Harmony Gold Suing PGI and Harebrained Schemes

They actually think this is infringing, holy hell are their lawyers retarded? These look nothing like each other. PGI's in deep shit though.

unitedstatescourts.org/federal/wawd/242820/1-0.html

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/funimation-targets-pirate-streaming-site-kissanime-170601/
auraroadsubs.wordpress.com/2017/07/01/round-vernian-vifam-batch/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean the rifleman is literally a copy of the destroid, or vice versa, I don't remember which but that same specific copyright complaint has come up before. The other one though yeah, they look exactly nothing alike. Harmony Gold is fucking faggots, always have been and always will be.

The first one is absurd, but I can see the resemblance in that third image. Is it enough to take to court? I wouldn't know, I'm not Hebrew.

Good. Fuck HBS and their faggotry.

Fuck, who do I hate more? PGI or HG? That's a tough one.

Thought the Reseen designs had already been determined to be in the clear, though. Oh well.

Well shit. So much for getting another shadowrun game.

They didn't even copyright-troll right

The Shawk looks nothing like the Destroid Spartan. The Reseen Archer resembles the Destroid Spartan because the original Archer was a rebranded Spartan. But again, I thought the Reseens had already cleared this hurdle, so what the fuck.

Part of me wants to see Piranha Games eat shit and die.

Is Harmony Gold some disney villain? You know, one that is evil for the sake of being evil?

I don't think they've got a case so I wouldn't call it so soon. I just really hope we get a new Shadowrun with better graphics in line with the new game they're working on.

Really? Every last fiber of my being wants to see PGI dead.

Copyright trolls are basically Disney villains, yes.

All that being said - Microsoft technically owns the BattleTech IP. If they really fucking wanted, M$ could step in and just fucking wipe the floor with HG legally. Harmony Gold is small fry compared to M$' legal department.

Are you still mad over that LL incident?
It's still alive and kicking, they never pursued it after the initial singe C&D.
And now they are putting money made from MWO whales to make a single player MW game for me to pirate.
They are not much of a villains, but your average jews that just want money, not caring much if they fuck anybody up in the process.

Compare that to HG that actively and constantly do evil shit like this, living for the sole purpose of fucking up somebody, no matter who.

Kind of, but that's not really my biggest beef with PGI by far

Broken promises, "you're on an island' tone-deaf bullshit, blatant jewry, borderline P2W shit at times in the form of an ever-shifting meta in which certain mechs will suddenly become GODLY with balance passes that JUST HAPPEN to neatly coincide with MC/mech sales, etc.

Jury's still out on whether it will even be worth pirating.

Yes, I would categorize HG as definitely being more evil than PGI, I certainly won't argue there. That said, I'm inclined to think the only thing that keeps PGI from being far more evil than they are is their utter incompetence.

If it would please the court.

This generic mecha design is clearly infringing the copyright of my client's generic mecha design.

If you trace the origin of the cockpit, you see that these mecha miscreants tried to hide their techno thievery by disquieting their work as nothing more than homage or reference.

If you think that then you are wrong as thinking gobots and transformers are the same thing. They had the intent to sabotage our mecha vision by subterfuge, to blur the line between our IP and theirs, and cause mass confusion to our loyal fans.

These nefarious newtypes should be sent to the slammer of their own design. To be imprisoned in a giant mecha statue in Japan on the taxpayers money. If you do not fine these Voltron villains the maximum penalty for their grotesque Gundam gangbang, then anime will really be a mistake.

Ha ha you what? Oh wait do you mean you actually played MWO?
Boy are you stupid?
I "played" it for like 2 hours on release and instantly saw that it's a borderline mobile game built around microtransactions and buying premium mechs and shit.
If you actually played it you're fucking stupid I'm sorry, and whatever pain and humiliation your received from it you fully deserved.

That joke is a bit too elaborate for me to catch on, but I know that battletech robots were initially based on macross robots, that later was rebranded robotech in the west.
I dunno what of the two happened first, but that might play a role in the court.

Harmony Gold's been silent on this for awhile so it's curious as to why they are trying to after this shit now. Considering that the reseen stuff was done ages ago by PGI and both Harebrained and even the battletech ip owners at Catalyst have started using the reseen redesigns. It's in the best interests of all three companies to tell Harmony Gold to fuck off and I'd encourage them to go ask microsoft for aid considering they're the original owners of the mechwarrior license.

