Resident evil 2 remake

What do you want to see in the upcoming remake?

Anything that the original remake did right you'd want the same of (i.e. graphics improvements, new areas, new enemies)

Anything you'd rather they didn't change (i.e. don't make the boss battles a total walkover).

I want crimsonheads or equivalent powerup enemy for leaving bodies around, zombies that can open doors, seamless room transitions (should be piss easy to do with prerendered backgrounds), zombies that can climb boxes and stairs, Mister X and monster Birkin with actual roaming AI, sexy alternate outfits, longer section with playable Sherry (and Sherry has to be extremely cute).

Akuma.
Gohadoukens and everything.

I see you read that EGM April Fools joke as well.

This is not a joke, if you completed Claire A Leon B six times firing under 50 bullets using a DDR dancepad and with a dual shock up your ass, a Capcom representative would show up in your house to give you a slap in the face and call you a retarded faggot. I know because my uncle is a resident evil.

What this guy said, also more raccoon city segments.

First person view and weight based inventory where you can drop off and pick up items anywhere. The rest can stay the same.

faggot

Hey, Capcom already made Sheng Long real, who's to say they wouldn't make another EGM April fools joke real.

Is this for real? Capcom must be really desperate to listen to what fans have been asking for for a decade now. With that said, they'll fuck it up. They always fuck up. RIP in Peace, Captain Commando.

But so much of the early games play with creative camera angles to help set the mood. A good example from RE1 was the mirror room that made most people fire at a reflection in panic.

I want Sherry and Claire to have plump asses like they did in Darkside.

Likely
Unlikely but would be cool

Not to mention that Sonic has appeared in Smash Bros. That's another one.

IIRC That was actually planned but Nintendo was already too deep into development that they didn't have time to add them.

Stop sending C&Ds so they can finish fixing 1.5

Resident Evil 4 camera and gameplay because RE1 fags are gay, have nostalgia googles on and are kidding themselves.

Here's your (((you)))

make it easier to unlock him

RE4 camera and gameplay can fuck off. Enjoy your Evil Within.

t. Guy who picked up RE1 and RE2 earlier this year and can't put em down.

Freeze! Put your fat cocks where I can see 'em!

But tank controls hinder the effectiveness and satisfactions of combat. The only solution is switching between cinematic 3rd person view when walking around and fps controls and view when aiming your weapon. Like AITD 5 and probably Cold Fear, only more refined of course.

I'd rather get shot than showing my dick.

The game is looking great :^) In seriousness though, I want a RE 1.5 mode with the original scenario of the game and Elza Walker.

RE 1.5 footage and your favorite vidya dev blocker, Hideki Kamiya.

Nothing, I already have the Gamecube version.

Pre-rendered backgrounds and no QTEs.

More Raccoon city would be great, but how to integrate them in a way that isn't tacked on or padded out?

I liked how in RE3 you revisit the police station from 2.

It would be awesome if they integrated some 1 - 2 hour long section involving some area / building in Raccoon city, a bit like the Residence section from RE1, where you don't really return it's just to get some item.

Given Remake switched around items a lot from the original maybe Remake 2 would have some key item obtainable from this side quest (although it's mandatory).

Instead of providing it directly, you get some other item and a note or some event happens that unlocks access to the new areas you need to solve/explore to return to the main quest.

Thing is, games like Resident Evil will suffer if you pad them out too much with filler. They work best when you have tightly knit exploration, monster fighting/avoiding, navigation and puzzle solving. Just dumping more of the same to bloat the game out might end up causing it to drag a bit.

I find most RE games are best near the beginning, with the end sections being mediocre. I wonder if this is why or if Mansion/Police Station type buildings just play better than less complex end areas like labs and caves.

Has Capcom given any update besides the one announcement video?

apparently they've said it will be out "soon". I'm guessing maybe for the re2 20th anniversary which would be January 2018.

Code Veronica style. 3D world, but mostly-fixed cameras that pan and slide a little as you move.
Longer city streets for scenario B.
Zombies react properly to Sherry, instead of being limited to vomit.
Ada and Sherry scenarios after completing the game.
Alternate alligator encounter where you have the option of fighting it properly instead of just blowing its head off.
Better reasoning for why everyone runs off from Leon instead of sticking together.
Have another look at the bowgun and consider whether or not it's worth a shit.

No costume DLC or any bullshit like that.
No evasion mechanic like in RE3.

We're not going to get a remake and you know it.
We're going to get a "re-imagining" a la Nu-FF7 and it's going to be casual shit for the masses.

The exact same game with the exact same textures, only updated with modern texture resolutions. No other changes or additions whatsoever.

as long as they do what they did with REmake 1 and improve on all the features they introduced it'll be fine in my book. Seamless rooms and improved encounters with Mr X and Birkin would be god-tier but I'm not holding my breath. Basically just make everything bigger and more detailed without pointlessly padding the experience.

