How was it?

I played the Crash games hardcore back in the day so I'm curious. Are they good remakes of the PSX trilogy or was it botched?

It's pretty fun, but they fucked up the physics so you slip off of the ends of objects. Hard to explain unless you've played it, but it makes the game unnecessarily hard. In a way, I kind of think it's an improvement, even if it's artificial. Also, some of the music sounds like shit.

As far as I've heard, they're considered pretty good remakes. Most complaints I've seen are the fact they applied Crash 3 physics to the older ones and making the difficulty screwy in certain levels, the fact they removed dialogue from a few bosses (N. Gin, Dingodile), and speedrunner autists because of removed glitches.

RIP Ripper Roo's laugh. Fucking Disney

The only things that are a bit weird is the pill boxes of Crash that make you fall off edges sometimes, some iffy controls on the boat and bike, longer loading screens, and the fact that it runs at 30fps. If like time trials, they're in every game now, so is a playable Coco. They fix the problem of having to back track to destroy each box for getting the gems in crash one. It basically brings the improvements of Crash 3 into the older Crash games, and the graphics look really nice. Overall its a great way to play the first 3 crashes with better controls and the modern convenience of auto saving.

Weren't the games remade using Unity?

That should tell you all you need to know.

So fucking what? Did you want them to come up with some new meme programming language to make a fucking remaster?

It uses an engine from Vicarious Visions.

Nice fucking meme. I bet you're the faggot who said that Crash Bandicoot is hard as Dark Souls

If you just want to play crash bandicoot, they're great.
If you're really anal about details in the original, and it's movement system, you're going to have a bad time.
Also whoa

I cannot support this game if it takes out details from the originals. I will wait for the PC version and then pirate it.

You bought a ps4 so your standards are clearly low so you should give it a try.

Why the fuck would you want to play this cartoony Dark Souls rip off?

The only significant things added are the Relics. If you're a big fan, though, it's nice to have some form of new content. They really encouraged me to master levels that I thought I already mastered years ago when I 100%ed these games for the first time (and have done many times since). Going for the relics gave me a new appreciation for how intricate the level design is in these games, especially Crash 1.

Playable Coco is really nice but it's just a skin. Helps me pretend that it's a new game instead of one I've already completed a million times though. Plus Coco is best waifu.

The physics are indeed slightly different, but it's very slight. The vehicles in Crash 3 feel more different, however. Still very close, but your muscle memory will have to adjust a bit. The difference in the platforming physics is barely noticable unless you're speedrunning. IE: running on the ropes in the bridge levels in Crash 1 is harder but still doable. But that's cheating anyway, faggot.

As has been pointed out, for some reason a couple pieces of boss dialogue aren't in the new one. Others are. It's strange.

I don't like the acting, voice or animation, nearly as much as in the originals. Lex Lang is a good Cortex but I can't believe they couldn't get Clancy Brown. I don't like how they animated N. Brio and made him a lot more retarded. Of course, these are very minor factors.

People have complaints about the visuals and music. Honestly I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen them side by side and back to back, but I agree the originals are better. It's technically subjective and not really noticeable while playing, however.

tl;dr: There are complaints, but they're all minor, and relics make up for it if you're into that.

Crash has a pill shaped hitbox now, so certain jumps and tricks are harder to do than in the originals. Not a huge problem if you're a fag that only goes for gold relics, but getting all platinums is gonna be hell.

I got all Platinums on Crash 1 within a few days of release.

I played so hard I gave myself crippling tennis elbow that took almost a month to get better. My hand was a claw and my whole left arm was in constant pain. Only now can i go back and beat the other two games. But they don't seem super hard. I'm getting a lot of Crash 3 Platinums on my first try. Going back to my favorite games from when I was 9 made me get into video games in a way I hadn't in over a decade. Playing constantly for nearly 24 hours straight, gripping the controller with gorilla strength in frustrated rage at the fucking relic times, really reminded me what it was like to really like get into a video game again

Coco looks so cute in this game.

Is he in love with Nathan Drake?

Coco like older men. That's her husbando

Who's picture of Drake is that on the table then?

Coco you idiot

see

also, kill yourself