NIHON FALCOM THREAD, "Returning cake" edition

Don't forget to support the games (or not if it's a NISA release) and spoiler the spoilers!

Specially Xanadu Next. That masterpiece deserves bigger sales. And, uh, maybe

- Trails of Cold Steel I coming to PC on August 2nd, Steam page already available; ToCS II is also confirmed for PC with no release date available
- Tom on ToCS for PC: will have its own separate launcher, "far more feature-rich than any other launcher we've ever had in any of our PC games to date" " There's not much you CAN'T do in that launcher." "You can tweak bloody EVERYTHING"
- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. Check gematsu.com and esterior.net for further details
- Tons of Falcom/Kondo interviews with some interesting details, will eventually make a list and a tl;dr

- Zwei II coming this Summer. Check this blog post to discover the game ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/162167486725/zwei-the-ilvard-insurrection-localization-blog )
- The full Trails in the Sky trilogy is finally on English, available on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store
- Tokyo Xanadu brought by Askys, Vita version has already been released, and the improved Ex+ version for PS4 and PC on late 2017, although Amazon has November 24th, 2017 listed
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended

- Trails to Zero fan tl at 25%. Ao is 46% translated, but not edited at all yet. A beta of the Zero TL from 2015 was leaked. It is full of typos and sounds like robots are talking, but it is at least coherent from start to finish. Play only if you are desperate. Machine TL of Azure has also been released, and it is as terrible as you would expect. It is completely unintelligible.
- The Legend of Xanadu I & II Dub Project announced, English tl patches coming in the next months ( tg-16.com/The_Legend_of_Xanadu_Dub_Project.htm )
- Also in the works: Zwei!!, Dinosaur Resurrection, Vantage Master Japan, Dinosaur Resurrection and Brandish 2 Renewal (PC-98)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Other urls found in this thread:

prefundia.com/projects/view/gurumin-physical-edition/12912/
archive.is/PDtuX
nisamerica.com/blog/CG2/
operationrainfall.com/2017/07/19/xseed-games-reveals-release-date-for-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-version/
youtube.com/watch?v=wzptisTqXCk
youtube.com/watch?v=xbExi37JmT0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gruen_Transfer
operationrainfall.com/2017/07/31/interview-nihon-falcom/
xseedmarketing.com/the_team.html
rpgsite.net/preview/5859-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-port-impressions
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/892797604160954368
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/892874729903841288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If someone is interested, Mastiff is going to male a kikestarter for a physical copy of Gurumin on pc (starting from 50 dollarydoos), 3ds version physical is a stretch goal. prefundia.com/projects/view/gurumin-physical-edition/12912/

Would have been 20$ for the box with a DVD with the installer and a manual I would have probably got it, but this is too much for me.

Chances are it'll just be like MN9 and be a manual inside a box. Like, I get it, costs more to mass create the assets for a physical release, but fuck off if the lowest tier for you to even get one version of the game is 15 dollars more than you'd actually pay if you'd just use Steam/GOG.

Is Mastiff retarded? I bet they're doing this because they gave out so many free copies for greenlighting Gurumin in the first place.

I can't wait to play Cake Steal 3.

Come on Claire

Also Ines and Duvalie are 23.

And I'm sure Duvalie will still be quite bullyable.

not EVERYTHING but it does seems like a good launcher

Oh cool, Hrist and Silmeria are in this game.

Who else day 1 pirate Cold Steel on PC? Fuck XSEED for making it dub only.

Would the game getting patched be part of the stretch goals too? The game still has several game-breaking bugs they never fixed.

God damn it, that's one disgusting dub.

lol nope. I bought a physical copy of the jap PC release for 10 bucks.

I'm gonna buy it day one. Only way you'll get me to pirate a falcom game is if it's a bamco machine translation or handled by NISA.

does any of you know if you can mute just the voices in Sen?

Personally I'm buying 10 copies of Ys VIII while pirating every single xseed releases from now on. Not willing to support them anymore after it's been proven they lied about dual audio. At least Mastiff has the courage of saying it's a money problem.

Forgot pic related. I'm not falling for XSEED's lies anymore. You lie to me, you get no money.

I didn't think autistic sub faggots and NISA faggots existed on Holla Forums

I guess you find all sorts here.

Shut up dubfag.

Hey, go ahead. If you wanna willingly eat NISA's shit because of your precious Japanese dub (which the subs won't be true to, anyway) then go right ahead. It's your money.

Also XSEED translation isn't as god tier as you pretend it is.

Yes, I'm sure your opinion matters MUCH more.

I'd rather "good" or "okay" tier that XSeed can do, than the shit tier that you apparently love eating because you like jacking off to Japanese dubs. I hope you're ready for another Esty Dee tier "joke" in Ys.

Literal retard who post about shit made by Nick Dooer who's not even part of NISA or IFI anymore.

We're really in a tight spot it seems. On one hand, despite being better than other companies, you have XSEED lying to us regarding dual audio (in retrospect, it should've been obvious given that they never gave a dub to the Senran games, but for other games they localized they forced the dub on it with no dual audio option), but on the other, Ys VIII is getting localized by a company that has proven to break games and deliberately change text, content, and dialogue for being too triggering during localization. Not to mention that Aksys' localization of Tokyo Xanadu is spotty at best.

Being at each other's throats on the matter ain't going to get jackshit done however. What we should do is decide how to proceed if you want to see improvements in Falcom game translations. Either we find a way to support Falcom for these games directly (importing being the best option) while helping those who can't understand Japanese (though I understand it's a daunting task for the Trails games), autisically write/inform Falcom that we don't support these companies for what they are doing to the games, and would like them to be more watchful over their localizations like Persona 5 was or start translating them themselves like the Nep games, or we start trying to get ourselves in the fucking localization industry to put a stop to this. Ultimately, Falcom like other companies listen to money, so use it in a way that gets them to listen.

If anyone's got any better ideas, I'd say this would be a good time to post them.

I'd rather have dub only with a decent localization than a shitty localization and broken game with dual audio just like the NISAfags want.

The best possible thing is for Falcom to start localizing their own games, but I don't know how possible that is.

I think the problem is problem is the dude is overexagerating. I've pirated Criminal Girls+uncensor patch on PC and the game worked fine and the translation didn't seem bad. And I didn't see any "meme" that some people in here seem to talk about. People are being either overparanoid or their hate of NISA has blinded them.

How is it even a question? Dual audio is nice, but I will take a proper translation over a horrible one paired with a language I can't understand any day.

The monster dialogues in Ys II were just jokes anyway. Do you hate the treasure chest in TitS too?

They were kinda dumb yeh. But here's something more recent from XSEED. But I bet you'll defend it too.

All this worthless, meaningless fight and nobody answer me yet, i tried searching for a answer and found, so any of you fags that played Cold Steel on PS3/Vita, Can i mute the voices only or they put it together with general sounds?

You can slide voice volume down to 0 without affecting music and sound effects. And there's very likely going to be an undub for CS PC on Day 1, too.

I can respect that, and if an explanation as to why a dual audio option isn't possible that is legit, I can accept it as well. I can agree with you that XSEED has done a far better job of localizing Falcom games compared to their others (probably due to them being their big money makers outside of the Senran games). However, if the article where Falcom indirectly/subtly called out XSEED for lying about not being able to dual audio, it feels like a betrayal and shows that they also have their bad side in forcing us to listen to an otherwise mediocre dub rather than give players the option to choose which they want to hear. A direct and clear answer from XSEED regarding that information is in order (or perhaps we should see if the article in question regarding Falcom's statement wasn't another case of mistranslation during the interview, as it's happened before with other Jap companies).

It would be, which is why I think buying/importing their games and giving them money directly while informing them that we want better localizations would help in this endeavor, but that's thinking idealistically.

That still doesn't fix the main issue, where NISA is deliberately cutting content out because they think westerners can't handle it (or more truthfully, they hate the content and want to fuck over those that do). Even if you pirate/crack it, it doesn't stop normalfags from purchasing it and giving NISA money and telling them that they can keep getting away with it. Even if Falcom caught word of it, it's hard to say they would care enough to not use NISA again and/or have a different company localize it. They took a major hit when the Nep devs decided to cut them off and translate the game on their own via their international company, which would help Falcom more in the long run than relying on these localization companies fucking up their games (but they may not have the money or again care enough to do so).

You can mute the voices yeh.

Without the original Japanese text for comparison, we cannot know if this translation isn't accurate.

I think you are confusing NISA and Treehouse. While they did fuck up pretty bad the mini-game in CG1, it's been proven that stuff like pic related were not censored and I doubt there's anything even as lewd as that in Ys VIII, so it'll be fine. I think being scared of the game being broken on PS4 or Vita is more normal. As for the PC version, I'm not really scared as they're generally ok.

as for Xseed, well they still better than NISA which will I NEVER FORGIVE OR FORGET, but the recent DUAL AUDIO IS UP TO PUBLISHERS interview, PC FATE release with that abusive DLC prices( which Tom claims is not their fault) and ToCS having the same price as 2015 and the DLC will be sold separately, they going down a dangerous path.

Thank you both, i just can't stand the voice of the girls so it's better to have no voices or wait for the Undub Mod.

They haven't lied about not getting a dub. Kondo didn't sell them out. He said FALCOM never prevented them from getting the JP voices. Meaning the voice actors and their people are holding them back for some odd reason. Aksys and NISA are bigger than XSEED/Marvelous so they hold more clout in regards to getting voices. It's only pure autists crying about dubs anyway.

Guy you're quoting has posted the same screenshot and bait question on halfchan Holla Forums at least once, too.

In this interview's case, it's hard to know if NISA's translations are intentionally hiding or distorting something. which is why a few fans with JP knowledge have asked for transcripts here and there. All we know is NISA "accidentally" didn't submit a question about DRM-free digital stores (like GOG and Humble) and how/why Ys VIII's not going to be available on either of them, just Steam.

To be fair, I think CS PC's price is justified vs. Fate/EXTELLA since we're paying for Durante's port of the year, and Tom's probably right about Marvelous JP forcing their DLC crap onto XSEED's release. Notice how it's not as bad with SK releases because Tamsoft has a say in things as well. We also don't know specifics about CS PC DLC yet anyway. I'd say XSEED's mostly at fault right now for shit/below-bare-minimum marketing (Marvelous Europe has an actual social media person and it shows) and being too stingy with dual-audio and releasing 2x as many games with EN dubs vs. JP.

XSEED has been going full jew lately. Though imo the bitchest move is to make the DLCs free on Switch but fuck over PC gamers with overpriced DLCs and absolutely no exclusive DLC either.
At this point it's clear they want to milk the game as much as possible because they know Fate is super popular with weebs.

Fucking retard.
archive.is/PDtuX

Closest thing I could find. Might not even be it since I'm sure there are more than one screenshot of different moments that look absolutely similar.

