Metroid Thread

Rage about shitty physical DLC, discuss your favorite games, post Samus lewds, pray that Prime 4 isn't going to be shit

Other urls found in this thread:

am2r-another-metroid-2-remake.en.uptodown.com/windows
youtube.com/watch?v=EzMqJnsgMgg
youtube.com/watch?v=plADYc4tnTE
youtube.com/watch?v=2ke3iyT-zRA
youtube.com/watch?v=_i-y76E7FFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HYZLT_LIQoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ridley for smash.

I hope Metroid Prime 4 will be good.

Samus' suit is very realistic. I wanted a Metroid game of two analog thumbsticks since Metroid Prime of Nintendo GameCube.

Anyway, after giving up on the hopes that the new Metroids will be good, I've decided to try AM2R for the first time. I've always wanted to, but I didn't own a computer when it was a big deal. So far, it's pretty fuckin' good. I'm impressed by the bosses, which actually tend to be pretty difficult for a "Metroid" game. I'm on OP pic related right now, and Jesus fucking Christ he's a bitch once you shock him for the second time.

If dubs, Prime 4 will be an isometric twin stick shooter with a map that self-draws, but you have to fill everything else in it by hand.
Fuck, I started that as a joke, now I actually want it

Do they run well on dolphin?

Yes. If you decide to rig it up so that you play with mouse and keyboard, play on veteran difficulty or harder because holy shit its so easy otherwise.

Nah
I haven't played an fps in years, I'm better off with my joypad.

considering my friend collects the amiibos and has the newer ones pre-ordered I consider myself lucky I dont have to buy them.

also what dlc was tied to zero suit and the smash bros samus?

I honestly just flat out refuse to buy the game now that they're doing it. 10 years and now they want us to pay for a difficulty setting, a sound gallery, and an art gallery. I would have been fine if it was just cosmetic shit like the Fusion suit, or maybe putting the original Metroid 2 in there as an amiibo unlock, but stuff like that is just bullshit.

Anyone got a link to the last version of AM2R? I got 1.00 but I heard there was a couple of patches before it was finally pulled.

am2r-another-metroid-2-remake.en.uptodown.com/windows

I'm probably still gonna buy Samus Returns, since I want to support the series. I'll just pirate the amiibo content.

Guess the guy only got to 1.1 before getting fucked.
Thanks!

There's like a phone app or something that can do it, no?

They're probably lying about amiibo exclusivity, they've done it before with other games claiming features were amiibo-only that weren't

If you can pirate in the first place you can use NTR or some other cheat-program to skirt around the amiibo restriction entirely.

Reminder that NFC Tags are Sub 10$ in bulk and are super easy to spoof amiibo with

Are you referring to that kirby game?

Kill yourself.

Yeah, also folks can just make save files with the amiibo content already unlocked and upload them for others to use.

It's not that I don't pirate all the fucking time (I pirated MHXX, for example) I'd just rather actually have a physical copy of Samus Returns, and increase the possibility of getting more 2D Metroid. Not saying anyone else should buy it, just speaking for myself.

Maybe, but I don't feel like they were lying, to me it feels more like they're testing the waters with this amiibo crap, maybe the reactions the consumers had weren't what they expected and they decided to just not make the content amiibo exclusive.
They're still pushing it though, and when they get away with it (maybe not with metroid because it's kind of a niche franchise) they'll do something slighty worse and then something even worse, before we know it fans are going to be downloading Bowser boss fights dlc for mario games or some shit like that.

Yeah. Nevermind that this would be the most extensive lock-behind of content for amiibo to-date; previous biggest offender would be Cave of Shadows for TPHD.

Depends entirely on if it even develops into a slippery-slope, previous projects like that Animal Crossing boardgame which depend on amiibo were wildly unpopular. Hell, only people I see defending Metroid's amiibo situation (provided it's true in the first place) are bait Youtube comments and DLC-whores that get cherrypicked for "this is the state of the industry" screenshots.

We'll see in 2 months whether they are just lying or genuinely trying to fleece people of more money. Things like this don't give me much hope for Prime 4 though.

Can't wait until they lock multiplayer and motion controls behind amiibos.

I'm really not liking this very Jewish direction I'm seeing Nintendo go with their business practices. The concept of Amiibo irritates me, the idea that I have to go purchase all this extra product in order to have a full game after I already paid for the game. I already don't like DLC, this is like DLC+physical DLC.

Yeah.However, say the hard mode was included stock and the fusion suit was the benefit of the amiibo, is that easier to swallow? Something like a hard mode should never be hidden behind a paywall, especially for a community of people who generally idolize extremely intense displays of skill with their games and the difficulty the comes with pulling those moves off.

This is worse than dlc, with dlc you actually download stuff, no matter how shitty it is. This is charging for something that's already in the game.
Usually a hard mode only changes the hp of enemies and the damage you deal/recieve, and they're charging for that, what, twenty bucks? (I really don't know how much these things are worth but I doubt it's less than that). This is the lowest kind of kikery, we're gonna make you pay for shit twice because fuck you.

How assmad will Ridleyfags get if Kraid gets into smash?

Kraid was already in Smash as a stage hazard in Melee.

where are the tubes?

