Dragon Ball Super

So, did we get any video games featuring stuff from DBS? Is xenoverse even a good series? Are you even watching the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

xenoversemods.com/mods/?view=tiles&sort=downloads&time=&category=xenoverse-2
dragonballinsider.com/2014/05/12/june-2014-saikyo-jump-akira-toriyama-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some stuff in Xenoverse 2, but since the show is still ongoing then don't expect a "Dragon Ball Super" game any time soon.

Xenoverse 2 is okay and has stuff from Super all the way through the Zamasu arc. If you got the DLC for most of it that is.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is looking decent so far. Not much Super in there except golden freeziepop.

It's not great, but it's alright. Definitely has room for a lot of growth in the sense that they could have done a lot more with the second game, but they didn't.

Now that I mention it, have they announced yet if they're going to add more Super characters? Stages maybe?

I hope not.
Not anymore.

They actually fixed Rose Blacks overly long name.

Which is worse at this point, GT or Super?

Super.

At least SSJ4 wasn't a hair recolor.

Too bad they include DBS in that game.
Should have stick with DBZ.
Why not include the big buff version of Freeza instead.

GT had the grace to at least fucking end when the people making it knew nobody liked it.

Super pander to the fags that wanted a more DBZ even if it is shittier, derivative, and goes against the previous series theme.

They could have just made an anime based on DBO or Xenoverse.

Well. DBS has more compeling story than GT. And some great world building. Animation quality is non sential.
I hate few things though (only watched till episode 40):

Not to turn this into an /a/ thread but it really didn't. Even the manga sucked.

I just sold a copy of this in my store, I saw some one playing it in one of my consoles, I think it goes up to the super shit.

Other than first 2 rehash arcs, everything else is fun to watch. Also waiting for Gohans potential return in current arc.

I don't get it. The villains are better than GTs, the new side characters are fucking fantastic Hit never ever getting a character arc, and the fight sequences are fucking amazing to watch. We're finally stepping away from "Oh we should just wait for Goku to come and save the day" with the Black arc, and now the tournament is going on with everyone getting their fair shot. Like, what the fuck do you guys want from it?

No, I won't get into the details because I made my point in /a/.

Hit is a shit character. Toei just wanted another Piccolo.

Goku used his God Kamehameha directly at Master Roshi when he was possessed. How is that an improvement?

Beerus is from Battle of the Gods

Individual opinions do not indicate a pattern of contrarianism.

They want toei to fellate their memories of childhood, same with every faggot who bitches about a series revival. I'm just the series is giving power level autists aneurysms on a weekly basis.

That game was made before Resurrection F was even teased, Super started airing near the end of XV2's development which is why they had only enough time to add Hit to the base game as a Dragon Ball wish.

Interesting, I never got a chance to play it. I only saw just a bit from where a kid was playing in my shop on a PS3 I had set up and like said it had Beerus on the cover.

It's generally considered to be trash and not worth playing, the fucking thing doesn't have local multiplayer because the devs decided that was the only way to provide the "best" graphics.

Every DB game released since Super started has featured elements from Super.

Added lore isn't helping. Especially when it contradicts with what happened in the previous series. Beerus apparently took care of the dinosaurs, even though they were present in the original series. Super Saiyan is achieved by the tingling feeling in the back. Not sure of the exact number but apparently there is only about 30 races in universe 7 which seems pretty small. You can pre-chew senzu beans and give the healing powers to someone who is unconscious with mouth-to-mouth.

For every one good episode or idea, there is about five bad ones that follow. It's trying to fuse the sensibilities of Dragon Ball and Z and having mixed results because of it. It's clear they didn't plan it out from the start. Their real effort for an arc began with Zamasu and that was a chaotic mess from beginning to end.

Current arc is doing a little better, major gripes being how they handle certain characters and lore that didn't need to be put in place. The only way to could make it any worse is if they go 3D in the style of Berserk (2016). It's at least bad in an interesting way.

I'm sorry your taste is shit.

He is extremely one dimensional and the anime can't stop sucking his penis-shaped head. His fight with Goku in the anime is just way to make more stupid transformations to sell video games and toys.

Dragon Ball is for fagets

That's how every arc has been so far though you dumb faggot. Goku is still the only meaningfully strong character, only now they've decided to say fuck it and add other universes who Goku can just one-up when the plot demands it.

Don't bother. Xenoverse 1 and 2 are like Raging Blast but worse, which are in themselves worse than the Tenkaichi series. So you're getting a double downgrade, just go play Tenkaichi 3 again. It's what I do.

Preorder FighterZ.

Fucking
NINGEN

Xenoverse is utter shit. The only people who like it are Chris chan tier DBZ autists obsessed with their shitty donut steel mary sue characters.

Dragon Ball Super is going to fuck with Dragon Ball like Bethesda fucked Fallout.
Take this for example.
In the manga, Fused Zamasu has a unique moveset; throwing unbreakable cubes, portal punches, and telekinesis, but the anime came first so its canon.
All of the gay-ass retcons become canon just because it is the latest iteration of the series. Wiki articles would pozzed up by the new inconsistent canon.

Oh I'm not pretending super is good, per se, its just that I appreciate how it pisses off the "professional fans". Kanzenshou reached sonic fan levels of autistic screeching when it became apparent that Piccolo, Roshi, and Krillin leap froged cell and most versions of buu in the current arc, not to mention that Gohan didn't receive "the right kind" of character development.

Super is the Troll 2 of anime, mixed with a little bit of nostalgia. So long as it gives non saiyans a chance to steal the spot light, I'll be happy. As for toriyama's senility and forgetting small details like the dinosaurs, habitation has set in and I no longer feel the pain.

If I'm REALLY lucky, he'll forget nameks exist and Piccolo can go back to being the demon king.

Absolutely super.

It consistently hasn't and it won't. In the Universal Tournament so far the Saiyans are the only meaningful fighters, and the alt-Universe saiyans are even stronger than Goku for no fucking reason.

That is a pretty shitty reason for liking something.
You know that they could have used Elder Supreme Kai's potential unlock as an excuse to powerup the non-saiyans but no, let's bring it up but not do it.

Nigger they stated why it couldn't be done. If you're going to shit on something at least pay attention.

Looks like his new form won't be a recolor, but it doesn't look terribly interesting yet.

I hate the alternate Saiyans so much. Cabba was okay but then they all just started going super Saiyan with no real hardships or training. They are just handed their power, where as at one point the main characters had to work for, and suffer for it.

At this point I just want to see Gohan do something semi-cool before the whole arc ends. After that I'm checking out.

Super has been so bad I've had autistic dreams about Goku apologizing for it.

Cabba was alright when he was getting his shit pushed in by Vegeta. He somewhat earned his transformation, I can even look past Kale, because it's just fem-broly. Caulifula is annoying though.
Get a grip dude.

kek 10/10

Wow, you're a special kind of retard if you read all that and thought I actually like the series.

Vegeta can't even beat winnie the pooh as an ss2.

The gameplay in xenoverse is objectively shallow, clunky, grinding garbage and the only reason to play it is autism.

So you'd appreciate anything that's shitty because it pisses people off?
That's bacteria-tier levels of intellectual fulfillment.

I would if I could. Every time I wake up from a "super" dream I just feel disappointed in myself for having it.

