Dota 2 - The International. Groupstage Edition

Streams:
twitch.tv/dota2ti
twitch.tv/dota2ti2
twitch.tv/dota2ti3
twitch.tv/dota2ti4

Then watch this stream instead.
twitch.tv/dota2ti_newcomer

Or just check it all out in-game like a cuck.

Schedule:
dota2.com/international/replays/

We hype for some dotes, anons?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/dota2ti_2
twitch.tv/dota2ti_3
twitch.tv/dota2ti_4
dota2.com/play/
archive.is/ddyEz
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/13149272.html
archive.is/WuxEu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crystal Maiden lewds or get the fuck out!

I wish Valve never tainted this WC3 mod.

pls no deport, I have 'em here

But, Mister President, everyone knows that Windrunner is best girl.

shit, time flies

Anyway, predictions? My nonexistent money's on liquid

OG

speaking of predictions:
This might even be fun to watch

op is retarded it's

twitch.tv/dota2ti_2
twitch.tv/dota2ti_3
twitch.tv/dota2ti_4

Он пидар.

Why is core Veno so damn good this meta?

Thank SEA

Alright, I'm going to try and play this piece of shit game. What can I expect?

Slavs of all varieties, and south Americans if you're a burger.

First thing you need to know is you are really bad at it

A horrible experience if you're going to play alone

THIS SHIT GAME FUCKING DESERVES TO DIE ALREADY AFTER 7.00 AND IT'S FINALLY DYING, PLEASE FUCK OFF TO REDDIT OH WAIT NOT EVEN REDDIT LIKES THIS GAME ANYMORE

Your team is going to be made up of the worst humanity has to offer. If you're lucky the other team will also be made up of human garbage so that you will have a chance to win.

Team based games online always struggle with getting good pubs. Dota is no exception; the most you can do is not play ranked until you're good enough to hit around 4k. Shitheads are there too, but thankfully not as much as before.

Valve has almost completed the final touches on ruining this once beautiful game. The magics simply gone. I can barely even muster the will to give a shit anymore.

7.00, and all the micro casualization that eased everyone into it, was a fucking mistake.

I never understood that line of thought
People thought iron talon would make everything a jungle hero but it turns out it doesnt it only makes retards run things they shouldnt on the jungle and fail miserable on mid game
Shrines activate 5 minutes into the game and they only work defensively if there are at least 3 people using it, 1 support running away from a gank and hitting the shrine alone only gets to die 5 seconds later than he would've
Scan is horrible and it only works to know if you're being chased
Talents simply add more abilities to heroes

Whether they are good or bad changes is debatable, but it doesnt make it casual. If anything it's just more layers of shit you have to learn. The new hud is horrible though, the upper bar was useless but the new hud could use a 1.2 scaling

i kinda like the new hud but it would be nice if you could change the scaling for it or change it to the old style hud, also fuck junglers roamers are way funnier to play

I could go on and on about all the little things that contribute to the casualization, but this is good enough. Eat your faggoty fucking heart out, Reddit. The game's shit now, just like you wanted.

We only do this for Dota once a year for TI. Don't worry, you'll be back to your regularly scheduled shitposting in literally any other thread on the board right now

If you manage to get past the legion of screaming South American retards, you'll be in for thousands of hours chasing cheap thrills and getting nothing in return. Seriously, go find a different game that's actually worth your time.

Games are starting by the way. A few hours ago

What is wrong with talents? Everyone just say it's a bad thing because reasons, it only adds to hero scaling like stats at level up. It helped many heroes become more powerful and be relevant again, meaning there's a huge hero variety instead of 20ish hero pool per patch

Same for the items, why are they shit? They are not free, they take inventory slots and they delay other items. Dragon lance and pike help ranged agility heroes who've never had anything better to buy. S&Y is downgraded on ranged heroes, only works decently on drow and if the other team's bad, manta is shit as a first item. Raindrops is specially good for strength heroes who had nothing to buy until mid game, and wind lace is another item that makes supports slightly more effective without having to wait 30 minutes for a core item. You talk like they changed the game drastically and they were broken, they only fill new roles. Every time a new item is added it's the end of the game, happened with arcane boots, happened with tier 2 travels, happened with glimmer cape, happened with greaves, etc. Most of them dont have stats bonus and the old builds with old items are still the most effective save for 1 situational change like mandatory glimmer cape to counter necro

If you think resource management has even been hard you've never get past 2k. I'll give you that resource management changes help the newest of players, but then again you get full hp and mana if you're retarded you'll go waste it all in a second and you're back with 0 mana and low hp. Consumables not cancelling on any attack was a bad change, that's true

I almost exclusively play support, there is no fun on being unable to play the game every single match. Even if you win, there is no challenge, no fun or reward on being dead half of the match and hiding the other half because you cant afford to finish a bare minimum of one item to survive, one force staff, or even finish brown boots. As it is at the moment, if you dont die and farm when you can you can get one survival item along with constant supply of wards

Spell scaling is insignificant, it only does something on high intelligence heroes who might buy lens (basically pugna or a very retarded qop), or heroes with a spell amp talent (again only one case where it's really relevant iirc, jakiro)

Spell lifesteal is a joke and it never works on any kind of build

It makes no difference. It took me a couple of trial and error matches to figure out where it was best to plant wards and to learn camp stacking/blocking is a thing, back when I started. Camps havent changed, towers havent changed, wards havent changed

Illusions still work, but you cant rely on winning a game just with illusions anymore. Either coordinated teamplay and pushing or a master draft that benefits naga/drow/luna and sd

There are bad things on dota worth criticising right now that arent I dont like the game anymore

The diretide with the Roshan boss at the end was the final straw for me. Rip KotL, you will always be my favorite support by making sure your carry support never runs out of mana and being a late game pushing shitlord after you get some boots of travel.

funny that you say this, because Valve nerfed him hard. For some reason Valve hates supports.

