existing material I have. I've been meaning to draw some but I've been a little bit busy with life problems.

Sorry to do this, but if there are any draw anons interested in drawing some orthos of Milchi to help me out, I may be able to reimburse you a small fee.I drew this for her face. Contact me on Discord if you're interested. PsychoJosh#2917

Those are also 3D models with stylized anatomy, I'm not so sure about using them for reference.

Those models are just examples, you can mess with their anatomy easily. I mean, you can mess with those models quite a bit, and maybe give him a better idea of the forms you want.
But I know an artist that is pretty good with anatomy, he even published some books on the matter. I will talk to him about it. You want Front, back and sides, right?

I think this is the most common modern problem: People do not engage. They think there are simple solutions to everything. Like that old DA 2director saying that every button you press something cool happen. People are forgetting the feeling of training and discipline giving you access to your goal. Games like Fantasy Strike are kind of the result. They want you to think you are doing something cool, when you know you are not. You are not even skilled in pressing buttons.

Sure, that'd be great. Thanks a lot. Does he draw in anime style? Because that'd be a plus.

I also have more references if he'd care to get into contact with me on Discord.

Pretty much.
Pic extremely relevant to this subject.

Preach

I just got into Virtua Fighter and quickly fell in love with it, and it's really making me rethink accessibility in fighting games. VF is easy to learn but incredibly hard to master. It's the easy to learn part that makes it so satisfying. For instance, Lau has an incredibly easy combo that flows really well: p,p,p,k you can mix this up by a down k at the end which is easy to pull off and feels just as intuitive. For new players this sets up a pretty easy to preform mixup that they can use against players of similar levels in order to learn the game. It makes the game fun even if you don't know anything about it. Considering this and the incredibly helpful training mode this series offers and it makes for a game that isn't dumbed down but it isn't incredibly hostile either. VF in my opinion is one of the harder fighting games since it's fast and there are a lot of things to consider and react to, but the game isn't obtuse with shit like links that you have to learn in order to form a simple combo. Meanwhile shit like fantasy strike just throws a skill ceiling out the window making for a game that has no high levels of play. It's pretty much a stepping stone and once you're alright at it you move onto a different fighting game. basically if you're bad just buy VF5 and play it with a friend who is also bad and you'll naturally figure out the various counters and intricacies to the game.

I'd like to give a big shout out to the South-East Asians and Taiwanese players keeping UNIEL PC Netplay alive.

Sorry for lagging you but the 3 hours of non-stop matches were fun.

SEA here
any other games you encounter them?

I'd join you but I can't go back to UNIEL after playing UNIELst. Mika is too fun and Vatista's new buffs lead to some fun combos.
I hope the PC version isn't too far off from the console localization because I rather play on the PC than PS4.

Some of the guys I spoke to played Melty and Blazblue, some on Central Fiction, others still in Chronophantasma Extend. Also, they were talking about KoF, but I have no idea which KoF they played.

Whelp I'm about to get back into GG how good is my girl Baiken in Revelator? She was my favorite in XX but I'm nowhere near competent at these types of games.

she's a big girl

do they have a discord?

Have fun, user!

I want to play UNI[st] but I don't really feel like buying a console and a new stick for just a couple games so I'll be here waiting for the PC version to hopefully come out in 2018.

Meanwhile I'll keep practice UNIEL, since I'm ass at the game, and maybe I'll be half-decent when it releases.

Is that image supposed to be Umbrella after a lot of bad days?

meterless guard cancels are gone, Baiken in general is worse in Xrd than she was in the XX games.

I'm sorry.

You motherfucker.

absolutely disgusting

Revelator's Baiken plays completely different from XX. It's a fun character but you'll find her pretty different.

I don't know, I just went in adding people. Someone posted a link for the new discord on plebbit.com/r/unib - it's the newest post I found. You can look for the author of the post on Steam with the same name.

You can always find some people playing UNIEL at night (your time) though. Just go to network mode and play ranked waiting on training mode or search for rooms on Player Match.

Hey, blame Zaimont, not me. He's the one who left it up to democracy and let people vote in dudes.

