Morrowind multiplayer server

IT'S OUT FAGGOTS
And we already have a server up, so get in and be autistic nerds.

github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/releases/download/tes3mp-0.6.0/tes3mp.Win64.release.0.6.0.zip

Either extract or put it in a subdirectory in morrowind. It doesnt matter where it is.

Follow pic related

Remember to locate your Morrowind.esm in the openmw-wizard.exe

Open the openmw-launcher.exe and set it as pic related

You start out entering your account name and password for the server. REMEMBER THIS till next time you log in

Every player starts in balmora, entering the original starting place in seyda neen will teleport you away with an error since it's not for multiplayer.

Also reminder to turn down your volume.
Pirated clients can also join
GET IN NERDS

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/dx0hvv
forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808
openmw.org/2017/openmw-multiplayer-here/
steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti#announcements/detail/1441567597386587897
github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/commit/690f7dc7dfd4fc91182575d23f71251ba5781e41
plays.tv/video/597cc09dbaa7f954f3/tes3mp?from=user
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43544/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42347/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42190/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42619/?
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Dark_Brotherhood_Attacks
mega.nz/#!QH4XmT4Z!0J5ZLnDSFzan8NghxPujqT5eRCcy_gKQFwnHvj0yxr8
github.com/HeliosInteractive/OpenRoC
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36711/?
fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6329
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44818/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45004/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45067/?
github.com/TES3MP/PluginExamples/commit/04a67181b19030cc0da8c9f0534e5430658e03a9
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch
rgho.st/6nFqjYdYV
github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/releases/download/tes3mp-0.6.0/tes3mp.Win64.release.0.6.0.zip
archive.is/8gCF5
mega.nz/#!JGIThQBT!6SL8o_Uz1864QuliawY3FRZm4xkvfH3L90ikf_BAbGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wew

Private server options or not?
I wanna see that shit show.

Reading is a thing, whoops.
So whats the deal? can you play through the story or just dick around in the game world? How does it work?

What's with the obsession of taking a well-balanced singleplayer game and cramming multi-player in for no reason?

sounds fun too lazy to look for a morrowind torrent thou

I would only want to join a RP server but I'm sure no matter what

This is what I would have to deal with.

When I launch the game it doesn't work, halp.

Has to be a vanilla client? Can you join with mods?

Since it's based on openmw, you can download plugins and enable them on the server, the client will need it too then but yes, mods work.

woah i just got done playing morrowind as well.

So how does resting work?

this, everyone would be in different times and dates

Time is static server-side, which means no matter how much you rest it's still the same time. When you rest you still get your stats restored etc.

That sounds janky as fuck, but oh well.

Is there any way to get a specific server time, for quests and such?

How does dying work?

so i can rest 24 hours without time passing?

Lose stats and you teleport to the nearest shrine. Seems random, I've ended up at an imperial one and a tribunal shrine when dying in the same place.

As in "Damage Attribute" like an asshole Greater Bonewalker, or permanent drain?

More like years. I last heard about this back just after Oblivion came out.

Permanent -1 to 5 random stats.

skills rather

Oh, so dying is like going to prison.

So what about NPCs? Do they eventual respawn, or do they just stay dead forever?

Can everyone take quests, or once somebody does something, is it gone? And the Main Quest - has anyone fucked with Dagoth Ur yet? Are alchemy glitches a go, or console commands to spawn infinite gold?

Is there just one of each artifact, or can there be infinite Goldbrands? Can you get an Eltonbrand?

according to the multiplayer patch thing, all scripting is performed locally, so everything should be client side only as far as npc and game engine interactions

dling setting up and getting ready to play this sounds awesome

As it was explained to me, there's different database files for world/cells/characters. So it's possible to reset the world without altering characters in any way. Quests seem to be all for one, one for all meaning that if someone does a quest, then it appears in everyone's journal. Console seems to be locked just for admins, alchemy is probably working as intended.

This sounds like a nightmare worth experiencing.

im pirateing now to set it up
it does sound fun as shit
anyone got a voice server set up so we can shitpost while we play?

my data files list in the OpenMW program is empty, what do i do?

THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A FUCKING SERVER REEEEEEE

I want a boy to steal my pants like that :3

there's a serb in the OP

That brings up a decent question. Can you rob other players? Or just yank their stuff from their houses since it's totally unclaimed now?

yeah but still i can throw up a forever server just as well for myself and friends ya know

could you give the ip for it uwu

Here is the important question -
Can (You) rename yourself?

nm woops haha

server is gone

which version should i get to do this with
does a repack work?

It's OpenMW, which is a reimplementation of the Morrowind/Fallout 4 engine that just uses the game assets from Morrowind. So, yes, a repack would work.

So did you guys rename the server or add a pass or something because its not on the list…

By adding the IP to your config like in OP's guide you'll join the server automatically when you start the game.

HOW THE FUCK DO I TALK IN THIS FUCKING GAME JESUS CHRIST

what ip?

Try 192.168.0.10

It's in the image OP posted.

guys the game slows the fuck down to a crawl.

how do i fix this?

Does anyone know how to get unstuck from positions the NPCs are blocking? Since you can't tcl now.

RIP SERVER FOR REAL THIS TIME?

I don't have Morrowind installed anons, but this does pique my interest.. The thing that often stops me from playing these games is the fact that it's normally encouraged to traipse through various websites and download a fuckton of mods to prevent it from crashing every 20 minutes, but I'm grateful that you seemingly don't have to install shit to get this to work for the multi assuming so, anyway. What's the best way of getting hold of Morrowind for this now anyway? Torrent?

welp ended up downloading some foreign version of morrowind

Oh, and the Server died too. Lovely.

Check /tes/.

its smooth as butter, took 5 minutes from game dl to setup to done

serb is kill

It's in the share thread links:
Morrowind GOTY
#%3Q931DQZ
%1c9dGjctI_TqxEme3lONJMHOfBfesp4bMNQOLDUKJYM

Don't know whether it's the GOG version or an ISO, though.

what do you mean it died? i was logged in 5 minutes ago, but i logged off because this the graphics slow down to shit and it was unplayable.

