Capcom Schlonged

RE7 sold worse than RE6 in six months.
archive.fo/lDH0e

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/V1hV8
re4hd.com/
relyonhorror.com/latest-news/capcom-looking-to-attract-call-of-duty-fans-to-resident-evil-series/
please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People still had not been completly jaded and cinical about the quality of the next RE after RE5 turned out to be a turd, it's only natural there would be skepticism regarding the new entry
Not to mention that a fuck ton of people depise first person perspective almost as much as Holla Forums hates the jews
I am one such person, i can't stan first person and even if after everything i've read and seen about RE7 tells me this is the most RE game since the first one i still refuse to play it

I'm not RE fan, but I hate first person anything too.

Remember the "Not a Hero" DLC Campaign

It's bland shit of which you only get 6 hours for $50.
It might be "the most RE game since the first one", but it's still uninspired garbage.

Portal was one ecception i liked the puzzles and they were made to work in FP
and Metroid Prime too…
I don't know why i like this game
to this day i still don't understand how the fuck did nintendo manage to make a FP game that does not make me dizzy and confused regarding my current location and where jumping not only works but is one of the main gameplay features

How was it ? Does it shed some light on why the fuck would Chris (or "Chris") be working for Umbrella ? Is he playing 5D underwater polo ?

Don't think it was ever released

Are people finally done trying to pretend RE7 was a good game?

Oh okay, nevermind then.

But it is a good game. Nothing to pretend about that but no one should buy anything tainted by modern Crapcom

And nothing of value was lost.

I hope Metroid Prime 4 is a proper successor to Metroid Prime 3

I unironically had more fun with RE6 than I did with 7.Yeah, I'll admit 6 was shit, but I really enjoyed all of the semi-useless movement options they gave you. Like doing a slide, into a dodge roll, into cover, then rolling like you're trying to speedrun MGS4, while shooting.I mean, RE7 was objectively the better game, and was actually survival horror, but I liked RE6 more.

literally the only fun parts of RE6 and to an extent RE5 imo

releasing one decent game doesn't undo the brand damage done by years of successive bad games.

no one currently working at retro had anything to do with the prime series

Well, I pirated RE6, beat the Leon campaign, and never went back. It was trash. The story was trash, the characters were trash, all of the events were scripted, and dear god, the QTEs. It's not much different than RE4 and 5, so maybe I have hardcore burnout.

I pirated RE7 and played for about an hour and a half and realized that the events were so horribly scripted, that you had very little control over the outcome of the game at all. I know the reception of Resident Evil games after RE4 were lukewarm, and that Capcom wanted to try something different, but this was not the way to handle it. Capcom, like Konami, need to realize they fucked up in dropping most of the shit that made them huge in the first place, and see about hiring directors they fired in the past. This is the hill that Capcom dies on. Street Fighter will not carry them forever.

thought not
I never understood the hate for the prime series
its an extremely decent series of sci fi adventure/fps

It isn't even going to be maid by Retro, so safe to expect something Federation Force tier at best with it.
archive.is/V1hV8

Yeah no shit. 7 is an okay middle of the road game but 6 poisoned that brand well.

Silent Hill always was the better franchise btw

yeah nah

Does Resident Evil 6's inventory system suck in The Mercenaries or is there something about it I am fundamentally not getting as far as controls?

Nah, first person is always better than turd person.

Not in that VR version they shit out.

How did it fail? It's a complete mystery.

Let's all hope it isn't bogged down with hardware gimmicks like 3 was. 4 is going to be Switch-exclusive after all.

Exactly, RE7 is a scripted garbage instead of the Condemned spiritual successor that we need and deserve.

Won't a VR 3rd person game be janky as fuck?

