Mecha Thread - Old School Edition

Just finished this game and holy shit it was amazing.
This is more Final Fantasy than any final fantasy released in the last 10 years.
Holy shit, Squaresoft was fucking awesome.

Also, can someone explain to me why does this and cybernator have so much in common but one was made by square and the other by konami? I mean, they have basically the same controls, same mechanics, hell even the vulcan weapon ammo system is the same.
Was metal warriors like this too? God, i have to replay that one too.

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard
ggsim.webcrow.jp/
freewebs.com/azrin/games.htm
curiousfactory.com/windomxp/game.php
the-second-age.webs.com/index.htm
skte.webs.com/downloads.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So everyone's all stringy?

basically, yeah.
I really like his art style though.

also are we limited to giant robots or can I talk about Custom Robo.

Also you wanna know why vidya is dying? It's because we don't have enough mecha.

sure, why not? every type of robot is ok by me.

That is probably true, too many people asking for realistic games, so there is little room for giant mecha on the industry.

Well it's not even too many people, it's the Call of Duty/Battlefield audience that doesn't know what it wants 99% of the time. Not saying realistic vidya is bad, but rather devs cheap out too much by catering to this market, and considering things like passion, spirit, giant mecha and unrealistic crazy shit as "cliche garbage". but I probably shouldn't rant about this in the mecha thread, let's just celebrate mecha. Anyway there was this really cool PS2 Nihon only game where you keep switching mechs, anyone know what it was?

Where's my next gen Metal Warriors?

Post mechs that you have created,also Armored Core 6 when?

That game was great.

That game was ass.

Enable wide screen hack, retard.

That game looks really neat.
Got it without knowing, nice.
That intro is amazing for its time, its the same as Armored Core 2's intro for the first 30 seconds. Still saying a game in which you can walk around in a hangar and watch mechanics repair your mech real-time would be cool. Super easy to do develop.

The avatars for the characters look nice in the game. Also in Front Mission 2.

Old school mecha? Sounds good.

Not this shit again, fuckoff autist

Weebs gonna weeb, user. They're too fond of garbage overdesigned shit with zero structural integrity.

Just weebshit, user. Just weebshit.

user, I know you really want to reply to him, but I need you to let it go.

just a reminder that we do have a >>>/m/ board

With how many active posters a day? Oh, right. 3.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES
This attitude is why boards die.
Any one play Living legends lately? It had a popularity spike for a while, then kinda dies again.

yeah, i think >>>/toy/ and >>>/x/ had a similar destiny

Fuck this Earth.

If the board dies, it must not have been necessary as there wasn't enough of a userbase to sustain it.

God the new designs are horrible. All mechs look the same, an ugly sameness. I hope piranah loses that lawsuit

Be a fucking man and use the Firemoth

Anyway, useful contribution to the thread:

I bought project nimbus because I was bored. It is really fun. Unfinished and rough, ugly effects that can use more work, but the gameplay is alright, good for the jap mecha itch. No customization, it has around 10 different mechs instead. The devs post daily updates between single digit mbs to 2gb last month so I really doubt it'll be abandoned

Dont do like me and wait at least one more year to pirate

It was SHIT.
Fuck off and play armored core.

It was an actually fun strike suit zero for me, I think it is worth pirating if you have already played everything else worth playing. Though I can definitely see why others would avoid it. I'll repeat it, it's just for a pirate

I've already played all the armored core games I can emulate. I've already played ZoE, macross, strike suit, not to mention everything from battletech to earthsiege, steel batallion and every decent mech side scroller I found. I try to enjoy what little mech I can get nowadays

Mecha is such an underused theme. It works for almost any genre. Embed related is an arcade beat em up. It's a real quarter muncher, but it has some neat ideas: you can steal arms, guns, and legs from defeated enemies. In co-op you form up into a giant mech for some of the boss fights. The devs later made a fighting game that reused a lot of the assets.

There are a lot of high quality freeware mecha jap games if you speak japanese or don't mind being clueless.

Oh boy another chance to post this
tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard

Can you name/link some of them?

ggsim.webcrow.jp/

both are mirrored at freewebs.com/azrin/games.htm

curiousfactory.com/windomxp/game.php

didn't notice the dead download links for Second Age and Silver Knights on that page.
the-second-age.webs.com/index.htm
skte.webs.com/downloads.htm

saged for triple post