SS13 - Space Station 13 Another lonely night edition

Its an autistic round-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://87.117.247.20:33447
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
Chaosyourgod is the current owner of the server, meanwhile 8chanserverhost administrates it and maintains the server.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact either Chaosyourgod or 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/45
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Diff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_markup#Linking_to_old_revisions_of_pages.2C_diffs.2C_and_specific_history_pages
poal.me/9qve0b
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Roadmap.
my.mixtape.moe/jdwbww.7z
mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleTooltip
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/User:Deantwo/Sandbox
badoo.com/sq/kyron/photos/
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Update:_Plasmamen
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Roadmap
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page
volafile.org/get/b-Y0ukH66gID/Telescience v5.exe
volafile.org/get/b-Y2TZcSSGZa/readme.txt
volafile.org/get/b-UohbcI8Y1W/meta_coordinates.jpg
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/tree/master/tools/midi2piano
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Chemistry_guide
pastebin.com/raw/7wrZJryg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill clowns and security officers on sight, even if you're not the antag. Any newfags reading this- it's an actual rule. You have to. If you don't you'll be banned.

Seriously, if you aren't gunning down every clown, security officer, and assistant you see, you need to get out of our space

fucking pansies

Who maintains the wiki? There's a shitton of broken image links for important guides (atmo in particular as I'm a knuckle dragging retard and don't know which pumps to replace for maximum eff). Is there a way to contact them to get it fixed?

I should be fixing the wiki, but I haven't been recently.

Just 8chanserverhost, as far as I know.
You can submit change requests to pages yourself, I think.

If you want safety as well:
Replace every valve in the Waste Loop (the red line) with volumetric ones, as that empties said loop much faster and lets ATMOS clean the station faster. Also don't forget to increase the filters all the way to 4500 or nothing really improves.

If you don't give a fuck about safety:
Also replace every valve on the Air Distro (the cyan line). This is all of it including the part that mixes Oxygen and Nitrogen. This maximizes output pressure and lets ATMOS re-fill the station faster.

The thing about it though is that you get over-pressurized tubes all around the station that can kill people if they break one (as they likely can't even open them) and in case of hull breach, it will empty your gas tanks really fucking fast.
We have Gas Miners now but once upon a time, I actually managed to run out of Oxygen because of this.

Do keep in mind that filters don't go over 4500 pressure and vents\scrubbers don't even reach that point, at least for the ones around the whole station.
It's far more important to actually connect the air pumps\scrubbers to the pipes (and replace their valves with volumetric ones) than either of the distros.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

This is true. If you aren't welding off your department at round start, you're a shitter. You should be banned.

I'm going to try to go through and mainly clean up the wiki's numerous spelling mistakes and just swap any mention of /tg/ with pizza station, that being said, the only job i'm really competent with is Chef, and not even that competent, so I might try to fix up the recipe list and such. If someone could post the recipes for the purple drank and dindu muffins, I would appreciate it

oh this should be fun

I wish I knew how to make the tables, or I'd be able to start modifying a few of the areas. I want to add my paperbbcode in some time.
Sadly, my formatting on this shit is absolute garbage.

Incidentally, let's try to keep the thing from getting deleted, as I am very fond of the chemistry guide.

Purple Drank:
required_reagents = list("morphine" = 2, "synaptizine" = 2, "spacemountainwind" = 1)

Nuffins:
sugar = 5, pastrybase = 1, monkeycube = 1
(these contain Purple Drank)

Right, can you type that in a way that isn't code. I don't know how much "morphine" = 2 is. Is that 2 units? And how does the purple drank fit in, is it just something that needs to be on the table with the rest?
Also if they need to be made in a certain way that isn't just the crafting menu from the chef's table, let me know.

Yes, those are units, Purple Drank is a drink mixed like every other with those chemicals.

Nuffins can be made with table crafting with those 3 ingredients.
Purple Drank just happens to be a chemical inside the Nuffins once they are made. You eat them, you get them inside of you.
Or you can grind the Nuffins to get Purple Drank if you can't find the other chemicals. Monkey Cubes might be easier to get.

Ah, ok, my mistake, I was under the impression from previous threads that purple drank was a ingredient in nuffins, I remember now that they let you speak ebonics instead.

meant to tag

t's more parts.
For every 1 MW, you need 2 morphine and 2 synap

And, yes, when a tranny lusts after a man, it's still gay.

Back to reddit you cock gobbling nigger.

Man, I'm so glad I don't suck massive dick, you guys should try not doing it sometime.

:^)

#NOTALLTAGS

Anway, serious question here. Anyone knows what happens if you call Destroy() on a toolbox that still has items inside? I need to know for a friend.

META META META
Anyway, if you delete a toolbox it will delete all of the contents inside.

Shieeeeeeeeet, that's a relief.

Stamina Update
github.com/chaosyourgod/-tg-station/pull/45

Fix for Stamina not resetting to 98 as soon as it goes over 100.

Punches deal 1Brute and 5 Stamina Damage.

Swinging punches costs 2 points of Stamina. Swinging weapons costs 2*weight for said weapon.
This means that the fire axe, one of the heaviest weapons around at "w_class 4" can be swung about 12 times (realistically 15) before you're too tired.
The damage you deal with melee weapons is adjusted by your Stamina like punches, penalties only starting once you reach 50 StamDam.

If you sustain more than 50 Stamina Damage, the StamDam you deal and your chance to hit begins to reduce down to 0 at 100 Stamina Damage.
If your oponent has more than 50 Stamina Damage, you have a chance to knock him down depending on the difference between your Stamina.

When this finally gets merged, punching someone isn't the same as trying to kill him anymore. You can have "friendly" brawls with people as long as you don't use weapons or just disable an aggressor with your bare fists.

Officers now can actually resort to violence and still arrest people (mostly) non-lethaly in case they run out of charges, armor giving them a bit of an edge over criminals and disablers giving a good headstart.

BTW, disablers were sorta broken. Stamina resetted to 98 as soon as it went above 100, meaning they could only down someone for 1-2 ticks.
With a small change, now you can "mag-dump" disabler shots up to 200 StamDam on someone to disable him for much, much longer. (Don't do this though, you'll need the charge)
Also reminder that Disablers do nothing on the first shot, slow on the second, heavily slow on the third and finally down on the 4th but for a short time.

>When this finally gets merged
I thought we've been crystal clear in telling you that nobody that isn't you wants this stamina shit.

You're not very smart, are "we"? :^)

As much as you like to pretend it isn't the case, Kyron and Koriath are the same person.
Everyone knows this.
Now, I'm not going to go as far as to say you think you're the same person. I'm rather convinced you've got split personality, or some other such similar lot, as Koriath is relatively sensible, and fairly well nice enough.
But, yeah, this "we r 2 ppl" shit is getting old

Don't be an absolute nigger. The past couple of threads have had quite a bit of feedback regarding your ideas and most of it was telling you to shove them up your ass because they weren't wanted.

Ok, if anyone is familiar with wikicode, I have a question. The current /tg/ 8station wiki has a page called "Guide to contributing to this wiki" and in it, it says you note a revision like so

{{Lastrevision | date = 15. 1. 2012}}

Problem is this seems to just make a link to the category known as "Lastrevision", and I can't find how to actually make a revision note from the actual Wiki markup page, or if I should be making revision notes in the code for the page at all. The only thing I could really do was use

W E W

Hey, at least I don't go around pretending to be an entire playerbase. :^)

It's fully tested as in every thing I coded triggers and changes vars as it's supposed to.
Now whether this improves the game or not, how it changes the way people play, it all remains to be seen and there's no way to know this accurately without live testing by a large playerbase.
So far, the only 2 ideas I've suggested and bothered to code (stun nerfs and user OOC) have been spot on and I expect this to be another good idea, but I'm humble enough to recognize it's value can't be decided a priori by me.

Also, note that it's a "pull request".
Not only the admins of the server have a say in it (they can accept/deny it) they also have a neat little button called "revert merge".
There's nothing wrong with merging something for 2-3 rounds, see how it works out and then discuss if we keep it or not.
That's one of the reasons people use github for this sort of things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Diff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_markup#Linking_to_old_revisions_of_pages.2C_diffs.2C_and_specific_history_pages
Maybe try using something from here instead? Doesn't seem to be a "Lastrevision " in there, only {{Diff}}

Except that's using the server as your personal testbed, which is something the admin straight up said wasn't going to happen. Yet here you are trying to push for it anyway.

I've been through that second link already, but haven't seen the {{Diff}} one yet, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. I really just want to leave a note for the admin/other contributors saying what I did and when I did it and that it was me, so they know who to blame if shit fucks up. In theory, we could just use this

which is just code annotating, and make it clear that if you update something to explain your update in that little bit at the start of every page, but that could get very messy over time

You're forgetting something
If the admins really have a problem with it, they can deny it and tell him to fuck off. Don't feel compelled to speak on their behalf

You're confusing two things:
You write your shit, you run a host on your own computer and var_edit to your hearts desire to check if everything is working as intented. That's when things CAN'T BE LIVE TESTED because when things go wrong at this stage you have shit like item duplication, immortal clowns and people randomly exploding with 700 damage.

After this, when the gameplay change works as designed, it can go live. All that's missing is tweaking.
Unarmed punches deal 1 brute damage and 5 Stamina damage. Should that be 2 brute, 7 stamina? Maybe 3 brute and only 1 stamina?
This kind of thing can't be tested on your own. It's tested with player feedback.
That's not treating the server as "testbed". It's giving new tools to the players and have them give us their thoughts back.
Actually, it's a "pull request", not a "push request" :^)

I've literally only seen one person other than yourself agree that anything other than the user code was a good change. Everyone else has been shitting on them and raking you over the coals for being the stereotypical enlightened coder whose brilliant ideas we just can't appreciate.

I'ts not "speaking on their behalf" if I'm quite literally just repeating what they've said in the past. Because some faggots around here need to be constantly reminded that the 8ch servers aren't their personal fucking playground.

Actually, it was well liked after the Stun Baton was re-tweaked and the stamina bug was squashed so disablers actually became viable, as they were supposed to be.