"Old" RE fans are autistic, I'll take their opinion with a grain of salt.

tbh if you cant appreciate leveling a shotgun with a zombies head at the last second as it lunges at you when you've got no health and no defense items and you blow the fuckers head clean off
leaving that corridor safe to transport items back and forth instead of a corridor that will be in the future the home of a special running zombie that doesnt stagger when shot

After RE6 a lot of people gave up on a sequel being any good. Also the first trailer looked like the Texas chainsaw massacre and nothing like the series.
RE7 looked like it started as new IP and then they decided to dinosaur planet it and made it Resident Evil knowing it would sell better.

It would be one thing if you were comparing individual games, but there are so many fuckawful Silent Hill games now that that can't possibly be true. Only the first three games were good.

Oh no.

That still looks, works, and feels better in first person.

Easily one of the worst parts of old RE games, that's a stupid lazy mechanic. They should've let the player drop and pick up the items anywhere like how Alone in The Dark did it. I haven't even talked about how RE's mansions are huge palaces that are a slog to go through with loading screen in between every door. AiTD's level design is more memorable and less pointless than that.

They just need to rerelease outbreak 1 and 2. Multiplayer and coop stuff has never been more popular so it would be sure to sell.

They should make ORC2.

Other M and that DS shit i will not name were the only turds in the Metroid franchise
the Metroid brand isn't damaged only Nintendo is for their treatment of the series and their DMCA towards AM2R
Their own remake of Metroid 2 seems meh at worst and their busines practices are top notch kikery
for now all we can do is wait and see
maybe a miracle will happen and Metroid Prime 4 will turn out to be the glorious return of Samus we've all been waiting for
and it ain't like Nintendo hasn't pulled out any miracles since it's inception
If they pulled this many miracles maybe they can pull another one with Metroid Fusion4
have a little faith user the big N hasn't dissapointed us nearly as often as everyone else in this industry

My main problem with RE7 is that it's way too short, especially compared to previous RE titles, including 5 and 6. Took me about 6 hours to complete it in my first run, doing all optional stuff and exploring every nook and cranny.
I personally thought it was a solid title and it could have been the best game in the franchise since 4, had Capcom not decided to sell it when it was only 30% finished in terms of content. It's good but should never have been sold as a full price game.

I wonder what abomination the RE2 remake is going to turn out to be?

It's almost like pumping out nothing but pure shit since 4 would make people skeptical on buying the new one.

nigga old RE fans are the only one who bought this
Nobody with a passing interest was going to touch this after the trainwreck that was RE6.

Has there even been any footage or screens released? Some are saying it will be released next year January for the 20th anniversary.

Don't forgot all the good times we had at the playground.

We've seen as much development for that as we have seen for Metroid Prime 4

They should just make Resident Evil 4 again, with current-gen graphics and no changes at all in the gameplay. Maybe just make Leon turn a bit faster, that always bothered me.

DRAGON'S DOGMA 2.
NEVER EVER

It still ended up subpar due to scrapping crimson heads for leech zombies, and half of the monsters ending up as giant animals. Still worth a pirate on PC, especially if you've got an SSD.

Some guys are updating re4 for PC.
re4hd.com/

That's pretty cool, I didn't know about it.

Dubs confirm that this man speaks the truth.

You aren't wrong.

Please don't. Just install some nice graphics mods and shut up. I dont want Capcom milking Mikamis work anymore. The modding community for RE4 is dedicated and right up there with Morrowind.

Mimicry marcus was just another example to me about how horrid the enemy placement in 0 was. It had so many narrow hallways were dodging his whip attack was impossible, which sucks because with the previous titles you could go through the entire games without a scratch.

Yeah the people who think the original releases aka non-REmake Resident Evils are some how superior are autistic try hards who want "muh gamer cred" points. The REmakes improved over the originals in every way.

This user has the right idea. I would LOVE to see Outbreak come back, they were the first RE game I ever played. They got me into the series.

Maybe the ones blinded by nostalgia, but for the most part, people usually agree that the best three are RE2, REmake, and RE4. Usually swapping around in order based on preference.

christ, I wish I had playstation online when it first came out. How fun was it? The AI is too fucking retarded on singleplayer.

Give me one good RE4 mod. RE4HD doesn't count it's not even out.

