Amiibo have gone to far

>>nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-officially-confirms-that-metroid-samus-returns-fusion-mode-can-only-be-unlocked-with-amiibo/

Nintendo locked a whole hard mode behind an Amiibo.

The last fucking 2D metroid was released in 2004, and after 13 years Nintendo pulls this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Metroid-Samus-Returns-1234232.html#amiibo
n2elite.com/
nfc-bank.com/bins.php
kirby.nintendo.com/planet-robobot/amiibo/
youtube.com/watch?v=QJpRSf4q-hI#t=4.267521
archive.is/JFHfa
am2r-another-metroid-2-remake.en.uptodown.com/windows
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope people aren't expecting Metroid Prime 4 to be immune to this shit either.

Nintendo's theme.

They haven't gone far enough.

We need Amiibo Endings.
We need Amiibo Extra Health.
We need Amiibo Weapon Upgrades.
The possibilities are limitless, and they will beg us for more !

I hope the 10 cents per post last thread, threads?, was worth it shills.

Is it okay to post this sort of thing? Either way, everyone knew a few days ago when it was announced. At least they are being upfront about it rather than beating around the bush hoping to run the clock until it's shipped.

And they said Metroid Prime: Federation Force was the worst thing to happen to the series.

sage

The worst part is that in order to get it on an original model 3DS you have to also buy an amiibo scanner, so in the end you still have to pay at least $20+ even if you use NFC tags

They fact they locked a sound test behind an amiibo is even funnier tbh

We already have that in samus returns

>nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Metroid-Samus-Returns-1234232.html#amiibo

I'm glad fusion mode is connected to the Amiibo I was going to get anyway.

The other Samus Amiibo give extra missile tanks and energy tanks.

Amiibo locked online multiplayer with a limit on freind codes would probably be the zenith of kikery.

How about go fuck yourself
This is NOT okay even if they were honest

Call me when it's confirmed to be the case because Nintendo's lied about amiibo exclusivity before
Also this, amiibos are retardedly easy to spoof

I know about amiiqo and using programmable nfc tags, that doesn't mean this isn't a dick move.

I want to say this is b8 but I know better.

its not as bad as it could be.

ohai there

What

How am I justifying it? I have my doubts it's actually the case because I don't take Nintendo's word at face value where amiibo is concerned after they lied about UFO in Planet Robobot

What is this, some sort of bypass to the NFC problem? How does this make it any better you dumb faggot

Uh oh, is this #GG2.0?

n2elite.com/
nfc-bank.com/bins.php

>on disc dlc is okay because it's easy "cheap" to circumvent
Retards like you are the reason why nintendo got their e-reader 2.0 off the ground. At least a decade ago the normalfags knew this shit was a scam and let the e-reader flop.

Nintendo's actual theme

Yeah, but I still have to pay.

Completely forgot about that.

Anyone who was planning on getting the game was going to pirate which means you can unlock it regardless so who honestly gives a shit?

I see you are a man of great insight, the sky is the limit!

You shouldn't have the mindset of working around it instead of being completely against it so amiibo shit isn't there in the first place; Nintendo will come up with worse shit down the line like we have now with denuvo.
But you being a person who owns nintendo shit in any capacity at this point in time probably doesn't apply themselves to any consumer standard.

I thought people bought amiibo as a collectable toy and those serious about the games buy pirated versions that unlock everything.

this post seems the exact same as one posted a couple days ago, what's happening?
as always, nintendo is the biggest greedy jew gaming company, and thankfully spoofing NFC tags is easy if you're not a retard. you aren't going to get them to stop doing this kind of shit no matter what, stop kidding yourself, it's ingrained in their beings

(checked)
(checked)

You say that as a bad thing

Wasn't this thread posted before and it turned out the OP was lying about the content being only obtainable via amiibo?

It's Disco Jew

Where was it that the OP was lying before?

Does anybody have a source disproving me? I would like to see it.

Don't worry its not like they'll sell out or anything. I'm sure Nintendo will make enough of them this time…

No, you'll never get one but you'll get tons of people acting like they already posted it screaming at you to read it while saging and redtexting.

Up until now nothing appreciable has been locked behind amiibo, most expansive thing I can think of would be Sm4sh's AI fighters. Operating under the assumption what they have to say about the M2 remake is true then sure get fucking mad, but that's the assumption what they're saying is true when previous incidents have shown they'll lie straight to your face about what is and is not amiibo-exclusive
Hurr durr if you don't get mad about it on Holla Forums you're complicit with it and what it stands for, and the e-Reader flopped because the minigames they gave sucked ass and how they changed games that had accompanying cards wasn't worth the price-tag or the device. Arguably the e-Reader did more for games than most amiibo do, but again you're operating under the assumption that Nintendo isn't lying about amiibo exclusivity

I was wondering how the fuck you got Denuvo from Steamworks. Mate you can circlejerk about DRM all you like but Steamworks being easy to crack has no bearing on other methods of it and trying to compare either of those things to amiibo is hilarious, especially when all amiibo is DRM for is "here's your 20 rupees a day for tapping your collector's statue". Once again if it turns out they really are locking legitimate content behind amiibo for Metroid 2 then by all means get mad, but I'm not going to trust Nintendo when it suits me to do so

No, they were misreading the tag-line about "after completing the game" in the source a previous OP gave. Nintendo's statement is the amiibo unlock those things after completing the game once and it was misinterpreted as that you get it after completing the game once with or without amiibo

I can't contain all this smug

If its sells its not shit, user.

Fucking weebs

And you keep wanting to push it until they go too far? You really are the best goy.

The link outfits in BOTW were locked behind fucking expensive amiibo.

Welp now that you have outed yourself as a cock-sucking nintendrone that okay, can you humor me for a second?
Can you estimate how many threads have you defended amiibos for for free?