Virtua Fighter should be everyone's go-to game for 3d fightan instead of Tekken
*sigh*

Got to play SF2 at an arcade today. Didn't get challenged by anyone since the only other people there were literal screaming children, but playing the single-player mode was fun, even though it was WW and I couldn't play as my main. The controls were strange, though. The stick was so damned stiff and required such precision that I could barely pull off a Sonic Boom or a crouch block. Was this always the case with the old machines, or is it just a sign of the cabinet's age?

It was both mildly entertaining and sad to watch kids give up after their first loss on the Marvel Super Heroes machine right next to me.

Time flies, huh?

Well yeah, fuck the voters and especially fuck the ones that wanted the shark. Your joke was funny though.

I'm probably going to end joining that discord someday, any attempt at looking for a lobby gets either nothing or a 1 bar.

I hate this the other moves are just make sense, but I can't wrap my hands around holding a direction and then snapping in the opposite direction. It just doesn't feel right, that aside how does Revelator have such a great training mode, that thing in the middle that tracks your motion inputs is fucking great in figuring out where you're failing on your inputs.

And what happened to the English VA's in GG? I know that something happened regarding Blazblu's VA's but I didn't think it would extend to Guilty Gear as well Not that I didn't just switch the VA's back to Japanese the moment I could but still

what

SF4 produced a lot of salt, I bet you won't see stuff like that so often now.

He's referring to Fist of the North Star, which takes some cues from the Mad Max franchise.

I still hate the Gay Pirate so goddamn bad.
I know it's my fault for not being quick enough on reaction time, but fuck he enrages me.

Well fuck me I had no idea.
I'm a huge fan of both but I never made a connection between them. In retrospect it's pretty fuckin obvious ey.

Who are you playing? Some characters like Venom need certain tricks to pull off some things (mostly vertical charge stuff) but others like May might as well not even be charge moves. Depending on the character you might not even need to use it that much in neutral, so you just hold downback/back during combos only. Charges are very short in this game compared to other games (I know May's charges are 30F). Just play/practice for a bit, you'll get used to it.

That was around the time of the voice actor's strike iirc. English dubs are trash anyways

I only ever come to these threads to download images of ass and titties.
Hell, that's pretty much the only reason I come to Holla Forums.

That's what I've been doing over the past year

That's some nice Pottery, my good sir.

SF4 was so much fun to watch because of all the personalities and play styles

Always have a pocket Ryu, then you can play in any SF game

[email protected]/* */ loves the pc version

[email protected]/* */'s DoA page have you covered

one kick girl

Can who ever programmed lobbies like this after being completely fine in rev 1 off yourself.
I've tested this 10 times now, it's ensured you get softlocked, why add issues with your online.

Will there be a Last Airbender 1 vs 1 fighting game?

Basically, VF was always what Fantasy Strike wanted to be. One thing with VF which is amazing once you think of the game's reputation, is that with the exception of a few characters (and that only involves max damage combos anyway) once you breach that skill ceiling and leave the scrub level you notice that there is very little difference execution-wise between mid-level and high level, it's all in the mindgames, decisions etc. This is why Akira especially gets the "you need to have a doctorate" meme even though as an Akira main I've never really felt like this is the case. His only really tough move execution-wise is the infamous just frame knee, but unlike say the Mishima's EWGF in the Tekken games where knowing the move is absolutely essential, you can actually do just fine without it when it comes to Akira because he's got 666P which is arguably the best move in VF5FS. Additionally, with Akira, he's got the shortest move list in any game and he has no real strings, so he has very low mix-up potential from strings. He is also extremely linear, so sidestep evades are his other real weakness, especially since he has no full-circular moves, only half-circular and if the opponent evades them on the correct side you're left wide-open. His strengths, however, are an absolutely insane damage output and the fact that most of his moves are quick and powerful, yet safe, thus to be good with Akira you don't need to know frills, after you learn his pitifully short move list the things you have to excel in are a very good ability to read what your opponent is going to do, as well as being good at reacting to your opponent's habits and throwing them off their game.

That 2 on the left looks like Jheri from Dead Rising 3

I want to see the James Chen interview. Do you have a link or will I have to go digging on plebbit?