Kotol was too good, being able to use both spells on the enemy as soon as lv 2 was really broken. Same thing happened with cm

i finally stopped playing after that hots talents patch but i'll watch the international. it's one of the few esports things i find entertaining

Anyone watching the stream can explain to me what the fuck is EE doing

The same thing he's always doing.

No he wasn't. I already had over 200 games on kotl when Valve decided to nerf him. I am way to drunk to tip this out right now, but nobody was complaining about him until that one patch. Can't remember which one. He is one of those "op when you play against him but underpowered when you pick him" kind of heroes. Same with Huskar. He got nerfed HARD for many patches in a row but suddenly he was OP. Meta changes and people notice new things, doesn't mean its op.

After diretide kotol has only had buffs except for that recent mana leak nerf so I dont know what to say

I don't remember what exactly was wrong back then. I assume in 6.87 something went terribly wrong. I remember Timber being OP, he was picked every game and kotl is a counter to him. I bet that was one of the reasons why kotl got nerfed. Because I have a shitload of games on him, he is my most played hero and nobody was ever complaining about him until that patch. Same with Huskar, trash hero, nobody plays him, but then Zeus and Lesh become OP and suddenly everyone complains about him.

Kotl wasn't nerfed, the balance of the just got changed because icefraud has been fucking so god damn much with the fundamental mechanics.

Yeah it was 6.87. Mana leak nerfed but overall kotol was and still is really good on most situation. He cant completely ruin lanes anymore

Good shit

It's gonna be fun yeah

She's actually only flat because Valve fucked up her model's bones. This picture demonstrates what she SHOULD look like.

What the fuck is up with that.

It's kind of like watching other people suffer. No, I do not want to suffer myself but it's funny when others do.

You know shrines haven't been like that, right?

I keep thinking about why I come back to this game and the truth is simple. It's just that in-depth.

Most games, even good ones, don't have a world of nuance to them. Dota has so much that every match is different. It's a rush, a challenge that very few games offer, and it just doesn't get old so long as you're playing well

Is the reason for not fixing it because it could fuck up some cosmetics, or becasue Vavle is just incredibly lazy?

Both of those are laziness, so yes.

So how do OG win this if Juggernaut gets huge? Hope that EE baffles some scientists again?

Dota is stressful to play when you're tryhards get but relaxing to watch at its highest level.

That, and possibly also the political climate. Valve have managed to fly under the SJW radar (mainly by not releasing any fucking content) for years, and changing the flattest hero into the hero with the biggest tits would easily be enough to make that crowd start pissing themselves.

og doesnt win. Even with EE, their lineup doesnt have much to offer other than tusk ganks and sunstrike on axe call. Pugna's ward is the only thing saving them for now
Nevermind I have no idea what's going on

In what universe is a Lina getting Eul's a weird pick-up?

He already has blink and bloodstone there are better things to buy like the bkb he just got

I did imply that OG's best hope was the EE factor

holy shit EE

Oh, shit. Serves me right for not actually watching the stream.

A position 3 Juggernaut. Because that makes sense. OG too strong for anime

So that's a position 1 pugna win. Invoker did most of the job honestly

Watching EE makes me mad I didn't realise he was playing a game earlier and missed his game 1. He's a treasure.

I suppose. I was 4.6k 2-3 years ago, but then I've gotten bored after a few unfair losses and stopped playing for a few months, came back to lose 600 mmr and then I lost motivation even more.

Always a good day when anime gets shit on.

I want C9 tp advance and be it simply for watching more fEEd, but becasue of him it's unlikley that it'll happen.

The Pugna plays in this game were amazing, that glimmer cape and heal won them fight after fight. Invoker certainly did more damage but holy shit.

This. Big Daddy's clutch plays guaranteed the Axe and Tusk were there to keep the 'voker safe and sound.

Also this intermission music is giving me some serious Hellgate: London vibes.

A moment of silence for the fallen. Necrolyte, Wisp, and Red Silencer.

F

A lot of nothing going on. Secret has to wait for pl and the other guys have to play around ultis

It's probably secret game

F

they were winning 28 mins ago

You sure are good at this game, son.

that was the point

Tusk is the MVP this game.

user you fucked up the links for the 3 other streams. There needs to be an underscore between ti and the number.
Correct links below.
twitch.tv/dota2ti_2
twitch.tv/dota2ti_3
twitch.tv/dota2ti_4

If mods could fix and cyclical like last year that would also be good.

What's the difference? Different casters? Where's purge

I hope Secret just wins fast so it's back to EE's games.

It's the very beginning of the TI there are 4 matches going on at once. There are different announcers and each stream has different fights.

Purge is spectate streaming with Day9, who's going to be the main stage host or something.

Yeah, my bad. I'd suggest waiting until we hit main stage to make it cyclical, but I wouldn't mind getting it earlier.

Different matches.

Wrong, they make you retarded and dull your brain
Especially torte de lini's guides, that dipshit mongrel.
Buy default recommended items/popular items until you learn what to build on your own through trial and error.

So how kikeish is the new TI compendium books? I was a very good goy and bought one for TI2 and realized how fucking stupid it was considering I had to trade or buy cards to complete the team trading card minigame in the back.

Very, but Reef's Edge is worth it.

If you bought them on release you were able to get all the exclusive rewards through good boy points.
I got 200 levels through challenges and achievements, then bought the weekend bundle, also good bets and richfags giving tributes.

I prefer immortal gardens.
RE is too jarring for me.
Still nice to have.

I am playing an MMO and getting into a fps with a "level" system. I don't need any more skinner boxes in my life.
Though there was something that really bugged me about UI skins that you have to buy/get good goy points. I remember when those were texture mods. I might just be getting too old for this shit.

Fuckoff back to whatever shithole you originally came from.

I guess you missed the memo that mods cyclical these threads once the main event TI starts.

You will experience the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. And let me tell you those lows are low.

