Which one is the worst console ever made?

Which one is the worst console ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Atari made some abominable shit.

But a more contemporary example would be that Android box. Who the fuck greenlighted that idea?

I'm pretty sure the OUYA was kikestarted, user. Blame the people who actually invested money for this thing to see the light of day.

The idea of the OUYA was actually really great. The problem is that it was managed poorly, and by a woman at that. Fuck, I really don't say this often but I hope she dies a cruel and painful death.

ZX Spectrum

Jaguar is severely underrated though. The 2D capability could give neo geo a run for it's money, 3D was decent enough to run Doom at PC graphics, and it was a cheap console compared to 3DO. The library was utter shit unfortunately.

5200 was only let down by the shitty controller.

7800 is a great console. The graphics looked better than NES, the hardware was more robustly built, plus it had backward compability.

The problem with atari was mismanagement. The products have great potential, but they don't know what costumers want.

all of them

Didn't stop Tim Follin from composing some sick music for it.

Nintendo switch. it's like a gimmicky version of the ouya.

The reason that would put switch on top of the ouya is the game support. but op asked for the worst console.

wew laddy

No reports of Redeeming features, not a single one, even 32 years later.

I wanna fuck that gook

Queers get a bullet to the brain.

The ZX is a personal computer, not a toy you dumb nigger spawn.

I've seen fisher price toys with better keyboards

The Switch has a healthy supply of games within six months. It's basically a good system for people who didn't have a WiiU.

Good thing I'm bisexual!

What's this? I've never even heard of this thing.

The Nintendo 64. It had shit games, shit graphics and the controller was fucking retarded. The only reason people jizzed over Goldeneye was because they never played a PC shooter before, but it was fucking garbage. Perfect Dark was an improvement and only beacause they actually learned from the fuck ups of Goldenshower. There are only two good games on that thing and they are Mario Story and Castlevavnia Legend of Cornell.

I can't believe that people actually like those game

There's a loathsome amount of Wii U ports for the thing, even if I understand why they're porting Wii U games, but the titles lined up and the ones existing are a rather strong launch-year lineup for a new system.

Simply epic.

Your favorite.

Can't tell if shit bait or shit taste.

Selling a middle class Android smartphone without screen (and thus without touchscreen) that can only be used at home, which can only play the same shitty Android games as a smartphone, only less convenient since most of those games were / are optimized for touch and gyro controls is a "great idea" in your opinion?

Most stuff posted by OP are just multimedia players, not video game consoles. There was a bit of hype around this idea in the 90s with companies developing these multimedia players that were supposed to replace the VHS players. I mean the reason why Microsoft got into the whole video game console business with the xbox was because they were afraid of people ditching their PCs and just doing all their computer stuff with a multimedia player. Isn't the xbox still marketed as such by Microsoft? They always like to focus on it being a multimedia player instead of a video game console.

Probably Game.com. Consoles OP posted had at least some redeemable quality like having couple decent games or good hardware but Game.com was shit hardware coupled with shit games for shit price. It was like someone took everything that could go wrong with handheld and then stuck it into extra steamy pile of shit.

That's two bullets to the head.

The Game.com could have been good with more, and better games, but that wasn't going to happen with the SHIT screen it had. The 32X would have been great if the Saturn hadn't been rushed out, and if it wasn't a pain in the ass to develop for (like the Saturn, har har). The Virtual Boy would have been groundbreaking if Nintendo hadn't forced it through before blue LEDs could become better than experimental technology.

You've really gone too far this time

Only game that really worked on Game was Duke. Everything else was borderline unplayable because of the screen and controls. 32X was alright even if it was just milking the Megadrive for last few drops left and Virtualboy at least had some good games that worked with its gimmick. Game was just bad and every game for it would have worked better on literally any other handheld of the era.

This. It's more infuriating knowing how much potential it had.

Atari Jaguar

game.com
Imagine every game playing in single digit fps, on a screen barely better than a game&watch, with possibly three sound channels at most being able to play at once. And it wasn't for shitty McDonalds-tie-in style games. They tried putting the likes of Duke Nukem and Sonic the Hedgehog on this thing.

what does the Tiger button do?

mm yes….us PC gamers are the true, heh master race. yes.

