Weekend Gamenight: Simon and Garfunkel Edition

Weekend Gamenight: Eternal Silence
Come play Eternal Silence with us faggots. It's pretty much what happens when Battlefront 2 and Titan mode from Battlefield 2142 have a sourcemod baby. Fully three dimensional dogfighting and massive gunfights in the interior of the ships for walkingcucks. Also, apparently a lot of folk/filk music.

Where can I get it?
Legitfags (free source mod): store.steampowered.com/app/17550/Eternal_Silence/
Piratefags/I-hate-Steamfags: [insert link here]

How do I connect?
Server name: Infinity_Gamenight
Password (if needed): infv
Don't panic if you can't see it, just open the console and type 'connect 45.63.1.241' without the quote marks.

Piratefags will have to extract it, run EternalSilence.bat and manually connect to 45.63.1.241(open up the console and type 'connect 45.63.1.241'). If you can't open the console the default key should be `, you might have to tick 'enable console' in the game's options.

We're probably not doing Sunday this week so last chance fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Cp4zEBaA!MjjisOiQd9Qm2VWZ5JDpLa-imsTe9sCCpw1LWQaOASk
store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16
files.catbox.moe/s9l4ju.7z
soundcloud.com/daftb0t97/moonbase-oddity
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FAQS
Use the normal spawn menu, the ship will disappear if left unmanned for about 30 seconds.

Once your team captures a point you can spawn on it like spawning in your own hangar.

Some guns seem not to show it, mostly for the hacker class.

Let you capture objectives a bit faster and has a remote-control turret.

In the Strike phase try to destroy the enemy corvettes, after that the game will enter either the Attack or Defend phase depending on how well your team performed and that's pretty self-explanatory. You can spawn in gunships if you want to be a marine and shoot niggers inside the enemy ship. If defenders hold long enough then it'll go back to the strike phase. There's also two ingame tutorials and an ingame manual that I'm sure none of you will bother with.

Mods will unsticky and autosage the last one, don't worry.

mega.nz/#!Cp4zEBaA!MjjisOiQd9Qm2VWZ5JDpLa-imsTe9sCCpw1LWQaOASk

how many on right now?

thread theme then

4, we literally just started user.

Old thread here:

Now 6.

How to get third person ship view?

P by default.
Hit G to get targets.

Thanks faggot

Will be in soon

I don't think we will have many anons on tonight honestly, not when a free game about trees and plants was discovered.

Well it'll probably distract Al_Gore…

What game is this?

I'll join in a couple of hours and then wait for the US peak.
Night shifts suck/rock.

We're up to 10 now user/

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE TREE-user

coming fags

Before I get on and play Simon & Garfunkel here's a couple webms from last night I meant to post

turret master race

14 in now.
(((Blue))) = jew.

This is good.

the pace is picking up

Shit this looks fucking great downloading now. Does work?

Yes, though you won't notice it much.

UP TO 17

Well we've already got the peak we had yesterday.

You were already losing Redcucks
We did you a favour

We've changed from that infantry-only map now fags.

The game crashed for some reason, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Yeh, it happens on map change sometimes.
24 fags on, I think the cap is 32 and we forgot to put up an overflow server so first come, first served.

Correction: it's 28, they've just gone off the bottom of the scoreboard.

oh turns out I have no idea how this works help

1. Download that file
2. Extract it
3. Run EternalSilence.bat
4. Press the button below esc on your keyboard
5. Type connect 45.63.1.241 and press enter
That should work. If not describe the exact issue and I'll try and help.

Full dropship, go!

didnt see the bat. I'm retarded. Joining

My game keeps crashing on this new map.

When I said I was getting single digit framerate, I wasn't kidding.

The game often crashes on map change.

Is anyone else getting this issue? If so we'll skip, if not I'll post here when it ends.

maybe is getting it?

Also don't worry user, even if it's just you crashing I'll move to nextmap after only one round.

It does normally crash for about 10% of anons on map change though, you could also try turning graphics settings down. Worst case the map will end in 20 mins tops.

Happens to me, just gotta keep rejoining.

(checked)
Sweet, can you post in the thread?

WITH BLUES
YOU LOSE

Right, i'll let this round play out the end the map early (1 round instead of 3).
Will post ITT when it's over.

