Fighting Game General: Arcade Beta Edition

Leaked Arcade mode confirmed by X-Kira: neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?15817-&p=292976&viewfull=1#post292976

Free Beta weekend during July 28th~30th: fantasystrike.com/blog/2017/play-fantasy-strike-pre-alpha-free-weekend-july-28-30th-on-pc-and-mac

Exe:Late[st] Is out in Japan! Will be getting a digital release in the west by the end of 2017 for PS3/PS4/PS Vita

Beta sign ups delayed to August 22nd. Beta will be up from September 16th~18th. Japanese sign ups are available at the Japanese PS Store

Eliza is available for purchase for U$5.00 at the stores for PC/PS4/XboxOne.
Geese Howard revealed to be the next DLC character: youtube.com/watch?v=t9Gbw8ljsiU
Tekken Bowl trailer announced: youtube.com/watch?v=-BaJENh1Irs

Starfire trailer is out: youtube.com/watch?v=8PZck-bDmbw

New trailer with Skullomania and Darun, and also confirms a beta with preorder for the PS$ Late 2017 and 2018 release: youtube.com/watch?v=gulVi0NDVnU

Jubei will be released on August for arcades, winter 2017 for consoles and PC: youtube.com/watch?v=aewAKIak15o Patch Notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

Cross over tag battle announced game with Persona4, UNIEL and RWBY: youtube.com/watch?v=a2Qw-ztFrK4

Spiderman, Frank West, Nemesis and Haggar revealed at SDCC: youtube.com/watch?v=KpGkR3hoKUI
Supposed leaked cast: archive.is/DWPhD#selection-6593.1-6593.43
Game will be released on September 19th. Deluxe version includes Sigma, Black Panther, 4 other DLC characters and 6 costumes, skins for Ryu, Thor, X and Hulk.

AMA session on Reddit with Koji Takaya on July 29th, 2017, 10:00AM(JST)/28th, 09:00PM for EST
New stretch goals for Arcana Heart 3: Six Stars!!!!!! are up:
kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/posts/1945844

Nicalis is producing a new fighting game from Studio Saizensen that has characters from Cave Story, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase and others for PC, Xbox One, Switch and PS4 in the Q4 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

A steam release for Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition has been announced. There's cross buy for Xbone and Windows 10 owners.
The 3.8 Eagle update is out as of June 27th 2017.

Dataminer found references for possible future characters and stages Blue Mary, Jubei, Heidern, Hinako, Oswald and Shingo: youtube.com/watch?v=p-AXIGJeHOc

First free DLC character, Max Brass gets a trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=HlKDwrr3HA8

Pokkén Tournament DX is announced for the Nintendo Switch. Features every character from the arcade version plus Decidueye, new modes, supports (Litten and Popplio) and Local Play. It'll be released on September 22nd.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
youtube.com/watch?v=LEKai2o0cjo
youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
youtube.com/watch?v=T27pFp95QYs
fightcade.com/
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
discord.gg/DbHMSCd
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
ki.infil.net/characters.html
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
archive.is/BLqeH
twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/890911747183456257
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6q7x1z/i_am_koji_takaya_a_founding_member_of_the_arcana/
twitter.com/karytsugood
twitter.com/TairoW3D
twitter.com/tehara80
archive.is/pS8tv
twitter.com/karytsugood/status/871809279308771328
streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/capcom-at-e3-2017-or-why-were-people.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview
facebook.com/risingspiritgame
sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-guide
hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/title_list_neogeo.htm
twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/890976064977207296
steamcommunity.com/games/389730/announcements/detail/1451700696551086523
twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/890971042973351940
youtube.com/watch?v=f_D4z_AQFP0
facebook.com/notes/street-fighter-v-community/street-fighter-v-leaks-and-build-ver-02240-datamining/854421444709844/
shoryuken.com/2017/08/02/x-kira-discovers-functioning-arcade-mode-costumes-stages-and-more-in-latest-street-fighter-v-datamining-report/
archive.is/0ELBV
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Samurai Shodow V Special Uncessored will be released for Vita and PS4: youtube.com/watch?v=0KmQxP9JYpI
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th. It will feature Tekken7, GGXrdRev2, KOFXIV, BlazblueCF, Smash4, ARMS, SFV
Treta Championship LATAM Will Happen Between Sep. 30 and Oct. 01. Will Feature MKXL, Tekken7, SFV, KOFXIV, Smash 4, Injustice 2, GGXrd Rev2, MvsCI and a community choice.
Punch Planet new character, Tyara: youtube.com/watch?v=LEKai2o0cjo
Cerebrawl new trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=A3ha7s9Hjpg
Kemono Friends Fighter Mechanics: youtube.com/watch?v=r6mZHoSBtNw
Strides 2 Glory latest gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIW3jXry0
Omen of Sorrow gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=T27pFp95QYs
Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/
Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans
Discord group: discord.gg/DbHMSCd
>>>/fighters/
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/
For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9
Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg
Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R
The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html
DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM
>Previous thread: archive.is/BLqeH

And post mains!

Whatever happened to the SFV arcade release they announced? All I remember was KoF XIV's arcade announcement stole all the hype and then they shilled it in that one shitty anime.

Oh yeah, forgot about Fantasy Strike. Didn't test yet but it's free, so test it.

Also, USFII managed to reach 450K units sold to retailers/digital: twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/890911747183456257
I would be funny if the switch port surpasses SFV saleswise

It'll probably be announced in the IP anniversary on August 30th. The leaker said it'll release a video later explaining the mode.

hold up, I thought the arcade release always came first? did they not release it or is this just some new re-release of SFV?

SFV is console/PC only because Capcom is just that retarded. They announced an arcade version way after it came out, but I think nothing came of it

It'll be a standard arcade mode for the PS4 and PC version. Considering that Extra Battle mode is finally coming, probably with a special Dictator as final boss and some sort of Shin Akuma as secret boss.

SFV doesn't run on the Nesica x Live cabinets and does not have some special arcade like Tekken7 or Xrd.

They didn't release an arcade version of SFV because "only UFO catchers are only successful now", then it completely fucked them in the ass since japs generally prefer to play in arcades before getting a home company. After realizing their fuck up when SFV's sales flat lined in Asian countries they announced an arcade release. But then KoFXIV announced their arcade release along with a few other fighters that completely killed any hype for SFV. I know they tried to do one location test for it and advertised the fuck out of it in Japan. But they cancelled it when KoF XIV's location test was the same week and people were lining up in advance for it.

After that I haven't heard a single peep regarding it

Drawfags, please.

Fantasy Strike is really odd, I'll make some big dumb post on it later but for now I'm trying to figure out how to have fun with it.

Does the netcode is good at least? I'll try later when I get my windows PC.

Upload lewds of the ladies of Tekken or someone will die!

It's rollback, but it feels like there's 0.5 frames of rollback regardless of how shitty the connection is, rather than 1 frame if that makes any sense at all.

I wish I had the pictures for the location test still saved. It was two massive lines weaving through the arcade; one for KoF XIV and the other for Million Arthur: Arcana Blood I think. In the picture for the end of the line you could see USF4 cabs with nobody on them and posters for the SFV location test. It was hilarious

I won a few games of Rev 2 today, and I even ended one of them with a flying kick. I feel pretty good about myself right now.

why

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

The prospective hire that I'm getting to model one of my characters is doing an excellent job on sculpting her body. However, he can't model faces for SHIT. The face previews he's sent me are hideous and disgusting, making the character look like gollum or a troll doll. I don't even want to show the faces he's made because of how embarrassingly awful they are.

