Team Fortress 2 Vintage: still no V3 edition

Recent news
VERSION 2.5 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS

TF2V, what is it?
TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads
Full game:
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage

Mirrors:
Current full build (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUONmhiMXF5VjJVbUk
Current patch (V2R1 to V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOa3VXd2d6NFEtcWM
Current Server files (V2.5): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZVRBMVlXVWRiVFE

TF2V GIT REPO
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL
The game has been seeing a rise in popularity and with the moddb's page going up and interest increasing it's taking off. Not anywhere near as popular or well known as TF2 yet, but still up there

We need a new thread
pastebin.com/w2zexV25
Adjust the text as needed

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/.
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZ25KTUpZRFNoV28
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZGtFb3FjcDY4ZDQ
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM
mega.nz/#!cvoBxQDK!5Da0OFXFvj3Z_yCLC0D6lbKbKvxnfsJQPjDd540JUPU
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
gamebanana.com/maps/168045
gamebanana.com/maps/46859
gamebanana.com/maps/40542
gamebanana.com/maps/57291
gamebanana.com/maps/74460
gamebanana.com/maps/69298
gamebanana.com/maps/74124
gamebanana.com/maps/65823
gamebanana.com/maps/86128
gamebanana.com/maps/153641
gamebanana.com/maps/78729
gamebanana.com/maps/91575
wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Vintage
tf2maps.net/threads/valve-maps-decompiled.5952/
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOU09yNEs2cEdwd1E
mediafire.com/file/psvzfn1g760anyf/TF2Vintage-master_ZGok_8-2-2017.7z
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GUS2F2zrvxUjRDcWhWQnpNRkE
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUmJwZ2xtNHQ4M0k
media.steampowered.com/client/runtime/steam-runtime-sdk_latest.tar.xz
files.catbox.moe/9i55ee.7z
github.com/yourname/tf2vzgok.git
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage.git
github.com/tf2vZgok/TF2Vintage.git
github.com/tf2vZgok/tf2v-Zgok
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_Rollback/Rollforward_zones_for_payload_maps
gamebanana.com/skins/111146
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUnFMNXVTOEtaWTg
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOdGRPM2hnd09JYTg
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480152564&searchtext=
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOcmZoTlZlN05pWjA
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DSHpOQlYzeC1MTFk
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475737677
gamebanana.com/maps/174425
gamebanana.com/maps/59565
github.com/MaartenS11/TF2Vintage
files.catbox.moe/4v4l8q.7z
github.com/radanon/tf2v-Zgok/tree/linux-etc
github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage.
github.com/radanon/tf2v-Zgok-linux
files.catbox.moe/zkjl3c.7z
github.com/radanon/tf2v-Zgok-linux/releases
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Vice
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/ICE
the303.org/tutorials/spraylogo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.

What you need:

1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM

Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )

2. TF2V from OP.

3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4

In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/. Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.

Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.

Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.

Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.

Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.

That's it, make sure everything works.

You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:

ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help

Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.

PlayerName=Anonymous

Self explanatory.

Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.

Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/.

Optional graphics patch for V2.5 here!

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZ25KTUpZRFNoV28

I'll update this pack as shit needs to get added or removed, and if it works well it'll be automatically implemented in V3.

NEED PEOPLE IN Holla Forumsintage fun

It is dead though.
It's just me and one other guy.

Mirrors are not working. Update them.

Updating my game then joining in.

How do I import my sprays now tho?

nvm figured it out

WE HAVE 4 PEOPLE COME ON

MAKE TF2 LOOK GOOD V1.1 (OPTIONAL PATCH)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOZGtFb3FjcDY4ZDQ

V2R1 to V2.5 PATCH
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOTEdoVFhoQXY3a1E

V2.5 FULL
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeWZud2IzbHpOUmM

This is actually a lot of fun.

simple things tend to be the most fun. That's what I like most about vintage

five people, get in here

You niggers made download version 3 and now are back on 2?

are the two servers both running v2.5 now?

That's my fault for jumping the gun without realizing what the so files were.

I believe so I can connect to them. the major game changing overhaul is V3 which we still need someone with a linux distro to compile a build that either myself or dev user have slapped together. preferably a devanon build if he wants to push out one

4V3 GET IN HERE

So when are we getting items?

I was going to take the data from my build and then the compiled code for yours for V3. V3 might also get the graphics patch thrown in there just cause.

I'm going to see about something commonly requested for TF2V sometime this week, I think I'll throw that in the server edition if it works.

never

5V6 get in here

new standalone torrent coming soon to stores near you
It'll come packed with the missing teleporter sounds. Airblast should be there too

that was fun while it lasted. In any case I've been pouring over PL's code and everything seems to be in order. Is it a problem with the maps maybe? I need to test

mega.nz/#!cvoBxQDK!5Da0OFXFvj3Z_yCLC0D6lbKbKvxnfsJQPjDd540JUPU
Standalone torrent updated and hopefully taft free
Now in 7z!

TF2 has always sucked and removing all the update weapons won't make it any better.

Do not respond to this

I can be your nigger if you want me to user but only for you

Two a-at once?

Fug all of you I'm going to idle in the server.

so yeah looking at PL. it seems the calls are correct, it might be the maps themselves. I dunno

Does this have offline games with bots working?

why would you play a onlinme game offline with bots, are you anti-social? also yes but the maps need navmeshes to work

Of course i'll play online with all of you, but sometimes i want solo practice.

That's fair enough. But yeah bot commands are in, how well they work I dunno. but like I said the maps need navmesh to work

I've been looking at bot support, it seems likely. I'm trying to fight a few commands with the bots to load them into the serb but when those are good it seems like they should work in theory.

Still waiting for linux libraries

archives of previous threads
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747

I've posted my V3 build, you could build binaries because I dunno how the fuck to. I can barely get my head around the C++

So I got bots to work kind of, I just need to get them to feel good before I go and send anything off.

well the build we're using of TF2 that didn't have bots natively. I think the bots are SDK side so they aren't as refined as the TF2 bots. Best way to git gud though is with the guys

Someone come play with me.

I know, so I took the bot scripts that were around before TF2 Bots came around and configured them to work with TF2V. They're not great right now and need a lot of tweaking to be good, but they can do some of the basic things right now like cap points and push carts. The only issue really is trying to get them to push forwards and attack and dealing with the strange movement systems.

Rip my interests in this project

If you want weapons go play retail TF2. you'll get 40+ gigs of visual cluster fucks. It's been pretty much agreed at this point that it'll just start a slippery slope of what weapons should be "accepted". and why the fuck would we add things when most of this is a hot mess right now?

The games 8 gigs, I downloaded it last week on my laptop
I still play tf2 everyday user, but all my favourite servers are dead so I was hoping this would become a good substitute
I find vanilla boring, having played at least 500 hours on vanilla only servers. Items make the game fun even if most of the weapons and hats post 2012 are terrible

I do play retail tf2, pretty much daily. It's only about 8 gigs, I redownloaded it on my laptop a few weeks ago.
I used to be a faggy purist who sperged about muh vanilla and how it was the best way to play tf2. After about 1000 hours of only playing vanilla servers I realised that items aren't actually all that bad except most of the weapons and cosmetics post 2012-2013, there's a pretty hard line where they started to get really cancerous and that the games actually pretty fun with them.
As the name of the project implies, tf2 vintage, I thought it'd be a return to the golden days of tf2. The era where all the current vintage items in tf2 came from.