I've had 3 so far.

Because it took them too long to think of that idea just like how they say Buu normally needs to only sleep in a few seconds but they made him fall asleep for the tournament. The writers are just pretending that haven't forgot about it.

I get that you like how it is pissing people off. Excuse me for not articulating your retarded "This is shit but I'm enjoying it because trainwreck/pissing people off/whatever." point.

Super is like autist bait, no one cares about dbz lore or things working out correctly people watch db/z/s/etc for the fun ride and the broad beats it hits.

Is it still a light hearted muscle soap opera? Yes? Then I don't really give a shit about anything else.

Official Power Levels

tl;dr Gohan becomes the most powerful non-fused Saiyan by the end of Z

how the fuck do you even get into dragonball?

You don't
Watch something else

yeah but Gohan can't fight for shit and is a soft cunt because of his mother's neuroticism, and completely slacks off from training and fighting, unlike real Saiyans.
Toriyama fucked up the whole Gohan becomes the protector of Earth thing with that stupid Great Saiyaman cringe fest.

I still wonder what the Dragon Ball franchise would be like if it ended like Toriyama intended with the Cell Games. Goku helps Gohan surpass him, Gohan overcomes the sum total of all of his Father's lifelong enemies given a single form (Cell) and Goku can finally pass on and stay dead after being revived again and again.

Blame the retarded Jap audience who wanted muh Goku back.

The Cell saga was a good ending to DBZ so you could just pretend everything after that didn't happen.

Epic.

There was never enough time to do the potential unlocking since they only gave them a handful of hours to get their shit together. Before that they didn't know every Universe got nuked if they lost, so what would be the point of doing something so drastic? On top of that, the Kai are known to be lazy faggots who just let everyone do their own thing.
Besides, nothing would stop the other Kai from the other universes to do the exact same shit with their warriors, making it completely useless.
Same with Vegeta blowing up the time chamber since they could just chuck Buu in there for a few seconds to wake him up.
Why they keep blueballing him I don't know, but they walled that option off in a clear, if lazy, manner.

I'm not defending Super's shortcomings, but come on man.

Just like watch it.

I want Gomu to stay dead like he should have after Cell. It was Gohan's time to shine, goddamnit, and Saiyaman was going good, it would have been great if Gohan and Gotenks had to work together to beat Buu, but noooooo, we have to have Goku break the established rules and come back. Coming back to go to have the fight with Vegeta and teach the fusion was okay, but the point was he couldn't just solve the problem like usual. It was up to the others.

I don't care how many times and how immense my autistic screeching is regarding the following in every DBZ/Super thread, but I'll always hate Super (in addition to its other shortcomings like the Universe 6 saiyans) for how hard they're shafting Buu. Especially with the Tournament of Power, where the writers decided to say "fuck it" and wrote him out in the crappiest way possible just so they can put Frieza in the story again.

Totally. It pissed me off the first time, but I can't believe they did the same thing twice.
I wonder if they heard some fag in the studio say that people wanted more freeza or something. After all that buildup you can't tell me they didn't want to let Buu fight in this tournament.

Even the OP scenes where they replaced him with Freeza looks lazily done.

YOU HAVE AUTISM

Watch Dragon Ball, then be prepared for it all to be downhill after.

Its always the third games that do improvement

GT

The moment I gave up completely was when Zamasu stabbed himself and pulled a scythe out of his hand and cut open a new dimension. That was some Naruto level of edge.

They better. They won't have a single excuse to pull another copy paste.

Some people really do take this show way too serious.

Super's a fun show. Don't listen to all the kids trying to sound cool by hating it.

Dont get me wrong, I laughed. It was too fucking terrible not to laugh however laughter was not what they were going for and that is what makes its shit.

Mainly nostalgia fans who want toei to create a show exactly like the one they watched as kids.

Isn't it owned by someone else now?

GT definitely, but Super is extremely hit and miss to put it lightly. Its better just by that fact alone rather than the utter garbage that was GT.

I mean, its a pattern that's happened before and they straight up said it'll be a while before Xeno 3. It better be better.
Also
Obviously. Dragon Ball is honestly not a series to watch if you can't enjoy cheese. Not the original, not Z, and definitely not Super. But because faggots took Z seriously, we're here.

For fuck's sake. I'm horribly out of date with Super the last episodes I watched were the Android 17 ones and every time I think I should start watching again, Super gives me a good reason not to. Are those SSJ4 eyes he's got there? He's shirtless too. I honestly might come back to Super if it's SSJ4.

Did they? That's good I guess. I really want them to expand on the race customization and give them more stuff to dick around with. Especially the Freezians and Majins.

Come on. Super Saiyan "Rose", Goku "Black" the entire arc was full on cheese.

Might have something to do with that thing Gohan was talking about. Creating his own 'ultimate' form, however that works. I forgot which episode he says that.

Its almost like the whole show is cheese :^)

Allthough, I watched two of the tournament of power episodes and they seemed alright.

Which is my point.

This tournament is pretty good so far. There's a couple things that annoy me, like the excessive narration from the gods. I get it's a budget thing and they wanna stall so they can fill an entire episode before the animation lemmings run out of juice, but it still pisses me off.
Krillin's episode was really good though. Only thing I wished they did was have him interact more with Frost before getting booted off the stage. Missed opportunity there.

You're expecting way to much from someone with zero reading comprehension. On that note, would the other universes even have their own elder kais? Gowasu is pretty old but he's the normal kaioshin for his universe. Polite sage for double posting.

As bad as GT was, at least it wasn't based on fanfiction. And yet Super ended up understanding less of DB than the fanfiction it's based upon somehow. Absolute shitshow.

Hey guys, heard you like transformations. What do you think about mine?

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttt!!!!

wish they made a xenoverse esque game for naruto.

Fuck that shit. I want a Sonic Xenoverse. Imagine all the donut steels.

That's exactly what Forces is.

*checks Forces*
*teleports behind you*
looks good help me

You're beyond help.

nothing personel kid

Who knows. I don't see why they wouldn't have their own.

Holy shit where did the fucking DBS Defense Force come from? I like how when someone states why they don't like it/why they stopped watching we get like five kids coming in with responses like:
>But it's fun
>But they explained the stupid retcon so it's okay
You can say I'm taking the show too seriously, but It's not like Dragon Ball and Z had no silliness. The difference here is that the good outweighed the bad and the earlier shows were actually worth watching while still being silly.

Why waste your time with something that is shitty and silly when you could watch something good and silly? "Bruh just turn off your brain" is not an argument.

Watch Dragonball and then stop. Read the manga if that's more your thing

If you go past that, it eventually hits the point where even the most retarded parody is still less retarded than the show

Oh…

I can laugh at something without appreciating it. It's a completely different concept. The point is if you appreciate anything that pisses people off then entertaining you is trivial, like you have the mind of a microbe.
Are you scared of appropriately used big words on a chan, little boy?
Newfag that doesnt know about polite sage telling people to go to reddit. That's rich.

>Monkey D Luffy
>shape-shifts body into Gorilla proportions
Doesn't make much sense, but I guess I see what they were going for.
LOCAL PIRATE IS FUCKING INVINCIBLE
Now he just needs more stamina (form duration) and damage output before he can take out a Yonko.