BANE IS ON THE SERVER
kinda quiet though

I cant find the console key. It's not the one above tab and it's not on the control binds menu. I also tried smashing all the keys

I think it's more that the folk music/americans calling each other cucks are loud.

So can I play this shit standalone or do I really need HL2?

Bane from gmod? How do we know it's him?

ALSO FAGS WHO ARE CRASHING, SOMETIMES RESTARTING STEAM AND/OR THE PC WILL HELP
Also turning down graphics settings maybe.

Did you actually tick 'enable developer console' as a distinct option?

Someone called Bane doing Baneposting, that's all I know.

You need to own at least one source game on steam to play it legitly (L4D2, CSS, HL2 etc etc). If you don't have one use the piratefag version here (it doesn't even need a steam account)

store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16
If you own one game on this list you should be able to just download it and play from Steam. If not use that mega link and follow these instructions

Yes, it is ticked by default. Also tried unticking and ticking back. Also tried to connect from the browser but there's no manual connect option there. So I guess I cant play this game

no, some dude named bane doing actual baneposting

Game keeps crashing when I join the server. How do I skip the loud intro?

To get access to the console, I needed to right click the game in my library, click options, general, set launch options…
There you will find a box where you type "console" without the quotation marks.
Press Ok, cancel and then see if it works.

Does the console open on other source games? Have you tried googling 'source game can't open console'? It might be because you're on a strange keyboard layout.

Give me a second to google it. Also I don't think it likes running windowed. Also restart Steam.

Well I'm using the pirated version but iirc I just have to make a shortcut and add -console on the address

Try right clicking on the game in steam, 'set launch options' and type -novid.

I shall summon our more competent technical advisor, please hold.

Yep it works, thanks.

MAP HAS CHANNGED FROM THE CRASHING ONE TO A NEW ONE

He's working on a solution for you, 5 mins.

Dont worry I finally fixed it: I had to add -console on the shortcut created by that steam emulator. Thanks anyway

If for some reason anyone else using the pirated version can't get the console working, extract this zip into your eternal_silence folder and it will automatically connect when the game starts.

files.catbox.moe/s9l4ju.7z

Oh well, good to hear it's working.

If you need anything else post ITT, one of us two fags will help you.

That should work for legitfags too right?

If it's installed through steam you'll need to open the first folder in the zip and extract the steamapps folder into your steam root folder on whichever drive ES is installed on.

I wish I could turn them lower.

Does this new map work for you at least?

The game works, just badly when in crowded rooms.
Let me try this map now.

I'm afraid to ask user but what type of potato are you on? If it's really bad try running it on a smaller resolution of the same aspect ratio as your monitor.

welp I'm tired and I gotta sleep for work, have a good one

Is it just me or are station maps hilariously one sided to the point that the station defenders can fight like complete retards yet still win?

nigger did you mute me

Anyone else joining the game and being completely unable to spawn?

See you user.

They do more damage but are much harder to defend normally (as in attackers will be able to land).

Red team keeps losing their last spawn point.

I went in and they had 2 of their 3 corvettes still up so I highly doubt it was that.

Oh, is it working now?

make sure that the class isn't full and also try clicking on the button above dropship spawn/different points on the map

Nope

Class wasn't full and tried that. Still wouldn't let me even after restarting the game. Think I am fucked for tonight gents.

Have you tried pressing , and changing to spectator then into a team? What about restarting Steam?

I'll keep that in mind next time it happens. For now I need a break.

Enjoy user, we're sitting on about 20 people right now and I'd expect it to go up with claps showing up.

Anyone got any resquests for specific maps or whatever?

I'm already running it on in 960x600

Oh dear.

Eternal silence 64

the loud(but good) micspam, the loud cunts on mic and the zip zoopity flying actually disorientated me and now i have a headache fuck

same here
getting old sucks

Oh shit it's low-res TF2V user.

IF YOU WANT TO MUTE A PLAYER PRESS ESC AND OPEN THE PLAYER LIST

where's the fun in that? I ENJOY MY BODY SHUTTING DOWN

Already using a different name to prevent persona-fagging.
But yeah, it's still lil' ol' me.

FOR WHAT PURPOSE

sometimes the class list doesn't update. Try switching between them all if it happens again.