So the vidya industry isn't shit?
So Xbone isn't shit?
So Gone Home isn't Shit?

Don't try it. he won't acknowledge it

This

You're not supposed to stop reading when it suits you user

Call of Duty

POST YFW YOU AREN'T A WORTHLESS CONSUMER WHORE AND DIDN'T FALL FOR THE AMIIBO MEME
GET. FUCKING. SMUG

This is the defense you are going for? Jesus, even the normalfag goyim have more sense than that.

a better example would be fertilizer.

Once you learn to stop buying and stop caring, watching vidya burn is kind of fun.

How expensive those amiibo were was sheer kikery but I didn't care about them in the end considering the outfits they give you are all reskins for the one you get for completing all shrines

I'm sorry you keep ascribing undue importance and comparisons to DRM that don't hold up to little statues and then get mad and cry Nintendrone if somebody questions it

Fucking again, they lied about UFO being an amiibo-exclusive power for that Robobot Kirby game. They've lied before mate, still up on their page for the game even kirby.nintendo.com/planet-robobot/amiibo/

might as well join in

Keep assuming they are not going to kike you. I'm sure your parents won't mind the extra cost.

I bought two amiibos - Digby and Rover - because I think they look cute and sexy.

Also to hotglue at some point

kill me

I don't trust them, which is something you can't seem to get through your thick goddamned skull

How about Amiibo authorization?

If you can't grasp the concept of a video game company taking out and making you pay for content that would have been included in a game in the past, then you are lost.
Once again your standards as a consumer are set as low as miyamoto's ball sack

but your still doing it for free. I guess old habits are hard to kill

HOW ABOUT AMIIBO WORLD UNLOCK, but you NEED FIVE AMIIBOS.

Guys, what about an amiibo to unlock another amiibo?

Some fags were arguing "y-you can also unlock it just by beating the game! the amiibo just lets you get it sooner!"

How about amiibos that give the chance to unlock another amiibo's functionality. "Oh, you got this peach amiibo that unlocked this concept art. You can unlock this concept art OR randomly unlock another feature/item/whatever. Oh sorry, you unlocked a different concept art. You should buy the amiibo that unlocks what you want or try again with a different amiibo! :^)"

FUCKING GENIUS.
WHAT IF WE GET A GAME, THAT IS $40 AND YOU NEED TO USE AN AMIIBO EVERY 5 MINUTES.

This is a devilish idea, oh yes indeedy.

I grasp that perfectly fucking fine, but I wouldn't expect somebody who cries Nintendrone without thinking about it to not confuse "I am skeptical Nintendo's word is truth in this" with "I love amiibo"
Oh nevermind you see shills where there are none

I didn't know that not hyperbolically treating faggoty little collector's items like monoliths of DRM was equivalent to defending them, I've well and truly seen the light this day

Listen to yourself and replace the words nintendo with EA and amiibo with a 100kb dlc unlock key. Do you not see how foolish you sound?

If anything what amiibos do is comparable to horse-armor and even then tacked on as an extra since their primary purpose is being a little statue of a Nintendo character

Jesus, if you want a figure then buy a figure. Amiibos are kikery through and through.

Okay, get this. We take the amiibos we already have and put them in a box like we always do, but instead of showing the customer what amiibo they get, we just put it in a blank, generic box? That way, they won't even know what amiibo they're going to get, making their purchase much more exciting and our profit margins much larger.

They don't make figures of plenty of the amiibo characters.

I didn't knew that horse armour blocked Oblivion's hard mode behind a paywall

MYSTERY AMIIBO!? FUND IT.

You're still supporting on-disc DLC by buying them.

We will package the excess ones that wouldn't sell and call it a limited edition "first reprint" and say that the black boxes are to prevent scalpers from something something!

You will never be part of treehouse
Miyamoto will never love you
All the love you have for Nintendo will never be reciprocated

They're normalfag-friendly figures which cost ten or fifteen bucks in most places, and they have the tagline of being Nintendo-official and doing a thing if you slap it against a console's screen, whether they're ugly as sin or not (which they are good God that Marth one) doesn't factor in and if you're in the market for a better figure than amiibo you wouldn't be looking at those in the first place. Cheap and look okay for what they are considering the price and their intentions

Difference being we don't know if it actually is blocked or not until the damn game comes out due to Nintendo's previous track-record but Nintendo becomes a credible source the very second an opportunity for an ebic smug party comes along

Okay now you're just making shit up.

Loot crate autism + Amiibo autism = Pure Genius

You have a future in marketing.

Only one I've got is a Captain Falcon statue given to me as a gift, wasn't impressed by what it did for Smash

Those three would be new ones on me, what games do that?

If the amiibo just unlocked the fusion suit, that would be fine. I might even have bought the fucking thing, simply because I like the fusion suit better than the power suit. But making hard mode amiibo-locked makes me disgusted enough that I refuse to even buy the game itself.

But the worst thing is that I only see three outcomes:
1. Both game and amiibo sells? This becomes standard practice.
2. Only game sells? Nintendo thinks nobody wants hard modes in their games.
3. Neither sells? Nintendo thinks nobody likes 2D Metroid games anymore.

I feel bad for Nintendrones who haven't ascended to enlightenment like myself

Stores have slowly stopped because everyone and their mother is coming out with games that feature toys so nintendo has to compete with other companies on top of dealing with the fact that normalfags have short attention spans and you can see it by the amiibo sales. There is plenty of stock if nintendo was short sighted and made a glut of them after the "shortage".
t. ex electronics worker who got to scalp amiibo when it was profitable. The bubble popped a long time ago m80. The 660 ti video card I got for 30 dollars wasn't too bad though.

