3DS General

So I bought a New Nintendo 2DS XL today.

If you have any questions about it, I'll answer them.

Also, 3DS General.

Other urls found in this thread:

etsy.com/listing/536051389/nintendo-switch-inspired-fidget-hand
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-tn-and-ips-displays-which-does-my-3ds-have.409925/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ROB is that you?

doesn't your autistic ass already have like 40 3ds systems?

No. R.O.B. is a character in a series of controversial threads on Holla Forums. Let's stay focused on the topic at hand.

No, because they only released, like, six so far.

What firmware did it ship with?
Puyo Puyo Tetris.
No.
I bring it with me in my pants pocket when I go somewhere. Sometimes I pull it out and play it in public when I want to be an asshole.
No.
Sage because we already have the 3DS Homebrew thread.

Is there any point in buying a 2DS XL vs your standard 3DS XL?

I noticed you stuck a tissue in the 2DS. Is there a problem with the clamshell design fucking up the screen like with the O3DS?

Now that really depends. I'd say if money was an issue, then the 2DS XL may be a better choice, but there is a bit of an odd design choice with it. The speakers, which used to be on the left and right side of the top screen in every clamshell 3DS model up until now, are located on the bottom part of the system where your hands will be.

What it DOES do better is having the Micro SD accessible without having to tear open the back. That was a step backwards with their New 3DS XL model.

I'm also someone who actually likes to use the 3D feature in games, so I'll probably end up sticking with my New 3DS XL. In anycase, this thing is a lot better than the original 2DS.

I don't know, but until I get screen protectors on this thing, I'm not taking chances.

I have not purchased another game since MH4U was released, occasionally play SSB4 I got from a friend though.
New 3DS XL with Knuckles made it worth using, helps with hunt immersion.
Not really, if I ever do I have it in my pocket when I shit up a community bathroom.
Nope.

Get outta dodge ya meme loving fuck.

How's it feel compared to all the other 3DS/2DS versions? Any problems with the buttons/clit stick?

Every promotional picture I've seen makes it look like Fisher-Price trash. Is that impression borne out in person or is it actually good?
Or to put it another way, does it feel more like the old 3DS or the New 3DS?

Actually, just found out that opening the flap to the Game Cartridge / MircoSD slot to change out games is going to get old real fast. They shouldn't have put a cover over the game slot. That's a silly design choice.

It's actually comfortable to hold, but everything else is either comparable or on parity with the New 3DS XL in regards to buttons or the C-stick.

It's definitely more towards the New 3DS, what with it's C-stick, extra shoulder buttons, and the ever-important NFC reader.

It just costs less because the 3D feature is gone, which is no longer something Nintendo prioritizes anymore, given the bevy of games coming out for the 3DS that doesn't have 3D features, like Sun and Moon, Mario Maker, and Miitopia, I think.

What the fuck

Rob, IS that you? Also, homebrew that shit.

3D in X and Y was terrible. It only worked in battles and made the framerate drop by at least 50%.

How much does NoA pay you to shill in this god forsaken hell hole?

Part of me wants one just because I'm sick to death of the glossy finish Nintendo have been using up until now (that shit is a dust, fingerprint and scratch magnet compared to the matte finish they used to use, and while the standard N3DS does have a matte finish it's too small for my liking). Gloss has no fucking business being on a device that you actually have to touch.

Though my current 3DSXL already has CFW on it and I'm not sure if it's possible to do the same with a 2DSXL. I think I remember reading that it was doable.

How are games on it compared to the other 3DS'es? Does the screen look better or is it further crippled?

Hi ROB

Why do you need another one?

answer

I think it's actually rob and he got embarrassed he got caught. Nigga needs to change his sheets and not be so blatant.

I thought he was pretty aware of it, I mean he takes the pictures with his vidya collection in plain sight, types exactly the same, and to top it off, he was his DSC0XXXX.JPG filename on his images. I'm pretty sure he's doing it on purpose. He can't be that stupid Right?
Look! A Nintendo Switch Fidget Spinner!

