Classicvania

The original castlevanias had some of the very best level design of all time, absolutely perfect for building tension and letting you know damn well you were balls deep in enemy territory. The spirte work perfectly represented the Hammer films horror aesthetic, with the bold colors harkening back to the very first splatter of crimson in 1958's Dracula.

Which titles are your favorites? I prefer the multiple routes of III, but Super has the best soundtrack of any 16-bit game and Simon's whip turns him into a juggernaut of holy wrath. Bloodlines taking place outside of the castle and using real world history as its backdrop was a fun experiment that I wish the series would have played with a bit more–I was immensely disappointed that PoR used ww2 as its setting and didn't litter the ground with dead nazi and ally soldiers,

8 bit ones? No they didn't?
They were generic platformers that stood out solely on their production values and god-tier music.
Only good classicvanias are Bloodlines and Rondo of Blood.

i enjoyed that the early games made good use of the y axis. it might not have been the highest of level design quality but it didn't feel generic when compared to other platformers at the time.

Whatever the fuck "use of y axis" means? Megaman and Contra both did verticality better.
And fucking butt-e-toads did a lot of gimmicky shit with it both good and bad.

contra did a good job of it, megaman really didn't use it that much (until x) unless you mean moving around while falling.
battletoads was a much different game.
why are you so hostile user?

Where do you think you are fuccboi

Lets discuss Shanoa's back

Her back could use some bat wings. But no one ever does art of her in "Werebat" *coughSuccubuscough* form.

Shit level design.
Pointless story.
Bad graphics outside of bosses and PC.
Mediocre game all around.

I really liked 1's level design. Everything was based around the idea that if you rushed ahead you would get completely owned, but if you tread cautiously nothing would fuck you up.

i want to rub my dick between her shoulder blades

I genuinely thought pic 4 was Ryoko cosplaying for a second there.

1 really lends itself to the horror movie theme by using the difficulty curve to build tension and dread.

Yeah, that was really weird. It's like "the greatest and bloodiest war in human history is being waged, but whatever, that's none of our concern".

Name me two or three NES platformers that are similar to Castlevania on more than a superficial level if the games are so generic, then.

ghosts and goblins

He said "more than a superficial level"

Whatever happened to Bloodstained or whatever the fuck? I mean I know the guy who created the Castlevania series is a total narcissistic asshole who literally designed Dracula after himself, and it'll probably be a fucking nightmarish mess, but is that shit dead and cancelled or what?

Bloodlines is my favorite. I love playing as Eric Lecarde and his pole jump, I love the music, the graphics and the levels. And the game arguably has the best final boss theme remix

That's like say Critters and Scream are similar because they're both horror movies you idiot. GnG and Castlevania play nothing alike.

An even more retarded term than "Metroidvania". Just call them Castlevania since the first CV game was a linear action platformer and that's what the name refers to.

Being developed like all games have to be? It's still getting updates. I've got no stake in the game, but, c'mon, games take time. Judge it when it's done.

I used that because the hotpockets are complete rulecucks who kevetch if there is more than one thread on any subject except for sawnik of course. There was already a thread about one user talking about hsi experience in AoS, so I played it say to not trigger the greasy tism of mark's goons.

Inti Creates is said to no longer have a hand in the development. Is this a sign of worry, or a positive spin?

I would say it's usually a bad sign for a game to switch hands this late. But according to the reports, Inti hasn't been involved with the main game since E3 of 2016. That info and Inti Create's track record doesn't make this clear whether it's bad or good. I think there's no reason to celebrate nor worry.

What are your thoughts on the Castlevania Netflix series?

Trash, forever and always.

Ghost n Goblins is a run and gun game. Ninja Gaiden is closer to a CV type game than GnG is.

Sound mixing was awful, everyone is whispering all the time. Didn't really like the dialogue, seemed too edgy for the series.

The action sequences needed way more frames of animation. It was basically like a slideshow at certain parts.

I still don't know why I dislike 8 eyes

The X68000 Castlevania was fun and is my favorite.

How is Castlevania The new generation?

These plus bad enemy design. Certainly not the variety one expects from Castlevannia. Just generic demon army and a cyclops.

I like both Castlevania styles

*Bloodlines

It's fantastic, play it.

That's another thing that PoR failed to deliver on–the game bears no resemblance to Bloodlines despite being a direct sequel. No Countess Bathory, no Queen of Moths, not one returning boss at aside from gts medusa, and wind being Eric Lecarde is such a non-revelation it feels like it was tacked on in the last three weeks of development. They didn't even try to replicate Bloodlines' art style by using highly saturated colors.

Chi no Rondo, Bloodlines and Super Castlevania IV.

Super Castlevania IV is probably the most technically impressive SNES game ever, old Konami was truly something special.

It could be the Citizen Kane of vidya adaptations and people will still shit all over it because "MUH (((SOROSFLIX)))" and "MUH CHINESE CARTOON STYLE".

Personally i enjoyed season one and i think it has good potential but they really need to fucking fix those 50's Superman animation moments, stop trying to make dialog sound "mature" with hamfisted vulgarity and USE THE GODDAMN GAME SOUNDTRACK.

Hated the dialogue as well. It was fucking retarded.

Kind of liked it. Good ambientation and decent animation at times.
Characters seem to be shit but only 4 episodes have aired so we'll see.
Its poorer point is that it's basically Castlevania for normalfags with the godawful dialogue.

8 Eyes was fuckin' brutal. I don't think I ever even beat 1 stage. Castlevania has a much more gradual difficulty curve.

The baroque musical score alone makes Super noteworthy, let alone the graphical touches and the physics of the whip. Its a genuine shame konami effectively became the 16-bit sunsoft–a development house that pushed the hardware to the absolute limits but failed to adapt properly to the next generation of hardware.
Were the developers of Rondo And Super killed by yakuza or something?