Try piloting shit while you're completely wasted
Then try doing it with a hangover induced splitting headache.

I rode this shit multiple times in a row while massively drunk on a college trip and it was somehow a less nauseating and straining experience than piloting these fucking ships.

>>>Holla Forums

It's easier with a joystick, or so I hear.

You can also make it quiter by going options-voice-recieve volume.

what you need is the THRUSTMASTER

New thread theme.

What shithole do you live in user?

clapistan vpn

11 FAGS ON, USA HOURS HAVE STARTED
Anyone expecting teamwork/coodination/anything but shitposting and firearms leave now.

Oh dear.

Make that 17.
Also Lain is apparently /abe/core.

I hope I'll hear this during the clapistan mic spam:
soundcloud.com/daftb0t97/moonbase-oddity

For those wondering what /abe/core might entail.

Always knew you guys were fags.

THIS IS THE NORMAL ED

even worse

THIS IS THE MODIFIED VERSION FROM THE GUNFIGHT IN THE FINAL EPISODE
THEY'RE FUCKING DIFFERENT
Yes I'm a little bit triggered.

Are you guys on Mars or something?

Honestly that's a bit weird c҉on҉sidering҉ it҉ was working ҉earli҉er

It's fucked and seems to show ~8 hours worth of users, connect by IP.

This still going?

There's a banner in here somewhere.

Last night we went on for about ~5 hours later than this, numbers spiked massively about ~2 hours from this time (I think west coast anons?, not 100% sure).

In other words yes, still going on. Currently mostly americlaps and a few eurofags who apparently don't sleep much.

how about msc

How many now?

Like I said: night shift is a bitch.

Every time.

Blame the shitty defenders for that.

nice
I still don't understand how they managed to destroy all three cruisers and capture all subsystems within 5 minutes.

it actually doesn't take much to remove corvette. One bomber can do it very quickly without harassment.

Has nothing to do with shitty defending, since everyone has the same spawn timer by the time defenders can clear their ship it's already gg.

It's fairly easy for defenders to push them out user, it just takes a little bit of coordination.

Been playing all day, haven't seen a team who gets boarded first win.

Well you are expecting coordination from anons, that's fairly silly.

american ones at least, though I didn't see european defenders win back a round either

Successful at it for a few thousand years user.

The flight planned i filled with the UTF lists me, my men and dr pavel. But only one of you. First one to talk gets to stay on my dropship.

*external shot of dropship intensifies*

Current topic: lets buy a 50k island from Canada and form a monastic order.

now im not saying we should reenact the plane scene using eternal silence but if the planetside 2 fags could do it then god damn it so can we

11 fags in, join up niggers.

But baneanon already left.
How would it work otherwise?
I think I've covered everything, the one thing I'm not sure about is organization (it's possible we'll meme it into reality though, this is the most players this sourcemod has ever had) and mic quality.

He's back actually.

I'll post here when the CTF map is over.

dont need voice actors, just overlay the real plane scene audio and yes baneanon is back

CTF map is done now.

bu-but muh cringe …

dont let your memes be dreams

PRESS ESC AND GO TO OPTIONS TO CHANGE YOUR NAMES FAGS

16 fags on, (((blue))) cucked as usual.

Whoever's recording better remember to turn off his HUD entirely

You can actually record a demo of the game playing and then rewatch it in full 3D/moving camera around.

Game is fun as fuck and I love to chew ass and kick bubblegum, but I'm afraid I'll go blind with the amount of time I spend playing.

My hand cramping up is a bigger problem than my eyes personally.

IF ANONS ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS WE CAN DO IT ON SUNDAY
The gamenight with actual gameplay ends tonight though.

the round with the plane scene music was the best round of this weekend. And the fact nuclear played right after and the rounded ended was perfect

That was my bad. I pressed the wrong button.

fuug where is screen shots saved again?

on steam, right click it in library and hit view screenshots

That was fun.
I love these gamenights, from titan jousting to shitty 90's anime techno music being played through voicechat it brings back the good memories of days past.
Even if I did nearly kick a hole in the wall out of frustration.

Because the 'are traps gay' vote came out yes?

2real

oh sweet
Speaking of moving cameras, I thought instead of using another pilotable ship as the BANEPLANE, we could simply film the CRASHPLANE flying/hovering underneath a frigate ship and moving the camera angle upwards to create an illusion of a frigate moving above the plane.