This was back on Hate, where it took a while for people to get used to it but afterwards lots of players agreed it was a good change since it made a lot more guns viable and used. Can you believe we actually got ballistic weapons being used? Traitors actually packinh real weapons instead of focusing so hard on stealing anything that could stun?

Only complaints I've seen here was about the short time between the first implementation and the re-tweaks it had 1 or 2 days later, since the baton was indeed not good enough and disablers were shit due to the stamina bug (that actually had to be re-fixed? Why did Sierra unmerged that?)
In the end, we even got a patch for cuffs so Officers could do their job even better than before and fights became far more interesting.
If you have something to complain about the stun nerf, please say so. I'm sure we can tweak whatever values you believe to be a problem in the code.

Unless you're talking about the user OOC, in which case I fully expect you to complain about it with a tripcode :^)

The lack of self awereness in that post…

Added Purple drank to the food and cooking guide. Dindu's were already in there, but they were ALL BOLD TEXT AND LOOKED WAY OUT OF PLACE AND UGLY LIKE THEY WERE ACTUALLY PUT IN BY A NIGGER
So I fixed that and out of spite put it in the OBJECTIVELY correct category

Shiggy.

No one wants your shitty stamina changes, and we all know if you get those in, you're going to continually change combat until you can get the shitty turn-based system you want because you're unrobust as shit and always lose.

And don't even bother pretending you're not Koriath, as you admitted you were in the first thread where you brought up that slew of shit no one cares about.

Oh come on, it's still pastry! It's also in the "pastry" section of the code.
Also, change the description to:
"Dis muffin need mo money fo dem pograms!"

Actually that was initially a sugestion by someone else, dunno who or how serious he was.

I did though for a while about such a thing and had a few ideas to make it actually turn-based, but it'd require to lock people in place while they were fighting, giving a free attack if they stepped away (attacks of oportunity).
This however violently clashes against ranged combat that relies far more on mobility and would be considerably harder to force into turn-based.
Ultimately, SS13 is an RPG, but it's more of an actio-RPG. Turn based mechanics wouldn't work very well unless adapted for such a mindset.

I did had a slew of other changes we can make to melee combat so it becomes more than mindless clicking, but let's leave that for after we see how Stamina goes, shall we? ;)

A suggestion which you keep bringing up every thread when you want to change the current combat system.
Don't back out of it now and pretend you don't want it; we all saw you harping on about how good it'd be with the host 2 threads ago, to which he told you to fuck off.

You sure got him, Kori! He totally called you out for pushing untested code and you gave him a real zinger! How dare he play the game and not piss off every living person he comes in contact with.

Ya, I'm keeping it under pastry, just having a bit of a chuckle, mate.

Well holy shit do you want him to agree with you or not?
It's a bad idea and he's stated as such, he's admitting that it wouldn't work, what more do you want?

You and your brother gone would be a great start.

send nudes

hacked only tbh and if you could make it need another step that'll be good

tbh my idea of phoning different nt sub companies for buying various tools, goods, cloths, food and stuff I think is the only real way of having money actually be used. we need some kinda system like that put in first before money make systems

I kinda like it, no npc spawning in maint tho

This lying fuckup

I'm really just in these threads right now for tips and suggestions on editing the wiki. Speaking of which
If you want anything small changed on the wiki, I'm working on that, so give me ideas
I don't know the game all that wall as I mainly just play chef and sometimes botanist, so I'm just mainly cleaning up, I.E. spelling mistakes, references to /tg/, and formatting issues that don't require days of learning wiki code. Basically I'm just doing the small mindless things, if you want new pages and articles on specific stuff, feel free to either do that yourself, or just post a pastebin of things you wanted added, and i'll let the rest of you scrutinize those, if people seem ok with it I'll try my best to put it in in a not horrible to look at way.

Yes, I'm going to believe the retard, who may very well be you seeing as you both seem to reply to each other in defense of one another, who constantly flip flops his position to appear like he's on your side, then slowly reverts back to his old self.

Koriath does this shit every single fucking time. He says "lmao I want x, y and z" then someone tells him Y and Z are trash, so he goes "Oh, then just X" and adds Y and Z over time after a couple weeks when it's forgotten to the sands of 404.

there's alot of items which need putting in as well as their values and such. honestly I should probably give you some ranks so that you can see their variables since that's a much simpler way instead of reading through the code

neat

Why not? They'd be hobos all round that barely do anything, unless you start arresting them, at which point you need bigger targets that are worth more money.
It only keeps you as busy as you want, something meant to keep Officers busy during slow moments in a round and to create some danger in maintenance.

Handle the BBcode section of it and maybe let people give suggestions to fill it. It's really handy when playing for copy-pasting sections of it and make forms to photocopy later.
I'm not kidding, it's the most important section in the entire wiki.

Also, not familiar with wikis but wouldn't it be possible to leave a few pages open for anyone to edit but keep everything else restricted? It could help that way.

Play everything else then! Download the code and read the bits that most interest you! You'll come to find out it's not really that complicated (half the things are just RNG) and in no time you'll set your Job Preferences to Low and Medium for almost all jobs.

But reading through the code is a valuable and FUN experience that everyone should undertake!
It's great, there's memes and shitposting in the comments too.

Does the wiki already have a section for guides?
Some wikis I've used had sections where people could post their own guide in a category, and a page listing all the guides available for that topic.
So for instance, we could have 3-4 diferent guides for R&D.

Oh neat, you're here
Mind elaborating why in that very screen-cap it quite obviously shows you hitting me with a taser BEFORE I splash you with anything, period?

I would greatly appreciate that

Fuck off I am NOT reading through code I don't need to just edit a wiki or learn to play a class. As someone who is following the wiki pretty strictly, it's been the biggest help for me learning what to do while playing the game (plus using ahelp like a babby) so I'm really just interested in helping myself/others by cleaning the wiki. If I can add facts and such like stats and values than I would be more than happy to, but I am NOT digging through autism code just for that.

And yes, there is a "guides" section, although most of them named very poorly. Half of them are named "Guide for X" while the rest are just "X" or "X guide". This deeply angers me

pole for the stamina merge

poal.me/9qve0b

this is to give me a good understand on what people really feel.

doing the wiki is work enough tbh

when you're on I'll give you temp ranks till the round ends. please give ahelp when Chaosyourgod is on

Righto, will this just give me access to a list of items and such I can copy and paste into a text++ document for future reference?

You don't have to dig through it, don't worry. Just press Ctrl+F, write whatever you want and select "search all files", then keep hitting F3 until you find what you want.
You can also use the small bar beneath the file list to find something by name, which helps with recipes for chems or food for instance.

Reading the code is not mandatory for understanding the game, but it does give you much more in-depth information about how it works and while some things need a good understanding of math and programming, others like recipes are easily read by anyone.

I'll give you spawning rights as well as varedit, this should allow you to spawn in whatever item you're writing about and then right click to check every detail it has

Friendly reminded that in the night that user ooc was implemented, a Poal was also started that saw 16 votes despite only 6 players being online.
The value of these things is pretty worthless and I'd rather have discussion about why it's good\bad over anonymous poals that don't say much.

Also reminder that the games gives admins a "poll" option so you can ask the question only to the people that matter, actual players. (And freshly made accounts to fool the results are easily seen as such, unlike Poal).

There's a polling function in-game that better represents the wishes of the playerbase and prevent shenanigans.
Just run one on the weekend to prevent pubbies from interfering in it.

I'll be doing another next Sunday prime time, since that is consistently our highest pop

in game pole that is

Did you stop to consider that those votes could have been regulars who weren't playing at the time? Is it too hard to consider that people can be regulars but not be on the server at every possible moment? I tend to lurk these threads just as much if not more than I play the game, does my vote not count?

Suuuuuuure. I'll need to know exactly what items people want added beforehand, but I can do this

When do we get a strip pole on the bar and some lusty xenomorphs to drop in?

I don't think people will tell you and if they do it'd not be everything, your best bet is to see what the wiki already has and then look at stuff which isn't on it.

more build able interactive things is always good

You'd not give a shit if the results lined up with what you wanted.

That's a possibility, especially now that we do get such an high number of players. However it's pretty much confirmed that we have shitters in these threads that just drama and ID booeyman shit, so a Poal like that, especially for user OOC would be a prime target.

I mean, just recently there was an "hack" about IP spoofing and what not by a shitter shattered autist. If he's willing to do that for fun, who's not to say he's not gonna shift IP's to fudge whatever poal people make?
At least CKeys can help admins make sure that there's no repeat votes (be sure to check the date of creation for accounts you don't know and if they ever even played on the server!)

It's actually shown in the picture. You were hit with the disabler beam. Clear word there: Disabler.
As in non lethal, typical response to someone fucking kidnapping someone else.
You have no one to blame but yourself, you lying homosexual.

In all truthfullness, he's sorta right. Currently disablers slow you down but as soon as you fall over from exhaustion, the next tick you'll be with 98 StamDam. They can't even be used to arrest criminals, you'd need to actually tase\baton someone to actually do it.

Bad idea around here. Pols are easily spoofed.

Just because people are online doesn't mean that's all the players who are active.
I routinely check the threads from my phone, let alone when I leave it on while watching my animus.
If it's a dead server day, I ain't playing most like.
pol.me is still shit tho

PSA, don't set up the singulo without wiring in a PACMAN to the emitters for now even if you spawn in engineering at round start, there's not enough power to get it set up safely otherwise.

S O L A R S

Yes, this was my discovery. To be fair, I wasn't intending to arrest him, just to re-secure my prisoner. I had hoped for a long enough knockdown to take the clown and go, but no, literally did nothing.

Set to on. There is enough power for safely setting the thing up if you aren't a shitter.
Are you a shitter?

that's why it's ==to help decide== and not ==the deciding factor==

there'll be another in gayme pol next Sunday or sooner if we have everyone on

Good idea. Im not opposed entirely to the internet pol, but it's just not going to be absolute most the time.

