Help me stop being a pleb

I've been hanging around on Holla Forums since 2009 but haven't played a lot of classic games. For example I've barely played any Nintendo games at all, and of those I have played none were the classics like Metroid, Chrono Trigger, SMW, etc. I have the hardware to emulate and I assume I can grab ISO's/ROM's from the share thread or somewhere, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of platform and games to prioritize playing. Additionally what are the recommended emulators to use and am I better off playing with a keyboard or hooking up a controller?

Picture unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

racketboy.com/guide/games-that-defined-retro-gaming-machines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get a steering wheel a flight stick and a wii mote then play lol and overwatch until you're at the top of the leaderboards and make youtube videos blogging about your sick kills. Then you'll have Tru™ Holla Forums-Cred™ and everyone will think you're cool

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT INVISIBLE MAN DOING?

Start with the NES, it has so many classics, most of them challenging enough to keep you busy for a long time. I am not bother going to list games for you to play, just look up the NES library and go from A to Z.

By Metroid you better mean Metroid 1 and not Super Metroid

putting Mayonsaise on a computer chip

Or you can stay mustard rice like me. Over twenty years of gaming, and I still stick to the PC. Consoles can be fun, but they aren't fun for me.

racketboy.com/guide/games-that-defined-retro-gaming-machines

This is a good place to start. Just pick a system and go.

Applying Hellmann's-brand mayonnaise to the contacts of a CPU, rather than the side that would interface with the cooling system. Then he's pushing down a lever akin to the ones used to clamp down a bracket to secure the CPU in place. In this instance, however, it seems that the lever is not connected to anything, and is lowered to no noticeable effect.

1. RetroArch will let you play just about anything but takes a tiny bit of getting used to.
2. Yes, you definitely want a controller. I recommend a DualShock 2 and a converter, or a later DualShock and drivers. If that's too much of a pain just use an Xbox controller.

Share thread might be your best bet really, what with emuparadise having been pre-emptively removing games in lieu of waiting for DMCAs (though for now it seems to mostly be games with modern digital rereleases and first party Nintendo games).

It's mayonnaiysse and it is to lubercate the electrecity :)

get a sega saturn and original xbox, then we'll start talking OP.

Beat the Thief-trilogy and come back.

There are only two Thief games, though, unless you're counting TDM.

Those classics are on game-oldies. Get some adblock.

It's a matter of breeding, user. Sorry.

I did play Thief got to the level where you're breaking into the thieves den with the two brothers who are at each others throats and got bored, stealth games aren't really my thing.

Is this normal this video had me sweating and panicking ?

The only difference between medicine and poison is the dose.

And sometimes which hole you put it in.

I've only put a bit of paste on mine, what happens if you smother it like that?

Colloidal metals are conductive to electricity.

And how frequently it is prescribed.

Seven times a week should be fine.

Pre-HD era console games played on an HD TV or monitor look like shit, and many of them don't emulate correctly. Get a CRT from the thrift store for 20 dollars, and any classic game you get will look and play as it should crt's are not a meme. Buy a Wii off of ebay for 50 dollars and install homebrew. Get many free classic games as possible onto that sucka. You can get NES, SNES, N64, Sega, Turbografx and Neo Geo games on it through virtual console. If you want to play any other old games, buy the original hardware and use flash carts and mods.

Every time I see these pictures, the EE in me is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Emulation is fine if you don't have the money or initiative to wade through bullshit to find good deals on consoles and games. I say this owning nearly every console released in the US, including the Neo Geo, 3DO, Game.com, and even the fucking Sega Pico.

If the title of the thread is "Help me stop being a pleb", maybe part of the process is going to be forcing yourself to appreciate things you wouldn't naturally be into until you can more thoroughly understand their objective appeal. Maybe you'll even end up liking it in the end, there's no guarantee that a game will click with you after a few hours.

If you didn't like Thief, the other games you'll see recommended in EVERY stealth thread are Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Hitman: Blood Money, both come with a very high recommendation from me.

Well, that's too much thermal paste, and that cooler was installed hella wrong but, hey, if it works it should be ok.

List out your favorites games, note the common genre amongst them. Start there. Don't like certain games? Write them off, just because some Anons cream themselves over certain games doesn't mean you'll like those games. Give the game you want to try 30 minutes or so don't waste more then 2-4 hours for classic RPGs, graphic adventure games, and Dungeon Crawlers when trying them if the game hasn't hooked you at least a little bit by then just drop it, you're not going to have fun.
Finally from me a DOS list, there are bundles with more games but I can assure you half of them are little more then ancient novelties. YOu can also play a bunch of these outside DOS, but the ones you do might be a bit of a pain in the ass like Blood. Except a-train that is such a comfy fucking game jesus christ if you like stuff like the Tychoon games or Sim City you'll like that for certain.

There are two good Thief games. The third onewas still needed to close the storyline properly, even with the consolization.

Many games in the pic have community patches that you should play them with. And Panzer General is even more fun played against a human opponent - whatever is more convenient, hot-seat or play-by-mail.

smh

Realms of Arkania games weren't that good either. Plenty of useless skills for your characters and you could use a bow only in four cardinal directions.