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.
I never played MW before so I guess I'll play SP until the server comes back up. It won't

Checked /tes/, and those dubs, but couldn't find much of what I was looking for.. I probably wasn't looking very hard though because I've been up for so long but still.

Much obliged user, dling the game now.

Could just be that I was checking the nexus for mods, but if it really doesn't make much difference, I'm not too fussed either way. I'm hoping that this is a lot like nwn multiplayer. I miss the shit out of playing that with anons and other players

Couldn't someone else host it if things are too fluctuating?

FUCK

think i did it right but says connfection failed ip is wrong or fire wall etc

I'm also getting this attempting to join any other server

Server is currently down.

Either yours or their Tribunal.esm is fucked up. The hashes don't match.

op please bring the server back ;_;

It crashed overnight, it's up again.

Cell data cleared, sometimes it crashes on a bad loaded cell.

kek

I got the joke.

It is nice to see OpenMW progressing. Can modders finally stop supporting Bethesda now?

it worked on san andreas
it should work on any singleplayer game

Why are my textures super glossy and wrong and how the fuck do I type in chat?

Get in faggots, live serb

Just the idea of it all sounds like a stupid idea and a terrible experience. In fact, I know it's shit without even trying it.

Sorry, I'm retarded. How do I use that?

no thanks

If the serbfag adds mods he better have a link ready with the mods in question

The future is getting brighter by the day

Lmao

For fun

Hey guys who are ingame, post screenshots. I don't yet trust you.

Nwah

It'd be really cool if Tamriel Rebuilt or a similar kind of huge mod were put in

Where can I find the Dwemer Puzzle Box???

I think it should be in the basement of the Dwemer ruin east of balmora. You'll need the dwemer key thing to get inside.

Did the server crash for anyone else?

Someone already took it I think.

What would be sick is if someone put Clockwork remastered or whatever it's called into the server and so it can be the basically be the raid location.

Did the server crash again?

what the fuck, is this real?

It's a six fucking hour dungeon comprised mostly of puzzles and platforming that you can't leave, followed by like ten hours of detective work

Let's try this some time.

Perfect.

You're goddamn fucking right it did. Still, the millenial obsession with everything needing multiplayer is deathly autistic. I am interested to see how broken this is and how autistic the RP will be. I assume it will be a land awash with furfags almost instantly.

I don't see that working out very well in practice
Half the people would probably show up in the arena with garbage stats and no gear because they got killed by NPCs trying to steal shit

I guess this is the basis for a very simplistic yet fun sandbox/territory war mmo, but what is there to do right now?

Can i host servers?

I think our current server is going pretty well, so no real fuss. It'll just be competition if you do.

Yeah, according to the developer it should be very similar with hosting a minecraft server.

I wouldn't make it public, i wanna play with my gf.

What are you, gay?

You can't be gay if you're a deity.
You're just magnanimous enough to share your body.

why is the game crashing after I enter my password and username?

What's your password and username?

Already ruined by faggotry, it was nice while it lasted.

Why would I trust YOU?

Never thought I'd see the day where Holla Forums plays multiplayer Morrowind. This is gonna be so shit but I'm gonna join up anyway

You can absolutely trust me user. I am 100% certified trustworthy person.

Todd?

Is the server down? Went to another server and someone locked all the doors in Balmora with a 100 potency spell.

W-why are you jumping to conclusions?

Lichmod when
We must go now maximize all skeletons

You'll find me with House Dres. See you on the battlefield.

Someone post screenshots, I wanna see this shit.

So, my friend told me that in TES Online: Morrowind the retarded producers thought Mournhold was the capital and forgot it was inside Almalexia city. Is this true?

I remember when this was just a community joke…

Time to vote for mods faggots!
poal.me/dx0hvv

Sex mods are must. Just imagine the possibilities of erp.

Will you set up a Mega repository or something for the mods? I'd like to suggest quite a few if we can make sure everyone will easily be able to get them…

Also I hope you n'wahs are worshiping the Tribunal.

I'd really want to try out the mod in embed related, but it's really big…

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EXE TO INSTALL THIS SHIT

You must compile the core i think.

The Underking is a really cool and creepy concept/character.

is there any place i can just download an archive of the entire thing?

You downloaded the source code, user. See here instead: forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1808

thanks user

What does Holla Forums think about TR's new tileset for Thirr valley?

Is my character local? Im gonna create a new one anyway but I might want to level up on single player

going for muh realism is always a bad idea
the watercolor textures are a lot better aesthetically

Since OP is a fag i'll post the docs in here
openmw.org/2017/openmw-multiplayer-here/
steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti#announcements/detail/1441567597386587897
Things that should be noted:

How is that realism?

barf

That males it way too muddy.

if i had to make a comparison, pic 1 is like oblivions color pallete, pic 2 is skyrims

No, 1 is the generic Ascadian Isles texture, the second one is an almost jungle-like lush valley texture.

I don't entirely hate that painterly look but it also reminds me of shitty emulator filters.

ayy lmao

turns out that's v0.41, there doesn't seem to be an exe for 0.42

Is the hostfag going to host again tonight or did I miss this?

Nah, that's a nightly build; basically a preview version of v0.42. It might not actually matter, anyway; I think TES3MP is a completely independent copy of OpenMW that just doesn't include the installation functions the basic OpenMW ahs.

Isn't that kind of completely fucking stupid? They forked OpenMW and won't have any of its features newer than the date they forked it. Shouldn't the two projects merge?

Yeah tes3mp already has a copy of OpenMW in the archive.

Lost connection to the server I was playing on and now there's no servers on the list. Shit fucked or is it a problem on my end?

I think the main aesthetic problem is the model textures are at a higher resolution to environment textures and that just doesn't gel well with the overall look. Even that candle looks out of place. All it would really take is either making the environment textures filter more granular or the model textures more glaucoma.