I'm not entirely sure what to do. I love the work he's done on her body so far but I've repeatedly tried to explain to him how to do the face and he just keeps making it worse.

Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars AMA:
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/6q7x1z/i_am_koji_takaya_a_founding_member_of_the_arcana/
I know it's Reddit but it's on topic and anybody complaining here can go there.

Well, you piqued my interest. What's the next step in your masterplan?

I don't know much about UNIEL but I have the PS3 version that came with Plus and Vatista and Akatsuki looks fun.

Don't say I didn't warn you…

You could make her wear a mask

Dural and Destroy All Humans making a comeback

I think Level 2 is as far as I want to go. The netcode is too shitty at the moment.
To pre-face this, I think Dave Sirlin is a fucking hack retardo boynigger. They're asking for $500,000 on fig and it's not going to make it.

Since this is what'll make or break the game, I'll lay it on thick.
It's shit, fix it soon dung sirloin steak man.

Not the worst game I've played. I spent pretty much all of my time with Geiger, who has a projectile and a flash kick. He mostly shines with his super though, which is a 0 frame fixed distance teleport, you can figure out yourself what this is good for. The timed meter makes it easy to spam it, since I don't even have to do anything to get it. Overall, I do think Sirlin captured the feel of wanting to make everything utility based instead of execution based. The damage of getting a combo with the right risks is still there, a good jump-in usually goes for 50% health.

However, Dave Sirlin IS a hack like I said before, and there are some seriously questionable decisions being made. There are some moves that are downright useless or pointless to use, whether it be questionable frame data for its functions or just having a terrible function in general, and then there are some moronically powerful moves. Grapplers in the way Sirloin made them are a god damn sin and the biggest pain in the ass to play against, since they have so much health and do so much damage. Because of how the stupid pip system works, instead of being reasonable like having 10% more HP than other fighting games, they have 33% more because more pips. There's more on this, but I'd rather not make this longer.

Yomi counters are awful, but only because nobody wants to get in grab range except Rook, the problem grappler of the game. Whiff punishes and counter hits are king. That might be your thing, I dunno.

Training mode really needs a hitbox display.

Very safe and appeals to a certain aesthetic. Not much else to say except Setsuki looks retarded and Valerie has huge tits.

What is your opinion on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax? Is it closer to GG or BB in terms of gameplay? favorite character? favorite IK? anyone from this game that you wanna see in BBCTB? I heard that this game can be emulated on PC with a Nescia emulator. Is that true?

Someone go ask him to add a control mapping on character select and a quick rematch option.

Akatsuki got a bunch of buffs in st, so if you like him in UNIEL stick with him since he gets better.
I went from;
Main: Vatista
Sub: Nanase
Pockets: Akatsuki, Waldstein and Carmine
to
Main: Mika
Sub: Akatsuki
Pockets: Nanase, Carmine, Wagner and Vatista

All the new characters are fucking great

Are you sure the sources you gave him are good enough? And, well, I've seen some artists asking for jobs with some experience on zbrush. I even posted some here.
twitter.com/karytsugood
twitter.com/TairoW3D
twitter.com/tehara80
And others.
But the faces you've shown, I think your artist is not far from getting them right. Maybe give him some time.

archive.is/pS8tv
Remember to pre-order goy

Wait, this is the PS2/XBOX game, again? That makes no sense really.

Some mains.

?

It's capcom; even though this is probably fake, capcom is still lazy as fuck. Just look at USF2

we SFV now

Its wasn't even going to be a proper arcade release. They were just going to put the PC version in a cabinet.

Not sure the ones you've showed me are up to the task either. Also, the link to "karytsugood" is broken, maybe you typed it wrong.

In any case, I'll keep working with this guy to see if he can figure it out. If not, I'm afraid I'll have to look for someone else.

another link for the one that is broke twitter.com/karytsugood/status/871809279308771328

This feels really forced

Its not like there is much of an arcade market outside japan

So any fags playing Xrd Rev2, do anyone have tips on Johnny? Like setting up coin toss, and know how to approach. And Baiken tips and pointers too.

Ayy lmao.

say she is from mars coming to test the fighters of earth and no one will argue with you.

With that face and a tail, you could go with a Dren, hahaha!

True, but to think only now? I read tha the nips would like to have KI arcaded too.

What's a Dren?

PLEASE CLAP

It's actually a cross between BB and GG, not as complex as GG can get, but it has the spacing and zoning games from it, and the combat is also rushdown.

They didn't fuck around when they made the game, the auto-combos may be beginner friendly, but the downsides can fuck you for using them hard, and most of the game is less about combos and more about mindgames.

It's high damage combat, but it also has a high combo damage decay rate to compensate, so most of the time doing combos is to just show off and to screw with the opponent's sense of rythem, it's like how Street Fighter is supposed to be.

Naoto's my main, you can do some nasty shit with her without using her traps or instakill techs, and you can switch between multiple playstyles to fuck up the opponent's expectations, and most characters have enough options to allow for this.

Played more Fantasy Strike and finally found good netcode matches. Feels better than SFV when it works.

Fuck Rook by the way. Fucking hate his stupid fucking grappler. Fuck Sirlin.

We're nearly 2 years in, and this game actually got worse. I was gonna pirate it for shits and giggles, but then Abigail came out. Can there be a release worse than Abigail's?

Just you wait, Capcom will find a way.

There's no fucking way they can top Abigail in SFV. Maybe they'll do that with something MvC:I-related, but not SFV.

Wait until they confirm Squirrel Girl

I liked it a lot, even if shadow characters were badly implemented. Its close to BB/GG in a lot of mechanics, as a BB player I got used to it fast. I want my main Yosuke in Cross Battle, with Kanji and Adachi.

Writer who lambasts SF4 and SFV character designs urges you to support Capcom… mix messages much?
streetwriterpodcast.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/capcom-at-e3-2017-or-why-were-people.html

Or Ms Mudslime: the Rapefugee Defender?

MUH DARK AGE

I only played one Rook today but I pretty much had to spam as many arrows as Jaina could possibly fit on screen at all times to not get vortexed to hell. What a ridiculous character.

There are so many things wrong with this picture.

Onoo is a sound guy turned sf4 producer; that kind of explains the new sf characters…

Character Select..

I pick the one with her leg stretched upwards.

He's not learning anything by beating someone who can barely touch him. Sure it's another win, but it's probably not satisfying. Also it he thinks you'll just turtle all day and shoot lasers.

They asked most of the stuff that should be asked. Like if GGPO is being added or if the kickstarter characters will be in 4. They won't add GGPO due to messing with the netcode after it's completely made may end up with disastrous results. He was vague whether he'll add the kickstater characters in AH4 but I don't see why he wouldn't.

Someone asked who had the best legs. Akane or Saki? He said he would get back to him in a year. It won't be an easy decision. Also Heart is his favorite girl.

Then there's this guy.

Even other people in there were like "Dude, WTF are you doing?" He's not even asking to play AH anymore. Also he could just pick Ice or Time if he wanted to move fast on the ground.

Capcom isn't that fun anymore.