Posting some relevant caps.

I didn't realize how widespread the "everyone can do everything" until my family had a hybrid rental car on a recent vacation. Obviously the way the electric engine hands off the work to the combustion engine is designed for cosmopolitan yuppies who want to SAVE DA EARF without actually doing anything besides driving an expensive car. Despite that, the actual mechanics of it were so far removed from what an actual car is like that I feel anyone who learned how to "drive" a Toyota Prius configured like ours wouldn't be fit to "drive" many actual cars.

Ignoring the push-button ignition (which is a feature you can choose to have, and which we had no control over), the stick was in the bottom middle of the front console, underneath a slew of screens and crap. The screens would monitor your driving and give you scores at the end of each driving session displaying how efficient you were; I know of at least one friend of the family who completely warped his driving habits around this readout, which is a pretty shocking change for someone as old as he is.

The stick itself protruded horizontally from the dashboard console, and was literally too small to be effectively gripped: it was simply a plastic rectangle. It also didn't stay in place, so if you wanted to switch from P to D, the stick would snap back to its original position after you did. If you wanted to switch from R to D, you couldn't - instead, you had to move back to P, then to D, but because the grooves for the stick were three prongs rather than a simple, single groove (like my 18yo car), you had to move into P, then let go, THEN shift into D. It was like a fucking toy, except it cost $30,000 and you could kill people if you handled it wrong.

Oh, and there's a button on the face of the console to shift into P from whatever gear you're in. Just in case the fucked transmission was too tough to use.

It is on his channel
twitch.tv/videos/163985355?t=41m53s

Dude don't you remember when fighting games died in the early 00's and we were stuck with shitty, absolutely godawful games like KoF 2002, SoulCalibur 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Tekken 5, Guilty Gear XX, DoA 2 etc.? It was the worst! Me and my fellow Capcucks were forced to cry while jerking each other off!

It was like another shoah, my temple-mates and I decided to do a Legend of Legoya 2 playthrough using SF names for the characters. Shit was so shekels.

Sirlin always thought that the kind of mind games that VF has were the holy grail of fightan. What he fails to realize is that you cannot get to the end point of something while skipping all the things that you'll eventually need to appreciate the experience.
VF execution isn't really hard, but it still takes some time to master and while you're at it you're working on polishing other skills, like your reactions, your spacing, etc. You're building the neural connections, assimilating the concepts and creating a mental library of experiences that that will allow to partake on and appreciate high-level gameplay.
Skipping that part - as those simplified fighters want to do - will only create frustration, however, once they realize they have not seen the real deal. The only people who will make the jump to more rewarding fightan experiences and work to git gud are those who are unusually mentally tough - and those wouldn't even need a dumbed down fighter in the first place.
Here's a shitty analogy for what I want to say:
What we should be trying make to grow the community is make more people realize that they can build that fitness and they'll be better for it, rather than just offering people opioids for free.

It's called gamification, you can search for it on your favorite search engines. It started with research in the field of education for keeping kids interested in education and to achieve more by bringing the mechanics of video games into the classroom and the exercises they do - you basically built a skinned-box, but rather than make you buy a WoW mount it made you build up your math skills.
Then they realized it also worked on adults - especially on the field of language learning.
Then they realized that it can be used for more than just teaching kids math or teaching people another language - it can be used to reeducate people in different life habits by turning everything into a fucking behaviorist experiment.
Shit has massive Orwellian potential.

Let me turn on my Capcuckese-to-English translator:

C'mon chink, everyone knows the only reasons you and anyone else plays SF is because the money. That's it.

Nice desune

I wish I saved the article for it. Basically one of the bigger arcade center chains in had took all they're least popular cabs wiped the game off them and replaced them with more popular games. They downsized all their USF4 cabs to 2-4 cabs per center, while VF5:FS, Blazblue and a few other anime fighters got loaded into the old cabs. Then you got shit like Club Sega in Akihabara where one of their buildings has more Skullgirls cabs than USF4

/fgg/ might be more up to your speed. That entire thread is filled with people who prefer foregoing actual fightan discussion to post waifus and sniffs instead.

