Emulation Thread

We need a new emulation-general thread, old one appears to be dead.

Do any of you anons do what I do when handling original Xbox games in frontends like Launchbox?

Anyway, emulation general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8fYaMc18apI
archive.awg/details/NoIntroNintendoDsNumberedDecrypted
rpcs3.net/compatibility
ia600500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip
ia800500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.zip
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3013#issuecomment-320465335
reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/641f4t/converting_psx_bin_to_iso/
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit
archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-09-06
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nigger that's fucking retarded, just play the PC ports like PC games, especially the Hitman games and Morrowind.

We want OG Xbox emulation for the 2 dozen or so EXCLUSIVES that were ONLY on the system.

Would be nice, if we could ever actually emulate them, but things aren't looking to great with Xbox emulation right now.

You know it's bad when a PS3 and Wii U emulator have made significantly more progress than any Xbox emulator ever attempted has.

Even then it's just a waste of time "emulating" games that already have PC ports. By doing what you're doing it's fueling the fire faggots have against the OG Xbox as "that system that had no exclusives".

Honestly the original Xbox is basically a PC, so I don't see much of a problem with "pretending" they're Xbox games despite it being a bit autistic. Xbox emulation is going nowhere fast so if you're going to put the Xbox option to good use in a frontend I don't see how else you would.

Speaking of emulation, I want to run several MAME roms on OGXbox, I have clrmamepro and FBA-xxx Pro's dat file but I can't seem to get them all to work properly, can anyone help? I still don't know, does clrmamepro correct the rom sets or it only validates them?

How usable are NDS emulators currently? Are any of them worth using?

DS on PC? they are pretty much functional, I heard only a few games have problems.

How about not using it at all until an actual emulator comes out that works, and play all the games that were on PC like actual goddamn PC game you autistic faggot.

Desume runs fine, though I've heard the devs are top tier cunts.

desmume works fine for most things, the few issues it has can usually be fixed by mucking with graphical settings

Even the desmume core on retroarch works fine by now

There will never be a good Xbox emulator, user :(

STOP IT I WILL NEVER LOSE HOPE TO PLAY ORTA IN HD

Desmume is okay, not perfect but gets the job done. Don't really know of any other decent emulators besides Drastic on Android but it happens to be payware bullshittery so I don't recommend it unless you're looking on that specific platform.

So, whats the obejctively best Dreamcast emulator/s?

I'm trying to make my ps1 retroarch emulator work on my android phone however the bios cannot be found despite directing retroarch to the location of my ps1 bios? Is there anything I should do so that my phone can find and use the ps1 bios for retroarch?

I know that every bios needs to be on the "system" folder inside the retroarch folder, but I don't know anything about the android version

Reminder that you should use dev builds to get some new fixes and speed boosts like PCSX2 having NeGCon support and running a bunch of stuff full speed in SW mode on 1.5.0. Ace Combat 5 basically works with minor graphical glitches in HW rendering under DX11 too. Emulating it in glorious 1080p with any controller I choose.

But muh JSRF and Crimson Skies! And before some autist tries to tell me "There already is a Crimson Skies game on PC", it's not the same game. I want to be able to play both games.

Demul.

That's the problem actually. Can't access that folder for some reason on my phone. Android seems to lock that folder away with the basic files for the phone's OS.

I really want to play Persona 5 but I just can't get it running in rpcs3. During the intro/cutscenes the audio is extremely choppy and sounds awful. How do I get it working?

Or is the emulator just not mature enough right now?

You just answered your own question.

Guess Kek is telling me something with those Quads.

Then again this fucker got it to work.

Aye, thanks

What makes it superior to something like Chankast by the way?

Sonyggers and Nintentoddlers should be gassed.

It's gotten regular updates in the 13 years since the last Chankast release. Plus it can play various arcade boards like NAOMI and Atomiswave games.

Muh
Thanks user

Why do people take on the platform that they play video games as a vital part of their identity as a human being? I fucking hate that modern society is so devoid of meaningful places to belong that people start to base their identity around absolutely retarded shit like what they fap to or what products they consume.

Modernity is a fatal sickness of the soul.

We live in sad times user, people have few things to care about, or things that they should care about (friends, family, home, etc.) they've been nurtured into not caring about so plastic toys and media become more precious to them.

Also marketing.

Anyone ever watch Mike and Ryan play, or any of Mike's solo plays? Anytime emulation those two flip a tit. They also seem to be mostly pissed off by save states for some reason.

Honestly more and more i'm starting to identify with imageboard culture primarily. It's the only thing outside of my family that feels real and genuine anymore.