The Super anime end for Trunks was retarded. I'm not sure how it worked out in the manga though. The Xenoverse ending does make the most sense for him. It also makes sense that a part of him would try to meet up with Gohan again. I mean, Gohan really did raise him like a father. It only makes sense.

In the manga Goku calls the King of All down to help kill zamasu/black. King of All is immediately like "This shit is fucked up, I'm erasing it all" and Goku, Vegeta, Mai and Trunks escape on the time machine while the supreme kais just time ring out of there or something. Trunks and Mai chill in the past for a bit before deciding to go back to their future at the point right before Dabura and Babidi show up so they can do it right this time, even though there will be two Trunks and Mais and they won't even belong in that time period.
Goku then somehow travels back into Trunks' time even though the universe was destroyed and takes the King of All back to his time so now there are TWO King of Alls to keep each other happy.
Trunks turned down an offer to remain the Supreme Kai's Disciple for this shit.

Reposting because I apparently don't know how spoilers work when breaking up paragraphs

I'm hoping Luffy takes out Big Mom soon. She's already wrecked her island and is more than likely going to kill her crew. There's not much left for her to do in the story at this point. Luffy putting down Big Mom can at least get us started towards the final arc when all of the other Yonkos take notice.

I really don't want another fishman island arc and there's only so many big bads left.

Oh. So they did the same ending as the anime? That's kinda disappointing. I was really hoping they would have done it differently. Trunks really should have continued on to train with the Supreme Kai. I'm pretty tired of Mai too. I wish she had stayed old.

Yeah, that's why Fallout 3 makes everything before it look like shit

Really there was no point not to have Trunks remain in the past with Supreme Kai as a super saiyan heal slut. Other than, you know, status quo.

Although, it does look like the future Trunks from Super isn't the same Trunks from Z. Z Trunks didn't have Mai. Still though, the Super Trunk's ending is a bit lame.

And yet you're still saging like an anal leaking plebbitor desperate for validation of his meandering platitudes, now that's rich.

I'm sageing because it's off topic.
Instead of mindlessly doing damage control and ignoring everything else I said, you could be a nice little newfag and stop replying because you obviously have nothing to say.

He could probably withstand Big Mom's attacks while in Gear Four, but he cannot maintain the form very long. He already threw a punch at her in Gear Four but Big Mom didn't even flinch. Granted, it wasn't the strongest punch he can throw in that form, but I still doubt he can output enough damage to harm Big Mom.

In the previous series, Goku, through his sheer will for self improvement, went from an incredibly weak baby to a homeless kid in the woods to savior of the planet and eventually the universe, while inspiring most of his foes to leave their negative traits behind once they see his simple good nature.

In Super, Goku meets a new level of amoral and destructive gods, and learns about the multiverse, making friends with said gods while, through his simple will for self improvement, he works to reach their level and maybe become the strongest in the multiverse.

Call it shitty if you want, call it derivative (no shit, it's a sequel series), but it has the same themes going on.

Idk, Goku slowly becoming evil is interesting at the moment even though I know they'll pussy out and not go through with it.

They're still present in the current series. That dinosaur that Gohan kept eating pieces of reappeared recently and got another chunk taken out of him.

But Beerus is bad at his job and apparently missed some dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure that line is only in the Battle of Gods Special Edition anyway.

Don't see the issue. They were chewed but not eaten. Then they were fed like a bird.

Xenoverse 1 and especially 2 have a pretense of an original story, though, so that adds at least a little bit of incentive if you're a fan of the series and want to see more of it.

The manga is clearly an adaptation of the anime, but also fixes shit, since it has the benefit of hindsight and a single, better writer. Also, you contradicted yourself.

Is the anime canon because it's first, or the manga canon because it's last?

Naw. The last power level ever stated is second form Frieza at 1 million. The only later power level ever mentioned is Frieza estimating that with some training he'll get to 1.3 million. Given that he stopped training on his own pace and went to fight Goku when he felt he was ready, it's reasonable to think that he got to about his own estimate. Even if we say it was a low estimate, that's a big fucking difference between 1.3 million and the made up number you posted of 30 billion for Kid Buu, who is way fucking weaker than the level at which Beerus fought Goku, let alone the level Golden Frieza got to.

Yes Gohan was the most powerful non-fused character, but your numbers are retarded.

I recently watched the entire anime including the movies, GT, Super, and OVAs. The trick is to be really autistic and good at overlooking or filling in minor plot holes. Or just read the manga, which really doesn't have any plotholes and is a much more consistent deal.

Says the >(4) who has contributed fuck all to the thread :^)

I think the 1.3 million was just toriyama mistaking Freeza's 500k in his first form as his max, but you're right about the fan numbers being too damn high. Would you say Xenoverse is worth pirating, or is the fanservicy story and pre-battle banter the only good part?

See alright, the super anime is written by a bunch of no names at toei with as much skill in writing as their animators have care for animation so when they write something they're probobly forced to make every episode hold off an element till the next one, Seriously super will have the end of episodes being it's cliff hanger in it's preview as a main point
Meanwhile the Super manga interpretation is made by the AF manga dude who's like a super DB autist, he's going to be the one who gets all the more interesting versions because he's the one who actually loved the franchise.
No Toriyama gives both the manga dude and Toei individually an outline of the events and they fill the gaps. They both adapt a line of events given to them but then they split from there.
Major changes include Blue essentially being Super Saiyan god 2 and pure blue being 3 and hit's ability to skip time is made into a technique (that doesn't work on anyone stronger then him)

green text was 4U

You haven't contributed shit other than state your preferences and getting mad at people saying your tastes are shit. What exactly is your point? That you don't like criticism and you act like a baby when confronted about it?

Toriyama works directly with Toyotaro and they exchange plot ideas frequently, to the point that Toriyama named him his successor and Toyotaro has begun doing character designs for the multiverse fighters and gods. The manga is much closer to whatever the senile old man envisions by those merits alone.

To engage in banter and watch you shit the bed as you stubbornly refuse to stop down boating out of autistic principal.
Oh I am laffin'.

You mean you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge you started browsing last week after coming from reddit. You claim you're for "banter" yet all you've done is prove my insults right by being an idiot.
That's the point I've been making from the beginning. Your mind is so shit you'd laugh at anything.

Alright niggas who would win in a fight, SS4 Gogeta or SSB Vegetto?

The series is way too inconsistent to really say anything about power level comparisons, man. Power levels were introduced to be debunked right away in the manga.
I guess SSB Vegetto.

They had several episodes to recruit people into the tournament which took days plus the hyperbolic time chamber.

Basically, they wanted to force weak characters to be relevant but didn't use something that can actually explain the closing of the gap. And another thing, bringing back Freiza again and again. Why?

Elder Supreme Kai isn't an official position, retard. He is just a former Supreme Kai. His special power came from a Potara fusion with a witch. So no.

DBZ ended with Goku teaching a new generation. DBS made Goku and Vegeta the only ones relevant again.

;_;

I know its not a real position you dipshit, I'm talking about an equivalent loop hole elder who can grant magical power ups. The gowasu comparison was because he's the only other wrinkly kai, which you would have realized if you weren't a spic.

Holy shit he came out of his shell.

I know this has been brought up before but why has that dude never defused?

