Rimworld Thread:All Alone Edition

Latest Version of Rimworld

mega.nz/#!PpAxBZ6I!CpwWQFUqhLJoghCzdc4Kr4x1tYeRCl7_lZTIyQCwudc

Recommended modlist

recommended mods:

You'll need HugsLib for most new mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28066.0

Mods that make the game better without strictly changing vanilla's design

> Allow tool ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17218.0
> Vanilla Friendly Weapon Expansion ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31526.0
> A Dog Said ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29310.0
> Improved Surgery ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24975.0
> Cheaper Components ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19068.0
> Chemical Extraction and Neutroamine Crafting ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26108.0
> DESurgeries ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22120.0
> EDB Prepare Carefully ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0
> FashionRimsta ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24432.0
> More Vanilla Turrets ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0
> RBSE Lite Edition ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0
> RT Solar Flare Shield & Fuse ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11272.0
> Simple Sidearms ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
> Realistic Nights and Darkness mod. ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23244.0
> RimFridge ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32980.0
> More Planning ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=31045.0
New Biomes
> Cave biome mod ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13172.msg133446#msg133449

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1032&context=anthrotheses
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932240696&searchtext=wood
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751871219&searchtext=wood
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xdLXgSCvnnZXlCE-UAHXgfqXZxn3hGmaQMjX7kza8xA/edit#gid=884124215
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28938.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922660930
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972057888
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924456375
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1078311266&searchtext=joywire
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22114.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24500.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21771.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725447220
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727687246
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725949967
github.com/semigimp/RJW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post colonies.

Having your dog succumb to wounds from battle is one of the top 10 saddest animes.

it's okay/10

If you have steel slag on top of sandbags what is the cover effectiveness stat of that spot?

Holy shit three traders at once right after another one was attacked and killed here by wild dogs.
I bet fucking Cass will decide she has to balance this shit out by putting three raids at once right up my ass. Fuck.

No idea. Pretty sure it doesn't change it but I just never bothered moving it. How to check?

FOUR TRADERS

I dunno, you can check individual object's cover effectiveness in their information tab, but I dunno which takes priority or if they mix or something when you got slag or chunks on top of sandbags or other bits of cover

I'd rather send a less useful pawn out after worthwhile cargo pods/wounded NPCs/dead animals than lose my hard-trained and carefully-controlled hauler pupper population to predators, raiders and dark young.

Not quite sure what's going on here but for some reason drop pods of mortar shells keep dropping in and the shells immediately disappear. Thought I'd just wait it out but now they have infinite ammo and have already downed two of four of my shooters.

How do I take pics of my base?

Take screen shots

Hit F11 to turn off the GUI then take a fucking screenshot

okay so it turns out if you turn off ammunition with combat extended, mortars have infinite ammo and the attackers won't leave their mortars even if they're fleeing.

Holy shit nigger do you not know how to take a screenshot of your computer?

R8 or h8 Im trying to have a amazonian colony that castrates all males and has slaves but I cant get the sex mod working yet

Looks pretty cosy but why do you have lamps outside?
what a fucking lie. If you run in the door and they are chasing you it will attack the door and break it down. Granted it doesn't keep going until it's broken like a raider does but it can break them.

user, do you like living in the danger zone?

parkas are shit tier don't wear them

I'm still waiting on my muffalo to give me enough wool to make muffalo wool dusters. My usual setup is to have shirt and pants made of devilstrand and a muffalo wool duster. Gives pretty damn good resistance to heat and cold and good damage resistances with full coverage without too much in the way of material cost. There's probably a better way to do it but in a temperate zone where you go between 40C to -20C at the extremes it protects from both.

Becasue its this dark.

Im having them make a crap ton of limestone and marble atm. Should have 1500 of each real soon.

Truly 4chan tier.

Thread theme?

Is there a mod that lets me change colors of my planing blocks? Because that would help out a FUCK TON!

You mean like the one in the OP?

haha opps… but its for A16? will it work for a17

If you have the Steam version, check there. It's updated for A17

Go to the Github link, it's updated there. He just hasn't fixed the thread.

Sorry I just pirate my stuff. Also any reason why my "Don't not shave your head" mod does not work?
See because for my character Sammy it seems to work but not Trista, Marie and Shepard.

The hairstyles might be from another mod and not recognized by the don't shave your head mod.

Did you get the latest version? It's 1.4.4

I just started playing this and I think I got a bug or something. My cook and my hunter got something called muscle parasites and can't get up from bed, the game won't even let me move them to hospital beds, every time I treat them it just resets the counter for the next treatment, this has been going on for several days and I'm almost out of food. Reading threads about this makes it sound like they should be able to move. How fucked am I?

Just keep treating them, they will eventually become cured. Make sure the rooms the beds are in are kept clean, too.

Finally someone else who uses really autistic and expensive stone walls taking up far more of their map than they can reliably defend when it would be economically better all round in terms of defense and value to make the area much smaller.
Because what if I want to build something there one day?

I like your base design shape by the way, stealing it.

I noticed you can designate beds as prison beds, but every time someone attacks my pawns just kill the invader, how do you capture raiders alive? And what can you do with prisoners anyway?

This is a basic mechanic, attacks have a random chance of either downing or killing an enemy, certain types of attacks/weapons have a better chance of downing. Downed enemies can be captured by right clicking.

They should sometimes only be downed instead of dying outright, at which point you can command a colonist to capture them from their right click menu. If they're dying too easily for your tastes there is a mod that removes certain aspects of the RNG, making them more likely to be downed where they would previously die.

As for what you can do with prisoners, the big thing is recruiting them to join your colony. If you so choose you can also harvest their organs or sell them to slavers. In the early game in some of my colonies I've trained a doctor by repeatedly whacking a prisoner with a club, making the trainee treat them, waiting for them to heal, and repeating.
With mods, you can also put them to work as things like miners or cumdumps.

I tried with clubs but they still killed the raider, I guess it's just RNG then.

Is there anywhere to get mods other than the workshop? I just downloaded the game from last thread's mega link and workshop downloads are disabled for this game.

Is nobody in this thread reading the OP? This is the second time in two days someone has asked to be spoonfed something that's right there.

Well, I read it now.

Diseases and the ilk are a major pain in the game. They take stupidly long to fix.
Can be majorly crippling if you get as bad luck as I've had in the past, where some half your pop catches one form or another.
Problem is really that stuff takes so damn long, you've got three guys with muscle parasites, another two with some other disease, and your doc happens to catch the latest shit before anyone else is properly cured.