I honestly think that if we found a way to properly organize and fund projects we could utterly replace the current entertainment industry.

There's hatreon, I guess.

no$gba runs DS games. At this point DS emulation is easy to come by.

what is wrong with you?

Man, I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck I'm supposed to exist in this world now that I'm fully aware just how much being on imageboards for so long has fucked me up.

I like Launchbox, but god it's still missing some features it badly needs. Still the best frontend for organizing games though, using it to move all my games to a new hard drive.

In latest news, PS3 emulation is fucking mindblowing.

You'll get your JSRF fix SOON™
youtube.com/watch?v=8fYaMc18apI
NG Black though won't be for a long time.

Meh, there is hope seeing as there is not 1 but 4 new emulator in development for the platform currently (Medusa, MelonDS, ndsemu, corgyDS) all with varying goals and all working with each other.
Not to mention the persistent rumor that Drastic could get a Win32 port and even get opensourced, and No$GBA making decent progress on DSi emulation.
Desmeme is left in the dust and hasn't made any good progress in years but it's still sadly the most usable DS emulator on PC

I'm really gonna have to upgrade my PC to get smooth PS3 emulation when it's more stable aren't I. 3D Dot Game Heroes when.

DeS and Okami HD don't need that big of a PC to run well enough
3DDGH boots and goes into the menu then crashes when you try to start a new game.

So can we actually expect a functional Persona 5 in the future?

Save states are pretty lame – unless the game is poorly designed or something.

Also, I really can't imagine beating something like the attached without save stating. That would take autism levels beyond what most on this board can conjure.

I think that guy is just shitposting, fam.

You probably won't be upgrading any time soon. GPU prices are beyond fucked due to (((crypto miners))) and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. 1070s that were $330 three months ago are now $500+.

My point still stands.

It already pretty much is, just kinda slow if you're not on a really good CPU.

Well I can't get a new CPU without buying a whole new motherboard.

Fucking hell I just realized I built this computer 5 goddamn years ago.

I'm playing Peacewalker again in PPSSPP.

Jesus this game is better than MGS5. It feels like a real Metal Gear game. I had forgotten.

Muh open world muh gameplay muh FOB.

5 would be the best MGS game if it was completed.

Fight me.

Shame it isn't complete then isn't it.

I assume Sandy or Ivy Bridge.
It's still kinda playable but 10-15fps isn't exactly fun to look at, not that Haswell and up is much better though.

I payed 70 euroshekels for P5. And I have no problem whatsoever with piracy.

Hell I'll put the P5 ISO on my seedbox.

Paying for things is a CHOICE and everyone should be free to make it. Roe vs. Wade

i5-3570k

It was a good CPU 5 years ago.

Damn fucking shame.

Nothing in life has any inherent "meaning" though, and things today aren't any worse on that front than they were several hundred years ago. You're chasing a idealized reactionary dream that never existed.

Fuck off you spiritually stunted, drugged up, communist

You fell for the "deep meaningful life" meme, feel completely unfulfilled due to life having no inherent meaning, and then attempted to fill that self-inflicted void with a highly specific magical sky-daddy, similar to how contemporary liberals fill that void with worship of the state. Your knee-jerk response betrays your true feelings. You're angry because what I've said rings true, and all negative truths bring us discomfort. Embracing rational empiricism won't bring you happiness, but it will help you rid yourself of that imaginary burden and unrealistic expectations you've saddled yourself with.

If you want to be happy, eat less and exercise more.

Fuck off to Holla Forums, people like you will never be able to properly love Lain.

Fucking materialists

Feeling enlightened?

At least videogames are tangible and real. Sitting in a church gives you nothing unless you're a normalfag scared of death and the pointlessness of human existence I guess. In which case you should play more vidya.

There is responsible save stating, and then there's save scummery. How is it any different than quicksave/load?

christ, that's some next level faggotry

Well, quicksaves/loads are a more conservative way of using them, while savescumming (Like I am currently doing with Gradius III) is saving after each chapter, avoiding to build up all of my weapons again because GOD DAMN that game is hard.

Demul

The only time I use save states is after long ass unskippable cutscenes or to at least fight shitty RNG in certain games (stealing in Final Fantasy IX) I usually accept my own fuck ups and in Gradius III I wouldn't use them, even if it does kick my ass.

If you'd respawn at that point when you die, it's not scumming.

I'm trying to emulate Persona 5 but whenever I try to load the game data it fucking freezes on me?

Does anyone know what's going on?

You're using a pre-alpha build of an emulator. The fuck are you doing?