Was this the origin of the "we want the call of duty audience" meme ? I'm pretty sure it was before that but I could be wrong.

Welcome to hell is a great example. Replaces almost all of the enemies with special or harder enemies for extra challenge. Lots of RE4 mods exist, you just have to dig around for them.

The exact quote was from Bioware with Dragon Age 2.

This user speaks the truth. RE4 was the perfect game, and yet RE5 and 6 consistently miss the point. RE5 took away the inventory and RE6 took away any need to conserve ammo, it's basically a 3rd person shooter. Also, both RE5 and 6 got the guns and combat wrong (though the melee moves in RE6 are a welcome addition), the guns feel like peashooters and the enemies move too fast.

Seems the new MonHun is the closest we'll get to that. Doubt I'll get it though.
Mind you, once the DDDA port for PS4 is announced in the West, Capcom will set their usual snare - "We're assessing interest for a sequel." Spoilers: they're not. Doesn't matter how many times they pull this one out though; the goyim will eat it up hook, line n' sinker.

Inafune is the primordial cancer cell. He poisoned the well with the idea of "pandering to the West" and Capcom are too fuckin' retarded to let go of it.

More like they've since replaced all their talent with people who think the same as him. Remember that subversives control the HR departments for a reason.

with video games the game AFTER the bad one always sells like shit no matter how good it is.

ex MGS 2 to MGS 3

Bioware should've just died after Mass Effect.

I'm not sure about it but thanks for sharing

Its not just chainsaws, thats chapter one. All the other enemies later on have also been replaced. Shit ton of regenerators on the island
Heres another example also. This one has a compilation of a shit ton of mods. The community may not have any huge gameplay altering things, but most of that is already hard coded in. I got plenty more examples if you'd want to see, the user in embed has verdugo, ganados, and even regenerators playable.

Thanks.

Devil May Cry 2 to 3 is another great example.

I'd like to shit on Crapcom, but how does the budget and manpower invested on RE7 compare to RE6? they did have to scale down on several fucking games and studios for the last 5 years since that game.

I wish someone could mod an equipment customize mod for the mercenary stages.

Interesting. I started playing 0 yesterday and I'm going to make my way up to 7. I've already played 5 to hell and back and 6. 6 I honestly didn't enjoy, I like more the slow paced tank controls for some reason, it feels like the characters have weight, and my god are the background on the Remakes beautiful. I started on Easy yesterday because I heard that the enemy on Hard are bullet sponges and there are shit micro-management, and I ain't got time for that. But so far I'm enjoying 0.

Why does nu-chris look like a spics ?

Just gonna post one last example before I pass out. Just to nail the autism coffin I stayed up all night

There are better examples, but I love Vtmb.
I know it doesnt compare to things like blasphemous revenants or tamriel rebuilt, but a lot of the mods are still dumb fun and they didn't exactly get a construction kit to work with.

Do you mean as in a model change for the guns? Or a different loadout? If you dig around im sure you'd find it.
sage for off topic.

You'll never play a Resident Evil game where you play as a tyrant.

So, Prototype but not shitty.

The ability to mix and match whatever weapons you want actually, though I know it's not likely someone could mod the game to that extent.

Like I said, someone told me the game is filled with, trigger incoming, {Artificial Difficulty}. I'm done with games having bad design choices that just wastes my time for no reason. Zombies are supposed to go down with 1 or 2 well placed shots, not more than that, or else they become bullet sponges.

You seem lost.

I can forgive someone playing on easy mode.On invisible enemy.

It doesnt change the damage output. It changes the amount of enemies throughout the game and the amount of ammo you get.

Theres dumb RE4 mods for that, but i'd imagine a full on game as a tyrant hunting someone down would be awesome.

That'd be a good idea, having a merchant right before the start with a set amount. But you're right, I don't think its possible.

Zombies in Resident Evil are supposed to be hard to take down especially with a Pistol.
And then you use your shotgun, or bigger guns on the bosses.
The only really bad thing about Zero from my memory was the "no item box" thing, which just made item management annoying.
It gets frustrating fast.