Is Under Night still active on PS3? I got the disc from a friend who bought a bundle of games but isn't interested much in fighting games. I'll give it a try and see if the Late(ST) version is worth getting when the NA version comes out.
Who would you recommend to someone who likes characters with larger than average limbs
and fireballs. Don't mean giant limbs like dhalsim, just that they don't have stubby normals. This will also be my 2nd anime game that I actually bother to learn as I previously tried GGXXAC+ but I wasn't a big fan of all the air dashing mobility as I like to play grounded more.

In my experience Tekken is the most popular fighter in Europe, there are some exceptions like SC being very popular in France, but Street Fighter was never really that popular in Europe, it only seems that way because like it's the case in the US, Capcom injected a lot of money into tournament prizes so everyone wants to become the next Diego translated: wants to get a lot of cash. The big difference with Europe however is that we never really got a big arcade culture, so the all the pressure of creating a scene was entirely on the players themselves to organize themselves and create tournaments.

Merkava. Very few people in UNIEL have "stubby normals" though, as it's the land of Full-Screen Normals. Note that he does get nerfed in [ST] but justifiably so.

didn't even know they played skullwomyn in japan. Arcade owner sounds pragmatic.

Ah somebody else gets it too.
Also i think Europe is very PC oriented and fighters only really made an appearence on PC in the past couple of years. Tekken 7 for example is the first in the series to have a PC release. So, slowly the european FGC is building up.

>you should play Street Fighter not because it's good, but because you have an obligation as an (((FGC member)))
>kappa's efforts to raise money and send players to tournaments don't matter because they've (((weaponized charity))) as a political ploy
What a pillar of confidence. Christ.

Are you wunna them white nationalists, son? That sounds like mighty dangerous thinkin'.

wew

It's not a big scene, but there is at least a small active scene.

Yeah, LAN parties and such was always a specialty of Europe, which is why RTSs and FPSs are particularly popular here, for example my best friend was in the top 10 CoD 2 clan in the world and I only found that out when we started going to high school and the reason I found that out was when he asked me to translate something into English because it was related to some tournament, don't remember what it was exactly, I think it was to prove that someone wasn't cheating or something like that, but it might have been about anything since I had no idea what half the terms he used were and had to ask him constantly to figure out how to translate something. It's basically as if I got him to translate something into English and used fighting game terms through half of the text.
Anyway, the reason why there's an actual scene for fighting games in my town is kinda bizarre, you'll figure out which general area of Europe I'm from because that kind of shit can only happen here. A guy basically opened an "arcade" in his garage, completely illegal of course, but it's not like our police or government are actually effective at figuring out anything beyond giving out speeding tickets. The "arcade" consisted of him hooking up a bunch of game consoles in his garage and you could play whatever game (all of them pirated of course) you want on any console he had for quite cheap, I think it was on per-hour basis. Even kids who had those consoles went there because they could try a game out and then get it afterwards (the guy got him the pirated version and even modded consoles so they could play pirated games, of course). After a while, the only games anyone ever played were competitive games of all stripes, be they football (or soccer if you're a burger) games, fighting games, stuff like Timesplitters or Goldeneye multiplayer etc. because that's the most fun you can have with competitive games, playing with the AI is shit and when you were alone you'd practice things you printed from that FAQ you found when you went to the library to go on the internet to look up how to kick the ass of that guy who can do all of that crazy shit.

Those were a very good read. The paragraph about being "the best in their circle" describes my experience to a T. Once I stepped out of my comfort zone, did I get a reality check.

I come here for the discussion but I like the opportunity to look around the crap I've hoarded and leave some of it.

I get that impression too. Probably because it strikes a balance between FG bullshit and dudebro aesthetics.

uh oh.

So they're pulling a Alex on this?
"Here's the character you wanted so bad. Enjoy!"

Can't help but think this kinda shit is statement by the devs.

Those are horrible ways to justify a company releasing an incomplete piece of shit like SFV or a half-assed piece of shit like Tekken 7. I honestly rolled my eyes with some of this stuff (ignorant as it sounds).