NISA has a history of cutting and censoring content.

Criminal Girls was censored on Steam, and NISA lied about why; they said it was for ESRB, but Steam doesn't require ratings.

Also they still censored CG 2 nisamerica.com/blog/CG2/

While I do question XSeeds decisions (I don't know why they decided to localize Akiba's Beat in the first place… from the demo it seems like a really mediocre game, I don't know why/how they're handling DLC the way they do, and CS PC version should have a much lower price) and I don't think they're infallible, I'd rather their handling of localization ( accurate translation, no censorship, etc with one audio track only) than pretty much any other localization company.

I think that's probably Marvelous pulling the strings in this case. Xseed is owned by them and Fate/Extella is a Marvelous game.

Did you even read my post? What I'm saying is there's nothing censor in Ys VIII. Drop it. DROP IT. Hell even NISA confirmed it would not be censored at all. I hate censorship too but acting like this is obnoxious. It's like people who scream "OMG SE GONNA CENSOR DQ11" because of Bravery Default or some shit.

pics related would prove those statements wrong. If 2nd pic is any indication of what is to come from their Ys VIII localization, it's not going to be pretty, no matter what version.

I almost forgot about that one question. Perhaps there is more bullshit to that article than there seems to be. We should be asking or even demanding to have an untranslated transcript of that interview in question and see if it was mistranslated it or not.

It was stated by NISA it was a unQC'd translation which makes senses since it's from a demo. Seriously if you really want to see what the game is gonna be like, try and get into the beta so you can point out typos if you find them.

惨了 means crap, so that part of the translation is accurate. The second sentence could have been added by XSEED.

And I just said that NISA lied to people about why Criminal Girls was censored on Steam. "Confirmation" doesn't mean shit. They can and will lie to you. We won't know until the game comes out but don't buy 10 copies of Ys VIII day one because I'm pretty sure Japanese dub won't save you from a shitty translation.

If Akiba's Beat is actually that bad, then that's a good example of what I mean.

they are, but like you guys point it out, the FATE crap was probably Marvelous fault. My issue with Xseed are mainly:

Absolute HORRIBLE marketing if you can even call it that: they do the bare minimum and not even that to promote their product, they hired a company called ONE PR which only "achievement" is been friends with the clowns of Kotaku and that's it.
Terrible Release timing: if i remember correctly, they release TitS SC during or one week after a major Steam Sale, you have to be quite dumb to do that even more after doing NOTHING to market it.
Memes and Memes: you are not on NISA level but shit is annoying.
No Dual Audio cuz we are poor: self explanatory

what NISA did to METAFALICA was a crime and they should never be forgiven for that, they destroyed what the game truly was.

Dude you're completely paranoid. NISA has not censored any game without stating they did censor them. Also you're giving false infos: NISA stated they absolutely wanted to have the PC version rated by ESRB. However if you did follow the stuff too, you'd noticed they said they might consider to try something about CG2 because of the amount of people who petitioned for an uncut Steam release.

And as proof they showed a screenshot with a text that makes more sense, but is completely different from the the original Japanese text.

When you have a game that is supposed to come out a couple months from when the demo was shown with that kind of translation, it's not a good sign. And as mentioned when they were called out on it, they changed it something even more different than the original name was.

I've looked on their site and others and I have not heard anything about a beta that was available to the public to point the mistranslations out.

I will give NISA credit for being able to market and merchandise a game better than XSEED can due to them having more money, but that doesn't mean that you can deny the large amount of evidence that they rush and censor the games they localize and give a bullshit excuse to try and cover their asses.

They usually have a beta on Steam around 1 month before the game's release. If you're that afraid of typos being everywhere you are more than welcome to get in.

How fucking retarded can you be?

Also, in the PS3 version all the DLC was on the disc and could be unlocked with a patch. If the PC version is anything like that it will be super easy to just unlock all DLC.

By the way, the PS3 patch also unlocked the Japan exclusive DLC, but the assets for them were missing. I was able to find most of them in the Japanese version and got them working, but apparently Falcom put some code into the American version of the game, that unequippes them and removes them from the inventory after every fight and every time you load a savegame.

Don't care. The more they use NISA the more money I save. If falcom actually cared about their properties they would just do what Idea Factory did and create an International branch.

What would push them to make them do that, I wonder?

Arent cakes suppose to be 26 and up?

25 actually. Sara was just a cake in CS1 and is now a prime cake. Claire wasn't a cake yet in CS1, but will be now.

Well apparently Kondo is easily manipulated by his "friends" so; get Kondo to go drinking with IF's CEO so he can tell him about all the money IF is swimming in since opening IFI.
Boom; year later you'd get Falcom International.

Honestly, given how reliant Japanese companies are becoming on western dosh, it's probably only a matter of time before most companies do this all across the board.

Sometimes you have to call out the bullshit so newfags and lurkers don't start believing in it.

At that point, you really think they'll be able to change anything before the release in a month? They would only change it later (if at all) if they got enough backlash from fans and normalfags that it affected their bottom dollar, but the damage has already been done and they already have their money anyway, so it's hard to say if they would change anything at all.

I'm OK with this.

I'd be OK with this as well. Better to just have them do it themselves rather than rely on a company(ies) that would fuck up your product and affect your profits.

Computer scan this Japanese videogame and translate script to English 2017 United Kingdom.

I don't understand why more haven't done it in the first place. Look at Arc System Works; they've got they got an in-house localization/PC porting Team in Japan. They don't even have to leave the country to handle their PC shit, hell it's working out so well for them that other smaller jap companies are going to them to handle PC releases in the west.

Is it a machine translation? Because I've seen what machine translated Ao looks like.

Nisa fags forget who it was that brought the Kiseki games to the West.

But then again such subhuman scum hasn't played anything besides Cold steel I bet.

The idea of starting my own localization company is appealing but the hard part would be finding translators. As a small company i wouldn't be able to pay much so good translators would probably be more interested in higher paying jobs translating for business or government.
Same issue with skilled programmers as far as game development.

Basically you'd have to be willing to work for less money, and unfortunately SJWs are like a cult so when at their own expense they push their agenda.

I'm on chapter 3 of zero no kiseki.

It's going to be a loooooong wait for a good Ao translation isn't it?

It could be next year, actually.

It's not vidya but is the Ys animu any good?

Man, I missed shit like this

Shouldn't you be posting on cuckchan or something?

That's not too bad.

Even if it's a leaked draft like what Zero got recently I'll probably play it.

Seriously, the Zero draft needed some tweaking and finishing up, but it was more than enough to get messages across.

Especially all the heart-wrenching Renne scenes

The leaked Zero translation was missing a year of editing before the new translators took over. I wish the old translators would've released the more up-to-date version when it leaked.

Are you guys Xseed workers or really such stupidly blinded drones? I doubt they can even afford a shill so you are either shilling workers or retarded fanboys. If you're workers, whatever shilling you faggots are attempting to do doesn't seem to work as half the posts in all your threads are always done by two guys whenever I take a peek. I'm not helping your thread stay afloat either way.

I see you changed your ID.

DO YOU SEE, FALCOM?!

DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T STICK WITH XSEED?!

I was really looking forward to Tokyo Xanadu, and I doubt these lazy memeists are going to retranslate/edit the script for Ex+.
I'm so angry I want to vomit lava

That's not what he said at all. Supposedly the studio that made the dub was giving XSEED trouble and not Falcom themselves.

The english version is one and a halve year old. It still costs $40 on PSN.

He (assuming it's not you) invited us to their NISAs open beta. How can you be more obvious?

SJWs are nazis now?

How much you want to bet it's Houk from the NISA forums?

Start bitching at Aksys, they fixed some games before when enough people bitched. But seriously, they shot themselves in the foot for making their A-Team handle the game. The out of place shit is all the same shit their B-Team always add to their localizations, seriously if you played Exist Archive It's localization has some of the same lines Tokyo Xanadu has.

Maybe faggot shilling wouldn't be so obvious and obnoxious if you idiots weren't defending jewishness in advance, like ? Just a thought.

I did not directly say that caring for dub is stupid. I said what I said. People who cry solely about the dub are autists, by the same token people who cry because of the original jap voices are also autistic. If you could take a second to use your brain and read and infer, you would have gotten that.

Dipshit, you're the one going on about how Xseed is a company and yet you're crying because they're acting like a company. It's ironic. I'm in the boat that, yes, the cosmetic shit shouldn't be DLC and that should extend to all games just in case you try to pull out another strawman.

You're just not that bright of a person despite trying to prove you are, user.

Well, fukkleducks.

Maybe I shouldn't be too surprised though, after playing through the first three parts of BlazBlue (not touching Central Fiction for multiple reasons).

XSEED would have to update the price. The game was already $40 at release which is 2/3 of the normal price of PS3 games though, so I guess they will wait a bit longer until they reduce the price.

We are aware of XSEEDs flaws. They are still doing a better job than most localization companies.
And NISA has always been universally hated here and for good reasons. This is not some Falcom thread phenomena.

I'd rather XSEED then NISA.

So in the first few sentences you defend them and try to interpret stuff as favourably for Xseed as possible, and then say it's only autists who care for dubs. How exactly did you expect anyone to interpret it differently? I don't exactly sit in your head. The guy who quoted you clearly meant the former part of what you said that I didn't pinkttex

How exactly is it ironic? I'm showing you guys where they clearly do wrong to show you they are a company - they act as one. Just because I realise they're a company doesn't mean I can't dislike that trait, your conclusion is completely illogical. If a company acts like a company can possibly act, does that mean it should be free of criticism? If your implied rule was applied, we wouldn't be able to say badly about anything.

Though I agree that I'm complaining, but I do so because it's below the standards.
The price is not rational for something like that and pretty much every company in such a situation drops the price, adds some content or at least includes the previous DLC, so they're in fact acting worse than a regular company. If the DLC is included, that's cool and the price is bearable as there's at least an upside. As a rule, bad practices shouldn't be defended. First Capcom rereleases their SF2 game on Switch and it sells half a million copies when they did nothing but add a Ryu recolour, if more badly priced ports sell well then all companies might go crazy. Just like when you first defend Xseed's memes in one game at an innocent moment, they just might feel encouraged to put them elsewhere, or if you defend stupid pricing of a title, expect more of that but even worse. Reward the good, punish the bad, all that stuff.
Now, I'm not saying be paranoid because many take that way too far and try to find the worst intentions in clear improvements, but don't be blind.

And you're not directly denying anything I've said, so where am I wrong? You do what you blame others of and it's clear or you'd prove why my arguments are invalid. Shilling is clear and you're not denying anything, you just went

Your best option is to learn Japanese and forget about localizations completely. XSEED and NISA are both shit.