I just started a new colony because they got malaria on top of the parasites.

Post pics then homo!

I get pic related error when I upload it into my mod folder.

you are so fucked/10

Exactly! Though as long as there are turrets covering all sides, you can't go too big.

How the hell are you killing them outright? Most often my enemies faint from pain or having their legs blown off before they die. In fact I think it's more likely to have people getting downed than dying outright. Even when I wasn't playing with combat extended and basically exclusively used shotguns.

nope dont see anything wrong with that

rate

I advice you of not making more holes than you really need. You'll end full of rubble and being unable to deal with all of it.

has this game left alpha stage ?

Nope. It is in its alpha 17 and is incredibly fun.

It pays more money to leave your game in Alpha forever.

How do I get sculpting materials then?

Well, I believe you can have enouth stones to make sculpting materials, but I'm not playing your game. If that's the case, go wild, but remember that storage managing here is hell.

Wood?

shape it from the salvaged copses of mechinoids

I put that sculpture in the dining room. A warning to those of weak stomach.

Oh hey, that’s an idea. You should be able to have an artist sculpt a “mechanoid statue” at the bench and then set it outside your base for a slightly reduced chance of mechanoid attacks.

Same goes for human bones and raids, but you’ll need a FUCKTON of bones for that.

Just manual priority someone to cleaning 1 for a minute minutes and your whole cave is free of rubble.

In ye old days, when half the game broke the other half, you could leave the corpses of the attackers out there. (they didn't decompose).
What happened after a while was that any attacker would need to treck trough miles of corpses to get to you. This reduced their mood so much that some would outright break (and flee) or get so depressed/fearfull that a single wound was enough to send them running.

I also remember a cage you could build to store corpses outside that would scare them but I think it was removed because it was too creepy.

In anycase, carpet of corpses also had a secondary use: a single molotov in the middle of them would set a mile wide corpe-riddle landscape on fire. It would take a couple of minutes for the attackers to be surrounded.
Sadly, Tynan hasn't added Tar pitches that are made with chemfuel. But we'll get that one day, even if by mods.

was talking about using salvaged plarasteel/steel

yeah, fear tech, shame it got taken out

They're just sad to see good meat go to waste.

Is there a mod that changes item stacking behaviours? Not the size, but the colonist logic.
There are a lot of times I wish I had a "consolidate stacks" button to tidy up my freezer to fit more food in, instead of taking up 3 squares for 40 of the same kind of meat that would fit into one stack.

That’s fucking awesome. We really need a similar mechanic to be brought back.

That’s hilarious, endearing, and really sad.

Stack Merger by Fluffy does exactly that.

Note that they’ll still create duplicate stacks quite often (and animals which haul don’t obey the rules at all), but if a colonist doesn’t have anything better to do he’ll restack everything in an area to clean it up.

I think you can manually prioritize "tidying" up a stockpile, or just do what I do and build a dozen hauler robots to do all your hauling.

Am I the only one that keeps people in commie rooms? I have my morning and night shift overlap for an hour to prevent disturbed sleep. As an extra measure I forbid the door. I just hate wasting space since Z-levels aren't a thing.

Goddamn, I haven't paid more than 15 bucks for a game in so many years.
This feels wrong, but the workshop feels so right.
I bought it more to support Tynan, I think he made a damn fine game and would like to see him finish this one and make even more games.

You should have paid him directly to his site user, He barely makes any money from steam and would have given you a steam code as well If what I heard was true

Shit, that's a thing?
The only time I saw something like that was with Toady and he got 30 shekels from me.

While I've found there's not too much reason to spend a lot on their rooms, I've also found that disturbed sleep is shit. Far too often, I have someone going to bed late, or getting up early, or needing to run something for me really fast, and it screws the whole collony.
I only ever give people a 3x3 room, unless they're married, though. Thoughts relating to rooms don't last long enough to worry about.
Dining rooms are important, however. Always invest a fair bit in your dining hall. DF was the same, a masterwork dining hall meant that your dwarves could have entire families butchered before their eyes, and be content.

Is it possible to make a small, isolationist colony of 4 or so superhumans who just want no trabble?

If you get a mod that allows you to place deep water and one more with ED shields, yes

No, but you'll probably need the prepare carefully mod.
Keep in mind, now and again, you will get people who join you. I guess you'll just have to murder them, somehow.

It should be. If you try, you should probably go for a boreal forest colony. Cold biomes reduce the chance of diseases, which could easily be catastrophic for a small colony. And the food requirements will be low enough to get by on hunted animals, without needing to farm, so the growing season is irrelevant.
To keep it small you'll need to edit the storyteller files and change the population curve, or you'll get ridiculous numbers of wanderers and escape pods. Which admittedly is convenient if you go for a cannibal colony, but it's a little cheap.

I recently started something of an experiment, where I used Prepare Carefully to create two colonists with a full set of advanced bionics, but normal skills, and essentially no starting resources, with the rule that those would remain the only colonists. I was curious whether it would be easier or harder than a conventional colony that could grow and specialize, but lacked the superhuman capabilities of cybernetics. I actually expected them to be a bigger help than they were. The bionics certainly improve their hauling and mining, but those can be handled by tamed monster girls, so the pair don't usually end up doing much of either themselves anyway. Other stats like cooking, art, and crafting take a long time to increase skill in, even though each individual action is fast, because in a normal colony a single cook might make meals for ten while this colony has a fraction of the demand. So I'm still contending with food poisoning and shoddy gear.
I made the mistake of making it a rainforest colony, so I've got the potential for shit like malaria and sleeping sickness that could be an unstoppable game over. Doctoring is hard to train with only two possible patients, but at the same time it's the most important skill to have redundancy for. And even one bedridden colonist grinds the entire colony to a halt, but not keeping them in bed decreases their chances of recovery. The benefit of rainforest that would normally balance the diseases is the eternal growing season and plentiful animals, but I'm already overflowing with food so I gain nothing there.
The other big problem is likely to be combat. Once raids get larger I expect them to be a problem, since the bionics don't seem to do too much to boost combat abilities compared to just having more people. I will eventually be able to equip the duo with high-end weapons and armour, but it will take a while before the crafting skill is high enough for them to be high quality, and I still don't know that it will be enough of a force multiplier depending on how large raids get.

