What happened to good vidya for children anons...

What happened to good vidya for children anons? Have you noticed that children are almost never the target audience of vidya anymore? The only companies I can think of which are making video games for children are Nintendo and SEGA. Where did all the colorful and charming platformers and other type of children-targeted games go? Is the new generation doomed to playing shitty mobile games and minecraft constantly?

It seems as if the games have completely abandoned children, with younger audience moving to playing Chinese sweat-shop mobile games, Minecraft and shit like Call of Duty.

Is no one slightly worried about that?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FZyCp
archive.is/Vy3df
archive.is/HvCPe
archive.is/V1Nnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do understand your point but do any of us played only "family-friendly" or kiddy stuff when we were kids?
That's not to say there is nothing for children around, Lego games, Mario, Rayman ( I'm surprised he's still around while many of other mid/late 90's mascots died horribly) and sheit.
I myself started gaming with games such as Crash Bandicunt but I also played a lot of Tenchu, Onimusha etc.
There is still a lot of these types of games around, it's just that they are not the main thing anymore. you don't need a top notch character action Collectathon/platformer/whatever to have a sucessful platform today but you needed it back then.

Kids these days are obsessed with playing "mature games for mature gamers like themselves" and thus usually shun any charming game for bullshit. Plus, every game is designed by market-testing focused committees which know kids want "mature" games, so they make "mature" games for these kids; usually to the detriment of the game's quality.
First example I can think of is the game, Overstrike, which started as a more lighthearted fun shooter but market research revealed that all the targeted kids thought it was too "kiddy" so it was rebranded into the grimdark shitheap, Fuse. Despite adapting to the market, the game was a failure regardless.

skylanders
littlebigplanet
roblox

any game series tied to cartoons

the only reason you're blind to them is you're no longer the target audience

Most kids I know only play minecraft.

I actually wondered about that as well. I think got it right, alongside
concerning the "target audience".

The overflow of game marketed towards young players was the simple result of the core demographic back then being young players, because video games (console titles, to be more precise) were not established as an acceptable pastime for adults. As the target audience now has aged to its late 20s or early 30s, you get Kratos and other edgelords instead of Disney games.

This. I played Crash Bandicoot, Sonic, CTR, Spyro but also played GTA, MoH Allied Assault, Soldier of Fortune etc.

I started playing games with mostly child-friendly stuff and then moved on onto more serious stuff Now I enjoy both, because why the hell not? Some of the stuff produced for kids is actually quality media

Forgot about those, aren't they kind of the same deal every year though? Stopped paying attention to them, are any of them still worth playing?

As I said, besides Nintendo

Last Rayman game was 4 years ago user.

Is it even good?

3 was three years ago, is there a fourth one coming?

Wouldn't exactly call it that but alright.

I'm the quoted.
Also, we treat children as babies instead of just letting them decide for themselves. I played Kiddie games when I was a kid but I didn't played them because that's what was given to me, it was because I enjoyed them as any other game. That's the right thing to do, don't label the game as "for kidz" or "mature", good games have no age restriction when it comes to enjoying them. I can go from Crash, Gex and many others to GTA and Bayonetta because they are good games, labelling a game for a specific audience is the most retarded thing a dev can do.
Long story short, just enjoy the vidya man ; ^)

Children have to nag their parents to buy things. Manchildren just spend all their neetbux on entertainment.

Shit, I meant "for a specific age demographic".

Most children are playing games on smartphones and F2P games on laptops, consoles are dying and developers need to adapt or they will die.

Instead of a successor to the 3DS and Wii U/Switch, Nintendo should just begin a distribution platform on IOS, Android and Windows. Pretty much their own Steam. Releasing a smartphone controller that isn't complete shit would help as well.

But user, children ARE the target audience for gaming. Focus groups are done with 12 year olds who complain that games aren't Call of Duty enough, and AAA titles are mechanically dumbed down so that the child-like state of mind exhibited by the retarded masses and their journalist overlords can understand them easily.

MAKE BETTER GAMES THEN FAGGOT
I'm waiting.