Actually, someone else has updated it, and it's now at 1.2.10. Google it.

They'd still be btfo by it either way. Nintendo was in the wrong with AM2R and even people who arent metroid fans know it. If Samus Returns comes out and doesnt appeal to Metroid fans, then their efforts are moot and Nintendo will looks even more out of touch than usual.

The issue is that all of that has either been a free unlock in the past (at least once the games had more room for extraneous data like art and soundtest, like the Primes), or at least the requirements were something like connecting with a game series fans likely already had on hand (IE: Connecting Fusion to Prime to get the Fusion Suit in Prime). This is just Nintendo deciding to see how much they can kike shit up, and with one of their less popular series no less. I've honestly thought to myself in the past that some companies just don't like various series they handle anymore, be it as the devs or publishers, and will go out of their way to create justification to make sure they don't have to bother with it as much in the future. Between Nintendo already pissing off Metroid fans with Other M, a massive gulf of nothing after Other M until Fed Farce, slapping AM2R with a cease and desist (thankfully the game already having come out), and then horseshit like this, I would imagine it's not liable to sell well at all. Should they pull similar shit with Prime 4, and piss off Metroid fans even further, they might have the sales justification they want to dump the series back in the freezer again. Just my thoughts though.

All you'll be doing is furthering Nintendo's horseshit practices, even if you don't opt to buy the amiibos. There comes a point like this where nothing good can come of any action taken, leaving the game/series in a catch 22. You support the game, you send a message that you're fine with what they're doing, and they keep shitting things up. You don't buy it, and they toss the series back into the freezer again.

Should clarify that I meant "after Prime 3".

AM2R actually contains heart and soul. The person making it did it purely for his own enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. Samus Returns is being made by multiple people that may or may not actually give a shit about the series, who are also under the control of people that probably don't give a shit about anything except the money. They also have to work under a deadline.
A quality fan game will ALWAYS beat an official game, as a person making a fan game can pretty much do whatever they want if they're mostly alone. The only thing an official game has over a quality fan game is funding.

I guess its kind of strange then. We have the perfect example of what the fans think a metroid game is, and perfect an example of what Nintendo thinks a metroid game is.

Ouch.

Really is a shame it's gonna suck so bad to be honest. I like the new suit design a lot, and to see it wasted on such a shitty game is such a shame. As for the Metroid series itself, I don't care either way if the new games are good or bad. If they're good and not full of DLC bullshit, great, I'll buy them. If not, then I'll just ignore their existence. The old Metroid games aren't going anywhere, and tons of games similar to Metroid are being made now, and some are actually decent (Cave Story, AM2R, etc). Speaking of Metroid like games, what happened to that one game with the blue robot? I do't remember what it was called, but I remember a a gameplay video of one of the boss fights against some kind of butler robot underground.

Why did they turn her shoulder guards into Behelits?

The NSMB games sell shittons and Nintendo treats them as fucking shovelware titles. One of the series that put them on the map, yet they can't be assed to improve of add anything on to them. Your money is going to waste user, don't do it.

Got some bad news for you friendo

Samus Returns is guaranteed to be shit. The team behind the shitty 3ds Castlevania "mirror of fate" is working on it.

Let's come up with new armors for Samus. I want to see her get a flying armor of some sort. Also, maybe we could get some armor customization.

Nintendo had less angered metroid community before, considering Samus Returns was secretly in development staring in 2015 and fans were still hopeless. The DMCA of AM2R turned an potentially bad scenario into consumer relation suicide, and they have no way to squirm their way out cause they cocked the gun. Also yeah, the suit design is actually pretty good. Kind of half prime, half original Metroid 2 design.

Maybe an upgrade could be like Hover from Titanfall 2. Pause mid air momentum to stop for a few moments to land a few shots before continuing on. Maybe it could also get some cool shinespark puzzels where you need to slow down mid shinespark to shoot a missile at something to open a path.

Who the fucks idea was it to make it so the whole station goes on lock down once you trigger the final objective? Traversing the station without being able to use the elevators after the final upgrade was just glorified padding.

Have you played the Hyper metroid mod? Its really good. Well I'm going to upload it with the emulator to vola.

I'll sacrifice my copy of Other M to appease the game gods. Probably throw in Black Ops for good measure.

Samus Returns might've been good but it's ruined by amiibo shit. At least piracy is a thing now.

Samus Returns was good when it was 2D.
As in AM2R.

Pretty much.

Technically, with the "mini kraid" from super, I could see it happening if sakurai is in charge again.

Well, the guy in charge of the team has good ideas. He was one of the producers of prime 2 and wanted to do a temporal basis.

IE: hop between past and present and possibly future to do/undo actions to change the world.

The suit is kinda interesting. At least it's not that Other M powersuit and has more harsh edges to it.

I always have to buy my video games now, because if I pirate it, It goes into the pile and there is a chance I'll never end up playing it now. Buying it forces an intensive. Not that it matters much from a budget stand point since I play so few games now. I get that "I can play it later" feeling for them for some reason while purchased it get that "well, might as well open it now.".

Sm4sh ZSS best

That kind of sounds like what they did in Prime 2 with the Light/Dark world mechanic.