Frontends for pc games seem pointless. It makes sense for emulation though.

the best emulation front end for consoles and dos are on mac, ironically enough.

Anyone know the optimal setup for emulating Ratchet and Clank? Pic related is my specs.

Actually I just realized what what was wrong.

I ran out of disk space, i am a reterd.

Nigger I beat skyward sword with a fucking Xbox controller.

I have a very high tolerance.

lol

your cpu might be too weak to get a constant 60 and your AMD GPU will certainly not help.

archive.awg/details/NoIntroNintendoDsNumberedDecrypted
How the fuck do I download this in one download? Surely I don't have to click every individual game, right?

I use save states because I don't want to wait 60 minutes for the next save spot where I'm allowed to save.

You either use wget or a visual interface for it and use recursive download with the .zip extension filter.

All checbox speedhacks activated (meaning don't touch the sliders ones)
DX11 renderer
Audio set to async mix in the audio plugin
Expect slowdown in the arenas.

Today I started getting into ripping content from games, I'm interested in getting the CGs, sprites, etc. I managed to acces the data_files folder, but all of the files are encrypted like .cmp, .pak, .dmp, etc. I know this is probably a really basic question here, but I cant help my degeneracy, none of the convertors I used worked.

That's pretty much on a per studio or even per game basis, go take a look at Xentax and learn some QuickBMS.

DeSmuME isn't saving for several games (or rather it is saving, the files appear in the save directory, but won't load the save files). How do I fix this?

Oh, should note most games are fine. Seems to be no pattern to what works and what doesn't at all. Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin work fine, but Order of Ecclesia doesn't. Super Mario 64DS doesn't either. Even games with in-game return to main menu functions don't work. I update to the newest SVN monthly and it' still isn't working.

Check your path settings.
Set autodetect save type on internal.
Check if you have dsv files of these games in battery directory, if not download your roms again.

I got in for 3 bucks and I'm tempted to drop it, due to the ABHORRENT SHIT controls.

How's PS3 emulation coming along? Last I heard P5 was functional but with garbage framerates

Read the thread fucktard

rpcs3.net/compatibility

That entire segment looks profoundly unfun.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR TRIPS

>>>/reddit/ then if you need spoonfeeding.

It's not the paths either because games I store in the same folder and have their battery saves appear in the same place aren't effected. Save type was on internal.

The only other game I have this issue with is Tony Hawk Proving Grounds.

Damn. I don't know what is cause then.

I liked its concept, but ALttP wasn't meant for that kind of marathon hole-dropping. It's just too slow and tedious at 1x speed. You really have to play it with fast-forward, save states, and a pen and paper to map out the place.

The other dungeon where they used warp tiles to create a labyrinth was a lot smoother to play through.

What's the best pair of emulators for trying to play Gen 2 Pokemon then play Pokemon Stadium 2 with the Pokemon I raised?

Dragons Crown is running pretty well in RPCS3.
Wouldn't recommend playing through it right now. There are a few random freezes and minor audio stuttering.

Odin Sphere runs like ass though, that is if you can even boot it in the first place.

Emucucks at their finest. Meanwhile, I'm running a softmodded xbox and enjoying the best version of multiplats plus all its exclusives

I make it a firm policy to never pay for any Microsoft product. It has served me well.

From one Xbox owner to another, please make your own thread, hardwarecuck.

That's why I play Peace Walker with a Xbox360 controller.

Remap to use the right stick for camera.

????

What can be done on a Atom 8700 CPU past 5th gen? DS ever going to be fucking possible on it? Want to finally finish ZX Advent.

after not using Dolphin for a long time I just tried the git version with ubershaders and it's damn nice to see that I can now play Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles without any stuttering

Change the directory for bios files and stuff in the settings.

it runs well enough but getting it to boot is the real challenge.
It doesn't even boot in latest builds and in older ones you needed to run it multiple times to get it running.

So how does the PS3 emulator on a Ryzen 3 + 1060gt setup

not many people use ryzen stuff to test emulators
best way to know would be to try it yourself.

I dunno what I'm doing then, shit runs at 20-30 in places and it's not like I'm on a toaster either.
Funnily enough I only got it to boot in recent builds.

Let's take the test then. off topic sage.

Cyborg

in the high tier of "Slightly Strange", 91 or so.

Well, shit. Robot at 56.

What game is that?

Dragon's Crown

Wizard-18 points

Helped a lot, thanks user.

At least I got dubs
;~;

Even then I'm only three years away from wizadry.

83, slightly strange. I feel like I should be a cyborg, though.