I honestly haven't seen one anywhere in over a year now, but I don't go to any stores that would probably have them besides Wal-Mart anyway so who knows.

the Cave of shadows in twilight princess
shovel knight co-op and hard mode for twilight princess
Marth and Ike in codename steam

You know this because you have defended amiibo shit before

So why defend it when you
CLEARLY
don't trust them

Nintendo doesn't mind being scum it seems to be you being the only one trying to keep up your holy image of nintendo

Just pirate the damn thing. If you have an android phone with NFC just buy NFC chips and make your own.

It might be an area by area basis. I knew around 6 months ago we had bins of those things we were putting away because skylanders a shit and their boxes were a piece of shit to display properly and for some reason kids fucking loved skylanders while normalfags, nuntendo fans you know the type, and some kids were buying the amiibos. The best feeling I had in that place was a kid that was around 9 beaming with excitement when he got to pick a game out by himself for the first time and made a beeline to MonHon for the 3ds. It didn't look like we had one but a few copies were in the wrong slot. Shit like that makes me wonder if I just like retail. I like helping people when they are not human pieces of shit.

Sage for borderline >>>/blog/ post.

Retail is fine when customers aren't pieces of shit. I just don't think the 99% shitty customers are worth the 1%. I work as a meat cutter and customers are fucking stupid. I wish I could talk about cooking with all of them but the vast majoprity of them just refuse to educate themselves and don't want to be told when they're wrong.

Yes yes. Those are the mental gymnastics I'm looking for. Mmm.

same fam

WHO CARES ABOUT THE INDUSTRY FUCKING OVER MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
WE, the minority, can bypass it, so it's fiiiiiine, I'm not mad now.

Too bad it's impossible in this age. I actually did some basic research about doing this and found out unless you are a richfag with a good amount of seed money no bank will accept you unless you hinge everything and then some in collateral. On top of that taxes and zoning permits will fuck you if you so much as sneeze the wrong way. It's for the best though, you are right that 99% of customers are fucking horrid to deal with.

Isn't Skylanders dead now or am I thinking of something else?

You would think so but before I left we were still selling plenty of those starter kits. Mainly for the 3ds and xbone. Was was a pain in the ass was a lot of the starter kits were in edgy octagonal boxes so we could only really display 3 at the most. You might be thinking of the disney ones. Those fuckers were in the bargain bin before I quit, kek.

Except that's correct.
I don't really care that OTHER people get fucked over, just that I don't.
Humans are naturally selfish. You can't fight it.

when Capcom does it:
when Nintendo does it:

Sometimes I wish Nintendo would be great again, but then I remember these (((people))) would get a kick out of it.

Nintendo has like this for decades, trying to fuck the industry up. All these years of screwing over dev's and throwing their competition under the bus finally caught up to them.

Didn't even know about Cave of Shadows, co-op mode in Shovel Knight doesn't need an amiibo on any platform after an update save for 3DS and Vita which don't have co-op to begin with (why it was amiibo-restricted in the first place I haven't the foggiest), Hero Mode isn't amiibo-locked in TPHD and you're thinking of the Ganondorf amiibo that doubles damage (which can stack with Hero mode for quadruple damage), Codename Steam was terrible

But I'm not defending it, coincidentally it's been two or three niggers telling me I'm defending it
They're scummy whether they are or aren't lying about it, they were already scummy for lying about amiibo with Kirby. Trying to tell me I'm putting Nintendo on a pedestal is laughable when this whole time I've been holding firm to the stance that they're probably lying about amiibo exclusivity

Nintendo is shit. Stop playing their games. They are all the same anyway (but still get worse over time), just play the old ones. And some people here actually bought that retarded console and buy amiibos. What a bunch of fucking faggots.

Get your shit taste out of here.

They could have forced people to play on hard and made them pay for baby easy mode, but the Nintoddlers wouldn't defend that. I bet that hard mode will be easy anyway.

At least they made good games. That's all that matters, they're all kikes anyway.

There were still a couple drones that tried to defend this shit with it being optional.
I wonder whast new excuse they'll come up with now.

This dumb fuck seriously thinks an amiiboo can actually hold the amount of data necessary to store an entirely new, or even rebalanced campaign. In reality it's a slightly altered file, maybe a single changed bit for fucks sake, that is like 10kb at most. What a faggot.

They crossed the line.
I didn't mind amiibo shit because until now they didn't hide important shit in the game. Stuff like costumes I didn't care about so I never got one of these things, because I thought they were retarded. But hiding a fucking difficulty level is too much, I mean to "make" the hard mode they probably just change a bunch of integers and be done with it.
What's next? Use the Ridley Amiibo to unlock the Ridley bossfight! Use morph ball amiibo to Metroid Crawl!
Maybe in a few months we'll get games that are entirely played by using amiibos, and retards will still buy them because this is the world we live in. I wanna hang myself from a tree.

/thread

they already did

0/10. Would toss overboard.

Nintendo has always been shit. They made a decent amount of good games until the Wii came out (that piece of shit was already selling itself to casuals through a gimmick), but they themselves have always been shit.

If it's even worth pirating.

Well, buying it used later for dirt cheap is alright. Not like Nintendo gets the money anyway. It's Nintendo, though. This shit will be fully emulated in a few years.

but like, an adventure game, like BOTW

How is that a mental gymnastic?

Go away, Wii baby.

Or are you also snickering about someone who buys Writable Media for his pirated Software?

New smash bros game.
The roster IS your amiibos.
But the amiibos that have characters that are not playable in the game just give you coins to use in the pachinko machine to unlock stage items like fire flowers and pokemon balls. Don't worry, we will mention it at the bottom of the back of the box. :^)

Amiibo-compatible Samus pachinko machine when?