Harmony Gold is the worst of the bunch, removing redesigned content from other games, holding onto macross and stopping it from being brought over to the US. Harmony gold is a cancer and I hope this backfires spectacularly for them. I also hope that it somehow drags PGI down with them as well. It'd be beautiful.

And here's where the PGI Defense Force realizes he picked a really bad hill to die on and shifts gears to save his own ass.

"Played". You played it or you didn't. I'm inclined to think you're being a big ol' fibber here given how rapidly you shifted gears here, Russ. Or is this Paul? Who am I kidding, it doesn't matter.

HG still exists?

Did it hurt you so much? I'm sorry user, I don't really care for PGI, whether it dies or lives doesn't concern me.
MW5 announce was a pleasant surprise, but even if the cancel it or it turns out to be complete garbage I don't care, there is LL for multiplayer and old MW games with countless mods for single player.
I just thing that HG is hilariously evil, even compared to you average big company. Is it even big though?

I've played a bunch of matches with randoms. Then I saw how much "exp" and "credits" I earned and looked how much I need to buy the next mech and realized that this shit full on p2w grinding garbage and uninstalled it forever. Sine then I heard they introduced "golden" mechs and shit and only chuckled.
Does it sound like I'm protecting it? If it does, then I dunno, maybe your brain was damaged too much by playing it.

Please let this be the one that kills HG

Amazingly, yes. It's pretty much just a lifeless husk built around their legal department, and it exists pretty much solely to engage in copyright-trolling.

This is evident in your business decisions, Russ.
"pleasant surprise"
Did you actually see the fucking trailer for MW5 Mercs? It's shit. They actually found a way to make stompy robots look fucking BORING AS SHIT.

You're really bad at this, Russ. It's nice to know, in a way, that you'll never be genuinely competent at hurting people. You just sort of stumble your way into being a colossal jackass over and over.

I think we got the better end of that deal

You're strangely defensive for someone who doesn't care.

Behold gentlemen, exhibit A of the true reason Mecha vidya will never hit it off the ground. The copyright stranglehold is so strong it's virtually impossible to avoid lawsuits, this is what budding devs have to put up with to make sure their shit gets off the ground.

Nah, Harmony Gold has zero claim on Battletech, but MWO played Icarus and might get burned.

Your average Jew belongs in a gas chamber, evidently.

Reminder that John Oogabooga literally bought his way into Pacific Rim 2 and it will suck atomic dicks.

I missed this part of it

Fucking hell, he's supposed to be Stacker's son which really fucking cheapens the father-daughter dynamic with Mako in the first one

Western Mecha are fat. Like the west.

…Bloody Harmony Gold. They did fucking nothing with Robotech after the original series was done. Anyone remember anything aside from Robotech? Of course not. Hell, these chucklefucks are the reason we don't SRW Alpha in the West.

When was the last time we had a good Jap mecha game? From Software only cares about repackaging Dank Souls now.

EDF is my go-to response for good modern mecha games since its got everything from power armor to giant fortresses, and a huge variety of enemies to use them on. Although the arcade gameplay certainly isn't for everyone.

Is air raider class viable for solo though? The early game vehicles suck.

OH I fucking hate box system in EDF.
It killed it for me

And what about MW4, huh? You know, the game that was officially available for free, packed in a convenient installer, and came with a whole host of extra content? Is that excused, too?

This has been going on since the 1980s. HG is the Derek Smart of mecha.

I think they could convince the judge on the third one. Though I suppose they could argue for the first one if they already proved the third.

WHEN IS SOMEONE GOING TO DESTROY HARMONY GOLD?!
THEY NEED TO DIE NOW!

HG has nothing here. If it turns out the PGI designs are 3d objects vs HG 2d they have less than nothing. They could technically copy line per line in 3d and have a unique piece of art that HG would have no claim to.

Where do they even get money from? It's not like they are localizing macross anything.

Not for every mission without careful planning and execution, some missions hinder or completely disable air support, but otherwise he has a pretty easy time since his vehicles bring some of the best firepower and durability in the game.

They seem to get their money either from
a. Funimation
or
b. successful copyright trolls

for a, you just have to look at Funimation's actions as of late, where they seem to be hellbent on protecting One Piece & DragonBall. Funi & HG seem to be linked up ever since that Robotech film "The Shadow Chronicles".

