/dsg/ - Mods

You know the rules
I figured out how to mod DS so I'm making mods now. I think I can change enemy groupings in the maps as well so I need to figure out how to somehow shift enemies in such a way that allows my vision of true NG+ to come true. The thing that needs to happen is there needs to be a routine in the game for when it shifts to NG+ to also shift over where it draws the maps from, and there would need to be 7 different folders filled with those maps that are read only in that specific NG+
Before any of that though I'm making skull knight's equipment because I want to really play as skull knight

Other urls found in this thread:

models-resource.com/dreamcast/swordoftheberserkgutsrage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that Dark Souls II is best Souls.

DaS3 because I have nothing better to do with my time.
80 DEX since it seemed fun.
80 DEX, Lothric Sword w/ Sharp +10 and Freyed Blade +5 for when faggots decide to run. WA R1 usually catches everyone off guard at least once.

DaS3, it's pretty good.
STR FOR DAYS. 66 to get that 99 on 2H. Magic is for suckers. ~Level 130 with my main now.
Currently cosplaying as Tsorig, but I've been known to appear as Iudex Gundyr, Smough, Bazuso, Hodrick (With a Yhorm's), and as the Dragonslayer armor (Boss one). I still do not have his shield though, need that.

Really now? Just what is possible? Are we going to see total-conversion mods?

That item location randomizer mod is awesome, but it would be even better if there was an enemy spawn randomizer to go with it.

The guy who made the item randomizer mod also added the first ever custom scripted event into the game. Upon defeating the tutorial boss, you get your estus flask taken away, and the Calamity Ring effect is applied to you. You can only remove the affect and reclaim your estus flask by killing Kalameet. It even has text prompts that show up to tell you this. Oh, and For Keeper souls are destroyed, and the one for the firekeeper that Lautrec kills is temporary held by Kalameet as well.

And fire* keeper souls

Replaying Demon's Souls again. Fighting NG+ False King right now with the Meat Cleaver. I was originally using the DBS+5, but now my stats are high enough that the Cleaver is usable. Not as strong, but it's faster and it's not purely physical. I have a few other weapons as well, but everything else is pretty underwhelming in comparison.

Never used it before because I just didn't have enough dexterity and faith to make good use of the scaling. Previous character was a Northern Regalia tank with a focus on vitality and endurance.

If it works, it works. Also the Lothric War Banner really works well as a secondary, fucking hell.

Looking forward to dummied-out content like the Shiva black-eye orb be restored.

progress

Why the Kalameet fetish?

x1000 this

I once tired to make a texture mod for DS3 that would make the hollows and dogs look pink like in the first but there were too many textures to find them.

jesus christ

It's my first time give me a break. For some reason the lines I'm using keep breaking and I need to cross stitch them

Don't do any more edges than four per face, most engines can't support n-gons and will leave a face with more than four sides un-rendered.

why tho

can you import guts from the ps2 game?
or maybe the musou game?

Primarily one handed and scaling actually does something beyond 60 now.

Holy Demon War? I could if I got my hands on the assets, I would need to convert him to a .dae file and then put him over one of the other characters.

Would the dreamcast game suffice? models-resource.com/dreamcast/swordoftheberserkgutsrage/
Also have you ever tried rigging a model to different set of bones before and if you have can you provide some tips. That shit is fucking hard.

I'm extremely new to all this too, m8

Oh man o man.
So do you know what bones are yet? I take it you don't otherwise you wouldn't have likely said yes before. I'm not trying to disheatrent you or anything but well.
Its important to understand bones, I would recommend looking into GoldSrc and source modding as it pretty well doumented and there are a lot of programs that can allow you to see bones in action.

So models that have moving parts often have bones. Bones are what they sound like, a skeletal frame that the model is attached to. Bones are located in a 3d space expressed on the XYZ axis. Bones can be expressed in hierarchy that starts at the root bone. The root bone is the bone that the other bones use as a way of determining where they are based on translations to the XYZ cordinates of the root.
For example lets say the root is at 0,0,0 you want a bone that is directly 10 units above it, then IIRC the next bone would be 0,10,0 IIRC then the next bone would be expressed as movement from the previous bone rather then the root but it all is based on the root in the end.
IIRC animations are expressed not as movements from the root or bone that is above it in the heiracy but as rotations from the root or the bone that is above in the heiracy.
This explination isn't very useful the best I can do is a visual aid but I havent explained how you attach the models to the bones which is the hard part, and I have to get some sleep for health reasons I hope this helps some

DON'T CRITICIZE DARK SOULS 3.

CRITICIZE DARK SOULS 3.

I wasn't autistic before witnessing those numbers, but now I am.

With those digits,sure thing.
DARK SOULS 3 IS A MEME GAME AND IT SUCKS ASS.

that would be the moment you realized you bit off way more than you can chew.

witnessed.

Because he's sexy uwu

Sorry about your thread OP.

Not enough waifus

How do I get a giant's seed if I am playing offline on a pirated copy? Do NPC invasions count?