Shit, I double posted. Thought the first one didn't post. I fleshed out what I wanted to say better in the second post

The comics really made the TF2 story pretty shit.

Pinkerton and Wolpaw made a weird clusterfuck out of the game by forcing shit like Australians/Australium and trying to wrap game disparities around what they'd established or were pushing. For instance they could've just as easily written off that Australium's effects are only centered around Australia's capital city and because Sniper didn't live around there he didn't turn buff and sport a moustache (the same goes for his parents), but instead they did a big goofy Superman reference and wrote him off as a New Zealander and that's why he isn't under Australium's effects- which still doesn't make sense because Radigan Conagher was in direct contact with Australium for quite some time and underwent its full effects even though he was a Texas native.

Also what you mention, TFC's level of technology is more advanced than TF2's and makes no sense whatsoever trying to place it on a timeline with TF2 (the only allusion to TFC in general before the comics was showing Engi's father is TFC's Engineer, even still depicted in TFC's flat-textured style). Even taking into account that they were being given quite a lot of high-tech equipment and had a Conagher on their team it doesn't add up with when it's stated to take place. Also what TFC Heavy claims about the mercs ("they're the laughing stock of the merc underworld") completely flies in the face of the game's entire premise and there is no fucking way Scout is supposed to be 28.

Nope, if we started adding items it's a slippery slope. We add a few and then someone will pipe up about "why isn't this item in the game?"

Stock works because there are no gimmicks attached to the weapons thus people actually have to function as a team which I've noticed a lot of people playing seem to be from that era where there was nothing but gimmick weapons being fielded. and while some weapons are straight upgrades stock actually forces you to git gud. As someone who loves engineer it means I can't plop my sentry down in the middle of a battlefield and use a wrangler to not only tank damage but to shoot people far away. I actually have to set up in a spot where my sentry is more likely to kill than the enemy is to kill my sentry.

Try 18, while vpk files managed to reduce some of the bloat, vintage still takes up less space

Some of the custom maps in rotation are shit, can we replace them with some of these. Also Highly recommend cashworks and Gydan. I used to play them back when FFN was an actual thing and they had it on their grabbag server

gamebanana.com/maps/168045
gamebanana.com/maps/46859
gamebanana.com/maps/40542
gamebanana.com/maps/57291
gamebanana.com/maps/74460
gamebanana.com/maps/69298
gamebanana.com/maps/74124
gamebanana.com/maps/65823
gamebanana.com/maps/86128
gamebanana.com/maps/153641
gamebanana.com/maps/78729

Also Tug of war with PL
gamebanana.com/maps/91575

Don't forget Saxton Hale saying the same thing. Also him claiming that he's not sure if 4 mercs can't read and write.
Who would even be those 4 mercs? Whenever I re-read that comic with him and Miss Pauling I do a double take at the class list.

I want you to know you're preaching to the choir mate. I know the benefits stock only has on the game. However I also know the benefits different weapons have on the game, having played hundreds of hours of both.

Go on the wiki and find the page for vintage weapons. Cast your mind back to when only those weapons were in the game. It wasn't the cluster fuck the game is now, it was stylised and focused. The weapons added depth and new ways to play that didn't sacrifice the core attributes of each class. That's the feeling I got when I heard about tf2 vintage. A return to the vintage era of tf2.

At least tf2v(intage) will be easy to rebrand as tf2v(anilla). Calling it vintage is a lie.

Problem is added weapons detract from each class, black box made the soldier self sufficient, a good solly could become untouchable.

Sandvich is a free medium health kit and if you have full health after eating it and grab a health pack you get another free med medkit.

Wrangler? makes it too easy for engineers to just set up in the middle of the battlefield and mow down or ding up enemies..

Huntsman? hitbox detection for projectiles is shit. not to mention the headshot box for the hitbox is massive and spans the whole top 1/4 of the hitbox

Again the weapons have issues and instead of playing god and forcing to focus on balancing weapons sticking with stock is the best bet. And again people will start bitching about "why isn't X weapon in the game?" Devanon did say he'll add a loadout system once everything is stable so if someone DOES want to take a few select weapons they can branch out. but pretty much everyone playing is fine with stock.

For Saxton Hale it's probably him failing to hide that he loathes the mercs seeing as most or all of them have been depicted reading at one point or another. Closest guesses would be Demoman, Pyro, Soldier and Scout, and Demo's the only one I can't remember directly reading anything on at least one occasion. But Demo's in the same boat as Engineer where he wasn't actually featured in the comics terribly much, though Engineer probably wasn't included (to the point the team doesn't ask where their fucking Engineer is when assembling their "full team") because he'd have solved a lot of the comic's problems just by existing, and Pauling was given a heavily toned down version of the "techie" role along with Spy.

On the note of Scout there's a community-contributed item description (approved by Valve) that says Scout is 23, which is a hell of a lot more likely than him having that attitude at 28.

I missed that, what happened?

Still need help by the way in building linux server files. I dunno if Dev user wants to post his latest build after I submit mine or what but we can't update to v3 till this gets done.

The issue of weapons is why I'm pleased pre-Mannconomy seems to have been the decision-point for when to cut off updates since that's what everybody seems to agree upon as for when content began to stagnate or decline in quality and when weapons still tried to at least roughly adhere to basic guidelines. It's clear people want weapons even despite the shitflinging about which ones are kosher and which not and I remember those scripts one user was working on that allowed weapons as a server-setting. I mean, after all, there isn't actually as much demand for stock-only as stated, otherwise they'd be quite populous servers on retail TF2, the reality of it is stock-only servers haven't been a widespread thing since shortly after weapons were introduced in the first place. Weapons are fine, you just need to be choosy about which ones, and Vintage affords the opportunity to completely retool a bunch of weapons (primary thing I can think of is no self-heal weapons under any circumstances without a significant drawback as in the case of Sandvich's primary use).

Black Box healing based on how much damage you dealt/how many people you hit was complete horseshit, I'm glad Valve nerfed it the way they did to how it is presently but I also wish they'd actually adhered to its original design and made it a single-shot tankbuster launcher. Sandvich is as easy as making it so picking up a thrown one just gives it back if you try abusing it for a mid-medkit and forces you into its sitting duck function if you want free healing, Wrangler still requires a lot of set-up even with hauling and a simple solution is "just kill the engineer already" (or the tried and true explosives-classes), Huntsman is broken but tooling about with how it works is possible. And the all-encompassing and seemingly unanimous decision amongst these threads that weapons should be on the table, but shouldn't be touched or considered until the core gameplay has been ironed out, alternate gameplay modes actually work, and we stop being inundated with stupid TF2C bugs like model-quality crashing the game because a sentry got destroyed or built.