SRW can't come to the west because different companies own different licenses from all the shows that are in SRW you dumbfuck. Even SRW games without Macross or Mospeada mechs can't come here because you'd the approval of dozens of other companies to sign off.

We were close to an English release of SRW Alpha to the Dreamcast, you brain-dead prick….but then Harmony Gold said no..heck, they were the only licensing company that said no and they had to scrap it.

None of that makes any sense you dumb nigger, Funi and HG have nothing in common with each other.
Because those are active licenses in that they are producing stuff related to Dragon Ball and One Piece, so of course they want to protect, plus you forget Toei owns those shows are far greater copyright hounds than Funimation is.
Source nigger.

What, Alpha? Ok, the Macross stuff would be why it got pulled but it also has Eva shit in there, and the international merch rights to that franchise are majorly fucked up. Point is, HG is only a part of why SRW games can't come to the states.

>(((gold)))
Good thing Living Legends exists

Oh no..every other licensing company cleared it. Only HG said no because for some damn reason they think having Macross on Stateside would interfere with Robotech sales…even though Robotech ended a decade ago.

The films IMDB page lists Funimation as the distributor of "Robotach: The Shadow Chronicles for all mediums in the US as of 2006.

I already know about how diligent Toei is with their copyrights. There are more takedowns of DragonBall & One Piece-related content done by "Funimation Entertainment" on US and European sites ( torrentfreak.com/funimation-targets-pirate-streaming-site-kissanime-170601/ one example of this). If the takedown was done by Toei, the name for company handing out the takedown would be "Toei Animation".

Faggy ninjas prancing aboot in retarded designs.

Well, yeah..the modern Japanese mech design looked crap. Seriously, slender limbs that looked like it could break if a stiff breeze was blowing, the legs look like it can barely support the weight of the torso..

Usually susceptible to innacurate information
They put the DVD in retailers shelves, a DVD that's out of print. Shadow Chronicles was a purely HG produced joint. All this shit with Macross and Robotech is all in HGs court and Funi doesn't get a cent from it

You niggers need to read about HGs history with Battletech to understand this lawsuit.

Oh no..every other licensing company cleared it
Source?

U fukken wot

Excellent.

Exactly as it should be.

Is that designed by faggot who decided to not release one of his movies on discs or any other media other than theaters so it wouldn't get pirated?
Fucking fag.

And this is why this lawsuit is basically an old homeless man and a retarded aids ridden faggot fighting over a piece of meat.

I don't care. I hate all three participants with a burning passion. Whoever loses, I win. I hope they burn all their money throwing shit at each other.

I said modern. I mean, if we are going for Sentai…compared that to say…any modern Sentai mechs.

Oh right I'm sorry.
You are correct then I guess.
I like bulky but still anime mechs.

Yeah, Nagano's legendary for being bonkers. He also wont release good model kits because apparently he thinks you should only be allowed to build them if you're good enough to make them. Whether this kind of elitist insanity makes you hate him or love him is what defines his fanbase.

I actually like the older more bulkier mechs. Never a fan of modern day stuff because even their supers looked fragile compared to the tank that was Mazinger Z.

He likes to draw traps, so he's a faggot, so I hate him I guess.
His robots are gay too.

This is the crap design I'm talking about…looked like a stiff breeze can break a limb..

That's because you're a faggot who only likes boring fatty robots. Give me the lanky ones any day. They're all retarded and unrealistic, so at least make them imaginative.

Yeah..and lanky fragile shit is so realistic. Looks more like modern art piece than a fighting robot.

There's no need to be mean.

I can get behind Armored Core - tier of lanky, but that shit is just inappropriate.

At least, this looks OK for a lanky mech..this and the VF from Macross..well up Macross 7 anyways. Never did like the VF-25 and the 31.

That's my point. It looks unrealistic, as it should. There's no such thing as a realistic looking mecha, just boring ones. I'm not giving congratulations to a designer who just saw a tank and said "yeah that but more stupid looking".

There's a difference between something that maybe could work in fiction and is explained well enough vs upscaled magic spandex ninjas.

I hate these compared to bulky stompy mechs, but the skeleton on my inside has a huge boner for them. It is a good thing that I am at peace with my inner spook.

Ah good old Harmony. How is Robotech these days?