Stands out more without being ostentatious. I like it.

Wrong.

No, Forks often pull from the parent project and contribute back to it. example of the former:
github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/commit/690f7dc7dfd4fc91182575d23f71251ba5781e41

Is the server list back up for anyone yet?

Apparently you can change whether or not the faction ranks, guild ranks, journal is shared between all players. I've changed everything to non-share across players, it will be applied on restart. (Unless people want it)

It'd be safest to keep it shared, I think, since at least some of the quest handling is always shared between players.

ya sorry user… is one a mega link or is one a magnet for a torrent?

I just know this will burn a hole in my toaster. It already heats up to scorching levels playing vanilla Morrowind.

Good job guys

uh ya how do we talk?

Y

Yeah well this might be a lot of bad things (namely, gay) but when it comes to pure distilled autism we're always ahead

Is there a GNU/Linux Install for this openmw mod?

I think you have to build it from source at the moment.

Thanks.

so i pirated the GOTY edition cause i figured it the most common one.
but i keep getting this error? can some one help me? my load order looks correct am i missing something?

they have a .esm you dont.

It's not a well engineered game but how is this pastable? Are you still on a computer built in 1999?

i'm sorry could you explain further? a possible solution please?

the server may be using mods that depend on morrowind.esm and tribunal.esm. thats what i can get from your screen shot,the only solution is installing the mods they are using.

Your tribunal.esm hash is different (Different patch most likely)

is the server back up today>?

did you ever find a solution? i have the same exact problem.
Who ever is hosting the server can you tell us where you got your Game from? what version? can you help us with this problem? do you have other mods installed no mention in the OP?

anything i can do to solve that problem?

The server is only running the GOTY edition (from steam so it should be latest patch) no mods whatsoever yet

The version of the vanilla game shouldn't matter since the mod uses OpenMW. Check to make sure Tribunal loads before Bloodmoon and that you're not using the official bethesda plugins(ie. bittercoastsounds, etc.). Also make sure OpenMW knows where your data folder is

do you want an orc to steal your undies, user?

Ok well that was my fuck up if anyone has this problem. here is what i did wrong. i Installed Bloodmoon before tribunal. the game wouldn't even run so i had to reinstall in the right order.

Im in I think
Yep, its Holla Forums

what ip?

i got the GoG version, is that okay?

so here is where this multiplayer currently stands

The Gog version works fine

Lets do a high elven genocide.

They better fix that shit, if they can.

So can I make a custom spell and play with it until I leave the server?

destinationAddress = 93.163.239.226
port = 7777
?

Yes. This also means you can go do the intelligence exploit, Go to the mudcrab merchant, sell all of it by waiting 1 week and selling a single potion, over and over again, to the point where you have so much money. Then, even if you leave/crash, you'll still have a billion gold to spend on stupidly great spells.

The server browser isn't working. Anyone else have this problem?

Holy shit the dream is real, this is awesome

Yes. Wait it out or restart.

NPC sync probably made enough people play that it fucked the master server. Does anyone have a direct IP for a live server?

what's the password?

Nah. Dont believe their lies. If it was real your all wouldnt be so reluctant to take a screen shot with a few players on screen.

Prove me wrong. Where is a frag video with sweet cool music? Where is the proofs? Where is the evidences?

follow the guide you goddamn retards

Just play the game you nigger

Ya getting that too.

Any word on maximum number of players that a server can hold? Specifically if the software just outright states it can't hold ~X amount of players.

plays.tv/video/597cc09dbaa7f954f3/tes3mp?from=user
random shenanigans here

Nah, reported you are all going to jail. You are all going to heck to.

I'm assuming the server's down?

Host restarted.

One this comes back up Ill call you a nigger

It's restarting now

Very good

My ears. How can I interact with the chat? Close it mostly, I cant access character creation

I'll wait until the package mantainers put out a new ebuild
fug.

Download GoG version and install it, install OpenMW, point OpenMW to GoG version's install dir so it can grab the assets.

I just crashed, serb ded?

That game is kind of shitty, user.

honestly it was fun to fool around with you fags for a couple of hours. but it gets really boring after that.

are characters global somehow or server restricted? I dont want to start grinding if I'm gonna have to start all over every time a game is hosted

I think once everyone stops fucking around you can actually start playing. We were clearing a dungeon when I logged off

fug I was about to kill the first Ash Vampire

So it seems

fuggg

Seems like good fun so far. I can't imagine what playing mods with a bunch of other idiots will be like.

Shit, this is looking bretty gud so far. Although somethings definitely need to be fixed or made routine since all that crate loot ain't gonna sell itself. Ran into Slaughter Fish while everyone went into a Draedic Ruin, then proceeded to loot the Arena. Maybe one day we can all cry in agony at cliffracers again.

What's needed first are mods that remove alchemy exploits so people can't walk around with a few million gold and potions with effects that last a few million seconds.

And the one that prevents assassins from trying to kill you before you beat the main quest.

And the landmass mods

This is wonderful

this lua scripts spawn assassins only when the main quest is complete
credits to Oblivionburn and Dave

Tamriel rebuilt works flawless. never tested home of the nords or project cyrodil

>openmw.org/2017/openmw-multiplayer-here/

Oh my god this is the greatest fucking shit ever. Guards protect you from random PvP in towns, making them safer, and all of this potential for fucking game modes. A legit Air Ride style City Trial in Morrowind sounds way tubular from the explanation here. Holy shit.

seriously though does anyone have a server they're playing on that we could jump into

polite sage

Is OPs down? How do you host this shit?

Are you nigs blind? Server has been up all day and still is.

This is better than every single MMO ever released, and every single MMO never released.

How can I fix this?

in concept, but needs more bugfixing and tuning out.

i crash too often

IS THE SERVER UP?

open openmw-launcher.exe and click on data files
disable any mods you have then make sure tribunal and bloodmoon are enabled

Okay, I rearranged them and disabled some, but I'd like to use Tamriel Rebuilt. It does work with multiplayer right?

