Secret World Legends: Now With Nipples Edition

Old topic got purged right as the discussion turned sexy. Legends seems to have modeled nipples on female avatars, which you can see when you preview stuff in the dressing room as it loads a new outfit. In The Secret World a similar thing could happen (or certain outfits would just bug out) and you would see smiley face pasties instead.

Steam launch on Monday: secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6q7ctx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_july_28th_2017/
discord.gg/2H3BVVe
tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6t4dnx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_august_11th_2017/
archive.fo/5JSlI
techraptor.net/content/johnny-depp-is-co-producing-a-tv-series-based-off-the-secret-world
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do you rate my current Secret Waifu?

No penis/10

Is this game worth downloading? Never heard of or played it before.

The investigation missions are fun for a MMO

If I like shit like Warframe and Let It Die would I like this?

Probably not since those are both action games and this is still a tab-target MMO, just with extra gimmicks.

I mean in terms of business model. Is it any worse than those?

Not much is worse than Warframe. I have no idea what Let It Die's business model even is.

Pay to skip the timers on producing/upgrading items, pay for convenience like sending items back on any floor, and pay to continue on the spot when you die.

its just another wow of fantasy XIV dammit. nothing but formulaic, hand-holding clones of the same game.

irony is lost on you isn't it?

secret worlds' combat isn't much fun and you're not wrong there, but the one thing it does pretty well and that no other MMO does are the puzzle quests

Yes, it is an MMORPG.

Congratulations on mastering basic pattern recognition.

Its really fucking hard to make a cute girl anymore since they gutted character creation, best I could do was this which seems to be an asian preset and isnt very cute

Also new cabal is up since last was dead, /tell Doubleplus or me Nymphe for an invite

why is her boobs so big?

nigga i log in like every single day

so? the game is based on shitty generic MMO combat. stop eating shit please.

your original argument was that the quests were all cookie-cutter "hand holding shit", and since you could conceivably play the entire game/reach max level doing nothing but puzzle quests (which, in the harder ones, give you barely any hints at all, and sometimes those hints are literally in Latin or are computer code or other shit) and the combat you would encounter going to/from the quest areas you are wrong. now it's about the combat?

your original argument is that you're a retard, you're defending the game because it has a stupid gimmick that you'll spend mostly 1% of the total play time doing.

be honest now, how much money have you spent in this crap? 100$? 200$? its obvious that you have invested something in this game, theres no other reason to defend this generic cookie-cutter trash over XIV or wow or PShitO2

i'm not defending the game, i'm defending the puzzle quests. whether you think they're fun or not they were pretty innovative and i really liked researching shit that normally i would never have looked at or paid attention to, and it had enough of an ARG feel to keep me invested. as i said before i agree that the combat is the weakest part of it
i bought it at launch for i think thirty bucks, i'm not sure. i enjoyed it and played it for around a year or so with some of my friends, and put a grand total of i think five dollars into the cosmetic shop because i'm a fag. since its free release i haven't spent a cent on it and likely won't, since all the cool cosmetics and vehicles and shit can be unlocked via quests now.

your turn to be honest: have you actually played the fucking game? because your arguments are so vague and "b-but all MMOs are trash" that you really aren't actually making any coherent points outside of letting us all know that you don't like thing

i knew it

yes, how many days do i need to play it to get to the puzzle quests? it doesn't fucking matter because the entire game is going from marker to marker like any other generic skinnerbox garbage with a puzzle thrown in once every blue moon.

Runescape has several hard puzzles, they come one after another, and it doesn't make you do that shit, its indefensible garbage and the only reason you're so lenient is because you wasted 30 dollars that you will never get back, better defend your shit purchases 'lest the reality that you're easily manipulable hit you like a sack of potatoes right?

i bought it at launch for i think thirty bucks

What kind of shortbus logic is this?

now now user, don't try to bring him down. he's epin pwning me even though he freely admitted that the puzzle thing he hates so much he hasn't even tried

you're mentally retarded and won't get back your 30 dollars no matter how much you tell yourself you're still having fun.

classic buyers remorse self-defense mechanism.

you wouldn't know a good game if it bit you in the ass my man.