Which it didn't. They had 40 hours, most of that was used to scramble together participants. Once they had everyone on board there wasn't enough time for the ritual. I also don't think the ritual can be done on more than one person at a time. Elder Kai only made the offer to Goku.

Again, it would have been useless anyway because there would be nothing to stop the other Kai from doing the same thing, which, if they didn't, we'd be complaining about that right now..
Nothing wrong with that.
Except they did. Most of it was explained by "off-screen training" to save time. It's lazy but it was definitely explained.
Why are you asking me? I'd rather have Buu. Or, shit, have both of them on the team.

Feels bad man.

A man of taste.

You're a retard. It isn't impossible that another universe has a Supreme Kai that fused with a witch with special powers but that is a pretty stupid coincidence.

Potara fusion are supposed to be permanent. In DBS, it is specifically permanent for Supreme Kais and he is against wasting the Potara's power. In DBZ, he was against the Namekians altering their Dragon Balls to have multiple resurrection. Also, he was stuck in the Z sword for a while.

I agree with every point except this. They really explore the characters that were left behind. Krillin for example developed greatly and his relationship with 18 was explored. I'd like Launch to return though.

Ah right, right. I forgot the Zamasu/Black fusion was only non-permanent because Zamasu was not yet a supreme kai. I'd make the argument that Elder Kai technically shouldn't be supreme kai anymore, but he technically never passed it on so the opposite argument could be made.

Are you still upset about our interaction, kid?
If you're such a baby then stay away from the internet.

I can forgive Gohan shit. But i can never forgive what they did to mai in dbs. I used to furiously fap on her doujins.

Please tell me you're only pretending to be this autistic and your mother wasn't 40 when she had you.

His position as Supreme kai expired while he was in the sword, making the real question what happens to a god of destruction if their counterpart is incapacitated? Beerus was the one who sealed him, so he had to have known of any potential side effects.

At this point I want to see how much of a self-imposed rulecuck you are and how many chain-sages I can force out of you. Also
Says the man who was speaking from such a lofty position just a few posts ago. What's wrong, too rustled to flip through the thesaurus fast enough now?

the only people who like super are actual fucking children or nostalgiafags trying to relive their childhood

This is probably the main case. There's so much fanservise in it.

PS: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is still the best DBZ game to my knowledge.

From what I've read, it looks like there can be multiple Supreme Kais in any given universe. U7 had 5 with Grand Supreme Kai ruling over the other 4. It also looks like Elder Supreme Kai got sealed away after pissing off Beerus.

If the other universes are similar, that would mean that all Supreme Kai in a given universe need to be killed. If they only have one, then the god of destruction dies quickly.

He's still a Supreme Kai, but not the Chief Supreme Kai. The only way for him to stop being a supreme kai is to erase him. King Kai still retained his position after Cell blew him up.

She was better in DB as a villain.

Potara fusion got retconned in dbs to only be permanent for kais. Shin got defused by using the dragon balls.

Is there a reason why the supreme kais that buu killed never came back with halos? I know the ones he absorbed just got absorbed and weren't necessarily killed. King Kai got a halo when he died, so why didn't they?

To be honest, Dragon ball was always shit. Even during times of DBZ there were superior mangas and animes that did the same shit DBZ does, but better.

I need Hokuto no Ken Super in my life though.

So how many of you faggots wanted to fuck freeza?

That's because shonen is largely shit.

Too many spics on this board

Both Xenoverses are objectively kinda shitty, but 2 is really addictive regardless. Play it if you need a Dragon Ball game and already played BT3 (an actual good game) too much.

Skip Xenoverse 1. Just watch the cutscenes somewhere. It's pretty bad, and pointless, since Xenoverse 2 is the same thing but not as shitty. They fixed some of the flaws. Not that many, not even most of them, but it is better, and it has more content. Don't forget to pirate all the DLC as well.

And yes, I am watching Super. Pretty fucking shitty, but there were a few cool parts. The Buu fight and that Golden Freeza transformation were the coolest shit in the whole thing. The Hit fight was cool as well, even though the Kaioken coming back was dumb. Still cool.

No reason to play 2 over 3. 3 is the same game, but with a lot more stuff. At least as far as I remember. Haven't played 2 since before they made 3.

They are fucking fantastic, though. Actually captured the feel of the series really well. It's as close to playing the anime as you can get. Xenoverse failed to do that. Not having 1v1 fights made that impossible, really.

The game is already designed to leave you outnumbered (the friendly AI is useless, and the enemy AI randomly targets you while you're fighting someone else). There is no way that it could actually resemble the anime and the manga, since they are all about one-on-one fighting and beam struggles and shit.

Well as we've seen with Kaio, one of those guys dying once doesn't really make a difference to them. They'd just keep fighting Buu, so Buu must have killed them twice, in which case they cease to exist entirely.

Except shonen means what was published in magazines oriented for teen boys. It doesn't mean the genre of manga. Things like Jojo, Hokuto no Ken and City Hunter are still shounen, even if may be considered seinen by people with little knowledge. Its just in times before they didn't censored blood, sex themes and dismemberment. Now they do.
If hokuto no ken was published in a porn magazine, it would be seinen.

Close.

But it does have 1v1 fights. It's not the majority of the game, but it's there. You can also do 1v1 local multiplayer, which works surprisingly well.

2 has better singleplayer campaign consisting of more fights and close writing and lenght of the original manga. 3's campaign is much shorter and simplified.
You can complete BT2's campaign and then switch to BT3 though.

I don't remember that. But if it's an excuse to play these more, then I'll take it. I played BT3 for many hundreds of hours since it came out.

Yes, 2 covered basically every fight, but every single battle is just duel mode with a line of dialog before and after.
3 had dramatically fewer fights, but each one dynamically altered the battle as it progressed to match the plot. Quality over quantity. Video not related.

BT3 had some cool what-if and movie fights as well. Again, I can't remember, but I think BT2 didn't have that. Of course, doing that is always easier when you have a fuckton of characters in the game, and BT3 has a lot of characters.

Dragon Ball has always been cheese. Though each series/arcs has had its own themes. Dragon Ball was wacky and silly with touches of intense fight scenes. Z was non stop, over the top, power bullshiting episodes. Super meshes the 2 previous while somehow still keeping its own identity with being more slice of life. Hell, I even believe Super has Goku breaking even or straight up losing his fights more often than winning. I also believe too many anons believe believe Z had no contradiction or never pulled bullshit power leveling every fucking arc.

That sucks. You'd think they'd at least try to fuck off once they died once. However, Buu did trap that female supreme kai in the ice when he killed her, so she probably wasn't able to move for the second blast. It would probably be really hard to run from Buu as well considering he can teleport huge distances like he did after blowing up the Earth.

Isn't that just Goku with his hair black but spiky and his shirt ripped I mean wouldn't that still be a recolor but his shirt came off because of his xbox muscles

There was some text that goes with that image and it was something about his back tinges being noticeable. Considering they made a big deal about back tinges letting you go super, it more than likely means that Goku is going to get a stronger form during this tournament.

Looks like they really did Future Gohan justice in DBX2. I'll have to get it at some point.

Pedo behavior is ok when it is girl on boy (and don't give me that crap about Mai being a child again, she was still mentally an adult, so it is totally a lady sort of going with a boy)

Yeah I hate Mai in DBS as well.