So I just discovered this game En-Ein's perfektwelt and I think it's a sequel to akatsuki blitzkampf. It literally has all the akatsuki characters in it with a few new characters as far as I can see.

Why Haven't I heard about it? Has anyone ever talked about it since Akatsuki Blitzkampf has a following? If not, how come no one on this mongolian basket weaving board has heard about it until now?

I pick Shinkiro.

There's lightning, fire, ice effects in /fg/.
Where's earth effects?

battle high 2

Will SFV ever stop being pathetic ? I'm surprised so much money is still poured in it with tournaments etc. when really only esports fags are playing it.

Eleonore Kliesen from Tekken is a girl… right?

Unfortunately, marketing trumps being a unfinished game

BB, GG or Uniel?

It's a creature from the movie Splice.

Akira Yamaoka produced Silent Hill 3, and it's a great game. Ono is just not competent.

MKXL, Battle High, Power Stone, KI, Psychic Force…

Frankly, Tag would not be a bad idea. But I think it would be really hard to fit arcanas in that. But possible.

Why is Capcom so based, guys?

They spare no expenses when delivering a quality product.

Will this meme ever die?

I impregnate all of them. Chun-li is just so fucking hot man.

Arcana heart has the Earth Arcana.
You Punch people on the face with gigantic rock fists and drop a giant rock on them. Supers include a longer fist and a Stomp.

didn't notice the names on the bottom, I pick kinu.

I prefer UNIEL

Kukri in KoF XIV, and technically Orochi Yashiro

It's disappointing that SFV and Tekken 7 are out at the same time, because the shitshow that is SFV has made the shitshow that is Tekken 7 go under the radar.

I'm a shitter, but I've been having a great time with Revelator 2. Never been able to really get into BB, and I've never played UNIEL

for once I'm glad a game had denuvo, I probably would have been scammed into Tekken 7 if it didn't have it.

20 years old

You're a day late

fuck

Smash did a better job at a celebratory pic than this. Who the fuck is that ninja?

If I had to choose, UNIEL.

Geki
c'mon step up your street fighter characters. At least now I know why he is never coming back since no one knows who he is

I've only seen SF1 once after hearing how unique it is. Wouldn't Eagle have been a better rep since he's shown up more than once?

our brains would melt if we kept trying to decipher Capcoms decision making process

My thoughts exactly. I would also add someone from Final Fight, like Guy or Hugo.
They should add characters from each iteration
Change Zangief for Mika, Chun-li for Sakura or Makoto, things like that.

Eagle was in CvS2 and the PSP SFA3 port so he, theoretically, would be more well known, yeah.
It's not the first time though. There was a Shinkiro poster that had Retsu.
But that illustration looks like the usual Udon trash. For all their faults, Capcom's artists are still good at that kind of stuff.

I remember when people thought that meant Retsu was the last USF4 character and got hyped. Then Ono came out and said "no it's someone that hasn't been in a SF game before"

Speaking of Udon, their Summer artbook just came out. As usual, anything remotely good in it is by the guest artists.

The only worst is Falcoon's.

Will Shark Girl stretch goal get reached in the arcana heart kickstarter? What do you guys think?
Also I still can't believe Examu doesn't want to put stuff as add-ons to help increase the stretch goal…

They're attempting to play both sides. They want that ESPN moolah but are not going to rescind the waifufag/horny guy shekels.
The Cammy/Mika censorship took them about 5m to pull and it wasn't drastic enough to alienate the people who play these games for the fanservice. If they gave Cammy stockings or covered Mika's more; actual design changes, I think the backlash would be louder, especially with the nip audience. When the Mika shit happened, nips were in a uproar that they were going to get screwed because of the offendatrons in the West (particularly, they thought Chun-li's first DLC costume was going to redesigned).

The only current fighting game I have is SFV, so I might as well try a little bit more to learn some universal stuff.
What's a decent fundementals-based character to learn?

Kill yourself.

Every article or suggestion ever has been:
Play Ryu first
You'll get to use a little bit of most things, you wont get hung up on character specific moves/mechanics, and every "newbie primer" in existence is based around your moveset.
That said, I'd recommend actually acquiring a complete game over playing SFV, just from a "fuck Capcom's metrics" perspective

I didn't think Capcom could do worse than Decapre.

My dislike for the game aside why does this matter at all?

Equally garbage people to play with

Not pic related.

She was never on any SF game. Rolento, Hugo, Sodon, Cody, Guy, Poison and Abigail were.

She's one of the few good characters that marvel's they made in the last few years and a huge improvement over being a bitch is my only character trait carol.

Get King of Fighters instead and play team fatal fury

Hilda is the single worst character to try and turtle against as Vat since she'll just win the projectile war, because Hilda can shoot lasers and shit and everything she wants whenever she wants whereever she wants, while Vatista has to not block for 40f or more to charge a laser.

There is no ABK sequel, please cease your lies and slander.

GG>Uniel
Never played BB enough to rank it. Nice girls though.

So what is up with the game Perfektwelt? Why does it never get brought up in conversation?

yup

You might as well switch to that retarded canuck with how much damage and stun he shits out.

How do I beat white Len?
Those invincible dashes and Big normals duck me up.

F Akiha player here because I saw someone pay her at eco.

I want to fuck that woman

That's a squirrel

She's just dressed like one.

I've played fighting games casually on a pad for a couple of years now but now I want to get into BlazBlue and I'm not sure what controller to use.

The reason for me doubting the pad is that I can't seem to get button combinations off. I find it difficult to press anything besides LP+LK on a pad, specially anything involving HK, since it's usually mapped to to the trigger.

I know there are some fighting pads that help with this by adding the R1 and R2 buttons as normal circular buttons next to the standard four, but I wonder if it'll be any easier for me to use.

Meanwhile, fight stick button layouts look extremely comfortable. I look at one and I think to myself "Wow, how am I supposed to confuse buttons or missinput on that?"
But I guess my issues with them is the stick itself, I much prefer a D-Pad.

Any advice?

buy a cheap fighting pad to see if that works, and then go for a fighting stick if you need something better. If you know you're dedicating time into fighting games then you are going to put money into it eventually.

Even worse; She's a furry

What are the best fighting game and fighting game characters for doing high damage in just a few hits?

Hey kid, wanna yiff? :^)

Soulcalibur 1 and 2.
Samurai Shodown series.
Virtua Fighter 1 where a basic throw is almost a KO.

Still no nude mods for T7

So I decided to pick up Lili after messing around with her in practice; why does this bitch have a crumple-launching armor move with fF2? It's 18f and -17 on block which I'd say is pretty damn good for an ARMOR LAUNCHER. Also, this is clearly the superior costume.

Is Bullet getting buffed in CF 2.0?

I searched for CF 2 patch notes and literally the very first outcome contained them. Yup, she gets buffs. Link below if you care to see what they are, but don't expect miracles, everything seems minor (except for Carl nerfs if the unspecified cost increases are significant).

docs.google.com/document/d/1sQpDd_HQRLYoVE5pLHDhvKcUzMjdbJtKajc-mV8J_1U/preview

You know what's up.
2LP+LK to grab downed enemies, a hop step that works like KoF's evade, the counters (needed more brutal animations though), a rekka grab and make her whole grappling repertoire around having some part of the opponent between her thighs. And now that I rewatch these scenes, I wonder if there could be a reverse tech in SF? Instead of breaking the grab, she goes for a thigh crush.
And maybe make the V-Trigger a ice buff like how Dark Force in Vampire Savior works instead of a Sub-Zero special.
The design philosophy is making viewers wince but at the same time think "god I wish that were me".