If server is hosting it.

No, your mods MUST match the host's

Even with the crashes and bugs it's still better than every single MMO.

With tamriel rebuilt and player owned buildings a la sandbox mmo this might turn into fantasy planetside. Except it will be good

I have high hopes for this. Clan/faction based wars like you only see on mmo animes nowadays. Being a buff/heal slut can be fun because I can also shoot fireballs. The mod community has a chance to stop making more nude and anime tier weapon/companion mods, to work on something great. Long live morrowind autism

It's basically one of the handful of MMORPGs that is a RPG and it's a fucking bethesda game, wew

GIVE US THE MODS YOU WHORE

This
The sky is the limit now, and even if its not it can still make a sick multiplayer dungeon crawler

Figured out the fix guys. Open up the client server default .cfg thing again and replace the master.tes3mp IP to the backup one listed in the document. It's
for extra convenience.

what are you talking about. the server has been up all day

what's GDR_Masterfile??

Nevermind apparently that just let me see the error log in the CMD that boots up with the game.

This is the actual issue.

Yeah server crashed and I thought it was down for good, but I guess OP was just getting that GDR thing.

That's the IP to the master, not whatever server you're joining.

This was before they got bad. All e need now is a >greentext function, re-filling boxes and an un-broken main quest.

ye Defualt is getting the mods working for the server, mainly so that assassins dont fucking rape everyone every time they try to rest.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43544/?
I think I might've found it with a quick Google search. Try this out or some shit.

thank christ shit was retarded

shitposting until Defualt gets his fucking server back up

Thats endgame but we could use some more dungeons to crawl through. It would make gearing up pretty fun.

7A7E2CDE02ACA44CE9D1986766FF74AA0AE205C2
Morrowind + everything you need except MP which you can see in OP.

You can just do a couple of quests to stop it.

implying i remember what quest to do at level 5 to stop it from a game from fucking a decade ago

is serb still down?
are we getting more mods?

(checked)

Just need the delayed DB attacks mod. Works wonders. Just gotta make sure to use the fixed version of the mod.

big shout out to yiff had fun with you guys slaying those gay ass elfs! thanks for easy money. love XX_SHADOW_EDGE_XX the gayest name i could come up with

anyone else ever notice how half the players are kahjit and argonian?

gotta go fast

how do i change my load order again?

nigger look at the OP

It's bretty bad. Even as an Orc I am disgusted

ya i picked it for kahjit for speed and i thought i;d never make money so made a hand to hand class.

These are the new mods, we had to see if it even worked.
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42347/?
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42190/? (SpeedandStamina.ESP)
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42619/? (Assassin Ambush2.5.ESP)

Sotha Sil 2.0 or 2.2?

en.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:Dark_Brotherhood_Attacks
visit any normal Guard to inform him about this attempt on your life.

The Guard will be amazed that you survived this attempt and advise you to speak with Apelles Matius in Ebonheart.
Apelles Matius
Once in Ebonheart (which is just a little south-east of Seyda Neen), any Guard should be able to tell you that Apelles can be found 'wandering the battlements' close to the main castle. Find him and ask him about the Dark Brotherhood and the conversation will quickly lead towards the mainland of Morrowind. Apelles will tell you to speak with Asciene Rane about transport to Mournhold, the capital of Morrowind.
The attacks will stop once Apelles Matius tells you to speak to Asciene Rane

It's with the 2.2 patch, A mega.nz link will be dropped soon

Put it into the Morrowind/Data files/

>nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42190/? (SpeedandStamina.ESP)
Jesus fuck why would anyone make game even easier?

server up yet?

yes, you just need the right mods installed in the right order

how do I control the order?

I get the error message that I don't have the right mods installed. It's asking for Morrowind, Tribunal, Bloodmoon, and GDR_Masterfile, in that order. It asks for this regardless of wether I toggle the sotha sil, assassins, and stamina mods

same problem here

drag and drop in the list

I have what the thing says but I keep getting this error

Oh, gotchya. Thanks.

So I added everything from and now I get this

Tell me what game you consider good.

You are straight-up fucking retarded. I seriously don't even know how you typed up that post. I can only imagine that you grabbed it from somewhere else and pasted it here because you obviously don't know what the words you just posted mean.

Never mind, found out you need to go to the openmw.cfg and get rid of fallback-archive="Flora Glow.bsa"

Things I hate:

Things I like:
locking doors to fuck with people
using burden and paralysis spells to fuck with people
some wierd bug that allows you to have shit loads of spawned in enemies that can fuck with people
fucking with people

You just made me realize that this is the first time that lock spells have ever been usefull.

Christ, this has some potential.

To get it polished enough to run a proper dedicated server, I'd think we'd want to do some modding of our own. Once it's stable and a tad more polished, I'll stand up one of my servers for it and try to run full-time. In the meanwhile, what kinds of things does it need to be playable as an MMO?

Sounds like

What else, Holla Forums?

first we need to figure out this anime bullshit

They had some minimal use as a way to prevent NPCs from traversing internal doors. You only needed a level 1 lock spell for that though.

About player housing how possible would it be to implement some sort of Fallout 4 like building system?

Does Open Morrowind fuck with vanilla game balance? Some racial/sign abilities are different from what I remember.

could someone please help me with this? i've no idea what else i need

Deepest lore.

Fucking newfags. Have you ever fucking played morrowind?

Make sure your load order is exactly what you see in

I'm getting this problem as well. Is the server full or something?

MY NIGGER I LOVE YOU! I'LL BE YOUR DUNMER SLAVE

Solved by using a
password = v
In tes3mp-client-default.cfg
Whoever made oppic is a faggot.

where am I dropping these mad files? In the game data directory?