Engineer doesn't feature in the team's shenanigans, and instead he (for some reason with a Scotch Saver beard and wearing BLU clothing) attends to the Administrator's australium life-extension machine and optimizes it as the metal grows increasingly scarce. Instead it's Pauling who usually handles whatever technological challenges come across, and to a lesser extent Spy. I do get the sneaking suspicion though that they didn't include Engineer largely because they didn't know what the hell to do with him as a character; his game-personality really can't be misconstrued the way most of the others were in translation from the game to the comics, and as mentioned he could solve a lot of the comic's problems just by being the Engineer (ie teleportation to get where they need to, Expiration Date shows they've got a tele dedicated to going to Mexico for beer-runs for instance). The team also doesn't actually question where Engineer is at any point after assembling their "full" team; Pauling brings him up once as a need-to-acquire, then never again.

Again it's ultimately dev user's decision and adding weapons would be an issue. also please fix formatting it's a bit of an eyesore to read.

right now as far as I'm aware it's just Dev user and I doing work outside of who I know is taft working on packaging the non-steam standalones. I can't speak for devanon but I'm sure help would be appreciated.

Right now there's 3 devs (in the very loose sense) working on TF2V. If TF2C can publicly release their version 5 before TF2V releases version 3 then TF2V is done for without more developers.

Good thing the black box isn't a vintage weapon then, and the wrangler isn't some godlike weapon of mass destruction either. I'll agree with you about the lucksman and the sandvich however, being able to throw the sandvich is too powerful and as you said, the huntsman has shit detection.
It's not like weapon rebalancing will be some astronomical process, most of the vintage weapons are already fairly balanced. The most broken weapons in tf2 like the black box, the tomislav, the bfb, aren't vintage weapons.

Thing is TF2C has been working on their "version 5" for ages behind "closed betas"

Considering whats left of the TF2C community plays the closed betas there isn't much to fear. The only thing keeping V3 is the linux thing which I think I saw 1 user post a small bit of but stopped. Reminder we have like 3 dudes versus their purported 40 and are doing somewhat better. Like I said I've seen some anons attempt to help in terms of fixing shit but like after 3 posts disappear forever

It's not. It really isn't. Not to mention the build we have while it contains SOME custom weapons it doesn't contain ALL of the weapons of TF2 and after stripping out the TF2C ones all you're left with is stock. Unless you want to write code that handles all this bullshit then it's not gonna happen even after it becomes stable because my "post stable" plans involve trying to improve the netcode as well as removing projectile hitboxes and making projectiles use the ballistics hitbox.

Coincidentally, items that existed prior to the Mannconomy Update are labeled as Vintage quality.

wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Vintage

The ones I liked were The Direct Hit, Loch-N-Load, Flare Gun and the Kritzkrieg. Jag is also another one I was interested in adding in. Those weapons also work almost flawlessly in TF2V while other weapons like the FaN are heavily bugged.

also Holla Forumsintage user estate's CTF is bugged the flag stays in the first spot even when the pillar moves

I didn't say it was easy, I said it wasn't impossible. If we stick to vintage weapons the balancing will be minimal, limited to only 2, maybe 3 weapons. Trying to rebalance all of the weapons in tf2 is impossible.

disappointed

let's leave it off the table till the spy doesn't flash gold, the payload cart doesn't lodge you in the ground, the payload HUD actually shows and the myraid of other bugs are stamped out till we ever talk about weapons because it just gets tiring.

This. We all know what feature creep does.

We need someone to compile linux libraries. I've posted a v3 build. I just need an user to actually generate the linked libraries.

alright so a discovery about PL hills

PLR pipeline ha the hills actually working as they should, I leave the cart alone and the cart rolls down.

The newer maps may not have the same logic as pipeline does so I dunno. Can a mapper take a look at the maps in v2 and pour over them?

Right so breakthrough on the Payload hill issue.

The maps don't have the markers for the hill rollback points set. I'd need someone to basically take the official maps vmfs for all PL and PLR variants that have hills and add them for each hill. Last time I tried with upward I fucked up the skybox and the 2nd cap point caused the game to end

TF2Maps.net has the decompiled maps here:
tf2maps.net/threads/valve-maps-decompiled.5952/

Aware of that. I manually extracted the PLR pipeline packaged in TF2V. There is calls to logic_relays that handle the rollback points that seem to be absent from upward, my guess is it's absent from other maps as well that have a hill. Maybe because of the code TF2C used or I dunno. but what I do know is that the build of upward packaged in TF2V is missing the input and output on the train_track_path to actually make the logic of "this is a hill, if no one is on the cart the bomb should roll back to the stop point."

so someone if they could be so kind to, would basically just have to look at a hill in Pipeline, and copy the functionality over the the other maps. I'm still snipping slowly at coding trying to remove all mentions of Deathmatch, the civillian, and the merc.

So on the major list of things to do we have

For minor we have

Also on the topic of bugs, memesystem seems to cause animations issues when played on. I'll have to see if it happens again but animations didn't play properly

V2.5 Server Edition is fucked atm, it's caused by me not adding any models in trying to slim down the size of the game. Throwing the content over from a regular V2.5 works fine though.

Righto. Wish one of you guys running the linux box servers could make the files we need.

Also dev user might wanna turn down the phong lighting on some of the objects. or try and rework the models so only metallic parts have it. Kukri's wooden handle has the same metallic sheen as the blade does and makes it ugly to look at

You're referring to the graphics patch right? I made a new version removing the overly shiny weapons since the SFM models are HD enough.

right. will look at it. gonna call it a night, if I add the logic needed to the PL maps would a mapper take the vmf files and compile them?

I also just took a look at the Soldier taunt and got it to work. What I'm noticing is that just like the medic taunt it plays no sound though strangely.

the sound cues are there though, every single one of them. is it not making a call in the animation files to them?

No clue. All I had to do was update the animations and they played, except the sounds.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOU09yNEs2cEdwd1E

Also, I tried a preliminary fix for Spy and while it did fix the green/gold issue it also messed up other effects like the intel and the like. I think it's tied to however the TF2C variant calls for skins to be applied since the vanilla skin only has 4 skins (Red/Blu/Red Uber/Blu Uber) while the TF2C skin calls 8 skins which sucks because that's something that will need to be fixed with their modelling program.

I can tackle that with blender since the smd plugin is probably more up-todate with that than the 3dsmax one

also taunt is restored yeah, but the shotgun fire noise is missing

The shotgun taunt for soldier? Valve missed an opportunity on making the shotgun shots actually do damage on that taunt.

I'm more worried about getting stuff working first.

Hoping a linux user will produce the distros we need for v3 because I can't

anyone playing?