If when Capcom fucks this up it might kill what little hope I have. The rest will be destroyed with the inevitable fuckups of the System Shock series

So you thought the RE1 remake was adversely affected by the new areas/crimson heads/improved atmospheric sound design/improved voice acting etc?

I always felt the awkwardness of combat was intentional, as it added to the stress, similar to Hardline.

-PreRendered Backgrounds
-Fixed Cameras
No Over The Shoulder or First Person, not even optional, COD retards can fuck off.

Here's your (you) now go fellate a gun and pull the trigger.

I've been looking for a good place to get RE2. Are you doing a Ps1 ROM?

I'm playing RE2 at the moment using a PS1 rom. it works fine.

Precisely this, but with the added stuff being 1.5 content. An example would be like Elza Walker's outfit as an extra costume for Claire, something that you would unlock.

PC versions exist.

Like the original RE2 wasn't a casual game. My mom who had never touched a ps1 controller in her life let her 6 yr old son (me) beat the bosses while she did the puzzles. fuckin retard.

I don't want them to change the music too much. It's so iconic and atmospheric. It's what gave the game its' soul.

And how about instead of watching the opening cut scene, why not be able to actually play it? Give the game a cold opening where you come in to the city and everything starts to unravel before you.

I want it to play like Resident Evil 4.

I do hope they ad some stuff they cut

Same. Resident evil 1-code veronica were good for their time, and the REmake is fun, but i always go back to 4-5-6 for mercs and everything else. The old games barely have decent or fun replayability.

RE2 had a fair amount, 4 scenarios (Leon,A,B&Claire,A,B). Ending unlockables and three minigames, The 4th Survivor, The Tofu Survivor and Extreme Battle.

And i could stomach replaying the game near 4 times, which were all about 80% the same, and the three minigames were really just 2. 1 was with guns and the other a knife with a different skin. Extreme battle i don't remember on the ps1, but I guess i missed out of that. These days i couldn't stomach playing that game 4 times in a row and its my favorite RE to date.

You guys get triggered too easily. Summer never ends

Make it like RE4 in terms of extra content. That is, add fluff stuff and extra mods. Don't add qtes and other shit that takes away from the gameplay. Update the graphics and scenarios. Add roaming hordes of enemies that block off random pathways. Remember that massive horde that was shown in re3 and Outbreak? Add it in and make avoiding it a thing. Have enemies continue to break into the police station and make it more vulnerable to further attack. Let players explore the city a bit more. Keep the sewers and lab areas as is. They could add more bosses too. The sewers were covered in giant spiders, but no spider boss. Have a giant spider chase the player at random points throughout the sewer in a way similar to the earth worm from re3. Part of it pops out of an opening and it attempts to drag you in. I also don't want to be nickled and dimed by dlc. Either add Hunk into the main game or spread his easter eggs around. On that note, spread easter eggs of the other survivors too. It doesn't have to be anything major. You can just have that army platoon's radio comms being intercepted at random points on certain dead bodies. It can cover their journey into the city and their fight with like 6 tyrants in the dead factory.

Have Leon drive his patrol car and Claire her motorcycle? It would be interesting to see where Leon was coming from before he entered the city. It could give Capcom an opportunity to make things seem normal in the beginning. You saw this in RE4's intro with the two cops and in TLOU's intro before you start fleeing. It shouldn't last too long, but it could be used to get an idea as to what Claire and Leon are thinking prior to their first encounter and it can play over the old intro cs. If they wanted, they could start the game with Leon gassing up at the truck stop. Have the truck driver just pulling up and the shop owner in the restroom or in the back. There's a lot you can do without fucking with the game too much.

Each scenario influenced its counterpart too. It was awesome. Part of me wishes they expanded on it a bit. Allow Leon or Claire to die during the game and force the player to pick up the slack with the other survivor. It could be a path C or D.

Sorry tired, i meant to say I could stomach playing that game 4 times over when i was a kid and the only games i had were crash, medievil, Castlevania SOTN and Fear effect. These days it takes a bit more than just 4 scenarios which are all similar but not really and a mode that kinda the same but with different skins. Extreme battle would be amazing if they put all their time into it though as the main time consumer after the game.

i like this guy. i'd buy you a beer and talk games with you if i didn't just get laid off.

A "Separate Ways" featuring Hunk would be pretty sweet. Also, I wish they'd give me the ability to customize my own loadouts for every character in Mercenaries.

Which, mercifully, lasted all of two minutes. Long intro sections are cinematic cancer that kills my wish for a repeat playthroughs.

Nothing much, I hope they don't make it too long with extra content.

Most games let you skip the into.

I meant the playable intro where fuckall happens and it's just there to "set the mood". I hate that shit. I was just replaying Deus Ex yesterday and I was amazed how the game just throws you into the thick of it from the first mission, giving you complete freedom to explore the map at your own pace, no handholding, no fucking tutorial pop-ups, no gating, just go out and do your thing.

They could just add a skip to city option with continue +.

Not my problem you're a baby faggot