Cry me a river, squeaker. Go look it up if you even know how to read, you dumb nog

It tries to mesh the two but fails. Z started falling apart after Freiza and it did pull bullshit power leveling, but it never got truly bad until the Buu arc and even then it stayed relatively consistent despite the constant retcons (aka you didn't see shit like Krillin fucking up Kid Buu)

"Power levels" don't fucking exist in Super. You go from Beerus being some insurmountable goal with unstoppable God Ki, then Goku and Vegeta obtain that power and suddenly every old villain can reach that level by doing situps for a few weeks. The fact that Goku can go from base to SSJ to Blueper Saiyan all in the same fight and have it make virtually no difference is just hilarious. Strength is purely decided by the writer's current whim. Watching Vegeta show Cabba how to go SSj and him just learning it on the spot, then him showing it to the girl and her getting it first try then accidentally going SSj2 was just lulzy. They took the BS with Goten and Trunks and just cranked it up to 11. Whatever the non-broly chick's name is went through nine major arcs worth of powerups in half an episode. The user earlier is right, Dragon Ball Super has fucking bethesda-tier level scaling tied to Goku.

Those fucking abbrevations, man.

I had a question to ask, do you need to complete Xenoverse 1 before playing Xenoverse 2?

Super. GT had decent music and decent animation and it didn't go on for fucking ever

The only old villain to do that was Frieza and Android 17, with 18 getting strong but not quite that strong. Piccolo seems to be stronger than 18 but weaker than 17, but Piccolo has always been shown to train practically all the time.

The new villains that are on Goku's current level are because he's the greatest hero in his universe and now fighting the greatest heroes from other universes.

The mistake is thinking that every member of the opposing teams are as strong as Goku and Vegeta, but it's perfectly possible that the distribution in other universes is similar. That you have four to six guys who are absurdly strong, and that the next four or five strongest are all much, much weaker.

The other old characters getting to be on the team doesn't mean they're anywhere near as strong as Goku, it just means they got stronger than anyone on Namek or Frieza's army, who are the strongest mortals shown in the series aside from the main protagonists.

Frieza's army got weaker overall since the Frieza Saga, and it's worth noting that the soldiers seen on Namek were Frieza's top forces at the time, with a few being stronger than Saiyan Saga Vegeta, but most not being stronger than him.

There weren't many Warrior Type Nameks left at all, then the strongest one, Nail, got fused with Piccolo. Maybe there are new ones created, but we were never given any indication that that is the case, and we were definitely never given any indication that any got as strong as Nail.

Every member of the team has long been stronger than anyone in the Namek Saga, except perhaps Tenshinhan and Krillin, who we simply don't see fight as often after that arc. But they did train for three years for the Androids. It's reasonable to think they were already stronger than all Nameks and Frieza soldiers by the time the Androids showed up, and if not, Tenshinhan never stopped training at all, and they made a point of saying Krillin got back into training quite a while before the tournament.

Now the exception to everything above is Roshi, who, without retcons, certainly shouldn't be anywhere near as strong as a Freiza soldier. But then that gets handwaved away with "lol he was secretly training the whole time," and saying he's good at inventing and using crazy techniques. Personally I still say it's dumb that he's a better choice than Goten and Trunks, but whatever. They at least tried to justify it.

Anyway, the baseball episode of Super is the best piece of Dragon Ball media since Goku and Piccolo learned to drive.

The manga version of the Zamas arc fixes some major things, but the ending is pretty much the same.

Xenoverse can still happen in the future of Super. Frankly, figuring that it does makes Future Trunks's ending much more palatable. Like maybe yet another timeline being created because of him is what causes the Supreme Kai of Time to come after him.

Because since Kami Ki and above its impossible to sense the power level, isn't it?

If you have God Ki you can sense God Ki. But "Levels" don't exist because Scouters haven't been used since before Goku fought Frieza. The closest it ever gets after that is Frieza estimating his own future power level when he gets revived. Power levels have always been a Frieza thing, and even then, they only existed to make it sound more impressive when Goku beat the bad guys with high numbers.

It's gonna be Mystic Goku. Gohan will briefly outshine Goku with his new custom ultimate form and then Goku will ape it and do it better.

"Mystic Gohan" isn't a real form. It's just that Old Kai unlocked a bunch of his potential so he didn't need to go Super Saiyan to stomp Buu. He was at his max level without going Super Saiyan. But apparently with more training he could go even past that. Which Goku has already done by learning to use God Ki.

I think it would be easier just to say no form of consistency exists. Dragon Ball Z got bad with it, but Super throws everything out the window often seeming to forget what happened just a couple episodes earlier.

Hey kids. Remember Dragon Ball After Future?
Remember autistic amount of HAIR?

The fight sequences look like shit. Step it up, user.

I brought this up in an old thread and some user had a pretty good response to that and when Guru unlocked Gohan and Krilin's hidden power. It was assumed that the person that does the unlocking is limited by their own power. Guru wasn't that strong, so he was only able to give them a small boost. Of course, that may have been all of their potential that he was able to detect. The same went for Elder Kai. He's pretty strong in comparison to Guru, but he's pretty weak when compared to the saiyans. He probably was only able to unlock so much of Gohan's potential, which may have been all that he is able to detect.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part. I don't know if Toriyama, Toyotaro or Toei have ever explained it.

Only if you want to have a character you made yourself as the veteran hero in the story, but you also get a bunch of shit depending on how much you unlocked in the first game. What the character you port over is wearing and what skills it had on it will be brought over with it, you get a bunch of time patrol medals depending on anything not equipped that the save had.

/a/

I fucking hate how illogical this Trunks future shit is.

It always happens.

that's a nice fake. right?

Is it possible to still find AF in this day and age? I remember seeing it a long time ago and people saying it was legit canon. Last time I looked I couldn't find anything or maybe I searched like shit.

What exactly was inconsistent about powerlevels in Z?

You people keep saying this shit but never state what the fuck the issues were.

Fixed. DragonBall and shonen shit is for kids.

Jojo and HnK have since been reclassified as seinen

So DragonBalls target audience since 1984.

Said the fags bitching and moaning this kids show about fighting and aliens in 2017 isn't like the kids show about fighting and aliens from 1989.

To be fair, Old Kai never claimed he was unlocking all of Gohan's potential, he just said that Gohan was now so strong he wouldn't need to go Super Saiyan anymore. And he was right, Gohan was way, way stronger than anybody. Then he got absorbed.

The Goku that Black killed is the one from his own timeline. But then he went to Trunks's timeline because Trunks is the insolent ningen who keeps time traveling. That is one of the few parts that almost makes sense.

Black killed all the Kaioshin in that timeline, so all the Gods of Destruction were also dead and the Angels deactivated. Then he moved on to Trunks's timeline.

That's because there are none. Not even in Super. Only Super does do a lot of "I trained really hard recently" to justify characters being more believable as the top guys in the universe, but even then it never says they're actually close to Goku, except 17.

Time travel is a hell of a drug my dude.
It makes sense but only if you can put it up on a fucking chart to follow it

So was this any good?