It's always entertaining to see assmunchers that couldn't even clear the newbie zone to see the first batch of investigation and sabotage quests think they can lecture people on their ability to evaluate games.

What's the point?

more typical buyers remorse defense
no, sorry, but no. i gave it a good few hours of gameplay and it was nothing but going from marker to marker. i can tell the rest of the game is going to be the same until im max level and get to do the only "fun" thing in the game which is obviously gonna be bossing.

these things are formulaic, you don't need to have 300 hours of gameplay to know what the rest of the game is going to be.
alright lets pretend every 6 or 7 hours of gameplay there is a little fun in the form of a puzzle, still doesn't justify the braindead markerfollowing that you have to do for hours to get to the fun.

nice little story though, a shame it was wasted in a skinnerbox MMO.

Let me know when you want to respond to what I actually said, not whatever bullshit arguments you prepare yourself for in your mongoloid brain.

this is what you said. it is wrong. argument over.

and you know what? i'd go as far as to call it a decent MMO (even though the combat is shit) if it didn't have markers. but nope, gotta hold the hand of the modern low IQ retards.

No seriously the first investigation takes maybe an hour to get to, and that's being generous with you watching every cutscene.

Where did ANYONE say that? We have praised the investigation missions, not the game itself. The other guy has said multiple times that the combat is pretty shit.

We don't have to make assumptions, fuckwit. The first few investigation mission are not that far into the game.

Your just kinda talking to a wall with this guy, It's what people do I fear, Was in a thread before hand talking about Diablo clones, moment someone brought up path of exile, autis start losing their shit, even though the game has changed heavily and is actually a really fun game.

They can't be reasoned with sadly.

I don't know the endgame of PoE sucks major ass. "Better stack hp/ES because we decided to make the endgame just do massive single hits so armor becomes useless and evasion is just too much RNG to really use effectively"
Game's fun up until then though

Really, that kinda sounds lame, then again, energy shields have always been the strongest thoughout play though, I mean I haven't gotten super far, but I do know if your smart with your build will just rape ememy's which why am going the summor route, I still can'tn believe how strong zombies are, its just werid. Do they just get crazy crit chance or what?

Zombies completely fall off late game because they just don't have the HP to survive.
But yeah they have a good amount of strength.

Also ES is getting nerfed into the earth in a few days here, pure ES builds become completely nonviable and Shavronne's wrapping shoots up in price yet again

lol no, they have stated multiple times that "armor works the way we want it to" and evasion will never be good due to how 1 hit can kill you.
Hybrid is getting nerfed too because of an overall reduction to ES nodes.
So we back to Path of Life nodes baby

Fuck.

Makes it all worthwhile

News from the dev stream the other day: reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6q7ctx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_july_28th_2017/

About what I expected. This better mean Tokyo in 2 weeks becuase holy fuck I've run out of shit to do aside from queue for an hour for elites, grind quests or wait with in Agartha for people who need a DPS for lairs

It's 30$ from like 2012. If you think that's a lot of money you gotta move out your moms basement, man.

What is this, is it piratable, is there a single player mode, etc. You should preemptively answer the obvious questions in your OP.

A "Shared world RPG" (MMO but with the instance cap dropped down to fuckin 10) and F2P rerelease of The Secret World, with the DLC missions integrated into the main game and with not as shit combat. The Secret World was an MMO revolving around every conspiracy theory, monster mythos and legend being true and stood out by having an interesting store and actually difficult investigation missions that require doing research and solving complex puzzles

Its F2P

All the story content aside from dungeons can be done single player

What faction is the cabal and do we need to be that specific faction to join?

You don't need to be a specific faction to join a cabal. Everyone just kinda joins their own faction while shittalking each other.