I've never seen a ninja that looked anything like that. Maybe what you saw wasn't a ninja, which would make sense, they're ninjas and tend to not be seen. I only know a couple that actually do. Also literally anything works in fiction, that's cause it's fictional. You could actually have good taste in a fictional story, for example.

I'm almost amazed how fucking dead they are. There's some hilarious pictures of them having a public event that only had about ten people show up. You have to work hard to waste a brand name like that.

Because of you we don't have any science in sci-fi.

Of all the designs MechWarrior ripped off, why choose these designs for examples in a lawsuit?

I wouldn't mind if they both destroyed eachother financially

Disgusting. :^)

Nonexistant. Say what you will about Macross…at least it's still going.

…Whose more disgusting? Liking something with meat on the bones…or just liking bones?

Speaking of modern mechashit just compare OG Voltron to nuVoltron. Just looks like a dude in a suit now.

rattled/10

I keep my Transformers folder inside my Mech folder. Fuck you.

NuVoltron isn't even Japanese produced so it's not the best example but there you have it.

Right is cel shaded 3D.
Left is a static image, not a screenshot.

Transformers aren't mechs.
But you're free to do as you please, nobody can stop you from having traps folder inside girls folders as well.

Well that just killed my interest at wanting to watch this. Can't stand the worthless no talent coon. He

Who?

He said Mechs, not people in a costume.

The coon from SW The Farce Awakens

They are.

Where else would you put it? Traps are girls.

that's not mecha, that's origami.

..Oh..you mean Watermelon Stormtrooper.

If this means PGI goes to bankruptcy, then battletech must take this blow and wait another decade for a good developer and a good game

That was no incident you faggot.
And do you remember MW4 and MP4?
Do you remember the MW2 Remake?
Or when they tried to kill Megameks
Maybe when they used Founders money to make other projects instead of investing in their game?
And perhaps the various fan projects they shut down?
Of course not cause you are too busy guzzling dicks.
I hope Harmony Gold Jews them honestly. PGI deserves to die.

They both deserve to die, it's like facebook vs zenimax.

A mech requires a Cockpit, user. Where is the cockpit in a Transformer? And I mean an actual cockpit, not a clanghole.

The driver/passenger seats. Duh.

There are no controls there, user. Transformers are Robots, not Mechs.

Well..unless you count the Japanese only Masterforce characters where the humans did control the mechs..but that's a special case for the series. Don't get me started on the Yuusha mechs.

The real question is who dies first and who kills the survivor?

If you're going to shitpost try to make it not so obvious please.

Traps are girls whether you like it or not religicuck. Cuntboys are men, too. You can live in denial all you want but the future is now old man.

I'm rooting for Harmony Gold tbh

Harmony Gold still have a vice grip on animu in the west via their tertiary spinoff that is current day Funimation which combined with their Crunchyroll partnership turns animu piracy into a moral imperative 99% of the time. HBS may be literal faggots, and PGI have basically killed Mechwarrior, but Harmony Gold are supervillain tier in comparison.

I want a new Shadowrun with better gameplay and isn't designed for mobile devices.

I'd still cheer for HG if they fucked over PGI and HBS.

Good luck

Fuck it. I'll make my own cyberpunk game then. With hookers and collectible card games.

Hopefully this time Microsoft will kill them dead.
I wasn't gonna buy the game I don't even like battletech, but I have two decades of pure hatred for Harmony Gold.

>(((Harmony Gold)))
How are they still in business?

>(((how)))

It sounds like all three of the companies involved in this should get fucked.

Jews Jewing Jews

To be fair, those particular parts were designed specifically for aerial agility. The second one, especially, is almost completely specialized for that purpose. Neither of those builds are very representative of your typical NEXT setup, with the second one being especially unique.

Wait a sec. What did HBS do–aside from releasing mediocre games–to deserve such ire?

Isn't that already covered by Cyberpunk 2077?

They drank the SJW kool-aid, hard. For the record that still doesn't make them nearly as bad as PGI or Harmony Gold.

The sad thing is, as much as I hate to as a BTfag, I have to root for Piggy as a /m/an, they are the only ones with lawyers capable of outmaneuvering Harmony Gold's lawyers and bringing about the golden age. Catalyst Game Labs is too cheap and Leaf to actually fight them in court over the new Unseen designs (despite redesigning them intentionally to avoid legal issues), and Harebrained doesn't have the legal expertise or revenue to fight it by themselves. Hell, they're trying to claim that the Atlas is infringing of the Armored Valkyrie. That claim is so broad that any humanoid mecha could fall under its criteria.