If you put them in your vanilla Morrowind mod directory OpenMW launcher should detect them automatically. Also it's worth pointing out that you can install any graphics mods you want provided they don't use any .esp's and you'll get modded graphics on your end

Also I can't believe admin got mods working on the server, gonna hop on once SSE downloads

Do you drop your items when you die? That's another factor that should be figured into a long-term balance project.

Nope

game crashed and i forgot my password, nice

That worked, thanks.

OpenMW isn't detecting my .esm files
I triple checked, they're there
What the fuck

what the fuck did the chars all get deleted? it doesn't have my name anymore are we starting over now?!

serb ded again?

rip serb?

try extracting them again, thats what I did.
ALso whats with the clusterfuck at spawn?

activate them and do the order in

yes

SERBER DEAD AND ADMIN IS ASLEEP

anyone know how to host?

No, he never told us. Before you sleep blease tell us

And I had just made a fireball spell that costs too much mana to cast and everything.

make sure they are in the Data files folder

well he told me :^)
and I'm in the super sekrit discord
he's asleep, the server wont come up until he's awake

rip

What's the discord, noggo. I wanna know when the server's up without relying on threads.

rip game

fucker… are you too POOR TO JUST LEAVE IT UP OVER NIGHT YOU BASTARD

Can you tell us how to host?

server needs to be manually restarted when it crashes

tes3mp-server.exe im guessing

Looks like it executes and I get a notification about my network. Guess I'll fuck around with it

post IP when you get it working user

It was that, for some stupid reason OpenMW was trying to fetch them from the main folder not from the \data folder

Oh well, maybe tomorow, I wonder what hardware is the minimal requirement for a serb, I might build one.

Don't get your hopes up, I don't really know anything about hosting. I was just going to dick around with it and see what happens.

So can we assume you do not own a server with a static IP?

i set up the server it was there in the browser list. but i cant connect to it…. even plugged in my IP address into the config file… not sure how to make it work :(

You need to port forward user

might need to do port fowarding

also, server hosters should use restart on crash software. Might work:
github.com/HeliosInteractive/OpenRoC

The IP will be static unless he shuts down the router

Nah, no server here. I was going to see what I could do though. I'm a bit tired for this shit though. At least we know it works. I still can't believe it. Kinda out of no where too.

Fucking a. I'll do it, just give me a few

people are hosting even on raspberries. network connection is the bottleneck. it's all about network speed , not hardware

Shit nigga, I got me one of those. That might be a project for later though.

Well well well.
I found a use for mine

KEK

Do you have any idea how bad the throughput bottleneck on a RasPi is? And yes, it's due to the hardware.

Can anyone tell me why my server browser doesn't display anything at all?

I can't get it to work.

I'd at least like to play on a pub server

The devs report that both the master servers are down.

aw fug

thanks user

Does this work with the GOG version? Seems like that wizard just kinda dies silently without doing anything after telling it to check bloodmun and tribunal.

Oh, that would explain why the browser isn't showing anything. Thanks.

OH FUCK, IT JUST CAME UP FOR A SECOND.

THERE'S A Holla Forums SERVER ON IT

dont use the brower exe
run openwm launcher…. hit play
Lets join the one with 13 people and fuck with them

Does this affect direct ip connections, or just the server browser

That's the one I've set up, but for some reason it's booting me as soon as I connect. I'm not sure why as I was able to play just fine not even a hour ago.

I cant see anything in the server browser, is my router just shit?

are you running the openmw launcher or browser…

Seriously, what the fuck is this? It's even pointing to the proper place in the OpenMW settings.

i'm in here
ftc stable… name is vidya lets fuck shit up

Oh, the wizard is stupid and doesn't detect the Data Files folder, never fucked around with OpenMW, sorry.

browser, i get the window up, but nothing is listed

I found out my issue was that I forgot to input the password I set up, wew.
port 25565
pw is "v"

I'm in

You don't need to use the server browser, you can connect using the method in the OP image

Fucking hell, this is jankier than getting JointOps working.

Good shit, nigga. I'm in

FUCK YOU TODD IT DON'T JUST WORK
Finally in.

Without knowing anything about it, since I'm at anchor a mile off the coast of the US tethered to a flaky 3g connection, I'd guess that direct IP would work fine.

Also, when I'm home and have time, I'll try to dust off my server and stand something up. Might not happen for a week or so, but I'll get autostart scripts and shit going. It sounds like building interiors are stored with a json file per cell, so I might even be able to set up a script that does, say, a server restart every 4 hours that resets interiors and NPCs.

Wish I could play with you guys ;_;

Does your character work on other servers or do you have to create another one?

Of fucking course they're not.

Doing what sailorman?

Waiting to go back home. We're literally just killing time out here. Scheduled to dock tomorrow, then I finally get to go home. Can't wait to crack open a bear and play some vidya.

Might be something about those secondary .esps not loaded on the server. I had to disable everything but the .esms for it to load me in.

They haven't been paid to give out someone else's opinion yet. Give it time.

What'd be really cool, OP, would be mods that add more types of items and stuff to the game, like nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36711/? fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6329 nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44818/? and nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45004/?

That really updated my journal. It's nice to be proud of you faglets on occasion. Looks like it's starting to get around now though.

So the original server is back up, with three new mods needed for it?

we're all on . Original server crashed and the admin's asleep.

newfag here pls no bully

Serb crashed for some reason

fug

serb ded?

second server down :(

Todd why did you boot me, couldn't handle some trash talk about Skyrim?

Fuck player guilds, join Great Houses

To the second host user, if it keeps crashing try deleting the cell data

Did Faggot leave as well?

Or whoever was hosting this one

also use auto restart software

Eh's right here.

And we're back

What's the current method of setting up a server, and how much of a drain is it? I have a spare desktop I can keep running 24/7 for the next two weeks, but my internet is below third-world level.

To the main serverfag, I could send over the character files once you get it running, assuming anyone wants to keep their guy from this server. It'll probably work.