I can hop on inna bit

TF2V is labeled as "pre-mannconomy" TF2. It's right there in the OP. This implies that IF devanon manages to magic TF2 to make it ultra polished and functional, it'll have every achievement unlock weapons BUT NOT the weapons AFTER MANNCONOMY. IMHO this provides a good balance of "hey i want to use more weapons" and "hey i want to play a non shit version of TF2"

i WONT argue for the addition of hats, since they ruin the art style that TF2 was going for. However asinine shit like taunts(maybe not the dance ones) and what not dont seem to be a problem in my eyesmostly because i really want to use the laugh taunt

LATEST ZGok BUILD

Some minor cleaning up, this is the current most stable build I have. Not suitable for play. only contains soruce code

Fixes

To do next

OK GETTING IN VINTAGE FUN

joining

3 people so far

gotta take care of real world stuff we're at 4 people now

will this work without any steam service ?
because i'm not playing it if not.

Read the second post in the thread, you brave paragon of pirate virtues.

anyone gonna play?

thanks for not calling me a retard, i can do that myself after realizing that literally SECOND POST because i'm a big boy now

wait, what happened ? why didn't you insult me ? this is le chans after all, Holla Forums calls me a kike all the time…?

if only the devs make it a simple executable with no big tinkering, i'll play for sure !

2v2

Can't say I'm surprised.

over here

i am so happy

some dickign around while we wait for more people

checked. We 3v3 now

sorry, can't come, i am not able to use steam in any way… i would have otherwise

there is a no steam client. look at the 2nd post of the thread and also

Am i missing somethng? I downloaded 2.5, but sentries still crash my game

set models to medium quality. there's a issue with it drawing decals on the high quality model. that someone needs to fix. If you want to try your hand at it please do it makes less work for dev user and I

It was an insult. A primary virtue would be "reading the manual"

waddifugg this changes things
i'll remmeber but now i gotta sleep

I sometimes wish I was neet

we have people on, it's weird

WE 6s NOW

Version 2.5 is missing the Old Options/Advanced Options menu where you can change your spray and crosshair. It seems someone accidentally deleted the "OptionsOldButton" part of mainmenupanel.res which causes it to not show up. Here's a fixed version:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GUS2F2zrvxUjRDcWhWQnpNRkE
Throw it in your custom folder.

It's a feature :^)

In seriousness though, I thought the plan was to shift over from the old menu since we have the new menu hence it being gone. I've put it back in and also put in the memory leak fix for Heavy I've noticed with the current HD pack.

FINALLY OUT OF THE HELL THAT IS CTF

I dunno I didn't do anything to the menus. that's on dev user's end

Here's the latest optional HD pack. Now that the memory leak is fixed, adding the particles to the main build of TF2V is likely.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUmJwZ2xtNHQ4M0k

I know, I did that to the menus for V2.5. I reverted it back for next update.

Is there anyway we can make an automatic updater that is somewhat stable? Just so we don't have to redownload it everytime?

If you wanna do that be my guest. but the patches are meant for people with existing versions. the full builds are meant for new people or people needing to do a fresh install.

it was fun

reaction image material

ahh fuck me looks like my sniper just ate out a woman whose red river was running

>>>/radcorp/1264

check the thread.

Dead mod's development is even deader

Why is it called Vintage though? Whenever I search "tf2 vintage" I only get shitty overpriced hats.

because it sounds cool. also it's not exactly "classic"

Think I broke my source build.

Build is done, I don't have the server so someone else will have to test if it worked.
>>>/radcorp/1269

oi sappy can we run a test of this?

I'll set up my experimental client to connect. Will this do it?

is there a git repo anywhere for ZGok?

So what's the verdict?

While the eggheads compile and debug let's go murder eachother.
come join me bls

No I just posted the successful builds as they compile. I have no clue on how to set up a git repo

Need to test it first before a final say can be given

cute gondolas

4v3

also the .sos over at radcorp are still awaiting testing

lost my wall of instructions the first time

There were two problems stopping the build. One is line 9 of game/shared/tf/tf_weapon_grenade_stickybomb.cpp which is a double inclusion of tf_weapon_grenade_stickybomb.h.

The other is in game/server/server_linux32_tf2classic.mak. Because some of the definitions in the related .vpc are of the format {0x01,0x01} etc. on Linux they are expanded out to -D0x01 -D0x01 which breaks the DEFINES += line.

I've added the fixes/build process here for posterity.

Building on Debian:

#run first for x64
sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc:i386

sudo apt-get install build-essential
cd ~
7zr x ../TF2Vintage-master\ ZGok\ 8-2-2017.7z
cd /
sudo mkdir valve
cd valve
sudo wget media.steampowered.com/client/runtime/steam-runtime-sdk_latest.tar.xz
sudo tar xvf steam-runtime-sdk_latest.tar.xz
sudo mv steam-runtime-sdk_2013-09-05 steam-runtime
sudo chown : * -R
./setup.sh #i386, yes to all updates
cd ~/TF2Vintage-master/src
chmod +x createallprojects devtools/gendbg.sh devtools/bin/vpc devtools/bin/vpc_linux devtools/bin/linux/ccache
./createallprojects
perl -pi -e 's/-D\n/-D/gm' game/server/server_linux32_tf2classic.mak
perl -pi -e 's/0x00\n/0x00/gm' game/server/server_linux32_tf2classic.mak
sed -i 's/ -D\([0-9]x[0-9].\)/,\1/g' game/server/server_linux32_tf2classic.mak
sed -i 's/#include "tf_weapon_grenade_stickybomb.h"/\/\/&/' game/shared/tf/tf_weapon_grenade_stickybomb.cpp
make -f everything.mak server_tf

If you need it server.so and server_srv.so are the same file.

Untested result: files.catbox.moe/9i55ee.7z

Forgot one after ./setup.sh
./shell-i386.sh

It would make it easier for you to track your changes and for others to test builds.
If you wanted to host it on GitHub, for example, you could:
Fork the existing TF2V repo and name it tf2vzgok
and then locally
git clone github.com/yourname/tf2vzgok.git
git remote add upstream github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage.git
paste your working folder onto tf2vzgok
git add . | to stage all of the changes you've made up to this point (files listed in .gitignore will not be staged)
git commit -m 'initial ZGok changes' | to create a commit
git push | to send it back to github

From then on you could work something like this:
git branch fixpayload
git checkout fixpayload | create and switch to a new local branch
Make your changes…
git status | show files that have changed
git add fileichanged.cpp | stage a specific file ( use . for all changed files)
git commit -m 'fixed payload'

To have somebody test it:
git push -u origin fixpayload | sends your local branch to GitHub
They could then checkout your branch and test the fix.