On the mid side of Cyborg, 69.
Description fits me really well, I feel like I really don't fit anywhere, not with the normalfags or the autists.
Social life and mental health improved a lot after I've moved from city to the countryside, I've come to realize that I get along a lot better with hicks than city people.
polite sage for blogpost.

Where the heck do I get nintendo roms these days? Haven't emulated in a couple years and now when I decide to, all my go-to sites are either gone completely or devoid of any nintendo games.

What console are you looking for in particular?

Mostly GBA and SNES

For some reason Nintendo nuked/restricted a few of the more recent no-intro sets on archive.org but the older one is fine so enjoy.
ia600500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.zip
ia800500.us.archive.org/zipview.php?zip=/33/items/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03/Nintendo - Game Boy Advance.zip

Thanks, user.

Torrents nigger

You'd think that but unless you're in a private tracker the selection is kinda confusing (incomplete sets marked as complete, random set selections, undated sets, setfixes labeled as sets, 368GB singlefile torretns etc) and shit, rutracker isn't as bad though.

At least my degeneracy in incomplete.

124 here. is this place really so full of virgins? i thougt that was a meme…

i see you're too young to remember the great 16-bit shitflinging wars. i remember seeing actual fistfights break out at school over snes/genesis arguments

Nigger, really?
>>>/cuckchan/

Recommendations?

So is Project 64 with plugin my best option? If so, thanks. Normally wouldn't ask and just use the wiki, but I'm dealing with N64 emulation (which is very game dependent) and trying to emulate a specific addon .

No problem, very specific issues / setups aren't always easy to deal with.

Should I use BGB or Gamebatte? Wiki doesn't have a page for BGB and says Gamebatte hasn't updated much.

Console peasants, when will they learn.

Either is fine both are very complete and compatible, main difference is that BGB has some hacked in SGB border support and Gambattte is open source

Will I ever be able to play Gun Valkyrie with un-inverted controls Holla Forums?

JSRF seems to be doing pretty well on CXBX-Reloaded so far. Can't wait for the next public build.

you might think those are negatives but I'm actually impressed. This is the first time I've seen XBOX emulation footage that didn't look like a bullshot (ie perfect video, no audio. shit like that). I can actually buy that this is underway

Anyone have the iso for Demon Souls?

solid robot at 37, on the verge of being a wizard apprentice
kill me before its too late

lol fag

You could pay someone to have sex with. Lots of whores out there.

My problem is that I just genuinely don't LIKE people, if they ever need someone on a 1000 year old lonely space journey I'll volunteer.

Get out normalcuck.

Anyone got any good recommendations for Wii U games to emulate?

Wow, a 150 replies in and we're getting our first hardwarecuck. I guess you're this faggot in this image:

Been playing Sonic Colors with Dolphin. I'm surprised how much a difference it makes when you map the directions to the pad on your PS4 controller while mapping left and right to the shoulder buttons. It makes the quick step more to play with, similar to the controls in Generations.

This is why we get shit like Andromeda and Horizon because you guys emulate and pirate shit all the time, because SJWs actually pay for the games.

Btw if you're gonna come up with an insult, you best to do better than "hur ha ur duh guy in dat picture".

Time to leave
>>>/reddit/
>>>/neofag/
>>>/somethingawful/

I know this is bait, but you should realize that emulation does not necessitate piracy. You can dump games and bios files yourself for use with emulators.

But how many people actually do that? The guy who uploaded it to emuparadise?

Nothing fuels my hatred more than fucking children who know shit about anything

Stop fucking stealing shit you spoiled fucking brats.

Come on, step up your bait game.

People can't play every game they know about when they're new. They might not have the time, or they may simply have looked it over at the time.
So you'd rather children be ignorant.

Dude Nihilism lmao

Xenoblyat chronicles x if you want to kill yourself, and then everything else is just mario games. use Ziperto for loadiine isos.

Ask in share thread.

Holy shit, this is good.

How do I use cheats in Gambatte? I go to add a cheat, but I can only put 3 characters in the field.

Shit

How is the new version of Cemu? Do you still need 16GB+ RAM to run BotW?

I want this guy to make more posts. Pls come back

So you're saying Meme Club was right.

Also you need like an i7-6700k

PSA : JSRF FUCKING WORKS. almost 20 years later. booted up CXBX Reloaded and it fucking plays perfectly (except for some hardcore grapchical glitches). At this rate it will be playable before winter comes. Also, i'm getting flawless 60FPS on a 3770K. The glitches only manifest when you look in a specific direction.

yeah you know what i meant. perfectly as in it works unlike what we had in the last years with XQEMU amd all that. Sorry man but my excitement about this cant be contained. I've been waiting for this for decades and it's finally within grasp.

