Dragon Quest XI western release announced

ITS HABBENING
EARLY NEXT YEAR
**PC VERSION WHEN?==

Other urls found in this thread:

dragon-quest.org/wiki/List_of_character_statistics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the localization still gonna be riddled with puns, massive rewrites and horribly forced accents?

Most likely

That man looks like a Kappa

Anyone have any idea on what to expect with it? I haven't been following much news regarding the game.

you wut? ya got sumthing 'gainst a lil' accent eh guv'?

Game only just launched yesterday in Japan so reviews are forthcoming. Character skill progression looks similar to the License Board from FF12 (or the Sphere Grid from FFX), there's a Tension-esque system that allows you to use team attacks a la Chrono Trigger, the Sword of Erdrick is making a return so there's some theorizing that this is in the same world as the Erdrick Trilogy.

Ultimately though it's likely to end up being such a massively huge game that it will take a week or two for the dedicated fans to get through it and THEN we will start seeing reviews from non-journalists. Early previews are likely out if you can read Japanese.

It's not an offline MMO like DQ9 was, It's more like DQ8 with some shit the DQ7 remake added to the series thrown

I want X.
There's nothing left to be explored in single player JRPGs.

Is there going to be any difference from choosing the 3DS version over the PS4 or Switch version?

No, none at all

Dragon Quest 8 was semi good, but the series is fucking dead. 7 was a fucking joke, 3 was god sent. Its over. Let this garbage series go. Go play real video games with actual gameplay.

Actually they're not doing a dub. At all. The game is going to have no voice acting.

Obviously America will still find a way to fuck up the localisation. It is what they do. And we will all suffer for it.

and then i won't buy it to teach square enix to be more careful with their property
and if they never release another game here i'll find a better rpg series

He's been whining about it for a decade user, you can't penetrate autism that thick.

Current popular rumor is that the protag is the reincarnation of the Dragonlord, whom Rubiss decided to give another shot and make up for past sin

CAN SOME FAGGOT WEEB PLEASE UPLOAD THE .CIA OR RELEASE THE FUCKING TITLEKEY ALREADY?!?

Just become a faggot weeb and upload it

But being a faggot weeb requires enough money to live as a decadent degenerate and I can't afford that. All we can hope for is someone with a region hacked 3DS buys it off of the Jap eshop or for a brave Jap to leak it themselves

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out on any content by going with the 3ds version, I get that the 3ds has that 3d/2d thing and it is going to look worse.

I have Parental Controls enabled on my 3DS just to have 3D mode disabled because I never used it and would always move the 3D slider by accident

This is the first I ever heard of that.

Same as any other country though

It's true. That's why most Jap game leaks come from China. Because Chinks often travel to Japan to get games to leak online. China is to Japan what Mexico is to America

I do the same with the slider, I meant that DQ XI on the 3DS lets you play with 3D characters and graphics along with a 2D mode that looks like traditional DQ.

Wrong. Console hacking is legal in America. In America console firmware modification falls under device warranties. And even then device makers are REQUIRED to set a base terms for device warranties under consumer rights laws. The worst a console maker can do is file a lawsuit and thus far the only company to do this has been Sony against Geohotz for using Sonys encryption keys in his jailbreak.

No voice acting never stopped them before

Anywhere I can look up any of this fan stuff without having to know Japanese, or at least look at some nice screenshots with indecipherable scribbles next to them?

So glad I'm not a Yuropoor

I pulled it from the J wiki chat room. To make up for my lack of screen, I will provide random mechanical trivia instead.

Do you know what luck does in 3?

Spell evasion, with each spell having it's own base accuracy.
dragon-quest.org/wiki/List_of_character_statistics

Oh, and for VIII's critical hit rate boost it changes it to 1/32. There is strong speculation that Morrie's extra crit boost raises all of his to 1/16, but for the life of me I have not been able to find documentation for it.

I always assumed it boosted the critical hit rate so I always gave my martial artist the luck book.

>the protag is the reincarnation of the Dragonlord

So Soma Cruz?

Apparently, it also improves the chance of the spell zaoraru working (don't know what it is in English, but it's a rez spell that has a chance to fail).

I don't think anyone has landed in jail for piracy here. Hell chances are your seedbox or favourite pirate site is hosted in the Netherlands.

Usually it is countries that make money from the entertainment industry that have a hard line stance against piracy. Places like the US, UK and Japan. Since piracy doesn't cost the Dutch state any euroshekels nobody cares. Much to the aggravation of the US State department.

Just like fucking PC releases.

Common misconception thanks to the tards on gamefaqs, nothing to be embarrassed over. At least the monk did benefit from it anyway.

You're right! Max luck bring Zing's revive chance to 75%, which is also the percent cap in IX if you have 700 magical might.

Yup, and if you look closely as 11's logo you'll see the dragon is holding the sphere of light

Until they replace that idiot they have as the head of localization and have whoever it is live in the West.

Why? Didn't they already say it was when they announced it for the anniversary?

Not to mention they'll force voice acting in like they did with DQVIII which will lead to the slow downs that people hated in said games original release.

Hm, I'm surprised Square has enough resources for another mmo on top of FF14. I mean, the FF14 is constantly saying they lack the manpower and the server infrastructure to implement all the things they want.

Anyway, I'd certainly be willing to give this game a shot. I hope it'll be available in the spring at least. I watched some youtube videos btw.

DQXI isn't the MMO, that's DQX.