She's got spunk, I hope I can rescue her.

Be sure to check their social lot. I made the mistake of not, recently, when I bought a slave. Turned out she hated all of us, because she's from some tribe what raided our place, and we killed her daughter, husband, and someone else.
Now she's just angry all the time, when she isn't binging on our smokeleaf.

She's clean, she's from a friendly faction that was passing through. Unfortunately the massacre by the deer probably ruined my relations with them.

well faction relations matter little compared to having to work with the man that killed your daughter. & you could just you know pay them off for their lost caravan. im going to have to repair relations with some fucks that decided it was a good idea to stand outside when a pack of man hunting polar bears showed up. some 20 something of them. god my colony is to fucking big i cant get shit done colonists spend half their days walking to & from work for lunch, joy time, and rest. i think i need to start over with some more rules about how i lay my colony out and how many of these shits i let in. sitting at 24 colonists at the moment dug half way into a mountain so i have to move farther and farther out for farmland have 2 and a half hydroponic greenhouses running but that does not give me meat or hay for my animals that do, thinking of moving starting over or sending the undesirables of my colony to space

Since I installed the dangerous version of dense forests it takes about a day to walk from one end of the map to the other, and with all the bears and giant spiders wandering around it makes travel very dangerous. As a result, half the time when a faction comes to visit one of their number ends up eaten by spiders before they even make it to my base. On the upside, I have a really nice guest room, rec room, and dining room so they always end up loving their time.

Also, rate my base.

that's a very nice night time color hue

That's exactly what happened to me, it was just deer instead and their caravan didn't have the military might to gun them down. Saving Ray there got me +15 relations so it wasn't a total loss.

I played this game months back and feel like playing it again. Has the game been made less frustrating since or are there any mods to make everything less frustrating? I like the premise of the game but every colonist being a bipolar, emotional wreck turned me off. Or every other person in the galaxy being a pyromaniac. Basically is there a mod to make colonists more "normal" or mentally stable in other words?

Edit the savefile and remove stupidly shit combinations, or just deal with it. EdB Prepare Carefully lets you select traits for your starter colonists.

Reasonable Moods and Needs makes it so the colonists are less bitchy and break-prone. Psychology makes it so you can treat pyromania.

Is there any way to increase the probability of creating “legendary” products when crafting? I’m sick of building and deconstructing 100 beds to get one legendary one.

Staticquality+ mod

Colonists get a permanent mood buff if their room is impressive. 5x5 room with nice floors, walls, a plant pot, and a decent sculpture is usually enough for that bonus. Takes up a lot of space but worth it.
Same goes for the dining room.

rate my base (a16)

I didn't notice them. I bet the visitors made them.

R8/H8

i would make a storage shack by the devilstrand farm to try and minimize how long it sits out and rots

Why is my entire base “outside”?
Why is my mining area “outside”?
Why the fuck is that there? I didn’t tell anyone to mine… And where’s my last priso… oh.

Can’t believe I ignored a prison break. At least she didn’t go for the bazookas sitting right outside her door.

Oh, great. Do you have a non-steam link, seeing as I pirated the game?

Pathways look nice but those rooms are terrible. Who the fuck makes barracks?

The official forums will have the mod posted there. You might need to use a burner email to make an account if they've attached the file to their post rather than linking a mirror site to download it but there's no "have you bought the game" authentication.

Double up the wall on your freezer, don't put your stove in the same room as your freezer (cold penalties to work speed), build your people individual rooms and individual prison cells, and think about building a dedicated laboratory with sterile tile floors for an extra research bonus. Also, if you have one single building connected by a hallway network you can just heat/cool the hallway network with vents in the individual rooms (or just prop the doorway open) and it will control the temperature of your entire base at once.

Better?

Looks great. Now all you need to do is finish the tiling in the new rooms and you're good.
Also remember sappers will try to path to your beds so they will probably go through your solar panels. If you put a turret between the solar panel and the south wall (even if it's off) they will avoid that south wall and go through the eastern side.

Psychology+Hygiene mod.
Though, that's the most the Hygiene thing changed. I'm a bit disapointed. You just make the outside crapper and a bucket and they can wash/shit all day with no problem. I'm not even sure why I'll bother to make proper bathrooms with sanitation system. Maybe because it's more shit to break down and it will be hilarious.

On the other hand, I heavily recomend the "Basic Robots" thing. It gives you some simple robots that are easy to make and they can haul, clean, mine, construct, hunt and do medic jobs. It's fucking fantastic.
Together with the industrial rollers and the auto-crafters I'm planning to make a kitchen and garden that auto produce meals.
Colony Manager let's colonists auto-assign hunting jobs and the bots will do those, so meat production is also automated. Heck, even colony management will be automated.
I think eventually I'll have everything automated and my colonists can just get wasted all day until someone decides he wants to try tackling the 2364 Vulcan turrets outside.
Fucking love robots.

The future of humanity.

For now, I'm trying to think of things that CAN'T be automated and so far… negotiate and flicking switches.
Negotiate is sort-of important for some minor optional stuff.
flicking is important for the improved fuses from that mod that protects from discharges and only requires re-flicking the fuse back online.
I guess wardening? But that's only if I want to recruit them, the bots can harvest organs with no problems. Heck, I have the autospy mod so the medical bots can harvest ALL organs from every prisioner.

I guess all that's left is building that shooting range, have them reach 20 in shooting, replace every limb with bionics, cake them in powerarmour and use one of the many vehicles mods to start cleanising the Rim, enslaving people I deem worthy of combat.
Fags get imprisioned and thrown into the 232 Cº room.

That reminds me, Psycology mod adds the Kinsey scale instead of a bunary "fag-or-not" thing.
So you can now tell how much of a fag someone is.
Haven't finished it yet, but I plan to build a fag purger that works by how much of a fag you are.
Straights get off scot free.
Need ideas actually. I don't know how many ways you can kill someone without simply shooting them. And since I'm headed for an hedonistic debacauched society with no working obligations, they might aswell spend their time coming up with new ways to end life.
HOW DECADENT

Oh right, there's the "Ammontillado treatment".
I forgot about that one, it can be number 6 I guess.
Once I figure out how to colapse buildings in a controlable fashion, I'll replace the cougar treatment since that gets expensive and hard to control.

