Street Fighter is fallen

I thought Street Fighter ( and CAPCOM by association) made the best 1 vs 1 competitive play. Now I realise that the Capcom staff was so bad that SF4 was made by a 3rd party, DiMPS. The low quality in SFV makes more sense in context now…
shoryuken.com/2017/07/31/shoryuken-interview-daigo-umehara-on-his-manga-reaching-for-capcom-cup-and-the-meaning-of-evo/
Bye-bye, CAPCOM

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/4EXxe
archive.is/mFakh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

F

Apparently SF4 was garbo until Seth Killian was brought in… which would explain why SF5 is also garbo, because Seth left. Of course I think he also worked on Playstation Battle Royale, so who knows.

Were they making it for the Vita?

Pretty much all of them are by the time the first Samurai Shodown came out. Since the original guys that made all the magic of SF2 left Capcom to join SNK.

Dimps was founded by Capcom staff, and of them many were SF2 people. So SF4 being good shouldn't really be a surprise. Also the Seth Killian thing.

The original Street Fighter people left to make Fatal Fury at SNK.

Compared to Shit Flinger V, sure. But that isn't saying much.

in b4 Daigo is excommunicated from the mosque of FGC

guess we better start censoring the olympics

Da sloot
Close your legs!

Sure SF5 is a working game, but even the pros have come out to say that the game is just boring with very little real depth to it. The compare that to the other fighters out right now, like Guilty Gear or KOF14

What's so bad about SFV? I thought ppl just bitched about lack of single player modes.

Its gameplay is pure shit user.

Outside of the no depth basic gameplay its been a shitshow since day one. Massive online problems, rootkit being released on PC, US capcom employees calling anyone criticizing the game a hater. The game is still essentially in beta and should of never been released so early.

Even top players are critiquing SFV though. Your shitty argument stopped working ages ago, capcuck.

It's an okay game. USFIV is one of the better fighting games in a world where Mortal Kombat, Injustice and Tekken exists. I personally prefer it over those vertical and flashy fighters.

Nice b8, Capcuck.

Who cares?
The only good Street Fighter games were the EX series and the Alpha series.
Also all of capcom's good fighting dev team employees already jumped the ship to other fighting game devs

my alpha nigger

Samurai Shodown.

Hope Capcom gets bought by the chinamen who own SNK.

t. old Capcom fanboy.

I rather just have their IPs get sold off. Like rival schools gets sold to SNK and Darkstalkers to Arc system works

pfft.
Enjoy your japanese deadpool I guess.

Combofiend plz go back to crying that people are bullying MvCI

There's also top players who love it like Tokido and Haitani.
What's exactly your point, kappabro?

That you don't require mad skills to pull off the daigo evo moment. You can just do it by mashing buttons. As a spectator, this has ruined SF5 for me.

When you finally win evo after going since 2001 its not hard to see why.

Look, like whatever fighting game you wan to like, niggers, but stop this IVtard apologism.
The sad thing is that I know for a fact the SFV cycle is just repeating itself:
And the last on is so funny when the whole fucking community did nothing but cry about 1framers all throught IV's lifespan and are currently hailing Fartasy Strike for it's easy execution. Then we see games like Tag2, with impossibly high skill ceilings and execution requirements dying in the west.

At least SFIV had good pokes. SFV has nothing, it's 20+ midgets mashing medium buttons.

And you think people aren't going to bitch and moan? I play Bison and I get constant rivers of tears because "st.hp reaches too far!", and don't get me started on how much butthurt Sbi's st.mp is causing.
SFniggers are going to complain no matter what; remember how much WSO were cryng about how Abi didn't deserve a Hugo st.mp and how butthurt they got when they saw that his cr.mp is cancelable? THAT is the SF community, they will never be satisfied with anything.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. I remember when SF3 came out and everyone bitched about the lack of world warriors outside of Ryu, Chun, and Ken. How easy people forget in this era.

Please clap.

archive.is/4EXxe

archive.is/mFakh

I predict that as Capcom's last resort in staying relevant they will release a new Darkstalkers game in the next 10 years. Of course, being Capcom, they'll fuck that up too, and they will finally go bankrupt. They will then be bought by SNK, hopefully to finally make CvS3, which will be good.

didn't Haitani main Makoto in USF4? She's probably one of the harder characters execution-wise and I thought he did pretty good in CapCup

japanese deadpool has charisma and a bad-ass theme song though

Legitimately what? Did they confuse Fatal Fury with Final Fight or something?