If it worked you could then merge your change onto master (or any other branch)
git checkout master
git merge fixpayload
git push

And finally if you wanted to update from the upstream tf2v repo:
git fetch upstream
git merge

fuck me. righto I'll look into

thanks mate

If anyone want's to join I'm in one of the server now

I HAVE BECOME ONE WITH THE GROUND

There's three on right now if anyone else wants to fug around

5v5

Get a git repo up first. Do this and fork the official repo and put your changes there. I want to be able to pull the forked repo and build the files in a single call to a single script, maybe a second to install dependencies.
I refuse to deal with fuckhuge mega links that don't work, and I'm not going to travel through dependency hell just to get this working. This is something you're going to have to figure out.

fair enough

can't figure it out, gitbash and git gui throwing a fit. might be because I downloaded the fork as a .zip

that doesn't really have anything to do with his changes though. The whole thing should be self-contained in /valve/steam-runtime as recommended on valve's own wiki anyway.

it's simplest to run git clone github.com/tf2vZgok/TF2Vintage.git

To be fair the layout is as it was in their shitty git repo

To be fair the layout is as it was in their shitty git repo

also

>$ git remote add upstream github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage.git

github.com/tf2vZgok/tf2v-Zgok
done

nice work

looks like the URL for the upstream repo got cut off, try putting it in quotes (just guessing as I'm not on Windows right now).
If not, you can just manually add this to the .git/config file:
[remote "upstream"] url = github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage.git fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/upstream/*

fixed. the quotation marks worked.now we just need to test the v3 .so files

Maybe some of them should make it into TF2V once its payload mode is stable.

Just got the game installed.
Where's the IP adress?

the logic is missing I think

Does this game have the party van server?

nope.

The logic for hills seems to have changed in TF2 or something because the ONLY map that actually has working hills is PLR_Pipeline even custom maps don't have working hills meaning that the logic is missing or maybe their fgd file doesn't work or something

There might be something else to it involving the payload itself. It's treated as a moving capture-point rather than an entity after all.

that might be it. I'd love some help on this as I continue looking. Still doesn't explain WHY pipeline hills work

Also still need the v3 .so files tested

It's a Floating entity attached to a phys prop and it basically works by hooking itself together and trying to find a line, the Cart itself and the "Cart" as a point are two different entities.

It's kind of like this

Thinking about it, wouldn't it be possible to automatically code in hill logic into TF2V by having the payload hill activate if the derivative of the z axis reaches a certain increment? Point is that if the dz of the new position is positive, it must be moving up a hill and if dz is negative it must be going down a hill while when dz is 0 it's on a flat surface.

well then we need to make a distinction between a hill where the cart must roll back and a hill that it don't

actually also what about maps that don't have a consistent Z axis. We might need to make measurements of various rollback hills

That's the point of coding it in to the game, since it seems none of the TF2 maps coded it in that it must be some kind of thing pre-programmed in. The dz is exactly for measuring out whether or not it's a hill up/down, since dz is used to measure slope of an object and so it can be used here to measure if there is a hill or not.

Quick pseudocode:

if dz >0 then logic hill_upelse if dz

in game the game uses gametype logic to dictate. in payload it uses inputs and outputs.

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_Rollback/Rollforward_zones_for_payload_maps

But it seems the PLR_Pipeline map uses a different thing which allows it to work with vintage's code.

Which means it's still entirely possible to code into TF2V, just add it into the payload gamemode the logic for moving the control point slower/faster and for the cart to move forward/backward when not pushing it.

It certainly doesn't do it like that. There are plenty of payload maps with uneven terrain and no cart rolling. Those spots are specifically displayed by the black-and-yellow sections.

well here's the thing when I tried to load upward into hammer, the map editor the roll back points info is missing.

This the areas are marked like that outside PLR_Pipeline. submit shit to the Z'Gok git and I'll fire it up

They're present in the official TF2 maps, so there's probably a problem with the .bsp's and not the TF2V code.

I tried with the upward from the retail TF2 and still had the issue. pouring over in places in the files there are things commented out, code left as a TODO and even just nothing but a "TODO" where they should be,

Speaking of code spy needs to be fixed up, I need to figure out how to get dispensers to heal enemy spies disguised as friendlies.

Nobody on the serbers again.

I'll fix that

Enjoy pozz

come play tf2 you stupid faggots

Let's have fun.

was fun.

we STILL need v3 .so files test

Lemme know when you can test for those who download the Z'Gok build from 8-2-2017 please note the files under the "game" folder are what you want. either make a copy of your vintage install or help test once a v3 server is running

link the files to this thread and ill throw them on vintage fun

it's in the post I linked to.

look near the bottom of the post. also comes with instructions on how to compile future builds.

Is the build the .so files are based off of. you may want to grab the contents of the game folder and just chuck src. I fixed the main menu making calls to the tf2c commands so it is sorta needed.

That means the windows files are missing though. Where is the latest build for Windows if those are the latest Linux files?

Good fucking taste

Or basically anything in tf2vintage/bin folder.

what ever happened to that 4 team TF2 classic thing?

Lead's currently a tranny and team focus switched into le-epyc-custom-weapons-we-made-lol, instead of our wish of "Tf2 with less equippable weapon shenanigans"

no the client files are in there. every build I've packaged and posted actually compiled. the game folder contains the windows files for client and server. you just have to grab the experimental .so files

Z'Gok is one of my favorite aquatic MS zeon ever made. in MSGO I run a aquatic MS deck that's just Z'Gok, Z'Gok E, Ram Z'Gok and a Z'Gok in the sleeve's colours

It's been in development hell for over a year now, release of a new patch is extremely unlikely but has been talked about as SOON (TM) for the past month and they accepted two more waves of beta testers to test the game under NDA. The difference between TF2C and TF2V is philosophy.

TF2C focuses on custom community gamemodes and loadouts which means you have things like TTT, VSH, VIP and 4 player modes which live TF2 does not. However as a result it has a lot of OC DONUT STEEL crap in it that isn't really that well thought out. In addition, it has 40 developers at at least 25 beta testers playing the game in a Discord server. And REDchanit also endorses it.

TF2V on the other hand is a stripped down depending on who you ask version of TF2C with all that removed and focusing on the content of the base game. That means no OC gamemodes but the focus is on polishing up the base experience. Where TF2V has less variety in gamemodes, it has a lot more content available for the current gamemodes that TF2C doesn't support. It's also a dev team of about three anons who very loosely coordinate on Holla Forums and any one who pitches in feedback.

Which posts are the ones containing the other files? All I saw there was server.so in it.

see

It's not just the source for my build. I tend to just package the whole folder at time of a successful build. contents your looking for are all in the game\tf2vintage folder

One bug I noted from RC1 was that no steam delisted the server so before we get a definitive release from devanon if that problem persists he might wanna take a crack at it

Downloaded it, but it's missing

In that build. Meanwhile the other build you posted server.so which means client.so, client_srv.so and server_srv.so are still missing from the files.

drop the server.so into the build I linked you to. and if you read that post server_srv and server are the same file so just copy server.so and rename the copy

As for client you have the steps there so creating a client copy should be doable for you since it seems all you'd have to do is change the command to reflect it's a client.

So I started looking at the spy's coloring, it seems like when spy disguises it tries to call various skins of the spy rather than his own team. I deleted GRN and YWL and the spy would turn red whenever he would disguise even on BLU. Will compare to TF2's spy textures.

If this was bethesda's engine I could tell you that the texture issue is when a model tries to call for a texture that isn't there or broken.

Actually I just noticed it.

In the base TF2, spy has a fuckton of skin variants for when he disguises. In TF2C, the developers call to those skins for GRN and YLW which is why using very specific disguises on certain teams leads to GRN/BLU.

So when RED disguises as a scout, he turns into a GRN spy. Suddenly makes sense.