I don't think I did anything else to get it running. If you run into problems, I'd try to help out if it's within my ability to do so.

iirc you're supposed to refresh the page when that happens.

fug

Always

I got it back up pretty quickly

Anybody know what's with the framerate shitting itself randomly? Something to do with other player proximity or something?

turn the server back on you coont

Are all of these connection errors and server crashes due to bugginess or are they an inherent feature?

It just works okay

Server no longer living.

Oh how wrong you are

Up again, but probably not for much longer, it's 1 AM and I'm feeling slightly tired.

How much do you guys think actually functional multiplayer is going to kickstart the modding community?
Will it be filled with faggots making gun mods and anti-profanity plugins?

What's wrong with you

A lot of things, surely.
What I want to do now is watch some japanimations and then go to bed.

shit is still down my man

Yeah, just downloaded but can't get any servers to come up. Bummer.
Was looking forward to burning n'wah.

im getting this shit

Aaagh, finally got it, only for the host to go to bed as soon as the character creation comes up. Damn.
What sort of builds were folks generally running? I'd assume that wacky wizards would be big.

this shit broke, i was in yesterday

Someone please host a server now (Â´ăƒ»Ï‰ăƒ»`)

I know it's not possible to create a spell of "divine/almsivi intervention on target", but is it possible to get an NPC to equip and enchanted item? If so, you might be able to create a constant effect "divine/almsivi intervention on self" enchantment and then get an NPC to use it.

OP here, severs up again. Need to find something to relaunch serb if it crashes overnight.

OP you absolute madman, you added mods to the server didn't you?

where the fuck do i get all of those now

download this

"GDR_MasterFile"?

NPCs will equip the best gear in their inventory
I know this from a bad experience involving a temple artifact that I didn't know was a temple artifact

thanks my man

also, OP, you should specify to people that the mods need to be loaded in an specific order, which can be arranged in openmw by dragging and dropping each .esm file in the list in the correct position

you deleted all characters right?

Downloaded GDR and it still says the load order doesn't match.

Here is the guide for mods you nigs.

There is a mod that adds party effect spells for the multiplayer
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45067/?

I'm not sure what to say.

Wrong IP/port in client config.

What am I doing wrong?

You downloaded mega.nz/#!QH4XmT4Z!0J5ZLnDSFzan8NghxPujqT5eRCcy_gKQFwnHvj0yxr8 ?

Is the server up?

Wait, hold on, is that me, as in CloacaFiend, being attacked by that guard? I wasn't a werewolf.

Go to nexus mods and download it as well it has the patch to 2.2. Use the mod manager. Fixed it for me

Not sure what you were, but it wasn't normal.

Well I should have been an argonian with a glass helm and a fire shield.

Yep.

Wait, download Sotha Sil 2.2? I already did that. And download the nexus mod manager?

Show me the command prompt when you try and connect I want to see your hash

OP here.
Currently making an Arena gamemode just like Battle Royal.
Hang tight (This might be on a seperate server)

Yeah man that's what I'm talking about. You see how your hashes are different for the server for that one mod. The way I fixed it was after I downloaded the mega link I went to the Nexus mod website look for that same mod and found the 2.2 patch and then threw the mod manager I activated it so it upgraded the mod. Fixed it for me

You looked like a werewolf, and your name tag when hovering over your model also said werewolf. Not to mention you sounded like a werewolf.

Thanks man, I'm in now.

… huh. First my name got swapped with JolteonOnahole's and then that.

Sure thing.

bumping the only good mmo ever made.

Hey Default, did the characters get wiped from yesterday? My name + password combo prompts me to make a new char.

The server was wiped because of the mods that were added.

Ditto.
Fuck, I was literally a few minutes away from killing Dagoth Ur when the server died.

:^)

I mean, he'll come back. I wasn't the Nerevarine or anything.

It takes 11 minutes to kill him.

OP Here
ARENA SERB IS UP
port is 7778 instead, I will host both servers.

The arena server gives you 4 minutes to loot and do whatever before being teleported to an FFA arena where players duke it out.
Server will then reset completely and restart allowing for multiple rounds

Hope some of you nigs wants to test it

Server is without mods!

I declare the enactment of the final solution upon the elven race. Halflings are also considered elves by the state.

Just switch the port? It's giving me the "not detected" message.

Same. Is it forwarded?

New thread when? Also I might try to host with my raspberry pi3 later. I wanna see how it works. I can just plug that bitch up right next to the router and let it sit.

And Orcs, too.

Fucking n'wah

Are skeletons okay?

OP here (again)
We can do alot of custom commands and mods for morrowind ourselves, especially on the serb.
I'd like to know if you wanted some special commands, example can be to display how many players are online and such. Y/N?

Sure, if commands are available put them in a pastebin or something

Wacky wizard, door locking pranksters

The fact you can go full wizard in this game makes the possibility for shenanigans pretty real.

Time to add some statues to the game.

The server fuck up? I can't get back in

You may not want it now, but you will need it in the future. As for other things, we might just have to tell the modders directly or post on their forums. Because there are a lot of things that should be added or modified before it gets to "the final release."

I wish we had halflings in tes. Halfling sex mods would have me set for a few years

You know that most of oblivion and skyrim mods are made from sex with everything?

uh oh, looks like I crash instantly when I log in now.

Maybe I havent specifically looked for it, but I've never seen halfling mods or halfling specific sex mods. I'll look into it I guess

Well, I seem to recall there being a body mod for little folk in Oblivion. I forget how into detail it went about body shape and all that, also recall it at the time being kinda fucky about clothing but that may have changed.

immersion ruined

I will try but I am not promising anything.

if you somehow can plop hitler's head on an imperial guard, that'd be glorious, only if possible
yes, i'm a faggot who likes to be immersed, even if shitposting in vidya
thank you

fuck it I'll post it in the thread maybe you'll respond here
yo default, it looks like my character got busted in a crash and I can't load into it now without my game dying on the spot. I can load in on a clean new character just fine though, so any chance you can figure out a way to move my dude to balmora or w/e? character was buttsauce btw

What are the mods for serber?