Custom guides and torte lini's specially are really bad. I lost too many games because that torte lini guy said you have to build phase boots and iron talon on lc before getting blink, now all my lc players start dueling on 20 min mark

We've always been here. ASSFAGGOTS have always been posting on your favorite threads

I forgot this was a thing. Post them

GREAT AMERICAN CLEAVE

Threaten your LC jungle that you'll feed unless they change roles.
If they don't - keep buying couriers and send them mid.
If they're dumb enough to follow that mongoloid's builds, they'll be stupid enough to negotiate with terrorists.

I genuinely want Tuspurdo as a head item.

Can't wait to see EE get dumpstered on.

Drop your sticks you fapping fags, EE is about to fEEd on the main TI channel.

Have they made heroes like brew master, drow, antimage, phantom lancer viable yet?

Or is the game still unbalanced?

Did they nerf shrines yet?

no yes no

Drow, AM and PL are good, PL is still questionable

Game is the most balanced of pretty much any competitive game. There's 110+ heroes and at least 100 of them are seeing regular use.

Yes, they've been nerfed pretty hard, but they're still useful.

You're not even pretending you're a cuckchan crossposter.

And people have always told you to fuckoff

Last time I checked AM was only strong till late game and you had to have a team of idiots to drag something out longer then 30 minutes. Like people just went jugg manta and diffusal, it was the same result but with quicker pushing.

This thread only gets made once a year for the annual tournament. It's not perfect, but it's better than having a retard make a thread whenever cosmetics are added.

You're no better than the beaners at that point.

Do you have brain damage?
top #3 core of all time.

If he was afk at least the team would've gotten his passive gold.

Forgot to spoiler, pls no ban

No shit AM is good lategame, he has always been about the lategame. And AM is the most devastating of hard carries lategame at the moment; a hero with that much power, initiation and escape potential isn't to be slept on, and his weak earlygame is a fair trade for it.

No you posted bestiality you crossed the line
Hell it wasnt even good bestiality the dog was fucking the girl what the fuck

That's literally the only good bestiality, what fucking crack are you smoking

Horses fucking girls is nice too

The non homo crack

So considering most of the meta revolves around winning mid game, then yes antimage is still useless?

Atleast, thats how it was when I last played it.
There was too much mid game plays that ending it past 20 minutes was considerd pretty scrubby. If you had won the early game no less.

Sure, but it's not really physically possible (unless you want to end up like mr hands) which kinda ruins it for me.

Great success!
Please post your EE image macros.

AM's potential is that he can reach his peak really fast. He isn't the strongest lategame carry at all.

medusa is the new late game cancer

If you're going to act like a fag and get yourself reported, then why not just leave and take the penalty? It's not like you wouldn't end up in the same situation anyway.

Playing around Anti-Mage requires building for a 4v5 team fight scenario. The idea is for your team to survive fights and keep barracks up while AM spends 20-30 minutes jerking off in the jungle, which is doable if your team has some good crowd control. The real problem is when the AM kikes out and starts syphoning gold from both the lanes and the jungle.

all you have to do is enter and leave 25~ siltbreaker games because they're safe to leave and count as full games

Your team does need to be able to play 4v5 until Anti-Mage has Manta Style, but he's not entirely useless then. He's only useless until he gets Battle Fury; after that, he can rat and splitpush. Any little bit of pressure until he becomes godly helps a lot - 4 fight/1 rat is a legit strategy, and it's only a bad AM player who'll ignore it

Fukken gold

So when is EE finally going to realize how much of a waste of space he is and off himself.

When he stops making more money than you while being a pro and a weeb at the same time

Current year meta explained.

dat OG vs DC comeback tho

What the fuck is the EG draft

Saving strats for TI8

Fuckin hell, I didn't knew good dota lewds existed. More of that shit please.

Oh hell no, midgame isn't everything. Right now whenever a team takes the lead they have to play carefully to keep it - otherwise the losing team can capitalise and clobber them. Each phase is only as important as the teams make them, so stomps are earned more than not.

I prefer shitposting in this thread.

15 min till it's on again

Morphling vs. Antimage. How do we like this matchup?

Is mid Brew going to be completely useless after his ult stops being scary?

And Windrunner, even if that is sticking in the playerbase' mind harder than ranger.

How much more will Blizzard take from us?

AM can come out on top late with balanced mana burn and magi resist

I had to take a second look as to where I am. The reason being this isn't cuckchan, so take your shit game and the streams of it there.

did the games start yet?

Yesterday, and an hour ago

Aye.

Yep, OG getting their asses kicked right now.

Why oh why would you play Clock offlane? He is vicious as a support, but as an offlane he has to do way too much that he just can't.

Thank you greedy midget of economic miracles.
Reminder that Russian casters are superior, especially if you actually know Russian.

Good taste

Anybody watching OG vs Newbee?

No sorry, i got beer in my eyes and can't see shit.
using speech to text (^:

I fucked up by picking TNC vs Secret, didn't I?
I spent all yesterday on EG so I thought I'd vary it a bit.

That ending though

Picking Mega Creep on an official tournament should result in a permanent ban for crimes against entertainment
Watching dragon knight is so fucking boring, holy shit.

The Drow Ranger of melee heroes.

He's so dull he makes the rest of his team look boring. Meanwhile on the other side it's TobiWan's Katastrophic Kleanup Krew.

Drow at least dies quick and it's a thrill to see her assplode from a PA or anyone with blink.

Sorry man, I only watch RuHub.
Vid related
>Ethnic cleansing

Honestly when I play dota, I most play roam game with almost every hero, I get a few levels and bounce, and then go fuck up someone else, cause if you fuck up one guy in the game, he's now gimped and ready to feed.

The nyx plays, knew it was coming.GG, is right.

pub tip, with either talent and/or lens, pugna can damage towers outside the backdoor protection.

I'm loving all these pugna picks. Has he been meta lately or is it one of those heroes that gains popularly in a TI.

The latter, definitely. I think his utility was a secret weapon a few people caught onto and now it's gotten infectious. I definitely slept on him.

Latter, kind of like necro, but fortunately necro isn't as popular.

Oh, c'mon, she's based on a character whose main trait is having a flat chest! This is totally unacceptable lore!