That's a stylus I believe

What did he mean by this

shaking in my boots over here

Gaze upon it.

RCA Studio II

Tiger Game.Com

Redeeming Qualities:

NeoGeo

RPGs on the PS1

RPGs on the N64

LOL

Like you didn't play Metal Slug a million times when you found out about MAME/FinalBurn.

Ogre Battle 64, Aidyn Chronicles. Since you're also listing games like SotN, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Mega Man Legends, Gauntlet Legends, and Hexen.

Please do some research before being this retarded again.

You're going to need more than 4 games to match up the PS1 or even Saturn's RPG library. retard.

It was decent tech and decently priced by the time of it's conception (and it was oudated and expensive as fuck by the time it actually came out). If it was as "open" as they advertised it (instead of locking the fuck out of the firmware to "prevent piracy", but LOOK, YOU CAN MAKE CUSTOM BOXES, ISN'T THAT GREAT?!) and if the controller was actually decent (it was a piece of shit) most of the people who got one could've forgiven it's shortcomings

I actually had an OUYA
At least I ended up selling it for more that it costed me

While true, I listed 8. Please learn to read.

You mean 6, since MM Legends and Hexen played like ass on N64. Your shitty Goldeneye machine had an anemic library when compared to the libraries to its competitors and usually the ports were shit.

i was a big fan of castlevania legend of cornell as well

The Xbox is the worst console for all the cancer it helped unleash. The video game industry would have died anyway but the Xbox helped it die sooner.

Legends and Hexen aren't N64 exclusive, they're ports. You could argue that Origins doesn't count either, but its more of a remake than a port.

The Spectrum is a completely irredeemable slab of shit from a horses ass in any sense. Completely BTFO technology-wise by pretty much any of its many competitors, but sold like hotcakes because retarded Brits couldn't resist the opportunity to play fucking Manic Miner and whatever other retarded shit people in their bedrooms could slap together and sell for cheap.

It was a glorified calculator that was pushed beyond any reasonable capacity to somehow play some of the most excruciating games in existence. It's only remembered fondly by manchild Britbongs who nostalgia-gasm over the mere thought of spending their pocket money on literal feces in cassette format. The fact that so many people consider this 'roided out text processor (with a keyboard that an actual toy would be ashamed of having) a "games machine" in the first place should be enough to get it on any "worst of" position, because frankly I don't think enough people know how much of a piece of shit that thing really is.

This is the perfect bait, or the stupidest fucking post I've seen

You mean based Perfect Dark contraption?

The N64 version of Hexen being bad is a hipster meme.

It seems just like yesterday (((people))) were hyping the Ouya up as a revolutionary console that was going to change the face of gaming.

Nah

Should have also mentioned the fucker was damn big, certainly too big to be portable.

Should have also mentioned that it had an awful 1-way switchbox/powercable combination similar to the Atari 5200 that made hooking it up a nightmare.

I'll go over some others…

Apple Pippin

Redeeming Quality:

Phillips CD-I

Redeeming Quality:

Atari 5200
Redeeming Qualities:

Ouya
Redeeming Qualities:

Sure why not.

The N64 being a good console is a hipster meme.

This piece of shit

CD-i, but none of them are worse than the RCA Studio II. There is absolutely nothing redeeming or interesting about RCA Studio II, it's nothing more than an example of a boardroom-designed response to what was clearly interpreted as a passing fad. Another Pong clone would have been better, I shit you not.

God if only that bitch wasn't voiced by Kristen Schaal…

one of the most unreliable yes but ultimately what matters most is the library tbqh

A for the effort in creativity but holy shit.

Speccy fags are a sight to behold

I heard some extremely negative comments about this one.

Speccy was the comfiest shit.
Spectral Interlude would have been better if it had been less talky.

You know a system is bad when making a game that's not eye rape is a design feat.

What if amiibos were required to progress through a game's campaign and the scanning function was very unreliable? Add really cheap hardware and a mere handful of games (all of them bad), and you have the HyperScan.