Is there a good coop element for story mode and any PvP in this spergfest?
This looks like it could be kinda rad seeing from other anons and their cheeki-breekis

The game can be played coop but you are going to run into some obstacles. On most quests you will share progress but every now and then you'll run across a quest where you can't both interact with the quest item at the same time and the person going second has to wait for the item to respawn (usually less than a minute).

This typically only happens with the main story quests, as those are intended to be solo content anyway as made evident by the instanced parts being solo only.

The only PVP in the game right now is Shambala, a raid vs raid scenario where teams are assigned randomly. It's very chaotic. There were more PVP scenarios in the old game and they will eventually be added to Legends, but they do not seem to be a priority.

Should I keep all my slots at 3 pip regulars or switch a few with those red 2 pip talismans?

I am personally of the mind that you should hold on to both for now and save up your aurum to buy an imbuer to turn the extraordinary gear (the red ones) to turn them into three pip gear.

Just make sure you have the right extraordinary item, because that is a lot of aurum to blow.

I think i'll just max out the basic for now unless I get lucky and get a 3 pip extraordinary

the only extraordinary drops I seem to get 3 pip are weapons

Server just went down for me for "update"
Whispering tide in four hours niggers

I only played briefly, but while 10 is fucking abysmal for an instance cap, it does play to the game's strengths. Would really hurt the atmosphere to see hundreds of people running around Kingsmouth, for example, and atmosphere is really important when you're trying to carry the game's fucking dogshit combat by story/questing alone.

personally I'd like a choice of having the more solo/low cap instances and joining it with about 50+running around.

Dev stream and news round up say Whispering Tide starts tomorrow: reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6q7ctx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_july_28th_2017/

really sure they said 31st was the official start, or maybe its just prep for steam

So anyone still playing this?

MMORPGs didn't used to do that.

I'm trying to but I have to wait until they fix the patron bug so I dont have to wait 72 hours for missions even after they fix it since they never reset the cooldowns.

yeah you in the cabal?

Two days, still no answers.

Could've sworn I posted an answer to this but I guess it somehow didnt go throw

The Free to play remake of The Secret World. The Secret World was an MMO based around all legends and conspiracies being true with a fairly good story and investigation missions that require deductive reasoning, skills at cryptography and research. SWL also makes the combat tolerable and merges the previously DLC stories into the main story.

No but its free

All story content sans dungeons are completable solo and outside of agartha, the per-map instance cap is low enough that you rarely run into randoms.

I have no idea whats happening but I decided to join in

Just got in

I left the last cabal a few days ago, is the new one anymore active?

yeah usually one or two on, hoping to start elites soon or even lairs if we can recruit some guys in general

just /tell Testikill, Doubleplus or me Nymphe

This was not okay.

what horseshit Im glad I got it while I had the chance

Remember to click the plus sign on the chat and add Cabal chat so you can see the shitposts

this image macro is a shit, always was

At least the demons are sexy.

10/10

What's even going to be the reward for doing that server wide raid thing?

There are new login rewards, caches with cosmetics we'll never have a chance to get again. Every raid gives you one key and raids are hosted every one hour. There's also a few achievements for beating this raid a number of times. And I can forget about it because of overheating. Did those mongoloids really have to release such an important event in the middle of a heat wave scorching Yurop?

Fucking deep ones.

for a little while longer before Brexit, then we're free from your even worse caliphate

Why the fuck is this such a fucking disappointment? I expected it to be more like Dark Souls now, and instead it plays EXACTLY like The Secret World, all they did was remove AEGIS and make all the quests pants on head stupidly easy.

How is this a bad thing again?
That system was horrible

u wot

What's a good starting class? and which one has the most potential?

Any DPS seems good for starter and solo, Pistols rely on luck for damage and hit in multiple, Elementalism has overheating but good damage and sword seems overall good with no real downsides other than you need to charge its damage boost skill

ok
no OP, fuck you
FUCK YOU OP SHILL ASSMASTER JIZZGOBBLER FAGGY McFAG of FAGGINTON
fuck those swedes really ruined that game, and it was kinda fucked already

So, Magus and Assassin are good for a starter? what about hammer, i read it's supposed to be good, but i think it's outdated

Hell fam, I've been going solo warlock till I catch up with a buddy. Right now it all seems based on just what skills you pick. They did say they were going out of their way to make sure that it was almost all solo-able.
Retards.