I swear he's more annoying in pubs than Slark. The fucker doesn't die and I don't know what's a good counter to him. The best I've got that I actually like are Nyx, AA and sometimes kinda Jugg.

Tell that to the WC3 Sorceress

Lmoa

Nyx, Silencer, anyone with diffusal, slark if you can play, oracle, Outhouse decorator, lycan or dk in laning, pugna.
Against silencer necro needs purges so if he doesn't get greaves he's a double retard, eul's will put him further behind forcing to get a sub-optimal situational item.

Mean while og is tearing hell razors a new asshole.

Don't over exaggerate, my man.

Fair enough, still this is a pretty bad beating pretty much in any context of the game.

All part of the plan.

Watching cloud 9, vs virtus, already see a dark seer pick, I have to honestly ask this hero is picked at all. Like beside his sheld and speed boost, I don't think I've seen one person play him well, his whole gimmick is his ult, like I really don't understand why, it doesn't do a lot of damage, The only thing I honestly see it good for, is fucking with everyone in the middle of the fight by dumping a shit ton of fakes to throw everyone off, basiclly mass confustion.

Eternal Envy is ready to push the boundaries in the field of being a complete fuck up.

I've never played this but from what I'm seeing, a lot of the fags actually playing it hate it and the ones that quit are congratulated as if they came out of a fucking krokodil addiction.
Are dotafags the ultimate self-hating cucks?

Nigger wtf? The best part of Dark seer in the pro scene is ease of positioning both yourself and the opponents. You'll notice that in the current match that Dark Seer is with Anti-mage (always goes battlefury and ult is aoe), Death Prophet, and an ES. All these motherfuckers love for enemies to be grouped together, unlike your shitty gutter Dota pros can capitalize on this. Dark seer speed and shield are nice (especially for pushing) but honestly the weakest part of his kit on a pro level is his ult.

Let it begin

It's an incredibly shitty game due to you being incredibly team reliant at lower levels. This means time after time after starting you will get dumpstered due to teammates. Once you get to the higher levels it's pretty fun and amazing what you can do with the plays, anyone who bothers to play and never get out of the trench are self-hating cucks should quit as gutter dota is pure hell.

and i didn't even get repeating digits to ensure it happening.

Yes. the illusions are an annoyance that throw you off, vacuum is powerful setup for your team, few seconds of haste is great and the ion shell is another annoyance.

Nah. That would be goons.

What is this game

And EE got a Pipe on his Drow.

also i just noticed there fucking sentries everywhere just for sb doom i guess
everything to protect AM i suppose

Wew wee, I missed a lot of funny shit. Damn it, I hate when I miss stuff. Also.

not even the first time this TI

It's still going on.
Lich finished sb 25 minutes.

god i really hope AM manages to farm abyssal an d mkb and rapes the whole team

kek

shit i meant butterfly well they won already, fucking clown9 actually winning games

Wew

Fucking wow.
So what the fuck actually happened when did it all go to shit?

GETTING THE SUCKY SUCKY

That was quick.

so hellraiser is pretty much an no name meme team right?
doesn't look like the stand a chance

Yeah, that looks about right.

ex-prodota if you follow tier 2 teams

Do you just think that mods don't exist on Holla Forums? Are… Are you retarded?

Looks like that name isn't just for show.

you guys think c9 is gonna win again?

Wasn't that game their first win of the event?

Well, I think after that game, they have a good chance to win, vit trying dark seer again, I mean fuck it, why not.

Vp actually pulling some good moves this time.

Their sven has 9 cs/minute, which will be a huge problem for C9

Cleve too strong volo plz nef

10cs/min now
Thank you mumbly knight of absurd damages

Losing to Eternal Envy twice in a row would be too humiliating even for a meh team like VP.

What can change the nature of a man?

I can see why people like dark seer, pretty much he's a annoyance for the enemy team, armor shell movement speed, and vacuum, it feels like he be good with Yules, but I see why you don't also get it, basiclly you pretty much build mama and heals to buff your team up, vacum to fuck up the other team, and ult when you have everyone bunched up and stacking damage on everyone as your team attacks them. Basically dark seer is a fucking troll.

Why didn't he hang himself? He's an asian, does he have no sense of honor?

He wouldn't hang himself asshole, he take his fathers sword and do it that way.

He's probably a chink or korean.

He's shit is what he is. Man both games they played against each other both pretty much one sided.

Oh, forgot he's a disgusting canadian mongrel with no real identity.
That actually explains a lot.

I fucking hate Canada, fuck them and their's Dumbass Mable leafs. I hate them because they think their so above any american, "Look how accepting we are, open for everyone." Yeah, were not the person who elected a guy to spend all your fucking money piles of gold wasted, infact as of right now, america is looking the best out of the whole world, were not crawling with dirty sand niggers, and we for once in 16 years have a pendent who can do actually do something besides suck the ego out of his own fucking dick. I wish ebloa just killed everyone up their. Hope the dun kuns blow up enough to warent

Canada is a repulsive country full of disgusting people.
Talking to a Polish-Filipino hapa made me realize it.
An abomination retaining neither traits of parents' race, with no particular identity, living in an Asian "ghetto" in Canada.
Immigrants to canada never assimilate, because why bother? Just speak english at government facilities when you need something, and then go back to your district that will never mix with Asian, Nigger or Spic district.
canada is failure as a nation, because neither of 4 pillars required for one is present
I wouldn't mind open borders if the country would subjugate all immogrants into assimilation, still would prefer ethno-states like Korea, UAE, Israel or Japan
fun fact, Japanese immigration law has a clause where your citizenship can be revoked at any time for disrespecting the customs and traditions.
and there's a fuckton of customs Japanese don't tell outsiders about, so not following them is an easy way to get the boot, since as Romans taught us, not knowing the law is not an excuse for not following it

A fucking man brother, sometimes I wish we were that hard with are laws, fucking learn it you know, pretty fucking easy. I mean I am not a fan of japan, I am however a lover of old japan, the places cut off from the city's and such and are just mostly big small towns tons of customs and actually really nice people.