I started it, but set it aside for Project M, Gradius III and F-Zero GX. It is really good, absolutely.

YES

right, he mentioned that he wanted to go back to that mechanic and felt prime 3 was "too spread out", and I would agree with him.

I said it before but Prime 2 was actually my favorite of the three. I liked 1 but felt that some places dragged on a bit much, such as the phazon mines, which just seems to go on for fucking ever. Prime 2's suit seemed more accurate, along with the ship, and the setting of swapping between light and dark, while it seemed like padding to most folks (and it kinda was) still brought a new element to the table and a greater awareness of where you were.

Not really, in general fans have utter shit taste and no sense for good design. Metroid is just a bizarre inverse case where the fan knew exactly what made Metroid great while it is Nintendo who has shit taste and no sense for good design.

Source on pic?

I am so fucking upset with you right now.

So much wrong.

As someone who spends lots of time on Metroid forums I'm going to have to disagree. A lot of people are total shitters who's ideas for Metroid games are basically fanfiction ideas about Sylux and post-Fusion madness where the game is open world and Samus has arm blades and other shit. The really hardcore fans that aren't children tend to have a better idea of what makes a good game, but even then there's shitters like Infinity's End (head of the MDb) who has shit taste in everything and is an avid ZSS fapper.

I mentioned this in the last thread but nobody seemed interested in talking about it.

"Fanfiction-tier" is a meaningless complaint when applied to literally anything other than Sonichu. Fuck's sake, even Chris-chan wouldn't be doing this amiibo shit.

I follow one of the admins of MDB on twitter and he seems like a pretty cool guy. Talks about Metroid a lot and spams metric fucktons of Samus lewds.

Pic slightly related

Nothing wrong with zero suit

Well we got a lot of faggots here. I think it'd be a very interesting mechanic to go with.

>go back to past
>vines on fire
> put them out
>go back into future
> vines go up the wall and you can climb them now because no crystal
>get more good shit

Would it be possible to design a boss fight around going between time periods?

POST MORE SMASH 4 ZERO SUIT SAMUS NOW!!!!!!!!!

Your (You) is my command!

That's probably IE, the guy I was talking about. You've probably never heard him speak/interacted with him in the forums or irl but he can be pretty insufferable, and gets pissy whenever anyone dares criticize the site.

I think it would depend on how the mechanic works. If you need to go to a portal a la Prime 2's dark world then I don't think so, but if they're more common/in the same room as the boss it could work. It would also depend on how quickly they could load the different versions of rooms. There could definitely be some cool ideas, like having a weapon that does damage over time, and hitting the boss with it in the past opens up a weak point in the present.

Sure. You could have a boss that can follow you between areas so you can take them down a little at a time instead of having to have the game load the past, the present and the future versions of areas every few seconds. It would be a lot like the SA-X from Fusion, except that you're actually expected to kill it when you first meet it. Another example would be The End from MGS3 with additional temporal mechanics YOU'VE CREATED A TIME PARADOX. Maybe Samus could gain a special Time Visor that allows her to receive information from eras that she isn't currently in and lay a hologram of it over her vision. You could be fighting a boss while using the Time Visor to see a hologram of its past self, and fire your weapons through a time portal at it to open its weak spot in the present.

what's a space girl gotta do to get dicked attention around here? I could do more in a few hours. I've not fapped in a week so that keeps me interested and focused.

Oh you're doing these? Make more of her drinking on the pool thing

I've been out of the loop for a while, what's going on with amiibos for Samus Returns? Is something being locked behind them again?

Nah, I am pretty sure it's someone else. Does Sagi ring a bell?

hot off the presses

Which shirt looks better?

This one
first one

P3 had some interesting ideas and nice world design (and lore behind it, some of which didn't get into the game), but I would like to see Prime 4 try to contain itself to a single planet (with time warp features) and possibly a moon of that planet with a different environment quirks and low gravity. I just hope we get a Prime 4 that takes all the positives (and lessons from the negatives) from each Prime game before it.

Example
P1: difficulty, nice design variation between world regions.
P2: puzzles, dark world atmosphere was actually intimidating, good boss design (motherfucking Quadraxis!)
P1/P2: Missile combo weapons.
P3: Samus ship function as a mobile save/transport hub, Spring ball with motion controls. Screw Attack worked better than P2. Some scripted story elements (seeing Rundas spying on you on Byyro or seeing the Phazon Metroid's through the floor after being released from containment) The "achievement" system and using tokens to unlock stuff like music/concept art. Mii bobblehead and bumper stickers were funny unlocks.
All: Art, lore, worldbuilding and music. Space Pirate science team data logs (or is that that P1/P2?)
P1/P2: length between save points (some areas not all)
P2: need more colour pallet variation in each region (eg light version of the Aether temple grounds and desert region too similar in pallet), P2 needs a faster way to backtrack,
P3: too linear, ran out of space for some lore due to space requirements, hypermode/corruption mechanic wasn't good enough. Friend vouchers shared via online friends were a stupid (and now non-usable) WiiConnect 24 feature.
All: Come up with a new visor that isn't just "X-Ray visor 2.0." End of game 12 token "key hunt" P3 kinda fixed it from P2's flawed version.