So based on this game's wierd skill system how difficult would it be to so a Yusuke Urameshi type of build with magic and fists?

You faggots got a discord to shit talk in while you play? Looking to return to the game after playing through kingsmouth a few years ago.

Did they fix the really bad hub which just made everyone lost?

you have the wrong game, you should try Champions online or City of….sorry

Sword's dps is actually pretty abysmal right now.
DPS wise you pick a main that's gonna take up 4/6 slots and then a secondary that takes the rest.
Rifle is a good secondary for anything as long as you have a mediocre ultimate (a lot of shit does) because it takes no passive slots to do good secondary damage.

Shotgun is good because it does good dps, good tanking, good everything
Hammer is also fairly fucking strong right now.

I might make a discord if theirs enough interest but wont do so otherwise.

You could do chaos/blood and fists. It would be yusuke really but that's about as close as you'll get.

I wouldn't be against it but it'd just be the same shit posting that every 8 discord is.

While lvling solo I'm running AR as my secondary for it's healing. Using blood as my main for damage.

This game is pay2win and they dont even try to hide it

How? Because you CAN buy something doesn't mean you have to.

discord.gg/2H3BVVe

I made one. Everyone's welcome except fags and Holla Forums. It's about vidya not communist shit

fug

Blood is super strong, depending on your healer.
A good rifle healer can keep you alive even at full corruption, Not so much for fist and blood healers. As healers they're the most consistent as nothing they have is on a massive CD or RNG based or completely reliant on having something to attack like fucking rifle

Might as well install Windows 10 while you're at it.

What mob could you possibly need a random to farm? it was the futa paizuri wasnt it

what?

The Fata Padurii. The fairy trees with saggy titties. Retards who can't into non-single-target attacks or target priority tend to complain about them.

I tried logging in with my old account but cant get my old character back, I could only make a new character and even in my account settings the option isnt there.

yeah all characters got wiped because of the new systems

What the fuck man, I thought they said they would have that shit saved for Legacy players

they have your costumes saved

Your character still exists in TSW but you need to make a new character in SWL because its functionally a new game. As a legacy player, you keep all your cosmetics, get 2 extra character slots, and automatically have all weapon pages unlocked without having to spend MoF

None of that stuff is unlocked for me, I used my same log in info but not getting anything

did you link your account and check your deliveries?
also some costumes you need to have the same gender as your old character

Its not letting me link my accounts

you may have to create a different SWL account or something then, I forget what the process is to link them

You have to get to Agartha first then it will be in your delivered items section

level 50 Deathless congregation, didnt need him but we were farming the same mob for the lore so we grouped up so it counted as both our kills

dragon did 9/11, Illuminati deployed undetectable gaybombs on templar and put chemicals in London's water that makes the frogs gay this is all canon

but why?

I honestly have no idea. The Secret World had pasties covering the nipples but Secret World Legends has fully modeled and textured tiddies that can only be seen when the game is loading

get in here faggots we killing group champions

God is there a reason all the dungeon drops with about 2 exceptions are complete ass for healing?

I've got nothing but 3pip healing extraordinary drops from dungeons when I want DPS shit

because the dps shit is actually passable… okay mostly the belt is completely worthless, but the head, luck talisman and wrist are all fantastic

What's the point of having nips if faces are fugly?

Why does this game make my monitor turn off?

Is it just because I downloaded it through Steam? Should I play it through the regular client, instead?

it's not the graphical detail even;
i still get 30+fps looking around, but heaven forbid an enemy use a special move, or another player enter my area, or I use an attack I just used 30 seconds ago. Either it's having trouble syncing with the server and is delaying frame updates while it does so or it's locking everything while it fetches shit that should already be in active memory

I haven't had any issues with the update, but clicking "Repair Broken Data" on the launcher usually fixes any weird shit & speeds up loading on my end.