No, definitely not.
I was able to stomach it on the Vita because it has very short missions and the console literally has no other dragon ball game on offer, but on a home console it would be absolute dogshit. The game mechanics aren't satisfying or really very fun, it has some stupid card based upgrade system which boils down to "put the bigger number card on", and a team based system which doesn't really make much sense (characters like Trunks and Yamcha are put into "support" for some reason and they can heal you).It doesn't feel like Dragon Ball at all.
user is also wrong, it only covers up to the Battle of Gods movie. I suppose that's one plus about it, it has a fairly big selection of characters. But unlocking them is suffering. The reason I enjoyed Xenoverse as much as I did was because it felt like a masterpiece next to this one. I still think the XV series is fun and I've sunk 300 hours into XV2 so far

I forget the name of the game in question, but Battle of Z is a shitty clone of another game Namco released that features mechs, which was already meant to be a super casual ripoff of Gundam Versions. Rather than localize it, they just slapped DBZ shit on it, dumbed it down further, and gave us that in the west.

Super is worse. A lot worse.
It's like a parody of DBZ.
Only contrarians say they like it.
Also there is a new virtue-signaling liberal group of people that started to like it because it has female saiyans…

Dude, please watch GT again. Please do it.
This shit with Super is like Zelda fandom revisionism tier.

I really liked Beerus arc, Freeza ressurection arc and Zamasu arc. But right after that its all poorly designed garbage.

/a/ mod is a huge cunt. He literally just deleted my post about female saiyans, he's probably a feminist i suppose.

shit taste

GT was bad in execution but it had better ideas than Super. Super is also bad in execution but it is a shitter version of DBZ with SSJG replacing SSJ and SSJB replacing SSJ2.

Well i didn't like any of it. The basic ideas were good in the beginning but the execution by Toei was terrrible. Now it's just cringe and suffering.

It's shitty fan service and advertisement for merchandise. That's the reason DBS exists in the first place.

I don't care that you like it and want to defend it. Super is shit. Contrarian faggots like you are the cancer of the fanbase.

Saiyans are all vegetables in a vegetable planet

I discovered /a/ has a robot that scans your posts and deletes them with a ban right away if you post a restricted word. I had no cause to discover this until it happened to me (who the fuck reads the "rules" sticky unless you are new to imageboards?) I tried to end my post with the "tbh m8" meme only to discover that "tbh" is a bannable word scanned by the robot. You may have been banned under similar circumstances.

The only good idea GT had was the idea of the dragon ball abuse actually having consequences. The premise of Goku being a kid again was dumb and kind of pointless as well since he just did the same shit, SSJ4 is a messy and visually busy design which doesn't fit the aesthetics at all (the eyeliner is the icing on the joke cake), Super 17 was a dumb fanfiction idea, Baby was a dumb idea, the Black Star Dragon Balls were a dumb idea, supporting cast was shit and the series absolutely shat all over Vegeta from start to finish. The tone of the show was also all wrong, it was edgy rather than goofy like DB-Z were, and it was not entertaining to watch.

The contrarian is the one that hates the new thing and likes the old dogshit thing you fucking retard. Clean your fucking brain out with bleach.

This just in: water is wet
More news at 11

You say that as if this exclusive to universe 6.

When shit taste is popular, your shit taste stops being contrarian.
And the idea that Saiyans weren't just "big humans with hair stuff"

Talking about it, every intellectual life form is "ningen" now.

This reminds me of those nigs who claim Other M is good and only tumblrinas dislike it.

That's one of the things I didn't like about Super. That veiled promotion of pedophilia.

and the fact Mutenroshi no longer nosebleeds, his nose just becomes some kind of pressure cooker

You fuckers don't deserve them.

Cat is humanoid enough
Rabbit crosses the line into furry because of the face

dragon ball games are all shit

I mentioned them last thread faget.

You just now realize this?

Please don't tell us you're just now noticing every Dragon Ball character name is a pun or a reference. The Ginyu Force is named after dairy products.

The ginyu force isn't as obvious because most of them use japanese words in the puns.

because there was no God of Destruction in that time line. Basically no one was watching Trunk's timeline universe 7 so Black had free range.

Fucking throwing more timelines would have made that even more of a cluster fuck, but that is a good point. From how they where leading on, going into other timelines basically make you untrackable at that point. Whis only was able to do anything about it because he knew it would happen/already happend/"made it happen?".

I appealed the attempt but future Trunks was just a bag of worms in general. At the very least they at least settled with it being its own multiverse. So shit always stay set. Going back to "save someone" still won't save that person, you would be saving iteration #999125 or something.

Only Ginyu's name is actually based on a Japanese word (Gyunyu, milk), the rest are just transliterations of English words, messed with just a little bit to make them puns, then clumsily returned back to English for the dub.

Bulma's family is named after underwear
Gods of Destruction and the angels are named after alcoholic drinks
King Piccolo's minions are named after musical instruments

kill yourself Toriyamafag

I also get katamari vibes from this little faggot.

There are lots of mods for Xenoverse 2 that add stuff from DBS:
xenoversemods.com/mods/?view=tiles&sort=downloads&time=&category=xenoverse-2
You can even get SSB transformations for CAC, Freeza style transformation for Freezer race, Jiren "The Grey", Caulifla, Toppo, Calli, Bergamo the Crusher and many others

There's also joke mods.

Watch your mouth son

is there the bunny girl yet?

just realized that Jiren is a bit off, since we now know he has ridiculous anime eyes instead of solid black ayy eyes.

Yes. And even more.

I'm actually hoping the twist is that Jiren is just really socially anxious and shy which is why he doesn't talk very much and wants to be alone.
If he's just an edgelord that's kind of boring.

modders are my heroes… most of the time.

They did make a point about Toppo being the captain instead of Jiren even though he was stronger. Dont expect anything from the DBS writing though, its gone so far into fanfiction tier bullshit. He will probably be an edgelord and have a sadistic side or something that only comes out when fighting strong opponents

Gohan is captain of the U7 team despite being weaker than Goku.

They wouldn't make a goodguy character an edgelord. They'll just have Jiren be assmad at Goku for currently being the worst evil all of existence.

No user. Pulling a frame from a moving image is the easy way to make something look bad because those are intentionally less detailed to save time and money since all most see is a blur. If you want something to show Super is bad, try pic related. This image sat still for a full fucking minute while a monologue happened.

Only thing they did right.

Also
I agree that animation is shit, but other than that the stories are no better or worse than what Z gave.

Kakarot is carrot

Kakacarrotcake

wew

What a game.

I'm so glad they fixed the most blatant issues in 2. Power armor can suck my dick.
There's really no reason to play the first game anymore to be honest.

Stock hero statues suck, its always better to have your character instead up there. Also story is continuation of the first, even if its simple.

Sure, but if you haven't played it at this point it's really not worth the hassle just for the statue in my opinion. The story itself may as well be copy/pasted. You really don't miss much if you skip straight to 2.

Fun fact - dragon ball super is closer to original journey to the west than any of other dragon ball series, except for beginning of original dragon ball.
Whole story of journey to the west was based around "lowly mortal" fighting gods one after another. Super is just bringing the original meaning of the novel to the series.

But Journey to the West sucked

Explain your statement.

A09QH70B3A6TB8VD
Code for a G0yim on 3DS

Paid promotional shills. I'm serious, that's the only way I can imagine anyone defending such garbage.