Also, every user should get the Firestarter mod. Not only the creator makes a sick reference to The Prodigy, it's a great mod to make a 3x3 wooden shack, stick fags inside and barbecue their candyasses.

My fag purger is just my furnace room. Anything above 0 and you say hello to 3000°C, even if you're a visiting convoy. Never been one for sadism.

Lock them away until a toxic fallout hits, then put them out in the open
Get them addicted to drugs, then go through withdrawal-death as you see fit

Is this more like a modern version of dwarf fortress or a sci-fi prison arcitect?

Between the two

fags belong in the bog deserters and murderers get hung by the neck until dead.

that is to say deserters and murderers get public executions and homosexuals should be private affairs. any man may be naturally tempted to murder and every man is born with fear. but homosexuality is a thing that only enters the mind form beyond. a learned behavior so to speak. (ask any fag when their first "sexual" experience was and you will find a lot of them where diddled by older men) and it is best to quietly remove the degenerates rather than answer the question of why they must be hung to your children. lest others be tempted to try the forbidden fruit, particularly before natural sexual preferences can be formed.

I'm trying this game out, should I get mods or just play it straight for the first time?

Play it straight first time, then add mods so you appreciate them that much more.

Straight then mods is what I'm doing.

I plan to do the same.

It's the best way. For extra lels turn off the learning helper and avoid all threads until your first colony gets wiped. Should take less than an in-game year.

well, I didn't turn off the helper but I ignored it.

My first colony was a Feminist "Utopia." I started with all women, two of them hated men and the other refused to do any manual labor or fight. Things when well for most of the year, and the the squirrel incident happened.

A squirrel went mad and charged the three sistahs of unity. The angry (male squirrel of course) charged after the sister of peace and her other sisters came to the rescue! Things didn't go as well as they should since one of the shooters was a little too trigger happy and her shots warped around the male squirrel (Male privilege) and struck the pacifist. While they licked their wounds, the face of misogyny reared its head again. Three brutes, two men and then a woman who internalized her sexism attacked. The two sister's fought their best while the the other tried to undo the mental conditioning of the misguided sister. The Patriarchy won that day, but the spirit of feminism will last on!

In short, a squirrel went mad, attacked a nearly useless colonist, got shot by her fellow colonist, some pirates showed up, and they killed everyone.

RNG can create some rather strange stories.

Feminism can only success in fiction and games.

Wat do? I got Rah's Bionics and Surgery, I researched healing scars with glitterworld meds but the option won't appear in the operations menu (I can heal other colonist's non-brain scars though).
Do I need to research brain surgery too or am I doomed with a barely functioning 14 skilled smith?
And how the fuck do you cause a 60% brain damage scar with a fucking sling?

Rocks hurt, user.

Concussions are a serious problem, user. Effectively, you've got internal bleeding what healed, so to speak

Also, slings were a mainstay military weapon for quite some time.

I should've gone back to the days where I'd mass sling units in both Age of Empires 1 and 3. (Kind of a shit unit in 1 but I digress)

Also saw a Youtube vid where a guy was perforating a relatively thick sheet of metal. I guess statistics got the best of me because 9/10 getting hit by a sling meant bruising, and the other 1/10 was a crack of a bone in Rimworld.

Slightly related but how long could you last with just tribal tech on Rimworld on Intense?

Back to my original problem, I've bought 9 doses of luciferium, either she heals and comes out better than ever or ends up dying to withdrawal.

Have you researched brain surgery?
Also slings are fucking deadly. They're really well documented for breaking bones in the leg on impact without breaking the skin. Also I just googled it and found a 100+ page thesis on the effectiveness of slings: digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1032&context=anthrotheses pic related an excerpt.

Dunno how just much RBSE is like EPOE, but they're quite similar so yes, and then you stick a brain implant AI chip or whatever they're called in them should get that brain functionality back again. I recall one of the brain implant things is a bit weak and won't get them above 60% or so (brain stimulator?), while others will get back the full 100% functionality.

Do beware there may be side effects, I've never done brain surgery on my colonists so I dunno if there are still side effects in the current mod versions, but I recall reading weird stories of colonists with brain implants going crazy randomly even while in high mood.

The side effect of using the brain stimulator is your colonists turns mute and mental breaks easier.

You mean AND ends up dying to withdrawal. There is no cure to lucifarium withdrawal and it always kills. Either she dies of something else or she dies of withdrawal.

Tools -> restore body part ->head

wait, what difficulty are you playing in ?

How do you survive raids with so small a killbox, only 2 shooting windows, and the corners/entrance of your killbox so wide and not even sandbagged so enemies can take cover ?

I like the way to boxed in and vented all your A/C units though but can't understand how you would survive attacks with this base

everyone dies, either you die like a bitch on the operating table, starve to death, get fucked by raiders, or last long enough for your colonists to get all the old debuffs; dementia bad eyes ears back frail… and they slowly waste away.

so either she makes you enough money to justify the lucifierum and you get the opportunity to stock up on it; or she dies
cyro sleep caskets can help with this if you only need her to fight (witch is where lucifirium excels i mean like 99% chance to hit bullshit) or if you just need to hold off until you can get another shipment in. the ancient danger cyrosleep caskets can work but you cant move them. so bitching you don't have the tech is bullshit.
At the end of the day "A" semi immortal superhuman can be worth the upkeep of the lucifirium.

WUT
Holy shit I sell it immediately but fucking hell maybe I shouldn't. I notice that it doesn't affect manipulation so is it because it enhances sight that it improves your shooting? Might have to build a cryosleep casket before I start using it though.

Looks like winners don't do drugs.

And of course the new liver, her third, gets cirrhosis too.

Just let her stick it out with the cirrhosis and cancer until she's off the stuff.

No expanded prosthetics and organ engineering mod for synthetic livers?

Haven't got that tech researched yet. Besides, aren't the synthetic livers less efficient?

Yeah but they can't get cancer or cirrhosis. Would tide you over until you can give her a proper one though.

I think they're actually more efficient, something like 120% efficiency. Unless I'm thinking of some other type.

My strategy is to just turn their room into a prison ward and arrest them until the withdrawl passes. They'll still be your colonist when you finally free them.

Surrogate organs are the low tech synthetic organs, they function at 60% iirc. Synthetic organs are the advanced ones that give 120%.

She's not misbehaving, just getting sick. No need to arrest a large fraction of my workforce.

Synthetic Organs are better than organic ones. Surrogate are the shitty type.