Try switching to a different resolution in the launcher.

Strangely each patch has made my game more stable. During beta I was crashing every other hour, now I can play until I wanna quit at max graphics

So this is how a 2017 video game looks like?

I'm so glad I bought a 980ti

2012 game actually

It's a 2010 MMO.
And yeah it looks like most 2017 games…

Jesus fucking Christ, is there a decent way to get anima shards other than from vendoring quest rewards?

My new favourite mmo. But right now I've a shitton of distillates and all my gear I can't fuse any higher because im just level 27.

Has anyone tried the hoverboard(s)? Put on the thps2 soundtrack and it turns the game into a spooky skateboarding game. Better than thps5, at least.

pvp takes 4 minutes on average and gives 1000 shards win or lose.

It’s a 50 gigabyte download. IS this worth it, even for just dicking around? How grindy is it? How much time do I have to waste to get to anything fun?

And can I be a naked chick from the start?

Very. There are multiple grind systems.
Read: tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-ultimate-beginner-guide/
Especially the sections on gear empowerment, gear fusion, and currencies to get an idea of the grind involved in this game.

If the story engrosses you I'm sure you'll be hooked before you finish Kingsmouth (probably less than three hours). But if the story doesn't grab you then I suggest dropping the game entirely.
Nope. The nudity is just models not loading fast enough. While there are some very revealing outfits in the game you cannot be naked (outside of glitches).

No, what I mean is, the game will run for around 30 minutes, and then my monitor acts like it needs to go into power saving mode, but I can still hear audio.

Nice game concept, too bad the character creator is pozzed as fuck

I dunno, I made a cutie pie aryan templar waifu. It's just too bad I can't play the god damn game and show anyone.

No thanks, then. What’s that one game based on Conan the Barbarian or something where you can run around naked? I don’t even care if it’s singleplayer only for pirates; I just need something to take my mind off of suicide for a little while.

I hope you're joking. Age of Conan is a decent f2p MMO. If you want to play it solo then I recommend a Stygian necromancer, Egyptian waifu that summons up zombie dogs to do her bidding.

Why are the Whispering Tide rewards so fucking weird and unfitting

Also why would they offer a seperately colored version of it, but then have it in a specific faction's colors? I mean Im not gonna use either sets becuase they both look like fucking shit unless you are wearing all of the pieces, its just weird, especially since the preview of it shows a blue one.

the military gas mask is pretty neat atleast and the faction pet is cute as fuck. I hate the techno suit shit though and everyone who wears it.

I dont get with all the fashion option everyone goes for the ugliest flashiest shit they can combine. I've seen one cosplay of adam Jensen and thats it. Pic related is my best attempt at trying fashion shit

Not sure if I want to switch the combat boots with something else.

looks alright if you're going for the british detective look.

That happened to me with F.E.A.R a few years ago, In that case I just had to temporally disable the power saving for the monitor. Sorry it isn't that helpful.

I tried.

Was kinda going for the John Constantine look.

never read it, sorry.

I recognized the Constantine look immediately. But what's with the blue crap all over your face?

Camo facepaint, forgot to remove it in character creation when I was going for a more military look.

heh

Who thought this was a good idea? Should I even bother starting over again just for a different faction choice?

in the old creator, with some hours of effort you could make some qt 3.14.
This new creator is fucking shit

they're adding more customization and shit later apparently but no real word on why it was dumbed down apart from the graphical update.
Its true character models are far better than the original, compare the old dean to the new dean for example

Tokyo on wednesday, will they kill the game for a second time with AEGIS?

Does she have chicken pox?

aegis is dead, they confirmed they tried to retool it for the new tokyo but ended up removing it entirely and changing enemies and bosses instead

the milkman like it that way

and yet he (fc6a08) still continue.

