BoIR Champion Enemy Sprite editing?

The champion enemies in BoI look like absolute shit. They just look lime someone used the GMOD color tool on a regular enemy. I used Rick's unpacker to try to edit the shit champions colors to make it look somewhat decent but it seems like there's no champion enemy sprites.

Is there any way to change how champion enemies look?

Go play antibirth

That's literally every BoI update ever since Edmund adopted the idea that people were attracted to BoI because of its difficulty and not because of it being a decent twin-stick shooter and items having interesting synergies that fuck the game backwards. Antibirth's a fan-mod for Rebirth though, you might be thinking of Afterbirth which nerfed a metric fuckton of things (one "accidental" balance to Azazel in particular nerfed him to high hell) or Afterbirth+ which further bloated the item-pool along with lying about what the mod API was capable of at a great many points.

Fuck me.
Antibirth is fucking hard due to some of the new bosses. Fuck that new wall spider boss.

You can't without making severe reworks to the enemy system since Champions technically don't actually exist as there own entities in stock Binding of isaac.
But just for you
Here's the totally original Final boss of Afterbirth +

This game was either "get OP as fuck and crush the game" or "get unlucky and everything becomes a time-consuming health-sponge". I like the format but the whole game should be redesigned into something more hectic and fast.

He kinda tried that since some later bosses get a bit low-grade bullet hell-ish but it's offset with that he also tries stupid shit like damage resistance or scaling HP to force a boss into being at a certain difficulty. He wasn't expecting that you could still cheese those bosses through rapid-fire powers like Number One, since tears do a set amount of max damage to them.

I think you CAN make them their own entities by making a mod that causes vanilla champions to never spawn, making exact copies of the champion enemies as their own separate entities with same stats etc. but make their colors better.

That image is a far better design than the actual final boss

Came from Blundertale, it and some accompanying enemies have rather nice designs and stories attached to them

If you see Isaac's journey underground as real and not all in his head/all metaphorical and he's really killing demonic shit by crying like a bitch, tyhen it really makes you wonder why the fuck Isaac's mom is keeping fucking demons and zombie children in her basement.

I mean, we see children the same age presumably and size with their eyes gouged out, charging at Isaac to deal damage. Isn't that fucked up? A child with blood pouring out from mutilated eye sockets coming at you at high speeds making demonic growling noises.

The fuck happened in that basement?

Yes, but that is some really bad unnecessary bloat, especially considering the whole reason champions had to be a roll change instead of their own enemy was because of flash, limitations that, never existed in the first place for Rebirth, and made virtually no sense to "preserve".

It's a joke, edmund essentially stole the design and motif because people discovered his "red herring" in Afterbirth, which was that Afterbirth was actually unfinished when it shipped

He's talking about Undertale.

Just realized that now that you told me. But still, I want to know why zombie children try to kill you in a basement located under a bedroom.

It's An allegory because isaac is actuallyJust a video game and the theme serves to fit the gameplay, and nothing more, this is also why Delirium is such a bad boss

You must be not fun at parties.

The story serves a utility purpose and that's the way the game was designed to begin with. I'm sorry but it's simply not important to the game itself.

Jesus Christ, are you bitter about something? Discussing theories surrounding a game's lore and why things happen in the game's world is fun and can actually ENHANCE one's gameplay experience. Quit sucking the fun out of things, fgt.

My point is that simply because of how isaac is, story serves the game, not the otherway around.
It's somewhat of an unimportant factor, and if we actually discussed it we'd just be going in circles because the story itself isn't continuous with itself.
What can be boiled down into the realm of "things that actually happened probably" is that isaac never went into a basement and is instead suffocating in a box.

Mom seems to be a bigass demon in and of herself since the Bible kills her (actually reading the thing instead of being a bible-thumper who commits to it in word but not in spirit) and all the monsters you see are quite literally her children.

I dunno, it's hard to tell if he actually dies in the box in his room trying to hide. The game is extremely metaphorical, and the Blue Baby might represent his fear of being locked in his chest and dying.

why does isaac have hair

Better question, why does isaac turn into a demon in the chest? And what does the lost have to gain from convincing Mom to kill isaac?

Actually, hold up. Just found something interesting. leddit may not be good for much, but I found this while scrolling through other people's theories. Seemed really interesting.

This could be seen as Isaac finally accepting his "sin" that Christianity has taught him he was born with and will always have, and coming to terms with who he thinks he is. Full of sin, etc.

Shit, dog, I just remembered that. Yeah that weird snake thing looks like the Lost. I have an idea I think. The Lost is a playable character added in one of the recent major updates to TBoI, right? If we see the whole basement as Isaac metaphorically conquering his fears, doubts, and how he sees himself and the world around him etc. then the Lost convincing his mom to hurt him could be his way of explaining why his own mother would mistreat/hurt him. Many of the items like the HP up items symbolize his mother abusing and neglecting him. A can of dog food and rotten milk are called "lunch" and "breakfast" respectively, and items like the belt and spoon could symbolize him getting beaten by his mother. When you grab the spoon that makes you run faster, Isaac gets covered in marks as if someone hit him with it multiple times. Oh and his room barely has jack shit in it besides drawings and no visible bed.

Shit forgot my screencap from leddit.

The hole in that screenshot theory is that it is basically confirmed that all the playable characters are Isaac in some way or another. ??? is a dead isaac, The Lost is his soul, and everyone else is him playing dress up or having another personality to cope with the lost of his siblings when they died prenatally, see sister maggy and brother bobby.

I get the feeling that whatever story was established was ruined when Edmund started pushing extensions.