Agreed. Kinda makes me think of Morrigan.

Mostly because Jew Puncher super sparkle edition stepped on a lot of what made the original good. It's closer to an air-dasher, now has 4 buttons because fuck having a normal 3 button fighter and sparkles and flashes are all over the place. Not to mention the devs have been on record as saying they don't give a shit about growing the game's audience, they enjoy being underground devs. So we're never getting anything on PC for it except for those arcade dumps that happened a while ago.

nice

Any of you guys play Arms? It's the first fighting game to really click with me; maybe because of the ranged nature of attacks giving me more time to react. I also find the over-the-shoulder camera a lot more intuitive than the usual 2d plane.

Helix is top tier

Sounds like you should play Virtual On.
I've never played Virtual-On but I have seen gameplay. ARMS looks shockingly similar, just more cartoony and emphasizing waggle controls.

sorry pal you belong in the kid's area

Game's actually a lot better in controller mode. It's very interesting to have a gamr that, in usual nintendo fashion, completely ignore genre norms (for better or worse). There's no combis, it's got the aforementioned camera difference, and character choice only affects movement and defense abilities, since all the fighters get access to the same attacks via arms that you equip via a loadout system like a modern online shooter.

Seconding Virtual On actually, although it can get a little crazy.

Oh, game might be alright if I ever get a Switch.

Whoops, game* and combos*

Oh, excuse me, I'll leave you sophisticated adults to ogle cartoon tits some more.

It maybe based off a shitty crossover book but sega confirm they're using Oratorio Tangram as it's basis.

Isn't the problem with normal controllers that you can't twist the arms to pull off some better hits? Otherwise, I agree, I think it looks pretty good, actually. Which is weird because that was my first thought but then I doubted myself and now I'm back to "Huh. This doesn't look like shit." and then realized that it reminded me of VOOT.

You have no idea how hard my dick is. I don't even care that it's crossing over with Raildex. I just want a twin stick mech game to come back.

that looks like 40% at most during v trigger and using an ex move vs one of the weakest characters in the game, not that i like sf v but i hate when someone is so biased.

Oh shit, looking at game footage, I actually played Virtual On a long ass time ago in an arcade cabinet. I absolutely loved it but I had totally forgotten about it, thanks. Will definitely have to find a Saturn emulator at some point now.

The only real advantage motion controls have is making a wide grab slightly easier, but it's still trivial to do with the control stick. Embed related.

abigail has ToD combos bro.

I feel I should follow up to mention that the motion controls are more like virtual arcade sticks that you turn in your hand. Traditional controls are infinitely Superior.

Operation Moongate had a shit PC port so you can emulate it on a Model 2 emulator, otherwise you should get a Dreamcast Emulator for Oratorio Tangram.

Oh. Neat, this game is looking better already.

If there was a Dreamcast game I don't even need to emulate, I still have my Dreamcast and a stack of cd-r's.

You're better of reading the tutorials in the OP and then pirating another fighting game like Koihime Enbu. That game really teaches you how to properly play footsies.

Grapplers usually do absurd amounts of damage while barely touching the opponent. Samurai Shodown V is also a game where you can deal 70% of someone's health if you land a counter strong attack. Blade Arcus matches last about 15 seconds due to the insane damage you can deal.

But there was no such thing during that fight. His corner combos are what deal absurd damage.

Playing your average fighter will give you better reaction times. I just comes with experience.

What do you think of Gundam Versus? Similar gameplay but designed around 2v2 instead of 1v1.

It seems like we will see another indie game in development.

is that mugen?

If I actually made money I'd love to try to get something like this done.

No, it seems like they use another engine.
There is more info in their FB page. facebook.com/risingspiritgame
The animations and designs are not that bad.

While I would love to make a fighter, my dream project would probably be a game using Gauntlet: Dark Legacy as a guidebook.

You're alright.

But, if you people want to see a new mugen game, I think this might do it!

I certainly don't hate it since it's basically Gotcha Force, though I've yet to play it. But it looks fast and frantic but it's more about the mobility of the mechs rather than well timed reads/hits or having an interesting control scheme compared to Virtual On. Still looks like a fun as fuck game.

That makes it a no brainer. Go get VOOT.

Speaking of indie games, anyone keeping up with the plethora? Pocket Rumble has all 8 characters released and they're being balanced/finished over time, Combat Core seems to mostly somewhat work, though it's unsatisfying. Last Fight is neat. I don't know where Trajes Fatais is in development now. Plus there's a shitload of other games that went under my radar on top of Blade Strangers coming to PC and Switch.

how do you guys feel about fighting games coming out on the switch with its controller?
i never got to play USF2 on the switch so i'm wondering

You mean that thing that should have been in day 1? If SFV released with an Arcade mode and a story mode it would have sold millions.

I tried to play some KoF 98 on a friend's switch, but it's impossible with the shitty joycons. You're pretty much forced to buy a pro controller or a fightstick with you want decent controls.

Apparently sony forced them to release it early, they actually planned to have sf4 out for another year. It back fired hard.

That's nice to know I can blame sony.

Indeed, too much stuff happening at once.
There might be more, but that's what on my radar, I guess.

The sad part about Ono is not only his inability to do a good SF, is also how no one at Capcom seems to really care to tell him WTF is happening in the company.

Thanks. Here, have a song.

Most look forgettable but I have a hardon for Omen of Sorrow. I just wish they'd unfuck their UI so that I don't have to slide my eyes across a state line to see how much meter I have.

Mastering movement is what truly separates the average Joe and pros. Seeing how they manage boost and simply the way they move puts them above most people. Like how 1 guy would solo 2 people at the same time and perfect them without the other guy on his team ever even shooting during AnimEVO2017.

I don't like how some games had to be simplified due to the Wiimote so I don't know how it would be on the Switch. If it has a bad D-pad or analog, I hope no fighters are exclusive to the Switch.

Yeah I remember that too. Why Capcom thought it was a good idea to entertain that idea is also stupid. Capcom knew the game was barely finished and should have told them to fuck off.

I really want to see that Demona knock-off in motion!

But they'd miss out on those Sony shekels.

versus is really fun and worth checking out if you can stomach (((bamco's))) dlc strategy
you wont be able to get current best suit in the game because it was a pre-order bonus

sites.google.com/site/unlimitedbrettworks/gundam-versus/gundam-versus-guide

i'd add that positioning and resource/cost management are probably just as important to effective play as movement

Capcom are just trying to chase the next cash cow. They turned RE into an action game to try to get the call of duty fans and then that failed so they went the VR route and the youtube pewdepie audience.
They also expected Dragons Dogma to sell Skyrim numbers.

I wish there was a way to play Primal Rage online via Fightcade. It was a broken game, but it was a fun, broken game.

Maybe they thought they could get away with it simply with hype. But this isn't a AAA game with EA tier marketing. Nor is it a genre everyone can easily get into. So that backfired hard. Though it took ages for people to actually wake up and talk against Capcom.

I have that DLC. I didn't even know it was a thing until I got the game.