Xenoverse, Fusions, and a couple of other games contain content from Super. I think Xenoverse 2 has the most though.

No. I'm not watching Super because it's hot trash.

Well you can't prove him wrong with arguments like that.

Maybe if all you DBS "fans" weren't so obvious with your damage control I wouldn't believe that.

DBS is shit and all I want is hardcore yuri between buff Caulifla and Broly Kale.

If you want to get into Dragon Ball Super, would it be wise to just start at the Zamasu arc?

What do you watch?
Exclusively moeshit?
That's what seems to be the taste of anybody who bitches about shonen when you press them enough.

They arent happy unless whatever they are watching is exclusively girl characters.

I'd skip it.

I just want more DB shit, GT wasn't enough to sate my hunger for more.

I havent watched the movies but apparently the arcs were just rehashes of those so probably

The Universe 6 Tournament arc is right after Golden Frieza and before Zamasu, might want to watch that first as an introduction to certain bits of info important to the Zamasu arc.

Fanfictions of similar quality have existed for quite a while, or are you seriously implying there is anything authentic about DBS other than Toriyama's greed attaching his branding to it?

Most fanfictions are fucking trash made by power level autists and literal retards like that user trying to argue that the movies really do fit into canon based on some mental gymnastics. I fucking hate Toei and how they had the anime use that bullshit clean art style instead of the old cel shaded art that they thankfully returned to.

If he was so greedy he wouldn't have let there be a 20 year gap between GT and Super.

Where the fuck did these normalfags come from?

I assumed the rabbit was a trap.

Rabbit was indeed a girl, not that it matters anymore.

So what was it? Did a dragonball fan bully you growing up or something?

There is a special place in hell for you.

Future Mai > Loli Mai

Where the fuck are you faggots extrapolating that DBS is promoting pedophilia by making Mai a little girl is what's retarded. Not to mention Mai wasn't a shining beacon of personality in original DragonBall to begin with. At least her future self has some characterization.

You faggots are taking this children's show way too seriously.

Who?

I never had the patience to read once the actual Journey starts, but nigger, the prologue stuff with Sun Wukong wrecking shit everywhere is amazing.

Anyway I watched Super a bit when it started, jumped back now with the current arc as the idea seemed fun and I liked a few of the designs, plus the promise of Muten Roshi having cool moments. DB is great, DBZ is shit, DBGT is even shittier. I don't care if DBS is shit, everything after DB has been shit anyways, so I only demand it be amusing or entertaining, which so far it has been on what I've bothered to watch.

The Future Trunks Saga was amusing if you view it as them taking a massive piss out of power level autism and donut steel faggotry.

what the shit? where did the modding community come from?

It's dragon ball, what do you think. Mexico alone has a big enough community

Then why doesn't the Ultimate Ninja Storm games have any decent modding communities? I mean, they EXIST, but it's not as huge.

The best part is Zamasu and Goku Black living together in a scenic log cabin and spending their downtime drinking tea on the patio

Well the only person that he could truly trust was himself after all.

No idea, I would guess they would have comparable modding capabilities. Maybe the naruto fanbase is just that bad

See to understand how little of an effort or fuck they gave about this. It's just plain bad.

Supposedly this image spoils Goku's next transformation, in a similar vein to how ss god was originally leaked. I'm calling bullshit, its just a printing error. Direct linking instead of uploading it myself because saiyan island is run by incompetent fucks who use an unsupported file type.
saiyanisland.com/2017/08/dragon-ball-super-new-image-of-gokus-new-transformation-partially-leaked/

I'm that retard. It's not that they really do fit. Just that they're more fun if you pretend they do and watch them in the right order, as if they were short filler arcs. I'm playing devil's advocate here.

The gap between GT and Super is only like eight or nine years at this point. I'm pretty sure GT is only like five years after the end of Z, and Super is almost caught up to the end of Z.

i can bet 100 bucks that Goku will not have a new transformation, the SSJBlue +Kaioken was always bullshit in the first place but atleast it had the duration downtime, they are prob gona make it so Goku "mastered" Kaioken in SSJBlue allowing him to fight much longer

The image that shows Goku's back all messed up and tense is similar to original Kaioken usage vs Vegeta in Saiyan Saga and this will be just that, Mastered Kaioken state in SSJBlue

Also top kek at those Toriyama Internet Defence Force faggots, Toei is bad but nobody forced Toriyama to make those 2 shit movies and create DBShit, he even said it in interview 2 years ago that he needed money and more importantly fame because in Japan's culture money alone is not enough, money + fame is the winning formula.

I don't keep up with autism interviews since the guy actively still does jobs anyways, care to post the link?

There are several google searches, if you have time to waste just read the long interviews, ironically Toei is marketing DBS to Narutofans and thats why DBS exploded in popularity on youtube especially on youtubers who were making Naruto videos before like Sawyer7mage, ExperGamez and Forneverworld

I can't find anything on kanzenshuu, just Toyotarou jerking himself off. You're gonna have to post a source if you want to show proof.

I did see that people that read Jump back a few decades ago still had shit taste like today though.

There's more to that panel

You're a faggot.

Also, BoG was not shit, RoF was only shit because Toei clearly stepped away from his idea of having Vegeta be the main character, and DBS is clearly more of Toei's idea for shekels than Toriyama's.
I don't know why you fags want to blame him for everything so much. The series has always been better when it's his own input rather than Toei's or his editors, and he's clearly so sick of the series that he's barely even creating the designs for the characters anymore. I don't think he's even creating rough outlines of the episodes anymore. Judging by what they have released, it seems like he's slowly pushing the series more toward Toyotaro to deal with. It makes sense, given he's 62 and probably hoping to retire.

BACK TINGLES…. ARE GETTING STRONGER

Don't do this to me, user.

Why people watch this crap is beyond me.
Actually, anything Superfags do is beyond me. They'll relentlessly shit on Toriyama as if he personally pissed on every episode and made them drink it, but they'll defend Toei's terrible animation, the horrible writing and designs that aren't Toriyama's (and you can tell aren't because either Toyotaro's name is attached to them or it's romance-related, something Toriyama always hated), and will throw fucking tantrums if you say how terrible Super is.
Then again, these are the same faggots who watch the series for the flashiness and will tell you how GT isn't canon but turn around and say Super is, so I shouldn't expect much.

The manga far improves the trash that is the anime. It's not perfect but it's a better step.

Except there will be inevitable "fallen angels" arc featuring this cunt, and Goku to help Zen-oh sama will have to go beyong SSJBlue. Into SSJB2, and then SSJB3 which will be literally SSJ3 blue recolor.
This pattern is the most easy to see happening soon. Because its all reminds me of bleach shit with soul king.

Krabbypatty.

Too bad he became a beta faggot that's almost as bad as future Trunks. It's actually pretty good since it reflects (probably unintentionally) what happens in real life to children that don't have a father to raise them.

Fuck it gets me every single time.

The entire thing is so fucking retarded, but it works. Maybe because it follows what happens pretty accurately.

Talking about dragon ball super. Its mahou shoujo episode today.

17 is probably going to job next episode since he was in the running for MVP today. Also

Goten and Trunks should be about 14 and 15 now. Goku looked that young when he was 14. It checks out.