Reminder this is the same company that hates the West even if it looks like they're trying to be more open to the West. Weeabos will still justify Jubei being a shitty character like Capcucks defen-wait, no one really defended Alex being shit-tier, did they?

Are you retarded? The pics are talking about the mindset of somebody who gives a shit about competitive games, and how that separates them from the casual masses who think fighting games are dumb because "combos kill interaction." Like, what? The first cap is talking about fucking Splatoon multiplayer, how the fuck do you think it relates to SFV and T7's launches?

Nah man, the second pic even says that a home release of a fighting game absolutely NEEDS to balance singleplayer content and 1v1 competitive balance and not just do what SFV and Tekken 7 did and just release it to be "ready for EVO" because in that case, what's the point? If a game has barely any singleplayer content then I won't have fun just fucking around because you can't fuck around and I sure as shit won't play online because if I want to git gud and I mean really gud, I won't be able to do that by just playing ranked online.

Not directly but EH always likes to roll out a "article" about YT video of X player using Y bottom five tier character; which tends to be Alex most of the time with Kolin sometimes but only because Poongko uses her.
THE bottom tier appears to be irredeemable outside of waifufaggotry though.

Online never mean shit in terms of being good. At all.

Another reminder Jurifags are still on suicide watch thanks to Ono and Sjws.

The shilling for it was too blatant. Even the KF fightan is better.
Also

She's a lot better now. Has one "mostly even" match up. With FANG.
Climbing those ranks!

You know their tier lists and matchups are decided by votes from their userbase, right?

It seems like SFIV had way more low tier heroes than SFV.

It seems consistent with the pro opinion, which is that she's awful. I know Infiltration tried to use her on the televised even SFV had a while back, but he got washed by some nigger playing Balrog.

You'd be surprised how many people show up in tourneys here who act tough because they're good online and then get demolished soon afterwards, it's just because getting good online and getting good offline are two completely different approaches and you can see it clearly in the way people who are used to playing mostly online get demolished. They lack consistency and match-up knowledge because they don't play long sets against one person, so they just learn whatever kinda works generally against most of the cast because in an online setting you rarely play against the same person multiple times and then have trouble adapting when stuff that works online don't work offline due to that lack of consistency. I don't begrudge anyone who plays online, a lot of people here who had this happen to them are humble enough to admit that they aren't hot shit and have become good players down the line, but a lot of people also become really bitter because of it.

Their userbase is mostly SFV players. It's the one thing where the site is reliable.
That said, JP has other opinions on the matter.

I remember something about Infiltration pondering that but don't know how it went.

LOL

Assuming these are accurate, why would you make a game where the go-to learning character isn't good? I realize that V has many more problems than this, but what the fuck?

Impressive

Also

Why is this a problem again? Character designs like Taliesin, Adam, and Leduc were really good. Plus I never bought that 'Skullgirls means only girls in the game' meme. Give me a game of mostly sexy women and the occasional dude to give some more variety in the designs.

I miss old Baiken. Didn't even play her a lot in XX but the changes to her gameplay and design make me worried for A.B.A if she ever makes it back.

t. FChamp

From what I gathered, Ryu got nerfed with every update, tumbling all the way down.
The updates have been a trainwreck, instead of balancing the game, they just 180ºed everything - Nash and Chun went from top to low-mid while Boxer and Guile went from crap to top and Laura swapped places with Mika as the 50/50 bullshit character. The only consistent thing is Alex and FANG being shit.

I never played Baiken or GG (I kinda want to play Rev 2, and pick up Bedman or Zato unless they suddenly feel like bringing Kliff back from the dead). How's Baiken worse? Kappa loves her.

How are Nine, Susanoo, Terumi, Arakune, and Bang if I want to go back to BB?

That does play a role but IMHO it's more of a mindset matter.
Lobby players do tend to develop the idea of long-term adaptation and so do ranked players in smaller games since they often get matched to the same opponents repeatedly, but there's more to offline than just actual gaming skills.
Offline is an entire different beast - you're not in the comfort of your home for starters - and most meetings these days always happen to invove some sort of competition so there's additional pressure to perform.
There's also other factors such as people spying inputs or being able to hear your controllers - it helps one to gauge the emotional aspect of the other player and it becomes another element to the game. And that's not taking in account the matter of latency and how it affects the experience playing in a no-lag situation
You have to be self-aware and being able to manage yourself not only physically and psychologically, but environmentally too. That's understandably too much for someone to manage at once, it can be a bit of an overwhelming experience.