It took me a while to actually start winning online. I was consistently getting my ass kicked. Then I sat down in Free Battle for a few hours to actually make proper use of movement. For that reason, I stuck to 200-300 cost suits. Now I'm confident enough to use 500 cost suits and stay alive for the whole match. But damn it this game missing many suits. No Mobile Fighter G, Igloo, Age, SEED Astray, Seed Destiny, and SEED Stargazer all those great 00 suits. 90+ suits is still a lot to start off with but seeing the cast of Maxi Boost makes you miss some of the unique ones.

They could have easily made a waifu VR game. It may not be the most profitable but it will sure as hell be stable. Just look at Neptunia. It started off garbage and ended up being decent and now they sell pretty good numbers in the west.
Nep fighter made by EXAMU when? Actually they would probably make a Senran Kagura fighter first.

They said they'd never release an updated version like Super SF5 but it looks like they will have to. How many GBs would it take to update the game with all characters/costumes and stages + story mode at this point?

I AM IN NEED OF A FUCKING SAUCE, STAT

Oh boy, ID change time.

Stop, stop, I can only get so hard!

Neat, that's on my radar now too.

Yeah, there's a shitload of them. AH3LMSS is getting an English version, too. I can't decide if I'm happy that there are so many games coming out or sad because I don't know if any of them are actually good….

Yeah, I didn't have high hopes for it ever since Tales was getting DLC milked. I just pray that Ace Combat 7 doesn't get DLC buttfucked.

What has Capcom done right lately?

EXAMU, French-Bread, not a chance in fuck but Aksys I'd play the shit out of either.

With Disney and other "family friendly" networks trying to pickup esports I think capcom are going to go further towards the PC route. We'll probably have to rely of mods for sexy outfits in the future.

Releasing a gog version of Dragon's Dogma is pretty much the only decent thing they've done in the past year

Onoo or Capcom didn't have the balls to tell SONY that SFV will be out in 2018 and still make it SONY/PC exclusive.

Yeh the damage is already done, casuals have left and anyone still around just watches the tournaments and doesn't even play the game. It hasn't been SFXT bad but its gotten close.

oh shit kof 98's on it?

Yeah, here is a list of all the Neo Geo ports for the switch;
hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/title_list_neogeo.htm
Outside of no online, they're pretty great ports with lots of features.

twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/890976064977207296

You should play BB more, it's really fun if you have someone to play with.

We did it again tonight and he didn't leave out til 2am. We've given up on the local arcade until they put it back on the floor. They have two cabinets with PS4s in them and everything else. No excuses. I know people play it too because they host tournaments for it. I main pic related.

steamcommunity.com/games/389730/announcements/detail/1451700696551086523

Some backlash or concerns about the patch possibly ruining the online mode. Forgot to add it.

How is she in CF? I haven't gotten around to trying her out yet.

twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/890971042973351940

Words. Fail me.

Nah, i pirated the game and love the gameplay itself. Maining Kazuya. Black is shit color anyway, i always make my characters blond.

I'm sure they'll fix it after they update Denuvo again. :^)

There are minor changes, the main one is the qcf + B/C. Instead of riding in the heart at different arcs it has two versions now. B is a straight ground based rush where C is the old move at an arc somewhere between the heavy/mid versions from the last game. It isn't a big change but it does affect how you play footsies and it broke certain combos at certain ranges. She got a new weapon, a boomerang, which you can catch on the way back and keep. You can switch for another weapon even when it is active on screen. It helped her zoning game a lot. There is some other minor stuff but those are the main two. I like this version better, the boomerange makes up for everything she lost.

SFV has a lot of bad points but disk space isn't one of them. For what it is 23GB is still a lot though.

It sucks, apparently the type who dodges bears is ragequitters and disconnecters, so I hope Harada restores the fucking icons so they keep on not playing against me. Though one of them didn't DC after my first clearly won match, only after I quickly made it 2:0 on the second one, so maybe it was a genuine power/Steam problem or something.

so are western developers catching up to jap side quality wise?

Hows InjusTITs?

I hope nobody is that stupid.
But I know that almost everyone is.

You are not supposed to care. I care because I like to see how these small titles, from unknown developers work.
So far, the game looks interesting enough. But, seriously, if not even companies with millions of dollars in the bank, like Capcom, Nether or Bamco can fuck up online, something I don't really care, it's not something that should be too detrimental to a small game like that.
And frankly, for better or worse, this is the closest people will see from a new Darkstalkers in the next years.

Jessica Haggar to be in SFV?

There hasn't been a leak from neogaf about it so I don't believe it

I used to be friends with one guy who played BB back when CP was the most recent entry in the series. I haven't spoken to him in over a year and he's considers himself a racist because he listens to Moonman in public. He was also a Hazama main, if that means anything.

How could they do that? Isn't she just a normal girl?

Aspiring dev here, where can I learn about general fighting game mechanics and functionality? I've only played KoF, SFIII, and Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.

Jessica got kid napped and hasn't shown any ability to do anything. Kolin was a mystery so they were able to make her into a fighter.

Why add her when the game have many other female, or almost, fighters ready to use?
Anyway, while there is a side of me that thanks the gods that Capcom forgot Rival Schools, see Tiffany and Hinata on the beach stage of Duty Forced V hit me right in the kokoro…

Once again its another episode of "Do you want [insert character] to be ruined by mechanics of street fighter v"
Well do you?

You're right. But the fighting genre and fighting games have shown that anyone can eventually be a fighting game characters and the stories will be nonsensical for it to be allowed

Oda-non

Next characters are the fortune teller from Ed's story and Guy's master.
S3 will allegedly start off with Sagat and Sakura.

I guess they could do it if they did a story that she got kidnapped on purpose and was secretly a part of mad gear. Her entire lore is shes just arm candy so they'd have try to explain how she was a fighter.

You got it wrong. I said that it would not make sense to choose Jessica. There is nothing to do with with the quality of the game.

Murata is making a sf manga

Murata is also filling up a one punch manga with useless filler and tournament arcs. I can hold my breath until he actually delivers.

Also the SF story is fucked, why would anyone want it in manga form.

gotta love those little details

SFA2 has the best stages in the series. All rife with little details like how in Bipson's stage the soldiers salute him if he's close, Sakura's brother playing vidya and his success/failure changing at the end of the match and in Rolento's stage as the elevator goes up you can see what looks like a guy making out with his secretary.
And SFA2 Gold has the best OST in the series.

I forgot how many characters were in Ken's stage in SFA2. Morrigan in a garterbelt is always a good decision, why can't we have nice things like that anymore?

post more.

I find it quite curious that according to Avira this 'TR/Patched.Gen' malware is for data mining and can perform modifications to the system. If rootkit update for SF5 never happened I would ignore this and call bullshit, but it definitely would be interesting to look into it further to make sure that this is false positive.

>tfw in BBCF, Makoto reveals she loves younger guys

at least she's not a dyke like in the mango

Should I learn how to play Melty Blood?

Didn't she always want Carl's cock? At least that's what I remembered from one of the story cutscenes from the last BB game I played years ago

I don't think she ever was a dyke.
Sure she's shown to be attracted to girls but she's also attracted to Carl and Naoto.
So she's bisexual but she prefers men younger than her.

I would say yes, but I just realized I haven't played Melty Blood in almost a year since I have shit internet and the Steam version's netcode wasn't as good as the yarharr'd version I had been playing for years before that. It's a real neat game though. You're probably better off playing UNIEL if you want something modern.

smash.gg/tournament/defend-the-north-2017/events

"Defend the North" tournament finals are going on. Guilty gear is on now.
Anybody else watching?