Exactly, which is what is happening here. It won't be too much to revert back fortunately.

gamebanana.com/skins/111146
Hopefully we can sneak this in the base v3

I use it myself but still

But the 4 chamber grenadelauncher is already in the game?

Quick and dirty confirmed, already thrown this into V3. Seems like the only major issues left are polishing up the gamemodes and getting engi buildings to stop crashing.

No the model used is still 6 chamber. in fact modern TF2 still has the old beta 6 chamber model.

Engy building according to one user seems to be stemming from a drawing of the scorch mark the ruined building is meant to leave behind. Might wanna look there maybe swap it.

Try counting again? The four barrel grenade launcher was there even in TF2C. The only place that has the 6 barrel one is the character select screen.

From my field testing, the engi building thing is caused by destruction of an engi building by a soldier's rocket launcher. While I think spy sapper might also cause it, I've been able to consistently repeat the issue using the rocket launcher and no other weapon.

Just a new heads up, through my debugging map I was able to find the crash relating to the level 2 and level 3 sentry being hit directly by a soldier rocket when the model graphics are on high. Strange because the burn mark decals render on the sentries even on medium graphics but shooting at them on high is instant CTD.

check the model info see if something's wrong

Im not playing this shit until the arbitrary code execution is fixed and I'll be laughing at you fucks if it turns into another lostboy.exe

You do the ACE only works on custom maps with the exploit built into it right? Not to mention if this exploit existed in old TF2 there would have been reports of it earlier.

thank you anons
I'm assuming redchanit is the tranny
I will keep this in mind in the future

Nope, but still as laughable. >>>/cow/239854/
Kind of ironic since I notice most of the people developing and playing TF2V were once regular REDchanit players.

SPY FIX HERE
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOUnFMNXVTOEtaWTg

This has already been thrown into V3. The only thing stopping V3 is a full compile of tf2vintage/bin with the new content.

DEBUGGING MAP
Which is actually just a really nostalgic early live TF2 map that doubles as a testing ground
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOdGRPM2hnd09JYTg

It's the TF2C Steam group a bunch of anons were a part of. Have you never heard of >>>/redchanit/ from SVU or something?

I'll comp[ile a v3 build but we still need .so files for client. since someone from radcorp gave us the know how for linux fags. I'm going to ask for one last favor?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480152564&searchtext=
This seems fun.

so if sappy or Holla Forumsintage user can compile the client.so I'll prep a v3RC2

ENGINEER FIX 4 (I SWEAR I'LL FIX THAT FUCKING GLITCH EVENTUALLY)

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOcmZoTlZlN05pWjA

Since I've got the bugfixes and stuff, can I get the compiled files instead? I'll ship it out with the (hopefully final) engi fix, spy fix, HD update, animations update and some other changes.

roger

It'd be a lot easier to retain players if there was a fixed release schedule, like once a week or something.

these are more or less hotfixes. actual versions are far and few between mate.

uploading my V3RC2 client. I packaged it wit hthe /radcorp/ .so for the server again we just need client for linux and we're solid

The next main release is V3, which is the new config files making it truly independent of TF2C. While the other user is sorting out the config stuff, I'm trying to stomp out the bugs with spy and engi and some of the maps.

The actual release of V3 won't happen until the configs are compiled for windows and linux for both client and server and can hook into the new variables for configs. Also since some anons are still running on version 1 I might force a full install only due to the scale of this update.

full install would need to actually happen. the class files are different so it would effectively force a fresh install.

while we're waiting for v3, some of you niggers should come play some bideo james

I'd love it if our linux bros could help us because after this it's pretty gonna be just bug fixes from here on out

right here's my compiled build, still needs an updated client.so

We're going to play dustbowl
and we're going to like it

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=475737677

I almost added these maps into V3 as a passing reference to 90's games, but decided against it.

At least it's not one of those shitty meme maps.

gamebanana.com/maps/174425
gamebanana.com/maps/59565

Why not play some bideo james?

Are the servers updated to V3 yet?

Nope, still waiting on client.so for the linux files.

I'm afraid I can't join then. I already updated my game to v3

you weren't supposed to DL the build

honestly I'm kinda begging linux anons at this point to actually build them. the guys over at radcorp already did the heavy lifting nad left a how to, the only difference with the client is the path and file itself

Exactly, if the Linux files can be built then I can in house test V3, polish it up and then release V3 instead of turning V3 into a never ever meme. All that is really needed is the bin files, transplant them into my V3 candidate and then run it through some preliminary beta testing. I don't even know if my engi fix in fully works or not.

you mean the server and client .dll? already ahead of you

as for the engineer fix I'll install it.

Not just the .dlls but the .so as well. I could test the .dlls now, but I'd rather do all of the binaries at once than a few at a time.

well it's either gotta be from a linux fag or radcorp I put the call out to them. if I ask I hope I can use GCC and compile it through that

Have you guys tried asking the linux general or Holla Forums?

no, but I'd figure the linux box anons would help us.

Make it so vintage that it drops Linux support

Nigger

wew
well the /radcorp/ user helped and even posted a how to which I posted here.

I was just votekicked from a game of Dustbowl for Scout capping

Not on here, on vanilla TF2
Anyways TF2 vanilla is dead how is vintage in comparison?

People actually play on Vintage
Reminds me I went back a few days ago, it stuck me on hightower. I got called a tryhard for actually playing.

It take some serious level of faggotry for the stoners in the chat to call out my name just for playing the game let alone having enough people to actually vote me out for it. I'm kind of fucking pissed

Again I'm pretty much done with TF2. I'm considering selling all my shit in that game soince I don't play.

I mean shit I even unequipped all my shit and rolled stock.

You know what's absolutely delicious is one of those faggots trying to start a votekick against the people playing instead of treating Hightower as a perma-deathmatch. Also, you can legitimately eke a good match out of Hightower servers like that sheerly because of the resistance you face in trying to cap.

i wanna play

id's doo lade

is nevr to late :DDD

is there anyone on right now?

no and still no client .so files so I dunno looks like v3 is turning into never ever

I might end up releasing V3 as a Windows only thing unless some Linux anons can compile the binary files required for V3. V3 is being held up for too long and I've not seen any anons here mention playing on Linux.

we have the server files so far that's really the only thing. and like I said earlier the guys at /radcorp not only compiled the server.so file for us but gave instructions on how to do it so doing it for the client should be easy for the linux anons

But the linux anons haven't done it yet even though it's been several days. You're better off just getting them to compile the client.so quickly just to be able to wrap it up.

right so V3 will go on without the client .so files, we'll put em up later if an user decides to make em

So v3 soon(tm)?

waiting on dev user to package it up and release it.

soon

>soon
now?

I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to deliver an ultimatum for the linux users to prevent NEVER EVER.

A linux user needs to compile client.so using and upload it so I can compile the binaries for Linux. If I don't get linux binaries by Friday, I'm just going to upload V3 as Windows only and assume nobody plays this on Linux.

well an addenum is it's got the server files for those who can't be arsed to read. just not the client files.