They had another update during the Steam "beta" (note: train wreck) that did nothing to fix the balance .

Is Skullgirls a ponzi scheme, where the buyer's generated by that kusoge makes owners actively shill the game in order to have others to play with?

Yes.

That's everyone playing a non-major (i.e. non-capcom, non-NRS, non-Namco) game.

Oy vey, play UNIEL, it's a good game and I need people to play with!

You guys should play a real mens fighting game like digimon rumble arena 2 instead.

Yes, but it's also just indicative of low-playerbase fighting games. Fighting games are already niche, and if you have a niche fighting game on top of that, you may have problems finding appropriate skill matchups and growing your community because people run into the wall of The Thirty People Who Play This Religiously and so they turn into a cultist and evangelize their game. This also happens to people who like good games that are under-appreciated. Of course, if you're in the cult you might also consider your game to be a Good Game That's Under-Appreciated as well.

Everyone just wants someone to play with.

Susan is gimmicky and has many poor matchups. Terumi is still good. Arakine has more tools if you missed the last iteration. Still has very fixed combo options.

Nine is a monster but also has fixed combo options but because she can combine elemental attributes into spells and there are clearly optimal ones.

He was one of the few yurop players too. What a shame.

Doesn't seem like a native though.
We're talking KoF here, right? The EU lobbies are, well, rich with diversity.

I actually stuck a (((steam sale))) copy on a separate account, and just "family" share it to other people (i.e. people who I don't think will be receptive to more complicated inputs) so they don't have to buy it. The idea being that I can then get them to play better games once they're used to doing quarter circles for nearly everything. One day Gayben will find out I haven't been putting money into his wallet and attempt to destroy my anus, but until then I'm fine

Otherwise yes

Android 17 confirmed for FighterZ?

She's top tier in my heart

Just let it go. Say your goodbyes and treasure the memory of the good times.

Speaking of dubs, some madman made a dub mod for CF

blazeblue? like some guy literaly just did all the voicework for the characters?

(checked)
Tier lists dont matter to me anyway

Just add you there.
eltonbm#8702

Hilda is a dangerous, huge cute.

Looks like a copy paste of some CPEX files.

They were never your waifu if you don't stick by them even if they're low tier.

Tiers are shit anyhow, just play and learn how to have fun.

You two are OK.
While I'm sad she was forgotten again, I'm kind of glad they didn't made her unproblematic, like they did with the other girls that are not an insect.

Isn't Chang kind of good? I mean, that ball can be troublesome.

Shill a game in order to have more people to play with is the only forgivable shill in my book. If you do that, you probably believe the game is good.

You're right to be grateful that she didn't get fucked.

Actually, I only posted Angel because it looked like she was also checking digits and I wanted to start a theme of fighting game girls checking 'em, but I realized I don't have any of Whip doing that.

He's not shit, but there's better options. Anyone with a projectile can poke him well if you don't play safe. It's only if you have no good ways of getting in/beating the ball that you can start to have problems.

closest I got

I can't tell if that's supposed to be Whip or Franziska von Karma, but either way, have a best dad in return.

I think he might return if they make a second game.

That make it two of us. But I think A.B.A chances are slim.

I really with the whole electric theme from Laura would be used in different ways. And Nadeshiko was such an weird choice too, I mean, if they wanted to do that, it would be better to go crazy, and give a tag for every character in the game, no only Mika.

I'm trying to get better with Zarina. I see potential in her, but Capos like her can be a bit weird to master.
And for Sheeva, it's funny to think they would cover her on the game, but only her, since Goro kept most of his classical look, and Kintaro too, in the comics. Only sexy females are haram, I guess.

Since Leona didn't really killed him or her team, I would say he did a nice work.