Why are they even making this game? Might as well go full Konami. Nintendo can get away with anything.

They can, they're just "Boiling the frog slowly" per say.

they tried to pair with lootcrate when amiibo first came out, luckily very few people bought it

not quite Nintendo, but they did have the DK/Bowser crossover with skylanders

Some folks were unsure if this was "unlock early" or "unlock only via amiibo" with some dumbasses being certain it was a specific way.

Regardless, it's a dick move, no different than splatoon having 3 singleplayer campaign modes locked behind an amiibo triple pack.

As soon as pachinko becomes more accepted in nipland you will see that shit.

Makes me wonder what they will be doing in 10 years, if they're thinking long-term.

The richer good consumer goyim just might be paying Nintendo millions to have Miyamoto personally take a shit down their throats.

What the fuck? I was just joking. I didn't know that crap existed outside of some shitty f2p games.

I liked how they vaguely announced in Japanese that the amiibo stuff would be "unlocked after beating game", and now they're like "yeah you need to beat the game and have the amiibo." This shit is fucking awful, Metroid has almost always had soundtest, gallary, and a hard mode for free. Day one pirate.

Its all fucking mashups because its the only loophole they can get that allows them to sell copyrighted content. I hope you like starwars and zelda mashups every month, cause thats all you're getting.

It was actually unambiguous if google translate was accurate, not that anyone should've doubted the kikery potential when you think why they'd even bring up a normal unlock in an amiibo related graph to begin with.

YOU FAGGOTS LAUGHED AT HORSE ARMOR. YOU SAID IT WAS A NON ISSUE. NOW LOOK AT THE SORRY STATE WE ARE IN! WE ALL HAD OUR HAND IN IT, NOW LIE IN THE GRAVE.

Well, making games takes more effort than making 'give me all of your money' machines.

So it's not even officially licensed either? How do they get away with it?

Mashups are under the parody law. Its basically jewing the jews.

The Japanese wasn't vague, the shitty translator was.

That actually makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Its still resources wasted on shit noone wants.

Ironically, made by other Jews. It's satisfying when a Jew doesn't get his way, even if it's another jew changing the script. Anyone who thinks Jews have a unanimous agreements is a damn fool.

LOL

Fuck can't embed with picture

I've got news for you user, It already exists

fuck, forgot my pic

The best warning colors of a retard you should not waste your time with.

Well, think of it this way. The resources are now in the form of heavily depreciative crap that will get grabbed up in bulk later down the line and melted down into whatever instead of just being handed over to China on a silver platter they manufactured.

Jews love selling solutions to problems caused by other Jews.

I was in the thread that first talked about this, and all I can say is
SHILLS BTFO
Gloating aside, though, I'm absolutely fucking livid at the state of Nintendo. These piece of shit japs have officially lost me as even a potential customer. I was gonna wait for the holidays to consider getting a Switch, but honestly at this point why the fuck bother?

Welcome to my boat. I've been keeping it warm since 2006.

It's ok, I can wait for the PC port.

They already tried that with Zedla TP HD where some extra diffilculty was locked behind an amiibo.
And apperently it sold well enough to justify doing it again.
Expect that to become the new standard for Nintendo games, where more and more gets locked behind amiibos, since there are more then enough consumer whores that keep on buxing them.

For real though anons: Amiibo Piracy is easier now than it ever was, fuck Amiiqo or N2 elite, NFC 215 tags are cheap as shit pretty much everywhere, you can only write amiibo data to them once, but they're so inexpensive the cost of them in bulk is negligible compared to even a used Amiiqo or N2

I hate this reality.

If they keep upping the kikery the previous lesser kikery will start to look acceptable, just look how cosmetics have become a thing you need to buy in games instead of unlock.

I fucking hate each and every one of you faggots. Present company excluded.

I like this idea, that way devs could ensure that the player develops skill instead of using baby mode to blaze through the game like the journos like to do

I get a lot of enjoyment out of unlocking everything in a game, so this is enough to ruin my fun.

It's a common theme in human history where most people just ignore total red flags until it's too late, happens here too, remember how much Holla Forums used to suck off Yandev?

Jesus fuck, what a shitty time for completionists.

Hell, remember how much Holla Forums used to suck off gaben? Now I know why my parents hated the future, the future always goes horrible for anyone with a bit of sense.

So should we be weary of how much Holla Forums sucks off eastern devs? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah, it's not a problem. It's all fine. Nothin…
It can't be helped.

we truly live in the worst possible reality

I wouldn't go that far. At most they have a shitty moderation problem similar to Holla Forums. Either way, it's a real shitshow no matter which way you slice it.

Anyone who has turned their back on western devs and embraced Asian ones has shit taste anyway.

I know that feel at least we still have Holla Forums user

So exactly a moderation problem, lol.

I hate you fags, but I also envy you. AT least your mods aren't trying to co-opt you into neo-liberalism contrary to the boards formerly extreme positions

How is unanimous hatred towards Gabe Newell anything but a good development? Did you forget his response to paid mods or that tournament?

I mean comparatively, I can't blame them

Oh, yeah. I just found out about this. My Toys R' Us had amiibos for $5 a piece and I bought an inkling girl because it was cute. A month later I bothered to scan the thing to find challenge levels for charger weapons on the fucking thing, and it unlocked a costume. The single player mode is so damn limited, and to find out that there are challenges for three different weapon types not used in the regular single player mode is so god damn bullshit.

Nice little figurine for $5, though. Not worth whatever the actual price is, like $15 or $20.

Is that really the case? I dunno because I keep seeing threads about Nintendo that lie in the OP. I'm wondering if it's just trolling or if it's deliberately trying to taint any negative news about Nintendo as potentially being fake by associating those threads with lying in the OP.