I would move to a old jap villa long as I know the language of the area, and knew someone there I could talk to and teach me more about the place.

For what purpose.

She needed her dally filling.

I seriously hope you guys are watching this.

I am now, the other shit I was watching was like a advance pub match.

Here's a question, kinda need to know. Who the fuck is the carry on infamous side.Razer you mean the simi carry right. I will say that is a damn good looking undying set least their's something nice to look at.

if only the french would rise up and reclaim whats theirs

Is this trade worth it?

Always wanted to try hailrake Medusa, Radiance, blademail sounds like fun but it's a very expensive build and it comes online way to late.

It's been too long since I've seen a proper 5v1 game of Dota. Good luck Ana.

I agree with everything this nigger said. Very nice post asshole. Fuck the other user who disagrees with him.

true. well said, the new mechanics don't feel thought or fleshed out. the game used to feel more like a good board game in the sense that the mechanics used to compliment each other. now, it seems like they're only adding mechanics for the sake of adding them. like there's no real thought put into them and it's more of a "see if it works" kind of approach.

When was the last time you played Sniper or Shadow Fiend? SF's more of a frontliner who depends on being greedy, whereas Sniper is nothing without his team. Dragon Lance doesn't change that: if anything it augments it. You'd have had a better argument if you were going for Lone Druid, because he was a better Sniper until he got nerfed.
You miss the point of the talents; some are supplements to a playstyle, others are optional plugs to holes in a character's set. You know if you're so good at mana management, you can pick the non-mana related perk and be even better at what you're looking to do.
Shrines don't work until the five minute mark, the time before all the significant bullying happens. They also have a five minute cooldown, and using them means your team doesn't have heal to cover their asses during a fast paced earlygame engagement, meaning they can't move as freely as a team that manages it well. So no, this isn't fair to say either.

Don't forget Lion, Lion and Lion.

>

I dont think I've watched any EG games yet, these guys are fucking scary. Or it might be secret's trash

You are as deluded as that lol forum user saying cm with a blink is the same hero as a phoenix with shivas guard

It activates 5 minutes into the game, by then you should be somewhere else, finishing the enemy tier 1, or just able to kill a hero without constant harassment
Now you're on the same delusion level as the youtube necro jungle guides

You and china are the only people who like 50+ minutes stalemate games. There's a reason why they started pushing radical changes after TI4
Yeah you might as well sit on the trees and leech xp who cares if you dont get last hits passive gold is enough right?

Again if you think this spell lifesteal is relevant in any way you're just proving you havent played the game for almost two years, yet you have to prove you know exactly how the game works

So you could just infinitely push the enemy with 0 disadvantages and stall the game for 30 more minutes, brilliant
What the fuck am I reading

No it's never been good, there's always been no fun heroes on every patch with ridiculous win rate, alchemist was cancer, tinker, sniper, invoker, etc. If anything, this is the closest we've been to good balance, any strategy well executed with a good draft can win the game. It hasnt been this good since 6.88, which was the last patch before this one

Just look at this draft, 3 years ago this would've been a joke, and next game's will be completely different as well

lol players and their devs need to be like that in order to defend their shitty knockoff.

kotl is best hero in dota.

The hero variety is something special. I figured that with 7.00, we'd have a small group of heroes dominating. Instead it's as varied as it was last year, with over 100 of the total characters being picked, and we're not even at the main stage yet. Really have to give props to Icefrog for this: it's nice being able to play pretty much everyone, and many of them in different styles.

Friendly reminder that dotards came up with ASSFAGGOTS to make fun of Riot shitting on the industry.

Thats one way to play, I'm saying he can perform Sniper's role but better with dragon lance (and he also has a perk). I'm not saying he can't do other stuff. Thats actually the point, that he can, whiles sniper is only a long range carry for the most part. Sniper with dragon lance is more of Sniper, SF with dragon lance is Sniper + SF. And the point isn't even about SF alone, an item technically removes the need of a hero.
Thats literally what I wrote. Why would you choose the slight buff to something that existing in your hero and will be much less significant when a slight buff to something that is a major weakness and more or less removes it? Thus proving 2 points, that heroes that had major problems no longer have them and that perks are retarded most of the time.
Is this an error or did you just raise and disprove this point in the same sentence?
If you can manage to use the shrine you were either attack on your side or the fight is a slog so you manage to get to it. Late-early fights where heroes' spells start ranking up damage but are still squishy end very fast. So you either die to a fight/gank or escape and heal up from the shrine. Are you stupid in letting yourself get ganked multiple times in a row?
What also is annoying about the shrines is that towers now also have less value because not having a tower much crippled your ability to TP across the map. Now there is almost no point in taking down tier 1 mid and tier 1 bot/top on the other side map mobility wise.
>

I never said that shit. I'm saying that the uniqueness of heroes is being compromised.
Are we playing the same fucking game?
Nice hyperbole. I never said that shit.
Oh no I enjoy playing the fucking game. Do you know where you are? Funny because you keep accusing ME for being a LoL player.
Again hyperbole. I said it undermines.
I never said it was amazingly significant, refer to above, and small thing here and there do add up.
Why is game knowledge suddenly some you should learn?
Pretty sure illusions dont last that long to handle multiple lanes. And last time I checked they die pretty easy.
A pointless mechanic that was covered by items.
It least it wasn't so bland.

It's both.