Do a terminator and you go back in time and kill the boss's parents, to prevent the boss of the present from ever being born.

P4 also has a weird opening now. P1 and 2 used tank controls and P3 used wiimote based fps controls; What would you say to P4 using a twin stick control layout like a traditional shooter? I'd kind of want to see them try to implement more from the 2d games if they go for traditional controls. I'd love to see them take a crack at the speed booster and shine spark.

First I'll like to say that list isn't really complete and I was trying to be quick about it. Another positive point I would add for P3 is Samus's face reflection with the scan visor and eye movement with the cursor was a cool detail (and minor story device).

I'll admit I haven't really thought about movement/controls. I like selecting different beams from P1/2 and I understand the "stacked" beam from P3 was because of button limitations. I wouldn't mind twin sticks as long as we get beam (and visor) selection, I think there would be enough buttons (and gyro) to make it work. Another movement option I want to see is better dodging by transforming in a morph ball with more speed to it, instead of just that "strafing jump dash."

One controller gimmick I think that will appear in P4 would probably "hand scanning" door panels with the right Joy-Con's infrared camera. As in scan you right hand with open palm facing towards it. While it sounds stupid it would probably function similar to P3 and motion controlled door locks (those ones where you grab, rotate clockwise, pull out, rotate anti clockwise and push back in).

How is the quality of those things? The reason I want the other one and not your is because I don't like having "human" figures on my shirts. It also reminds me of the official Nintendo shirt I wasn't able to get, for better or for worse.

i thought about making my own redbubbles

It's a graphic tee shirt. About the same quality as your average concert shirt.
I would have preferred the two you posted but they weren't on discount when I got it. I never wear any vidya related shirts in public anyway.

They are currently just 12 bucks

So there is tat dualpack of Samus and the baby metroid and said baby metroid amiibo unlocks "fusion mode" for the game, which puts samus in her Fusion suit and makes the game go int a "hard" mode.

The samus unlocks a gallery of some sort.

Oddly, this conflicts with an earlier statement where it was say the baby amiibo would summon the baby during current gameplay and let you have it help with common foes

I would say that this should be a tough yet possible way to deal with bosses.

>until you go trough an area without an upgrade the boss gives to get a different upgrade
>it's in a cocoon and harmless and you can eliminate it with no issue
>if you pay more attention, you can eliminate other creatures in the area instead of the boss
>go back to present/future
>boss is harmless and actually can get you to a special secret pathway

I mean, that probably won't happen but I could see this sort of stuff for speedrunning as an option.

I'm now realizing that after the good controls we got with Prime 3, we'll have to go back to old analog controls for Prime 4. Motion controls were mostly a gimmick, but for those rare few games that they improved (like Prime 4), their death really is a step backwards.

Why not both?

Because the Switch can't do wii remote and nunchuck?

When did they said that statement?

Doesn't the Joy Cons have motion controls as well?

AFAIK, it's a simpler gyro controls than the old wiimote. There's no IR for positioning or other stuff. Maybe they can have twin stick controls with fickle movement on the right hand to change weapons.
But I wouldn't mind going back to tank controls as long as they improve the backtracking and exploration of the first two games.

I'll admit when I said "do a terminator" I was joking. I just imagined Samus fighting a impossible difficult boss, then going back in time and winds up facing TWO of same impossible difficult boss's (father and mother) in the same arena. Or either Samus goes back in time and finds those two fucking each other and Samus has to perform coitus interuptus on them.

But I'll admit your defeating a past boss while in a cocoon state is a pretty cool idea and also reminds me of Cyakka from MP2.

I think the Joy Con's gyro can perform Wii Remote Motion Plus style gyro cursor controls. You can get a cursor on screen with Switch versions of World of Goo using it, the issue is gyroscopic drift. Vid related.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUS

Is 37 years old enough to be christmas cake?

31 shit fucking numbers

It was the first bit of (((news))) that this place was bombarded with. Someone would have to dig up previous metroid threads here, but I remember it being mentioned.

it was probably some tweet or some fag trying to attention whore.

Yeah, that was something that was crossing my mind while thinking of how many times Samus JUST entered a boss area and the boss is JUST ready to fight, the Cyakka and the imago in Zero mission being examples actually in the games.

On another note, I found something out.

well holy shit

Oh boy! It feels like your 30th birthday all over again!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

I don't know if I should fap to celebrate or not fap to honor Samus's birthday.

First one, then the other.

These renders are terrible, they somehow manage to make Zero suit samus not hot at all, which until now I thought was an impossible task

jajajajaja aww, I always feel bad on her birthday

I really like metroid, I have no idea why.

It's okay in my book

Fap EXTRA hard

Don't.

yes to both.

I want to fuck samus in her tight bird cunt.

very hard.

Intensively.

Lovingly impregnate.

bitches can't do anyhting right

The mole is a pinfeather she keeps plucking and instead of hair anywhere else, she has fluffy down.

pic #4 is not samus

Here, have some more Samus pics.

you just had to

why did the series not just die here?

dunno, but I'd be pleased as fuck if they revisited the growth of Metroid based powers in Samus.