13 fucking dollars in danmed near everywhere they're sold, it ludicrous

I see that stupid fucking tripfag posting very soon in his stupid fucking parade of stupid nintendo products forming a retard story, the moment I don't fucking see "fuck off" or some form of insult, I am going to be filled with disappointment for the fact that people still defend a piece of trash.

who ROB?

Yeah, I fucking hate that guy with my guts, blood and bone. Not because he's a fake army fag or a fake prison guard or a fake ass faker, but because he's a stupid fucking retard taking images of his autistic collection of nintendo trash and every single time it's the exact same joke, the exact same line, the exact same phrase, the exact same stupid idiotic mind-numbing propganda-tier advertising GARBAGE that is ROB. But the fact that he lied about all this crap, the fact that he still broke his stupid fucking 12 billion years vacation because he was still shliling his autistic amiibo-only tournament, I fucking hate him.
He spits out trash and no one takes out the trash, because Mark thinks it's still videogames, no fuck you. Simply saying "wow what NINTENDO videogames have you BROUGHT recently?" DOES NOT FUCKING COUNT AS VIDEOGAMES IF IT'S NOT THE MAIN FUCKING COURSE, MARK EATS SHIT AND ALL EATS IS FUCKING SHIT. I HATE IT, NO ONE IS TAKING OUT THE TRASH, THE STUPID FUCKING VOLUNTEERS, THEY DON'T BAN ANYTHING BUT ME, THE PERSON THAT DID NOT FUCKING DO ANYTHING WRONG. BUT IT'S NOT ABOUT ME, IT'S ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY PRIOITIZE THE SUTPIDEST SHIT, I FUCKING HATE BROWN, BROWN IS RETARD NIGGER. I HATE BROWN, HE IS THE WORST VOULNTEER. I HATE BROWN, WHAT A SHIT NAME.
NO MATTER HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES I REPORT THAT PIECE OF SHIT THREAD, IT NEVER DIES. I KEEP GETTING TOLD "JUST REPORT IT" - Mark (not a true quote). BUT NO, NO JUSTICE IS FUCKING MADE, THERE IS JUSTICE MADE BY SMALL STEPPING STONES BUT NONE OF IT IS FUCKING ENOUGH, WHEN WILL THEY REMOVE IT ALL. WHEN WILL THE 4AM STOP, I HATE SEEING IT AT FUCKING 7PM. BUT DAMN ROB THREADS, I FUCKING HATE THEM. THEY'RE THE SAME STUPID RETARDS THAT DEFEND HAVING FUN IN A FUCKING IMAGEBOARD ABOUT VIDEOGAMES WHICH IF YOU WANTED FUN YOU WOULD PLAY THE VIDEOGAMES, NOT FUCKING HAVE FUN ADVERTISING NINTENDO PRODUCTS AND FALLING FOR THE SAME FUCKING TRICK, ROB THREADS ARE CANCER AND I WANT THEM GONE.

You're making me wet.

Keep fighting the good fight

You guys need to relax.
Everything is okay.
Nintendo did it.

Why is this still live? Nintendo has confirmed they are video games and more into horribly cast figurines. May as well be pachinko for (((collectors))).

Nintendrone logic on overdrive.

Relax for what? The cucks living in Japan treated as second class citizens unless they have industry money? Forget those goys teaching English to those riceniggers treated like newhalfs or less.

I really didn't ever understand why ROB was popular to begin with, he is to Holla Forums what unboxing channels are to Youtube, except worse, because I'd hope most of us are less susceptible to blatant consumerism, especially now, and I'm glad to see that more anons are more consistently shitting on ROB, he kinda deserves it. Godspeed Caranon

Or are you Ren?

He's only popular within his autistic circlejerk. Everyone else wants him gone.

Nintendrones will defend this.

They wouldn't be Nintendrones if they didn't.

Raging Eurobeat Autist, is that you?

Sony niggers are going back. They're not niggers, they're wetbacks. Take one single instance you've interacted with one in the wild outside of an electronic vietnamese rice trapping commune.

Do Sonyggers even exist anymore? I hardly see any of them these days.

You lost me there. If I'm going to spend time here I may as well enjoy myself.

I recommend you rewatch

I don't care about the game, they will disappont no matter what, I just want a squishy amiibo of Samus' ass

I saw that file with the same filename posted by ROB-kun… big fan of him?

You're not saving yourself, wetback. Using niggers as cover is extremely shameful. You're all CIANIGGERS and on par with semites.

Next you're going to tell me that buger king Nintendo makes amibo dildos?

Treehouse, if you stay in Japan. I will come there and send you to the forest.

I have enough false friends from Japan and people from my past trying to find me. This is what anime used to be in the 80s-90s. Too bad you're moeblob cocksucking faggots.

At least /mu/ gas some taste

Africans don't want them back.

Too fucking bad for them, they are getting them back.

Stick them in Mexico or the Caribbean then. Or Liberia if we still own it.

I think they all killed themselves after No Man's Sky.

I read that in Page's voice

Wew lad he was being sarcastic

How big would said ass need to be to meet your standards?

You're confirmed for Australian

Haven't Amiibos died

Thanks for the laugh user.

youtube.com/watch?v=QJpRSf4q-hI#t=4.267521

Nintendo has been locking content with behind separate purchases since the e-Reader released in 2001, 5 years before Oblivion horse armor shit.
Amiibos are just a successful version of the e-reader.

The kike made no presence but their kikery, not an arm but a horrible lazy auto.

A kike will not know the point this is coming from. They are blind but for their own sadness.

So they aren't I thought stores are having to clear them all out because they're getting way too many of them and they aren't selling that well

I see you're a man of taste as well

Quality post.

Fucking nintendrones.

What did he mean by this

Yeah, cute girls are totally a new invention.