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok. Don't expect me to get around to that too soon tho, it will take me a while to mull over even a single listing than get back to you in game, not to mention autisming over spelling/grammer/formatting. Seriously, just the cooking guide alone is so fucked by how unorganized each listing is, it's just random placement of each thing, makes it a PAIN to go through without ctrl + f'ing exactly what you want. Do you just want me to say my byond name here or what?

Ah of course, dragging the clown that you were dragging around medbay repeatedly for.. some reason? into a dead-end room nearby after making it clear I wanted the clown 'for a pet' and saying to the other chemist 'we have a pet now' is criminal kidnapping and I deserve to have been killed after being stunned & critted repeatedly because you're too incompetent to switch to cuffs fast enough anyhow.

ex-wikifag here
a page's history automatically stores revisvion dates and allows you to comment on each revision. This is what the Revision History is on each page.
For an SS13 wiki you don't actually need anything like this. This is maybe something you'd do with several contributors but as a wikifag you can get all the info you need from the Recent Changes page.

The only thing I could think of worth doing for coordination is laying out what should be done first which I did at 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Roadmap. However I ended up doing all of that shit myself. iirc last thing I was planning on doing was fixing up the location images for each room's page (like Primary Tool Storage for example).

Anyways I'll try to answer any questions you have about the wiki from what I can remember about editing. It's been over a year since I've played a round of SS13 or meaningfully fucked with that wiki.

here's a folder full of random shit and images I had laying around.

Then you'll only get anons who are from the same timezone and don't work weekends, of which there are quite a number for both.
Unless you do multiple polls throughout the day, in which case an autist from either side could just IP hop with new Ckeys and vote no.

ohiamlaffing.jpg

Well, he's a officer, that's what he does
I think you're exagerating here. Unless he actually bashed you, I don't think disablers and stuns crit people.

I was literally going one direction, you homosexual. South. To get some alky for him from the goddamn chem dispenser.

Yes, kidnapping someone in the custody of a head, namely the head of personnel, and refusing to listen to the fucking head when he explains shit to you not to mention asking you three fucking times to go get alky for him is grounds for me to fucking try and knock your ass out and move on, you homosexual faggot.
I did not crit you. I didn't even stun you. I used a disabler.

Lie more, faggot.

I set all the emitters to on, and I couldn't have gone faster if I tried m8. Last round to I walked from arrivals and was scratching my head about the emitters refusing to turn on until I wired in the pacman.

God bless you. I think that answers my questions for now. I will try to make use of that page. Something I will ask as a preemptive thing, do you have any beginners guides for wiki code outside of the actual wiki formatting page? I could probably get by with just that, but I like to see other people do shit and explain shit to me. Thank you for spoon feed, it was delicious

That is my point. When the disabler did nothing because of hulk, he used a laser gun instead. Ask the other chemist, the clown, the medbot, or fuck how about this guy posts the entire log because obviously he has a bunch of screencaps?

I did shoot him to crit after he dumped polyacid, melting half my shit, not to mention dealing a fair bit of growing toxin damage. To be fair, the main reason there was that I was drunk off my rocker, and couldn't actually pursue while drunk and poisoned. That, and my cuffs were somewhere in a large pile of shit, not to mention I had no taser any more, or any other ranged stun.
I'm a bit of a coward, so I don't like to take chances. I'm happy to clone and arrest after the fact, most the time.

Bullshit. I've never even had to worry about the auto-off jazz, let alone have I run out of power prior to setting the full singu up.
But, yeah, setting up the gen is always a decent idea just in case.

This is a flat out lie.
100% bullshit, as fucking proven by which clearly shows me using the disabler prior to your dumping acid on me
Why are you lying over pixels in a space game?

For the record, when disablers didn't work, I just assumed I needed to apply more disabler, as I next to never use the shit beyond slowdown prior to a proper stun.
So prior to having acid dumped on me, I was merely dumping the hybrid's disabler beam.

I want as best of a understanding as we can get mostly to help ensure that we wont get very long and drawn out angry arguments over ideafagging based on generalized presumptions

no rush, no worry, do what you want and whatever you'll do so long as it doesn't ruin will be massively helpful all the same. you don't have to say your ckey here I've already said mine so if you want you can contact me over byond.

th-thanks

I realize, if there's any other thing which can be done, please let me know

Oh what is this now? After repeatedly denying that you shot me with a laser you actually DID shoot me with a laser, by your own admittance. Eat shit man, I don't know your problem is but either lighten the fuck up or just grow up.

Dude are you kidding me? It's a straight up lie when in the post just before this you JUST admit you did shoot me with a lasor? are you retarded?

I denied shooting you with the laser prior to the acid attack. I never denied shooting you with the laser at all.
Why wouldn't I shoot the guy who dumped acid on me with a laser?

Again, shot you with the laser. YOu're the shitboot who's trying to pretend that dumping acid on a guy who's trying to stop you from kidnapping someone is a valid thing to do.

Call bullshit if you want, but try going CE next round- if you so much as think about pissfarting around you'll see what I mean

see
I'd really really like to see you post the full log bud
And mate, I only splashed you with shit because you attacked me for """kidnapping""" the clown with a laser gun. It find it unironically insulting that you can accuse me of lying and try to moral grand-stand me and then turn around and flat out lie.

See

Again, this is a flat out lie.
I've already demonstrated how this was a lie
I do not understand why you are lying over pixel-ed spacemen.

pretty fucking ironic that you insult yourself
you can say all your bullshit man but we both know what happened
and, still, you have all these screencaps. how about you post the non-cropped full page log my man. why have you been avoiding the question?

I couldn't play that night. My laptop hadn't arrived from ebay and I was still using my desktop, which is so shit it can't render the lighting engine.

I don't have a non-cropped lot as I used the snip tool, that's why.
What question have I been avoiding?

You splashed me with acid because I chased after you when you kidnapped the clown, and shot you with my disabler. I did not shoot you with a laser as you imply
I shot you with a disabler. You splashed acid on me. I started shooting you with a laser at that point.

Stop being a nigger.

ebin
my.mixtape.moe/jdwbww.7z
The new_loc folder contains all of the updated location images I think. I think I actually finished that little project and was getting ready to go through the tedium of updating all of the pages and lost wind.

Wiki code isn't hard to understand. I understood what I was doing after a week and was making my own templates. What you're going to bump into more often than misunderstanding is technical limitations, from what I remember. You'll make a template and realize there's stuff you can't do with it, or requires an admin to install an extension (I already have a couple installed by Miraheze staff, the latest being mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleTooltip and had them add a directory of /tg/'s images but I may have missed some when I scraped /tg/'s wiki). For the most part though I left everything in a state where all that really needed to be done was updating information. I just dropped it because we were constantly switching forks and servers and figured there's no point in editing when the content I'm updating might just get changed to a different codebase a month down the road.

The last overall thing I was planning to do was make the information for new players simple to understand. Webms, images of the station with areas labeled, exercises to do when they start out so they can get their bearings more or less within 2 hours, leaving instructions on how to set up a local server. Stuff like that. Another autistic project was going to be to create a full changelog of the server and create "Update" pages which include everything added, like patch notes. Doesn't work jumping around codebases though.

Other than that all I can really say is I tried to focus on high traffic pages and optimized the display of content so it was compact and tidy, and easy to navigate so people could a high amount of information at once, letting the user decide how much they want to see, so I made liberal use of collapsibles. Basically any page with a big table is what I focused on. I think I looked at the Recipes page and didn't really know much what to do with it and never got around to it. The wiki seems messy but it just needs some information updating and polishing and it's more or less done.

Do disablers shoot red beams and look like laser guns? And do they read 'Laser Gun' when you examine someone holding one?
I took the clown from you in playful 'he's my pet now' joking way, you decide that it's a criminal offence, come into the chemistry room and shoot me with a disabler. I run into the medkit room, away from you. When the disabler doesn't work because I have hulk you shoot me with the laser from down the hall, wherein the medborg drags me away from you and takes me out of crit. I go into the chemistry room and make thermite, which reminder, is not an acid. You come up to me and hit with some stun item, and I splash you. With thermite. Then you beat me with a stun baton multiple times, because you're too shit at the game to switch to cuffs fast enough, but when you eventually do I'm hauled to the brig where I'm given a 5min timer. Except, twenty seconds in you waltz in and kill me.
To quote you: stop being a nigger.

AGREE TO DISAGREE AND MOVE ON ALREADY

They do not. Which is why I know you are a lying bitch. I did not shoot you with a laser before you had splashed me with acid. This is a fact. Your lies will not change this.
You're clearly just an unrobust shitter who doesn't know how disablers work.

Yes, I did shoot you with a laser as you ran down the hall. Because you dumped acid on me.
That picture is prior to the supposed thermite splash, as evidenced by which clearly shows me firing a disabler. I did not have a disabler in hand at that time, you had actually melted it away. Not to mention it was near if not completely empty. I had a stun baton at the time that I had cuffed you proper.

I hit you, with normal intent, twice, due to some minor bother with the cable cuffs, and having the key in my other hand. Needed to have the key as I was drunk and could not walk properly, not to mention the poison.

I "walz" in because you were being a little nigger, talking all kinds of shit, and then flat out lying as seen in
Frankly, you were an asshole, and I ran out of patience. I didn't give a shit. I found some polyacid in your bag, and I figured I'd give you a taste of your own medicine. So I dumped it on you.
Stop being a lying faggot.

There's a difference when someone's come up and is straight up lying.
This is not "agree to disagree".
This is "Stop being a lying nigger".

Holy shit, thank you, rest assured I will work very closely with our (((beloved admins))) when I can to get this stuff in. This is more resources dump than I could have asked for, on top of a really cool tool. God fuggin bless

Feels like home.

Kill yourself. You are changing your story little by little every time. First you did not shoot a laser period, and you didn't kill me in the brig. Then it's, well, I did crit him with a laser and I did kill him in the brig. And now it's changed to 'you melted my disabler and, oh woe is me I could only use my laser' and 'I killed him in the brig with his own acid! even though he supposedly splashed it on me'

Stop replying to bait you fucking retard

I've not changed my story. I never denied that I shot you with the laser, after you acid'd me.
I denied that I shot you with the laser prior to you aciding me.
I never denied at all that I killed you in brig. This was a fact from the start. You were being a little shitboot asshole.
You had a spare lot of acid, evidently, in your bag. I do not see why this would disprove that you splashed me with acid prior. Besides that, are you now denying you splashed me with acid?