If I play Trails of Cold Steel prior to playing Trails in the Sky will I see the Disgaea effect. That is, if I play TitS will I feel like its inferior to the newer entry or are the games distinct enough that the order doesn't really matter?

Graphically it's inferior in a way, depending on your point of view, since Cold Steel is full 3D and Sky and Crossbell are 3D isomeric with spites. Gameplay-wise Cold Steel probably has a few quality of life things you might find are a little more intuitive, though Sky's gameplay is a little deeper since the quartz system has a lot more nuance. Cold Steel's battles feel a bit faster, in my opinion, though.

Going back to Sky from CS isn't a huge issue, honestly, but I still feel like playing the Sky trilogy before Cold Steel makes more sense. It's where the story starts, and while Cold Steel's plot is perfectly coherent without it, you'll miss all the fun references and lore that make the story so engaging, not to mention spoiling several Sky plot for yourself.

If you're planning on playing Sky anyway, why not start with it?

You can skip the attack animations, which helps.

I'm the complete opposite; worried about the waifus and new style of cold steel, in the soon to be released pc port, lacking the spirit of the trails games i know and love.

I am pretty tired of how unprofessional the translators, rather, localizes of nip games are. XSEED is better than the rest but are still flawed in ways that i find very confusing. My justified distaste in all Americans tells me it's because they're from the U.S of A, but maybe it's something else, something more systemic to the craft. E-drama and clique wars follow this industry tirelessly while the publishers continually screw it up in new and exciting ways. I do appreciate how transparent XSEED usually is, but, far out I'll be going full one of these days i swear.

It's really not that new. People like to compare it to Persona but that's very surface level. Look one layer under and it's still a typical Trails game with a different coat of paint. And to be honest, "waifus" are something that Crossbell started. Cold Steel just formalized the informal systems Zero and Ao have. Hell, if not for the switch from Joshua to Estelle for the MC, it probably even would have been in Sky, given the way he attracts girls.

I kinda hope the Calvard games star a girl. With or without the relationship system.

I doubt they drop the bonding system now since it's been in two strait arcs and the success of Persona 5 clearly had an effect on the JRPG market (just look at that Sen III battle menu), but I couldn't be opposed to a girl MC. Especially if there's a yuri option.

That's very reassuring to hear, user. Cheers. I'm very much looking forward to Zero's fan translation but it looks like Cold Steel's coming first for me.

Even I would be down for Yuri MC shenanigans

And Tokyo Xanadu.

Japs and westerns love a "choose your waifu" system, if anything they may improve it.

Cold Steel has ara waifus? I may have to try this series.

I think it's better than persona in some ways. The characters get over their hangups on their own, even if Rean isn't involved. So if you miss a bonding event, it just means that Rean isn't there to help the character through their hangup, they get through it on their own.

In Persona, if you don't help them out, they just remain in stasis.

Sara is an ara, but in truth she's just putting on airs. She's actually a cake virgin who has no experience and gets shy when she starts getting as good as she gives.

I've never played a Persona game and i likely never will.

even better

Virgin is the only way to go with a cake.

Cold Steel's similarities to Persona are, as I said, surface level. There are three things that make people say this.

1. The school setting. Yes, Cold Steel 1 centers on a school (though obviously you don't spend all your time there) and the principal characters are students. It's kind of a home base of sorts. Cold Steel 2 spends basically no time at a school. Cold Steel 3 definitely has a school at the centerpiece again, but it's unclear how much time will be spent there. Moreover the main character is no longer a student, but a teacher after a timeskip.

2. Bonding events. While these superficially resemble "social links" in Persona they are much less important to mechanics and much less vital to the characters themselves. People who complain about them tend to overstate their importance. Mostly you learn small little things about the person in them or otherwise have an interesting scene involving them. All character development is still pretty much confined to the main story. And like said, even if you don't do the event the person takes care of their own shit. You are given a limited number of bonding points per free day, but if it really bugs you that much you can simply use cheat engine to give yourself more points. There is a bit of a "pick your waifu" mechanic, but it doesn't effect a whole lot.

3. Calendar. This one is entirely smoke and mirrors. Persona is a time management game where you choose how you spend your days for the most part. Cold Steel is still driven by plot events and flags. The calendar is just a framing device.

I'd wager all three of these things were done on purpose by Falcom because, well, Persona is popular. But as I said, these are mostly cosmetic changes the core gameplay remains pretty similar to what you know. It will be even more familiar to you than 3rd was. Cold Steel 1 basically breaks down like this:

That NG?

It's the description of a YouTube video.

Who's NISAs?

Eh personally I'd be ok with this. Dual audio and no more drama.

Beta tests exist for a reason. If you see typos, you can also make posts about them.

Fuck off, retard.

Come on mate, are you really that surprised? It's Aksys after all. Have you seen the shit they've done to the fighting games they've translated before?
Though I'll admit their localization of the Agarest games were ok and they didn't censor the massaging mini-games.

Nah I just said if you're that scared of Ys VIII having typos, why don't you follow the game's page on Steam and apply to their beta test when they start it? I would do it, but I don't consider myself good enough to do that kind of stuff.

First you seem to be the only one to know about this upcoming beta, second "you are more than welcome to get in" is a phrase usually said by someone why is affiliated with an event.

Here's a hint for you: every single NISA release pm Steam has had a beta test. So I don't see why Ys VIII would not have one. But since you live in your own closed world you probably didn't know about it.
English isn't my main language, so I had no idea tbh.

He's just assuming stuff because most NISA PC ports had betas. I clearly remember Disgaea having them at least, but I am too lazy to check if that was the case with other games. Pointing out the phrase is nitpicking especially since I only saw that sort of expressions used for friend talks or home invitations, but I could be wrong as I'm not native.

Ys might not have them because it's not made by NIS. I'm not sure if games by other producers they release had betas, they might have in which case you're right. Nice quads though.

I'M NOT FUCKING AMERICAN

I know Birthdays New Beginning had a beta. They posted it on their twitter afaik. Same goes for both Operation Abyss and Operation Babel. So I think they should probably have a beta test for Ys VIII. To be honest I think beta testing is something more companies should do. Just look at the terrible ports SE give us. But they're so scared of the whole piracy boogeyman that they wouldn't allow that ever. Meanwhile they put for preorder a fucking indie game for 50 euros. While Valve won't allow either XSEED or NISA to put Cold Steel/Ys VIII up for preorder.

Valve is a POS company filled with flaws, but there is no way in hell they "won't allow" a game to be up for preorder, that is entirely to devs and publishers.

I'm fairly sure Valve no longer allow preorder for games they don't deem good enough nowadays. Which is kinda gay in my opinion.

I agree about betas. It was pretty nice to get Deathwing, realise it's the most bugged crap I've ever bought and refund on release when I realised every patch made it even worse and they fixed absolutely nothing.

Wrong, that was already confirmed I think. At least Arc System Works for one isn't allowed to make a preorder for their games, I clearly remember that being mentioned times and times over in fighting game thread, I think their porting guy Shini said if they could, they'd make a preorder, but they're not allowed to. That's all while their Steam games have sold way more than a million copies combined if steamspy is to be trusted mind you. Sure, it's not, but from what I know it usually underestimates, not overestimates.

No publisher/dev would want no preorder, they outright lose money by doing so, it's just a matter of Steam randomly deciding to allow that. Probably the rule was set to ensure no new company makes a preorder for a non-existent game and runs away with the money, but it's made stupidly and it affects lesser or even mid-tier publisher/devs while Valve doesn't care.

Oh really? that's news to me, so they now choose who can put their game for preorder but making DLC for a EA game is fine, what a POS company.

So you don't matter.

I think it's really gay because preorder helps companies make much more sales from what I noticed. But unless you're a bigger company it seems like Valve no longer want to let companies put games for preorder. It probably happened recently because NISA managed to put Yomawari and Disgaea for preorder last year.

Agreed. The companies themselves directly translating the games themselves will hopefully be what they will do in the future, if said companies get enough complaints from real fans and not just allowing localization companies dictate what should and shouldn't be in during development in Japan like Nintendo is doing with Treehouse. NISA hasn't gone that far yet, but given their history of localizing games and the way they act towards complaints to obvious problems with the game, I'm sure they'd really like to.

Again that is assuming they would listen to the posts and make the appropriate changes and not half-ass it and/or ignore it. This is also a game not made by NIS directly as others have mentioned, so they are less incentive to truly put care into the game despite interviews, even if enough people complained.

If pics related is how they initially released Operation Abyss after beta in addition to having no dual audio for supposedly not having enough space on the vita cartridge even though the game did not take up all the space on said cartridge, who knows that they will do with Ys' text and dialogue since it's more story driven than previous games. They are really pushing the fact that it has dual audio, so I suspect they're going to use it as a cover for doing a (from what we've seen so far) shitty job at translating despite those of us who have Japanese knowledge calling them out for completely translating dialogue wrong.

Fuck off you cancerous fuck.
Falcom sucks by the way.

Beta tests are a Steam-only thing. Operation Abyss wasn't released on Steam until much later too. So there was no beta test for it before the Vita release.
Also I think we can believe them on the space thing for 2 reasons:
1) Steam's Abyss is dual audio
2) Babel is Japanese voice only, likely because they noticed people would rather have it JP only than English dub only.

Friendly reminder that NISA deserve nuke.

Which would explain my confusion regarding the beta offers, as I try to avoid using steam as much as possible, especially for single player games. Ys VIII being so far announced only for steam regarding the PC version is another issue I have with NISA, as fans of Falcom games have been able to get the games from GOG should they choose to. I am not blind however, that so far XSEED has not specifically stated a GOG version of Trails of Cold Steel I and II will be available for PC as of yet, only announcing a PC version is coming (correct me if I'm wrong on this), nor that they still have yet to announce an official PC version of Memories of Celceta. Even so, the fact that the one question regarding the topic of alternative platforms was "skipped" is also telling that VIII will not be given a GOG version on PC.

It could be that they were covering their asses with the Vita release by adding it to the PC version. If it was such an issue for them to add dual audio in the Vita version, they could've added a free add-on for dual audio for people to download to make up for it and not give excuses.
I haven't been able to find anyone talking about Babel's localization as of yet, so I assume that maybe they did learn from their mistakes, or the game was not popular enough to warrant conversations about the game and it's localization (thinking it's the latter).

Cold Steel is coming to GOG

For the whole GOG thing, I dunno why NISA hasn't put their games on there. Maybe it's because they don't know the GOG staff enough to have their games allowed there? But then again their Humble releases are also Steam-only. I'm guessing they don't think non-Steam releases make senses. It took a while for XSEED to put their releases on GOG too, so you never know. As for Cold Steel, it's likely going to be on GOG too, because when they say "coming to PC" that means GOG is included, they said so themselves before.
As for Abyss/Babel, it's up to speculations. At least it's good you guys managed to get the JP voices.
I haven't played Babel far enough to see if there's any problem but considering a friend of mine has worked on the beta I think it should be fine as he's a hard-working dude. I think I asked him before and he didn't notice anything like the stuff in Abyss you posted at least.