Fuck. Where did it all go so wrong? I scored a fucking mid-50 on this just a year ago.

Going to uni was a mistake; it's made me have to socialise with people more often.
If I fuck a chick, I advance to Chad. This truly is frightening.

Oh, and for the thing I actually came to this thread for:
I downloaded the latest version of NoIntro SNES I could find and it's all in .sfc. A forum post mentioned I should use NSRT to remove the headers, or should I not, as the NoIntro metadata is in those headers?

oh wow Dragons Crown got a fix for RPCS3 to prevent those random crashes.
If anyone is actually interested in it here is the patch you need to add
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3013#issuecomment-320465335

I need help.

I need plain old PS1 ISO's but most sites upload folders and shit with bins and they very rarely work. anyone know how to convert them to ISOs or a site with just plain ISO files?

Sorry for reddit, but biting the hand that feeds you and all that:
reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/641f4t/converting_psx_bin_to_iso/

Apparently you can convert .bin and .iso to a .pbp which saves more space and works fine.
If you want to use .bin files, one of the comments describes how to create a .cue file to make them work on the emulator.

Doesn't EmuParadise give out .ISOs?

I'd start with using a non-shit emulator, tbh.

PPSSPP doesnt let you play PS1-PSP titles, but I'll give it a try I guess

yeah, PBP dont work on PPSSPP

bin and cue is the ideal format to store redbook CDs.
Start using an actually good emulator.

OK what emulator should I use? epsxe is a pain in the ass and pcsx1 is shite

Mednafen. Or Retroarch's Beetle-PSX.

That. I don't know why people still fuck around with plugin-based emulation for the playstation.

Only poor babys emulate.

dont you have a CRT thread to be shitting in right now?

i want to play turok 2 on nintendo 64 with mouse and keyboard controls so i can relive my childhood and blow raptors in half with explosive shotgun shells and use handheld WMDs on swarms, and the cerebral bore on everone else.

i have perfect dark and goldeneye working on the 1964 emulator but it doesnt seem to work with turok.

someone spoonfeed me so i dont have to go through endless forums that link to dead webpages for info.

Pirate the PC version instead.

thats a pretty easy solution user. thanks. but im still pretty angry.

As others have said, bin/cue are best, you're probably a dumbfuck that's loading the bin file instead of the cue. Also EP hosts PS1 games in a different compressed format, plus the sites getting cucked with takedown notices, it should be a last resort.

what's the best sharp x68000 emulator to use?

Want to emulate some ps1 games using a ps3 controller.
Trying to use better Ds3, but it can't see my ps3 controller.
Any help?

79, Cyborg.
Might have been a bit harsh on myslelf. Feel like I could be a low-end normalfag if I made an effort.

github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit

91 - Slightly Strange

A decent balance, I suppose. Not too autistic but not too normalfaggy.

why does 53 have to count as robot, goddamnit.

This.

It's probably best to go for the Nightfive Studios version, but if your PC is somehow under the requirements for that- there is the original port from the 90s.

Because they're not hard to use and offer support that others don't like NeGCon support.

Shit, you're right. What the fuck was I thinking? Of course I would trade that infinitely superior compatibility, accuracy, and shader support in a heartbeat just so I could use an obscure gimmicky peripheral.

How the fuck did I know that your response would be "waaaah, gimmick!" You can use a real wheel in PSX and PS2 games now that supported it. That's a huge number in PSX titles and an admittedly less huge number for PS2. But it's also good for perspective correction which is only available in builds you have to compile yourself for beetle/mednafen, on top of overall performance not being as good. Accurracy is important, but for the average gamer, so is performance. If it can't upscale the video or have playable frame rates, might as well not bother.

fuck off.

Save states ARE pretty lame, but in a lot of games I can't help but abuse them. I obsess over getting perfect results even if I don't need them at all.

On the other hand I don't really see any problem with saving between battles in something like a JRPG. Yes it's supposed to be part of the difficulty, having to repeat the whole area if you die, but those games take enough time as it is.

3570k is still pretty damn high up there on single core, especially if you got a good overclock. I don't know how well ps3 emulator works for multi core though. The whole "cell" thing might actually translate to multi threading easily.

Pfffhahahahaha rofl

archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-09-06
username: [email protected]/* */
pass: emugen

Every time I install that hit it fucks up my pc. All of my drivers stop working and I can't do shit until I do a system restore.