Sage is not a downvote. I have been told prior to sage when arguing with someone.

"Bait". Right.
If anything, it's the other way around.

If anything, you're both fucking retarded, I don't care who is baiting who

now we just need more green texts and such

Can't an admin just dump the attack logs and shut down this retarded argument? Only thing that matters is what happened first, lazer shot or polyacid throwing, since that's the point where the discussion hangs around. Just jobban the lier from everything but Clown so he can spend a few rounds practicing his "jokes".

This

it'd just feed into it but if it's needed I can but I will remove ckeys

Soon.

Ok here's a fun question for ya. What do you recommend I use to actually view and read the files you gave me, because Notepad++ gives me this. I thought it might work itself out if I just copy and pasted it onto something, so I used my own page, but that didn't work out so well

HYPE

Always feed.
Always behead those who do not feed.
Always strive to be bad.

Going through and renaming the guides that are just "Guide to X" to "X guide" because having half of the guides all be under G is really annoying. That being said, what should I do with these two? They're fairly well worded as they are, and after I remove the rest of the shit out from under G they will stand out a bit more on their own, but is there a better way to title these? If you were searching the 8station wiki for how to contribute to the server/wiki, what would be some keywords you would use? This may be a non-issue, but the whole "guide to X" thing just really strikes me as lazy naming, maybe not hindering, but not optimal.

I'd leave all guides with the word guide in their title, and I'd leave those be, or change it to "contributing to the game guide"

Also if someone could explain to me what the fuck this page is, that would be great
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/User:Deantwo/Sandbox

how to into paper properly?

Oh ya, like I said, just changing "Guide to X" to "X guide" so they aren't all under the G tab when you look up guides. That cluster fuck made it kinda hard to find the right guide. Otherwise, that's a good title, I think I'll go with that.

You could instead make a "How to:" section and put those there as smaller guides that don't pertain to playing specific roles in the game.

That seems to be a personnal page of Deantwo, where he is trying formatting the wiki in order to make a BBCode article.

Use BBcode. It's not hard but it helps to keep the wiki page open and\or to save your own stuff in TXT files in your PC.

Once you start doing that, you can start rounds of QM and HoP by copypasting stuff into paper then photocopying multiple copies in game to hand out.

Is that intended to be an alternative to supermatter shards and supermatter crystals?

What file is that?
A lot of the shit in that archive is stuff I've never even looked at or is collections of files I had a script retrieve or something. Mostly just a collection of miscellaneous shit.
I would suggest keeping these folders: new_loc and vgstation and including their content in your own directory structure. I would keep all that shit around in some folder incase you need any of it. Also the todo.txt is incredibly relevant. That is pretty much all the stuff I was planning on doing. In regards to the weapons table specifically, it could be a huge autistic undertaking because I wanted to get specific mechanics for weapons (like getting KO chance of fire extinguishers, how KOs work exactly, etc) but looking at BYOND code is horrible. If you're serious about wiki editing you'll have to get used to spelunking around in the game files.
I might be able to help contribute because I've been playing a game I can AFK a lot in so I find myself spending time on my laptop.

IIRC users can create their own personal pages as a sort of sub-category for their name which might be gay autistic shit like their OC donut steel character's backstory or that guy's resume form for the BB Code. It's just for small personal shit so they don't have to clutter the wiki proper.

Its intended to be harvested and refined for various resources, with potential hazard for traitor and FUN opportunities, etc. Power generation could perhaps come at some point but its just spritework and a book in the server library at the moment

tbh I'd like paper to be alot better to use

his intent is for a random event that's a single tib infested large meteor to hit the station and slowly spread, needing to be contained with sonic emitters till it can be harvested and used to make into materials or something cough liquid tib nuke cough

it's been like that for the last year and a half or so

I've been making a bunch of edits, if the guy one owns the wiki wants to make that site notice himself, he can.

How to for smaller stuff is probably smart, but that would probably require that I go through every possible reference to that page and redirect it, which I don't know if I want to do right now.

It was pic related. And I'll keep the rest of that in mind. So should Notepad++ be ok for viewing a majority of the files in that dump?
Also does this mean I can delete that page? It's linked on the guide's page and I have no idea if it's of any use to anyone or not

Is colored lighting expensive? Cause I never see it.
Also how many NPC's is too many?

I've tested the server with around 1000 npcs plus what spawns round start and it seemed fine so as to a limit I'd assume 5k or so. I;d assume coloured lighting isn't expensive at all

poal.me/9qve0b

Looks like the majority wants it

again, not the deciding factor

Right on

>Suddenly 14 votes in favor when poal is posted by user with (((1))) post in thread

Hmmm.

>a (1) comes (((out of nowhere))) to declare the majority wants it
Only complete fucking idiots would fall for this.

If koriath really knew how to use proxies why'd he pull the "me and my twin brother live in the same house and thus share the same ip"?

To conceal a fuckup he accidentally made.

You know the saddest part? This is playing out the exact same way since last time this fucking drama happened with him.

Because that was the one time he forgot and made up the story on the fly despite of how nonsensical it was and has had to stick with it since. The issue isn't even just the idea itself it's also the fact that it's Koriath/Kyron doing it, there has been at least 3 separate PR's to fix things as basic as missing wiring and pipes by other people to unfuck things that were broken after he has done PR's.

He'll jump on a local server for 5 minutes to make sure the KoriathKodeâ„¢ thing worked, but nothing that could have potentially been affected is even looked at and is just assumed to work resulting in missing wires, missing atmospheric pipes, missing disposals pipes, rooms with no atmosphere in them, objects that cannot even be interacted with and various other nonsense.
He never tests his shit enough and other people have to clean it up for him afterwards, fuck that.

God, yeah, that shit's annoying, no matter what the platform.

I don't know why he doesn't start his own Startopia sever, cause that's what he seems to want. I'm sure pubbies would flock to it.

Oh well, if the anons online at prime time on Sat/Sun are the same ones that are usually on, it'll get laughed out the door. I remember a 30 minute circlejerk over over how much of a faggot Koriath is with those guys.

Remember when he tried to do his own ss13 thingy?
>>>/ss13/860

Really
Makes
Me
Think
Maybe we should go back to talking about the game and ideas we have for the game rather than making a boogyman out of the button pusher who can't even get anything added to the game without total agreement from the server host.

Hah, almost forgot about this one.
That post is the exact reason KoriathKode should never be accepted.
He admits he just leaves bugs in there and moves onto the next big project so everything has conflicts, he wanted to sell the code despite the SS13 community being open-source and free since it was stolen from closed source :^).
He talks himself up then, as the thread goes on, backs away from how great he is and his insanely high goals as he gets bullied (/agdg/ bullied him more).

And, worst of all, he's a hybrid Jew/Portuguese monkey that pretends he's not, LARPing with some shitty name. Pic for ants related.

I love this user right here.
He is apparently useless as the game and can't play much, but seems to know everything about Koriath and has screencaps of him from 2 years ago, always coming to poor little Koriath's aid.
He is also incapable of reading basic code (it was a fucking list) and screeches at everyone until an admin offers to give him a rank in-game to use varedit, which he could of done locally in under 5 minutes.

Are you his brother, by any chance?

Koriath here.
Maybe I stopped posting because I have family from france visiting and were dining out?
Chill guys.

Also, lmao:
For the record: all I want out of that update is to rause the cap o stamina damage fron 100 to150. The rest is shit I don't care, but kyron insists is great.
At least someoen should code energy drinks to recover stamina, like in stalker.

could we not drama lama, thank you very much

It's a thing in portugal, unfortunately. In the 80's a lot of portuguese immigrated. Now they're mostly retired and come visit the family in august.
I personally hate them, they no longuer speak portuguese. It's a bastardized french 24/7

Ebin.

I like the part where you have relatives visiting from France.
How do they enjoy the immigration benefits of France? They're not native born if they're related to you.

THIS IS A SLIDE POST, HE'S TRYING TO GET THE ATTENTION OFF OF THE DRAMA
DONT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PANIC

so,is this you?
badoo.com/sq/kyron/photos/
I guess I have to assume.

Ya you got me there. I'm pretty fucking new, and am mainly wanting to help with cleaning up the wiki because I think it's fun and I'm a massive NEET with nothing better to do. I'm not way to keen on keeping it way up to date by myself tho. If you want to help with that, I would be more than happy
I don't even know who Koriath is, I don't think I've ever even seen his name until the last thread
Are you that fucking dense? I plainly said that screen cap was from the thread linked.
Honestly, if you can tell me how to do that without digging through BYOND code, I would very much appreciate that, otherwise I don't remember "screeching". I mainly just told Koriath to fuck off when he told me to dig through code, than Chaos offered it up to me and I told him I probably won't even bother with that for a while if at all.
Again, can we stop talking about him and his ideas and what he does? This isn't /KoriathGeneral/ this is an SS13 thread. I really don't give a fuck about him or if his ideas get in or not, I just can't help but laugh at retards like you who get paranoid over "MUH SS13 SAFE SPACE" for little to no reason.

don't expect administration to do anything about it, they enable shitters. Especially pubbies.
You might have more fun on another hub or private server

encase you're not aware, the very obvious and expected thread goblin and quite possible server crasher is doing what he does best, ip hoping trying to stir up drama.

But don't you know? Only goons and goon-approved servers are allowed to exist.

I think youguys banned someone really autistic. While I hope the server survives I long to see his antics.

French can't choose meat, period shittiest dinner ever. The salad was good at least.

Are you mentally disabled?
There are two options in favor, two options against.
Both combined equal to 17.
This means that there isn't a majority on either side.

It's lonely here. In the dark places no /mob/carbon/humanoid/ dare to thread

he's been a pest for longer then the current server I assure you

I know. He was there when I was admin

GitGud isn't about, and Chaos has already been approved to admin, so who's left?

Payton.

how ass blasted does one have to be?