They are sitting on a potential golden egg here;

I mean, nintendo has shot themselves in the foot repeatedly so this is just a pipe dream.

perfection

Could you imagine if samus was never revealed to be a girl? There would be so much less waifufagging in these threads, only maybe a few clang fags would hang around. How amazing would that be.

samus was literally stated to be a woman in the manual of the first fucking game, it talked about how she stood out among bounty hunters for being a woman, the whole "oh wow samus is a girl!!" thing is a fucking meme

Yeah, but could you imagine if she wasn't literally stated to be a woman in the manual of the first fucking game, or talked about how she stood out among bounty hunters for being a woman? There would be so much less waifufagging in these threads, only maybe a few clang fags would hang around. How amazing would that be.

are you a fucking chatbot?

:(){ :|: & };:

I was just pointing out how overly-pedantic you are.

But in the end of fusion she absorbs SA-X which had her original DNA. She doesn't have metroid mutations anymore.

Nice dubs, but could you imagine if she wasn't literally stated to be a woman in the manual of the first fucking game, or talked about how she stood out among bounty hunters for being a woman? There would be so much less waifufagging in these threads, only maybe a few clang fags would hang around. How amazing would that be.

Literally anything can be a forced copypasta. Watch this.

holy FUCK

Still playing AM2R over here. Anyway, I got a question about the game that I can't seem to find online. Do metroids regain health when you leave a room? I just reached the first fight with the Zeta Metroid, but I keep running out of missiles and I always have to leave the room because of this. Is it safe to just leave the room an get more, or do I have to stay in the room to beat it?

they get full health when you leave

So quick question, used to enjoy watching speed runs of metroid prime / prime 2. There was a runner named MilesSMB that played it pretty good and rarely ever talked, which is great in an era of egoist commentating losers. I checked his youtube channel changed to "Claris Robyn", I'm just curious, did he become transgender or something? He's still a normal guy, right guys?

Literally anything can be a forced copypasta. Watch this.

What is your missile capacity right now?

It is the first thing that pops up when you search for either of those names, it is over.

Incorrect. She got her "regular code" back when she absorbed the varia code and gained an armor boost with the ice beam when she absorbed the core X, but her system is FAR from normal.

Remember, it was established that her suit is coded to her DNA; any changes to her DNA drastically change her suit, since it's generated from inside her cells.

She was given the suit due to Gray Voice basically giving her a genetic transfusion, and he had a power suit. This genetic coding is how the X mimicked Samus' suit in the first place and why they keep mentioning it NEEDS to be organic in some aspect for the X to take it over.

When samus had the suit cut off in surgery, only the helmet was left in place (likely due to the connection at her brain stem), then the Metroid DNA was injected. Due to the lockdown nature of her suit, as the X was purged, her body naturally reformed the armor, though it took on the blue hues of the metroid coding.

When samus nabs the SA-X, it turns her orange, amps up her armor, and she has the ice beam back. If she "went back to normal", she'd have the familiar orange or purple power suit. She even has the new suit during the closing scene and endings, so no, she still has the DNA, regardless of what that one fuckface says.

In a slightly small (and forgotten) anniversary sense, it's been 10 years since the"Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Preview" Wii Channel was available to download. For those that don't remember it was a dedicated Wii Channel that had new trailers for promoting MP3. Some of them used cinematics/minor story details that aren't show in the final game (like vid related).
Outside of fan uploads, none of those trailers were officially uploaded by Nintendo and are probably stuck in some Retro Studios/Nintendo hard drive somewhere.

So anyone remember using it? Thoughts? The marketing for MP3 at the time was pretty minimal outside of this.

When samus had the suit cut off in surgery, only the helmet was left in place (likely due to the connection at her brain stem), then the Metroid DNA was injected. Due to the lockdown nature of her suit, as the X was purged, her body naturally reformed the armor, though it took on the blue hues of the metroid coding.
This isn't stated anywhere in the game. All it says is that they cut off as mucj as they could, but they never specify what is and isn't left. I always assumed that the yellow parts are the original suit and that most of the outer plating was removed. Fusion came out before the suit was summoned from a pocket dimension, so that speculation isn't really justified.

That's not how the suit works. In Zero Mission, 2, and Prime 2/3 the shape changes depending on hardware, not on her DNA. That one fuckface is also the guy who wrote the rest of Fusion's story, and is likely to be the one to be writing the sequel should it ever come out, so it's best to come to terms with it.

I figured he was slightly messed up, the gay trannie California vidya speedrun community probably messed with him I bet. Its a shame if it turns out true.

We can always give conflicting story the Other M treatment.

Inspired me to give it a shot:

Yes

Cool idea, but won't that create a time paradox?

Because they sacrificed AM2R

I think by defeating the past version, you'd lose the upgrade you got from the future version, (as it could no longer have existed at the time you fought it) but on the other hand, you could gain a new one from the past version you just defeated.
Perhaps stronger version of the upgrade, since it hasn't been worn out by time?
I suppose in that case it could be optional fight too, where you can go back to past if you want, instead of having the boss follow you.