Oh, that would probably work actually. You'd have to ask propaganda-user.

No, I'm just a sore loser, especially if I get oneshot-ed by regular assault rifles.

it's probably in the same place as mine:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\34932934\760\remote\17550\screenshots

\760\remote\17550\screenshots
That's the relevant part.

Never underestimate the stupidity of man.
I know from personal experience.

Still 10 fags on.

What did you do user?

got one last round in before work, was good playing with you guys

Same here user.

gonna start that project reality download and shit now, probably do a SHA check so we all have reference for that file download

well let's see
>caused my parents to have a panic attack after misremembering and misinforming some family friends, which led me to play like 3 hours of PSX on a resort street using said frends' money, while my parents were looking for me got my ass spanked or whipped rather by a surprisingly tough bush twig that night. ass had to be treated with alcohol to prevent infection
and that's just me, there are 7 billion people in this world with a shit average IQ and all of them pretending to know what the fuck they're doing.

I noticed there are a lot of 5's in that post.

please tell me it wasnt YOUR 5-foot log

Good idea.

Jesus christ user, though your parents should have backed up important data like family photos.

surprisingly Project Reality has a SHA 1 check already in the torrent details

Well they have been organising it for a few years now, maybe it's a common request.

ES Cucked: I am still going to try joining but textures are still loading.

You've got an error?

There's still a few fags on but we look to be winding down so here's the link to the reflections thread: >>>/radcorp/1213
Give us feedback, post OC and so on. You can also use this thread but it will only last for maybe 24 hours once unstickyed, the /radcorp/ thread is essentially permanent.

Also really, how did we survive back on halfchan with only one file per post?

Warband host, your serb isn't visible btw

whoah

How did that happen?

like tears in the rain

So when's the plane scene filming taking place?

I heard some talk about East Coast times, anyone got any preferences?

Was not showing up part of your plan?

I showed up twice, once during the day and once during the night, noone was there.

That's supposed to be tonight, see

Poor organisation strikes again.

Do we want to try and organise it now?

Why not. Server is back up, I'll hop in.

Quick headcount: how many fags would like to go film the plane scene now?
I have three-four ready myself.

im down to clown

We're in now.
Anyone who wants to film it get in.
Also mods might want to bumplock the thread so we don't annoy anons by bumping it. Will report it.

And I was just about to try and softmod my Wii properly this time.
I'll be right there.

Wew.

Server restarting, we're almost done fags. I'd say 20 mins more tops.

Working on those demos now

Since it just happened to be small enough to post, here's what I've got so far of the plane scene. Looks like some of the timing is off but I'll tweak it.

Bane turned out to be a real hothead when it comes to timing and pace.
And fuck I thought the "speech bubbles" were invisible.

My suggestion for reshooting would be to have one guy completely off-camera to micspam the actual scene so we can pace ourselves properly.

i like how it turned out, but we really need to do it in front of the actual dropship

i tried my darned hardestif we want to keep the actual timing and pace ill have to imitate each and every voicewhich i can gladly do

You did a fine job.
I'd like to see this dubbed thing blow up and become popular and then for the version of us actually acting out the scenes to come out and embarrass us all.
It'd be like one of those comparison pics of a pronstar with and without makeup.

im sure the videoanon could make a "Behind the scenes" or gag reel of what we did for documentation purposes

That looks bretty good, shame about the speech bubbles but it works for me.

what a shame
nice work with what you got though

I know, if it doesn't include the overacted "BANE?" line, I won't be happy.

I was planning to, yeah.

If we do reshoot the scene it would be nice to have a second person recording a demo but we'd need another person that isn't acting.

to be honest we'd need at most 5 or 6. 7 or 8 would be perfect.

Let's see how the current version looks when it's closer to finished first.

we doing reshoots tonight? serb's down

Probably not, we're not going to need them it looks like.

For anyone wondering the plane scene is about 60% done, it'll be posted on /radcorp/ when we're finished since this thread will be ded (also in next gamenight's thread).

Not tonight but

Here's what we have so far, with the original film wherever we don't have footage. We'll need to film that, mostly exterior ship stuff.
maybe i can paste something over his face

it's the sweet cherry on top of this shit sundae