I was thinking that cutting his head, and using default body will be the easiest way to do it.

in that order

Thank you.

oh yeah dude, at first thought you were gonna plop him in

I will be adding /greentext as an official hotfix. You'll be able to type /gt for short.

Also, sorry for all the bugs and crashes. I'll try to fix most of them this month. I'm glad most of you do like the parts that work.

- David

QPt8aWRG

ded?

nod ded

What a time to be alive

Wait a sec, who is david? The guy who made the MP mod or the host fag?

What kind of stats does it have? Just ridiculously OP?

Its irrelevant but you can use that original banhammer without ban function, from the museum, and add a script for it.

what surb u nigs on?

Jesus, think of the potential this has guys. I have yet to dive in myself, but it looks really accessible for anyone to just host a server. Imagine what we could do later on if we rebalanced character progression to slow it down, made territory and resource mechanics, gave players the ability to create bases and factions with npc guards similar to what some of the original great house expansion mods did, etc. We could really have an amazing open source tes mmo where we could join factions and be part of a living world. The best part is we can all contribute by making our own tweaks and the like that could slowly be rolled in and adopted by the community at large until everything is perfect. My autism is starting to rev up, and I might just have to dust off my modding skills again to start making things.

This could be not only the neatest mmo ever made, but one WE made.

Oh right.

Back on the OP serb now.

hold on there, cowpoke, sure it's active on Holla Forums but i'm not sure anybody FROM Holla Forums helped, i could be wrong, so please correct me, just some TESfags did it, i believe

We may not have made the base that lets you play multiplayer, but we can certainly make the set of mods that makes the game what we want it to be. In that sense, it'd be uniquely our own.

sex mods when

with each player controlling motion ala QWOP, imagine the sweaty flailing user masses

never ever

not me, i'd at least choose a race made to give it, like a dunmer, khajiit and argonians are made to be sex slaves

I have a shield worth 115k, wat do with it?

bully mages, obviously

github.com/TES3MP/PluginExamples/commit/04a67181b19030cc0da8c9f0534e5430658e03a9

The public release has now been updated with this critical addition, as well as a server browser fix.

OP Here, battle royal will open again at a later hour, need to test it properly this time.

Seems like the MP mod man himself
see

I have a question about the compatibility of the "Morrowind Patch Project" which directly modifies the original MW.exe and tes3mp.
The reason i am asking is because the MPJ was the only way to fix the potion stacking exploit and i would like to reimplent that on the server.

I've spent over 30k in paying the Thieves Guild to clear me of bounties for murders (mostly players) at this point. The economy works.

You can just make potions expensive as fuck and remove INT reagents/make them scarce. Slight nerf to duration will also help.

thats sadly something you cannot really do with mods unless you spends weeks modifying every single "leveled list", be it shops, containers, monsters or world drops. Also you can really alter the pricing of alchemy (especially since you can do it yourself)

I am pretty sure you can just edit a couple of reagents that have INT in them. Just add some new reagents to replace them and make them rare drop from something OP.
Not sure how alchemy mods in general.

The Morrowind Patch Project is actually different from the Morrowind Code Patch:

en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project
en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Code_Patch

You can use the former with OpenMW (and thus TES3MP) but you cannot use the latter.

That's because OpenMW is actually Morrowind's engine recreated from the ground-up, with none of Morrowind's actual code.

OpenMW is an open source project, so potion stacking can just be fixed in its own C++ code by anyone who forks it. Its own devs haven't done it because they want to stay as true to the original Morrowind as possible, even if that includes a major exploit.

TES3MP is based on OpenMW, but only loosely affiliated with it. As such, we could independently add a fix for this for, say, multiplayer balance reasons. I'll try to do it for the next version.

- David

ANWrEQmc

alchemy is based around actual reagents, like theres a list of combinations. also editing every single reagents that gives int would take just as long. its not impossible but its still just a patchwork fix. the best would be to have a possibility of implementing a stacking fix.

Implementations like these would be nice, but make them optional in the config file to enable/disable. (You may already have thought of it this way)

fuck mate you're doing gods work.
i understand the devs not wanting to do it and it is good that way but for MP, potion stacking is just retarded.

3dmax is crushing all the fucking time. I guess I should have started with blender.

What the fuck are you talking about? Its only 3 reagents to change. Took me a minute to change them.
rgho.st/6nFqjYdYV
No more brewing Int potions.

WHICH SERVER IS UP RIGHT NOW?

Hi David! glad to see you here

Dude, you're talking to the dev himself. He's the one currently working on it. Stanislav ( Koncord) made the basis and David buit on top of it

When he said "i understand the devs not wanting to do it", he meant the OpenMW devs.

Anyway, we'll definitely have a server config option for potion stacking in the next version.

- David

T5rhFGN4

Blease have my children
Also awesome work man, you made the dream come real. Thanks for poping by.

Speaking of forking, if you remove potion niggardry on this server I will start a competing server

latest hotfix has server browser crash fix. it also added a greentext command for chat /gt
get it here github.com/TES3MP/openmw-tes3mp/releases/download/tes3mp-0.6.0/tes3mp.Win64.release.0.6.0.zip
it's compatible with the other version

thats fine. do whatever you want with your own server, thats why you can host your own.

m8 thank you. if you want any bug reporting i can write down anything i encounter (also ill try to get the server owner to report anything unusual if possible)

OP here, when i get home (2 days) i can host 24/7 so sit tight these next days if the serb crashes while i'm asleep.
The IP will change too when that happens.

Lads, lads.

We absolutely should start modding and adding our own mark, but look at the fucking opportunity here. We have the man himself, the core dev for the project, in this very thread.

We could make our own mods that will die out when people lose interest, or we could contribute directly to the actual project. This is open source, remember. We can feed into it properly. You want to leave 8/v/'s mark and better it, help make a properly balanced game? Contribute, in any way you can.

