Pinball, The original video games

Let's talk Pinball Holla Forums

Here's The Pinball Arcade with no DRM:

mega.nz/#!sJwQBZZY!HMZ99ObTIQFz9_mA718mEEj5cKvYGWZUu3_nWt6Mu_c

What's your favorite table? DO you use other programs to play pinball?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/zacodnnf5nsgcy6/3d_pinball.msi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Appreciate it user you made a duplicate thread by the way.

Shoot. I reported the duplicate.

Haven't played a Pinball game since Sonic Spinball but I thought it was really fun.

I can't enjoy pinball video games because the physics can and never will be 100% accurate.

wat if pinball had jiggle physics

Pinball fx 2 gets pretty close. Pinball arcade is a little weak on the flippers.

Need oc of this now.

Arcadeheroes.com has updates on new Pinball machines coming out.

PA / Future Pinball is my sad reminder that I will find ever fewer real life machines, and that all of them will be setup like this:

It's kind of a shame that pinball has become such a niche market, because there's something distinctive about pinball that makes it really charming. I've heard it referred to before as Americana, which I guess means there's a novelty to it, but the game of pinball also ticks a lot of boxes in my head for what I consider a good, challenging, competitive game, and it's fairly simple to boot; you could teach a five-year-old to play pinball and they might get very good at it.

What would we need to do to give pinball mainstream appeal again? I know that there are still pinball machines being produced (the Metallica machine recently knocked out old-timer The Twilight Zone for best pinball machine ever) but what would we need to do to make them appeal to the broader market in the way that they used to?

Thanks, OP. While not as good as the real thing, it's nice some people still appreciate pinball enough to make games.
Also my favorite table is Black Knight 2000. I remember when I was a kid I always thought I was playing against the knight himself. Probably because of his taunts while the angels cheer you on.

To bring pinball back would probably require the popularity of arcades to come back, too. With all the new games and the internet, people don't normally go to an arcade for the sake of playing the games there. It's usually something they do on the side. Unless we have another video game crash, I doubt it'd ever come back unless they took the pachinko route and jewed people out of their savings.

what's the password

They'll likely never experience going to a drive-in and shitting around at the concessions building playing pinball and arcade games for hours. What an absolutely boring time to be young. Is pinball at all popular in Japan at least? I know tables still get put out, like that new 66 Batman one.

Thanks, OP

This game has a shit story.

Im gunna pin these balls on your face

How much of the DLC is in this?

I miss the old winXP pinball game. I remember watching my dad hit high scores and then telling me I could easily break them if I tried I didn't.

Who /crueball/ here?

They had this one on my local arcade, it was a total joy to play.

HE'S A PINBALL WIZARD THERE HAS TO BE A TWIST!

5 minutes into this and I'm already sick of Pinball Wizard.

I don't think our pinball is popular over there, no. You have to understand, pachinko is their pinball. The history behind the two is similar, but they take it very seriously. They also use them more as gambling devices and it's more of a game of chance. To be honest, pachinko is a plague over there and people's lives have been ruined over it. You'd think the Japs would love our pinball, but I guess they'll stick to their own version.

If only we had Pinball Parlors that could rival their Pachinko ones.

This works.
mediafire.com/file/zacodnnf5nsgcy6/3d_pinball.msi
Space cadet aka the demo of full tilt pinball.

I think pinball as we know it is sort of a distinctively American thing. Like it was somewhat popular in Europe but it was really the American audience that just ate it up. Something about knocking a ball around and getting funny voice clips really appealed to the American market.

It's actually kind of interesting how eliminating the gambling aspect of pinball really changed the game, because when it originally started out it was actually quite similar to pachinko, but when the gambling element went away it was forced to evolve to stay relevant.