Sniper is an easy one for you to pick on since IMO he's weak in the current meta for other reasons, but either way, you're still missing the point. Yes, SF can be built around being a long-reaching glass cannon, but he can never be better at that than Sniper. Given the meta, items like Hurricane Pike actually make Sniper even better, since now Sniper's attack range can go almost screen-wide and beyond the reach of most heroes, especially with the team protecting him. That's more than Shadow Fiend can ever give. SF having an optional build to go into if he needs doesn't make Sniper redundant. You might like SF better, but that's wholly on you. It's your preference, not objective analysis.
Because you don't need it? Because the ways to get around them still exist? Git fucking good. You got around this shit before talents, you can get around it now unless you're a self-fellating 2ker.
I don't think I get what you're saying here, sorry. But for your last question, that depends; you're basically asking me how to offlane here, which is my preferred role. How do you do it?
Complete nonsense. Shrines give no vision and do nothing to stop the creep wave; those two elements are critical parts of map control. Towers are still the number one priority, with shrines being mostly a supplement at most.
I half suspect now I'm being trolled, because you're talking like you completely miss the point of being a support. The support. Gets. Nothing. They don't get CS, they barely get hero kills, and they're lucky they get bounty runes. They're too busy doing things that don't promise gold, like harassing, getting map control, constantly burning their networth on consumables. That is a massive amount of effort that grants no networth reward. Hence, the passive gain. You can't fucking tell me that makes supports rich, because we've had that passive gain for ten patches now, and they're still dirt poor by default.
What heroes do this? Timbersaw? Death Prophet? Those are heroes who are meant to be on the front lines anyway! Not every int hero is meant to be far at the back, much like not every agi is a rogue or not every strength is a tank.

I remember some actions like pros being in smoke, seeing an illusion and fucking attacking it with all they got despite the smoke obviously not breaking, and way more wasted ults on illusions. They fuck up too.

For some reason I think the former thing was someone from one of EE's teams, Alliance or some Russian ones but I could easily be wrong.

can we stop this retarded fucking discussion of the game pls
it's clearly not going anywhere
if you don't like the game in it's current state than why are you even in this thread.

By saying sf plays like sniper and more heroes can jungle now you just prove you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

No hero on the game plays like any other hero, and talents only reinforced the differences between them. Again,

Kinda hoping for some nice announcements like a new hero. Would that be too soon after Monkey King?

Anyway post your preferred new hero

EG and Secret can both play like TI title contenders, or like absolute trash.
It's just that EG is more consistent in playing well.
It's been a while that EG trew a game. iirc there was even a site that tracked how long ago their last throw was, becasue it used to happen so bloody frequently.

Wasn't really following LFY. Holy shit. 10 win streak.

Honestly starting the thread before the main stage was a fucking mistake.

Not really. It's been a year since his announcement. Also he was the be all end all of doto memes, so I really have no idea what they're gonna pull out of their hats next unless they decide to dredge up the Gambler.

If happens, probably going to be something related to water, or somehow related to second campaign chapter.

YOUR GAME SUCKS AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD AND NOW THAT FAT FUCKING SWEDISH CUCK HAD A BURGER VISA DENIED THERE`S NOTHING MORE TO ENJOY ABOUT YOUR ANNUAL SCAM CHAMPIONSHIP WHERE YOU PAY THE PRIZE BUT NOT REALLY VALVE IS THE REAL WINNER

you forgot your sage.

Ok whatever, I don't have the mental capacity to argue anymore. I'm going to try and meet a fucking agreement here. Also ignore my ID might have changed
Sniper still a ultra long range and he is just sniper+. While SF(as a fucking example) can do both sniper and and himself at the same time with a long range build.
My point is that one option is vastly superior to the other, not that you cant get around it. And the original argument is that there are a lot more resources now. Which there are because a lot of mana non-int heroes now have an mana option only tied to leveling.
I didnt make it clear, towers still do that but the fact that you can tp to shrine makes towers not that major in a sense as being mobile across the map.
I never specified that I was talking only about supports on this point. I was talking about as a whole. Getting bullied away as any role will be less significant as before.
Ok fine you win this one. I cant anymore. I still think the cooldown and spellsteal turn shit more into a spamfest

And being a better player isn't only related to your mechanical skills. I think having to learn more about the game instead of it just being granted to you add to the experience
Fine.
God fucking dammit. Im talking about the fact that with all this shit there is less uniqueness to different heroes not that they are suddenly all the same.

Nice shot.

I WANTED FAGGOTS LIKE YOU TO SEE IT NOW KEEP PAYING GOY DO`NT YOU WANT YOUR CUCKPEDIUMLEVEL TO GO UP SO DEM TOWERS GLOW FAINT SHADES OF RED HAHAHA HOLY SHIT PAY MORE 40 BUCKS FOR A GOLDEN HAT TO YOUR RASTA OR SOMETHING I DUNNO KID FUCK YOU HAHA

Apparently there was a data (((leak))) with a new hero name on a recent update
That is basically how valve announces things

several months ago someone on cuckchan d2g found lines of code in the game related to a hero named Sylph. Speculations are that it's some kind of air/aether spirit. also le redditz found it too along with ability names.

FeelsCroatiaMan

Probably this

Guess you're going to the Shadow Realm, Jimbo!

Yeah

whats the name

g-get on my little level

Simply epic.

Who did they lose to this time?

Why is there no lucha libre hero in Dota?

First game, IG. In the end EE got caught absolutely alone 50 thousand kilometres from his base walking somewhere, got killed without buyback gold and then his team got wrecked.
Get on ti2 channel, second game starts soon, and not watching EE is bad for thee.

Invictus gaming
currently, if I'm not mistaken they have 1 (one) Win.

And their sole victory is against Virtus.pro. The living definition of meh. Admittedly VP got their shit together for the second game, since losing to fEEd two times in a row is too much of an embarrassment even for them.

Maybe I'll hop in to see some fEEding. Reminder, he's the LOWEST SCORING FANTASY PLAYER. And he's a position 2.

I just like talking about the game, even if it does my head in sometimes. Didn't mean to shit everything up.

I respectfully disagree but I see everyone's worn out.

I can see how similarities pop up, I just don't think it's inherently bad, or all that bad.
You're right on shrines, but I think those are there to eliminate the Roshan advantage the Dire would often get. As far as map adjustments go, I don't think this was the worst way to do it, but that's me.
You're right, it's not as crippling, I just personally see it as a worthwhile trade. In exchange for recovering quicker, you potentially leave yourself vulnerable to a disadvantage later, or make someone else more vulnerable to bullying.

Let's take it easy and enjoy some dotes.