What did he mean by this

Don't forget that Girl and Boy amiibo are sold as singles, but you want the squid who unlocks the 3rd campaign with yet another costume behind it? You gotta find a 3 pack.

No wonder that one dude stole a whole fucking truck of amiibo.

Remember the last thread we had on this, with that one autistic user desparately trying to convince everyone that the amiibos didn't lock any content behind them.

I thought that was just for infinity and skylanders figures.

With him constantly calling everyone illiterate right after that one guy fucked off after trying to tell everyone they were biased? Yes, the script was a clear as day.

He was probably trying to convince himself most of all.

Wew, I bet the same fucking autist things Nintendo will make $6,000,000 dollars off them while not realising nobody fucking buys amiibos ever since false scarcity ended

It's for Amiibos too, I mean everything after the smash line didn't sell too well except perhaps the first lot of Woolly Yoshis and Gold mario

A whole truck?

Yep

To think there's actually a small hoard of that user's clones on halfchan/v/.

And I thought it was stupid that Persona 5 locked an entire difficulty mode to DLC that might one day no longer be officially downloadable, but at least that can be obtained freely (and in all actuality, from what I've seen P5 has a lot of free DLC out here, including certain costumes sets I'd have expected Atlus to try to milk all the money they could from). Meanwhile with this, it's either going to force those that would like it into paying Nintendo extra, or paying scalpers even more should Nintendo not run off enough amiibos for them to be available to the general public. At least, as far as intended means of acquisition go (I think I've heard something about ability to fake amiibo presence and effective pirate whatever content was locked to them, but I could be wrong).

Glad the last Nintendo systems I bothered with were a DS Lite and a Wii.

I still find it weird that people continue to be nintendodrones, I mean after the censoring shit I just stopped defending them and stopped buying their shit
Not sure how it seems like those fags are still going on though I think their numbers are decreasing

Is it possible to spoof amiibo directly through your smartphone? I dont really want to buy a bunch of nfc chips.

AFAIK all of Holla Forums still hates Konami for banishing Castlevania to the pachinko realm.

The one thing you forget is that this game in general probably won't sell well as the 3DS is seen as a last gen game now

I can understand the existance of Nintendo fanboys just due to Nintendo being a major childhood/casual brand. It's the XBox and Sony fanboys that baffle me.

And look at how Holla Forums who were at one point one of the most ardent defenders of Nintendo, Konami and Capcom now fucking hate them, and now the only thing we'd want from them is to fucking die and DMC5 made by Platinum

It's even worse because I guarantee you this shit is on the cart, except for maybe the costume, and you're simply buying a glorified .ini edit. Remember the "download_content_y/n" type files from Street Fighter X Tekken people found?

A shipment truck. Happened before splatoon 1 was released, got a whole truck full of 3 pack amiibo.

Company loyalty as well as their autistic dedication to Mario and Zelda makes them too scared to move onto something else after wasting so much of their life on them.

Just look at vid-related, one example of hundreds of Nintendrones that bitched about how problematic and "trannyphobic" BOTW was, yet still say they love Nintendo and want to keep buying their shit, despite disowning other media and companies for less.

For Xbox fan boys and half of Sony fan boys it's basically a form of Tribalism like how they'll defend their sports team to the death
The other half of Sony fanboys are the Neofag crowd who love Sony's interactive movies that are good to the narrative

Nintendo built up a ridiculous cult of personality pretending to be the customer's "friend". Cult of personality + Nostalgia is a dangerous combination, it's why things like Treehouse get away with a lot of shit because of Nintendholm Syndrome.

Sony makes sense. It was a massive brand for pretty much any electronics you could ever have in the 90s and it wouldn't surprise me if a third of people in every first-world nation on Earth in the 90s had at least 3 appliances manufactured by them. Xbox is just retards falling for marketing, nothing else. That's all Microsoft is now.

meant to say "up to the 90s" there

So he's going on about a creepy pedo insinuation while at the same time he's been caught ordering a child like sex doll and got arrested for it?

This worthless fucker gets it.

I tweeted him that news story and he blocked me instantly after like 10 seconds

So has he even commented on the matter

That was a different guy with the same name I'm pretty sure.

You ok user?

That's the joke

I honestly want people to do a skype argument with Mark to see if this is how he gets

What the fuck does the no avatarfag rule have to do with this

Yes it was another guy… I looked up his mugshot.

I think it's supposed to mean that it's a very broad and flexible rule, also
fucking kek

That's because Mark is a Jew

Trips confirm

Literally who

I think it's a popular party drug

They don't think they're Holla Forums anons at all, they're outsiders trying to get us to hate Holla Forums

They will attempt to destroy as that is all they are made to do.

Test

9/11

Yeah, that wouldn't shock me either. Plus, being Metroid, it doesn't exactly see Mario/Zelda/Pokemon tier sells figures anyhow out here. There seems to be a gulf in sales/popularity between Nintendo's big three franchises and their other offerings.

Speaking of which, is that what all those files you see sized as 100kb on the PSN are? Because those are usually quite small compared to the content itself being offered (and in the case of the aforementioned P5 examples, if they are essentially just keys to undo locked content, why bother locking it in the first place if it's going to be released for free)?

Any 100kb or similar "DLC" is just an unlock code for on-disc content. Basically the same as what's on an amiibo.

Yeah, they are literally just files that change a few lines of an ini file that unlocks the content. I believe in ME3, you could do this manually by changing a few lines in an ini file and get all the dlc for free.

(checked)

This fits perfectly with fire emblem. The best part is the fan boys would eat that up

I had a feeling Amiibos were gonna go down this path eventually, I just wanted a Mewtwo figure and that was it.