As an aside, you can probably blame Sony for this, they recently licensed the Robotech license for a movie adaptation for an obscene sum of money. Because no matter what happens, HG is a goddamned Lazarus that keeps sucking money out of chums.

Granted, that shit you posted? Pretty damn good for humanoid mechs.
Still, I prefer more giant vehicle style mechs.

You know you're talking about piranha games, right? The morons who invented shit like "ghost heat" in mwo.

Hell, the Atlas looks more like a mix between a Scopedog and a GM than an Armored Valkyrie..hell, the Armored Valkryie looks more like a Rick Dias than an Atlas.

I can't see anything good happening for western mecha if BT dies, and it absolutely will if CGL gives them this much ground. Also they're dragging the Marauder into this, I'll be right pissed if they mess with my baby any further.

Fucking this. Harmony Gold CANNOT win this case otherwise it set a legal precedent for not just Humanoid mechs, but nearly all bipedal mecha.

Is that nigga who wants to fuck chicken walker mechs here?
He always lurks mecha threads.

LOL

Harmony Gold exists only to sue people and make sure nobody knows Robotech is actually an abomination.

Hell, if HG even try…they had to contend with the others. What, HG's going to take on BamCo?

This isn't about one or two bad game companies. This isn't even about CGL. At least the make things, even if they aren't even approaching mediocre. This is about telling the one parasitic localization company that has been keeping several franchises under lock and key to fuck off.

Hell, Kawamori and Satelite have had their biggest property effectively locked out of the US market and hasn't received word from HG in years.

Hell, does HG did ANYTHING after Robotech ended? Anything at all? Anything that sticks into people's mind when they say Robotech that doesn't involved Macross (don't know if anyone remembered Southern Cross or Mospeada..ok, anyone remembered Mospeada other than its intro?). Nothing..yet HG kept suing folks just because "it cuts into the Robotech profits". Heck, HG was the folks that killed an English SRW release on the Dreamcast which was not only planned but was worked on.

For many years they were laundering money for the Italian mafia, which is why the companies creator went to jail at one point.
Not even joking, i think they do real estate shit now and leach of macross in any way they can.

Don't forget HG crediting themselves as creators of macross and other two with no mention of the original jap creators whatsoever.

Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Remember, Tim Langdell and his copyright over the word "Edge"?

He didn't win right?

See .

When are you going to translate Gihren's Greed?

True, EA destroyed him in court over his dispute over Mirror's Edge. That said he was mostly successful in his copyright trolling for the previous 20 years or so.

Yeah..I got a question. Why is it so hard to get a proper translation for Gihren's Greed? Not like it has extensive voice over to work with..heck, Capcom, Koei and Bamco managed to get Gundam games out for a Western release…why not Gihren's Greed? Or is it because some American (read: Jewish) cunt trademark the word Greed?

They can't even show up to use their own board, what on earth makes you think they can get shit done?

From what I've heard it has a shitload of text concerning the various events. What really makes me mad is how the post OYW scenario with a Zeon victory is lacking in content and choices compared to the Feddie side. Like anyone in their right mind would play the fucking Feddies.

I wouldn't mind playing a Revil-led Fed or a Titanless Fed post OYW. Just as much as I want to play a Tem Ray faction…or a Char Zeon faction during OYW.

quick, someone post the multi-racial groups from the new game

Look, I'm not saying I don't like Gihren…but I prefer Dozle.

Oh god would you stop parroting this bullshit lie you faggot

THE CHAD MANIFESTATION
vs.
Virgin duck

Headmasters

Absolute trash

You…yes, you! You have pretty damn good taste

Give me a magnetlink to the pic #1 show as it does not exist anywhere online.

Guncannons High School adventures?…

I'm not mad about the racemixing, I'm mad at how retardedly bullshit it is

"Yeah literally everyone is a mix of two distinct ethnic groups rather than any purebloods or mixes of more than two"

Like the races kept homogenous until the point they decided to racemix to create protagonists.

