Arms: balance patch never edition

Now that splatoon has captured the attention of the summerfaggots, there ought to be less disconnecting pussies for a while. That aside, arms has some of the most pathetic balance I've seen yet in a fighting game.

There is absolutely no justification in using anything but electricity and ice elemental arms, and especially the bird types (min min's naruto blade aside). Its even worse with the characters themselves, with Twintelle's ~distracting thicc ass~~ time stop effectively giving her two shields, Min min's aerial kick giving her invincibility frames in the air, and Ribbon girl's four jumps allowing a player to fix any mistake they may have made. I managed to claw my way to rank 11 with kid cobra, and I rarely see any one use some one other than the aforementioned three.

Supposedly the game has sold a total of one million units, so one would assume nintendo would at least make a partial effort to listen to player feed back. Then again this is the same company that made a career of punishing good players in mario kart, so I won't be holding my breath.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabqa/dashboard/ranking/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello ROB.

Of course the jewtendo apologist is the first response.

How so? The Blue Shell?

He was accusing you of being ROB, stupid. Either way he seems to be one of the autist savants trying to bring up ROB in literally any thread about Nintendo games to try and force dislike of the cocksucker lately. When in doubt, kick and shout.

Also treating Mario Kart like a serious game is laughable, referring to that bit about "punishing good players".

fire element is most of the time better than ice or electric unless you have 205 grab damage. the buff/bubb arms are pretty good but lower damage, lower super/rush damage. exceptions like seekies because they're pretty good.
ribbon girl has a fast fall, when you jump you can't block.

I'm well aware of that dumbass, but what you haven't payed attention to is that nintendo apologists throw rob under the boss as a designated target whenever anyone points out nintendo's bullshit, like the metroid amiibo debacle earlier this week.

The damage buff fire gives is negligible compared to the stun and grab opening ice and elec open up.

Rob is an idiot, but whenever he is critical of a game it's for the wrong reasons. This isn't rob, it's just some switch user. Stop using it as it makes calling out rob for the shit he sometimes does seem like a mediocre insult that give the switch users reason for their bad purchases and make them feel like the people are jealous.

kid cobra is more frequent in japan's top 50 than twintelle, ribbon girl and min min. however the best of japan is playing helix with two bubbs.

fire doesn't just give you extra damage, in general has a stronger rush damage than ice and electric.

I'm pretty bored with ARMS, honestly. I mostly bought it to play with friends
, but the unlock system left me with an unfinished mess of weapons to choose from, and more effort for every new weapon and every new character.
They should've learned from Splatoon and just kept pumping out variant weapons, and made it easy to get them and try them. Fire parasols, slime birds, shock dragons, anything and everything. But it looks like every new weapon is going to come in a set of 3, saddled with someone I don't give a fuck about.

I like to throw it on when people are over but I've lost the will to finish my weapon selection.

I haven't seen much high-level ARMS, but the dude in this video was pretty nuts with Helix. Definitely the top-tier pick.

Its a complete trainwreck thus far, and I doubt the game will be able to maintain its window of opportunity much longer to justify keeping programmers on it. At least the lewds turned out decently.

R.O.B would NEVER dare outright insult Nintendo Fans, let alone a Nintendo Property.

It's not ROB

What were you expecting?

how does the biology of this work ? are the arms bionic prosthetics? are the characters all androids or otherwise not human? are their actual arms stored away in a pocket dimension or something? are they wearing the arms as accessories, and their real arms are inside the twists or at their sides or something?

As far as I know it, these guys just kind of woke up with the arms, that's it

Canon is very loose at this point, but basically in their world the arms ability has always existed and some people just have it. No one ever remembers when or how they get the ability.

Mechanically, it seems that the coils themselves reside in the cuffs on the wrist and shoulders, extending and retracting from them in a spiral pattern (hence why all the rank names are spiral themed: drill, hurricane, pinwheel, etc). The artificial arms that Mechanica and Bite/Barq have appear to be constructed much like springs and motors.

I thought I recalled reading somewhere that the arms power comes from the masks the characters wear, which is why all the characters save for the girl in the mech have masks.

Sounds like someone needs to stop being shit at the game.

Like I said, canon is very loose right now. That might have been the plan originally.

What the hell does that have to do with his comment?

It doesn't take force to dislike ROB

Why do people think this is attractive?

I bet that if any other company that's not Nintendo would have tried something like Arms or Splatoon, they would have failed miserably. The Nintendo fanbase has to be most loyal fanbase on the planet.

Splatoon would've worked had it been done by another company, it'd be like Katamari Damacy. There have even been one or two copycats I think. The gameplay mechanics of the inked ground dictating offensive, defensive, and maneuverability is a very new interesting mechanic to shooters. I place it up their kind of like rocket-jumping and bunny-hopping.

Arms is a novelty but not really groundbreaking from what I see. I'd put it up their with something like Bloody Roar, it's ok but nothing to scream about.

I didn't buy the game, and missed the test punch, but I like fan art of this character

that's all I got

A+ for effort and deliciously squeezable hair

Red Shells are way, way, way more cancerous.

Mario Kart is pure cancer.

The UI design and online mode is fucking horrible. I don't understand how this can be made by the same guys that made Mario Kart 8 or even Wii which had a much better online mode 10 years ago.

That's the biggest issues I can think of. I don't even have any real problems with the controls or the core gameplay anymore and I had a lot of fun with the game at times. Maybe I give it another chance one day but right now I'm tired.

Ironically you can blame nintendo for this when they went full autism with the Mario RPGs.

Get a fucking life, Mark.