CS is GOG confirmed
operationrainfall.com/2017/07/19/xseed-games-reveals-release-date-for-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-version/

Yeh that's what I thought too. I think they only made the Senran Kagura games Steam only because the online uses Steam's servers. (which is better in itself since that means they don't need to maintain anything themselves=>less money used)

Thank you for the confirmation.

For multiplayer games or games with multiplayer options, I would understand not having a GOG version since they don't have servers for multiplayer features, but for single player games, it would make more sense to have a GOG version along a steam version so people would have more options and not be tied down to one service.

Yeh I mean I can't really read NISA's mind.

WHY XSEED? WHY DO YOU PUT SO LITTLE EFFORT?
IS THAT HARD TO MAKE A TRAILER SHOWING THE GAME FEATURES AND WHY PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE THE GAME A CHANCE?
IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO MAKE A TRAILER SHOWING THE PC IMPROVEMENTS?
Every release this happens and it makes me furious, "it's a niche title" is no excuse for not even trying to sell your shit and than wonder why it didn't sell more.

They could have at least tried to put out a trailer before calling it a work week and finishing it on Monday. Fuck, there's even this non-spoiler graphics comparison Durante made to show off the draw distance fix, and it wouldn't be hard to upload that to your storefront for crying out loud. He's been the best marketing for this port so far, which isn't acceptable.

Marketing is my bread and butter and nothing pisses me off more than see a good product wasted in the hands of a worthless seller, a poor one may sell it wrong but at least he tries, but Xseed? they do nothing which is way worse. It's infuriating as this would be a very easy game to sell to the PC audience, the core base won't like much but you could sorta promote it as "The closest thing to Persona 3/4/5 on PC!" while making a trailer showing the mechanics, systems and "pick your waifu system" without using a retarded "SO COOL"voiceover, just a normal tone would do the trick. Before any of you start to whine "DON'T COMPARE THIS TO PERSONA!", those who know the series already will, either buy it regardless of marketing or have already brought the PS3/vita version, so the target must be those who know nothing about Trails and Persona is very famous so the morons will "get it" more easily. Seriously 3 days for launch and they did absolutely NOTHING to sell it, the durante blog posts are cool but only those already interested will read it and their social media feed is either garbage or meaningless polls, i very fucking pissed at them if it done properly this could reach sky high numbers, but even it does happen it won't be thanks to Xseed and we will never know the series full sales potential.

1 Nisa could never in a thousand years translate a game with a script as large and complicated as a Trails in the sky game nor would they want to

2 The kind of people Nisa appeals to prefer simpler games

So my guess is everything will be fine.

Does anyone at Falcom speak English? I'd love for them to do the localisation in-house like KTGust or Atlus but Falcom is really small.

You can keep telling yourself that, but the possibilities are going to be there. It's best to be disappointed now so you don't end up disappointed later on. I don't even think disappointed would be the word to describe it.

Yes they could, by removing half of it

They have that galaxy thingy, the whole multiplayer stuff gets complicated when the game has steamworks cucking, with that shit its a guarantee the game will never ever have a drm free version.

What pisses me off is indie devs who don't make the game vaiable on their own site DRM free, everybody knows Steam games get cracked day 1
Whats the fucking point?

I think it's just devs think there's not enough people buying drm-free versions to justify bothering making them. You just need to be vocal and keep asking on their twitter.

They could, user. If a team as small as Xseed's can do it, NISA's also would. That's because if Xseed can, any translation team can. Don't delude yourself. The question is if they'd do a good job or if they'd just rush it out without a care in the world, not if they could do it.

It's clear you don't know what Disgaea is. Trails is the simple one in comparison.

They know theres a niche that do that and they get all the profit, I'm pretty sure they can shill that on the Steampage as well, theres literally no excuse.

Nope, that's the best way to get your game nuked off Steam. It has happened to devs before.

3 days to go and while Falcom keeps dripping stuff about CS3, Xseed does nothing, the CS Steam page has 1 Pointless video with a random conversation between 2 characters that will make anyone that doesn't already know them go ??? WTF? and 4 screenshots, 2 technical blog posts by Durante with small videos showing a few improvements and that's it.
YOU DON'T START A MARKETING CAMPAIGN ON RELEASE DAY
Can someone tell me if the original release was any different? did they at least tried?

NISA would if they think that it would make them money

see this game ? They could just as easily cut half the script by "removing unnecessary dialogue" from NPCs and what not. someting tells me YS 8 is their test and if it succeeded, expect far more partnerships with FALCOM, i beat Cold Steel 3 looks tasty to NISA.

It's not that hard when Xseed put 0 effort and hires ONE PR, a company well know for…something? i mean their social pages are just empty and their site pure garbage so they must be REALLY cheap. I just don't get why, they don't want more money? they don't want people knowing about Kiseki? are they really THAT incompetent?

Given the company's small size, it's hard to say, but it wouldn't hurt to let them know that it would be good and profitable for Falcom to consider hiring translators so they could localize their games themselves, cutting out the middleman (whoever they decide to go with) that could potentially affect their profits negatively.

Unfortunately, most normalfags who either eat steam's shit willingly or feel like there's no other option for PC won't opt for the cracked version of the game. Doesn't help that Steam actively killed physical PC copies and all third party multiplayer server companies most PC games relied on during it's rise, which forced other companies like EA, Ubisoft, and Epic games to create Steam-like services for their games in order to keep us on a leash on their games. GOG also has an issue of advertising itself and being more noticed as an alternative for steam and other DRM services when they could take advantage of more and more people wanting to actually own their games (though their (as of this point) optional Galaxy service is a bit concerning if they start to use that like steam's service).

I remember them putting up trailers and gameplay and such of CS1.

The Cold Steel trailers were kind of cringy if I can recall.

Is Coldsteel basically 3D TitS?

Not really cringy, but very lackluster. The launch trailer especially. youtube.com/watch?v=wzptisTqXCk

Just very… unenthusiastic.

I thought the story trailer was actually pretty alright.
youtube.com/watch?v=xbExi37JmT0

Basically. The same formula in a different setting with different characters/framing. In TitS you're junior bracers having to travel to different locations to get recommendations. In CS you're students of a military academy doing jobs eerily similar to that of a Bracer (there are decent story reasons. One of them being that your teacher is a "former" Erebonian Bracer.) during field trips for field experience.

In Crossbell you're a new, special section of the police force that's meant to re-establish the police force as an authority (also end up being friendly rivals with the Bracers in Crossbell)

I'm not sure how CS3 will be structured, but the main character is now a teacher at the military academy from CS1/CS2.

Talking gameplay wise, truth be told I couldn't care less about lore and I think that's why I didn't get far into TitS

Fundamentally they're the same. But in CS there's no grid. There's just a circular "field" on the battlefield with how far you're able to move/attack. They still show the AOE of your attacks or spells.

The quartz system has been streamlined so it's easier to "build" characters differently. Master Quartz gives you certain abilities and stat boosts. So basically you can take a magic-focused master quartz and equip it to anyone, then customize the rest of the normal quartz around that. Like building one character to be a purely physical attacker with very little arts.Certain arts only come on certain quartz, instead of just being available once you have the right amount of the quartz needed.

Like say the art Silver Thorn. In TitS you need a certain amount of Mirage quartz in your Orbment to have it available to cast. While in CS, the art will just be attached to a quartz that you can equip.

Some people understandably dislike the new system because it takes away a lot of customization in favor of streamlining (this was even referenced ingame in CS2, neatly enough), but I kinda like both systems.

Crossbell's quartz system is kind of the middle ground. You get Master Quartz but it handles other quartz like TitS does.

Don't they do that with 18+ patches on VNs

It really depends from what I noticed.

Thats absolutely wrong, most of them were already dying and Gamespy centralized most of it

*in Ao, not Zero

Yeah, missed that part.

damn that launch trailer is horrible, they are suppose to show the features as something exciting not something bland and boring like this, the game felt so cheap and amateurish that i kinda feel bad for Nihon Falcom.

XSeed's marketing is questionable at best. They don't even try to build hype about their games. The only thing they do when it comes to teasing or anything is on twitter

Hiring PR companies and other marketing agencies is some bullshit. Advertising is a simple trade that is easier and more affordable/accessible now than ever before. However, if you are that unimaginative and incompetent that you can't even build hype for a fucking computer game, you need help. Do yourself a favor XSEED and check this shit out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gruen_Transfer

I'm fucking embarassed. It's like XSEED didn't learn a damn thing from Xanadu Next. They managed to do some alright advertising for The 3rd, at least by their standards, but what the fuck is wrong with them? 2 blog posts by Durante are NOT sufficient advertising.

The port is fucking gold, and they're just letting it fizzle onto the storefronts. God fucking damnit, XSEED.

Can someone tell me what this franchise is? I want an explanation from fans and not jewgle, leddit or kikepedia.

Falcom is a company. They have made many different games in many different series. Technically, this thread is about any of them. However, if you're talking about the series that has taken up most of the thread, it's the Trails series (Kiseki in Japanese) a jrpg series with a sprawling epic story that's seven games long right now (not counting the Gacha game), with an eighth set to come out in Japan in September. The games are separated into "arcs" each taking place in a different country on the same continent. In the span of the series only a little less than five years have passed in-universe (a character who was 12 in the first game is 16 in the newest), so naturally the world is pretty dense in character and plots. The first three games are called "Trails in the Sky." All three are translated and on Steam and GoG. The next two are the Crossbell games, which would probably be translated as Trails to/from Zero and Trails to Azure. These are not out in English yet, but there are fan projects working on that. They're extremely long games, so it takes a while. After that the next three games are the Trails of Cold Steel games. The first two of those were originally released on the PS3 and Vita (in English too), but are being ported to the PC, with the first one due out this coming week. Trails of Cold Steel 3 is coming out in Japan in September, with no word on a western release yet, though it will probably happen.

The games are unique in the extreme amount of continuity between games, overarching series-wide plot and recurring characters on a scope never seen in a video game series before.

Ha that's fair.

Just remove all the NPC dialogue and replace it with

The goyim will never know.

Removing and/or rewriting.

The first time I ever heard about TitS was on a gamefaqs forum years ago.

The best marketing these games ever had I feel was an article on kotaku. It is sad because the games DESERVE success.

Honestly this video probably did more for the series than XSeed ever has (in terms of marketing, I mean. Obviously they put love into the actual work). There's a ton of people in the comments saying the game looks interesting and I've even seen one or two forum posts from people saying they tried the series out because of it and loved it.