What in the fuck was that dude spamming for? I couldn't tell if it was a really autistic newfag who happened to learn some words from Holla Forums or a falseflagger from Holla Forums shitting up the thread.

Why in the fuck are these two boards so cancerous? /polk/ doesn't have this problem neither /liberty/

e-Reader was actually interesting bit of tech because it gave new content (like SMB3 level cards) per the programmed dot code on each card. One card with two strips was big enough to hold it's own small game (G&W, Pokemon TGC minigames), while five could hold a NES title like DK JR or Excitebike. And a pack of cards is cheaper than a figurine (and take up less space).
The biggest flaw of e-Reader was requiring TWO GBA and a Link Cable for it's use, would have been more efficient if it had it's own GBA game cart slot while it could insert into the GBA game slot. Always found it strange they didn't try incorporating the e-Reader in the NDS, the e-Reader seemed like the closest a non-online handheld got to expansion packs.

While amiibo just unlock content already existing in the game and a whole bunch of them have no use outside of a Smash/Super Mario Maker (Pit, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, etc and bizarrely Pokemon characters) and a whole lot of duplicates of certain characters exist with different functionality (Mario, Link). You want BoTW gear in Skyrim:SE? Fuck you Smash Link/Toon Link amiibo owner, you need BoTW Link to do that!

Really, why could they have not just released one of each nintendo character, and maybe a few special ones. There must be like 10 link amiibo.

imkikefy pls go

If you're somewhat curious, I think Holla Forums went the wrong direction when discussion of Trump's mostly jewish associates and connections with Clinton were pushed off in favor of the dream that Trump was singlehandedly bringing the fourth reich, as well as mods being total useless lugs who got rid of reading recommendations and actual discussion outside of news. being hopeful is one thing, deleting threads where discussion was pointed to Trump not being the Fuhrer incarnate is another.

sage for being heavily off-topic

Fuck you. There's literally nothing wrong with ROB. Mark says it's fine so it's final.

You want an idea of how bad it is?

Mario (Smash)
Dr Mario (Smash)
30th Anniversary Mario (classic colors)
30th Anniversary Mario (modern colors)
Mario Party
Gold Mario (Party)
Silver Mario (Party)
(Not out yet) Wedding Mario (for Odyssey)

And yes, some of these unlock different things, 30th Mario unlocks the BIG Mario in Super Mario Maker, while G/S Mario unlock stuff in Mario Party and even different collectables in Hey! Pikmin.

And now onto the Links.
Link (Smash)
Toon Link (Smash)
Windwaker Toon Link
OoT Link
Rider Link (BotW)
Archer Link (BotW)
TP Link
SS Link
MM Link

I can not understand why they thought releasing more than 2 variations of some of these was a good idea. G/S Mario do not need to exist for example.

If I was imkikey, I wouldn’t be saying Holla Forums is cancer. Try to keep up, please.

That’s the paid shill moderators’ narrative. Anything that goes against it is instantly banned. There’s nothing that Holla Forumsacks can do about it because jim protects imkikey.

Again, while its certainly bad enough when they're charging for keys to disc locked content (be it as digital DLC, or physical DLC like amiibos), why even bother with locking that content to DLC downloads in cases where they're just going to release it for free anyhow? Why not allow access to it straight from the disc? If it's "free for a time" I suppose that's one thing (and some companies outright remove the option to see that something was even available past a certain point if the viewer hasn't already downloaded it in their history), but even if it winds up being free forever that's just going to cause people to miss out on it once the service providing it gets cut (at least without having their system set up to play pirated games and DLC).

I miss the days where all the content a game was going to come with came on the disc or cart, saw a Director's Cut with substantial extra content/bugfixes, etc down the line, or at least had downloadable content where you actually got your money's worth from it (compare something like Genroku Legends, or Artorias of the Abyss, with shitty paid costume/attachment DLC). I was actually a bit surprised when Odin Sphere Leifthrasir came out with no DLC in sight (as far as game content, I mean; Atlus still put out paid avatars).

Guys, what if the only disturbers of amiibos were water warlords and you need a gold subscription to be loaned 7/22th of them?

I don't care if there was never meant to be sequel to Fusion, there's a lot of potential for new mechanics and cool shit. I don't like Prime Goddamn, this is suffering.

I've posted two threads about this in the last week and they both got shilled to hell and back with people claiming I was making it up or being paid by Sony. They have to listen now.

Maybe it's stuff they made after the disc was already in production.

I believe it was the case based on this from a previous thread archive.is/JFHfa

Is GameCube still classic Nintendo?
I don't recall them being very Jewish in their dealings with the cube other than the E-reader scam that really only popped up in Animal Crossing iirc.

If it's for an original release of a game in its original region, I can kind of understand that. But if it's for a western release of a Japanese game, where Japan's likely to have already seen its DLC come out by that point, it seems like it should be easy enough to just include DLC they're looking to not charge anything for as standard content in the base game. Instead it gets locked on the disc and requires a DLC unlock for new good reason.

Meant "no good reason."

You don't remember Four Swords Adventures and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles requiring a GBA and Gamecube-to-GBA link cable for everyone involved in multiplayer co-op? Certainly glad Namco didn't opt for Tales of Symphonia didn't have the same handling for that.

Welp, it's confirmed shit? Anybody got the download for AM2R? I've never got to play it yet, but I'd like to now

am2r-another-metroid-2-remake.en.uptodown.com/windows

nigger being jewish IS classic nintendo, people are just waking up recently even though they've been doing this kind of shit since the NES days.
Remember the nintendo seal of "quality", region lockinig, censorship, 2 versions of pokemon (with event exclusive pokemon since the first one), fucking over 3rd party devs, etc.

And to think I was a Nintendrone 2 years ago. Seems so long ago now.

That's the problem.