David, since I don't really know much about the codebase or the OpenMW engine (yet), how hard would it be to implement these, either into TES3MP or as a mod? I hate to go all idea guy on you, but my autism has kicked into overdrive here.

Again, please forgive me for going all idea guy on you, especially since I haven't had a chance to play it yet. But from the perspective of someone who spools up a fresh VM to host a server every time I see a game that looks like it would be fun to play with Holla Forums, I'm thinking that these would allow long-term, stable, relatively balanced play on permanent servers. In effect, a proper MMO - except Morrowind.

I am making Hitler statue. Its fucked up. 3dmax is crushing, blender require few versions (for nif exporting) and I am not familiar with it,

I am not him or anyone related to oMW 3MP
I think its really important to separate stuff related to MP and related to general general open morrowind. Unless both projects merge into one.
Had the same idea. Fastest way is to reset cells/interiors.
Redundant. All of it goes to balance related stuff and will be implemented by a different framework altogether.
Vanilla morrowind have lock spell.
Obviously it will be implemented.
Or may be p2p networks with built in torrent client. We already have browser for servers, its almost complete p2p client already.

Creativity is banned from Holla Forums to small boards because "creating content takes too much place and not enough place left for shitposting". Therefore some projects die because no one ever visits dead boards.

I think the most important part right now is implementing limitations for game breaking alchemy/enchanting/spellmaking in openMW, and afterwards implementing it in MP.
cont…

Also in relationship with p2p, I think its possible to make characters sharable between servers, since we already have meta server.

And in general I think Ve need to make default approved plugin list for generalization.

Oh, and btw anyone know general numbers for number of meshes for models in morrowind and resolution for textures?

Don't forget about Chat Channels. It would be really nice to talk to people near you without having to resort to interrupting global chat. Since this is still in alpha stages, it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

Ah fuck, didn't pay attention to the ID.

pls see

My line of thinking is purely MP. I highly admire OpenMW, but I'm not likely to use it for general play too much. Multiplayer is the draw for me.

Consider that one of the most appealing things of SWG was that you simply lived your life, doing star warsy things while still staying relatively grounded. Jedi were suitably rare (for a while), you weren't anyone particularly special. You weren't the hero of the main story, you as a character just were.

My personal ideal is something along those lines - except in Morrowind. Morrowind map, Morrowind mechanics. The problem of everyone simultaneously being the Nerevarine is a thorny one, but it can be addressed later.

From an MP standpoint, it's a good stand-in for guilds. Bonus points if the first person to a certain high rank gets to control membership and kick players out.

It would make sense to add the functionality as an option. Everyone likes housing, and it's comfy as fuck to put candles and odds and ends in appropriate places. I'm thinking it will require work on the MP end (LUA script?) simply because you're dealing with treating players differently.

I know, but not everyone will be playing a wizard.

Still worth stating.

The game is far too obscure to be able to rely on p2p, and with different mods between different servers, it'll just be fragmented even further. Pulling directly from a mod repo eliminates that issue.

Tons of potential for abuse if you let characters just roam around freely between servers. I'd consider that to be fairly low priority.

Keep in mind that all of this is slightly longer term. Custom items and stability seem like the highest priorities.

Honestly, I'd love to see proximity chat on both text and voice. bonus points for sound filters so high elves all sound higher pitched and whiney, dunmer are low and harsh, etc.

If you find a good animation for it that is compatible with OpenMW, I can make it triggerable through the Lua scripts.

This is already very doable. Just iterate through cell objects and delete them based on whatever conditions you want. Make sure you also update the timestamps that track when players last visited if you want the new data to be sent to them properly. There may be some bugs related to it, but nothing that can't be solved with a few commits.

Already doable. Just add a time counter somewhere.

Already doable. Try it out.

Disabling PVP requires a new OnPlayerAttack event, but adding it is certainly a priority.

You can arguably already limit faction membership. A Lua script can just annul someone's faction-joining packet if it's the wrong faction. It won't very elegant-looking for now, and you'll have to send players a messagebox telling them what happened, but it can be improved on later.

As long as the houses are pre-built, just add the ability for players to buy certain interior cells through a /buy command. Then you can just kick out anyone who enters their house without their permission. This is already doable.

Easy peasy, if you match different interior cells to their exterior doors manually. Just send an ObjectLock packet when a player uses your new /homelock command.

/homeunlock perhaps?

This is specifically planned, as of now, to be the main focus for version 0.8.0

I'll look into it. First I need to get some sleep.

- David

PHQGzFHM

Holy shit my dude, you are the best.

Also, since we're autosaging, I've archived the page.

archive.is/8gCF5

P.S.

For clarity, if you want to reset objects in cells while the players are on the server, you'll need to delete the states stored for the objects and then add the reverse states instead. It's a bit more involved and requires messing with timestamps as well.

If you're fine with shutting down the server briefly whenever you do a reset, then just delete all the states for the objects and they'll go back to their original ones.

- David

vjxSKYFJ

Lock scroll. Like in ultima online times where players create everything.
No. Everyone can made their own items with plugins. Everyone can do it.

Oh wow, the quests are already done and I can just claim the rewards.

we just cant let best thread die

It's past the event horizon.
There's no going back.

We're 221 replies over the bump limit user

sad. should we leave the creation of the op to a serb hoster? if that so please link the latest hotfix, this one

If you die while out of fatigue you just stay dead forever

NEW MOD
It's a small one though.
Remember to enable it LAST in the openmw-launcher loadorder!
And while we're at it should we do another poll now or wait for the new thread?

Shit
mega.nz/#!JGIThQBT!6SL8o_Uz1864QuliawY3FRZm4xkvfH3L90ikf_BAbGs

Dagoth_Fanfiction.wav?

We need a hand holding mod and Tamriel Rebuilt.

I will update the DefaultServer.ESP constantly.
First thing first i will add Dialogue options to Default Ur for server information.
I will also try to include any fixes into that esp

Just make one, my man. It'll let more people see the game and jump in, so we'll get more players.

New thread up