I'll be honest. I lost faith in L0's capacity to design characters after looking at Eliza and Beowulf. To be upfront; I'm casual scum. The only fighting game I ever committed anything resembling lab time with was Guilty Gear on the wii of all consoles. I don't know how to articulate this point and I could just be outright wrong but I think Beowulf and Eliza are poorly designed characters.

Eliza has a gimmick surrounding Sekhmet and Beowulf has his chair on/off stances as well as Hype. But outside of the chair I don't really see people using those character specific mechanics much. Sekhmet is combo filler and not much else, the mode itself has only normal attacks and armor. Compare this to someone like Valkenhyne where his wolf form isn't a complete character, but has a number of specials to give him some flavor and it doesn't feel stiff to use. Also having Sekhmet consume super meter instead of giving her a dedicated Gauge is a confusing decision to me. Sure she gets the trade off of hyper armor at the cost of meter, but then all it does is make people not want to use her but for a single hit confirm and I can't help but feel like this was all an effort to cover up their dev time as I recall there were issues with meeting deadlines for characters. Losing the original idea of blood pools wasn't bad, but feeling like they skimped on Sekhmet because of time feels pretty bad.

Beowulf's Hype mechanic on paper seems like it's supposed to be something close to Sin from Xrd where he want's to stack hype to get bigger payouts of his specials and supers, but in design it's only used for maybe one super and not much else. His chair stances feel fine to me though so maybe that's his primary gimmick and hype is just a vestigual element. But once again, it feels like they had an idea but didn't have the time to fully implement it or something.

I like the designs and very brief character descriptions available. I don't even do well with puppet characters of any variety but I'm drawn to them just as much. I would like to see them make those other IGG characters a reality, but I don't know if they can actually deliver characters I would find enjoyable because it feels like they have good ideas but not great followthrough with their second wave of characters. Maybe the time constraints of the campaign factored more heavily into this as I think their initial roster was well designed.

I already gave up on Zappa once it was made known to me that he'll probably be completely different because the Japanese don't like his current playstyle. I don't even know if they like A.B.A over there so odds are she'll be forever absent.

I'm glad chun-li isn't in the games I play since whatever game shes in tends to be shit due to waifu pandering. you'd think street fighter would sell well based on the square mile of cum she's created

I want to be Chun-Li's bicycle seat.

What is the program used for that third picture?

So FANTASY STRIKE is just a low-rent VF? When's VF on pc?

I'm playing VF Haha

See
Was Chun Li ever bad? In ST, she was strong with the charged super glitch and speed. In SFZ, was fast and had a reliable AA in upkicks. In 3rd strike, nuff said. in SFV, her s1 version with air lightning legs were so good.
In mvc3, it was her swan song
youtube.com/watch?v=5Rws8PTp6BA

fuck Garou feint cancels, they're fucking hard.
fuck em, I'm done with that game. I've never been this pissed off at failing at performing a mechanic.

user, just boot it an neo-geo emulator, set the rom to console mode and use training mode. Or download the iso of the PS2 version and use and try to get used to it.
Practice makes perfect user, you can do it! And the tell the game "I DID YOU COULDN'T STOP ME I'M FUCKING GODLIKE!" and feel awesome.

nah, spent more time then its worth already, If I can't execute the amount I want, I'm not gonna enjoy the game

I think it would be really smart for Fantasy Strike to use two different commands types. It didn't need to be so simplified.

It's the old version of this one: daz3d.com/daz_studio
It's free. Kind of shareware really.

Amen brother.

They can't because then someone with full control of their character who knows what they're doing would beat the ones in simplified mode and letting the casuals' fee-fees get hurt goes against the core idea of the Fantasy Strike: being a dumbed down game for retarded people.

What if they're horribly rewritten and redesigned?

Current build of SFV. Mid-low at best.
MvCI. Not even fully invincible zero start up reversals can redeem that godawful model.

I could never get the PS2 version to emulate properly. Too many graphics errors make it unplayable.

That was fairly obvious if you ask me. There will probably be the android trio with 16, 17, 18.