That's what I want to hear, but do you have a source on that?

All the news: reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6t4dnx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_august_11th_2017/

reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6t4dnx/the_buzzing_info_roundup_for_august_11th_2017/

sorry about reddit but the official update link linked me there

Cool thanks, I was really worried that they would try to bring it back.

same and while the current system is still mediocre atleas aegis is dead, probably gonna stick around since I never got to experience much of tokyo in the original game

so, what happened to the old Secret World?
was it shut down?
will it get updates?

No.
No.

You can still play the original but it will never change.

Old TSW is still around, but make sure you read up on how to keep it from patching to legends if you want to play it. Since it patches automatically the old servers are also dead as fuck now so expect it to die soon.

what's it like being an NPC?
he asked while expecting a canned answer

This is really going too far

Get upset at the label but the fact still remains. Puzzle quests were real unique but retards and the "modern" mmo player would rather crunch numbers trying to be min max faggots in a game that really didn't need it.

Why the character creation looks like shit? what engine does it run on?

1) The game came out in 2012.
2) The game uses the same engine as Age of Conan.

So they're gonna make a TV show based on The Secret World now.
archive.fo/5JSlI
techraptor.net/content/johnny-depp-is-co-producing-a-tv-series-based-off-the-secret-world

worry

also tokyo tomorrow fuckers you ready?

Ready for Tokyo.

Also hoping them adding weapon skins to the dressing room doesn't suck.

Also hoping they fixed some of the bugged lores… I noticed they sprinkled the Whispering Tide lore all over Agartha, so I'm hoping the missing filth lore and some of the others have been relocated as well.

it was made by PC obsessed people.
Not qts, just minorities and couple of slavs/europeans

cool

That's almost $32 when you account for inflation, jackass

Can I make qts in this game?

not easily yet

I bet if your fav brand or pizza place got a $2 extra in price you'd notice it and consider it high. That doesn mean you're so poor you cant properly eat, it just means the pizza place / brand is a shitty place run by jews and you shouldnt support it.
But hey, its your money.

Does this game has a clan or something? Do user have one?

yeah when the servers are back up /tell Nymphe, Testikill or Doubleplusfor an invite if they're online

where they fucking drunk when they did this progression

i think they wanted to drive home the idea of venice cockblocking you from going to tokyo because of the purple pirates.

btw if you didn't do The Girl Is Gone the flashback with the venetian girl doesn't help you understand who the fuck that's supposed to be. but they contextualized all of the issue story shit from the first two zones so that all makes sense, and seemed to have just forgotten to work on transylvania like this. as a story guy, i hate this.

fuck, i meant phoenician.

There's a mission in this game where the only way to find the answer is to solve a clock puzzle pointing to a painting and then identify what painter (in real life) did it, and then use his name as a cipher to find a bible passage.

Am I the only one having trouble with the patch?

I don't understand? Is it cause she looks a bit like Brianna Wu?

Game is shit and you're shit for liking it.

Is the social-stuff any good? That's what's important since i could basically get a better RPG for free any other way.

Do you really like that manface or something?

is my girl cute? best I could do with the character creation because it sucks ass.

Reminds me of Zakharov from SMAC.

I dont think its even possible to make a cute girl these days, I remember having a really cute teen looking qt back in TSW

Too bad shes a coalburner

careful you're missing your daily pegging from your illuminati handler doubleplus

Between chasing the BBC and being in Sharia Law ground zero Templars truly are the most cucked faction Also >implying Geary's not a lion in the streets and a sheep in the sheets

No guess you guys are more comfortable with cleaning up your geary's gaping holes by her command after being pounded by a whole house of exiled oni's (its canon)
meanwhile Sonnac's getting that sweet tight asian puss while we Templars actually get shit done in the world

Except for the fact that it isnt because A. Shes digusted by the Oni and their creepy waifuism towards her and B. The Illuminati owns them not the other way around. Keep thinking you're actually accomplishing anything while we laugh from behind the shadows.