Vegeta being the main character would have been an interesting departure from the norm, and the basic structure of RoF would allow it: Freeza's new form allows him to stomp Goku flat, but he wasn't expecting Vegeta to jump in tag team style or even be a super saiyan at all. I suspect that his golden form's poor stamina was shoe-horned in once people complained that Goku losing/being killed wouldn't sit well with fans,thus stealing the focus from Vegeta and making Freeza look out of character and very stupid.

You're thinking about this harder than any of the slant-eyes making Dragonball Super, user. Goku being 14 was just a one-off gag to humiliate Bulma anyway

We have seen what Trunks looks like at 14, user. It was like a real 14-year-old. The only reason Goku was so small was because of DB's style. They should look like Trunks did in History of Trunks.

History of Trunks isn't canon

History of Trunks is a manga chapter, you fucking retard. Why pretend you know what's canon when you haven't even read the manga?
The manga chapter also has none of the problems of the anime, starts out with Gohan having only one arm (assumed to be from the first fight that killed the other) and sparring with SS Trunks, and has more worldbuilding, like no one going above ground because it's dangerous.

BT2 had two extra story modes of Zarbon and Raditz if they became good guys.

Because arguing about what is and isn't canon while having never even looked at the source material is exactly what spics and other assorted shitskins do.

BoG was pure garbage and its not even original since the ritual on how to do Super Saiyan God is just a powerup scene from GT

Vegeta was not a main character and RoF was garbage because the only reason they brought Frieza back is because Toriyama wanted to "repay" the favor to some shitty japanese band because they made a Frieza song

Why you cocksuckers always try to deflect blame from him into someone else even tho he stated multiple times that he did shit because he wanted to not because some boogeyman was forcing him

and yet his own words make your TIDF hilariously stupid since he said that he has to approve every single episodes plot line and he only dislikes poor quality of animations everything else is perfect in DBS according to Toriyama

Highly unlikely since Zeno (retarded design) can wipe out entire universes with just clapping hands, i think DBS is just teasing people with that bullshit to distract them from obvious story arcs (imo they will just do another 2 filler arcs similar to Saiyaman and Goku's Assassin and then pull off some cheesy shit again that takes 30 episodes and is full of plotholes)

Toriyama stated that there wont be SSJB2 or SSJB3, basicly he wanted to remove all other forms and just return to SSJ1 but fan backlash and obvious stupidity of such change made him just do a recolor of SSJ1 with blue hair and blue aura

dragonballinsider.com/2014/05/12/june-2014-saikyo-jump-akira-toriyama-interview/

So no new forms just "mastered" version of SSJBlue or for Goku Kaioken + SSJBlue

Double post.

You forgot something:

Honestly i think that was the idea but it has become too predictable and they prob changed it to something like Hit, Goku and Jiren being the last and they all refuse to knock each other out and after time runs out Zeno restores all universes and Grand Priest has some cheesy speech about sportmanship and friendship bla bla bla

Also why the fuck is Goku getting more retarded with each passing arc in DBS, does he have brain cancer or something?

He's not dumb. He's just a fighting maniac who doesn't care about consiquiences. It was like that since Beerus arc.

he is too dumb and carefree in DBS, they turned him into a Down Syndrome guy with superman powers

You guys do realise that if you want to talk just the Anime and not the video games related to the anime you can go do that on /a/ or Holla Forums, right?

He literally has childhood braindamage, user. If anything DBS is keeping Goku more in line with his original character.

While you're right in that senile tori did say he doesn't want another form, you cannot expect him to have the dignity or resolve to keep to his word, especially when his entire manga career consists of him bending to the will of his editor and bandai.

As for accusations of TIDF, both toei and toriyama are shit, with the latter having such a lax control over the story direction that the head writer for super is actually bragging about his own headcanons on twitter and indulging in power level faggotry at that.
mobile.twitter.com/toshio916/status/870811246722928640
imgur.com/Oy8a7yf
Fucker can't even keep his own ideas straight, which is why super changes tone for a bit only to snap back tot he status que immediately after, like that shot of Goku looking evil after fighting Topopo.

He doesnt bend he is simply senile old fuck who does things because he is senile and stupid like forgetting Lunch exists in entire DBZ or forgetting some key elements that cause shitload of plotholes.

Toriyama still has to greenlight it so yes Toriyama has the final word

Toriyama itself doesnt really know what to do next anyway so he is putting stupid shit and teasing viewers only to dissapoint them later on, remember how he teased people to think Goku Black was actually something like alternate-alternate future Goten then 2 episodes later to reveal that Zamasu simply stole Goku's body out of some stupid reason.

Sad thing is that directly conflicts with his character in Z several times in both the Frieza and Cell arc. Hell, he was hoping Vegeta would kill Cell before Gohan and himself were even done training.

Of course, it's hard to care much about consistency and character development in a show that actively forgets both things frequently. There's really not even a canon at this point as there's 4 universes running alongside one another.

If I'm not mistaken, Toriyama wrote that out of Super canon with his own take on the Bardock origin.

I recall a toyotaro interview stating that toriyama just writes the general outline, and then toei and toyotaro build their own interpretations from that. That still puts a large amount of blame on toriyama for not being more detailed in his outlines and not keeping a tighter grip on toei's bullshit. Being 60 is no excuses, especially when he was the one who started all this bullshit with BoG in the first place. Is he so senile he flat out forgot he was sick of the series?

I remember that bit in the cell saga, but when did he act like that during Freeza's arc?

This already happened in the manga, so it probably won't be a big factor in the tournament arc, because it's not like the manga can do it again. Maybe they'll do it in the anime, but it won't be in a major way.

Goku has finally become a god, but he is growing too powerful and becoming a bored god. When nothing is a challenge to him, he lacks the motivation to care about anything. When life lacks challenge for him, he lacks the motivation to care about life. Goku has moved beyond concepts like life and death, good and evil. All that matters is the fight, and if there is nobody in the multiverse that can provide a fight, then there is no point in the multiverse continuing to exist.

Goku still cared then because those guys were actually way better than him, which excited him. If Gohan or Vegeta beat them, it would only mean that Gohan or Vegeta became an even better opponent for him. But now Goku knows he's in the upper echelons of all beings who have ever existed in the multiverse. He's running out of opponents who can ever hope to match him.

No. Dragon Ball Minus was a one shot about Bardock that was very different from the anime special, but everything about Goku landing on earth and Gohan raising him was in the manga, it was not contradicted. Bardock was always filler, but Toriyama kinda liked it and referenced it. Goku's origin was never filler.

He didn't. Once he showed up, everyone on Namek was terribly outclassed and he was their only hope. But in the Cell and Buu arcs he wanted his kids to take over and save the day, since he thought he didn't have a chance of beating Cell within the time limit given, and that, as a dead guy, he should make sure there are some living heroes left to protect the universe. But then he came back to life, and it turned out his kids were gigantic fuckups, so he gave up on that. He wanted to stay dead before because he felt he attracted supervillains to earth, but then he changed his mind when it turned out that, despite his best efforts to train others, he was the only one who could beat Buu.

By the time he meets Uub and wants to train him, it's not to make him Earth's next hero, it's to train him into someone who will give Goku a challenging fight. And this is the motivation that Super gives him, even in ridiculous circumstances.

Buu and Frezia ran around destroying planets. Make sense why there is so few species.