It even has little removable Joycons!
etsy.com/listing/536051389/nintendo-switch-inspired-fidget-hand

bump

ROB's not hard to miss though, just keep an eye out for the latest Nintendo worshiping thread

I'm saying it's almost he can't resist posting pictures in a certain way as pointed out.
I'm almost afraid to ask if this is okay or if he's breaking the rules Mark gave him.

Thank you for serving our country.

Turn it on I want to see how bad the TN panel looks.

If Mark starts banning ROB then ROB will stop ramming his ass or vice versa?

God dammit, them releasing this means that the switch might have to share games with the DS still, or just have games that could work on it just out right not be on it because the DS is still alive. When will this handheld fucking die man.

Why?

Is that a thing that exists here? Over the past week I've seen a strew of threads in which the OP lies about something Nintendo made, then the thread bashes Nintendo on that false premise until it passes bump limit and 404s.

Maybe they realized the switch isn't actually portable unless you're a sperg wearing cargo pants everywhere (and it doesn't even fit in those unless you remove the joycons) and there's no reason to leave your house with a Switch so far.

Is the build quality good, I've heard that the build quality isn't that good and the d-pad has a space that stuff can get stuck in. Also how big is the stylus I've heard it's smaller than the regular 3ds and doesn't extend. I have a 3DSXL after selling the regular 3DS, I've mostly been using it for hacking.

What version of the 3DS can I get that balances price and performance/ease of hacking? I heard that the first model has shitty battery life and isn't as strong. I just want a cheap device I can hack to play games like the 3ds monster hunter.

New! 3DS Small. Get the Jap or US one for better screen quality.

You're mostly right user, the switch is basically a home console you can take on long trips without looking like a complete sperg like this guy. When I did 30 hours of straight travel, it was awesome to have around to distract me for the flights. I can't sleep on aircraft because I'm a paranoid fuck but I got to try and pretend the turbulence was just me being immersed. It didn't work.

Those look okay price-wise for me, thanks user.

R.O.B. is the emotional manifestation of a man who wishes he could be as happy and cheerful in real life as he is as the plastic robot he LARPs as in the occasional thread where he shills hard for those things he has such a strong emotional attachment to.

Now mushroom stamp your 3DS on camera like you do in private to all your things.

Start with 4U and not Generations.

Style Savvy, by far. It's the only one I consistently go back to, even if I only play it for 20 minutes or so. Other than that, Kid Icarus. Fire Emblem Echoes has been great, though.
It was kind of nice using it with Fire Emblem a few times, but generally speaking, I don't put it on that much. I use my DS more than my 3DS, so 3D isn't a big deal to me.
As in outdoors? No, I can't see shit. Outside of the house, sure.
No.

New 3DS XL owner with Bootstrap and Luma3DS installed here.

Sm4sh. I know it's shit compared to brawl or Melee, but it's fun as hell to play local with my friend when I visit him, and I have good memories from the game because of that.
Yes, Kid Icarus Uprising and the whole "3D Classics" collection are pretty much worth it.
Yes, I like playing emulators while in the subway
I CFW'd my console as soon as I got it, so I played around very little with Streetpass.

It's a nice console once you put CFW in it and get access to GBA injects, DS flashcart extended compatibility, custom themes and great emulators like Retroarch (for Genesis and PCE), VirtuaNES and Snes9x for 3DS. I find myself playing very few actual 3DS games, The ones I liked are:

Overall it's a great console if you get one for cheap and hack the hell out of it

does the new 2ds have same specs as the new 3ds?

what firmware out of hte box?

should i ship my 3dsxl into katsukitty for a capture card or do I just wait for a new method of CFW to come out?

No, it's because this thread didn't have anyone post in it for nearly 12 hours and I thought it was dead.

I'd say yes. I mean, I wouldn't chuck it on the concrete or anything, but it's not meant to be fragile. The outer casing doesn't have the same glossy material, so I think it's more suited for a beating than the other 3DS models. After all, the 2DS line was designed with clumsy children in mind.