We also should remember that it's chozo magitec and adaptive and so upgrades to it are generally easy to bullshit away by saying "don't gotta explain shit", much like Ridley showing up in a sequel, it was mostly just "there he is again" and you didn't need a story reason for him to be there.

VARIA SUIT SAMUS BEST SAMUS

Ah, gotcha.

Fusion Suit > Varia Suit > Zero Suit

found the newfag

I think you're a little confused bud..

you're thinking of Super Metroid

Took me a sec but gave me a chuckle

Ha. That doesn't work on me, meatbag. Everyone knows that my inputs go directly to stdin.

dude we don't even have a concept art yet, fuck off

if you think everything is shit now just go to vr and stay there ffs

So when is samus going to get pregnant? Does she even like dudes? Is any normal male sperm strong enough to penetrate her tubes?

How about no?

I WANT TUBES

MORE SAMUS ARAN

Why is Samus Aran perfection in everyway, Holla Forums?

>8' dick. :^)
Shall I go on?

Yet whenever one points this out, nintendo shills are summoned out of the ether like the furies to derail the thread. You cannot criticize nintendo as a business, developer, or character design house at all on this board–even the Arms thread that pointed out the balance issues blind men could see was beset by them.

Also, could anyone kindly give me the rundown on why sakamoto is triggered so hard by this image? I know it wasn't just because nintendo forcing him to wear it during e3.

(Checked)
Then your going to be facing that issue where they don't make a new game because no one brought the latest release. How do you support a series, so (new) games can be made without buying it?
Starting to think the Mario series feels like it's immune to Nintendo's "new ideas for every sequel" mindset.

Feels more like they want a one off melee weapon to appear just so Samus could have it in Smash. Personally think the grapple beam as a whip would be a better fit and an upgrade to a preexisting item she has.

Criticize away, no one is stopping you. Nintendo is NOT a perfect company and do a lot of strange fucking decisions. While also designing things with their annoying "we do things our way/go down our own path" mentality instead of just copying what other companies do (Eg: friend codes, online multiplayer, voice chat).

You can just fine, the only problem comes when your criticisms leveled at Nintendo are hurr amiibo is physical dlc fukkin treehouse meme bullet-points from people that don't actually understand those issues but want to fit in by hyperventilating about it. That or you're treating console warrers as a legitimate sign that certain subjects are fiercely protected. I mean, hell, if I brought up that ARMS is severely unbalanced and got NINTENDO IS GOOD NINTENDO IS GREAT NINTENDO PUTS VIDYA ON MY PLATE like you mentioned I'd wonder what the fuck that had to do with ARMS and its balance problems.

Amiibos are a legitimate point against them though. Especially with Samus Returns where they've locked a higher difficulty behind the fuckers.

The problems with amiibo and Samus Returns is trusting them implicitly when it's something you want to hear, in this case that there's amiibo-locked features. It's been brought up by other people before that Nintendo's flat-out lied about things being amiibo-locked before, in which case we don't actually know for certain until the game is released. I'd say get pissed if it turns out to be true (and believe you me the only people that won't be upset are bizarre Youtube comment-chains which is where most of the grossly pro-Nintendo stuff seems to come from anyways), but otherwise just wait and see.

Beyond Samus Returns the most extensive things I can think of are Twilight Princess HD's Cave of Shadows and a weapon type in Hyrule Warriors being locked behind amiibo, and everything else is inconsequential "here's a freebie" daily-type shit and costumes.

To explain that is simple and complicated.

See, Sakamoto has good ideas, but just like Sakurai and George Lucas, they need someone in power over them to slap their shit when they do something stupid.

The chief slapper of Sakamoto was Gumpei Yokoi. When Yokoi was assassinated by the Yakuza died in a freak accident while trying to quit Nintendo, Sakamoto didn't have quite the leash on anymore. Now, he tried to take the series forward with Fusion and got slapped several times, and the result is a game that doesn't follow the non-linear gameplay we're familiar with and has a lot more story.

MEANWHILE

The "evil american piggu" Retro studios made Metroid Prime and it sole more numbers than the prior games in the series. Sold SO good that two sequels were made. Sakamoto, during this time, worked with someone and made the Manga, detailing Samus' backstory a bit more, and worked on Zero Mission.

THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN HE GOT THE FULL HELM OF OTHER M

I remember somewhere there was an essay on Other M about its story. It deemed Adam devoid of care and Samus practically being in an abusive relationship with him. The prime example being when Adam shoots her in the back for literally zero reason within context.

(Sekai Ichi!)
Gotchu covered, fam.

Christ almighty that was a depressing read. With documented incidents like this, its a wonder how nintendo is even capable of getting third parties to work with them without substantial bribes. The AM2R debacle is going to make things interesting, because if Returns bombs then fan pressure is going to be catastrophic–it may just be so bad that nintendo revives NLG's pitch as a switch title for 2019 that cobbles together post-Fusion design documents.

Amiibos received flak from day one after; you'd think a company would want to be perfectly concise about which toy does what to repair that bad PR.

Preferring the English voices would be fine…if the English voice actors had any clue how to pronounce Japanese names.

I cut my teeth on early funimation dubs like pic related, so fucking up names isn't a big deal for me. As log as the localization doesn't fuck up characters and story or cram an ass load of plebbit memes into the script it's fine.