Just play Grant if you can't do them

Her gameplay shouldn't change your love, user
As far as story and costume design, as long as she's still the same character and we aren't talking about some reboot that changes her character entirely, it shouldn't matterThat said, you can still be upset at the dev team for being complete cuckold hacks. Thats perfectly reasonable and I feel your pain.
polite sage for waifufaggotry

I still find it hard to believe that literal broken character and DLC character on top of that hasn't been fixed yet. I never cared about tiers, but it's very understandable why she's low and it's completely justified thanks to Crapcom's incompetence.

I think what that user meant to say is that you should let go this shitty game. SF5 is shit and will stay this way forever.

So I've used a gamepad for my entire time learning fighting games. And I want to try out a fight stick because I consistently have troubles with half circle + forward motions like in Guilty Gear XX and this happens for any controller I use with the exception of a logitech F310 (probably because of the raised D-pad).

I also want to maximize my ability to use characters that require buttons to be held mid combo which is very hard to do with controller.

Is there a pricing guide for cheap fight sticks? I am looking for something with PS3/PC compatibility.

Don't fall for the 200$ memesticks. Toptier parts are easily jammed into whatever most shitboxes available. Just make sure the PCB isn't garbage and supports your desired compatibility.

I understand that and Im not trying to say it is, I play T7 mostly right now. she's the only thing that keeps me coming back, even if its is seldom

Qanba Q1 or whatever they have around $80.

Dusted off my PS3 and started playing VF5:FS again. Not sure who I should main, was thinking about going with Brad or Eileen

Eileen for the waifu factor.

Bunch of resources. Madkatz no longer exists as a company but I have one of their TES2 sticks and it works fine.

Cheap is definitely what I am looking for since I just want to experiment with using a fight stick. I could feel good about dropping $60-$80 on a stick and I don't need anything glitzy or fancy looking. But I notice that this stick is E+ for input lag, Should I even care about that at this point? And is that something that can be fixed with swapping out parts?

If you really want something just to try out the motions, then I don't think it'll matter. In the event you like using a stick and want to play with one regularly, then you should probably invest in a better piece of hardware, either in terms of the base price or by upgrading the parts.

I don't know if you can fix input lag by swapping parts - my guess is it'd be handled by the cables, which can't be swapped, or by any connecting circuitry, which also can't be swapped. I'm not the right guy to ask since all I did was buy a Madcatz TES2+ secondhand because it just werks.

That ranking list is shit.
The VLX is only in S-tier because of visuals.
The Sega HSS-0130 comes with generic buttons soldered to a godamned pcb. That's on par with the C-tier sticks. It's only there because of the visuals.
The Fightstick SE and the WWE Brawlstick are the same thing, literally that's placebo effect on them.
The Q1 is better than both because the generic Qanba parts are better than the unbranded Sanwa parts that theyused in that.
The Q2 is a full featured stick and has better everything than the SE stick.
The Q4 RAF has a smaller PCB fail-rate than the Round 1 TEs and Eightarc actually replaced your PCB in case of failure during the warranty, unlike MadCatz. Hell, the Razer Atrox has a worse quality track than the Q4.
The Konami Hyperstick is great - is a full featured stick.
MAS Sticks were shit - people just didn't knew better. PCBs were prone to failure too, and the parts were bad.
Kikimaru is a faggot plebittor who knows nothing about electronics and is massive scrub. He just aped nostalgia threads and product hype from people who never bought the godamned sticks from SRK and arranged it on a list without any care or consideration.

Dude, that doesn't really mean much.
Xian and Tokido were evo finalists of Evo 2013 with the Mad Catz Fightstick Pro. All the lagging sticks in that list still lag less than those. Besides, the PS3 and PS4 sticks won't lag noticeably because of the polling rate of the usb ports.
You may eat a stuffed move out of 20 if you wire the two controllers to the same button and have the two characters jab each other repeatedly like they do in tests, but in real world situations this is likely to be a non-issue.
Also, if you're playing on PC get the Qanba Carbon, the updated version of the Q1, or try to find an old Q1 for 360. X-Input is worth it for PC players.

Feel free to make a better one, then. I saved it from a thread four or five months ago because it was the only reference anyone seemed to have.