At a glance it looks like it meshes up with the demographics of the Inner Sphere and the Great Houses. Keep in mind, this isn't 40k, a lot of people around this time still had records of their ancestral homes on Terra. Them listing their ancestries or even keeping track of it isn't unusual. If this were taking place after the chaos of the Jihad, I'd call bullshit, but as it is, in the Succession Wars era, I fail to see anything that doesn't line up with pre-established canon.

Also, Catalyst Game Labs is in Montreal, so if you really want to be triggered and yell at something, blame that damn Montreal air. It probably also explains the poor business decisions and CEO drug binges.

Why not? What possible reason could you have to nod your head and pretend these Mary Sue niggers and mulattos are good characters?

This is why I fucking hate Battletech fluff with a burning passion. Look past the mechs and it's a multicultural cesspit where subhumans dress up as their betters and parade around pretending to be civilized.

I miss the 50s when editorial fiat demanded sci-fi to be white and masculine.

Vifam is a cool show you should honestly watch it.

auraroadsubs.wordpress.com/2017/07/01/round-vernian-vifam-batch/

song related, goddamn MIO is a good singer

Still wanking it to your old man, Klanner scum?

Thanks, onni-fam.

just looked and it might not be the best. and nyaa doesn't have it. I'll have to look into creating a torrent for it

How are Clanners any different? Also, why would anyone cheer for those MUH HONOR cretins?

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/somethingawful/

>>>/reddit/

T-thanks.

Google how to dodge the MEGA download limit. I know there's a bunch of ways.

megatools

There is your one hint

Fuck this, I'll just download two episodes a day or maybe make an account one day.

I told you nigga megatools

I'm too lazy to get it to work that way.
I just made an account.
I'll stay itt until i get an actual torrent

I watched that movie, nice and short.

For all that everyone rags on China being the kings of IP theft, the fact that a judge in the USA can just award the copyright of a Japanese work to the US translators in an act of blatant robbery astounds me.

The old ways using megatools doesn't work since they patched the exploit, the only solution at the moment is pausing the download and using VPNs/proxies

I'm not at all familiar with Battletech lore but isn't it post-diaspora sci-fi? What's the issue here? Just Holla Forums getting triggered by fiction as always?

Why say the same thing twice?

It's not copyright so much as it's license. Those nip faggots should have had a sunset clause in their licensing contract with Harmony Goldstein.

Nowadays that's how anime licensing works. But back in the 80s, there were no set licensing expiration dates, so licenses were short, while others lasted longer. In Macross's case, Harmony Gold supposedly used a legal loophole that that allowed them to renew the license to Macross indefinitely, including trademarks and merchandising rights outside of Japan and Asia.

Harmony Gold is a special case. The only way for an American company can buy the copyright to a Japanese property is for the Japanese owner/author to agree to it. Case in point: Central Park Media actually bought the full rights to MD Geist after it sold far better in the US than in Japan, and since the rights were dirt cheap and Koichi Ohata agreed to it, they were allowed to buy it.

But how does HG make money out of Robotech/macross now?
They haven't edited the original into a new show in more than teo decades, the japs haven't given them anything other than the first show to work with, they aren't releasing japanese blu-ray's visya and toys because again Japanese side won't give them anything, that one movie from 2007 was garbage, and i'm pretty sure nobody gives a shit about rovotech in 2017 to make a dvd release a highly profitable venture, so how the fuck are these scumbags actually making money with a dead ip?

See the OP

Merchandising to all five remaining 45 year old gen-X neckbeards who think Robotech is everything to them since it defined their childhood and will not acknowledge its origins as three different shows cobbled together.

The ancestry doesn't make any sense, the bulk of humanity has left Earth for a thousand years to the point they no longer know nor care what their Earth ancestors were. They identify with their House more instead so instead of saying they were Germans they would say they are Steiners when it comes to their ancestry.
In otherwords it's a fundamental lack of understanding of the lore and pointless shit tacked on for SJW points.

It's 100% virtue signal since they actually have Jordan Weissmann at the company. Y'know, one of the guys that created Battletech back in the day.

Why is it any surprise he'd rev up the cucking? Battletech was already a multicultural shithole to begin with.

FUNi released Shadow Chronicles but hasn't touched anything Robotech related since. The Digital releases (Netflix, etc) was handled by Lionsgate as part of their Starz/Manga deal, and the most recent DVD boxes were put out by A&E (for some reason).

FUNi has absolutely acted as copyright trolls for Japanese licensors they're tight with, but HG hardly needs any help being Grade A cunts.