Young kids play cancerous microtransaction infested mobile games now. I babysat for one and he constantly thought different outfits and shit would be locked behind paywalls. This is the future of the industry. When these kids grow up they'll think getting endlessly jewed is the norm.

Kids are raised on our consumption of media, given the leftovers of what makes the most profit. It's a cultural war fueled by sales, and each generation gets more and more compartmentalized.
Human interaction is just a trend now. Nothing is genuine anymore, even sexual relationships are packaged and stamped with profiles. An entire generation believes that it is unique, that the world chewed them up and spit out something beautiful. But they're still the same day-dreaming fish in the bowl like their parents, unwilling to give the homeless $10, but will pay the same for a rainbow latte.
Not only is the next generation going to live in a happy fantasy land, it's going deeper in the rabbit hole.

This is how I know I'm not part of that gen, and I didn't realize it until you mentioned it, I'm more modest about it and don't try thinking higher of myself as often I guess. I've helped folks who've asked me for help, granted, most of the ones I've helped have been people who've looked like they are actually trying to get ahead in life. I even talked about writing a BOOK with one, he was into robotics when he was young, and he even caught me off guard when he told me not to curse.
He was a pretty conservative, battle hardened person, what a guy.
Now you're gonna get butthurt lolbertarians screaming about how they're being 'guilt' tripped by you because they didn't willingly share their money, but not really, yet they'll still look for something to be offended at. Just you watch, you'll get at least two angry responses by the time this thread dies

Also, it seems we are actually SLOWLY crawling out of that rabbit hole. People have slowing grounded themselves again, which is good, I call it; The Trump Effect, but eventually it's going to be out of his hands in the way that he won't have to encourage people to have values, it will just happen by itself, like teaching your kid to ride a bike and having her/him ride it by itself.
archive.is/FZyCp
archive.is/Vy3df
archive.is/HvCPe
I could only find one that tried rebutting it, but it wasn't so in depth, regardless of length
archive.is/V1Nnw

My parents knew about the ESRB rating system and mostly enforced it.

Those drugs and alcohol sure will help them out. There's a reason charity groups always give them food/shelter/drinks/medical care and not money.

It's not about what they do with it, it's about making him feel better for giving it.

He'll feel really good when he uses the money he's saved to OD on Heroin :^), I appreciate your idea but the fact is a lot of homeless people have problem with drugs or alcohol, and enabling this by directly funding it isn't helping them out. You're little fuzzy fantasy of feeling good for the day because you were the only guy in a crowd to "help" a homeless guy out when everyone else ignores him is nice and all but it isn't actually that great a thing to do. If you actually care contribute time to helping the homeless in your area in general with volunteer work, flinging loose banknotes at them doesn't make you some paragon of virtue, although I guess actually being willing to talk to or interact with s a homeless person puts someone ahead of most normalfags.

The fact remains many millenials and gen Yers are unwilling to face the harsh realities of their community and instead pledge their focuses on people they'll never meet, or places that don't exist.

Post more pictures like that.
Preferably not for ants too.

Here's the thing. If you go to San Fran or some other pozzed liberal hellhole, libcucks can make upwards of $25/hr or more just by begging on the streets. A lot of them are fucking homeless by choice and just crash at a friend's loft for months on end and have open relationships and shit. It's disgustingly degenerate.

Then on the other hand, you get homeless people who just spend whatever money you give them on booze or smokes. Waste of money, they aren't improving their situation and are subsisting on gibs.

The best way to help is to do things like prepare food or volunteer your time. That way, you can guarantee how your time/money is being used

Never heard of Minecrapt?

I volunteered my time since it was a high school assignment. It felt seriously pointless and inconsequential. The next time it came up, I just took the 0.

Kids are attracted to freedom. Most games geared towards children are restrictive; they have less freedom than mature games because you were limited in mechanics and you couldn't go out of bounds. With Crash, you basically run, jump, and melee attack. Whereas in Minecraft, Roblox, and CoD, you have the ability to run, jump, melee attack, and shoot.

Play Lego Rock Raiders. It's a good strategy-game considering what it is.