The title is clickbaity, but the content is good.

Marvelous Europe clearly made better marketing for their Senran Kagura series too, so it's clear XSEED has issues with marketing.

I bet it's Ken Berry.

they could at least present the improvements by now, but nope 2015 price, DLCs not include, no Dual Audio, no even trying to sell the game.

that is truly pathetic, Xseed basically doesn't do marketing because they are "a small company/too poor" or at least they claim, but it's all Bullshit since nowadays there plenty of FREE marketing tools to use and if they can't hire someone to do it's up to the director/owners himself, but never do what XSEED is doing which is nothing. Was not for the "quality" of the translations i would even say Trails is been wasted in Xseed hands., they truly love the series but they are, first and foremost, a business, one that doesn't know how to sell their products and "spread that love".

XSEED is retarded like that.
Meanwhile Spikechun Soft put their first game on Steam. It was Conception 2. They advertised it as a waifu game and made it dual audio compared to the consoles versions, making it the best version. Waifufags and huge weebs all bought the game as a result so it sold decent despite dozen of Vitafags screaming the game was bad because they didn't want the game to sell on Steam out of fear that Spikechunsoft would continue putting games on Steam.

Watching Xseed twiter feed and facebook( where the GENIUS made a page for series instead of making use of their main page) just fill me me anger, 2 days to release and nothing, no effort whatsoever. what pisses me off the most is that BIG PC CS sales= a possible Zero and Azure translation or at lest a faster PC CS3, but Xseed did nothing to achieve that instead they gave reasons to ignore the game( high price no Dual Audio, DLC not included).

its One BIG tale about War, Religion, Demons, Technology, jewish tricks and Politics disguised as "more of the same jRPG"(or at least Trails in the Sky is, since Zero is very upfront about it), the must unique thing about it is the writing which takes the time to make character look more "human", instead of just screaming LETS SAVE THE WORLD! AND KILL BADDIES! but sometimes it overdoes it.

oh i remember that, the game is mediocre at best but yeah waifu bait guaranties 15k+ sales.

Yeh it's crazy how well the game sold. And you had tons of people on the steam forums saying "DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IT'S BAD", I'm serious. I can't help but feel they just wanted to sabotage sales since you could see the same people do the same for several others spikechunsoft releases on steam on their forums.

Now you're just saying the same thing every post but changing the day. I agree that they have shit marketing, but jesus user. Are you going to actually tell them that or are you just going to continue bitching in circles.

you have no idea how angry this makes me, to see a great product wasted, so yes i will bitch about it until release day and yes i did tell them that by email and social media, like it would change anything but at least i tried. the thread is very slow anyway so stop bitching about me bitching i guess.

Want XSeed to get better at Marketing? Complain about it. Seriously.

Tell them the problem, tell them why it's a problem, tell them the solution, tell them why it will work. Hell, if you want, cut a trailer or two yourself, show them how it's done. Pitch it right, and you could just make your own job at XSeed as a marketing person.

Their marketing is frankly pathetic, so why not try to fix it? Hell, you could even get something major out of it yourself. I would, but I like my current career.

I'll even throw out a couple of ideas of trailers to make:

Bam. Weeks worth of marketing material. Not to mention articles on gaming websites you could arrange, giving out interviews with the loc team to talk about the series, etc. Easy mode shit that would garner more attention and sales for the series. It doesn't even matter if you do it post release, just attach an available now bumper and people will still flock to it. This is an easy pitch to make. Go for it anons.

operationrainfall.com/2017/07/31/interview-nihon-falcom/

FUCK

that's right, tell them like i did otherwise how would they know it's a big problem?
only do that if really want/can get a position at Xseed otherwise don't "do it for free", no matter how much you love the series, in the end of the day this is business and if they can't be bothered to sell their own product, one which they invested time and resources, why should you?

I'm not saying "do it for free", I'm saying show them an example of your skill and offer them your services as a job. Don't make yourself a chump.

I understand for a Vita game, but you're talking about a PC port right? The reason devs like Steam is because it does most of the marketing for them.

New releases list, top sellers list, discovery queue, curators, reviews, etc. are all marketing that helps sell games.

Is there some summary of what we know of CS3?

There's a lot and it's pretty scattered. Is there something specific you're looking to know?

THEN HOW COME THEY CAN'T MARKET THEIR OWN PRODUCTS HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
xseedmarketing.com/the_team.html

how many of the "team" still there? just Ken Berry?

All DLC will be available, and some are included in the base price, according to Tom on their forums. Just not all of the DLC's included, so players will have to buy whatever's left.

Ken and Iwasaki were the last holdouts, and then Iwasaki left for GungHo NA after 2012. So Ken's basically second-in-command now, and the current president formerly was in charge of Atlus USA. Still doesn't explain why they don't bother to market, since Marvelous Europe has less pedigree but more of a marketing team than just contracted PR and localization people.

XSEED is Arc System Works on PC tier when it comes to marketing, and that's fucking crazy. I still remember how those madmen actually released Guilty Gear Overture without any news, not even any blogposts or tweets, it just one day appeared out of the blue, but at least it was obvious the game'd do like shit no matter what, it was an old port of a very different spinoff game two people on earth ever played.

But then they even did nothing but shill their big sale of Guilty Gear Xrd Rev1 on PS4 just as it was about to come out on PC without characters that were free on PS for some. At least the price was a bit lower than on console launch, but it was still stupid. Arcsys is seemingly improving since as they're keeping more parity, but Xseed is seriously on that level of fucking up.

This would be a good time for those of us who can speak, read, and write Japanese to write to Falcom and inform them what we are looking for in a localization. Let them know how having NISA localize games tends to have a negative impact on a game's sales due to how they localize their games, and that having NISA localize VIII is making many fans of their games hesitant or even not considering buying the game due to NISA, as well as letting them know that we would prefer them to directly translate the games themselves to prevent the game from being tarnished, even if its just Jap dub with subtitles.

If they say they don't know what we want, then why don't we inform them?

Looks like someone broke embargo. But goddamn the combat on PC is like butter. Hell everything is.

I also think they rerecorded some lines.

And people will wonder why their games are dub only.

I just beat Ys II! Now do I go to Oath of Felghana (keeping in numerical order), or to Dawn of Ys (classics before remakes) from here? Original III looks pretty bad.

XSEED technically said only reviews were embargoed, so if they didn't want video up, their fault.

Ys VI is hard to go back to after Felghana and there are some references, so do that next.

I think Cold Steel is dub only because Americans can't read subs. Remember that Xseed targets the American market foremost. Ideally the games would be dual audio ofcourse but if you only have the budget for a good English dub OR Japanese what do you choose?

Choose wisely.

At least Xseed is cool. They're the only ones who made it so easy to mod in the Japanese voices for the Trails games.

I'm playing ZnK and Tio is making my orbal staff hard. Access!

It reminds me of the English Grandia dub, to be honest.

I don't know about Conception or the others, but I do know MC:OWH was absolute garbage compared to One Way Heroics(+)

60fps still worth even with those issues, hell just watching PS3 gameplay the loading in/out battle pissed me off and now it's basically gone.

Original 3 is an alright game, but it's mighty easy. I think it's worth playing solely to see how a mediocre game is the second best of the series.
Or third, I dunno what Dana's like.

You're meant to make Toddposts in the designated Todd threads user, this doesn't look like one to me. Or is Todd part of Xseed now? Either way, you should've taken some effort and made or added a picture like this one.
Besides your shilling, almost every game can be modded these days. Any niche title which people care about has them pretty much, especially if it's just voices. NISA stuff on PC has mods, Grandia 2 had several to improve music/graphic quality/difficulty of the mediocre port. Even way more brutal examples like Bravely Second/Fates on 3DS had people trying to mod them and I think the former has results already, with Fates being at halt because of member autism. If we extend your shill logic Treehouse must be super based since it's possible to do that.

Americans only makes up around 35% of sales on Steam. But hey let's continue pandering to Americans when 55% sales come from outside English speakers countries.

What's the fucking point then

If I had the budget I'd choose a good English dub. This is in general and not just for Trails or Ys.

I've noticed a fair few games having "stray" voice lines that aren't subtitled. Like in marketplaces in certain games you'd hear people calling out what they're selling, but that isn't subtitled.

Yakuza is a sub-only game but not every line is subbed, like lines that characters say while you're running around.

Understandably they're not subbed because it would probably cause conflict if you do talk to characters who have subs.

People who care about dual audio over everything else including the quality of localization are the most autismal weaboo fucks ever. And I'm pretty much a Japanese game-only gamer.

Nah you're clearly a dub faggot.

You spell weeaboo wrong, not a good sign.

Also I got a couple of questions about Trails.
One, is the combat faster in the later games? I'm kind of getting sick with how slow it is.
Two, maximum party size? Am I going to have like a billion people in my party but can only have three at a time or what?

Can't speak for coldsteel yet, but the combat does get faster from FC to SC and from the sky trilogy to the crossbell games.
Max party size is 4, unused members stay behind and you can't swap them out in the field. Don't worry about keeping everyone equally levelled and just use who you want, since the way exp is scaled means it will only take a few battles to bring back up someone who's underlevelled.

Is this gonna end like Ys 7 where the final boss requires the use of all party members?

Trails in the sky the 3rd does, but in FC and SC you go into the final boss with only your party.

Yes, you fuckers should be used to eating American scraps by now. You love the taste.

And you're a sub faggot who shills NISA, calling them fine even after admitting you had to use an uncensor patch made by fans for Criminal Girls.

They've censored Criminal Girls 2. But they're fine, right? They're "considering" a patch, but no, they won't. Because they don't want to re-rate the game for platform that requires no rating (Steam). So they'll just port Party Favours with all its censorship intact and wash their hands of the matter. Then fans will probably have to make another patch. But you'll download both again and say NISA is fine, right?

You're gonna buy ten copies of Ys VIII! Gotta show XSeed by buying a product that'll most likely be inferior given NISA's track record!

It's amazing how triggered you get when someone says "I'd rather the localization be good, even if it's dub-only." You look like one of those people who'll willingly let anything happen to a game's localization once you get Japanese dub. Shit won't save you from a poor localization. Hell, Akiba's Beat is an example of retarded localization with Japanese dub. And that's Xseed. And I agree, it's fucking retarded. XSeed isn't great. But at least they care about the continuity of Trails and Ys.

I get not liking XSeed, I think they're mediocre in a lot of ways. But you think supporting NISA will do anything? Other than fueling their shit localizations?

You think NISA will care about continuity of a series? For one of the Touhou games they translated, they turned "ayayaya", which is a quirk of speech, into "wow". They didn't even bother to put in a lick of research into the series they're translating. What makes you think they'll do the same for Ys VIII? They already showed it in their initial translations. You think they care about what fans of the series have to say? No. They won't. Once they see idiots like you, who'll jump off a cliff for dual audio, willingly shell out cash for their woolsey-tier localizations they will GLADLY shit in your mouth.