Yeah, the thread was just fine before when it was two people arguing over something happening in a round and shitting the place up with drama.

It's definitely people voicing their opposition to more Koriath nonsense akin to solar panel cleaning, half the station dying from pests in 10 minutes, immortal meseeks murderboning or pools being used to mass produce bombs that crash the server to name a few that is the problem here.

Never seen his antics until the dust has settled.
SS14Gogeta is still my favourite nigger to post around here.

I don't think it's a fixed ckey. This goes back to Pizzastation. Yeah, about 2 years now. The same pattern:
Someone in-game does something retarded over and over again. remember the facehugger in the white ship? 16 fucking rounds in a row
The guy earns a 3 day ban. Instead of learning, he takes it personally. Hops in, attempts to crash the server. back in pizza he used bombs. In hate with 510 fix he couldn't so he used radio, dunno what he used today
Then a range ban happens. Like this admin did. And suddendly, the server goes quiet and calm.
The thread turns to shit however.

I give this server two months tops till it dies. Then a spess-less month and then a new station.
We're trapped in the cycles of guilt anons.

there is that but drama is what killed every server

Mate, eat shit. I was posting from work, left to go home to family and come back to 40 posts of you and yout buttbuddies complianing about me.
Someone took over the thread but I left it for atleast 3 hours.
Couldn't you find something else to talk about in the meantime?
No, you couldn't. You don't play and just want drama. Feed me (you)'s fuckboy.

every reg knows about this kinda thing, what's important is to tell new people about it

Only half of that drama was from banned people, the other half was legitimate complaints about existing things either not working or being downgraded for the worse or otherwise made more tedious such as with solar panel cleaning or the non functional virology. It also didn't help when a certain server host decided to rebase the entire codebase to a /vg/ based one. Either way, a portion of that drama was caused directly by bad decisions in regards to code and features.

you're correct, hence we're being as open as possible and shit canning any kinda meta club bullshit as much as possible

And how many times have I apologised for those man? Solar panels ended up being broken at first and tedious when I fixed it. Everyone wanted solars to be changed, noone said how. I fucked up.
But everytime I post "I'm sorry" the response is "no, fuck you and die"
I won't change user. I like to try new things. Fast and violent like. The pests thing ended up bugging out, but that gave us Nurgle station. The commit was reverted and we wentback to standard ss13 with a funny story to tell about that one time everyone had 7 diseases.

Try not to take your spessman too seriously and just have fun :D

Also sorry for virology, but I've never seen the vaccine thing work. Ever. Can't tell you what's wrong because I'm not even sure how it's suposed to work.
If that pandemic I made is broken though, that's my fault. Screenshit the problem, I'll take a look.

>tfw there is no R34 of the clown
The internet lied to me.

My scheme actually succeeded
I would have never expected this outcome.

There's two ways to things.
The elvish way and the dorf way.
And I'm not some tree-hugger pansy.

shit taste fam

Right so where should these go in the wiki? Robust guide seems a good fit, maybe just the top of the new players guide?

See filename.

Hey, that Slimegirl was actually sort of an e-celeb in /tg/. Some kinda fucked up "girl" in the server that did Xenobio all round to become a goo girl and ERP afterwards. Also Gold Slimes to ERP with whatever showed up.
There was also another pic about her and self-applying the electropack.
It's not even the most freakiest stuff there, Citadel ain't got shit on them

Believe it or not, I code to prevent this.
Fact is, there's no other server out there with user OOC. There's also no other server out there where stun isn't the goto strategy for everyone. And (hopefully) there's no other server out there where you can just have a brawl without worrying about making other spessmen horizontal.

The idea of a chan server is abso-fucking-lutely the top of comfy. Just fags having fun, doing fun shit together, traitors trying to be clever and original or chalenging, not just e-sports tier "muh-greentext" and you simply can't have this anywhere else at all.
If you believe otherwise, try and find somewhere else on the internet where you can hang out and chat like you do on Holla Forums. There's no community that even compares to it, for better or for worse.

So while I still maintain that combat is the worst part of SS13 and the RP part should be everyone's focus, combat does still play a part in it and some people do find it plenty of fun.
So I'll code you the stun nerfs so people get some more variety in combat and Sec doesn't auto-win every fight with a taser. And now I give you the stamina update so you can duck it out with other people for fun, not for murder.
And the only thing I want is that you have fun playing together with the rest of the faggots that play here because there's no place like Holla Forums and there's no server like this.

All we gotta do is keep playing vydia, having fun together and making this the best place we can because we don't really have anywhere else to go, right?

So is there a lot of shitposting, or drama, or..?

1 - Xenobio Guide, specifically "lategame meta"
2 and 5 - Changeling Guide. Create a new section for "secret glands and pheromones.
3 - Xenomorph guide, specifically the part about the Queen eating prey
4 - Guide to adminhelp

Both! none, we have 25+ players on average even at weekdays now

Hey wait a second, are you trying to anal vore me?!

That would require vorecode.

Colored lighting shouldn't be expensive.

From any gamedeving I've done in the last decade, default texture formats for most 2D and 3D games use the RGBA 32 bit convention, for 16.7m colors, plus transparencies. If it was implemented correctly, colored lights should have no additional footprint over white lights.

That said, BYOND is fucking ancient and a piece of shit so who knows

permanent vorestation when?
just for laughs, haha
(v:^)

You could compromise and read whatever awful xeno fanfic from the library over as many bounced radios that you can produce

Sounds great, I'll go crazy with them then

is she qt

Yea, I still stun, but instead of stun-cuff, its stun-laser-to-death, since cuffing is no longer ezpz. I'd say its cuff-to-kill that needs a nerf.

Can the wizard confirm? I didn't see you cast anything, just neighing continously.

Things follow a similar format with BYOND, which is why several sprites come in gray format to be colored later.

It's a "girl" that goes online to fantasy with NPC's. If she was qt, she wouldn't even be near a PC.

You should use the Disabler more often then. Or combo the taser with the baton.
Unless you're talking about not being Sec, which is great. Firefights with lasers beat firefights with tasers anyway.

You mean someone cuffing you and dragging you away to kill you later?
Should be much harder due to cuffs time and the stun nerfs…

I don't think there's verbal components to his spells, but if the hat is a requirement and not just the robe and staff, then that's a good strategy.

Ah that's good to know.

Pic related, some shit I was working on for one of my own /agdg/ projects but abandoned for now. Feel free to cannibalize whatever you want

Suggestion:
Lightswitches gain an on/off/dimmer so you can adjust just how bright the lights are.

I saw someone last round running around putting colored lights in.

I recognize the shopping market simulator you were trying to build. Right?
What's the current status besides "abandoned for now"? On a scale of 1-10 how far have you progressed?

Zero code, all mockup art assets that I just posted.
Too ambitious for now.

fixed and fixed git link on homepage
nice to see activity from multiple people on the wiki

it's wonderful to see everyone who's come out of the wood works to help with the server, these people are what are really making the server great and I'm massively thankful for every bit of work everyone has done and are in the process of doing

I know that feel man. Having "ambitions" is good, but having "great ambitions" will ruin any project you start. You MUST start small, there is no way around it.
Any other projects started in the mean time, or is this a complete hiatus?

Might keep it to a simple puzzle game if I get the momentum going again.

Wait, are you saying someone is going through there besides me? Someone with none perfectly aesthetic taste and alignments for every chart possible? I REFUSE
nah but if there are other people, God bless you for going through that garbage heap, and I do hope all your summaries are bullying the host and the people who fucked up super hard

Aw thanks man, I think your dick is pretty cute too!

th-thanks

But seriously, use the news ticker on the front page. I imagine most people are going to get to the site from these threads, but it wouldn't hurt to just put a thing up saying "Hey servers have been up for a while, ignore that last one saying we're in transition for the past year" and just keep it updated with important shit like "hey we're switching host" or "Added section to the wiki on this sweet new feature we added, I hope you're hungry ;)" "hey I REALLY love penis, haha, just as a joke" etc.
Or if you're not going to use the ticker than just get rid of it at least

that was looked over tbh

Does "looked over" mean you've just missed it for all this time or you've "looked over" it and decided it's not worth keeping up with? Because honestly, it would be a great way to keep track of changes to the code and server and such without making people dig through github. It wouldn't be too hard to look through github, but a news ticker would just make things a lot nicer

as in it hasn't been updated for at least afew servers now so there's ALOT of things to do on it and quite honestly I don't know the entirety of it

Note: This idea might be shit because people are probably going to stab security officers while they fight on VR. Maybe VR chairs could have a emergency system that injected you with some chems and woke you up if you were attacked or stripped?

Actual idea:
What if security officers could take a break by playing VR combat in the future?
They fight humanoid NPCs(or monsters, or enter combat simulations where there are difficult match ups like 2 ranged enemies in a narrow hallway) in order to submit combat data to Nanotrasen. The more robust monsters the officer can take down, the more points they get, and maybe they can trade those points somehow for mundane equipment?

isn't VR a thing in some code base?

Gooncode but its for prisoners to pass their time.

we had an idea of a shooting gallery for sec as well as other various circus fairs around the station. VR sounds interesting though

It's absolutely not a small undertaking. Especially if you mean to do it in a detailed and complete way. You'd start by determining a good date to start at based on changes kept between servers, what updates to include, having to go through and dig out sprites/mechanics on added content, create/modify pages for them. For decent content updates I was hoping to do shit like 8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Update:_Plasmamen for everyone. I've been out of the loop for a while so I don't know what this server's stability or projected stability is like.

I suggest creating a Talk page and keeping a public record of all the shit you intend to use if you want collaboration. I find wiki editing kind of fun when there's a clear objective so if you decide to go for it I'll do my best to chip in. For any non-editors, the part that takes equally as long as the editing itself is digging through the files and figuring out what's what. Simply digging up information and passing it along in plaintext would be a colossal help.

Fair enough, it's not that important of a thing. If you don't mind I'm just going to put an update saying server is still alive at respective links, and the wiki should be getting cleaned up.
I shall clean to my hearts content and be actually useful, I shall become a JANI borg

It's also in the wh40k serb, for all IG to use as standard chairs. Spawns random mobs like cultists or more cultists, sometimes demons.