I'm glad they never gave the Pyro a gender or unmasked him, that would have spoiled some of the mystery and fun

Also I think we're being very lenient with how long we've been stalling v3. I say push it to wednesday

i want it on Linux but i have no fucking idea what and all this code tech is supposed to be
make it easy or go home

Those would be a list of command-line commands with what little I know about Linux.

do you use mint or something.

That "code tech" is how you'd compile it on a linux compiler. You have the source to compile it which is the 8-2-2017 build I pushed.

i know. i ran them in my terminal and they got me errors and it didn't work.
give me an out-of-the-box installer.

Those are not installation instructions, they're part of the build process.

Stop using linux.

i have no idea what the fuck you just said.

no

i fled from windows because backdoors and corporate faggotry, this doesn't mean that i know shit about linux

it's fine, just wait until it's been compiled and it'll be posted here

yes, i will. thank you. when it is done i will fill the ranks and play for hours, provided it uses a comparable amount of computer resources.

Look at the bright side, if you do try and take a crack and this and actually do it you'll have contributed

how can vintage compete?

Bit of an oddity

github.com/MaartenS11/TF2Vintage
This user is who TF2V dev user forked code from. he then forked TF2V and is updating THAT fork. This is odd

>>>/radcorp/1284

DEVANON WE HAVE TESTBED .SO FILES FOR v3

Is it happening

Couldn't you cross compile it? Or do it in a VM? I can try to compile it when I get back but I'll have to set up a VM

a test client.so has been put together by the /radcorp/ boys as for doing that in a VM I dunno. I think GCC might be able to do it. I just dunno

Also looking at that Maarteen hub I might be able to rip out some modes from it. but I'm gonna rewatch five star stories for a bit

I'd use this fork hub instead for working on TF2V at the moment.

github.com/radanon/tf2v-Zgok/tree/linux-etc

For revemu users: cp_amaranth is missing from the 2.5v installation.

well I'll keep in mind. I do need to learn gcc

In fact, I can't fugging find the download for a "cp_amaranth" anywhere but the steam workshop.

Wll that's fine it's not a stock map.

When do you glorious faggots usually get on?

I loved playing TF2C with Holla Forums but there was never anyone on.

Also, bots when?

bots already exist.

also to celebrate v3 about to go up who wants to play?

Is V3 where everyone is now?

I could get on about now.

V3 isn't properly released. we need to test client and server .so files with the build I posted awhile back. I'm all for getting v3 out the door but without knowing whats going wrong I dunno

yeah can't even download it

map people can actually play on when?

Holla Forumsintage user needs to change it. he also needs to revise the rotation

/radcorp/ user came through for us

well shit, I was kinda hoping to be able to play today.

yeah Holla Forumsintage user needs to retool the rotation he has 2 forms of the same map, a broken map (estate) .

Also sappy memesystem v2 still has those animations issues. I hope the upgrade to true V3 fixes them friend

what version are you niggers running? I'm still running 2/2.5 and I can download the map just fine.
I'll rotate the map to something stock however in the meantime

we're still on v2/2.5

Yeah bagel just didn't want to download.

LET'S GO NIGGERS

also dev user I'd like to suggest the "graphical improvements" be relegated to a optional pack for v3. Just because until we cna figure out how to make a switcher for them it'd be better if people could choose if they want this shit forced on them or not

the only graphical improvement I want is being able to set my models to High. ;^)

Get back here and play with us.

doing some shit iina second

Know the name of that song?

It seems to work in my debugging room so far. I'm hoping that this fix is the end of the engi bullshit.

I've got it uploading, got some testing to to tomorrow on it and if it's good then you'll get TF2 V3 either Wednesday or Thursday.

>or visual basic visual studio
Nah, you're a fag. Tell you what, I'll give YOU an 'ultimatum'.
I'm not going to bother testing .
I'm not going to pull from the Zgok repository to build v3.

I'm only going to attempt a pull from the master branch of github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage. Given a list of dependencies to install, I want a one-line script that builds the Linux binaries. That way, I don't need to download a gorillion zip files and make twenty backups to update. As a server admin who has to manage multiple servers besides TF2V, the current TF2V release setup is an absolute nightmare to manage, and your incompetence is mindboggling.
If you don't want to support Linux servers, that's fine, but Windows servers are complete trash, and I can't see them staying up for long.

I think you need to calm the fuck down and stop acting like a sperg.

Do it yourself then

That's just the nature of how these builds are, this one should be the last big update for the binaries. They already got compiled by a second user from /radcorp/. Unless there is any major bugs again, there shouldn't be too much to update in the future and the updates should start to slow down.

I'm also a server admin of multiple game servers and setting up TF2V is just drag and drop outside of initial config. I'm not sure how you could have so many issues trying to host TF2V when it's just like any other sourcemod.

I use a Windows server, always have. They're incredibly stable when you set them up right and easy to fix when they go wrong.

Either way the compilation script is , use the git in and you're set if you ever want to compile. You don't need to do it now though now that V3 went from NEVER EVER to SOON (TM).

Well fuck.

yeah that was weird booted me too. Gonna go play Call of CHernobyl. 1.5r4 was released

Server user bls recheck tf2v mapfolder and update server rotation accordingly or else everyone has a chance to get kicked off for 5+ hours on a non-rtv mapswitch

it's on sunshine now.

I'm guessing the fastdl server is fucked for some reason

seems about right, vote for stock maps for now I guess till it gets fixed?

are you on v2? it's on snakewater now

but
how?
Are you using a version patched directly to 2.5 from version 1 by any chance?

missing map errors fixed on vintage fun, it was an issue on the servers end

was it the fast download server?

yes

Where is this screenshot from?

I did. It was a pain in the ass to set up, but I got it working. Currently running the Zgok build on another port. If anyone has V3 installed, try joining the second memesystem server.
Where's a link to the V3 client so I can test this for myself?

V3RC2

files.catbox.moe/9i55ee.7z

remember this are untested. but both the RC2 and the .so files are based off the exact same build

As for Z'Gok repo it exists solely for experimental pushes that might not fly on the master. Essentially any fixes someone thinks they may have should be sent to Z'Gok git first as a sort of safety net for the main repo

v3 works

Stay tuned for dev user's final push

Include list of changes? I like reading patch notes.

wait for dev user my build is just a candidate for release and not the final version. it's more like any "working" Zgok builds you see are for the sole purpose of testing shit.

As for my change long

So outside of the masks not working, you're also missing the hud item for the cloak bar for spy. Technically you do have the watch still working but the HUD item is gone.

Tried to join by myself, got an error stating that the server was running a newer version than the client.
The Linux binaries have to be built using the exact same source code as the other binaries. We can't have multiple repositories/forks for this, or releases are going to be a clusterfuck like they are now. Source games were never made for bleeding-edge releases, so even a slight version mismatch will fuck everyone up.