The problem is that too many posters on Holla Forums think that treehouse's "lol don't care shitlord" attitude is standard for the industry, when in fact the bulk of localizations are kept under tight supervision to make sure the original intent is conveyed properly in the new language.

I want to impregnat Samus!!

There is no reason for Samus to not be the thiccest girl. Fuck chun buns.

The problem is that you're wrong since you're using a unfinished dub from two decades ago as an example of the quality of alt-left localizations today.

Addendum:
>Holla Forums you godless faggot. Better yet, on the bus to filter town you go.

Time to get the fuck out of the board made for talking about video games and back to your shitty boards about politics.

WHY ON GOD'S EARTH IS THIS SAKAMOTO GUY'S PROBLEM??
HAS THAT GOOK EVEN SEE AN ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP BEFORE??????????

Thats what a healthy relationship is like in japan.

Fingers crossed for Return of Samus. I hope he isnt injecting his beliefs into it.

its just gonna be AM2R but worse.

go play AM2R, you arsehole.

IS THAT FOR REALS?????????????????

I have, 2 times. Even 100%'d it. I could blaze through it in a sitting if I had the balls to speed run it.

What was the lamest par of the game for you, or the least polished?

Promiscuity and cheating are the social norms there, so you tell me.

But Zero Mission is good and took the Fusion's criticisms of "linearity" among other stuff and did a great remake of an old game. What happened there? Why it doesn't look like Samus Returns will be at least just as good as the other 2D Metroids? I already don't really like the new "aeion" stuff and how it'll tamper exploration, the colors look "off" and the counter system instead of giving an option if feels hella abusable.

this game is really nice

Tell me more about it. I didn't have internet in my house until some time after MP3 released and the channel was discontinued.

Thank you

Well thats a bit of an odd topic. See technically the game is simultaneously amazing and awful at the same time. Its amazing tier when your playing through the new or updated areas, discovering secrets, and noticing the games very generous attention to detail. On the other hand though, the game is flawed only because its inherenting the design flaws of the original game. The repetition of the metroid fights is obvious, and this comes to a head when Alpha and Omega metroids are around. Hell, if you want a straight answer for the worst part; its any part of the game featuring those enemies. For someone experienced like me, their like getting a needle. You gotta do it, its going to suck, but it'll be over quickly hopefully.

Nice to see someone interested in it. Basically in the lead up to MP3 August 2007 release, there wasn't much promotion going on (even leading sites like IGN to write an article where the hell was it) a day later the MP3 Preview channel suddenly appeared.

Every few days the channel would release two new trailers. One would be gameplay focused trailers (eg: Spider Ball gameplay, battling space pirates gameplay, Byyro Temple Assault, etc) while the other trailer would be one of these original cinematic trailers building up the backstory of MP3. The latter footage does not appear in game and was only saved to YouTube. If that hadn't have happened this media would have been lost.

Here's the rest of those cinematic trailers.
Metroid Prime 3 Preview Trailer (this is more just a game trailer with an original opening)
youtube.com/watch?v=EzMqJnsgMgg

Aurora Unit That music near the end
youtube.com/watch?v=plADYc4tnTE

Dark Samus
youtube.com/watch?v=2ke3iyT-zRA

Fate of the Valhalla (embedded above) Dead soldiers are named after Retro Studios employees
youtube.com/watch?v=_i-y76E7FFQ

Phazon Enhancement Device (in the previous post)
youtube.com/watch?v=HYZLT_LIQoQ

Played M: SR at a NOE event (inb4 my dad works at nintendo)

I see it as a 6/10 game, but I'm not the biggest Metroid fan either.

Oh, forgot to mention: No cut-scenes other than 6-ish intro screens with text on them, no BABY, no Zero Suit, nothing past "walk into room" or "closeup of miniboss".

yes   

That's what I meant with
How can you describe "good challenge"? And how repetitive do you feel the Metroid fights are?

Have you guys tried the Super Metroid randomizer?

It's a fun way to replay SM

Sakamoto was being slapped by the same guy who helped co-write the manga during Zero Mission's creation, which resulted in a game that rewarded sequence breaking, whereas Fusion, in it's attempt to step the series forward, had a lot more story and actively prevented sequence breaking.

Also, Samus generally gave this Reaction to Adam and Adam liked that she would do that, knew that she would do the wetworks that the GF were too proud to wrap up in red tape instead of dealing with, and was one who actively messed with the GF so that what Samus did wasn't recorded, or if it was, she got off scott free because fuck you, it needed to be done.

The prime games have a creep factor, but the fucking comfy and alive sequences as you read the data logs just paints this incredible picture.

See, that shit just paints the picture that everyone is just everyday people dealing with everyday dumbasses.

This thread needs more Samus.

Why is it so hard to find good porn of Samus getting ripped out of her suit and fucked senselessly into a satisfied, corrupted heap?

After playing Sonic Mania, I can attest that these fans put together something better than anything SEGA themselves put out Sonic-wise for over a decade.