If you could create a talk page, that would be great as I have no clue how to do that. As it stands, we can probably also use the roadmap page for plotting things out,
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Roadmap
but having a page for actual discussion would be nice

we've been alive for around a month and a half now and the server is paid off for another month. I'm not going to stop paying any time soon

whatever you do is helpful, thanks you.

that's what I was thinking of. IF ONLY THAT FAGGOT LEAKED IT

Talkpages are automatically made upon creating any page in the wiki. If you want a general "talk-only" page, just use the main page's talkpage in the wiki.

Somebody port this shit to DOOM already.

Huh, when i went to take a nap, it was 14 "I will leave if you do", only four "I like this".
Now it's balanced out again

SUMMON DOOMGUY

VR can be used for Science, specifically Toxins. A Toxin overhaul is needed, and one of the ways to do so is to add VR. VR allows for testing of bombs without station damage and can be done repeatedly.

Additionally, job bags (like the Plant bag, but specialized to different roles) should be applied to most station jobs. Xenobiology would probably appreciate Slime-bags, for example.

Right. Can you link me to where those are, I put "talk" in the search field and nothing came up, so I have no ideas where else to look

Forgot to link to the main page's talkpage:
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Talk:Main_Page

You think that's weird?
When did we ever have 43 votes?
I say make a vote saturday and another sunday.
Or heck, make it an event about wrestlemania for 3-4 rounds. Then ask for feedback in the thread.
Worst that happens: it's shit, revert it.
Meh: it needs tweaks to the values but it's otherwise good
Good: we keep it.
JUST WARN PEOPLE BEFORE TAKING IT LIVE

Goon has an arcade with 6 VR headsets. Did they remove that?
The go-karts were pretty fun.

Chef would appreciate something to hold food in so it doesn't all get cluttered on the tables when you're making something with a lot of parts.

Righto, I can work with this, thank you

Slimecores fit in Biobags. That's why there are Biobags around the place.

Good shit last round. Illegal Ayyliens ain't got shit on NT Security Staff, even if it was a tough fight.
If someone has better screenshots post them, I was too busy taking photos for the Griffon, ironically

Gooncode has it but it's mostly for people to pass the time and traitors to emag in order to punish anyone that wants to pass the time.

Have you tried using your Tray? It can hold a lot of things, you can click on food to take a bunch of stuff at once as well and even put it all in the microwave.
You can also stuff it in the Fridge if you don't mind having to go back there.

Someone should change the Hud of the fridge into the new TGUI.

Also we need bags. Just bags. Things that pick up any kind of items like bags do, but a bit smaller in comparison with specialized bags.

To pretend he didn't do something.

You know this shit's been going on for a fair long while, right?

Honest question, now: Why are SS13 players so fucking autistic?
This keeps happening, and I've yet to figure out why.
It's like only the worst of people play ss13.

Is it because of the style of game? Paranoia and autism? Does that feed on to the type of people who'd destroy a server what slighted them?

don't forget that we're on Holla Forums which also has a host of cancers infesting it

3 years ago, we had Nel's, the confiest station for one simple reason: Holla Forums had 1/3 of the users it has now. It was small, it was confy, it was ours.
Nowdays, we have many more players. Epexting them all to be great confy and fun guys is a bit naive, but I still wish he had what he had.
Not just SS13. The whole board. I miss that.

I've got no problem with that, minus the "implement it for a bit" lot.

I don't recall a single person complaining about solars beyond, when it was brought up, saying that singu/other engines are meaningless because of them.
People still preferred solars, as it was safe.
What we wanted if I recall correctly at the time was higher power demands for everything, necessitating the singu or other engines. Chemistry dispencers, cloning, protolathes, and so on could be upped to be quite a demanding department when full force.
Solars'd be enough to maintain the station for a while, but if chems were made too much, you'd start having blackouts.

I prefer the human way.

sorry I'm a 4chan rapeugee from GG

Right, how the FUCK do you post on this. Captcha is just not letting me past, I click reply, fill it out, click reply again, than it ask me to fill it out again

It din't show any captcha when i first used it. Maybe you aren't logged in/cookies are being blocked?

I'll never understand this mentality.
Back when /tg/ was the only non-goon server around, the best times to play would be when some new feature dropped.
We KNEW shit was bugged and exploitable and before anyone fixed it, people would find the most hilarious/dumb way to break the game with it because we were NEVER getting another chance at it.

We also have one advantage over TG, we can easily discuss things in the thread. "This is OP, nerf it, this is underused, buff it". in TG, you need a forum account and +500 posts for someone to take you seriously.

Are you joking? Solars were so safe that people spaced the singularity generator whole (minus the emitters). One day, a Chief Engineer tried to set the singularity and his own engineers murdered him like he was mad.
It got THIS bad. The problem with solars was that they're only ever in two states:
Then people won't bother with other power sources and outright murder/remove you if you set singulo
And then noone cares because it's considered useless.
The only option that came forth was mine. Make the solars start powerfull enough to power the station and then "decay" overtime and eithe require maintenance or Thermal.
It didn't work out that well, I admit it. But fuck man, at least it was something. An atempt was made.
Just leads to
And I already explained the problems.
I later tried to make power "fluctuate" with things demanding MORE and less overtime but uh… let's just say power consumption in machines work in mysterious ways and I ended up not making a lot of progress there.
No really, the code for power consumption is either weird or I was missing a dozen 0's to see SOMETHING happen.

so patches, tweaks and fixes :^)

God damn Privacy Badger, it's rare it causes problems but shit like this drives me bonkers

Bio-bags haven't been added.

Oh and, solars eventually had a fix that made them produce something like this (without any "cleaning":
Or close enough to this values. I tested it and after the initial typical setup, they could power the station for 1 hour and 30 minutes before some APC's started turning off machines.
The problem is that while I like math, I don't like statistics and took me a while to get the probability and quadratic formula right for it.
By the time it was "fixed" people already hated the idea and there was no going back.

If I ever revisited this idea, I'd just have Space Carp lay eggs on the panels (because they're warm when active) and be done with it. Not only it requires you to clean the eggs, you get cooking ingredients (eggs) and combat (carps).

If anyone wanted the telescience calculator:
volafile.org/get/b-Y0ukH66gID/Telescience v5.exe
volafile.org/get/b-Y2TZcSSGZa/readme.txt
volafile.org/get/b-UohbcI8Y1W/meta_coordinates.jpg
Avaible for at least 2 days or so.

Ok, I'm logged in, I even logged out and back in, and I turned off privacy badger, so no third party apps should be blocking cookies, I even turned adblock off, but now the captacha just auto confirms, but still resets when I click post. I JUST WANT TO USE YOUR SITE WIKI

The mentality comes from that untested shitty code what dramatically changes the game, slows down combat, and generally looks like ass, tends to drive away players regardless of if you leave it for a day or a week.
I'd prefer we not stick in something what looks like complete ass. Certainly not without some actual reason to.

As someone who played a lot of engineer during that time, you're full of it. I set up the singu every single time I played, because I liked the singu. Nobody, not one single person, ever gave me any flak for it.
Solars were safe, yes, as I already fucking admitted in that post, but that doesn't mean people are "complaining" about it.
It was bad, yeah. But it wasn't "complained" about. When it was brought up, people'd say something along the lines of "It'd be nice if the solars didn't maintain the station for the entirety of the round making all other power sources unnecessary, but this is ultimately true of any power source anyway. No point in doing extra work, when singu/solars powers the entire station with no worries", which is why most folk were bringing up a "make more power consumption" lot.

Again, this never happened. People did not murder people for setting up the singu. I would've been murdered a dozen times, and yet I was not.

It'd work for the round start and while chem/science isn't being used to its full degree. Hardly 'useless'.
Just because you've got too much an ego to consider any other options than the ones you decide are the best, doesn't mean it is the "only option". This mentality is exactly why people dislike you and your code.
Hillariously, your "only option" went and blew up absolutely disgustingly, meaning exactly the same of your "THEN PEOPLE WON'T BOTHER WITH IT". Nobody touched solars after the update because it was a pain to care for. Whoops, net result, same fucking deal.

Small patches and tweaks, designed to fix actual problems, and even there only "fix" them. [IE, cover them up with a cheap solution].
Nothing complex, nothing fancy, no new bobbles taped to the side at random, just duct tape covering old leaky pipes.

Ya qutoed the wrong post, btw.
It's kind of anedoctal evidence, user. I'm telling you what I saw and read in the thread.
It didn't happen to me I just got an engie borg angry at me for setting singulo, but since he was a silicon he couldn't do anything except constantly set the particle emitter to 0 until I law 2'd him to stop.
That's what I set out to fix. Make them work at 100% from roundstart and then somehow produce less and less overtime.
I'm not saying I did a good job. I did *something*, that's all.

There's no need to insult me half a dozen times over it, especially when I've already admited it didn't work.

Also:
I'm gonna tell you the same thing I said last time:
Give me other options then.
You wrote 5 paragraphs criticism something without offering alternatives. That might help you in not dealing with something you don't like, helps me in not repeating the same mistake but it doesn't help the server in fixing/improving something that is seen as a problem.

I'm actually bored so I'm posting shitty ideas.
What if we had a single round where only a few people had access to actual screwdrivers? They're removed form autolathes and random spawns, instead one spawns in armory, one spawns in CE Office, one spawns in Engineering for a lucky engineer, and one spawns maybe in captain office or somewhere else whatever. If anyone wants to build anything, they have to use "Self Sealing STEM bolts" which function like 1-use screwdrivers that can't unscrew anything.

I remember
>Worgeral if it's who I'm thinking, I hope you stopped playing when you're high
Dunno about the rest. Pubs?

Just to suffer.

heh
haha
L M A O

Why are you eating this guy's bait again?

Yeh, I noticed that after the fact. Not sure how. Guess when I cut one link out, I cut the wrong one.

The point is that ancedotal evidence can be dismissed with ancedotal evidence.