Already playing UNIELst, just was looking for something to throw into the mix since UNIELst, KoF XIV and Blade Arcus are the only fighters I've been focusing on lately.

Best version of Bipson's theme right here.
Heck! I'd say SFA2G has, overall, the best renditions of the classic themes though I don't understand why Rolento's is a remix of Bay Area instead of Going Up (not that I'm complaining).

Back then Capcom really put a lot of love into their games but even among them, SFA2's art direction seemed particularly strong.
As a wholly recovered ex-battered housewife, looking back at things like this was what always kept me hoping that they'd come back to their senses one day but there's no denying they're irredeemable now. What they lost in creativity and talent, they made up in kikery and plain out-of-touchness.

Oh. Well, you can go for Melty if you want more French Bread, and for fun you can try to spot all the influences/moves that were taken from Melty Blood and put on to UNIEL characters. Dengeki Bunko is also an option if you like French Bread a lot and want hyper anime.

But why? Is it actually fun?

I ended up avoiding that game since I hate a majority of the characters and IPs in the game.
It's basically the product of the a devs that really loved SFII but never made a fighting game before, but it still turned out really good. Like you can tell SFII was used as the groundwork but it quickly gains it's own identity mechanically. Also the roster has a good amount of variety and solid balance. My friends are big Shiningfags so I play it with them all the time.

Making Jessica a Mad Gear member wouldn't make sense with Final Fight being all about rescuing her and Metro City, and it would kind of throw off Cody's whole character (being a violent thug who only saved her to beat the shit out of people). If Jessica was part of Mad Gear, Cody really wouldn't have given two shits about her.

Not like Ono and Capcom have been consistent with stories or anything…

Is Sony also forcing Capcom to release MvCi early because that game needs another year of development?

The High ups at Capcom still haven't learnt a thing since the SFxT incident, their mismanagement is becoming all too common that everything they do is basically Tuesday.

Thats an understatement. How many different ways has Bipson died now?

canonically, Bison has died 3 times now.

man i've been playing street fighter for years yet i dont know who m.bison is and what he do

No seriously why would you want to see street fighter in manga form?
What story would you want them to tell…again?
What would it even matter in the long run if they're going to retcon it or retell the same story all over again?
Will Murata's pretty pictures remove all the shit that is happening with SFV now?

you have no clue how japan's manga industry works nor are you aware of the many street fighter manga's of the past

I guess I did word it as "why" directed towards a general audience.
The manga announcement still just a deflated retread of what we already know and have heard of 1000 times before

I have a friend who's birthday is coming up this week. Recently I've helped him get his feet wet with some fighting games with soul calibur 2, as he isn't the biggest FG fan I want to help him get into the genre because I think he might like it. I know he has a PS2 and I know a place that has a few PS2 fighting games. I'm thinking of getting him either:
Which one should I get for his birthday if his only real fightan experiences are Sonic the Fighters and SC2?

CvS 2 has a bunch of different ways to play each character, so that may be overwhelming. Maybe Fatal Fury?

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 has FF 1, 2, Special, and 3, if that helps. Personally I didn't think FF got really good until real bout but that's just me.

Get him Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

I don't care about most of the characters in Fighting Climax and still ended up enjoying it a lot. Using a loli to turn people into basketballs is always fun to watch. Especially dealing with new players who don't realize how to deal with armor attacks. There's a ton of gimmicky shit to throw off people too. Like this assist with Dokoro-chan where, if you are knocked down with 3 meters, you can instantly summon her and launch the other player into the wall while she chants this stupid song on top of their body. Or pulling of 70 hit combos with Kirito or Taiga. Or Sylvaria's absurd air combos.

I'm surprised someone else here plays that. I use Melty and Rosa. I know she's a scrub character but she reminds me of another character from Aquapazza, gameplay wise.

I would but I haven't see any copies in my area.

too bad the companies aren't

I cant see any other way you'd be able to explain her as a fighter then, shes just an ordinary girl through FF and SF.

I wouldn't mind Hakans wife in sf.

Friendly reminder there's a (((discord))) for the 8ch FGGs.
and it's a circlejerk

Too bad she'd be stuck in a bad game if she was playable.

>Friendly reminder there's a (((discord))) for the 8ch FGGs.
How so?

I would try out Dead or Alive 5 if he likes 3D fighters. Despite the horrific costume DLC, it's a very solid game. You can translate everything you learn in SC2 into that game. Besides that I would say Under Night In Birth Exe Latest. All the menus are in english besides in game options which you can figure out in seconds if you've played any fighting game. Game has very simple combos and a great tutorial system. You'll probably learn some good combos just from playing each other constantly.

If nothing else. I would say get Catherine and download a save file so you can play multiplayer. Puyo Puyo x Tetris is also fun.

What makes discord so bad it needs happy merchant echoes?

I bet you're that mad frenchie defending Injustass and Skullgirls to the point that you left because not a single soul agreed with you.

She's Haggar's daughter and after the bullshit in FF her dad decided it was time for her to learn how to defend herself by teaching her the ropes and making her watch his old Saturday Night Slam Master VHS tapes. If Sakura can copy moves and Dan can…do what he does she shouldn't have a problem.

How much do I get out of getting the standard version of GG XRD:REV. Should I buy the DLC and Rev 2 for $59.99, would I be missing out of anything that way. I'm new to GG after playing only an hour or two of GG XRD:SIGN for like 2 hours and then giving up on it because everyone moved to REV.

No. I dislike injustice and I think Skullgirls is ok at best.

Tracks and logs everything you say and do. Sells your information.

I was watching the Omen of Sorrow footage and it occurred to me that the UI in that game is much smaller than it should be. That got me thinking about UIs in fighting games in general, and a big problem I alone seem to have with them. In particular, it bothers me that the important meters always seem to be shoved to the sides or corners of the screen. Knowing how much special meter you have is very important (at least, I think so; perhaps the pros will disagree), so it seems like bad design to have the important HUD element at the bottom corners of the screen.

I understand why, obviously: as important as the meter is, you need to focus on your opponent and your primary focus should be on not getting hit. Reacting to visual cues requires a lot of space, as does playing neutral.

I used to play a lot of Team Fortress 2, and I still like FPSs a lot; in those games, the consensus for what makes a good HUD is to put important numbers like the ammo counts for your magazine and your reserve near the crosshair (usually slightly under it). If there are more advanced mechanics like remote controlled mines or cooldowns to manage, then there is often a visual indicator near the crosshair (Half-Life 2 had the player's health and magazine ammo displayed as semicircles on either side of the crosshair).

While I would adore something like this (you can see pic 4, which I spent an hour making in MS Paint) in a fighting game, I can't seem to think of any which have implemented UIs like this. Is there a key flaw I'm missing? Do any of you have any similar gripes about HUD elements or am I just being autistic?

Everyone moved to Rev2, so you'll need it if you want to play with them. They can still rollback their game to play Rev1, but that doesn't have the new characters and balance change. Buy the one that says GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- (+DLC Characters) + REV 2 All-in-One (does not include optional DLCs) for 45 dollars. The 60 dollar one just adds system voices and colors.

So like 8ch.net?