And? JRPGs are the worst genre, next to VNs.

You are forgetting the best of them
the gaming industry killer
The one that doomed everyone else

I've only even played one of those.

However, I'm going to guess it's the Halcyon, because that shit was stupidly overpriced and it has an entire two games, and god knows if they're any good since pretty much no one but a few rich collectors have them.

it's a stylus

what's the big red alarm for?

For registering your shots I think. It works like a more primitive version of the NES zapper.

I wonder if you could cheat with it, like the light bulb or white paper trick for the NES zapper

Apparently not.

I don't care if this is bait. I'm gonna find you and slowly torture you until you apologize

Surprised pic related hasn't been mentioned, but my vote for worst is still the Studio II. Also, does the Halcyon even count? It's never been confirmed to have actually made it to retail if I remember correctly.

Because insulting your target demographic is the perfect way to sell your product
I guess after the game com failed the guys at Tiger must've Founded Kotaku, Gamasutra, and The Verge.

You're right in that the PS2 set the standard for terrible console durability (the dvd drive and lasers are trash on every single model) as well as being the console that drew normalfags into gaming. Excellent library of games though.

There's at least a dozen consoles that are worse than the N64. Keep trying.

The gamecube had an even blander library, at least the N64 had some fun third-party games that got buried under first-party and rareware games.
If it wasn't for a fucking e-sports game, GC emulation would have been on the same level as PJ64

Clearly you've never used any of the ones in the OP.

the fire at the toshiba factory may have forced them to release a ton of substandard units (roughly 1/4 at launch, and subsequent releases still had problems about 1/32 of the time) but par units stand up to the test of time; my SCPH-30001 still works great

The only goddamned thing it did right was everything.

Free Online multiplayer w/ dedicated servers, KB & Mouse in FPSs, VGA output, Crossplatform play, first official emulation on consoles, subscription-based online service was a fully functional ISP, 2K fielded the first real competition to EA's sports monopoly, no DLC or Microtransactions - just fun games

Pretty much everything wrong with the industry today, Sega did right

And it STILL FUCKING FAILED

If you can still somehow bomb your console with so much going for it, then it's got to be the worst.

I have gone through 5 PS2s, 2 fats and 3 slims. The last one was lightly used and randomly died. And I'm super autistic about cleanliness and dusting. Read up on people using a PC to stream games to PS2s through ethernet. It isn't just because of piracy, its because the laser is prone to failure and people want to avoid wear and tear.

The one I got for Christmas as a child still works. Do you have any other electronics that randomly die? It's probably just bad luck, but 5 in a row is really something.

Some of the people involved with it went on to make Gizmondo, yet another failed handheld. That one was at least good hardware with some games.

BITCHES LEAVE

Who cares about a third-world monkey box?

PS4 Pro
youtube.com/watch?v=6__TvBzAVj8

Switch
youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

I`m sure theres some problem with Xbox One as well

Apparently there are but there's no one to report them

Switch

You don't know what you are talking about.

Are we talking about the quality of the hardware or the games? The Xbox has a good build quality that is still solid, that thing doesn't die. Compared to the modern garbage we have today that if you grip it with any modicum of force you can hear the plastic shrieking.

Although it hardly had many games, it had some solid ones.

PS2 Fat had a decent build with a excellent library.

Gamecube had a decent built with a great quality controller as the OG Xbox with some great games too but a low library.

SNES was also built great, still going strong as fuck with a good library so was the controller.

Sega Genesis' console was built great but the button would loosen up after a while, the controller (the big one) was a tank though, great quality.

I haven't seen a PS4, One or Switch yet but from what I hear they are built like cheap plastic shit. I honestly don't mind a big console if it was built great and had less noise. The people that complained about OG Xbox are faggots.

Agreed.

Well I guess you can never predict what form autism will take

The sales numbers alone are proof of that. Tons of people that otherwise ignored video games got started with PS2. It got worse in the following console generation, but PS2 kicked it off.