From what I've seen from other anons who use it, had problems, and ended up fixing them; you need to 100% have all of the shit from the 'Installation Requirements' section installed, and then follow the installation instructions 1:1. Also if you're using some sketchy and wholly unnecessary third-party antivirus/antimalware (i.e. non-windows defender), that could be fucking with it.

spotted a pedophile

sounds a little iffy, but I'll give it another go

If you want a dualshock that works straight up with no complex installation, upgrade to a DS4, grab DS4Windows or InputMapper, and get used to the shitty 12hr battery life. Getting the DS3 to work with everything definitely takes some doing.

I'm not doubting that using a DS4 is really easy, but the easiest is a DS2 with a USB adapter. With that you don't even have to manually install any drivers.

I'm talking about using it for everything. DS4 works "without drivers" as well (as DirectInput, the same as any other USB gamepad), but if you want to use it for xinput, you absolutely need extra software with that DS2, the same as the DS3 and DS4.

Nice

If you're gonna use a DS2 with a USB adapter then might as well buy a generic USB gamepad and save yourself them money as both with function the same.

B-but muh analog meme buttons.

no affordable USB adapter for DS2 allows analog buttons.

wew I fucked that up
*and save yourself some money as both function the same

I've been using ePSXe happily for a very long time. However the version that I'm using is really old like 1.7 or something and my knowledge of PS1 emulators is equally outdated. So is the ePSXe still the way to go or has some better alternatives popped up? Preferably something that allows you to toggle between windowed and full screen mode and allows you to change the resolution on the fly. My outdated version is clumsy as fuck when it comes to that so that's why I'm asking.

Oh and if it makes any difference I'm more interested in playing PS1 games on my big modern TV screen than having an authentic 90s experience.

If you don't care about about bells and whistles like higher rendering resolution or perspective correct textures then get mednafen. Its the most accurate PS1 emulator and probably the only one with proper PS1 audio. Doesn't accept shit dumps(which you probably have) so you'll have to get proper ones.

If you do want to raise the internal resolution and want to see actual straight lines then PCSXR-PGXP is the way to go. Get the build off of emucr and the plugins listed in its Ngemu thread.
Theres Beetle PSX too which is an unholy abomination between mednafen and PGXP. The end result is that it doesn't do any of those as good as the other two emulators and is pretty much requires Retroarch to use. I wouldn't recommend it, if you encounter any issues(and you will) you would have to deal with the extreme autist that is Twinaphex.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Beetle PSX-HW which is a completely separate fork? Beetle PSX is just Mednafen with downstream updates.

Yeah Beetle PSX HW has PGXP while Beetle PSX is just an outdated version of mednafen with libretro jacked in.

But it has pioneered features that were then implemented in Mednafen at a later date. I get that you've got a vendetta against Retroarch, but come on user. You're being silly.

I can't tell if you're being cheeky or not
The fact I've seen this exact line repeated by other retroarch fanboys on different forums is pretty funny.

Also
means that it is fucking outdated. You're fooling no one here schlomo.

I'm not seeing an argument there, just more silly, nondescript shit like it being "worse". I don't know if this is an emotional fanboy issue or what, but you're making bold, sweeping, and frankly ridiculous claims here.

Heh, now I'm a jew for questioning why you're publicly shitting your pants over Beetle PSX with a bunch of vague claims? I think you should take a break from chans and go play some vidya, user.

There is literally nothing to argue here. The Beetle PSX core is outdated compared to standalone mednafen. Has been for a long time. It doesn't even support all the peripherals Mednafen supports and the compatibility is worse as noticed by the false reports the mednafen dev receives from people who are using that outdated version.
You sound like a typical retroarch fanboy, trying to deflect from issues and obfuscating them, insulting anyone who tries to point them out. Go back to your echo chamber discord/IRC/whatever your schlomo overlord uses while counting his shekels.

In what way? Because it still has fucking incredible features that Mednafen doesn't have. We need specifics here.
Okay, what peripherals? If you're talking about retarded shit like you can have that, but why would I, or 99.9999% of users care?
Give me specifics. Where is the compatibility worse? What games?
See because I already called you on that. You can't just regurgitate what I just said to you and expect me to not call you on it again.
That's literally what you're doing right now instead of providing the specific examples that I've politely asked for.
Still not an argument :^)

You retrotards are pathetic.

I know I'm not the only one who noticed that's exactly how this whole thing played out. I suppose whatever cursory googling you did in a post-factum attempt to back up your claim didn't pan out. Oh well. If you do decide to grace us with your wisdom on the subject, I'd love to see you delve into the real nitty-gritty about all of those compatibility issues.