Don't know. I don't dabble in homebrew hacks for that to matter to me.

How long does it take you to arrange all the stuff in the pictures you take?

just go to the settings menu and it'll tell you in the bottom right of the top screen

Wow, thanks for completely ignoring my question here.

I really don't know what you mean.

The screen is entirely comparable to the New 3DS XL without the 3D feature, that is.

I wasn't aware that the 3DS's screens in earlier models were shit.

That's what I wanted to know. Also, yes, I have an Australian new 3DS (small) and the screen is TN, which is warmer and kind of washed out, while my friend has the American New 3DS XL and his screen looks colder, brighter and generally sharp as fuck for a 3DS.
Which is why I asked you that. Since the 2DS XL is cheaper than the latter, I still don't know what the screen quality is though, and I don't want to take a bargain, knowing how cheap Nintendo can be sometimes.

serious question
Can you break it and two and tell me how much pressure it takes
I need to know

I'm pretty sure one of those YouTube channels that just break shit will do a better job answering your question than I will.

Nintendo randomly use different screens depending on what manufacturing line. Some autists keep returning there 3ds until they get the good one. Look it up. The good screen ones go for more on eBay. Nintendo logic.

Is everything in your pictures just thrown about or is it in the frame for a reason?

I have a New 3DS like you described. I didn't notice an absolute difference between it and the 3DS XL screen.

You talking about those spare parts that are sold from Chinese sellers?

Also, I never heard of people who send their shit in for the right parts, but I sincerely don't doubt it.

I'll buy that R.O.B. from you. I could use another one.

For 3DS exclusives, MH4U. Which is kind of funny because I'd say its biggest flaw is being 3DS exclusive. Wishing on the monkey's paw for MH to come to PC was a mistake.
No, because 3D is for losers and a waste of the system's preciously scarce processing power and I own a 2DS

What do you expect from a nintendo phanboy/mark's buttbuddy?

oops my 2DS is superior.
oops my 2DS is superior
oops my 2DS is superior

ROB threads are for loser nerds.

Hi ROB, Should I get this 2DS or get a smaller 3DS on sale

A used 2DS is the only good value proposition provided you mod it.

That's the plan~

I'm surprised you don't, it's not really that subtle. It's probably because I have more experience with electronics in the long run and I'm hugely autistic about the very quality in a product. Here you go!

This is an IPS Vs. TN comparison.

gbatemp.net/threads/guide-tn-and-ips-displays-which-does-my-3ds-have.409925/

First Image: IPS Vs. TN
Second Image: TN Vs. IPS
Third Image: TN vs. TN (Top) vs TN Vs. IPS (Bottom)
Fourth Image: IPS Vs. TN
Fifth Image: TN Vs. IPS

If you don't see the difference now, you're either stubborn & lying through your teeth, have some sort of visual problem or don't pay very much attention to detail and just consume. Nothing personal, bud, I'm just aghast that you out of all people wouldn't notice these things with how much you buy and play with them.

Well yeah! What do you expect from the pathetic board owner who still lives with his mom, is severely overweight, likes shitty memes, monitors a board for free and can't get a girlfriend. Those threads are the only type of comfort he can get from this shithole, I'm pretty sure they're holding him back from depression or further lashing against other users in a fit of virgin rage.

Those threads bring him immense comfort and ease his pain per say, which is why he's so adamant on removing them and deflects ALL critisms like a child caught doing tricks. He just needs to get it together in general, there are a lot of shitposts than still aren't removed but people like to lash out on R.O.B because it's somehow more concrete than banning off-topic faggot posters that talk about their fucking boyfriends without shutting the fuck up. Kill them ALL.

So on the topic of 3DS's, has anyone gotten the 'invalid title keys format' error when using Freeshop? I've tried scanning the QR code from the titlekeys site, entering the url, and even downloading the titlekeys file and putting it directly onto the SD in the freeshop keys folder and none of it has worked. Oddly enough, this has only been a problem since moving to the Freeshop fork instead of the original.