And the net result was that solars was completely useless, nobody bothered to set it up unless power was out completely and they latejoined.

There's not much of any insults in that prior post. Most you've got is when I said you were egotystical, because you determined that your shit fix what didn't work was the only option.

I did. You dismissed it for shit reasons. I offered an alternative that I had seen in the thread that I quite liked at the time. You've decided to ignore it now, for whatever reason.

Feels good having people.

As said , the point is ancedotal evidence can be dismissed with ancedotal evidence.
It never happened for me, and I never heard of it happening prior to Koriath's post.

Massive fundamentally game changing changes that are glitchy and broken are very likey to drive away our regulars, yes, regardless of how long you leave it on. Sets a bad look for the server, in their eyes.
I don't consider randos human. They're like bots. They don't count as real people. Otherwise, why bother with an Holla Forums Holla Forums thread? Just make your own form, and become the next hippie or what have you.

His post was "yeah my idea sucked but it was the only idea and it was a perfect idea and it was the only option that could be done because you fucking SCRUBS have no idea how my glorious code works"

Why're you sucking Koriath's dick so hard, user? Are you new?

I want drones kind of like embed related. Basically you know their position and their status. Maybe a scanner readout like "ore nearby" for mining, and "X injuied people nearby" for medibots.
You could take direct control, but their visible range is reduced, they can't drag, and they have only very limited options.

it really goes tbh

Remember when that guy rented us a server with his mom's stolen credit card?

Good times.

Sounds like Runescape tbh

Put simply, I'm taking part in this because I find you sperging out and playing the boogyman card funny
If people can't POSSIBLY HANDLE the idea that code could be tested for a few rounds, even after being warned as such, that's their problem. I would rather have some testing code go wrong for a few round instead of nothing being added because you retards can't decide on what is and isn't good to be put in the game. Yes koriath is idea fagging, but when people constantly bicker about what should and shouldn't be put in, he has to try SOMETHING. The idea that trying out code will scare people off is a fucking huge leap in logic. If regulars actually like the server, and happen to be on, I honestly don't think anyone of value will be lost over people shit fitting running test on the server. If they do, than they were probably fucking huge cry babies in the first place, and no one wants to play with a cry baby. Games like this live and die on a small few factors, but one of them simply is "is new stuff happening/being added". The idea that we would lose more people in the long run from testing code rather than just not doing anything because you don't trust a coder to do it right is retarded. Suck it up. No one except the admins hold sway over what happens to the server, so if you have any actual problems, talk to them, just ahelp in game or call them out here. Shitting on a guy who's actually willing to code for the server is usually not a good idea. I'm not familiar with how many regular coders this server has, but regardless of if they're 100% perfect or not, you take what you can get, or you do it better yourself. That's just how it is with ANY small community run multiplayer game.
Let me state this again as clearly as I can:
I HOLD NO OPINIONS OF KORIATH OUTSIDE OF WHAT I'VE SEEN IN TODAY AND YESTERDAYS THREAD. Every opinion I have formed thus far has simply been from people sperging out about him, meanwhile he is acting calm and polite (minus the shit fit from his ID yesterday, but just given the drastic difference in writing style and tone, I find it hard to believe that was all him)
Ya see, this is what happens when someone from outside the meta club looks in

On another note, Dindu Muffins and Purple Drank should be PROPERLY listed in the recipe guide now. Who ever put the purple drank in made everything bold text, put it waaaay out of order despite the rest of that table being alphabetical, and didn't even list ingredients properly. It's almost like an actual nigger put that in.
I'm hoping to just organize shit right now. Does anyone have any guides with huge list they want organized in any particular way? I usually just stick to alphabetical order, but if there's something about the chemistry or toxins guide etc. that would be better sorted by another factor for ease of use by both pros and newbies alike, let me know.

that's my doing, I figured just put'um in tbh

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET, NIGGA

dawg das my thang nigga pump and dump nigga FOR REALZ yo

I "cannot handle" the idea that shitty code made by a renowned shit coder what seems to only function to bog down the game in more shit.

The idea that trying out incredibly shitty code what nobody seems to actually want, and is like to be completely broken if Koriath's track record is anything to go by, might drive away players, is pretty sound you ask me.

I don't trust this coder, because I've known koriath for a while, I've seen the shit Koriath adds, and besides that, I do not see this code as being anything whatsoever of value in the slightest.

The players do have a say, as the admin himself has made note of. This is not gitgud's shithole of a station. These admins are actually fucking competent.

There's a difference between "not 100% perfect" and "80% shit unless doing small things he was told to do by someone else".

Yes, as mentioned, you are very new, and inexperienced with Koriath and Koraith's code. We already know this.

If you consider the whole "koriath =/= kyron" thing to be legitimate, maybe he's been "calm and polite", though I'd still make a heavyhanded case that he's being his usual facetious strawmanning faggot self what dodges arguments and essentially calls everyone else shit. Personally, that kind of attitude is far, far worse to me than some mean names. This is, after all, a chan. I understand you're new, but there's a certain culture around here.

You are repeating the exact same bullshit from last thread Koriath.
Exactly who just wrote a wall of text and rambling sentences?
I am not sure what you aren't getting here. Only you and maybe your """brother""" wants this code. We do not have to put up with it; you have to put up with not having your code implemented.
Do you remember nurglestation? I sure do.
t. crybaby crying about his retarded code being rejected
No. This may be the fundamental issue here; No. They make the changes and they implement changes, but just like a government they are comprised of people serving the people. We don't like your changes and we will fuck off, and tada then no more serb.
You are talking like all code is good code and you aren't a narcissistic moron speaking in the third person
HAH.

Jesus you're making yourself sound just as autistic as the Koriath spergout from yesterday.
Seriously, your entire problem could be solved by dealing with the admins instead of shitting up this thread with KORIATH BOOGYMAN. If you're that scared that he will shit up the server, but have faith that the admins won't let him, weather because of pressure from anons here or otherwise, than I really don't see what your problem is. It seems like you're just trying to high ground yourself on an anonymous image board over one guy that the thread constantly shits on, like you're trying to get cred.
the culture that you have an autistic breakdown when someone tries to be polite and calm? LOL

calling out the boogyman and strawmanning in one post? It's my birthday.
What, are you laughing at the idea of you actually contributing to a community? Whatever happened to the "if nobody can do it right than I will!" mentality? Fix your own problems, don't rely on others to get shit done for you how you want it done. Or just go tell admins how you feel about koriath in game, so they have at least a name behind the idea and not just another user ranting.

I only recall people telling Koriath to fuck off for the past, iunno, four threads? I don't want jack shit from him, I want to him to just fuck off.

anyone elses game crash all the time? I can still hear everything but it remains nonresponsive and I have to restart.

Just because I know the admins aren't massive shitboots that'll appease cancer, doesn't mean I can't call out shittery when I see it.

No, the culture that, when someone acts like a dishonest, elitist douchebag, we call him names for his shittery.

I'd much rather this than rely on someone as shit as Koriath.

Again, go in game, use Ahelp or OOC OR SOMETHING and just tell the admins how you feel about it. If you honestly think your complaining here does something, than I'm pretty sure Chaos or 8chanserverhost would have noticed by now, and it would only help your position by giving them a name attached to it, especially if you're a regular! Think of this from the shoes of the admins. If I were them I would probably laugh off most of the shit in these threads, but if you and maybe more people started coming to me in game, and I knew you were regulars of the game, than that would be the time to consider something. Believe it or not, but having a name for yourself can get shit done, much more so than an user shitposting.
I know, there really isn't a much better way tho, as people have stated here, polls can be rigged, IP's can be changed, so there is no way to make a true consensus here. Just take part in the in game polls that Chaos has been talking about and the like. If enough regulars from the server started agreeing with you and making noise, you would stand a much better chance to get what you want. Welcome to basic human interaction 101

is your flash up to date and what about your IE?

Fun round.
ANNIE IS A FUCKING SLUT

Gameplay.

IE? Seriously?

byound uses it sadly

BYOND was released in 2003, and was behind the curve even then.

Slut and a degenerate handholding whore

serb ded

Works on my end. :^)

summoning narsie killed the server apparently.

Did the server crash? Can't seem to join in now.

nar-sie always lags tbh

What

Remove the tile conversion Nar-Sie causes and BOOM fucking done-deal.

well gee, I guess we should ask Everyone if that's true!

You're a faggot.

Remove Narsie's tile conversion ala

and just make an overlay graphic to replace it. preferably something with black tendrils that says "Narsie's here, you're fucked" on the borders.

If Narsie is an object and acts as a sing, does that mean he's an anthro black hole?

Also
No fucking wonder it lags

every tile in the game is effected. shit's annoying tbh

PFFFFFFBRRRRRRTRAAAAAAAAAAAAP

It's not actually caused by Nar-Sie himself, but rather the event that triggers when summoning Nar-Sie.

This. Narsie's tile conversion is nice, but holy fuck it lags the shit out of the whole station.

It might become less shit if it stays on the Z-level then

Very unimportant thing, but I just came across 8station wiki's "songs" page, and it is woefully outdated. I'm going to just copy whatever /tg/'s guide has that we don't, but to make it more fun and increase the niggering, here is their Midi2Piano tool,
github.com/tgstation/tgstation/tree/master/tools/midi2piano
so if you got a midi you want to honk on your horn to everyone or the like run it through this and post them in the wiki's song page, or if you're a lazy cunt just post them here. Keep in mind there is a line cap on 8station for music, not sure the exact but it's something like you can only have 50 lines for any one song, so set it work in parameters close to that.
I expect only the best music from you wonderful people

noice

Do you think Harvesters get embarrassed when they toot in front of Narsie, just wondering, haha

reminder

poal.me/9qve0b

tfw too dumb to get into ss13

Try it nigga
The biggest thing is fighting the UI, and then figuring out how to do things, but after that it's 100% pure magical autism

the majority of ss13 players are too dumb to play ss13, come join :^)

Almost went as fast as newfag nukies last round.

Had I known that there was one head I'd have ended that much earlier after being converted. I was tooling up to raid the armory.

It was amazing we won.