Yup yup, can confirm, just loaded up my sandbox and checked.

If you're going to just let your colonists run wild with the drugs, you're going to have to deal with the consequences of it.

I rarely, if ever, have any colonists get addictions to alcohol.

Serves you right for letting your hormones get the better of you.

I didn't get a chance for that to happen.
Wearing drunken cats. What a game.

Oh by the way, heavily recomend that mod Additional Joy objects.
It adds a dummy you can use as a firing range spends ammo if you're using CE, just change them to Pistols for practice using the loadouts.
It also helps training doctor. Set up a dummy. Now put the other in a symetrical position.
Order two colonists to train on them.
The colonists will face each other and try to hit the dummy on the back of the other one.
It's pretty funny until someone loses an eye, but until then the doctors are really busy helping you out. Sometimes the Doctors get shot too, so that's even more XP for them.
Ever since I automatized medicine production and healthcare, my colonists no longer fear a bullet or two. We're pretty much shooting each other for shits and giggles now.

I usually just set my pawns to single shot when there's not a raid, ammo is cheap enough that I don't need to worry about them burning resources or anything like that.

She's come a long way, but is she even human anymore?

After replacing the whole body with mechanical parts the luciferium dependency really should go away. More realistically, synthetic kidneys and liver should do the job.

Luciferium is made of nanites rather than being a chemical drug. Even though she's basically a brain inside a robot at this point, they're still in her brain.

AI core implant

They're in her nose!

CUT IT OFF

I thought it would stack with mood debuffs, but it doesn't

Can you put organs in prosthophobes without problems? all harvested from prisoners.

Also, what is the most effective way to harvest organs? I normally use cheap prostetics to harvest everything, from eyes, to nose, to limbs.

Prosthophobes only bitch when their abilities exceed those of a regular human, so transplanted organs or simple prosthetics (anything under 100% efficiency/utility) is fair game to avoid the -10 mood.
As long as nothing on their health tab exceeds OK you're fine.

Is there a way to have just a single character, whether vanilla or through mods?

I just want him to be unable to be killed by disease or other shit that you can't really control. A single little self-insert adventurer carving out his place on the planet, or have one guy that's controlled by you with a bunch of friendly AI settlers in the same map or something.
I have having to manage a ton of retards and I wish I could just let all but one do their own thing together while I struggle to survive.
Any thoughts on how to make it work?

Rich explorer is a vanilla start with just one guy but you can edit starting scenarios in vanilla to be whatever you want. Prepare carefully gives you even greater flexibility with your starts too.

i was thinking more of mods to make a settler unkillable, or a mod that makes a certain amount of settlers act autonomously, constructing whatever however they want

I just want to live alone in the forest and tend to my crops

You can edit the storyteller so the soft cap for number of colonists is 1. That was you won't have wanderers joining. You'll have to look up how though. Otherwise you could just give the single rich explorer the psychopath or whatever it is trait that stops them from caring when their allies die/get sold into slavery/are harvested for their organs and remove anyone that tries to join.

Create a custom scenario and disable all events that would give you new colonists: refugee chased, wanderer joins and spacer crashlands or whatever they're called.

After about six months of not playing I've made a new world. First attempt my rich explorer, the 1 guy I gave a shat about got his stomach destroyed in the first two months so I restarted. Two working males, 1 female researcher who can't do fucking anything else (except medicine, thankfully) and 1 female pop idol who can't do anything but socialize and artwork. Oddly enough those fill out the list of needed skills.

At least the hedonistic fucks will have something to do for a few days. I haven't started producing bionic parts yet, and a everyone already lost a finger or two to random gunfights. One lost an eye on the shooting range.

Artists are actually good since we got caravans.
You can put down an artist bench and have them make sculptures of wood. Wood grows year-round and you can get obscene ammounts of the stuff.
I recomend making only smaller sculptures to sell (easier to sell) and making larger one's for your colony out of valuable minerals.

Is there any mod that add more wood base materials?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932240696&searchtext=wood
Bamboo and Ironwood

>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751871219&searchtext=wood
This will give you more trees. A lot of trees.
And things that live between those trees.
There's two other versions, one without the hostiles.

I already have that mood. Just asking because regular wood is pretty ugly stadistically talking.

Running out food, 1st manhunter pack is 4 muffalo.. good times. About a month later just got a second manhunter pack of 5 boomalope, thankfully during rain so I don't need to spend 3 days putting out fires and I can harvest that sweet sweet meat.

How do you set up your pawn's weapon distribution? Do you balance it with close/med/long range or do you just give everyone assault/charge rifles?

It having everyone with an assault rifle + plasteel mace for incapacitating runners (simple sidearms) the most efficient?

The thing that works best for me is to hand everyone survival rifles then assault rifles and finnaly charge rifles by this order of priority.
I don't bother with pistols and sell them (they are fucking shit).
These are the standard weapons you wanna have equipped at all times in case of surprise raids.
Then you put down some lockers/storage/zones or wathever you have keeping:
When something happens, draft'em all.
Siege? Have some of your guys pick up the snipers. Too many enemies? Pick up the nades. Mechanoids? Absolutely pickup the emp nades.
It's not worth to give grenades to everyone (but it's hilarious) and it's very inadvisable to give everyone snipers.
If you're playing vannila, it's always worthy making one mellee fighter for every 5 dudes you have. You can block their mellee chargers and respond in kind. Late game your mellee chumps get the shield and start wrecking face with it. Defend the initial rush of guys, then rush yourself and keep'em busy while your shooters pick'em off.
Also works great in sieges since sometimes those fuckers have snipers to counter YOUR snipers. Just send the shileded brawlers ahead.

if you look at the stats, survival rifles are
seriously OP because of accuracy, range, damage. 10 pawns with survival rifles are fucking deadly even with shit skill.

I tend to emphasize heavy SMGs before getting assault rifles since they're good for both raw damage and dps, but I've been thinking I need to start augmenting that with more survival rifles for range.
Most of the time I only face pistols, shotguns, and machine pistols before I get assault rifles though.

That's why I give them those instead of other weapons. A pawn with a knife is more usefull than one with a pistol. It's very common to get 8 pawns with 7 survival rifles and only one assault by mid-game and they wreck face yeah.

Shotguns, SMGs and the like are very situational. They work great INSIDE your base, in short range. If you've got embrasures and are engaging from a distance you want rifles. And if they have a sniper, you want your 17/20 sniper aiming for their head before he does the same. Just like TF2.