DSC0***.JPG is the default filenane for most android phone cameras, user.

I admire your enthusiasm

We all know the thread you're talking about, it wasn't a false premise you cockgobler.

You think? They're annoying parasitic pieces of shit, and their posts go undeleted while retards lap up the bait like milk and go say dumbass shit like "LE GAY CUMMUNITY XDDDD" "OMG, >BEING GAY" instead outright neglecting the motherfucker and starve him of attention,
Just fucking report and hide you dumb twats, the cocksucker WANTS attention and you're giving it to him, YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE CANCER.
I swear, this board would be much better if that kind of shit was discouraged with repliers being banned too.

It doesn't take away from what I said, and it varies with the model. For instance, mine says IMAG_XXXX.JPEG.

How big is the difference when not using the 3D and looking at it straight? I have a TN and it's kind of pissing me off. Fucking jewtendo.

Why did you buy a 2DS XL if you already had a New 3DS XL?

in part because it was meant for O3DS, in part because they were using models intended for Wii U games, and in part because they fucking suck at optimization.

IPS looks the absolutely best, even with the low res. The 3D effect makes TN look slightly better if you really want to squeeze quality out of it, but some game performance suffers as a result. Yes, all New! Models were guaranteed to be IPS, too bad Nintendo is a liar.
To answer your question, IPS looks good BOTH with 3D off and on, and that's what I asked R.O.Bfag, since I don't want a shitty stretched out TN display.

FUCK YOU
Get banned looser.

Backing up the firmware version question. If you've updated your system since then then the question isn't even worth asking, but if you don't know what version it is then the system settings menu tells you.

Why do spergs bring up ROB where he has no relevance? You lot are getting to be as fucking obnoxious as the man himself. Keep it to meta threads, all of you.

Listen you here for fucking cunt. I want to know what firmware it comes with before I buy it. Now shut the fuck up and answer the god damned question.

most handhelds come with the firmware out at date of manufacture.

Sony for example forced stores to open all unsold vitas and forced them to update so people couldnt use firmware on them.

don't do it user. You'll get banned. just stay on topic.

What the fuck, that particular artist popped up in my recommendations the other day, and I have no fucking idea who they are and what they were doing in my recommendations.

It's easier to scapegoat someone with an identity.

is it blue?

motherfucker i really need to know if it is blue

Yes it is blue

Kid Icarus Uprising. No contest.

Yeah. I use it in pretty much every game I play on the system. I've always been as still as a statue, when I play vidya, so I've never had a problem with it on my launch unit.

Not anymore.
I got an everdrive and an SP AGS-101, and I like the GBA's more "pick up and play" designed games and hardware. (No fucking around with menus, waiting for the OS to load things. You just hit the toggle switch and it starts.)

No.

I haven't bought a Nintendo handheld since the sp and the n2dsxl really caught my eye.

Can I homebrew it and still play online with friends? What about still using some of the eshop services?

I fucking miss this. Handhelds are the closest to that, but even they are now bloated as fuck. that's why I fucking hate modern consoles. My brother has a PS4 and I can't stand waiting for fucking updates and loading screens. I almost never touched the thing

ROB, how many people have you killed so far?

I installed freeshop before EverOasis came out. Do I need to get a new shop key?

you replace the address in the download options from .com to the .gq one
check the 3ds homebrew thread

Seconding this. You're in (or were in?) the military right? How many did you sacrifice for ZOG?

How do you get webms to have thumbnail support in windows? Would be nice to browse my cavernous webm folder visually.

I went through three different stores to find an IPS screen and I'm glad I did. I was kinda pissed off when I got a 3DS XL and the screen looked worse than the original 3DS, so when I heard that some New 3DS XLs had IPS screens I didn't hesitate.

The 2DS XL is the first 3DS that I'd put on par with the DS Lite in terms of looks, but I can't see how releasing a handheld with a TN screen can be justified when IPS is so cheap now. Plus the successor to the 3DS should be right around the corner at this point, so I'm guessing the 2DS XL is a way of selling their superfluous 3DS innards.