I suggest making two branches off the TF2V master branch from the main repo. One is dev, which you'll typically be working in and committing to. The second is staging, which is the branch for your beta/release-candidate builds - once you feel a dev build is stable and fleshed out enough to be a new release, merge it into staging, and others can pull it for testing. master would be the 'release' branch, used ONLY when a staging build is acceptable for release.
I'd also look into making a Jenkins server, so builds can automatically be created when changes are merged to staging/master.

Dumb sidenote I forgot to mention, is the call to materials\vgui\main_menu\beta_stamp.vtf removed on the HUD? I forgot to check that one during the beta test session.

Also apparently one of the things affecting the Linux build is the Valve MP3 Player, that was changed in the repo of from the Windows one from my understanding.

Sounds like a good idea. I don't think the intention was to ever actually run it off of a fork but rather merge the changes back into TF2V once they were working (and if we have access to the repo).
Until then I've tried to automate it so you can easily make a working Linux client/server with just a couple of steps from here:

Working server/client dll and .so files for V3RC2: files.catbox.moe/zkjl3c.7z

I built and tested connecting client and server on both Windows and Linux. If you're testing v3 please use these or newer from here on out to prevent mismatches.

i'm fucking annit.
i'm on ubuntu… tell me what i need to do, as if you were speaking to a fucking toddler.

follow the instructions if you're going to compile your own client. Otherwise check the thread a few posts above yours has experimental .so files for linux distro users

i am thus take a guess
also i tried the .so files and i have no fucking clue what to do with them. anything ?

well if you have no clue just grab the test .so files in the thread.

As of right now there is no definitive v3 server. we had one up last night dev user used to test shit. but outside that you'll be on v2.5 till I guess tomorrow or Thursday

i did grab the damn .so files, just read ffs.
now what do i do with them ?

oh the .so files go in the bin folder

tf2vintage\bin

Drop both in there

oh, that one. so i download tf2vintage, just drop the .so files in bin, and then ?

should be good to go.

HOWEVER
those shared library files are for v3, which isn't officially released yet. right now all you'd have to do to join us is download v2.5 (FULL).

v2.5 comes with it's own .so files to run on it.

dude, there is no bin.

i refuse to download 2.5 because it's hosted on google drive.

go download off moddb then

i hope the devs are covering their asses, otherwise it's steamfuck law suit joyride

Someone else needs to play retard wrangler with this guy. How he managed to even install linux and get TOR installed astounds me

i'm doing it

i just don't give a fuck, man, i don't give a fuck

please don't use those old instructions or .so files
If you want to test V3 as a server or client
download drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DSHpOQlYzeC1MTFk
extract it
download bin.7z from github.com/radanon/tf2v-Zgok-linux/releases
extract the contents of the bin folder to tf2vintage/bin

the .dll and .so files are both built from the master branch of this repository:

no

Good luck, he doesn't have any idea about IDs either so God only knows what shithole he crawled out of.

the .so files linked are from /radcorp/. We have yet to actually field test them I think let alone the other one. but still it is a good idea to always try to grab the latest

i'm not even looking at IDs nagger

so you're a nigger?

nah i'm just a loud retard

I've tested on Windows and Linux, server and clients for both (started server, loaded map and connected).

I wanted to make it clear that using the older v3 .so files or build instructions isn't going to work as pointed out.

fair enough.

Also Dev user again a few of the other players have stated that the phong lighting on things like the kukri, knife and bat make certain parts of the object look ugly. Please look into this or revert the changes till better alternatives can be arranged. The issue is that it makes non-metallic surfaces look awkward. If you were trying to recapture beta style lighting there are two on fpsbanana that do that. and it's best to look at those.

Also looking at the logic for hills present in the code it seems to work, again with PLR_Pipeline, I or someone else needs to find a way to carry that over to the other maps

Let me guess, old HD pack? The new one with my edition of V3 has a lot of those elements fixed. I'm just waiting on the fix for spy's cloak hud and spy's mask before I release my V3.

yeah it might be a hold out from the old v1

If so then that's why shit is shiny, it's just V1 had some strange phongs. V2 which is in my build of V3 has that fixed, but is still waiting for the cloak meter on the hud for spy and spy's mask to properly display and not turn into a giant ERROR.

spy cloak meter works on my build. what's wrong with it on your end?

Is that the build today or the build last night? The build last night was missing the part of the hud for how full the cloak is and was also missing the mask when spy disguises. I haven't had time to try the build today.

I'm using Z'Gok build only issues was the spy mask issue.

unless im able to crouchhop out of the 2fort basement and needlejump into the skybox, is it really vintage?

Well both builds are Zgok, thing is the one last night was missing the spy cloak hud and the mask was replaced by a giant ERROR during testing. The good news though is that my build of V3 running on Zgok's binaries implemented a load of fixes including for spy and engi.

So the issue with spy is that the mask isn't a model, it's a submodel of the spy (spy and spyMask). Undisguised spymask should be submodel 0 while when spy disguises the spymask submodel should change to 1.

solid.

so easy fix right?

Might be related to the scripts considering the calls to the submodel worked fine with the TF2C code but turned into the errors with the TF2V code. I'd assume it's just setting Spy's Spymask Submodel to 1 when in a disguise and 0 when not disguised in the disguise coding.

check the .ctx file under the scripts/playerclasses folder I can't open it at the moment

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Vice

developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/ICE

I don't think the code changes would affect it but in case here's a way to decrypt ctx files.

ubuntu. he installed ubuntu (maybe).

Just checked, the cloak issue with the UI is still there for me. The watch works but there's no cloak meter.

The minimal hud is also missing the cloak.

Here's screens I capped using the original binary files from TF2C. Based on the fact nothing was replaced other than the .dlls, it's a problem with the current compiled code.

that's weird I dunno why it's missing

So I checked the resource files and I've got nothing it may have been how it was compiled but I dunno. the only variables that got changed were ones related to TF2C. This shouldn't have affected the spy's HUD I'm gonna roll back to an earlier build I have and check something

Well explained and effective spray making tutorial, an oldie but a goldie.
the303.org/tutorials/spraylogo.html

Didn't mean to reply

Right so my build was busted. I dunno how and why. someone hopefully more skilled can pick it out.

yeah double checked and still I don't know why it didn't include the spy's cloak meter in the builds. the files are all there

Actually to add to this it's ONLY spy's cloak. medic's uber meter is still there.

Goddamn spy is a bundle of problems

Fortunately the devanon V3 candidate has the texture work of Spy fixed, so it's really only the HUD and the mask that need fixing.

It reminds me of the good old days when spies

I dunno whats causing it. it's none of the convars which is the only thing I really changed. It might have been the compile itself. this is odd

yeah I checked and it builds fine. if there was an issue vbs would spew errors. it's weird that it's the only HUD element missing

I'd check your call to hudcloakmeter and see if there's a problem with the current build and SpyMask for the submodel. It seems odd that TF2C has them working but TF2V doesn't.

I still don't get why only this particular piece is broken. since the medic has the uber as something unique to his hud yet didn't break. also can't find a variable called "hudcloakmeter" there are some calls for it which seem to work. but outside that it's strange

I'm convinced it may be my compile and not a fault of the source code. can someone test?

NEW THREAD