PS2 and Xbox 360 were the only consoles I've ever owned that died on me. I have a couple friends that had similar issues with PS2s. You got extremely lucky.
I have PCs that are 30+ years old that still work, including a Tandy with Windows 3.1 and a 50MB HDD.

this tbh

Funniest controller.

We're talking about Xbox Live. Not only did it acclimatize people to paying for extra bullshit, it introduced fucking DLC to consoles, it also made it possible to patch console games. This enabled devs to release broken sloppily programmed garbage and Patch It Later™. That cancerous practice used to be confined to PCs but Xbox Live brought it to consoles.

Also, the existence of Halo fucked up the FPS genre in ways it's never recovered from. But even that's minor compared the overall damage it caused.

The games were fine, The hardware was fine. It's what the Xbox did to the video game industry that makes in the worst console in history.

i recognise that foreskin

That I already knew about. Its funny how the 360 console was always praised on 4half's Holla Forums. The first iteration of the software interace as well as the controller was pretty great, 'cept that Dpad and concave analog where the rubber would burn over time.

But yes the 360 was built like garbage, introduced bad design practices in gaming that has changed the quality of games. Not to mention the RROD.

Oh wow.

Fun fact: a shitload of the Kickstarter money that "went to support Ouya" was eventually funneled into the (((Indiecade))) and the (((Independent Games Festival))) San Fran SJW Nepotism Networks and set the stage for the GamerGate holocaust where millions of innocent women were raped and murdered in the streets.

And it's nega-counterpart, the Tapwave Zodiac, which was a bold and powerful console/Palm PDA hybrid with a stylus touchscreen and all-metal case that was immediately destroyed by the PSP. It wasn't perfect, but it was bold and cool. Resquaciat in pace. ;_;7

*handheld, not console

Same thing as the Doug button.

The worse part is since the hue cellphone box got discontinued, has no how to get new games on it since they all come from the portal.

most models were built like shit and just because it didn't die as much as the 360 (or the ps2)…..it still died a lot.
This was the reason so many people modded their original xbox was to replace much of the crappy hardware in inside. Both the DVD player and HDD were shit and don't even get me started on other problems it has like the leaky capacitors I was always fixing my friends Xboxs.
Also MS offered zero support for the original Xbox.

I've been fixing/modded console for a long time and the biggest piece of shit is still the original 360 release, but the worst console ever? I'd say Nintendo Virtual Boy.

I don't know if I got a magic one or you are lying. The thing almost resembles the quality of old electronics, whenever I touch it on the sides, top and button, it feels solid. You can't do that with too many electronics these days because you'd almost break it or you hear little bits of crackling on the inside. I don't know about the DVD or the HDD so you might be right on that, I never opened up the OG Xbox, the only console I opened that gen was the PS2 to clean the fucking lense since the back of the PS2 apparently sucked more dust than a hooker on heroin and some would magically go to where the lense were.

i bought one
it's just there on a shelf collecting dust

Yeah, you're full of shit. I had 2002 Xbox with its Thomson drive worked without a hitch for six years straight. The only problem it had was the original AC unit that Microsoft later replaced for free. The leaky clock capacitors were only a problem discovered long after the system discontinued.

Nope it was because it was easy to mod in the first place.

The PS2 far surpassed it in terms of hardware failure.

Nintendo has a record for shit consoles after the SNES, but ultimately it's this current gen of consoles because NO GAMES.
Last gen the wii had 2 handfuls of games and the ps3 had a handful, and it was one of the worst in history. This one isn't over yet but it doesn't look like it's going to be better.

are you retarded? the xbox was the most durable console of its generation. ps2's on the other hand died like flies, hence it was the most sold console back then.

I suggest you look harder. I know for a fact that Sonic Adventure had DLC, and I'm certain a few others did as well. In SA, there were alternate win conditions for some levels, like collecting all the AT&T globes (yes, the Dreamcast gave us shameless sponsor plugs too).