The only reason why we won is because I brought a belt full of tools and broke into the cap's quarters through the wall. Suprised we didn't lose the nuke or some shit.

The Commander who was supposed to bring us all in line was the greenest one and the only one who died.

a majority of the systems are unintuitive garbage and are never explained ingame. you're just expected to look everything up on the wiki beforehand.

the game is 99% knowing meta strats.

You want to add stamina damage on a server where where people would abuse that to hell and back to get kills?

So is napalm and the fun FIRE chemistry stuff still in or do we only have poisons to work with as a traitor?

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Chemistry_guide

I never understood how Phlogiston or Napalm worked. I just always made Chlorine Tetraflouride and put it in a spray bottle for ghetto flamethrower

Phlog creates a 3x3 fireball that's pretty good at damaging a group of niggers, but it's inferior to other chems for a single encounter.
Napalm is almost 100% only used to shove on RWalls to quickly get through them.

I actually prefer the obtuse and out of date wiki. Beyond the overarching guides for departments like Sec, Med and Sci, there should be a level of obfuscation.
It really makes you feel better when you work out how everything works by trial and error or watching others, rather than reading a step by step guide that you follow to the letter and acquire the exact same skill as everyone else who read the wiki.

you can also put CT into a patch and it'll instantly set a person on fire when applied.

Combine it with a little bit of Chloral Hydrate and it's pretty much an instakill, if the burning damage doesn't get them, the CH will. 10u off CT and 40u of CH is a death.

But you have to apply it with a patch.

or you know, you can just load 10u CT into a syringe gun with 5u Thermite and watch the sparks fucking fly.

Here's a great meme I've discovered recently

When a smoke mix is made, the strength of the mix doesn't make the clouds last longer, but it does create more stackable clouds. What this means is that the paired chemical gets applied several times in a closed space every few ticks.

In particular, something like 30u Neurotoxin + 20u Sugar in a grenade with 20u Phosphorous + 20u Potassium is pretty nasty, because Neurotoxin is an almost instant knockdown, which means they'll get those 30u applied several times per tick for several ticks. I tested this and was legit knocked down for over 3 minutes.

worst.abductor.experience.ever.

>Write a great 1,000 word fapfic pastebin.com/raw/7wrZJryg

Feels okay, I guess

Yeah and since the Magnitis was airborne everyone got infected and I'm fairly sure some greyshit in maintenance tunnels died to being bombarded with a few lockers and toolboxes at once

I was the AI. They just snagged me and left me on the shuttle. Rather painfully dull.

If you card someone and intend to just abandon them instead of doing anything interesting, tell them or otherwise make it obvious. Nothing worse than sitting around thumb up the ass for a while because you figure something might end up happening.

I'm sorry for ruining both of your rounds as a shitposting abductor agent. Please accept my apology.

wew

I had fun with my yakety sax experience. Sadly the mommi in engineering was too good at his job and whatever it is they replaced my heart with exploded when i toolboxed a grate.

Supposelly the merge request that fixes that stuff was already accepted but the server isn't running it yet, for whatever reason.
Whoever maintains the code please confirm this so I know if that's a fluke in the code or it just isn't running yet.

By the way, trying to increase power consuption in a few departments to make Solars not much of a viable option doesn't work at all in best case scenario and is disatrous in the worst case.

Most of the departments that were suggested to have "heavy consumption" only actually see sporadic use of power. Robotics and Science only fabricate things for a while, they don't spend the whole round making stuff, Xenobio and Toxins barely even use power either.
Chemistry usually sees roundstart having a bunch of usefull chems or meme sprays made and afterwards the chemist fuck's off somewhere else while his machine recharges, again the same issue.

The problem here is that, due to APC's internal charge and SMES you have inertia in your system that makes it resistant to change. These 2 will discharge while they charge whatever machine used a lot of power but by the time they are done charging said machines, they likely still have some power so you never really notice anything in the station at all, even if using Solars.

And pray that it is so because if something was felt, it'd be station-wide, where everyone would run out of power because the chemist just can't stop making meth. This includes the emitters used to secure the Singularity, just so you understand the dimension of the fuck-up.

Because of this, increasing power requirements either doesn't do anything for Solars (system too slow, solars still a good option for the whole round) or it makes Solars unreliable at which point we're back at step 0: "why bother with solars anyway?"

Higher Power consumption is a terrible idea that does not fit at all the electrical system we have in the game. Fluctuation in the power production is not only much more feasible but it also makes sense considering every single other power source already has power fluctuating in their production based on several factors.

And this is both why we need discussion in the thread about these things but also why it's hard to take some suggestions seriously since people clearly don't think them through

Oh, right just remenbered that it's not really like that at all. Because of the APC's, if the chemist just keeps making meth all the time, Chemistry runs out of power and he can't do shit while everyone else gets by just fine.
So every engineer will still only set up Solars and laugh at the chemist instead, which leads right back to "why even bother with anything other than the 0-maintenance, 0-problems, simpler faster set-up option?"

As someone who hasn't played since the days of pizza and h/8/ how is the game now a days? worth trying again?

rounds are long enough to be comfy and code isnt all shit up, yet

I maintain the server and I haven't pushed it in yet.

Are you fucking serious?

How's that crippling autism treating you?
Hard on the reading comprehension?
That's okay buddy. Go read it again. I said:

There, short enough for you? Want some pictures to go with it? I can give you some crayons to colour them too if you promise not to eat them.

Solars are fine nowadays. Last night only a couple rounds went over 1 hour and 30, there's no reason to fuck with them.

I want to get a good understanding of what people want before deciding

How many more reports is it going to take for the fucking vols to remove their head from their ass and give you that much needed vacation from the board?

Yes excuse me my friend I need a crayon drawing of exactly how you are describing this situation to us. Infact, no, Don't type paragraphs and just draw out what you're going to say.

That's some serious asshurt right there.

But no, focus on playing the victim and that you a good boy that dindu nuffin. Give me the satisfaction of knowing that you're gonna try to appeal to emotion instead of being introspective about your behavior for once.

Look mate, I really dunno how to tell you this is a clearer way.
I'm not doing anything to solars. Someone brought up the point and sugested raising power consumption. I gave my two cents.

I'm not even working on anything close to that (pic related, I'm doing shekelmancy).
I'm not sure how you go from "yeah, solar changes were shit" to "I am fucking with solars again".
Just drop it, and I'll do the same and the thread can go back to be about SS13, okay?
announcing reports is also against the rules, I advise you don't do that.

The post that brought it up was made ~14 hours ago and you already responded to it on one of your previous thread IDs

This shit has been writing itself for over two fucking years now.

that problem was fixed along ago

its still the funniest image to me from the entirety of the wild ride that is our ss13 threads.

I think zaers fixed it

Have to agree. The engineer lying on the ground is what makes it, he looks as though he's given up.

One funny thing you can do with the field emitters is set up a cosmic slignshot.
You know how you take forever to reach the white ship or derelict?
Put two emitters next to each other on your favourite departure point.
Approach from space, turn them on and touch them. There, now you're flying throught space at a tremenduous speed.
Bad news, you got about 30 burn damage and are about to receive another 50 to 60 on impact. Good luck.

someone please help me find zaers

talk to the previous host, BigSlice.
Last I heard, Zaers was in contact with him.

I've also been trying to find big Slice also with no luck

Join up faggots

Sh-shid

tbh

Someone get ready to make a new thread, this one is disappearing fast.

13 more to go

Will our brave spess man rise to the challenge?

13 more what anyway?

I think he meant three more pages left to go

why am I am here?

I think there's something wrong with viral readaptation serum, I was unable to make any combined symptoms at all last time. It deals brute damage and shows up on the sensors but never reacts, regardless of viral score. It's now just a lethal viral trait.

can you give more details on the matter?

deep blue lights give a blacklight sort of look

some what

I got ground plasma from a beaker in a syringe and put it in red slime extract, and the extract was used but nothing else happened. Am I doing it wrong? I didn't think to try injecting plasma in other types because I didn't have any other effects I needed and the round was ending anyway.

Red slime creates a bottle when injected.

I was having the same issue

Also hurts the eyes.

page 13 when?

When can we implement shaders into the BYOND code, to affect item and object and scene draw code, so we can eg get inverted palettes?

soon

IIRC, viral readaptation is meant to produce a chem inside the mob that you then use to combine symptoms. The trick is: it only combines symptoms inside the mob. You can't just use a dropper and mix it like with other chems.
At least, that's how I remember coding it.
There's also a chance it's broken. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Is there a way to extract chems from someone's body?

Someone suggested a blood pack to take blood (which sort of works), but I can't figure out how to remove the blood without re-injecting it

If it helps the reaction does start, but the symptoms don't mix. You can see the amount of the secretion drop after injecting blood.

It's definitely non-functional, its worked in the past but I haven't gotten it to work on this server yet

Use syringe on bloodpack? You can also IV a monkey with the chems/blood, gib/meatspike and remove the meat, grind the meat and adquire the chems that way yes, the meat does inherit the chemicals that were in the blood upon death and carries them over to whatever you cook or use it with

Telescience needs to be able to access all sectors. Even 2 and 8. I think if Telescience could teleport to and from 2 and 8 I think the game would be more balanced.

I injected the monkey via syringe, let it secrete, meatspiked it, and ground the meat. I only got nutriment from the meat. Only thing I haven't tried is bloodpacks or IVs.

DONT

You can't add/remove to a bloodpack directly

don't this.

I don't see anything wrong with giving telesci access to the clown planet

this is what 8chanserverhost does every round

I need to play with 8chanserverhost more often, then

What do you think their feet smell like ha ha

considering fucking nobody ever does telesci except for teleporting bombs occasionally, it would be a nice incentive.

AYY PRIDE
SHUTTLE WIDE

ANNIE IS BEST GIRL

Turn it into a spherical coordinate system so it's much more complicated to do shit outside the station Z-level.

That'll winnow out the morons from powergaming Z-levels while both keeping station-level telesci accessible to them and making telesci appealing to people who know what they're doing.

I forgot to link the new thread. But thank you first reply for reminding me.

Then I'm using this one to find another post.