He was fun.
Unless you were on the opposing team.
I still think that a new spirit could be announced.
There were some text files from MK and Ember I think, that pointed in that way.
Also some art that showed the spirits adn had a fourth blank space.

Buissness as ususal then.

How bad will it go?

I like this actually

my boy grant casting it
This is gonna be a good curbstomp

EE better stops his suicidal tendencies or else he'll reduce my entertainment.

He's just teaching everyone what not to do.

wait really? that can't be legal. is it? are you talking about net or gross pay? over here in slo i believe the minimal pay for a full-time job is like 20€ gross but the state takes nearly half so net would probably be at around 12.

AHAHAHAH 44 minutes in, no buyback dead for 80 seconds

i was watching EG crush infamous

It was a sad game

Ig vs team empire is going,

Legion just baits creeps for no real reason and takes massive damage.

1 to five 7 mintues in.

Is there anyway I can check which characters have and have not been picked so far?

Wew, boy's. Aren't these guys suppose to be the "pros" Of the game, they sure do make a lot of pub mistakes. I don't know, that's just my take on it is all.

These are pros right, and not just some random people right?

Why are you guys so obsessed with the pro scene? I tried to watch that one core pugna match, but got bored half way in.

Is that a Jakiro mid? I just came in at the 11 mark

Did you watch last year's finals?

WEW BOY, this shit for real?

The fuck is happening is TNC game stream

Professional gaymeing

Oh boy, more of hellrazers autism, I wonder how they will lose this time.

I love late lategames

Hellrasor's are doing okay for fucking once, desided to have a brain cell and pick heros at their level of play. So basiclly stuns and nukes spam along with along with death profit.

sheet this game is good

This fucking game

I actually skipped most of this match, I just peeked in since OG were stomping. How'd it get this close?

THERE'S 4 HELMS OF THE DOMINATOR IN THE GAME

Calling it, Vitality wins by dominating 23 megacreeps and marching them down mid.
I love this shit

WHAT STREAM

DROW GOT RAPIER

Watching in game, the one with Godhunt as Russian caster

Number 3

test

Oh shit nigger 113 min 2 hour might actually be a thing!

So they all are basically waiting for buyback timers?

What the fuck man.
why.

They're waiting for the other team to go to toilet and never return.

What are they farming for? Extra fucking rapiers?

I think Vit is waiting for the point where supers get stronger than megas

assuming everyone can get a prize once, only 3995 rapiers need to be bought

inb4 weaver shucuckcheeses into the fountain and steals a rapier

There is no plan. We have hit lategame dota, the uncharted waters that no player understands. Eldritch horrors the likes we do not comprehend are what remain at this stage.

That is the 500 minute mark.

Alright there's no way we're going to get to that point, but maybe they can wait enough to supers being strong enough to not get stomped as easily?

So what can you do for ultra lategame content?

it's ogre

Some great things need to end

IGV vs empire what a game holy shit. 128 minutes what the actual fuck and they won against an AM holyshit

Fucking A

We did it, Invoker.

We truly have managed the Defence Of The Ancients 2™.

Absolutely crashtastic game, this is a game for the record books boy's let it be know IG are godly men.

In south east Europe anything is possible

Im a waiter, a dishwasher, an IT dude, the toilet cleaner and the floor scrubber all simultaneously for 2 and a half euros an hour.

Those truly were Warhammer®: The end times - Vermintide

Get six slotted.

Eat a moon shard, so you're seven slotted.

Buy backup items.

Buy extra couriers to quickly give you your backup items that you can't fit in your backpack.

Get your supports 6 slotted.

Get your supports moon shards.

Save buybacks.

Stockpile cheese from Roshan.

Always have a buyback ready.

Pray your opponents make a mistake before you do.

Love the stress, because lategame dota is stressful.

Anime dies if C9 drop a single game in this set

Christ.

RIP anime

Anime is ded.

dota2.com/play/

Seems like Valve really wanna bring new people into the game. Do you think they're going to have any luck with just this?

Honestly, i don't know what i expected

Is this game as shit as it was when 7.00 began?
Also strange that this isn't cyclical, all the other TI threads were.

Tree has been gutted even more and thats all that matters.

I kinda like Treant but man his attack speed is way too slow to be worth a shit whatsoever, you basically need a hyper to even deal any worthwhile damage with him, but at least it's cool to harass in early game.

I think Treant is great with Nature's Guise and orb of venom early game

If you look at his talent tree, you'll see that it splits up in support like mana regen but also damage dealer. LVL 10 gives him +30 attack speed so building items from there should be easy.

maybe closer to the end when more people tune in. it took us around 3 days to fill this one up.

Bruh, slow on w and q(even though it was gutted to oblivion) is insane. He isn't the one to do the damage later on only early because of the base attack damage. What I do is I get boots with starting gold which I make into arcanes and then go straight into agh for free wards. I usually don't get further and I don't need anymore anyway. Popping in and out of invis harassing during fight is pretty good.

Thread's slow enough that it won't need it until the main stage.

We're on page 10 though. 5 more pages and this entire thread is going into the shadow realm.

archive it then.
archive.is/ddyEz
this shit has already been a few times by me.
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/13149272.html

make new

When page 13, it's the rules

You make a new thread once the old one is on page 13 or has reached 700. This thread is still good to go.

Like tears in the rain, user

What do you guys think of this gattu guy? No idea how I ended up on his profile, but he seems to be total cancer. This has to be yet the most cancerous dota channel ever. I don't really watch dota videos since they are mostly cancer, but this is just pure trash. I first thought he was a 3k smurfing in, idk 1.5kmmr matches or something, but after watching his deso pudge gameplay I would say that he is lower than that. That nigger can't even armlet toggle. I don't really know at what point people learn to toggle, but I'd say this guy is low 2k playing in a party against 500mmr people or something like that.

Are you fucking kidding me? This entire fucking thread is dedicated to e-celebs.

You probably think speedrunners are e-celebs too don't you?

you do realize he's getting money from that post of yours, right? why no webm?