By the way if anyone's using the Combat Extended mod you can read the stats of all the weapons here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xdLXgSCvnnZXlCE-UAHXgfqXZxn3hGmaQMjX7kza8xA/edit#gid=884124215

I SPENT A FUCKING HOUR LAST SATURDAY WRITING THAT SHIT UP FOR THE ASSAULT RIFLES AND MG'S TO SOOTHE MY AUTISM WHERE WERE YOU LAST WEEK?

thanks

Hey guys is there any mod that fixes deadfall traps?
Even if you use zone control to forbid each trap tile and make a checkerboard grid, colonists will still walk on them and die. It's rare but it will always happen. This sucks because I want to do a solo tribal game.

If you make the trap area into a snaking corridor and then put a series of doors in a separate corridor off to the side, your colonists will prefer the shorter path with more doors, whereas raiders will prefer the longer one (as it means not having to take time to break down doors). Besides that, the Path Avoid mod lets you set pathing priorities.

That sounds awesome

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28938.0 ? could be really sweet, I'm gonna have to try this out

That's it. It makes the game feel totally different when you can't just scope out the entire map at a moment's notice.

>tfw listening to komm susser tod while my base COMES TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN burns

why does EVERY thread have a guys base who built out of wood burning down it is like you guys never ever learn.

user, you gave me a really good laugh just now
i'm a newfag to this game, and to add some context, my villagers were already malnourished and unconcious, it was the funniest thing i've seen and experienced in a game, sure i spent hours on my base, but for once in my life i wasn't upset with my mistakes, i just laughed and accepted it

What you're experiencing is known as Fun™. It's pretty rare now-a-days in games.

I build a moat around my base. No external fire can reach me.

Also I build fire extinguishers. Never had issues.

Ha. I played with the 40k: Corruption mod, bu a bug caused all the colonists to be naked.
90% of all sculptures or art was of the eldar farseer or Sister of Battle running around naked.

Best colony ever.

I think future OPs should distinguish between quality-of-life mods (e.g. Allow Tool, Prepare Carefully) and ones that change the game balance (Rimfridge, Turrets, cheap components/neutro). I think the latter mods are fun to play but it does change the experience of the game: different base planning constraints, less need for caravans, etc.

Also, has anyone tried the Cave biome mod?

Fucking hell. I get that silver is more abundant than other materials but…
The mod I got for the silver walls (seriously what the fuck, silver floor and no silverwalls?) does it right: 10 steel for the inside and 5 silver for the "coating".
What the fuck were they thinking.

Whoa, what mod lets you get more than three traits?

Paddy's adventure could make for a kid's movie, I'm going to try to subdue and tame her again with punches before she gets to the turrets.

Pawns Are Capable adds those extra traits and can go over 3 when it adds the extra ones: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33693.0

Up to 6 or 7 I think.
I personally got the mod that eventually makes everyone a psycopath. It's fun trying to spare them the horrors of the Rim an seeing how long I can keep them from becoming fucking psychotic.

Holy shit, that’s exactly what I would have always wanted. Now I only have to check the Kinsey Scale before determining whether to add someone to my base rather than Kinsey+work abilities. It’s fucking hard to find the 0+(none) combo.

this fucking game sometimes i swear to god

Oops. Should've sent non-augmented humans to beat her senseless instead.

Do be carefull though.
Assigning someone to do something they hate will give them -20 mood hit. And even after de-assigning them, they'll keep a -10 penalty for 12 hours.
In the short term? You can do it. If shit's going well and you have a nice diningroom, you can hold it. But if your colony is in a shaky situation, you're just asking someone to go berserk over carrying a hat to his own room.

Also, funniest pawn I saw on a friends computer with the funniest interaction with "Pawns are capable"
Lighter McGee Mental Break: Pyromanic
Reason: fighting fire
Then it was 5 minutes of watching a pyronmaniac that was afraid of fire set fire to his own house because he was told to put down fire. Fun.

can't someone just mod out the fucking kinsey scale? i want to use that mod so much but i dont want 90% of my colonists turning into faggots.

actually i'm looking at this the completely wrong way. i can create fag auschwitz instead! i'll have to start drafting up some SS uniforms for my pawns.

Gotta love how the animal code makes your pets consume all the hard drugs in their reach.
Wargs high on cocaine murdering every single raider or randomly dying of a heart attack all over the place.

See, you’re getting it. Now we just need to be able to assign prisoners to work and we can have proper work camps. Combine prisoner work with Pawns Are Capable and eventually your prisoners go insane (well, MORE insane since they were already faggots) and you put them down like the mentally ill dogs they are. But you got some work done!

There's a slavery mod that does just that IIRC, I think it's some Game of Thrones shit. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=922660930 Made by the Minions mod guy too so I'm sure there's some patchy code involved that'll make the game start giving you frequent errors several hours into your colony. That's the one problem I have with overhaul mods…

Give Luciferium to the wargs.
Not only it makes them hit like trucks and hard to kill, one of the side effects of withdrawl is constant mental breaks.

Maybe mental breaks don't affect animals though.

There's a mod for that. Hint: it's fucking awesome (if a bit buggy from time to time).
Never let them be near your armory though.

Fuck that.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=972057888
This one will eventually have security cams.
I also got a mod that gives me watchtowers and another for gas traps for that complete Auchwitz experience.

the gas trap mod is great. i'm happy he gave them a manual detonation button instead of them being only proximity mines. i'm serious about drafting up some SS uniforms by the way if any anons are interested, the rest of the framework for a fun summer camp is all there. could be fun.

i also highly recommend this mod for prison management. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924456375 it adds the ability to lobotomize pawns.

I remember linking someone to the Cave Biome mod a few threads ago.
I think they said the caves have a metric fuck-ton of wolves or something.

Don't use that mod.
Use this one: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1078311266&searchtext=joywire

What's wrong with the lobotomy mod? I like the little extra level of depth there is to it as opposed to just ramming a log into someones head.

Yeah but… it's ramming a log into someone's head. I mean… come on dude. A log. An entire log. Into someone's head.
It's retarded, but I had a laugh back when I found it and now recomend it heavily.**
Nothing wrong with the lobotomy one, it's actually really well done too. Remember that it also works for your own colonists if they ever start bitching too much.