Overall, I felt like the game encouraged you to shoot more and gave you more ammo similar to RE3.

Oh my sweet summer child. Maybe the Dead Rising franchise is more your speed.

Sorry, I'm late to laugh at the retard.

Don't tell me, your first zombie game was CoD Zombies.

Admittedly that's like competing against a crippled man in a foot race–sony had no idea how to market their handhelds other than appealing to niggers and cucks who wished they were niggers, hence those retarded squirrel commercials everyone is still laughing at.

Guess I'm scrub then. I replayed the beginning on hard and the Zombies take 6-7 bullets of handgun. I reached the mansion with no ammo. I made it through somewhat and now I only have 5 bullets where the 2 roaches are to get the Grenade launcher. It's retarded playing like this.

Stop shooting everything like a retard. Not everything has to die. You probably shot the crows, too.

This you dummy
Its a survival horror game, not an action game.
I feel like this is bait now.

Is that fucking VV?

Ye. And Jeannette as ashley.

6 wasn't even that bad. Certainly no worse than 5. It actually had good boss fights and interesting that the monsters react uniquely to taking damage in specific parts of the body.

Nigga are you serious?
If you bother to pace yourself and pick your battles Billy should only be using the shotgun and Rebecca should be using Billy's handgun

it was fucking incredible. since there was no voice chat you had a set of prerecorded lines, so every single thing you saw and heard in the game was in character. meaning that it was exciting and immersive, and you didn't have to worry about some twelve year old squeaker's voice blaring in your ear while you're trying to survive zombies.

it was a game that lent itself really well to the resident evil feel, and the zombie feel overall. i clearly remember playing a round where a player got critically infected and we had no cure, so he dropped all his shit, waved goodbye, walked outside the room, and we nailed the door shut while our leader was turning a crank or some shit. hearing the guy outside's gunfire as he tried to buy us more time was genuinely cool jesus CHRIST i miss outbreak

It's really not, fags who've probobly never played the first one say that.
7 is absolute shit, at least with 5 and 6 you could scrape up a decent co op shooter out of the pile.

A fucking blast
My favorite memory was my first very hard run of the last scenario in Outbreak (Decisions Decisions)

7 was passable, worse than 0 and Code Veronica but better than 5&6. Especially for the reasons that you listed. 5 I had to force myself to beat it, and 6 I couldn't even bother beating more than the first chapter of each campaign.

You're in a very small minority and should not be considered statistically significant.

How long before Disney buys Capcom?

A shame we wont have another RE like Outbreak and Outbreak File #2. I'm actually surprised they havent done an HD remake of them, considering that even without online feature its still a pretty fun game.

Such a shame since Re7 was decent unlike 6

Holy fuck

Dunno about you but i do just fine in FP. I actually have a sense of directionm

Fuck off and kill yourself we have a billion ways to play it.
Fuck off with bloom, DOF, HDR memes, it looks fine
git gud

Nah, 6 is still the better game.
6 is highly flawed, but it absolutely crushes 7 which is an awful game.

Nah RE6 is still shit, they wanted the CoD audience and it shows in the gameplay. While flawed RE7 is a step in the right direction.

Oh damn, I didn't even notice jeanette. Shame on me. Nice.

Literally nothing like CoD, while 7 is straight up Outlast with guns.

Well. This is the age of streamer bait games and RE7 is probably the kind of game you can find a big named youtube playing and yelling at for 4 hours. Yeah, not exactly a scenario in which people will buy your game. Granted even then, for people who have experience with the older games, RE7 has the concepts but fails in execution of its design. A+ game design, C- at making it fun. A buddy of mine still play RE6 when we hang out. No Mercy Mercenaries is literally the best thing in the entire game barring Jake an Sherry's campaign. Re6 is a bad game but I can actually appreciate a lot of things behind it; like the enemy and environment design, and its game play when your actually in control of it.