I thought south east Asia was the Mexico if Asia?

Those slowdowns were in the nip version as well due to the sheer size of the over world and how much of it was being drawn at once, as one of the development goals for VIII was to be the anti-FFX and present a world that looked like it had actual depth. You're more than welcome to stop talking out of your ass at any time.

You're both right in a sense, as china has demographically and culturally displaced most of southeast asia.

At least Terry's Wonderland got a nice fan translation from the folks at gba temp. I think they did some minor balance patching as well, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

I actually think the people that whine about apostrophes and such are borderline illiterate. I could understand stuff like pic related when I was 13. DQ localizations have bigger issues than accents these days.

That part in 4 was way more than apostrophe's. They use Scottish lingo that makes no sense to anyone not familiar with it like "bairn" and probably something else I'm forgetting. I know when I played it I had no clue what the fuck I was even supposed to be looking for because I had no clue bairn refers to children.

Oh yeah, there's the faux Russian accents in the next part of them game that are probably even worse. Not that the "find the event flag" horseshit game design present in that section was good to begin with but still.

The fucking chapter was called the mystery of the missing children you goddamned dumb nigger. is right, whinny bitches like you are illiterate retards.

The chapter name only appears once and it's easy to forget the name after playing for an hour or two and turning the game off for a few days.

Crawl your dumbass back to cuckchan and stay gone you Godless shitstain.

I found a DQ11 .cia file from some frog website last night. So far it's pretty good. The whole "2D/3D" thing feels rather like a gimmick though, ALL IT IS is that the D-pad uses absolute direction (up is always up on the 2D screen, down is always down.etc) while the circle-pad is always relative direction to the camera on the 3D screen. The top-screen is always 3D and the bottom screen is always 2D.

I would much rather have had the d-pad used for traditional camera control like in the DQ8 port for 3DS with the circle-pad for movement and having a toggle between 2D and 3D mode instead. You CAN rotate the camera with the L/R buttons, however.

I did look it up though. You sound really defensive over this for no real reason.

How far have you made it?

That shit can get ridiculous as fuck. There was one guy in the Swindimples school gym or whatever that place with the stage is that aggravated me to hell.

More nostalgia fuel for the anniversary the game was announced for.

What the hell is up with this text? Is that Guyanese creole?

kek

I'm glad I skipped 5 on the DS and just played the original translation hack on an emulator.

I play fan translations of Japanese games and even THEY don't have these stupid "` fuck this shit.

Is it too much to ask to just translate the fucking game? Next time the Japanese prime minister is speaking at a G20 summit let's do funny accents with air quotation marks.

Are you familiar with the car mechanic conundrum where you go to a shop to fix what you know is wrong with the car and end up getting billed with tons of shit you never even wanted changed but have to foot anyway? It's the same shit. Localizers just change and insert random crap to justify their existence because, let's face it, if all they actually did was translate things they wouldn't have nearly as much money or corporate pull.

I can tell you right now they will cut this out of the localization

So it's okay to be blatantly racist if you say it's for "including other cultures"?

Hey, what are the chances someone will eventually make a private server for DQX?

Femiweebs BTFO

Apparently. Just learn Japanese so you aren't subject to the whims of these people.

What resources would it take to actually do such?

Ah, I see. This is game of the year.

Is she under the effects of Sultry Dance?

Don't know shit about it, just seen it happen with WoW, Mabinogi, and Dragonball Online.

Did DQVIIs remake have these skills too?

I played and loved VIII despite the fact that I couldn't finish it. What are the realistic chances that this would hit the PC? I know there are 2 DQ games on Steam but they aren't mainline.

PC? There's always a chance but low. This game isn't a big thing outside Japan.

There's always emulation down the line. There might be a PS4 emulator in five years.

sounds comfy, americans and bastard englishmen btfo

You mean VIII, and yeah all the sexy skills were in it with no editing. The only censorship were on a few outfits, and those were in the Japanese version as well.

The Heroes duo did well on PC, so there's a strong chance for it to happen. The only reason it didn't with VIII is because of the time it was developed in.

People are saying since it's made with Unreal Engine, it will eventually end up on PC since it wouldn't really take much to port it there but I don't trust Square to allow it but at least if they ever do; the DRM they use seems to be easily broken these days.

No, I mean VII; I played VIII and remember almost all the skill names. I just don't know if the skills were first in VIII or if they might've been in earlier games since I'm only up to DQII in my quest to play them all.

I know and don't care about what they did about the outfits since it was the Jap ratings board which they have to go through.

I don't have a 3ds so I can't verify myself, but after a little searching it doesn't seem like it was removed from the NoA release. All the guides reference how it works in battle like VI, and none of the npc puffettes were removed either. They kept in that pink night gown for Maribel as well.

so who is best girl from XI?

nobody censors bloomers theyre pure

I base this on absolutely nothing.

why are these fags so pathetic?

i dont know you have a pretty good case

Why are fags who hate when games get put on better platforms always so salty?

Why is this even an issue? The proliferation of the series means more exposure and that's good for Dragon Quest fans every where.

The subtitle for each chapter points out the goal like a bit fat arrow and there's nothing stopping you from looking up words you're unfamiliar with. Are you a nigger?

I only ever think of one thing when it comes to PC versions.

People wanna play a video game; not Scrabble.

So the fan theory was validated in a non-spolery way, in that you get a free digital copy of the original game one you beat XI, based on the recent smart phone version