Well I don't follow the speedrunner community so I can't say anything about that, but what is the difference between some random youtuber and these pro players? Pro players constantly get trashed by the pubs and they are just as cancer as the youtubers.

Thank god we aren't actually watching it for them. At least me. In fact, the only game I did watch was that 128 min one, and I only caught in at 90 min. Watching reactions is much more fun.

[citation needed]
You do know these pro players have MMR in the upper 6000 right? Meaning, in fact, they do not get trashed in pubs, and I have no idea what the fuck you are on about.

It's okay, I am using a adblocker. Also it's not worth converting it to webm. Shit is not funny or in any other way useful.

CLQ has dozens of videos in which he shits on pro players.

This can end either glorious or in a disaster.

How will they throw it?

What do you guys think of stuff like hidden pool for "toxic" players?

What's a hidden pool

What, you mean the entire game?

Well some Dota dev or whatever once said that Valve matches "like minded" people into the same matches. It's basically like low priority, but in normal matches. Game tags you as toxic and puts other people who are tagged as toxic into your matches.

Do you never have those long streaks where every you get seems to be fucked up?

I don't think shit like that is possible to calculate, at least not easily enough to create a program for it right now. Low-prio exists for toxic players so I would say I don't believe this toxic pool exists and you're probably falling for a gambler's fallacy

archive.is/WuxEu
Also try this, type "developer 1" into the console, then "dota_game_account_debug" and you will see your behaviour score. Starts at 1 and goes up to 10k, 1 meaning you are total cancer and 10k means you are a okay dude.

Too good to be true, I dont get any value

That aside what you said isn't what the dev said. All the things listed in the warning given were not traits that are readily identified. Toxic in this case is people artificially manipulating match results or otherwise abusing the software involved in Dota 2. I don't think being a rude git is enough to get you thrown into low prio let alone this mysterious "other pool" (which sounds like low-prio anyway). Leaving matches, multiple instances on one computer, etc.

Then why do I get matched with screeching russian when I barely write and talk.

You spam pings? You get reported a lot?

I dropped from 9k all the way down to 5k and I was on a winning streak. Idk how this shit point system works but it is flawed.

nevermind, which one is it?

wew, do you suck dick all day long? How the fuck did you reach 9290 and managed to keep it there? I once managed to get into the 9100 range, but I was tryharding like a motherfucker.

no
Sadly fucking yes, and what fucking pisses me off is that every game I don't do well I get fucking mass reported. I've never trolled or fed on purpose but I still get shit ton of reports.

Main support that's how. And I'll tell you that score doesnt do anything, I rarely get griefers but there are just as many shit players, people doing blatantly stupid things like and going stupidly out of position again and again, so in the end you lose the same games

Come to think of it, it might be that I am 3.7, and also most of the games I lose are parties of 4.5 playing with their 2k friends

Oh and it probably was higher but I recently got 8 reports for some reason

Not working out for me. I got almost 250 games on kotl now, my most played hero, but people still report me. They feed their lane, asks for wards even thought the entire map is warded and in the end when we lose blame the lose on me the solo support. Get reported by 4 of them and end up in a even worse team.

.>>13168900
Are you fucking retarded?
Play veno, necro, zeus, QoP or shitty shaman.
buy courier, flying courier and a ward from time to time.

C9 actually won. Holy shit, anime can actually make it to the main stage.

It's amazing how much positive mental attitude can do in a game. Just not screaming or being passive aggressive at your team can keep them from tilting. Being the good guy can sometimes be all it takes to get the team's act together. It's not worth as much as skill, there's too many cunts in the top tiers to say that, but it makes a difference.

Nah man, I can't play those heroes as support. I tried getting into support mirana sometime ago, but not even that was fun. Support Necro/Zeus/QoP sounds even worse. Necro without items is lame, same goes for Zeus and QoP. They simply aren't fun to play without a level or gold advantage. At least in my opinion. And I actually have a shitload of games on Veno already. I build all kinds of shit, like radiance or skadi on him pre 7.00.

Kotl is simply my favorite hero because he is so much fun to play. He can farm thanks to his nuke, his mana leak shits on the enemy offlaner. Once he has scepter he can buy blink+gem and become a almost unkillable dewarding machine.

I ranked almost 2k mmr playing cm, kotol, jakiro and bane. It hasnt been easy but there's been games where I've won the game single handedly, one recent game I had to save our sven using kotol from 1v5 almost constantly

The only way this team could lose ti7 is against a tas tier korean team

I'd say that playing carry in certain games is more masochistic. You have to deal with the enemy trying to make your life hard and as if that wasn't bad enough your own team is messing up your game too. I am Rubick "support" for example. Buys courier but not a single ward because he has to rush a blink. Uses his nuke to steal last hits.

Annoying.

I meant heroes with carry potential that you can slap in safelane to try and spoonfeed a braindead, drooling retard instalocking core but when it fails he can carry instead of having 2 useless heroes.
t. 74% winrate as necro ""support""

what items you build on your support necro? I got 69% winrate on Necro and I hate playing him as support.

Venge, it was easy 2 years ago when I played position 5 and ended up buying butterfly, now you can become a carry with a decent amount of gold and talents. I've also played against support qops getting atos first item that did really well

greaves

You start wind lance, mango tango courier.
mandatory wand
arcanes into greaves, force staff, aghs, situational item out of the following
Dagon is a meme regardless of what you're doing
get two levels in aura, max Q, get 2nd skill on 4, 5, or 8 based on enemy lineup.
Blink is gay because you can't use it to pop linkens without even animation being played so enemy dipshit gets assmad in allchat about getting scythed.

What the fuck happened?

Meta shifted, i guess.
In LoL it's always SKT T1K winning world championships, lel

And these are the final standings after the groupstages.

Tomorrow, I play some dotes. After that, the fireworks go off. See you faggots there.

C9 sure picked up the slack today. New thread tomorrow.

I'd say save it for Monday, unless you know a good reason to have it up earlier?

I realized that the main event is on monday right after I reply
No bully

Well we are on page 14 now, so here is

new thread

new thread