I want to know why it's so hard finding porn of her still in the suit. The big metal one.

feels bad man

Feels bad fam

Why did they never make a game set after Fusion
Is it because some retard thought "No Samus, you are the Metroid" was some sort of poetic ending for the series that needed no further exploration, or was it because the Fusion suit looked retarded and they didn't want to contrive a reason to get rid of it?

Wow, nice to see this thread is still alive after my holidays.

Very thinly veiled bump

It's because the fans made a better plot in a week of it's release than nintendo could be bothered to make.

These Metroid threads are always so fucking horrible. Peak Holla Forums. I'd honestly rather read Gaf at this point.
You are all scum

If you legitimately think samus returns will be better than am2r after what we've seen so far you might be legitimately retarded
Especially with Sega handling a similar situation way better and coming out looking better for it, this whole thing just seems really embarrassing for nintendo and if prime 4 wasn't announced right before people would rightly be tearing them to pieces over it

The takedown was definitely retarded. I still think AM2R is overpraised and while it may be better than returns perhaps even likely the hyperbole of how shit it will be (not to mention others saying how Prime 4 will absolutely be trash despite knowing absolutely nothing about it) is out of control.

There are good reasons why AM2R is loved. A labor of love, pointinb out Nintendo's shitty history of overprotection of fans using their IP for projects. And of course all the Amiibo criticisms are 100% correct. Everything else ITT is awful.

I really don't think much of people hating on returns is hyperbole
It's got loads of cutscenes and new basic mechanics based entirely on spectacle, including literally fucking cinematic takedowns
That and an unknown amount of work on the game is being outsourced to some third party spanish company
It is at the very least clearly a side project to prime 4

You know what? You're right.

Mercury Steam is…ehhh, ok? Kind of meh I guess, going by the LoS games. I've always been frustrated that the Metroidvania style Castlevania games had so many good entries while the more traditional ones just stalled out. The PS2 ones were decent but both before and after those there is not much good to say.

Sorry user for sperging out a bit. It's hard for me to balance between being so desperate and excited to have anything other than FF or Other M and being way too pessimistic. I know being skeptical is usually the better way to go. The negativity was getting to me.

So tell us your ideas, then.

I'm sure mine would be even worse.

Samus bump

Is it possible that Konami may have affected the quality of the Mercury Steam Castlevania games? Maybe Nintendo is keeping a good watch on them?

Ideas I'm had (for MP4)

Also had an idea for TUBES inspired Space Pirate game which I'm mentioned before many months ago but I'm not too sure anyone saw.

It would be cool in a 2D one (in fact it was originally in Fusion) but it would be a nightmare in a 1st person game, especially one with the detailed environments of Prime.

New "overview" trailer dropped. Revealed that the game has a hard mode (which will probably be Normal mode) and Fusion mode is a level above it.

What it means or how it's defined other than wearing the fusion suit? No clue.

They did it in that Alien vs Predator game, aliens could crawl around on any surface and it was awesome.

Is Samus Aran the perfect white girl or what? You simply cant name a better looking girl. Period. She has the best personality, the strongest girl, and the most beautiful looking girl ever. You just cant top that.

18 has her beat.

They've fucking locked everything that's traditionally been unlocks behind amiibo. Nintendo is getting extremely shameless.

I guess it's a consolation that I won't have to pay anything to play this, but I'm not sure I even want to waste time on it.

Fuck

I don't get why they keep bringing up the AM2R boogieman. Seems like a fake conflict to boost up Samus Returns

It is at this point. No one is making a conflict out of it, but a few bitchers show up and go "Now watch everyone whine about am2r!" when no one was.

I guess it's true that his take on M2 was also way too colorful and had unnecessary fast travel.

I like the narrator.

The game was practically linear and the fast travel was built into the game world

I found it faltering more making boss encounters and later-stage Metroids a slog to defeat. Metroid bosses aren't the kind you wait for an opening in the pattern to get a shot or two in. These make the fights take forever.

For anyone that doesn't know, Dolphin was updated recently with Ubershader support and now all the Prime games run smoother than they did previously. The Ubershaders also help prevent the black bar issue that the games had.

Doesn't have to be full speed running necessarily, I was thinking faster than TLoZ:Twilight Princess Iron Boots speed when walking on walls/ceilings.
There was also the idea of having the grapple beam function similarly to that game's Clawshot and being able to raise and lower yourself from a grapple point above you.

In terms of the amiibo content, the art galleries will probably get extracted and dumped online, and possibly the audio from the sound test. Amiibo content affecting gameplay (Fusion mode) is annoying, though I did want the Samus and Metroid amiibo because they look cool.

Sweet, thanks for the heads up.

#SamusIsBack

Everyone's shitting on samus returns, stop being a nigger

Only on the amiibo part though, and not on what the actual game may possibly be. The amiibo bullshit is a whole other crapcan.

Sage negated just to trigger you. Also, anyone have Crocomire fan art? The big red fuck doesn't get enough love.

Aye, the Rebellion AvP game let you go fucking anywhere as the Alien and climb anything. It just had a little marker in the middle of the screen to let you know which way was the ground, all from first person. I loved it.

I got this one. Crocomire as the wife of the dragon dude and upset that he's just drooled all over the freshly mopped floor.

Art galleries and sound test end up online within a week of the game launching.