I've had this conversation with your ilk before and every single time I end up repeating myself with no change in your ignorance whatsoever
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/70
That issue was patched in Mednafen a year back.
Beetle PSX does not support the PS1 mouse or any other PS1 peripheral for that matter that has been supported in Mednafen standalone.

This isn't even counting all the timing issues which have been ironed out in standalone for over a year that haven't been backported to Beetle. For someone who seems to be a fan of the software, you sure know fuckall about it.

Is that it? Sheeeit, I'll happily take that in exchange for GTE overclocking.

nobody gives a shit about your low standards. If I want accurate results I wouldn't recommend the abomination that is beetle psx. You're arguing with me because you're a defensive fanboy who got his panties in a bunch over the harsh truth that Beetle psx isn't worth using.

Hey, if you want to trade insanely accurate performance with NTSC-U games and zero framerate drops which elevates it above the original hardware, in that regard in exchange for being able to play Fantastic Pinball Kyuutenkai with an official Playstation Mouse, don't let me stop you. I'll leave it up to other anons to do a cost-benefit analysis on that one to find which will provide them with the optimal user experience.

If I wanted all the bells and whistles I wouldn't be using Beetle PSX either. The Overclocking feature is limited compared to even something like Epsxe and the fact you think that the piece of shit is "insanely accurate" despite literally not booting certain games makes me think you're more of a huckster than anything else.
As I said before, go back to your echo chambers where people actually believe your half baked rhetoric instead of wasting server space of this site.

How's that? Slowdown is gone. You can't make it any "less gone". Honestly, at this point you're just making shit up, and it's getting sad.
Wait, wait. You've made the claim that it's an "outdated mednafen". Are you claiming that Mednafen was a "piece of shit" before it supported a handful of gimmicky peripherals and Fantastic Pinball Kyuutenkai? You've got some strange tastes, friend.
Trying too hard to recapture the burn I already laid on you earlier. Anyway, now that the cards are on the table, I'll be magnanimous and give you the last word. Use it wisely.

Yeah right schlomo
It doesn't even stop framedrops in Soul Reaver, let alone Deception 2.
Your retarded ass isn't worth the (you)s I've given so far so don't expect any more from me.

I'm trying to play Persona 1 on the PPSSPP but i know jackshit about settings. What are the best ones?
I have a 3570k and a HD7870

It should work fine for you on default settings
Check the forum thread if you encounter any issues.

Like broken graphics and shitty audio?

Has DS emulation been mastered yet? I'm trying to run Warioware DIY and getting this.

How the hell did my score increase? I was a Cyborg the last time I scored myself.

try switching between the software and the opengl renderer.

That did it, thanks and a half.

Has any emulator to X-bone finalized?

So Odin Sphere got a patch which allows you to get past the trophy loading screen in RPCS3. Haven't tested it much but runs pretty well, at least in the intro.

you mean an emulator to run xbone games or emulators on the xbone?

Here is a webm of it mainly for the audio.
There is some minor audio crackling/stuttering but it runs pretty well.

What's the state of 3DS emulation? Is Ace Attorney playable already?

poor
no

SoJ should be mostly playable in a month or two. DD is totally broken.

Fuck. Where I can pirate Android version of DD?

This can download a bunch of Xbone emulators for GBA, N64, SNES, PSP etc.
If you want an emulator that plays Xbone games, you're out of luck. No one has even started trying, to my knowledge.

Which site do you lads use to download PS3 games?

I use nicoblog,psndl and sometimes ps3iso

What the fuck is up with these guys?
Also, in my experience PCSX2 compiled with gcc 6 performs better so if any of you lads compile your emulators yourselves or you run a distro that makes it easy definitely do it.

Bone has no games anyway, and microsoft is releasing most of the non-games in it with UWP.

You don't really need them if you have a good PC. The settings are mostly a compromise between performance and accuracy. Just set the renderer to OpenGL, disable all hacks except MTVU, set blending to high and mipmapping to full.
If something doesn't work properly with that then its not going to work properly at all.

Hey, and who are you to say that it can't be? Maybe the platform partisanism thing doesn't make sense to you simply because YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG?

How about you try gaming on a machine powered by a Cyrix chip? MIPS and PowerPC powered ones sound good.

Also, try using a Bitcoin-mining type GPU! Also, Amiga, ReactOS…

Don't even joke about that

Found the poor fag NIGGER.

You went to a school full of niggers, didn't you?

Doing God's work, user.