That doesn't make sense, user. The primary objective of vidya is to be entertaining, i.e. fun. If it fails at being fun, it failed the most basic element of game design. If a game is a C- in the fun department, it couldn't possibly be an A+ in design.

HOW
CAN
YOU
NOT
GET
IT
It talks about what people have known since the mid 60s but normal people still can't see and that apparently includes you, get the fuck off this board and live with all your normalfag friends.

relyonhorror.com/latest-news/capcom-looking-to-attract-call-of-duty-fans-to-resident-evil-series/
please use archive.ism/articles/2012/03/23/resident-evil-series-needs-more-action

Eat shit. Also Outlast's gimmick is being unarmed, so by default if you can fight back it's not an outlast clone.

I don't what the state of it is now but years back on the capcom forums the most popular thread was the unofficial Resident Evil Outbreak thread

the page numbers were in the high 200s of people talking about how fun it was and how desperately they want Capcom to release it as a hd bundle with many saying they would be fine with just peer 2 peer & LAN

Considering these assholes have treated RE4 like skyrim and even re-released RE 5,6 & Code Veronica for the current Gen it's certainly a mystery why they won't do it

6 played like shit, it was a shittier version of RE4 with a nice coop.

Kojimbo is like a kid that discovered world politics and masturbation on the same day and all his games reflect that.

I can't think of a single thing in the game that is designed well enough to be deserving of a grade over a C. It's just all so generic.

I heard RE6 is actually a fun TPS, is there any weight to that argument? If I just want to slide around shooting bad dudes like a John Woo movie, is RE6 alright?

It's really not, no. Too many QTE's and bad level design to really be worth anything. I guess it's better than a lot of crappy TPS but that's not saying much.

Well, that's a shame.

Capcom has to focus on new IPs

FYI, take this with a grain of salt, but some anons have supposedly managed to set up custom servers on PS2 online for Resident Evil: Outbreak.

Not certain how its handled, but you could consider looking into it, unless you're already aware of this.

That thing shouldn't be wearing such a hat. She's not your friend.

Hey man fuck you. The story is a total
MINDFUCK
if you're 12.

Remember Deep Down?

Real talk how did RE 6 end up so awful. Like they nailed the base shooting mechanics but every other aspect is just dogshit.

Why abandon the RE4 type levels that had you running around funneling enemies or dealing with dudes who could fight back in ways that weren't standing behind cover. Why force shitty coop partners that are basically have no function in single player and only exist to serve the retarded story. Why make every god damn level a hyper linear QTE infested shitfest with bosses that aren't fun to fight but have 20 god damn phases with you only doing damage in fucking QTEs.

God damnit even RE5 managed to maintain mediocrity without turning into nonsense until the very end.

5 sold about 50% more than 4 despite being on like half as many platforms so it wouldn't surprise me they just made the rookie gambling mistake of doubling your chips without changing numbers.

they had already fucked everything up with 5, the whole game was made witth coop in mind. ¨just pushed that further plus the retarded story trying to have multiple MCs just like cawadude

It's not a good game though. Not OMG WORST GAME EVER 0/10 tier either, but it's rather mediocre.

Are you seriously interested in the story? in a fucking RE game?

I liked the new megaman, i will give it a chance.

It is still online though. I had them on release but no means of getting them online. I've been playing them with my own group though and we've been having a blast going through file 1 and 2. So it's still great fun, but shit needs a wider reach for sure.

it's back online and playable. And it's pretty frequently played too.

I think it's reasonably fun. I got it after it hit the bargain bin. Didn't even notice the QTEs very much. Maybe they toned them down with a patch after release.

Yes

It's hilarious how Capcom never learns.
Invested in a building specifically for making VR this time.

That movie was so fucking ridiculous!
Only fun thing Sony and Capcom put out in years.

Because all the gunpowder and explosions he's constantly near has bleached his skin darker.

Thank god Capcoms attention is so focused only on Classic and X.

By their own metrics, SFV failed.