MP vs SP

Is multiplayer a lost cause?
Is singleplayer the way video games are meant to be played?

Yes

Maybe get some new pals to play vidya with. They don't need to be your close friends.

catfriends.

Hi, wanna be vidya pals?

I prefer singleplayer, but the truly enlightened know that LAN > matchmaking shit.

I'll be your friend OP. On a separate note, what's your stance on cute dicks?

Singleplayer is always the best. Unless it's the type of game where you benefit from other random players helping you. Plus singleplayer can get boring if the game's story or atmosphere fails to engross you.

Foreplay and ambiance. Get out of here you fucking faggot

Storycucks go home.

Best is competing against other people in a primarily singleplayer game. How's it called? SP-MP?

Good gameplay can't save a game if it's too story heavy and the story isn't interesting. I'm far more of a gameplay first kind of guy.

Prime example, MGS4. Great gameplay. The entire hour of it. Problem is, it's an hour to the six hours of cutscenes.

love it when "multiplayer" games can only be played with an arbitrary number of people.

Yes, exactly. A lot of Japanese games do that. Too many cutscenes or just joyless dialogue that gets in the way of the actual game.

Pls user, no one likes a storycuck. Especially a storycuck that doesn't mind putting the gameplay in the backseat to tell a shitty story.

I never said any of that, moron.

what are even some decent multiplayer games to play nowadays?
Some things caught my eyes but I absolutely do not want to pay a dime for a multiplayer game.

I'm saying that's a one sided example for obvious reasons. It's like saying Gone homo home is a reason why a good story will never replace gameplay. It's cherry picking.

every time
rts truly is fucked

serialplayer.

I mostly just play co-op shit now because I tend to get chest pains if I play competitive too long. I didn't have this issue when I was younger. Doesn't happen with every game though but better safe than sorry.

Simple. Somewhere along the line MP games stopped being about having fun and started being about how much you can be an epix troll, purely about maximizing your k:d ratio at the expense of passing up other tactics or loadouts that would considered more fun to the player, or just a skinner box to grind out your next skin/weapon/sticker/achievements.

Join PvE MP master race.

Well, we can discount "competitive" multiplayer, but I do enjoy multiplayer that can add things on your singleplayer experience, there's Journey and Dark Souls back then, the first giving you a mysterious being just like yourself either aiding you or needing of help or vice-versa, the latter where you find tiny little hints and the fucking invaders.

Playing exclusively with friends or a group of like-minded people is fine. Make sure it's a game than can accommodate the size of your group though.
Online MP with randoms is a pile of shit though. Avoid like the plague unless you feel like griefing and trolling. Also, automated matchmaking is cancer.

This is where matchmaking becomes a necessity. While it's certainly hit and miss, matchmaking is still your best shot at a game with the balanced team necessary for a challenging but winnable game.

Sadly, the devs have abandoned LAN.

I like multiplayer a lot but all the games I actually really enjoyed playing multiplayer in are now long dead and I will never be able to enjoy them as I once did. Only limitation of singleplayer is your own attention span with replaying something you've already been through over and over.

Since we're on topic of shortcomings of multiplayer games.

It's not even a matter of gitting gud anymore, one screwup and you're done in some games.

Other team probably kicked the dude you're knocked down too, so it's all fair I guess.

I had this but mine took a different root later on

I liked playing WoW alone. Every time other people were involved it reduced my enjoyment of the game. They either skipped all dialog and quest descriptions, if they did quests at all, or took 15 minutes to read half a paragraph of text before setting off to get the god damn boar livers. Other people would just fuck around and god damn idle in taverns for hours and hours, like, nigger are you even playing the game MMO's are comfy because there's a lot of real people running around, and you gain the feeling of existing because of it, but just like the real world it's overall much better when you don't actually engage with those real people running around. The only time I enjoyed actual interactions with other humans was running into random players from the other faction while out questing and having an impromptu battle.

You think that's bad? Try playing TF2 MvM.

I only ever played MP in LAN parties or split screen so i can talk about online play
All i can say is that console vidya went to shit the moment online MP became the norm to shoehorn in every game

Especially when they started releasing "games" that were literally MP only with no SP component or campaign at all.

I must say i did find the Titan Fall launch hilarious

At least the devs learned the lesson and made a good SP campaign in the sequel but i will always sham them for launching a MP only game

relying on a team is never not going to suck
teams exist to cover shortcomings and inherently punish the achiever
even in a perfectly equal skilled match devs intentionally build characters with deep flaws so your picks determine your capability, not your skill

the only form of multiplayer that is competitively viable is 1v1. we've known this since the invention of chess. no team victory will ever be as sweet as a personal victory

This fucking shit right here.
Nigger you ain't speed reading, get fucked.

Other people in mmos can be shill, for example exploring high lvl lands with low lvl chars with some random faggot you met on the road. Or going raiding with some twats you met in front of a dungeon, getting to know them and going raiding regularly lateron.

Then you're forced to join a guild to be able to even continue playing. At first it's actually pretty fun, being called to defend villages from being raided by the enemy faction and shit. But then the guild gets bigger. And good luck finding people to do low level raids then. It's all number games after that. You can either do the same dumbass endgame dungeon all day every day until a new one opens up, or be left behind.
And even then they already have plugins that shows the way forward, know all of the attacks, bosses and drops, and kill every sense of exploration.

The best way to play matches is to always is to have your friends make the entire team except for one person. Then you can all blame the one random asshole for anything that goes wrong and not have any hard feelings.

WoW was the end of social aspects in MMOs not because of the game itself but because of the faggots who played it. Can you blame people for not wanting to socialize with that crowd?

The group with no friends is legion mate.