Hope you like that taste when you buy the game.

"Mmh! It's shit but it tastes good! You're just overreacting, guys! I patched it with a fan made patch! NISA is good!"

Use cheatengine to speed up battles

"Rean why are you fighting civil war when you could be headpatting your drunk older sensei RIGHT NOW?"

Grow up. NISA won Ys VIII and it's for a greater good.

What's with shills invading this thread?

Holy shit please kill yourself, I'd rather falcom games never leave japan than have them go through NISA

I'm not a shill. I'm just sick of the retards at XSEED insisting on dubbing Jap games. Not my fault if NISA had to be the ones to get Ys VIII. It'd been any other company, it'd been dual audio too. It just happens NISA were the ones to get it, saving the game from XSEED's mediocre dubs.

Get fucked, retard.

And this is how you reveal yourself as a proper NISA shill, if anyone ignored the evidence earlier in the thread.

Dual audio=greater good.
Buy a gun, while it's still legal in your shithole and blow off your brain. Thanks.

If the original voices being intact is the only thing that matters, why would a jp only release not be the superior option? Then you'd have the original voices, and an intact script.
I implore you to reconsider living

Take your own advice.

Says the retard bitching about a perfect dual audio/PC+PS4+Vita release just because "muh NISA". Just deal with it and pirate the game if you feel the translation is bad. It's not like it's gonna be hard to pirate the game since it'll be day one on PC.

Off yourself, NISA shill.

For a guy with only PC and Switch from current gen like me, yeah, that's an improvement. There's no way in hell Xseed would get Ys8 done on PC in earlier than 2 years from today and that's me being very optimistic since it'd come out on consoles mid-late next year at earliest. If Cold Steel are an indication, the price would be jewish despite the delay as well, with no DLC compensation of any sort. If NISA has just a grain of intelligence, after noticing people's reaction at them taking Ys8 they'll at least attempt to make it good, so I think there'll be no major fuck ups.

In other words, unless they are even more stupid than people say it should be at least decent, because it'd be very fucking retarded of them to try half-assing shit now. Even Nintendo must've noticed the outrage at FE:Fates because the next FE had a decently good translation and that's a very big company for the comparison, so I cannot believe a small one could showcase more ignorance of something it just got than such a giant does of a relatively small franchise it owns. That'd be hard to comprehend if it happened.

Retard.

I think people are blinded by their hate for NISA. Personally I can stay neutral as I have not owned a single console since the SNES. Their PC ports have been ok to me and the few games I've played from them didn't seem that bad. The only other game I've played from them that wasn't a PC port was Disgaea 2 through emulation like over 10 years ago.

Kids being bored in class so they feel like defending a shit company.

Ys is a very niche series compared to fire emblem, I doubt that the outrage will be anywhere nearly as big as fates, even if NISA went out of their way to make it as awful as possible. Plus, it doesn't even matter if NISA pisses off the previous fans with the terrible localization, they'll just market to the normalfag hordes instead.
Ys 8 runs on the same engine as cold steel, which is already a fairly easy engine to port. I don't know how long the cold steel port has been in the works for but I doubt porting ys 8 will take that long. It's not ideal having to wait, but if the alternative option is NISA, I'd rather just learn japanese. Too bad there isn't a single localizer that's truly great, but xseed for all their flaws are still miles above a company that cares so little they've managed to introduce console bricking bugs when all they're supposed to be doing is replacing text/assets.

Only a shill would defend NISA.

Stop shitposting retarded console cuck. I don't give a shit what they did on consoles years ago. Got it?

I think you're wrong, it doesn't work that way. Especially the outrage part, the smaller the company the greater the impact of outrage. Fates didn't even have a really big one, though even some normalfags were moved, so maybe I'm underestimating it?
Still, Ys is a niche series as you've said. Normalfags don't appear from thin air, someone must tell them about it when it's niche, and NISA might be richer than Xseed, but they don't seem to be strong enough to really market a game that hard. Sure, they seem to care more in this regard as I've checked twitters of both Xseed for CS PC and NISA for Ys8 and the former does jack shit but brag about PC achievements (is that really even a feature? Every game has them) four days before release while the latter seems to do some giveaways for those who retweet and favourite, so typical marketing. That's far from enough for normalfags to buy it without word of mouth I think, though I could be wrong. Weebs might and will appear because they can into dual audio and there's enough waifus, but I don't think that'll apply to the the wide normalfag type unless the fans shill it to them.

On the other hand several of the people who play games on my Steam friends list have Ys8 in their wishlist (way more than had Nier IIRC), so maybe I'm wrong. Hard to say, their videos on youtube do have a fair amount of views. It might turn more popular or maybe not.

Cold Steel came out in 2013 in Japan, 2015/16 NA/EU from what I see. About 2 years to port from PC after it took them around 2 years to translate, so 4 total, and still the same price with no DLC after all that. If it even came out because that's not 100% certain.

I remember reading about that and still can't comprehend it. Was it someone at their company actively sabotaging the games or what? I remember installing some mods/patches that added texts and translations to games back in the day which ended up making the game crash, but they were fucking mods. Who knows what the modders actually did.

You are more of a shill than anyone else with "Xseed putting love into their work" at which is seriously a sentence shilly as all shit. They're doing it for money, not out of love. Not even Nintendo does stuff because they love it and I'm saying that as a a fucking nintendrone. They want my money, they give me what I want or what seems like something I want, they get my money. Some of the higher ups might enjoy being applauded for the resulting work or what they seem was accomplished, but most of them are just overworked Nips looking forward to their next payment. Simple as that.
Also you're retarded if you think people not liking what is ultimately a shitty, very slow translation company makes them NISA shills.

Why the fuck are people in this thread so defensive of something as bad as Xseed anyway?

People are really defensive about NISA, from what I noticed it's some kind of grudge they have over what they've done on consoles. I can't help but not feel concerned as I've been a PCfags for YEARS. From what I noticed they haven't done anything wrong lately apart from having the horrible idea of putting CG1 censored on Steam. This is absolutely not something I defended either. Also unlike what people said before, NISA does listen to criticism, at least for the Steam release of Disgaea 1 PC they seemed to imply they didn't want to bother adding XBOX360 button, however the patched that after enough people complained/asked for a patch. As a matter of fact all their others games got those prompts, including Stranger in Sword City which originally showed only 12345 generic buttons. So I think it's fair if enough people complained about typos or actual mistranslation, they'd consider patching that. At least on PC since it doesn't cost them anything compared to patching consoles. I will gladly complain on forums myself if there's a thread pointing out mistakes after release, because I believe that's the right thing to do.

oh boy if only you knew the myth and legend of the Xseed games steam, Seraphna. The shill bitch will attack anyone that dares criticize and is a poison of the highest degree, i'm willing to beat that some people the were interested in the game but went to the steam forum got turned off so hard that they chose to just ignore the damn game.

well love pay no bills, as for NISA because of this games i won't ever forgive or support them, all the hate they get is well deserved. Xseed is far from perfect but NISA deserves death.

Because as I've said, the alternative is NISA. We don't exactly have a surplus of good localizers, but NISA is at the absolute bottom of the barrel along with treehouse and 8-4. I don't think people would have as much of a problem if ys 8 went to [Localizer that isn't 200% shit], it's because it went to NISA specifically, not because it's not xseed getting it.
Regardless, no way am I going to buy ys 8, for the same reason you should never buy an EA game. NISA is scum that do not deserve your money, regardless of the actual quality of the product. "It doesn't/didn't affect me" does not excuse their shit, because you are supporting them as a whole by purchasing their games. Not to mention this may lead to NISA getting more falcom games in the future, and I don't think I need to explain why I don't want to see NISA do a trails game.
The only bright side to this is with a pc release people can start working on a full retranslation like the nepfags did.

What sped-up lip flaps? Notice that happens when "Turbo Mode" is on, which seems to be a kind of speedhack which Durante hasn't revealed yet. He wasn't able to fix self-casting shadows unfortunately, but environment/object shadows are great now. Those load times are just too good to be true.

If that were true, If that were true, SC would've been cancelled with all of its dev issues and FC would likely be the only game in the West.

yes, i didn't notice Turbo mode was on and by Aidios the difference these load times will make.

I don't know who came up with the idea of violin+clapping but whoever they are they are a genius.
I never thought anything could top Ys Origin's OST but I might be very wrong.

I should switch my ID filter to an ID+.

I think this has been both the fastest and worst thread we've ever had.

Thanks to ShillAutist being off his meds

Some of the evolution tracks are nice.

Some aren't that great though.

Evolution tracks tend to be, in general, worse. They overinstrumentalize too much. Take, for example, the two versions of this track. They play at a very emotional moment. In that cases, the more minimal track from the original is much more impactful. The Evo version is too busy and ruins it.

I only had to hear Get Over the Barrier to come to an understanding on this.

I have always and forever preferred hearing the original audio track with subtitles. For many reasons, but the one most relevant for these games is that the voice 'actors' hired are usually American. This is not an inherently bad decision, but, it's the only consistent factor of the horrible, cringe inducing dubs that are always done. Some voice actors from America are masters of speech; since nip titles are niche and localized by cliquey companies, they seem to grab any dickhead friend of theirs off the twitter. Then again, maybe these wouldn't be niche titles if XSEED could into marketing.

I swear this entire thread is a mass collision of XSEED and NISA employees and their fans. NISA is the product of an incestuous bout with the hell lord Satan himself. Their history can never be forgotten. If, by some miracle, NISA manages to pull it's finger out of it's ass this does not look likely at this vase then i may forgive it's past transgressions. For now XSEED remains pure, if delusional at times. I can only hope that things get better in the future through optimism and prayer alone.

Not since they censored Senran Kagura and meme up their translations.

Better than NISA =/= good

I've not played Senran Kagura, but, i did notice some things in the the 3rd trails that i didn't find to be at all fitting. You may be right, but i specifically meant that they're not what i consider evil, at least not like NISA is. Not infallible. 'Pure' was a poor choice of word.

Explain.

They're removed the ages from every Senran Kagura game.

Yes, because that's the only way the game could legally be released in NA because Canada are a bunch of cucks. Tom literally put his job on the line to keep them from changing the ages outright and instead just left them off. This isn't censorship. Call me when they change an actual model.

Give me one. If it's what I think, I have an answer for you.

I hope you don't seriously believe that.

Pic related

Oh shit, are you one of the autists who cried about the Valk Drive shit too? Good god kill yourself if you think ages not included is censorship.

If they wanted to be released in Canada, yes. Canada's laws would classify it as CP. I'm not even joking.