Rev 2 is the new version which everyone is playing. The DLC is just costume colours and system voices. If you want the game itself, just go for the base $20 DLC, which will have the new balance changes, Baiken, and Answer.

wow

Of course this is assuming you only have Sign and not Rev1. If you do have Rev1 you should just buy the Rev2 upgrade like suggests. There is no bundle to buy Rev2 with DLC characters if you already own Rev1

I just wish it had characters I recognized. I don't recognize any of those characters.

He kills people and runs a shady organization to give himself immortality through various means, including becoming the little girl (Cammy).

You can thank Capcom for that one.

So should I buy this one? also how bigger is the playerbase on PC, should I buy it on here or PS4?

Then you're dumb

He seriously has a case for being a woman in a mans body. He first creates girl dolls he wants to transfer his soul into. Then he has his soul or some shit split in two and the second half is a woman. Then it turns out he stole the psycho power from a woman in the first place (Ingrid) and then he met an Idol pop star that uses the same kind of power.
Bison is a woman in a mans body

oh we all know

posting best evo 2017 finals

>youtube.com/watch?v=f_D4z_AQFP0

If you want to play with other people on the most current version of the game, you will need Rev 2 - on Steam, Rev 2 is DLC, but it is the next iteration of the game and I don't think anyone actually plays Rev 1 anymore. I don't know what the upgrade process is from Sign to Rev 2, though.

Of course, on PS4, Rev 2 is a standalone physical product which you can just buy, so you may want to save yourself the hassle that way. It's a dumb mess, I know.

I think the PS4 playerbase is bigger, but I have no idea what the numbers are. You'll still need to join a Discord group (check the OP) and make player matches yourself in order to find people.

No it seems dead on, your version in the post is infinitely better then what was in the actual game.
I like the touch where the V sort of rides on the curve of the meter bar.

I didn't photoshop the SFV UI redesign, I was just using it as a visual aid. I'm not really talking about the actual style, just the placement of the meters. If I could have it my way, the meters would be located roughly where the characters start the round.

KOF14 one was the bestest.

Dans Dad was a martial artist, Dan was just made as a joke character to mock SNK.
Sakura was always a fighter but didn't start seriously training until she saw Ryu.

I don't think the Ingrid is really legit, but this shit is really retraded. Also, Ingrid is one of Capcom's worst characters.

TBH, inverted satan, Sakura kind of follows the GG guide book about Japonese being natural chi users. I mean, she was also on Rival Schools, were a volleyball girl could lift a two hundred kilos man and use him as a ball, or a a man could swim on air. Sakura is a joke character too, but following the Galbrush Paradox to a T, we have the dumb Dan that everyone shits at, and the absurdely competent high school girl, that is funny but helps to save the day.

She was created for a dead project. I see her as the Mr. Mxyzptlk from Capcom: unknown powers, can fly, messes with people, is from another dimension, white hair and purple theme. She could fit well in Darkstalkers, with a bit of rework.

That would not work easily, unless they want her to be called Tina. It would be fun if Mika's identity was unknown, but later on, they revealed she was Jessica all along. That she went to Japan to study arts, but it was all a ruse, she just wanted to train under Harmageddon to make her father proud and beat some reason into Cody.

Ingrid is such a mary-sue

They're showing the process of music themes for the characters and asking for feedback from backers (show a midi file, people comment on it, rework on said midi file and so on). The shadow/evil counterparts will get proper names and they're running polls for them on the backers forum
There's a bunch of homos thirsty for the roman cosplayer grappler and the capo-angel guy making a bunch of fanfic tier suggestions on the comments section but so far, there's no influence on the game itself.
There'll be a new playable demo at BGS on october.

It's always nice to see Marvel putting their best to make sure MvCI is a success. Just nuke this fuckin' industry already.

Anyway, Whor might be in the game. Maybe they're gonna make glorified skins like NRS did withh Injustice 2.

What the fuck is with that Zero in the first one and it's going to take way more than this crap to get people into it. DBZF beta is literally a day before this comes out and I can't see any reason why I should even try this 'new' Marvel.

Jesus, Marvel didn't do Chun any favors either

When it comes to modern comic books. It's best to just ignore Marvel and DC. Which reminds me of this comic recently called Kill or be Killed. It was pretty good but there was one message that was spewed so much it was annoying.

I've only read one volume and it did this shit like 3 times. And of course, he never has to kill anyone black so far. Maybe I should just stick to manga. The only "progressive" things they try to pushing incest.

BB right now because I am poor. Maybe next payday I can finally afford GG on PS4.

Looks like Shark Girl might get funded after all.
I really hope she gets added because having more arcanas than characters would trigger my autism every time I play.

The first cover heavily implies that MMZ Zero was going to be in the game at some point. Which I call bullshit on.

This game keeps doing everything right. Except for the extremely delayed PC releases. Life is pain.

UNIELst is my personal GOTY

Fucking seriously, Rev2 came out around the same time for console and PC here so I hope they can step it up for this.

11/10

Apparently what happened with that DLC is that it got farmed out and it turned out so bad that Capcom is re-doing the entire thing in house.

You faggots get what you deserve.

Didn't those stupid assholes say they learned their lesson about not outsourcing to numbnuts who'll work for peanuts?
I'm beginning to think that Capcom are the opposite of kikes; they must hate money.

I had that Batman figure as a kid.

Thank god I found this channel of some dude uploading arcade footage of new Pokken characters with their full tool sets being used.

Scizor still looks damn cool

Excuse me, what?

source: facebook.com/notes/street-fighter-v-community/street-fighter-v-leaks-and-build-ver-02240-datamining/854421444709844/
In b4 is exclusive to CPT DLC users

Well, I suggest you to deeply learn those games. Read wikis, tutorials, visit many forums like SRK, Dreamcancel and Dustloop. Look in tutorials and youtube videos for Framedata info like what it is and why everything is the way it is. Read developers blog like shmuplations and MMCafe.
Also, I know everybody shit on MikeZ he actually deserve a lot tbh but Skullgirls is one of the most open developmentwise game that I know. So you can easily find infos on skullheart forums and the steam news/community. But probably other indie devs might have a lot of info around the web.

The fourth and fifth covers are the only decent ones, but that's not saying much. Haggar looks horrible.

I'd be even angrier if Ms Mudslime and TumblrSquirrel were in any of these pictures tbh. That said, fuck Marvel and fuck Capcom.

Bravo, Boon.

Truly a man of culture.

Just another day for Ed.

At least Bizarro is in.
I'm still waiting for the GOTY edition

Fucking classic, how about if you don't like something, fuck off. The rest of us who have been playing since SF2 and have been in awe of Cammy's glutes are going to keep playing fighting games. Though probably not SFV, but you get my point.

Get fucked.

Sage for not really contributing to the thread.

skullgirls also has a godtier tutorial so there's that too

Holy shit that first fucking cover. Zero and Arthur.

Don't forget to pay for easy fatalities

Posting the superior Raven theme. Glad they put this in Xrd.

I never even saw the point of that. Does anyone actually have trouble imputing fatalities to the point where they'd pay to make the input easier?

You'd be surprised.

Is Tekken 7 really as bad as you niggers say it is? Ive been considering getting it.

It's not that much better than SFV honestly with the retarded story, meh online, horrible "endings," season pass and day-one, disc-locked content, and abysmal character customization. The fgc will shill the fuck out of anything for weed and "MUH GAEMN CAREER" Arcade Mode is a joke (4 stages, then Heihachi and Kazumi, maybe an Akuma fight)

Oh yea, it has Denuvo.