I'm sorry but get fucked.
Faggots like you turn smash bros into e-sports games.
Faggots like you create e-sports.
Faggots like you are why people seem to only value games when they are a "big e-sport".
Faggots like you are why we've been blighted with a decade and a half of MATURE GAMES FOR MATURE GAMERS SUCH AS MUHSELF development.

I fucking hate you.

Oh did we already progress to "any nintendo thread is one guy" shitposting? Damn, usually it takes a while longer before that starts cropping up.

Just like nintendo, they are 5 years behind everyone else. Don't worry. As you see, e-sports are dying now so in 5 or so years Nintendo will drop this attitude and we might get to see some games that don't get their fun kneecapped for the sake of "balance". In a depressing way, I feel a lot better about nintendo knowing this. It's like having the longest divination unfold before your eyes. If Arms is still around during that time I might check it out but right now i'm worried they are really in that e-sports balance mindset that fucked the wii u version of smash bros where balance was put first over what the roster should look like. For fuck's sake, they dropped fanservice for balance. Let that sink in.

Oh, I know there is a huge hive mind of faggots who "unironically" loves modern Nintendo jew dick. Keep sucking that cock bro.

And what games have you been playing lately?
Are they fun?

And you're sure sticking it to the company by shitposting about it on a Laotian shepherding forum, yes, I know.

You're a fucking idiot, though. Anyone who actually enjoys ARMS and plays it now and then knows OP is absolutely right and it also aligns with what I wrote here

Those electro birds are clearly overpowered and just no fun to fight against just like most gimmick shit ARMS. And the online mode is horrible with no lobby.

Imagine how much fun we could have if you could just make a lobby like in MK8 and everyone can join it instead of sharing 20 unique friend codes first.

How can this be the same team?

Ok then, what are the most broken arms and characters to you then? State your case for why Twintelle's time shield and those fucking birds aren't trash.

A good helix, whatever arms depending on the map and character the helix is against
leaderboards (jpn-based only) and because i beat twintelles for breakfast.
nintendo.co.jp/switch/aabqa/dashboard/ranking/index.html

That's another thing, there are no flat stages at all except for spring man's. You can be at a complete disadvantage through pure accident because the developers didn't have the sense to create final destination versions of each area.

master mummy's stage is flat until you break the center, spring man's stage isn't just flat it also has springboards that also allow you to build meter, so you use ribbon girl and build meter fast with light arms.
The only bad stages are ninja college (ninjara's stage) and snake park (kid cobra's stage).
I think having variation in stages is fine.

You're missing the point, the problem is that each stage has a dumb gimmick that reduces player skill in the equation. Its the same reason FD is used in smash tournaments because there isn't anything to get in the player's way and any fuck ups are his own.

Other than skate park, which is a totally bullshit map, I'm gunna have to disagree. There are no stage hazards in any of the maps, at most there are some pillars which are easily broken, 3d Fightan is boring if it's just on a flat plane, but there's also Springman's stage if you want FD too. Skate Park is the only one that I see your point to.

We need more fucking maps and arms though, they blew their load with the Max Brass update and people are already jumping ship to Splatoon which is getting weekly additions so far. The only thing their official twitter posts is cute official art, what the hell are they doing?

But FD isn't used for that reason in Smash. It's because of the wall/sky boundaries and the flat stage gives certain characters advantages. If anything, Battlefield is the best stage for most characters because the platforms help extend certain character's combos or help them escape certain situations.

They don't just play FD, they also use battlefield, yoshi's story, dream land, fountain of dreams.
all those 4 have platforms, platforms give most characters ways to dodge projectiles like fox and peach. To blow your argument, they also allow picking pokemon stadium in singles.

There's going to be an update soon, but it's rumoured to be arms like a machinegun arm, sword arm, coil arm, chain arm (these are just the filenames)
As always don't expect anything good or plentiful.

Battlefield lacks obstacles, as most attacks will just phase through those platforms and anyone can get off of them when they need to by pressing down. You can't do the same for the boards in spring man's stage or the platforms in Byte's.

which arms is best at holding hands?

You can block red shells though.

Cars are raised platforms that are visible that propel you up, if you're talking how they block your fists and you can't tell how pixel perfect their collisions, sure. The pillars in mechanical and helix's stage aren't that durable, you can punch around them and the pillars stay gone throughout the whole match, they don't respawn each round, only each match. They can be broken by grabbing and hoping that you throw your enemy to the pillars. You say that spring man's stage is the best stage, but I just told you, you can build meter like crazy because the springboards build meter for you, along with whiffing your punches build meter as well. If you restricted the game to Spring Man's stage, have fun not playing ribbon girl.
Not sure why you're making a big deal, the are things that I do agree, there are things I disagree. I forgot to mention that grinding for arms is painful, shouldn't be a thing in the first place as it restricts tournaments to defaults.
If you want to talk about balance, you could've pointed out that the rock-paper-scissors of punch, block, grab is terrible in this game because blocking doesn't give you that much of an advantage, grabbing is easily deflected and punching is all around useful.
Rush being extremely powerful, due to the nature of it you can retract your arms, so if you grab and it gets deflected, activate rush and get a free hit no matter what. If you deflect their punches late, activate rush. If your grab hits, keep the rush and go again at grabbing or deflecting.

As for leaderboards, I already posted the link to the leaderboards, here:

I never once implied spring man's stage is the best, stop grasping at straws you cocksucking shill. You spent all of your earlier posts trying to defend this game, and now that I've shot down your arguments you're trying to save face by reiterating what flaws were already stated.

No one mentioned the RPS dilemma and the power of Rush, non-reiterated flaws, I only re-irritated the combination of unlocking arms and gaining coin because I agree with them not because of saving face. I already told you about the leaderboard, you go asking for the link but there was already a link from the first reply about the leaderboard while also thinking cars are invisible.