Tom even fucking said so himself that there was no legal reason for ages to be removed. Stop making shit up just to defend them.

What the fuck is going on in this thread? I can only think the imminent release of CS1 on PC is the cause, which seems really fucking insidious if you ask me.

Hello XSEED. It's more of a feeling. Some of the chests were kind of lame and i didn't like how some of the guys sounded, like how Agate said crud once, i think, and Kevin had some similar odd lines. It may have been the source. I think i remember being annoyed by something Estelle said once too, but i try to ignore that sort of thing as it doesn't happen enough to sour the rest of the script and it's just my own taste in writing. Probably.

You have a very low tolerance for this sort of thing. I know nothing about Canada's laws but i wouldn't make a fuss over the ages, of all things, as it's not nearly on the same level of changes that NISA is fond of. I think it's fair for you to be upset about it, but would you really call it censorship?

It's madness. This thread usually has less of the cancer 8/v/ is riddled with.

I'm not XSeed, I'm just somewhat familiar with the Japanese script. The chests are 100% original though. In Japanese they just all say the same thing. I figured pic related is what you were talking about.

Are you sure about the chests? Even the ones at the end of the game with the thanks for playing and stuff? That's so cute.

Oh yeah, the chests are XSeed original. In Japanese all chests just say "the chest is empty." XSeed saw that each one of these dialogue boxes was actually unique rather than being programmed to one dialogue sequence, so they edited each individual one as kind of an artists signature. Those messages at the end of 3rd were from XSeed specifically.

What the fuck happened to this thread? It reads like those Xenoblade Chronicles X threads that used to pop up all the time. Also anyone defending NISA deserves to be gassed, censorship aside, releasing broken games and refusing to patch them is unforgivable. Xseed isn't perfect, but at least they aren't the niggers of localization.

The paranoid in me thinks NISA is hiring people to sabotage XSeed to make it easier from them to get the Trails license.

Are you new here? Censorship is always shit on here, even if it's your favorite company.

Seems like typical goonposting to me, but I have been nervous about NISA getting CS3. I passionately hate english dubs, but I'll take those over NISA's cringe writing and the pile of bugs they'll leave in a game as big as a Trails game.

Yes, i did mean those and maybe even a few others. Obviously not an issue, if not a bit unprofessional.

Surely not. Shilling is a term thrown around far more than it should be since anyone actually being paid to distort discussions would have to be morally corrupt in the highest regard. More likely is that someone from America cannot ditch their ego for the sake of impartial anonymous discussion. A familiar story.

Again, I said it was probably just me being paranoid. The only thing that actually bugs me is the timing, when these threads have basically been problem free for months.

Its been going on almost five years sense I've touched their shitty products. Fix Disgaea D2 and uncensore Mugen Souls you greedy NISA faggot, then maybe, just maybe, we will talk again.

It's definitely shocking to see this level of shitflinging in a Falcom thread. This is probably the only thread I've ever known to be almost entirely cancer free.

Some of the chest memes are questionable, but it's not like they're replacing regular dialogue with memes like NISA does.
And they knew when to tone it down, like when Kevin and Ries are dropped into Gehanna and all the chests there read "The chest is empty"

I checked every chest in 3rd because I was sure XSeed, who is full of lefties, wouldn't be able to resist a Trump dig, but I was surprised, they didn't. Even in an area where they technically had free reign to put what they wanted, they kept politics out of their work. I may not agree with them, but being able to separate your personal opinions from your work is exactly what a professional does, the exact opposite of how people at places like Treehouse act.

Even the stalker thread gets routinely fucked. I'd feel much safer if this thread was elsewhere or if 8/v/ got it's shit together like 8/a/. Is summer holidays over in the U.S of A yet? at least for collage? I can't keep subjecting myself to unfiltered cancer.

I'd rather have a bit of fun than what happened in SC. The first trails chests are definitely my favorite and you have a good point about toning it down when inappropriate.
That's so important for translation. Imagine if we had the same logic applied in here.

Hell, Hatsuu took a fair bit of those chest quotes from Twitter which accounts for some of the memes at least. I saw two of my suggestions pop up which made me laugh a bit

I would like to apologize on my part for arguing with the one "neutral" shill in the beginning of the thread longer than I should have. Between my annoyance and sadness with NISA localizing Ys VIII with their track record, and the one user defending them despite the amount of evidence showing why they are a terrible company and telling others to deal with it, I couldn't just let that bullshit slide. I'll try to focus on less arguing and more on the information/experiences with the games next time.

Which ones?

It's fine. We're only 25 posts from the bump limit, though. I guess it'll go over once people start talking about the PC port tomorrow and we'll just make the next one.

Yes, it never affected me, hence I don't give a fuck. Deal with it. I'm not following anyone's hivemind. Not Neogaf, but not this place or any other either.

And I'm the guy who's supposedly shitposting here, ok. Not to mention even the original ages in the Senran Kagura games do not make any senses anyway. Most of the girls look either much older or much younger than the age given to them.

You're defending the indefensible. I'm only pointing out that XSEED isn't as perfect as everyone acts like they are.

Tom is the only thing keeping XSEED from being bottom of the barrel shit like NISA.

The fact you're bitching about fucking AGES makes your whole argument fall apart. Mirai for example looks TEN, not SIXTEEN. If anything that's Japan self-censoring themselves to make it "more okay to sexualize her".
Also what I'm saying is I'll buy good NISA releases. If that angers you, calm your autism a bit.

Unfortunately summer vacation doesn't end until September in the US. It's kind of a shame 8/a/ is super slow. I can't even browse 4/a/. I took a peek the other day, it's fucking reddit with images.

Nobody here acts that way. We know that outside Trails they're iffy, the point is they've shown that they're the only people who do a damn good job with the majority of Falcom games. The only issue is their marketing. Maybe you forgot you're in a Falcom thread. Maybe you forgot XSEED does most of Falcoms games until recently. Discussion will cross over, naturally.

SOON

Are the NISA shills done trying to get people to support cancer yet and pretending that "good NISA releases" exist?
Can I ask questions about less fucked Falcom games yet? I just want to know how the PS4/PSV ports of Ys Origin are outside the blood removal since it's on sale on PSN and when GOG.com usually updates their store?

I've heard that there are some performance issues, but I don't have a ps4 or vita so I can't verify.
Why not just get it on pc?

People with different opinions are not "shills", retard. As for your question, I would be careful if I were you as the guys who ported the games are infamous for making terrible ports.

Already own it on the PC, I even imported a physical copy since it's my second favorite falcom game. I just mainly wanted the Vita version so I can play it during business trips.
I can put up with a few performance dips here and there but if it's something that happens like every other minute then I'll pass.

rpgsite.net/preview/5859-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-port-impressions

Performance issues and less blood
Though portability is indeed a plus

Took them a while to annouce some kind of timeframe

I really hope the gog release isn't far off from the steam release like Xanadu Next was.

Yeah, I guess I'll get it since it's only 16 syrup bucks. If I put up with Ys VI PSP's and Ys Seven's shit performance I think I could handle whatever Ys Origin throws at me. Plus I won't have to open my LRG limited edition if I buy it digitally

Well seems quite obvious we do have some Xseed employees lurking here, not that i really mind, but this is one of the worst answer and excuses i have ever seem to not even trying to market your product, he is basically saying "those who don't know the series will probably not buy it because of a trailer(marketing)!" which is absurdly retarded, but holy hell if that is how they thing i don't see a point in sending emails or writing long posts explain what they should, how and why that mentally is just plain retarded, for the looks of it their mind is basically made.

i guess it will take a heavy punch in guts for them to wake up

Funny how you get this from a niche publisher, but when a huge publisher like squeenix does a port you get a broken shitshow and denuvo. I'll definitely pick this up on the premise of someone getting this shit right.

Xseed really needs to hire a marketer or at least get Marvelous to show them how it's done.
Their marketing team is the equivalent to NISA's programmers; Non-existent

Yep, XSeed's laziness when it comes to advertising their larger games is still really apparent.

At least their efforts are where it matters
I'll admit though this and no subs is a slap to the face.

Yeah but a lot of their biggest problems stem from the fact they suck at marketing. They could have easily had some big company growth by now if they hired someone that actually market/boost sales.

More like actively posting, if "support the games" redtexted in the OP and constant defensive of anything bad Xseed does were not dead giveaways enough. That and the pure coincidence of a guy "getting a review copy" a week before third Trails was released. This is a fucking shilling central and nothing more.

Xseed is the best means to Falcom games, nothing more.
Is that why people are giving Xseed shit for shit marketing and no subs?

Funny how fags like you appear when NISA shills like bcfd68 do when the company has seen massive losses in the last few years and is now competing with Xseed for Falcom games.

Pure coincidence though, right?

Grow up.

"Support the games" also means importing; I'm sure many people imported Ys VIII for PSVita when it first came out.

You're delusional.

People from techraptor, nichegamer, RPGsite and oprainfall browse this board all the time and talk about the games they're review all the time. You can easily pick them out in the friday night threads every week and it's not just xseed games they do it for.

Hell I can even tell the exact person you are thinking about; James Galizio

Good fucking god. You just outed yourself as a retard I guess.

I don't have a Vita. Did I say I imported the game?

Stop being salty that people didn't give NISA money, shill.

Not an argument and we have IDs here
Go shill your shit back at cuckchan, they'll be sure to eat it with a smile if need be.

what you think FALCOM will think if their games sold a lot more when published by NISA instead of Xseed? no amount of "efforts are where it matters" will count in the face of money.

Yes, keep pretending to not be a Vitard.

Yes I know there are IDs, that's why I called you a retard considering the crap you've posted in this thread.

That's what I fear the most, really. If Falcom ditches XSeed, NISA will butcher and rape Falcom's franchises. Idiots like our friend here will still eat it up.

Keep pretending to not be a NISA shill.

The salt from these litteral drones is going to be delicious. As for me, I'll enjoy getting my dual audio while XSEED can focus on the Senran Kagura games instead. Those games however I will support since they give us the JP voices. I'm not difficult, you give me a ok PC port with JP voices, you get my money.

Keep pretending that you're not a retard.

That's what I did, now I won't feel bad for pirating NISA's cancerous Ys VIII release when people actually fix the game and getting my friends to pirate it.

Falcom never cared about quality regardless of who handled their games, if they cared they would have set up an international branch by now.

The big masses cares not for who publish a game or how butchered it is, as they most likely won't even know it is butchered and just play/buy it because "it looks interesting!". The biggest problem is that neither does FALCOM, if NISA gets them more money than Xseed, no amount of "love" will matter and NISA will get whatever they want leaving me to either ignore or pirate as they will never get my money.

No, but I do care about good ports and translations and the consequences of your post will likely stop that.

IT'S OUT

Yeah, it's true. Money matters more.