I don't get the wording either. Is the part in parenthesis (unlocked after beating game) another way of unlocking those things without the amiibo? The source is Japanese so maybe wait for something announced in English.

Maybe I've given them too much benefit of the doubt, but I just can't see them locking an entire game mode EXCLUSIVELY behind an amiibo with no other means of getting it. Their practice of forcing you to beat the game on normal before getting hard mode is unfortunately a common thing. I should hope hard mode at least introduces more than bullet sponging if you have to beat the entire game to get it.

Worst case scenario, anyone with an Android device that has NFC capability can buy a cheap NTAG15 chip and do a one-time write of the amiibo data onto the chip (they're not re-writable) then use that as a cheap amiibo substitution, or use some cheats on a softmodded console to get the content. I would suggest softmodding and piracy regardless to evade giving them money because whether this is true or not they've engaged in enough butchered localizations to never be forgiven as long as they live.

I think Nintendo assumed that with the GBA-GCN sale ratio of 6:1 they thought there was a lot of overlap between ownership of the two systems which unfortunately they were very wrong about.
The real jewy was the GCN-to-GBA cable, over it's cost and single function use. A better design option would have been to allow the GBA Link Cable to plug into a GCN cable halfway or port adapter instead. The former requires a GBA only owner to have an extra cable they won't be using regularly (or a GCN/GBA owner to have purchase extra cables they won't be using unless GBA using friends come over), while the latter option is a multipurpose link cable for a GBA only user who is also friends with GCN/GBA owner.

There are people on there who like Other M, so this is no surprise. Casuals will eat up any turd served to them and smile.

It's okay when nintendo does it.
Also, where are the subhumans from previous thread saying that you do not need an amiboo to unlock this shit?

Pretty much this. Nintendo has put up the illusion of being the whimsical willy wonka factory of game development, it goes back to cult of personality combined with blind Nostalgia. Nintendo did a lot of shit in the past, it's that now people are awakening from their Nintendholm Syndrome and realize that they aren't as perfect as they remember them to be. All companies need to get criticized when they pull stupid shit and Nintendo is no exception.

Still in denial

You're responsible for this.
I hope you know that.
Also
You still are. I'm a firm believer that people cannot change. You're a ticking time bomb of autism.

The problem with locking content behind amiibos, even if it's worth the ~13 dollar price tag (it usually isn't) is that once amiibos go out of production and get scalped to death there's no way to unlock the content except by hacking it in.
The good news is that all it takes is cheap NFC spoofing to unlock that content, or even better, just hacking the system and modding it in automatically.

Don't you mean blind nestalgia?

I must be quite the drone, buying a whopping one game in 2 years. How about you quit being a faggot.

Wait until Mario Odyssey and they'll be back on the idiot shill train.

Classic Nintendo delivered, though. They used their powers of slant-eyed jewry to create several of the greatest gaming platforms of all time and multitudes of fantastic games. Consumers weren't on the receiving end of their jewry for quite some time, it used be the devs and publishers they jewed hard.

Nutendo is maximum over-jew 24/7 and they don't deliver. Them, Sony, and Microsoft are all utter dogshit but they each have a slightly different stink.

The only amiibo I have ever bought was the Chibi Robo one since it was in a clearance section bundled with the game for 5 bucks and it will be the only chibi-robo merchandise to exist.

You got it on point.

It was nintendo, not Sega that should have died in the 6th gen.

the variations make sense from a profit point, release more variations and people will rebuy characters they already have, people are more likely to buy Mario, than a boo, and it worked, at lest for the Mario's and Zelda aniversery

It would have been a completely different industry. Wether it be for better or worse, that's up to the imagination.

This is pretty damn good so far. Anybody have a good keyboard layout? I don't have a controller or the money to buy one

You know genuine criticism based on confirmed facts is tainted by this behavior don't you? I can't help but think this is a deliberate shill operation to make any thread containing negative news about Nintendo a gaggle of tryhard circlejerking thus taking heat off Nintendo from the sheer idiocy of anyone criticizing them.

I'd considered in the past buying the Shulk one since I loved Xenoblade on the Wii and the the west isn't likely to see anything else out here for it beyond the game (though I hear that France somehow got a shipment of The Secret File as a VERY limited preorder bonus; have to wonder if they even bothered to translate that with that small of a print run being done, or just left it as a JP text only artbook). Never did though, namely since I would have only been getting it as merchandise (no 3DS or Wii U here), and with all the shit Nintendo (both the JP and NA branches) keep on pulling, I remain glad I haven't given them any money since seventh gen.

Faggots gonna fag user. Wait for another splinter chan and enjoy the good conversation for one or two years until they fag their way over there too.

Don't attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity, I think these continued threads are more than enough repeat evidence that those types aren't actually interested in the subject beyond whinging about Nintendo and amiibo/DRM (note they'll trust Nintendo implicitly if their own word makes them look bad but otherwise they wouldn't trust a single word out of the company's mouth) and posting epic smug anime girls. Chances are they're just salt-party niggers trying to force another one, those types have been scraping the barrel for new things to spam smug images about ever since DmC, ME3's endings and TOR spoiled them happening all within the same timeframe and since then much lower-scale things have happened and never with the previous fanfare

I actually expect Odyssey to underperform.

ISIS would probably do it too. Why do retards have so much disposable income that they support this? Why can't they just let it die?

It alreeady happened with Zedla TP HD.
It'll happen agaiun and again and again…

Nobody is trying to force anything though, it just is.

Just say Sonyggers. Its the only argument you Nintendrones have when confronted with criticism or when their precious company is caught with its pants down.

He'll just ignore your point and find some bullshit excuse to defend their actions.

Now with an obligatory alternative chan shilling.

Amiiblows are cancerous.