The AH KS just adding add ons. B1 poster for 15$, B2 scroll for 42$, physical soundtrack for 25$, and a shirt for 41$ without shipping. Shark girl is pretty much reached

It's not bad. It's just the usual "Holla Forums hates everything" meme.
Actually it's really good. Has problems sometimes online, just like every other fighting game out right now.
Also the tournaments are fun to watch.

Question: what are the marking on Ryu's gauntlets? afaik He's has those markings since sf4

It's the brand.

Why the fuck didn't they do this at the start of the campaign? This whole KS has been disorganized as shit and we probably would at least be getting Dark Heart too if it was planned better.

I'm starting feel bad about crapcom. Just a little.

So were Tekken fanboys always this bad?

Some are, you'd also be surprised how many people pretend to be ultra hardcore fans, but in fact 7 was their first Tekken, as if it's shameful that you're new to a series. The best way to spot those is them saying "This is the most balanced Tekken yet" when anyone who even has a passing interest in Tekken knows that that honour still goes to DR and, more importantly, 7 has 2 characters who are so bad that it's a waste of time even playing them. I shit you not, that was the exact way to spot someone who just got into Tekken when 6 was the newest game. I'd bet my left ear that if those faggots were around 16 years ago when 4 came out they'd call it "the most balanced Tekken yet" too, which would be even more hilarious when you think about it.

How is Baiken in Rev 2? Is her new counter system good or bad?

Are you posting in cuckchan too, user?

I constantly see people mention that the "unplayable" ones are Gigas and Lucky Chloe, but Kuma (and Panda) did way worse at Evo from what I've seen. A Gigas got pretty far I think, just like Lucky Chloe? They can't be that bad I suppose. Like, worse than others, maybe, but maybe not pure wastes of time.

I can't anymore.

A bit too late, but not bad.

I'm planning to get it. But, damn, most of the characters I like are not in the game…
The one thing i would like to see bamco copying Crapcom would be them using Urban Reign characters in Tekken.

Here comes, The Fish! Funny her hair have the same color of pic related.

Ah, I never really paid attention to the Tekken fanbase. Only really played the tag games casually, I was thinking about getting T7 before it launched since there was no other 3d fighters on the horizon but I ended up bailing out when denuvo got confirmed

Why the fuck would they wait until the last minute to do this shit?

Why do they even bother releasing reveal trailers when everything is already leaked and keeps getting confirmed?

MOIK HOGGOR!

Don't forget the OST. So bad I'm sure it constitutes a war crime in some part of the world.

"We never really liked this guy anyway. Overrated hack."

t. the FGC

Was about to mention that. Can't wait for the exciting reveal of these never before seen combatants! :^)

Side note, I pity Marvel when fuckin' Genzoman looks like a Leonardo da Vinci compared to the shit they put out.

Seriously tho, what fucking newcomers are left for MvCI? At least when KoF XIV got its whole roster leaked months in advance we still had to wait to see gameplay footage of all the new characters.

Rodeo clown Buzz Lightyear, MonHun, Emo Captain America, KANGZ and some mystery Capcom character.

That was pretty fun especially with how crazy the leak sounded. Also helps that KoF XIV easily had the best overall batch of newcomers of all recent FG sequels.

t. Luongfag

Anyone got that Fantasy Strike clip where they're explaining they're terrible design philosophies?

wew
I pretty much enjoy all the newcomers except the hue team, not a big fan of any of their play styles. Sylvie 4lyfe

this?

3. Picking Morrigan is a disqualifying offense in the ESPN guidelines. :^)

I still can't believe someone saw that Dante and thought that was good. With so few newcomers in this 'new marvel' they might as well have kept the old style so they can copy paste something that doesn't look like shit.
How am I supposed to play a game when it's painful to look at?

If the gameplay is great you can play it regardless of the graphics, some of my favorite fighters look like shit by today's standard but I still play them because their gameplay holds up. Hell KoF XIV was my GOTY last year and that game looked like shit at launch.
MvCI's problem is that it doesn't have the gameplay and content to nullify it's bad graphics.

Maybe Didni are secretly working on a live action Hollywood blockbuster and already cast Steve Buscemi for the lead roles.

The fuck you on about? This game looks great. All my favorite FGC celebs said so.
Yipes said Chun-li was fixed and FChamp said he spoke to Ono and that the graphics were going to be fized (KoF looks like ass and that's a perfectly valid reason to disregard it though).
You're just a hater. I bet you don't even pre-order. :^)

There's a difference between a game that looks crappy because time just took its toll or is a modern game that looks outdated graphically and a game that looks like such shit it's offensive to look at. Compare VF1 that still looks charming to something like Bubsy 3D which was an eyestrain even back when it was released.

;_;7

Juri looks too gorgeous to be stuck in such a shit game.

God damn where do these weebs get the money?

I'm still trying to forget the god-awful soundtrack.

Ah yes, unnecessary design changes. Truly what I want the most in a nostalgia costume.

didn't some modder already make her original outfit?

Yes

Mostly using assets from SFIV, but yes. Ditto for Alex.

While I agree, the jacket isnt bad. Its grown on me the more Ive seen it. The designs on her arm pieces when she takes the jacket off are pretty neat too

No, don't soil such a perfect game. Leave it to it's own obscurity so that it can't be tarnished.

I really wish Examu didn't fuck up the KS so much, they might have even able to reach 400k if the rewards were better and if everything was there from the beginning.

Reminder Capcom probably ripped off that guy's mod, and claimed it as their own.

It depends on the tournaments. American ones are usually boring as fuck even if you see an Eddy or Jack (at least during Tag 2 and 6 when you mostly saw Mishimas and Bob).

Any of you fags playing UNIEL on PC?

I bought it last year but only started playing it recently and I've been fighting some Taiwanese guys early mornings (early night in East Asia).

Despite the latency and all the beatdowns my scrub-ass is getting I'm having probably the most fun I've had with a FG in long time.

At this rate we will have a full game in a few more years for only 90 bucks! Also,

NO MAKOTO NO BUY

I am still mad

Do you really want Capcom to ruin best girl by putting her in worst game?

Yeah the definitely fucked up too much, they might have even reached regardless of the fuck ups if they just picked the longer funding period instead of just 25 days.

I use to play the PC version until UNIELst came out, I'll go back to PC once it gets a PC port

I've been trying to get back into lately but I might say fuck learning Hilda and stick Orie for online.

Why would you want her ruined again?

fair enough

The trick is to lower expenses as much as you can so that you can save up even with a job that has mediocre pay. For example, why bother with a car with expensive car insurance when you can just take the train to work, and why bother buying an expensive apartment when you can live with family? Sure the latter may be pathetic to some people, but the important part is that you save money, which allows you to get stuff like these.

Some parents still adhere to the 'you're 18, get the fuck out of my house' mentality even though shit's not as simple as they think.

That is true, but there could be aunts and uncles that would let you live with them. The user just needs to not be a piece of shit and the user should be fine.

shoryuken.com/2017/08/02/x-kira-discovers-functioning-arcade-mode-costumes-stages-and-more-in-latest-street-fighter-v-datamining-report/
archive.is/0ELBV

>it's taken them this long for arcade mode