In a perfect world Falcom would have their own localization studio.

that was the point user

oh shit it really is

Tom… Tom please stop being dumb. Just because you're niche doesn't mean you don't have to put in any effort to attract buyers.

Time to pirate :^)

Yup, here's the size.

Wait for the GOG version.

I'm lying, I don't really have time to play the game anyway. My Steam backlog is way too big.

wait…

SHIT

Well if they keep using NISA, I just get more free games in the end. I'd even go as far as to stop importing their games outside of the rare favorites. Why bother supporting a company that doesn't care about a big chunk of the audience? Japs will fund their games regardless of the localizations so they clearly don't need support.

come on son.

Sorry Xseed but i will pirate this, for now that is, i buy the damn thing on GOG next month though but the dentist got whatever money i had left.

reposting

At least you didn't show your account ID, so it's not too bad.

true, also shit just finished. I'll let you guys know if it's locked to 16:9 for those that have Ultrawide monitors.

fuck you

I remember I got cucked so many times back when I had a 16:10 monitor that I switched to a 16:9 monitor years ago. Fuck that shit man.

Yeah but we know it's the cakeboss tho

How's Nightmare difficulty in CS compared to TitS?

Will I hate myself and give up halfway through?

A few bosses at the end will really suck, and last boss comes down to luck half the time anyway, so make sure Rean's leveled way more than the rest of the team. You'll spend extra time tweaking everyone to make it through chapter bosses, but stay on top of your money and cooked meals and you'll be fine.

Why. Those fuckers managed to release Space Gone Homo at the same time as steam but whenever it's a japanese game they take forever.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/892797604160954368

GOG page is up now

GOG doesn't like Japanese games, that's why.

fuck finally.

jap dub mod when

Go make it yourself user. It's not hard. Just rip the PS3 audio and dump it into the audio folder. Of course, you're going to have to make dummy tracks for all the new audio files XSeed made since they actually did more VA than the Japanese version.

And the idiots expect me to believe the Fate game on PC were so "generous" not because of Xseed? Because I fucking doubt Falcom told them how to price it with how they let publishers do whatever they please.

Yeah, that's why it should be defended at all costs unless they screw up so bad, it cannot be ignored so you guys have to reluctantly admit the fuck up, but always while mentioning "b-but they're better than the alternative." Fuck off, they're not holy cows and nobody should stay their hand from criticising and hating on them just because NISA exists. Only a shill would defend Xseed.

If just admitting a company did something bad meant you are not shilling, then nobody from a company that fucks up so bad it cannot be denied can be a shill, even if their admissions are little more than attempts at calming people down. Some still go full shill, placate and try to send the complainers elsewhere, likely to not turn potential buyers away after they see Xseed's incompetence, like , who basically says "don't bitch about it here, that's bad for business, just send us - I-I mean send them emails they can ignore so people here see less of those fuck ups".

The 181d72 in particular does nothing but shill, never mentions or adresses any Xseed problems (not a single post about negatives) and instantly bombards anyone who disagrees as NISA shill, doing nothing but brag of the good sides and considering every negative posts to be sabotage against good Xseed. I'd bet 40 he's part of the company, no wonder he wants people to buy their shit so much. Take a while to look at all his posts and honestly tell me they don't read like a marketing person's or an employees.
The only way I'm wrong is if it's not a he but a she that is, could be it's Xseed's lesbian or her girlfriend.

Why do you think so?

Oh yeah I almost forgot. Can't start until one surfaces.

Jap voices for CS:
mega.nz/#!WkUyhDbb!B8dXNO2aBwNHibQ7tjTCyQLrX-bbBUV2jkZVUYxJ0Q4
Dummy files:
mega.nz/#!AoVmhDoL!h7fYCD14LQD14Ema9zWVvqHZegYJX2PF9EYWbn3x-DM

This has been tested and confirmed to work so long as you place the above files in data/voice/wav, but it's worth backing up that folder just in case.

?

Yep, I know a few people here got it on Vita and vouched for it being an amazing Ys game (probably the best one).

Amazing, thank you!

This shit is unbelievable. I've had to drop this game because I was tired of wasting my time because of random retarded crashes after using a skill. How it passed QA AND was never patched is beyond me. It baffles me that anyone can unironically defend this piece of shit company. I don't know a single other one that is THIS awful.

Think we'll ever get a PC port of Nayuta?

They changed it so you have to beat the game with all three characters to unlock Nightmare, apparently.

I hope, especially since the current translation is shit. That game's one of my favorite Falcom games.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/892874729903841288

WEW

That's pretty great, thank you.

Yeh, I don't give a shit. I actually hope Ys VIII makes your PS4 explode :^)

Amazing

Do you still seriously think I'm a NISA "shill"? I'm just plain a mustard hence why I don't give a flying fuck about what NISA did to your fucking console. It has never affected me. You seemingly read my previous posts, yet you didn't notice that?
Why would I have a grudge against NISA when their games have been ok apart from CG on Steam? Because the Holla Forums hivemind tell me so? Sorry, I don't follow your hivemind or any hivemind for that matter.

No, you're a shill.

I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT THEY DID ON CONSOLES A FEW YEARS AGO.
How can you retard not understand that?

I don't own a console
Haven't owned one since 7th Gen
You can't into IDs nor can you present an agument.
I'll be sure to ignore you next thread though.
You're not welcome here Nisa shill

You're fucking retarded. Point is you still owned a PS3. And I find it funny that you say that when you can't argue for shit yourself, just shoot "SHILL!" when someone doesn't agree with you.

That's how retarded you sound.

It still doesn't affect me, even less so because NISA's Steam releases have been good. Why should I hate them for the past when they give day one releases on consoles/PC? I don't give a shit about your grudges. What I'm seeing is a publisher finally moved their asses to do something right. Not to mention they actually fucking patch their game unlike Square Enix who has refused to patch several bugged games they released on Steam. I'm sorry mate, I'm not going to boycott games that are localized normally because of the past.

One of the moments in the entire Trails series that legitimately made me tear up.

Even remembering it is making my eyes watery. It's so good.

Should sticky this to their forums and they would net themselves some more sales.

I wanted to ignore and not feed into your bullshit after you made it very apparent that you are a shill and don't give a shit about the quality of the game as long as you get what you want, but with the thread already sinking and hopefully along with this subject, this needs to be said; You are not welcome here, shill or "not". You don't care about the quality of the games nor the opinions from fans of said games, you get pissy that someone has called out for precious NISA with enough facts and evidence to prove that they are a shitty company, and you tell everyone that doesn't agree with you that they are a retard and to fuck off and deal with a situation almost all fans of Falcom games can agree is a bad one and a potentially a bad future of Falcom games in general. You try desperately to defend them despite evidence to the contrary under the guise of only playing their games via PC, stating that any issues console players dealt with are taken care of when you yourself have admitted to patching and modding CG to make it better (as well as ignoring the fact that if they were as good/acceptable as you claim, they wouldn't have had those issues with any version of the game in the first place). You claim us to all be a hivemind that praises XSEED while hating everything NISA and gets all defensive when XSEED get attacked, but others have proven that they have their fair share of issues they need to address (but most likely will not), but they have proven to do a better job on localizing Falcom games than NISA and most other localization companies have done with their games and would have done had they been given the right to localize Falcom games, with or without dual audio, hence why a lot of us respect XSEED for at least putting some effort into the games. If you're going to ignore not only that, but the evidence of an already shitty job NISA's going to do with YS VIII, then there is no hope for you (though you've already proven this to be true anyways).

Throughout this entire thread you try to take a "neutral" stance on the hate NISA gets, when in reality you were trying to defend them from said hate that is justified as shown through the evidence and facts of the years they have censored, broken, and otherwise ruined the games they localize via various posts in this thread alone, getting more and more angry at people for daring to call you out on your obvious bias towards them and thinking yourself superior enough to tell others to deal with it and to fuck off when you forget where the fuck you are. If you're not a shill as you claim, you're something worse; a NISA fan, and one that is more than willing to eat NISA's shit (or since you're so adamant on saying you play their games on PC, slightly polished shit) and ask them "please NISA, may I have some more?". It's more than obvious since you get so mad that people hate your favorite company because it hurts your feelings that we have evidence and good reason to hate a company you like and/or work for (which it suspiciously looks like you do work for since you mentioned you had a friend that worked on the Babel beta). I blame myself for feeding into your shilling and pathetic attempts to defend a company that doesn't deserve it, and will drop it from here, but you can go back to your safe space at NISA and other forums if you want to hear nothing but good things about them, cause you're not going to see any praise for them here and for good fucking reason.

I never owned a 7th Gen console you fucking cuckchan NISA shill, you're so new to this you can't even check IDs.

The moment install times and online focus was a thing I fucked off consoles for good.

Will you stop using this word?
And I don't give a shit about your whole "you are not welcome here". You can kindly fuck off if you're not happy about me giving my opinion here. XSEED is still a pile of shit for forcing their shitty dubs on us when Aksys and NISA give Japanese voices.
And I'm not sure how I'm defending them, you can pirate the games if you want, it's not my problem.

Your sentence could very well mean you owned a 7th gen console though. At least that's how I read it.
Also I'm not even sure why I'm seriously responding to you when you use the shill and cuck memes in the same sentence. You sound like a fucking retard.

really makes me think

No problem, though I didn't make these packs

Since it would be illegally sharing copyrighted material, the forum mods (also the Japanese port team behind Fate/Extella it seems…yes, Durante picked up their work later) have already taken down a guide or two linking to these files.

You can't even be bothered to fucking respond to what's actually being said.

Hahahahaha. XSEED is no better than any other translation company, you mindless drone. Only thing we can give to them is they don't censor anything.

I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about your strawmanning.

Look anons, next thread, just filter this faggot so he'll leave and take his meds.

You're the only guy who needs his meds here. Acting all outraged that people won't suck off on XSEED. Thankfully I was right as CS is selling like garbage on Steam. Serves them right for being retarded.

Do you even know what you're saying anymore, or are you just trying to be as combative as possible to get attention?

You're clearly outraged. And you clearly want me to shut up so I won't give you that pleasure :^)

making the cerebrum tingle

Steamspy.

You're one of those retards aren't you?

Idiot pirated a NISA game and applied a fan-made uncensor patch, then tried to use that as an example as to why NISA is good.

Of course he's one of those retards.

Stop making me say shit I didn't say, thanks.

The first day isn't looking promising.
Fate/EXTELLA started off at 3000 or so.
It will probably over around 10K sales at most. Maybe even less.

Well fate is a lot more popular than cold steel games, that and steamspy is not particularly accurate until long periods have time have occured.

I've been lurking sales, it feels like it the first days kind of decide what the curve is going to be like. Guess we'll see.

NEW BREAD