I wish I was living in the 90s again. Playing vidya and reading good gaming and computer magazines. Not to mention the joys of early internet.

Cyrix is totally gloriously fucking BUSINESS CLASS, niggers don't have jobs.

foun the underage.

What do you mean joke? What could be more awesomazing than a 68060 powered amiga? Not enough for you? Well, then it needs the accelerator card, oh do they not make those anymore? Throw in a Cell processor card! And take a gamecube, they're all over the damd place, and turn that into an accelerator card too! And then add in a third coldfire based accelerator card. And a fourth accelerator card with a super-FX chip cranked into the Ghz range, and a fifth one with a Ghz sega virtua processor for good measure, let's see anyone scoff at THAT!

So, I've tried RPCS3 yesterday, with persona 5. It ran at about 20ish FPS, but my issue is a different one. For some reason, diagonal stick movements had lower sensitivity than in cardinal directions, so my character would walk diagonally instead of running.

I am using old scp drivers (pic related) to emulate my dualshock 3 as XInput. Originally, I blamed this diagonal issue either on the drivers, or the calibration settings. However, after doing anything I could to solve sensitivity issue, it still doesn't work properly in RPCS3. But PC games with native controller support have no issues, so I suspect this is on the emulator. Did anyone else have this issue, and how did you solve it?

Forgot pic.

Toy with squircle factor or something like that in the RPCS3 config file.
I think that's what affect the way sticks are interpreted.

post some N64, PSX, etc underatted titles that i can fuck with. the more obscure the better.

Here's some PS1 stuff I don't see mentioned very often.

Yep, that worked. Had to lower it to about 4000 to get similar performance on all segments of the circle.

i still have sanvein sitting in a box somewhere. it's a nice coffee break bullet hell. it's not bad but compared to everything else it's like diet soda.

The efficient solution would just be to duplicate the X-box. Maybe start by duplicating the sound system? Or make a video card that can perfectly immitate that Geforce 3.5 with a wrapper?

I'm always surprised at how things run really smoothly then it tries to generate something specific and lags like mad until it's gone. Pikmin 3 for example emulates beautifully but then drops to ~9 frames per second when it's pouring juice into a jar. I get that fluid physics are pretty demanding as is but there's no problem with the water on the map.
Also what the hell is with CEMU deciding to play every sound once in a row after a lag spike every so often?

Game? I've never had this happen.
though i've only used it to play 30 hours or so of BOTW at 20 or less fps

Whats the better way of putting roms on steam. I need a way so it works for my steam link without the back and forth from my pc.

36, was 68 last time I took it.

RPCS3 just had a major update that gives double digit FPS boosts in most games. Downside is you have to build up a shader cache per game (which persists across sessions) and the game runs much choppier till you do (takes like 10 mins a game) and it adds about a minute to game boot time.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 is working pretty decent right now.

I'm so happy being a cyborg.

58. I think my score's gone up in the past year, slightly.
God as my witness, I will one day score in the 90s.

Get your asses on that Star Fox Weekend challenge ROM and post them high scores.

I looked it up, somebody had a screen-cap of around 155,000.

Cyborg, I would probably be a normalfag in all honesty if I haven't been avoiding women since I was 10.

93, but mostly boosted by the "Social" category. Should really account for "no longer interested in romantic endeavors" or something.

Is there no better Genesis emulation than Gens and Fusion?

I thought this was supposed to be a fun little game, not a biting reminder of how much I fucked up my life.

Why is that image so fucking true holy shit

at leas u got dubs pal

WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE CAN I FIND YOU.

Hardwarecucks BTFO

can some user help me? I'm trying to convert a nes rom to .gba so I can run it on my flash cart but it's not working

C:\Users\c\exit_patched_5-23-08>all_compile.py -p pocketnes.gba "Metal Storm (U).nes"

Rom title missing.

but it's definitely in the folder what am I doing wrong?

Its probably a header issue.

fake ;)

is there a way to download single roms from those .zip files?
I wanna download some gba games but don't have 12 gigs of space free as of now

wew

kek whatever man you get what you pay for

the wii u can't even run N64 games properly m8

Rofl not even the n64 can run n64 games properly but it is the best it gets atm

hell, not even an actual N64 can run most N64 games properly

Nintendos worst console tbqh, the wrong company left the console race

hear hear

Hudson didn't develop consoles you stupid nigger.

Are you fucking retarded?

What's with the stigma towards RetroArch?

what stigma, retroarch is fucking great

It's caused by awful UI that is on dwarf fortress level.

But that's its old UI.

Lakka is fucking great.