Sure it's funny, it just seems a little easy cheezey since all you need is some wood and a decent doctor. Well if the Lobotomy dev ever turns into a lil shit I'll switch over.

I wish the guy who makes the Imperial Guard mod would update it all for CE but he's insisting that it's way too much work to do. :/ I like muh lasguns.

also finally started gettin to work on those uniforms

startin to look a lot better i think.

Its really nice, please release it when you finish user.

Also! I haven't played rimworld since the tail end of A16, what happened to my favorite imperial guard mod? Those traitor guardsmen were my favorite enemy

feeding kibble to a herbivore? you know they can eat hay and be happy as fuck right?

I'm sure user has other animals he's mass producing kibble for so he doesn't give much of a fuck, right?

thanks! it prolly wont get finished till after the weekend but i'll def post it here when it's done. i'm gonna do a peaked cap, an m43 cap and a stahlhelm and make them all craftable at the vanilla tailoring bench. i'm not doin a fatty uniform though, no fattys allowed in this master race (too lazy to do it right :v ). don't need to make weapons since theres already a luger and mods add k98s and mp40s. maybe i'll do an stg44, maybe.

and the imperial guard mod is still maintained on steam, it's not combat extended compatible however.

its just wasteful, and with proper zoning for hey eaters/ kibble. also with the alpaca not being able to haul having them inside just means they shit everywhere.

Fit male uniform is done.

Just take the normal fat person t-shirt and draw a swastica on it or better yet the word ALT RIGHT along with some mustard stains and sweaty armpits, no fatties allowed in the SS. But at least this'll have an effect other than giving an error or something.

Wow, why the ass pain?

wouldn't give you an error since i'm just editing an existing outfit but that's a great idea actually lol, thanks for that.

Holla Forums isn't the alt right.

This

how's this look my guy?

8/10, no sweaty underboob/pits. But totally good enough.

oh theyre sweaty, zoom in. you can see the stains. i added some cheeto dust too.

Is there any benefit to capturing faction leaders? You can't call the faction and ransom them, so is it just the satisfaction?

You only need the tiles around the beds to be sterile tiles. Probably.

It does. Often when the colonist they're bonded to dies they go into a mental break. Generally it's just sad wandering but sometimes it's attacking everything around them.

So, Randy sent a herd of Paraceratheriums at me. Nine of them. My heavy turrets managed to knock some of them out, but holy shit these things are tough.

God fucking damn it eternal reminder to manage your allowed areas for animals after you've expanded your base.

That white spark effect on the one in the bottom right of the second image happens when a hit bounces off the armour without doing damage.
What the hell are those things? Rinos crossed with giraffes?

I'm more concerned with the 101 body shots of Nugget food it took. The animal is added by the megafauna mod, and its some kind of 5m tall rhino that used to walk the earth.

Get a bigger meme gun.

now make a yarmulke and pair the two together and its perfect.

I came just to post this screenshot, because god damn it, Krand. You useless piece of shit.

Your base looks like Minesweeper.
It's waiting for someone to click the wrong place and set fire to the whole thing.

The PKM is already one of the finest guns in CE to my knowledge, it hits pretty damn hard out to the same ranges as an M24 or Dragunov. It looks like I should have built a few PTRS's though, or maybe some more KPV turrets.

The faction system is pretty hollow. So no there is no benefit to capturing faction leaders?

Does anyone know if the Eldritch mod is any good?

You mean Cosmic Horrors? It's pretty fun, I kinda like it. If you're thinking of downlodaing the whole Rim of Madness expansion pack, then you I have to tell you that Increased Forest Density will make your map completely covered in trees if you let it go for too long, so it's really necessary to pave roads across the map if you don't want to spend an entire day getting from one end of the map to the other.

Second hardest difficulty. I just put my best shooters (four of them) with their charge rifles behind the embrasures (it's a mod) and they obliterate everything. I keep my best melee people and second-class shooters (like three of them atm) in the base. If enemies break in (which takes some time, and they usually don't bother), then I send my fighters in the base to take care of them. It's actually very intelligently set up. Although I'm thinking some defenses around the storage rooms (don't want raiders wrecking my shit) and the upper right hand part of the base would be a good idea. I plan on making the kill box longer, and I'm going to set up some turrets. And sometimes I send them out to snipe, using the terrain as cover. I've only had one or two pawns die since setting up this base, and those were due to stupid mistakes I made during raids. It's not that hard.

The outer walls are all made of granite, which stops exterior fire from coming in. But I'll still swap all the wood out for granite walls and tile eventually.

I have a similar problem where my builders feel the need to run down the shooting range to fix the walls while people are using it. Then there was the time someone decided to go do target practice with an RPG. Good thing my walls were already all titanium.

Remove the Home Zone from the back walls and the area around the targets to stop colonists from cleaning and repairing the area, and just let them shoot down the back walls with any stray bullets if they end up doing so (set it up against a mountain side or something so you don't have to worry about what happens when the back is eventually destroyed)

Too bad for him I finished my moat in the interim. I wonder what bits I should take this time.

why squares?

Plasteel ore has shittonnes of health so it makes a really good target for practice and no one is going to try repair it. When it breaks it'll drop plasteel though I haven't tried with a gun, you might need to make the last hit with a pickaxe.

evolving slowly into a respectable community.
built some housing not underground and slowly
moving out of the deep (5x infestations)
also building a walled devilstrand enclosure
that i will light and heat during winter.

Well, shit.

reminds me of KILL BILL.. she is still good for something, if you catch me.

Not sure if this is a bug or WAD

WAD, animal pregnancy is allowed. Unless they shouldn't have had sex at all. Was the monkey designated a comfort prisoner and/or did the colonist have the zoophile trait?
If you want you can change the species probabilities in mod settings. You can set the chance for them to be human vs animal, or to share the species of their mother vs their father.

I wish there was a rimworld multiplayer mod that let you play on the same planet as friends and send traders or raiders between settlements

sounds cool but it would certainly fuck balance up the ass until it ripped out balance's anus.

posting it again, still havent played since .15
anything good from the updates?

There is:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22114.0

Still in development, but someone here could have set up a serb already.

Wonder how it deals with mod mismatch, everyone's playing with different mods, I have like 30 enabled

if you try to send something that the player doesn't have it simply doesn't arrive. and goes into the void. thats how it deals with mod mismatches.

this is how we rimworld baybeeee

That's funny as hell. You're almost tempting me to get the hygiene mod just to fuck with the prisoners like that.