There's a good few reasons for that. First of all is that Sega has never been that bright of a company. Certainly they have a lot of developer talent, but that's not going to save any company from incompetent management. While the Dreamcast and some of its games did very well at the time, Sega still made poor business decisions that burned through their profits, such as pouring so much money into Shenmue that they would need to sell more copies of the game than there were Dreamcasts produced to break even. And not to mention the bitter rivalry between Sega of Japan and Sega of America that lasted all the way from the Genesis/Mega Drive era. After the mediocre market performance of the Saturn, thanks to mismanagement and disagreements from both sides of the pond, the company wasn't the strongest to begin with when they introduced the Dreamcast, and I have no doubt that continued corporate infighting had at least something to do with Sega's downfall.

The other major point I would like to bring up is a toxic business relationship with Microsoft. While this partnership did allow for a lot of the more forward thinking features of the Dreamcast, most notably netplay, M&KB support, and the ability to install Windows CE on the console itself, Sega got the short end of the stick in large thanks to a guy who's name I believe was Peter Moore. I admit, I don't know too much about the business dealings between Sega and Microsoft, but I've heard that the XBox was supposed to be a contingency plan for in case the Dreamcast failed. Initially, the Xbox was supposed to be able to play Dreamcast games to encourage market adoption, but that fell through. Through the same agreement, however, Sega produced a number of Xbox exclusives that were intended to be for the Dreamcast. Again, I'm rather spotty on my knowledge of Sega x Microsoft, so if anybody would like to fill in the blanks and add more detail feel free.

At the end of it all, Sega discontinued support for the Dreamcast in NA and Europe as they faced diminishing sales and profits, blaming the competition in the process. They would be bought by Sammy Corporation in 2003, with Sammy gaining a controlling share the following year. Sega is currently known as Sega Sammy Holdings, and is their primary videogame development company. And though the Dreamcast was discontinued in the west, it saw official support in Japan until 2006.

Ultimately, the failure of the Dreamcast lies entirely on Sega. Fans can bitch all they want about how the PS2 killed Sega (and if they do, they're tacitly admitting that the PS2 was a better console), but corporate incompetence is always a much bigger reason than a little bit of competition.

You're blaming something because it was considered "good" enough to be copied.

Also it's actually sony that started the normalfagization. to a technical extent it was SEGA as well. Sony in the US launched appealing to normalfags with their entire angle being "video games aren't just for the geeks anymore."

The marketing campaign was focused mainly on stations like MTV. Not to mention they wanted that more mature audience. I only mention SEGA because they did heavily advertise the sports games and whatnot using celebrity endorsements

Only issue with the OG xbox's hardware was the clock capacitor on early models

Most Dreamcast DLC was free though. the shit like the costumes you'd just download from the server. the only game on dreamcast you had to PAY for shit was PSO which was the sub cost.

Why the people shit so much in the gizmondo?

burn this heretic

The hardware was alright, the games were alright but the way they handled it makes Ouya look good.

Name me one good game that this system had.

Protip:
You can't.

you could easily buy a better third party case for the zx-spectrum, you could also buy the zx-spectrum+ that had a better keyboard

The Spectrum was on the lower-end even for its time. Let's compare it to the Commodore 64 released the same year, the C64 had far superior graphics and sound capabilities EVEN WHEN COMPARED TO WORKSTATIONS of the era. Nothing Apple or IBM had contained anyway comparable to the VIC-II Video Processor or the SID when the C64 was released back in '82. The C64 was arguably the first computer in history to really put emphasis on its multimedia capabilities rather than being purely for business or raw number crunching. Having a whopping 64kb of RAM was icing on the cake. The Spectrum doesn't compare, it was an overpriced brick dwarfed by Commodore

can you at least try a little bit to not look like a underage fag? the speccy was cheap and did the job, the purpose of the speccy was not to be a powerhouse but to be a simple and affordable computer, and it did a great job at that, most of you kids think that the speccy is just this system, but the speccy was filled with peripherials that could improve the system, also, you could use the zx-spectrum and the zx-81 to make embarked systems due to it's serial port being connected directly to the z80 processor, the zx-spectrum and zx-81 was the PIC/arduino/raspberry of the 80's

what the fuck dude the speccy was less than 200£ at launch while the commodore was 600£, the speccy was less than half the price

That doesn't make any sense since Sinclair tried pushing the Spectrum up-market with the QL aimed at businesses in the same vein as the Commodore 128.

It was cheaper yet sold significantly less. 200£ for no dedicated video or sound hardware and an RF modulator as the primary output was still too much

Why do people still consider the CD-I a console?

Two good games?

The controller is perfectly fine. This shit is only spouted by memelords or genuine retards who used it wrong.

That doesn't detract from the fact that console shooters are utter fucking garbage and early console shooters were even worse because the devs haven't yet figured out how to couple PC controls with a gamepad without it sucking so hard you'd rather stared at a wall whole weekend than torture yourself with those games.

Funny you'd mention memelords.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the R-Zone yet?

still my fav in terms of complete shit design.

R.I.P. tacophone

The mandatory game demo version thing was actually a pretty decent idea it had going for it as well. Predated Steam's 2-hour trial system by a good few years.

FIFY

what? the original Phantasy Star Online had a sub cost. In fact in Japan they wanted it to do well so they gave out essentially 1 free year of internet useage so people could play it.

Also I love how this thread started as an actual shit console thread but then devolved into Sony-Microsoft-Nintendo bullshit because drones and retards can't keep it in their pants

lf only..

You don't know shit about bad consoles

The original version of PSO was free to play online in the USA. You just needed to have a dial up internet account. The updated version 2.0 that came later on the Dreamcast started the subscription service. The original was still free to play right up till the servers closed but if you wanted the ability to play soccer in the ship and other nonsense you has to BUY 2.0 and pay to play online.

It marketed itself as console at one point.

better than Superman 64.

this

Also forgot to mention that you needed to buy a fucking memory cart just to play 80% of the games, so fuck anyone that is poor or who rents a game, let alone buy a game for 100 bucks to come home and not even be able to play it.

Yeah mate I never stuck it my ass like a dildo like most of you Nintendo faggots so I guess I was using it wrong.

Eternal Darkness, super Mario sunshine and reMAKE perfectly make up for that.

I'm sure you're the guy always defending the switch, and you probably use it just like the N64 controller.

You're forgetting to mention that most of the shittiest trends in gaming, especially in mass-appeal console shooters started with Goldenshower

I'd rather play Wand of Gamelon over Ocarina of Time

Are you for real?

You're new to the internet huh?
And I'm not joking. Ocarina of Time is THE most overrated game of all time next to Final Fantasy 7.

People that say that shit scream
"I was six when I played it so it's da best game evar dur"

I came back to this thread to see if you were being a contrarian shitter for "the lulz". Having confirmed my suspicions, I shall now take my leave.

Love the bait here. About as fresh as your moms ass.

The problem is that most people love those pieces of shit so much that they can't even comprehend that someone else might not like, or even hate them.

Not assblasted. Does it come across like that?
I don't own a switch user but will do at some point.
Also i never bought a WiiU.

Xbox 360 was the worst. It brought in a ton of fresh cancer, popularized the brown and grey shooter, normalized shitty business practices like paid online, normalized shitty hardware with high failure rates, killed great studios like Rareware.

A lot of these consoles you guys mention are total shit, but they came and went and didn't leave a dent in anything (besides some retard's wallets).

Xbox 360 though, it managed to fuck things up beyond repair. Microsoft is solely responsible for turning video games into such a soulless cash grab. Not only that, but MS funds cancer like please use archive.is.

Microsoft is the worst thing for video games. What have they given us? They have done nothing to make video games better, no innovation, nothing. Just kinnect, generic shooting games, and QTE interactive movies.

I remember getting one of those for Christmas along with a Ben 10 game and yeah that's the long and short of it, suddenly I needed a character I didn't have a card for to even progress and I shitcanned the thing.

weird. still point taken and understood. Just hate how this thread has devolved into

When I think of "bad console" I think more in the broad term of it. Like those consoles that all showed up in the 80s and 90s because everyone wanted a piece of the pie.

SEGA really fucked itself over the years badly

lol faggot. The N64 has a nice library but the emulators for it fucking suck so a lot of good games for it aren't well known. You have to dig.

Try saying that after the analog stick starts to wear out.

I understand not liking it and considering it overrated, but putting Wand of Gamelon over it is an stretch. Sounds like you're being contrarian. Ocarina of Time is not the Magnum Opus people pretend it is, but it's certainly better than Wand of Gamelon.

I'de say it has problems. Completely fucking suck is a bit far since I can run games 98% of the time without issue and the remaining 2 usually just require me to do a few fixes. Though I do run into texture and screen transition bugs a little more often than I'de like.

The power of a smartphone with the portability of a home console isn't a great idea.

Oh I definitely remember the Tandy consoles and they were horrible. My votes goes to that piece of shit

the rest were fine, none of you are thinking impact.

Xbox is overrated, 360 was ok, Xbone is a joke.

i mean all consoles. xbone was the first to make "entertainment media" it's primary function

Fixed

THIS
Vidya was just fine until the shitbrick that was the Xbox opened the floodgates for Online Multiplayer everything
It's thanks to the Xbox that Gen 7 was so oversaturated with FPS, that DLC and DRM on consoles became a thing, that Nip games sank so deep in the shit trying to westernize themselves for extra shekkels, that SJW rose to power thanks to the (((west))) having such a strong foothold on the market
I'm sure that all of the kikery that happened to the industry since the launch of the Xbox would have happened anyway, with or without Xbox, but you can't deny that the Xbox launch was the moment shit hit the fan either

Fixd

I stand corrected.

My PS2 fat still works perfectly fine after 15 years and over 20 000 hours of use

To add to I dropped it on the floor over 10 times and on fucking concrete twice from a height of around 3 feet. Still works like a charm. Never dusted it, left it on carpets and other dust accumulating surfaces at time. My PS3's disc tray fucked up after 2 years of use because a drunk friend tripped on the cable once.

Microsoft was never good, and neither was the MountainDewBox. It started many of the cancerous practices on modern consoles and western video games. First it was DLC and paid online with the hueg, then cheevos, nogames, chad shooters and grrrrl gehmurz with the 360, and the Xbone thankfully was a joke with no redeeming qualities, so it didn't bloat consoles with even more cancer, but that's only because the pajeets at M$ finally realized that PC is where the normalfagbux are at now, and the bone still sold well as a DVR goytrap anyways.
Of course, Valve, Sony and even Nintendo eventually copied or helped these Judaisms and became almost as bad as Microsoft, but Microsoft is still standing there to study new ways to fuck over the western gaming industry, be it on XBOX or Windows 10.
End of autistic rant.

Nah OG Xbox still had good exclusives. Reminder that Sony brought in the normalfags en masse first and Microjew let them fester, weeb nigger.

This, at least the xbox had video games.
the 360 was what really spread what was wrong with the xbox, while having no games.

A Challenger appears. The Sega R-zone. This was literally those old liquid crystal wristwatch games strapped to your head. Virtual cop was the most tolerant, Panzer Dragoon was the most disappointing. Virtual Boy was WAY better.

The best (Still not good) Was Zelda's Adventure which requires a Ram cart.

lf impact is the principal factor, the premium must go to Atari 5800 since it crashed USA game industry with no survives.

I read that these things are now literally melting, due to the rubber that was used as like 70% of the body construction.

They could never sell the zodiac for anything approaching an affordable pricepoint, and when PSP came out shortly after for roughly the same price… it never had a chance. Shame too, it seems like a really solid device that never got the software library it deserved.

it has problems to be sure but it's nowhere close to being worst console, plenty of other craptacular devices in this thread more deserving of the title.

That would make it the best console.

The CD-I handsdown.Shit games. No appeal. The 3DO is a close second. A ports machine & no amazing exclusives. The manufacturing of it was retarded. It had absolutely no reason for being.

The what

Nigger, by time the 5200 was released the US console industry was already in shambles.

Goddamn the amount of dumb niggers here is infuriating.

can anyone tell me why this got so many responses

Because it's true, and Nintoddlers can't handle the truth.

This is bait

This confirms that it is bait.

A bait to surpass Metal Gear.

How is it even remotely true, It might not have been good in your opinion but it's definitely not the fucking worst.

It's certainly the most overrated and it's anemic library compared to the PS1 and Saturn not to mention technical deficiencies highlight how when taken as a whole, the N64 is certainly Nintendo's worst home console.

Oh look, the Nintencucks are back. Nice downboat.

Autism is strong with this one.

I think some of the people in here only played shit during the N64-PS1-Saturn era

Wasn't me that made that assertion
Yeah, what a shock people are answering OPs question with what they think is the worst system ever with reasons why they think so.

Guess that remedial English in summer school didn't help.

Wii U is definitely a close 2nd or 3rd worst.

Buy a Nintendo Switch, it is the same base concept, and it has enough gimmick and tech to make it a decent platform. Also, they will do a better job at curating the platform. Nobody cares about the 10,000+ shitty games made every year.

C64 defense force reporting for duty

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

/thread

People can post that shit, it's just blatantly retarded.

jk I love the virtual boy

ahhh good times

What's the context?

It's not bait. I'm serious. You just can't handle the truth cause you probably jam that controller that looks a like a radioactive retarded dolphins fin up your ass because you love Nintendo so much. Also how retarted are you that you didn't realize the difference between my post and someone else's.

Again not bait. Probably doing the same as guy above but with peanut butter. Welcome to the real world where people have different opinions that you and even hate your dear precious Nintendo.

Oh absolutely 100% correct. Nintendo faggots are serious the fucking worse. I like how every things I'm baiting or a troll when I'm just telling the truth.

Holy shit an advertisement for Odin Sphere which is 100x better than any of those fucking awful Zelda: Ocarina of I've been making the same shit since the first game dogshit.

There's worse nintendo consoles out there than the N64. Continue being retarded though.

The VPW, WCW, and WWF wrestling games by AKI beg to differ

You know when nintendo shilling imageboard just goes full retard. I guess switch was so shit even virtual boy needs some protection shilling, so people won't compare in bad manner.

The Virtual Boy was a rushed nightmare and likely a scapegoat to get Gunpei Yokoi out of the company as quickly as they could by pinning all blame for it and its failings on him. That being said I'll kick and stomp and have a right tantrum if you dare question the majesty of Teleroboxer and Virtual Boy Wario Land, regardless of whether or not you're one of those brainless asshats that cries about shills and then leaves the thread, a (1) forever and always.

You might think twice before shitposting.

Feels bad, man. All I wanted was a port.

I think the problem is that there's anons itt who would argue that the VB is better than the N64 despite one of them giving you neck pains after 20 minutes of use.

Eye rape was a feature not a bug.

/thread

Anyone ITT who named a Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony console deserves a ban tbh special exception goes to the Virtual Boy however.
You can definitely make a case that these companies have produced shit consoles but nothing they have produced can honestly be called "the worst console" again, the one exception applies.

Unbelievable that no one mentioned the ultimate turd

A lolcow came here and sperged out. He claims he is making "art" by making shitty textures for a castlevania game.

I really do think that the Xbone is the worst console I've ever played on just because it has absolutely, positively no reason to exist at all.

I unironically agree

Softmod yourself an xbox with UnleashX and a 250gb HDD and you got yourself the best console a man can get.

The worst console I have ever owned personally I can say without a doubt was the PS4. Only because I have never owned an Xbone. And I'm not making hyperbole here, the PS4 is genuinely the worst console I have ever owned hands down. None of the current gen consoles have a reason to exist bar the Switch because it at least tries to stand out, not that I own a Switch or plan on getting one until its fully hacked, but still. The PS4 and Xbone are literally PCs with a locked down BIOS (and other trivial instruction set differences but it's superficial at best)

A Security Six is my favorite controller too.

Your cylinder is between chambers. Fix that shit. Always make sure it's aligned my man. It triggers my autism otherwise

Furfag was selling textures for Castlevania 64 on DevianTart, got called out for being a fag and became a lolcow in angry rants, came here and shitposted and flamed a thread about him. An user made a fake Konami employee gmail account and sent him a fake DMCA, seen in those pics.