I've been playing with the Hygiene mod for about as long as I've been playing the game. I'd definitely recommend it.

Rivers and roads are cool. Also events on the overworld like trade requests, outposts to siege, and stashes of supplies. You'll use the overworld map a lot more in the recent version.

gay

How much the hygiene mod fuck with the performance?
I usually hit 30 fps at 2x speed when my colony is set up.

Is your PC shite or something?

Hygiene mod hasn't really affected my performance. Or at least, a measurable amount. I still get a solid 40-50 FPS on 3x speed with quite a large amount of mods installed.

It's a reluctance to upgrade. Never really needed to since 2011.

I thought that was the norm for this game. Early game is nothing, but later on, when you have a stock of 30-40k items over three dozen stockpiles and 10+ colonists, it usually devolves into a lagfest at anything but 1x, sometimes even at 1x

You’d think drawfags would have a field day with this game. There’s plenty of fodder for them.

Definitely, I wish we had some.

vanilla runs golden on a "pretty good but couple year old rig" even with 15 pawns on a ludicrous sized map.

Why'd you give the doggo a shot of whiskey?

I didn't know dogs would just consume whatever's lying arond so I didn't forbid them from the tiles beer resided in.

i cant seem to get animals to not wander out of restricted areas to not go get shitfaced or inject luicifium, or you know a cat opening a bottle of bear and drinking it all with its thumbs and shit until it passes out and dies.

It seems forbidding the stack helps stop that but I still wouldn't trust those little bastards with luciferium or the like.

wtf am i supposed to do some of my colonists have um needs

For this save I don't have the time to worry about addictions so I just lock up the addict until his withdrawal period is up, then Prisoner tab>"release" him which returns him to service as soon as a Warden brings him out.

i be talking about muh lucifieium

Feels good man. I've started raising a wolf pack since that screenshot was taken, had to grind my animal skill up for ages taming and slaughtering random animals but it was worth it in the end.
Now if only there was an animal smart enough to research for me so I don't have to sit around doing fuck all for days just to unlock something new.

Also my cows are now both on 4 peg legs from getting abused by attacking tribesman so much, sucks for them that I can never remember to restrict them to be inside when raiders come but they do make excellent bait.

If you don't have any more luciferium the only way to prolong that colonist's sanity and life is to put them in cryosleep until you get more.

Do rivers actually do anything?

Natural moat I guess.

So what hair mod would you guys recommend? Gets kinda tiring seeing the same hairstyles after a while.

I use
Spoon's Hair Mod - ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24500.0
Nackblad Inc Rimhair - ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=21771.0
and Rimsenal - Rimhair (one of the Rimsenal submods) - ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11160.0

And steam links:
Spoon's Hair Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725447220
Nackblad Inc Rimhair - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727687246
and Rimsenal - Rimhair -
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725949967

They're essential if you're using the hygiene mod, which sort of sucks. I also like terraforming them to make deeper moats and shit.

I tried to get into Rimworld but I couldn't. Any tip on how to getting good?

Grow carrots, they're good for you.

go somewhere with moderate temperatures and a year round growing season and rush cowboy hats, i suggest arid shrub lands. make sure you have all your skills covered by your first 3 colonists ALL OF THEM. make sure at least 2 colonist of your starting 3 are capable of violence. build a freezer and make a stockpile zone in it for food and prioritize it. grow rice first then corn and make sure to have a field of heal root planted right away so min 7 growing skill. other than that capacity to do shit is fine to start with. people like to eat at a table and have their own rooms and not sleep in their own filth so cleaning should be someones priority, and you should build a table with some stools next to it right away. when shit is going south and you don't know what to do check the needs tab for shit to do.

Cannibalism.

I would go to rain forrest since you dont have to deal with your people freezing to death and can grow year round, plus it rains a lot. Only need to watch for fires.

I like how it looks and I tried the more forrest trees mod before but moving from your main square base to the other small structue you have would take like 3 hours. Time moves way to fast in this game imo, at least daylight hours. Just walking to point a-b takes forever in that environment. I had to delete one game cause of that.

It's a fucking rainforest, no duh. That's why you clear out the vegetation and make paths to where you need to go.

Accept that your first couple of bases are going to end in failure. Take them as learning experiences. Stay away from wood and steel as building materials. Wood doors are fine, but if your walls are wood/steel and a battery blows up, half your base could go up in flames. Get a small room set up rather early and when you start getting raids check the downed raiders to see if there's anyone worth imprisoning and recruiting. (Some will recommend you just eat them and make hats out of their skin, but I'm not a big fan of that particular meme.

I hope you like malaria. In colder climates you won't have to deal with disease as much, so long as you keep things reasonably clean. Also the heat can kill you just like frostbite can.

Thats a good laugh my man.

I never ever had a problem with vanilla desises or whatever, only time I had a problem was with RJW and my females kept fucking my slaves and getting herpies and stuff.

Never thought about that, but how does the fog of war war? Makes it harder to see at night and trees limiting range and stuff?

I play with Fog of War and Realistic Nights, so yeah, any raids happening at night make me stick to my base. The actual FoW mod works like it does in any other game: most of the map is unrevealed until you send someone to scout it, and then you can't see any animals, items, or people in that area unless someone is nearby.

thanks rimworld

Has anyone had any chance running Alien Framework alongside Children&Pregnancy?
Trying it will either crash my game when generating the world or it simply won't generate at all and will be back to the menu.

I kinda need Alien Framework for some of the aliens I'm using but especially for the Warhammer Corruption mod, something I've managed to run alongside with the Chtullu mod and the Star Wars mod (looking forward to slay Great Old ones with a light saber and sacrifice their skulls to Khorne).

I have an entire colony filled with nude sculptures.
My artists don't seem to want to make anything else. Then again, if I had nudist girls in my colony, I'd be hard pressed to think of anything else.
The arists are all females though.

h-hot

Maybe they're narcissist?

So is anyone else having problems with stuttering during rain? I can get 60 fps on x3 speed normally on a 325x325 map, but as soon as it starts raining the game stutters every few seconds. It's really fucking annoying.

The Omnissiah smiled on me and it works for me, but I stopped using Children and Pregnancy because having a bunch of babies filling up my hospital beds was getting annoying.

where do i find this mod?

Loverslab.

github.com/semigimp/RJW
I believe this is the latest version

no.

New thread: