StarCraft Remastered

Was StarCraft2 such a FAILURE that Blizz needed to re-make SC1 with HD graphics and stereo sound?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hatpIH-DOI
youtube.com/watch?v=iM2YFTVZig8
youtube.com/watch?v=vU-_SW0OQc4
us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/22814089/
twitch.tv/starcraft
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9F-AZezCU
starcraft.com/en-us/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was financially successful, but gooks still played 1

They tried to make SC2 'e-sport' centric; you know how well these things turned out when' e-sport' is being 'pushed' rather than naturally born from fans passion. They cannot balance the game for shit, they cannot make it fun for shit, even the most diehard gooks hate it and went back to Brood War altogether. Single-player was fun enough, though really easy.

And since all talents have gone for a greener pasture, Blizzard is left with blue-haired pandasexual liberal hacks who cannot work to save their skin. So yeah, they hired a pro modder to remake SC1 and resell that shit for shekels.

They're still milking SC2 and this is just fucking nostalgia baiting for people to get back, Heroes of the Storm is a fucking trainwreck of a e-sports game, SC2 is all but dead, and the wide variety of ASSFAGGOTS games got the e-sports PC scene looking like a library of shit.

Seems like Capcom is having the same problems with SFV as Blizz is with SC2…

Did they ever make all 3 races campaigns for SC2? I remember not picking it up at release because it only included terrans.

Starcraft is such south korean sports game, even trailers for it are in korean, holy shit. Its like if cs:go trailer was in russian.

I think their problems come from "we want e-sport players and hardcore fans and casual audience and story centered nerds and poor audience and the hipster audience and the fratboys and the retired vietnam war audience and the clown school audience etc".

You cant have all, after all "jack of all trades master of none".

Yeah, they did. Though, to be fair, each campaign is pretty long.

You can just play the multiplayer for free, though

It wasn't a failure, it sold great but its online fell behind in SC1 numbers quickly. SC1 usually had more players and more viewers on tournaments

Not exactly the same problems, SC2 sold more than one million on its launch day, which is probably more than what SFV sold to this day. Blizzard never had any problems with selling games

Did Star Craft 2 ever get finished even? I stopped giving a shit the moment I realized they were doing episodic content at premium prices.

They're patching up WC3 too. There was one big update followed by several minor updates and soon they'll update the map pool and perhaps even fiddle with the balance. They already removed the built-in lag from battle.net. Warcraft 3 got quite popular in China because of the movie and since Blizzard is also patching up Diablo 2 and StarCraft it seems they finally realized the value of their older games.

They did make Zerg and Protoss campaigns. With Kerrigan becoming a god.

Shill detected, also this is the most normalfag trailer I have seen this year.

They really went out of their way with the "we want the gook audience".

It also had Raynor still loving her despite him telling Kerrigan in the first game he was going to kill her by his own hands one day.

Blizzard's expertise has always been getting their games into territories where there's little to no competition and I would wager this has something to do with that.

NANCY Kerrigan kneecapped her rival 20 years ago
Kekekekekekeeeeee

Protoss/Terran/Zerg?

SC2 had a good presentation wasted on shit gameplay. There's some mod that tries as hard as possible to turn SC2 into SC1 with SC1's rules and quirks. I wish they'd just have done that with Legacy of the Void instead of trying to reheat 20 year old graphics.

What if there were more than 3 sides?

Wings of Liberty was good, StarCraft 1 and BW were great. Everything afterward is when nu-blizz went full cancer. Don't touch.
SC1 remastered will be no different. They're retconning the player character so they can promote shitty fucking Artanis, which creates so many plot holes its unbelievable. They're ruining the story because Artanis is more marketable than a player character. Fucking kill me Holla Forums, this is like tearing down a vidya statue.

WoL, HotS and LotV are very much the same garbage. The campaigns are the exact same lore rape and kerrigan fanwank. They just add a bit of spice each time with the raped corpse of fenix, the somehow alive duran, the megnsk kill,the merry poppins dramatic fly away and finally god being sarah. Zerg were never meant to be good guys, sc1 and sc:bw hammered that hard, but sc2 tried to play a different game altogether.
The art direction was shit from the start. What was once normal marines are now carbon copies of space marines with advanced suits and not the old basic suits. Protoss are now flashy armored bodybuilders. They shoved dark templar up the arse of regular protoss so now the shoved Tal'darim into the game. Then they shoved their dicks up the corpse of tassadar.
Then you are going to turn around and say but muh multiplayer was different. Yet at all points in time it has been a dissapointment just of varying magnitudes where some claim that the true bottom of the barrel was HotS, but one has doubt if blizzard has really stopped at the bottom or kept digging.
Oh and the dlc campaigns as the great new addition. Wohoo, not like it's a full priced game or anything.
There was no good iteration of SC2. It's a delusion.

That commercial was obviously pandering to the asian market (Koreans), it borders on being non-sensial because other than the zerg and protoss popping up it has no connection to anything in Starcraft.

Terran campaign ranged from meh to above average. Zerg and Protoss were fucking awful. I don't know the words needed to do justice towards what the epilogue was.

You are 100% right with this one. Nu-blizz will ruin this just like they did Sc2 and all their other newer games. Behold preorder bonus skins.

Haha, yeah! MONETIZED!

To add about the post about skins. Looks at these defeat/victory screens. Some of the campaign art looks okay, but these ones are beyond saving.

Hopefully they don't fuck with Mass Recall because of the remake, otherwise I don't give a fuck.

what is "enhanced narrative"?

(((enhanced)))

Diverse cast and trannies

The Protoss will be revealed to be genderless or to spontaneously shift gender during their mating season. There will be a shock reveal where a Protoss you thought was male is suddenly revealed to be a female in estrus.

I think it just means they're redoing the cinematics/briefings.

that's hot

They put a bunch of jpegs and added some voice lines. Not sure what is wrong with text for story mode, but they are aiming at modern audiences after all.

It doesn't look like much.

So the next in line will be a Warcraft 3 remaster, followed by a Diablo remaster?
Ofc with a new and "improved" aspects to the story, just like they planned with the SC remaster.
Can't have humanity kicking ass in current year+2 obviously.

How can you even conceive of such things?

You know what they should've done? Make everything hand drawn. It'd look way better and not invoke the terrible "sex doll by deviantart" look that the HD version inspires. Or just use the Starcraft 2 engine and import new models into it for fucks sake. They tried pushing the whole "the map editor can anythin" thing before SC2 came out, might as well prove it by remaking the original in it.
My brother told me this is the reason why Blizzard won't release a Diablo II HD anytime soon, since the low resolution hides absolutely tumblr ugly models. So in order to make Diablo II HD you pretty much have to start from scratch.

Jesus Christ what a waste of time that was, haven't played an RTS since. The sad part is the remaster will probably end up being far more popular and end up having a much higher player retention rate to the point that after a few years if not immediately no one will take SC2 seriously, it'll be a side tournament everyone mocks at LANs.

It is nice that cross play between original and remaster exists so there will be no barrier what so ever to get into the game. If there was ever a time for the game to make a major come back this is the time to do it. Its probably the least jew thing Blizzard has ever done. Meanwhile WC3 and D2 still sell for 20 bucks a pop.

These companies are lost. This isn't different from heroes 3 HD or aoe2 remastered. They just can't do decent things anymore, they might fuck it up if they make new models.

What are the odds of them removing the confederate flag?

Comparisons of the portraits, spoiler: it ain't good
youtube.com/watch?v=1hatpIH-DOI
youtube.com/watch?v=iM2YFTVZig8
And for the coup the grâce:
youtube.com/watch?v=vU-_SW0OQc4

Protoss got the worst of it, they look so fucking generic and SC2-ey now.

More voice actors who just happen to be part of some union located in Hollywood.

100%.

The one that looks the least fucked to me with the zerg is the overmind, but that's mostly because it is just an eye attached to some connective tissue. The worst for the zerg is easily Kerrigan.

The new terran ones are mostly fine but zerg lost a lot of charm, and protoss looks terrible. Bad job overall, it doesn't look like they are trying to preserve the 90s feel.

Go tell the forums, they listen do take the feedback into the game sometimes.

Everyone complaining about the zerg losing it's swarm got us the swarmhost.

us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/22814089/

It's worse than I expected, Jesus Christ. Simply uncanny and cheap-looking. And everyone will still eat up this deviantart-tier remaster.

Up to the moment when they open their mouth.
That shit looks simply ridiculous.

Holy fuck, High Templar, Archon and Dark Archon have been completely ruined. HT got it the worst.

I'm sure it's not that b-

WHY

Some look decent, but some zergs lost a lot of the organic element to them. Also why are cerebrates covered in what seems to be a foot of slime? The subtle film they had originally looked better. Terrans look mostly alright, although some models are fucked, with the SCV and Duran being particularly bad. They looked more realistic before. A lot of units lost a lot of mystery, though. I don't know how a graphic designer can't realize that the shadows that covered the ghost, defiler and high templar was what made them look cool.
It predictably fell for the oldest trap in any media: "Let's have MORE, MORE, MORE!"

Why did everyone's head shrink, why are most of the portraits now bouncy, why did they ruin the lighting and concealment effects, why did they zoom almost every portrait out and even uncenter many of them, and why did they just do any of the things they did to Protoss?

rewriting to make sure if fits SC2

examples?

I'd bet Jim's line about killing Kerrigan will be rewritten
Maybe some new lines to make sure Mensk is a ooga booga complete villain with no good qualities

the funniest shit when these people try to push esports they do it horribly wrong.
lets not balance of fix shit for years
lets not listen to the players who have thousands of hours into the game
lets say nothing for months

What kind of moron would pay for this?

Idiots who weren't around to play it the first time or don't have the common sense to just play the originals for one.

Have you actually seen the kind of people who still play Blizzard crap? It's kind of sad really.

they've already got the gook audience, they're just catering to them.

What they decline to mention on this checklist is that "Free" Starcraft starting with the new patches now no longer has legacy OS support for network play because those motherfuckers switched the network TLS stack to push people into a new version of Windows. So a game that worked fine on a particular system for 15 years now no longer works.

Necro is in D3 now as paid dlc; despite the fact that witch doctor thematically replaced the necro

How can you fuck up creating a new model, when the old one is a blurry 19 year old image ?
How can they make jim raynor a different person in every single new thing they do ?

They made Jim into a slav.

jim always looked like a slav tho

He looks like a truck driver. It fits the mech western theme, now he looks like hes about to get a call to go bowling. And in SC2 he looks like an actor trying too hard to look western.

How is dark skin and egg-head slavic ? He looks like a caricature.

For the most part it's a pretty big improvement, aside from the Zerg ones where there isn't that same level of contrast, the characters lose that mysterious look they had in the original, the high templar and Zeratul are the best examples of this.

I meant Protoss ones, and Raynor, Kerrigan looks significantly better though.

twitch.tv/starcraft

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

Casting by Tasteless and Art- I mean some other faggot.

Nu Raynor reminds me of the art you see for cheap Korean phone games.

tfw no cuntboy bf

??????????

I'm a balkan slav too and I call bullshit.

Every other fucking game looks like the art team was made of Blizzard interns.

Then I'll call you a faggot.

Other than the difference in perspective his problem is that he is no longer the slightly gruff manly character he used to be, even in the sequel, he looks like a teenager with mid 20s unshaven beard, it's pretty blatant that all the art has been designed to appeal to Koreans, the women are a dead giveaway.

The art team is definitely professional, it really is the aim to appeal to Korean gamers sensibilities, wouldn't surprise me if the enhanced narrative features just added Korean cultural references and common phrases to the game. Things could have been worse, Starcraft could have been big in Japan and we could be getting anime highschool girls as the core motif.

I will raise you being of a retarded breed then.
Foreheads on non-retards don't look like that here.

For all the height of balance in the game, Brood War has a glaring issue where at one state of the game Protoss has to guess about Zerg's next move and can lose based off that decision, even at the highest level of play.

Sure, whatever you fucking gypsy.

Nice try turkshit. Go be an egg-head somewhere else.

Except turks have wide faces with a block jaw and chin. You sure sound like an imbecile.

Turkshits are a mixture of a gorillion tribes. They are the genetic toilet of the middle east. You can have all sorts of turks.

Well sorry then mister expert. All I need is to be able to identify them, which I can.

Just don't go around throwing facial features as the standard.

They fucked up on so many fronts:

The only ones that look good are:
The goliath (WHICH ACTUALLY LOOKS GREAT), science vessel, scourge, mutalisk

The protoss look like shit, as they redesigned them, the named Terrans are abysmal and the Zerg look utterly generic now.

They even fucked up some of the ingame models, like the sunken colony. It doesn't have any idle animation.
And they fucking added SKINS

Blizzard is utterly incompetent nowadays, it seems every bit of talent was in Blizzard North and that was shut down long ago.
They killed Diablo as their franchise, they killed Starcraft as their franchise. They can't make sequels to these and have any kind of hype for them.
For Diablo 4 and Starcraft 3 to sell they'd actually have to make it good so people get past their initial doubt and distrust.

WoW has been in decline since forever and it'll have to kick the bucket soon. Warcraft 4 is unlikely to happen, they might try a WoW2.
Their only current money makers with decent reception are Overwatch, which they couldn't fuck up since its just a TF2 clone.
And fucking Hearthstone, which they are fucking up since Magic The Gathering has better and more content releases than it, and MTG is fucking physical.
Half the cards Blizzard pumps out are literally useless and you will never see them more than twice no matter how much you play the game. They don't make useless cards useful, since the next expansion is right around the corner! Ensuing 3 months of literally nobody giving a shit about the game until then.

D1 and D2 were made by a different studio (Condor aka Blizzard North aka early ArenaNet) so it's honestly not surprising blizzard fucked that one up, none of the people doing Diablo 3 had worked on the first two.

Where the fuck are you even getting that shit?

Some random russian image. They have their own stereotypes they believe in.

Advisor was one of the changes I liked though even though they took some liberties. The old one looks greasy and uncanny.

I've no idea how they could fuck up Raynor that badly though. The idea that through the whole design process not a single person said "Hey are you sure about this?" astounds me.

What the actual fuck is that gif?

What I mean is what the fuck is it doing on Holla Forums on a starcraft post?

Liberty.

Its a dog fucking a young woman who is on the phone, are you stupid?

Tut tut, my friend, I enjoy a bit of the old zoophilia myself, but there's no reason to be boorish and post extreme sexual material on a blue board or anywhere besides /zoo/, really.

If people weren't so damned obnoxious and abusive with their freedoms, they would be less endangered.

Neither did I.

I guess it was always there.

Mind blown.

Why do you have that on your computer, are you mentally ill?
Spoilers: yes

There is literally nothing wrong with pretty girls getting knotted by large dogs.

There is, however, a lot wrong with Starcraft 2 and Blizzard.

BONJWA

It's none of your business what two adults of different species do in their bedroom. Are you a shitlord or something?

>Hey remember that user who posted a picture of _.
For fuck's sake, it's not like it's tattooed on his forehead or anything. This whole sentiment of "why do you have it saved" is retarded.

Excuse me..?

Surprised they didn't use Jim's SC2 design

Overwatch is declining.
"Pro" players are jumping ship becasue of Blizzards inability to fix even the most mundane shit, let alone balance the game properly it went from a somewhat devent meta with a couple variations to paly, to one strategy that trumps every other, tournaments are losing viewers and sponsors left and right, and apperantly the new Overwatch League will be the deciding factor is it can survive as a major e-sport or die out in due time.
And all of that deespite it having currently the largest dev team behind it compared to other blizz games.

I doubt a WoW 2 would work unless they let people transfer all of their shit from WoW over to it, which could in turn scare away new player.s
I rather suspect some WoDiablo or Starcraft.
Though I doubt that the current Blizzard is capable of pulling something major like that off.

I played the shit out of zerg as a kid, how did I never realize the mutalisk has a lizard for a tongue (that also has it's own tongue)? And also, what the fuck? Reminds of how the big eyes on the Basilisk from Dark Souls aren't it's real eyes.

Star Craft sucked because Blizzard are a bunch of Jews who didn't want another DOTA2 so they ruined the modding scene.

i bought starcraft and brood war. bought wc3 and frozen throne. then i heard starcraft 2 came out and said "why didnt anyone say anything!" bought wings of liberty then i found out cause it's garbage trying to be sold as 3 separate full price games. I don't know who the target market for blizzard is anymore cause it sure ain't old fans of blizzard

and im saying this as someone who bought total warhammer and will probably buy the second one too.

That's just pathetic. There's no reason why OW should need a bigger team than WoW.

I wish they would stop being bitches and just released vanilla and TBC legacy servers without changing anything. They'll never do it though because their ego can't handle the fact that they've ruined their game and a lot of people just want the older versions back. I also suspect that they don't even have the databases for the old versions of WoW anymore.

I hope they never do it because I don't want thousands, maybe even millions who knows, suckered into paying for content over a decade old.

Show's over.

Begone, artfags
Begone, lorefags
Begone, meleefags
Begone, UMSfags
>Make LAN effectively impossible and replace Battlenet 1.0's accessibility, profile-creation, chat features, and cross-platform, IRC-like functionality with an invasive, malformed pile of shit that couldn't even support bots and has little to no open p2p functionality (even though it's all still p2p under the hood).
Begone, what little audience they had remaining.
Sure, (((Blizzard))) made pennies and dimes, but if they wanted something that would endure decades like Starcraft/BW, they should have fucking acted like it.

Yeah, I can agree with you there. The only way I'd go for it is if it was real cheap and a 1 time payment. That'll never ever happen though.

if you watched the animation long enough it would come out and do it lizard tongue thing

BLIZZAAAAAARD

There are already UMS maps that are fucked up by the built-in observer support

Actually it is its ass-end and it is not tounge.

Yeah, it is for the best if it remains a childhood mystery.

They could have fixed this after, what almost 20 years?! I get trying to appease the "hardcore" fan-boys but holy shit, could they have at least fixed this??

Blizzard is literally the China of video game development studios. All of their shit is just a ripoff of something better.

that actually real? if so lol
also, you forgot the one group that'll stay, modern day blizzdrones who suffer all this shit in SC2, D3, OW and WoW on a daily basis without complaint. They will buy the SC Remake and think it's hot shit
Why would they want that? Sure, players might love to play SC1 or D2 (or even D1) for years on end on Battle.net, but this doesn't make Blizz any money (no subscription fees, no new DLC and shit every other week etc). As long as people just buy the game and maybe get a few of the low-effort DLCs, Blizz makes a nice profit and that's all they care about.
Really, I'm surprised they haven't pulled the plug on the old battle.net yet, it's just costing them money at this point without generating any. Something something, entitled gamers, something

why does the Mutalisk have teeth in his anus?

They know.

Also SC2 is shit but how is SC1? I haven't played it since I was a kid.

Maybe the lizard in it's mouth is where the brain is, ever think of that?

There is EVERYTHING wrong with a dog fucking a gal.

I am a real life bonjwa. Sup, comrades.

Tastosis.

Oh wow. Finally seen the guy. I hope Blizzard makes his chamber stationary in StarCraft Remastered.

More like typical Blizzard monster style. Seriously, it's getting harder to tell apart Starcraft aliens from Warcraft monsters from Diablo demons.

Wasn't Tastosis, sadly, we got rused.

REMINDER THAT THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF WE HAD THE FUCKING SC1 SOURCE CODE.

The original starcraft and some of their other games is basically freeware for years.

There is nothing wrong with letting a dog knot you in your fat squishy loose asshole, user. It feels good

I disagree.

I'm convinced that the design choices made in Starcraft were a complete fluke at this point.

no
Starcraft has more sold units than all of Starcraft II WOL, HOTS, and LOTV combined. That doesn't even really factor in Brood War. It was released at the time where sweeping success was an outlier, with a very small relative pool of prospective customers, and as a new IP under the blizzard brand. Fast forward to the modern era in which RTS is starved to death, almost everyone owns a computer to some degree, and the 'unbeatable' record of "The Sims" got fucking demolished by two indie titles.
Starcraft had a long burn. Its burn lasted decades past the life expectancy of the game and that was fueled by the intensely active multiplayer scene that captured the attention of anyone looking for this sort of game.
Off of brand recognition alone, WOL had an insane first few months. It sold gangbusters. We know that; Blizzard cashed out. HOTS and LOTV? Not so much. That's almost entirely due to the way WOL died in the water. It wasn't enduring, and it wasn't worth coming back to for expansion after expansion.
The players who hold on tight to the game are the community that fuel content for new arrivals, that share the game and keep it present in the public view.
Furthermore, the goodwill that people had towards Starcraft and what little's left of Warcraft/WoW was the biggest thing propelling them to the forefront of muh gaming industry, that keeps shitty games like HoTS or Hearthstone popular despite alternatives cropping up everywhere.

What have they made that isn't a bootleg?

So this is why Blizzard (((exchanged))) all those goodies with that Redditor for the source code.

I seriously doubt that was anything but a marketing ploy to get people talking about Starcraft 1 again.

Campaign is neat, a lot of missions have a good deal of challenge to them. Some units like Dragoons can be a bit retarded when it comes to pathfinding but part of the fun was the quirks in the game.

Fun gameplay, exciting plot.

Redditors are pretty fucking retarded so I wouldn't put it past them.

The basic problem with this really is that Starcraft I and Starcraft II have a drastically different art direction.

SC1 was much more gritty and dark. Terran buildings looked as if cobbled together from proverbial scrap, and they were supposed to be those space redneck nomads that move from resource deposit to resource deposit with their mobile bases. Their stuff was ramshackle, to the point that Terran buildings simply catch fire if you smash them enough, and their entire design very heavily drew from the Aliens and Starship Trooper franchise franchise. By Starcraft 2, Terran tech looks incredibly advanced when compared to the often haphazardly built stuff you see in Starcraft 1, and the slow, lumbering feeling you got from Siege Tanks and marines slowly advancing forwards was replaced by fast-moving bio-blobs that would have been raped to death in SC1 due to unit pathfinding.

A second result of "better" unit pathfinding is that Zerg bio-balls now run very smoothly, which detracts from the feral, screeching nature they were supposed to have under the Overmind. You want them to move like a horde of wild animals all drawn towards the same target, not like a school of fish where everything seems in unison. Plus, the Zerg models in SC2 look too clean - too dry, not slimy enough.

Protoss easily underwent the biggest design change. You had SC1 Protoss - this enigmatic Alien race whose facial appearance and motives you, for the most part, could only guess, and then suddenly Protoss turned full noblebright with buildings made of gold and fairy-piss; units that look as if each of them is surrounded by an invisible lighting team, and a skin color that is exclusively purple rather than grey or muddy brown as seen on Artanisis. The original Protoss in many respects shared (and were heavily based on) Warhammer 40k Eldar, and it was good, but nooo, Chris Metzen had to make them into the nice guys complete with several Stupid Evil subfractions.

reddit did this

Some of these actually look alright but holy hell did they phone in the mechanical units. Especially the Protoss ones.

Wew you faggots are being overeactionary again as usual.

This shows that if you don't buy the shittier version the game will be the same but free with the higher resolution showed here.

I'm guessing these are the "improved graphics"
Here
Which look fucking awful.
But the one previously shown look fine other then the shading could be approved so they look more natural where they are at.

The only legit complain I see is this one.
Is this one.

But feel free to bitch and bitch and bitch, I know you've become so accustomed to it you've learned to enjoy it.

Over a decade ago I paid for a game that said it supported Windows XP. I want my fucking money back already.

Fuck you too.

Yeah and if you read my comment you would see out of all the bitching you have the only real complaint.
SC1 should still work on older OS's if my CD's weren't scratched to shit I would of put them up on a site for you to buy off me.

Oh no… I have my old box and the CDs in good condition too. The problem is those fucking bastards pushed into recent patches a new network system and now I can never play with friends on Battle.net again unless I "upgrade" to a newer piece of shit Windows OS. As a bonus, the game has also been totally busted over WINE since that patch.

Is it wrong to expect a service like Battle.net to retain compatibility with the game's listed operating systems? I don't think so, when the game has never supported network play through any other means. Your only other option is virtual LAN software and a hack to bind Starcraft to a virtual IP. Setting up fake LAN games in such a manner is still less featured than B.net though.

And the worst part about this patch is those cocksuckers are doing a separate, remastered version anyway. If you're going to do a Remaster of the game then go wild, but leave the original game the fuck alone.

Someone please bomb Blizzard headquarters already, it's time to put the dog out of its misery.

They probably got paid off by microsoft

Do you at least get paid to shill for Blizzard?

Don't buy the "upgraded" version, the basic version is the same thing except it doesn't work on older OS, like the other user said which is shit.

Its funny hearing people bitch about the "awful" new sprites, when they are the same exact ones just higher resolution, if they look out of place it was because the pixel blur made things fade into ground textures better.

Which if you read my comment I pointed out, so yeah it still has flaws, but not nearly as much as you whiny faggot tweens complain about especially when I know for a fucking fact, that half you fucking faggots have never played SC1 when it released and probably just jumping on the bandwagon.

Only a shill would be bothered by shilling accusations, shill.

Did Blizzard even bother to remaster the CGI cutscenes? Battle for Amerigo was fucking intense the first time I saw it.

For those of you who want to play the Starcraft 1 campaign in the Starcraft 2 engine, try Mass Recall

leave you fucking faggot
and the another shitty part is they are probably going to do this to wc3

Looks like they gave it the mobile treatment, it has the same shitty look that generic mobile games have.

In WoW time. For every 5000 posts, they receive three days of WoW time.

Do what allow a higher resolution and keep the free version basically the same other then it won't run on the older OS's.

You faggots are trying so hard to fit in, you can't even explain what you're mad about or what I'm trying to shill.

You're shilling gookclick. Blizzard can only make gookclick.

We all know where this is going.

It can't anymore.

Yes they can. Every single Blizzard game has been gookclick or utter trash. The only good game they've ever made was Battle Chess, and I highly doubt they'll make Battle Chess 2. Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, all standard gookclick. World of Warcraft was chinkclick, but inspired many ripoffs which are gookclick: there's even a slavclick game. As I have said before: Blizzard is the China of video game development studios. Not just that, they're the Worst Korea of video game development studios.

Then make an argument as to why its so bad.
The only person with any real complaint, listed his complaint and we both agreed it was fucked up.
You're either children of adults with the mentality of children as you flail around on the keyboard bewailing all the terrible things in your life.

t. tween

Blizzard is fucking bankrupt when it comes to imagination and innovation and they keep making games for the same audience. How many more posts till you can redeem your shill-points for ingame time?

What I'm saying is, they used to make good gookclick.

And again what am I shilling? They are releasing a free resolution touch up, which other companies have done before.
Gearbox did it like shit.
The guys who did Titan quest did it well.

If you have a problem with they pay for SC1 I would agree with you it looks awful.
But you don't care about this, you just want to scream and cry and make yourself into a victim.
Was your father in your life because you have some very female personality traits.

Starcraft invented the gookclick you underage, it didn't exist until 3-4 years after its release, and Blizzard was never dependent on it as they had Wow as their cashcow.

Now that's changed because WOW is dying and so is everything else they've released.
So gookclick chasing is a recent development with the dawn of SC2.

Not all RTS games are gookclick. Gookclick is inherently bad though. There are way better RTS than Warcraft or Starcraft. The only reason Warcraft and Starcraft ever stuck out was because they were the closest thing to Warhammer RTS at the time.

Hell you don't even need to click like a gook to play single player

They already kind of did with the 1.28 patch, however I don't think they'll be generous enough to provide wc3 for free. They already made the b.net ladder playable by getting rid of the built-in lag. I think there will be widescreen support soon as well. This is the best thing that has happened to WC3 since the release of DOTA2 which lured all the ASSFAGGOTS out of the custom games section.

A day later, I had to come back and impose Nu Raynor over Jim Raynor. I had to expand his head by 30% to have the same width. Mouths are aligned. Head is significantly smaller, especially considering the angle that Nu Raynor is looking from. Also, why did they retcon his hair during this time period from a receding hairline with very short hair to dashing captain/rogue to shaved head?

Why can't they make their fucking minds up and why are they so shit at this? Why are there better portraits on DeviantArt than are coming out of Blizzard's office?

The perspective is different you can't accurately overlay nu raynor over old raynor

Oh yeah, and as I've explained the graphics have been retooled to cater to South Korean visual tastes because that is their target demographic, not you, not Clapistanis, South Koreans.

I did though

Key word accurately.

A slav or a FAS victim. Tough choice, really.

Checked.

they're keeping all the mechanics of sc1 the same, so it'll still be a challenge to even say "all you guys go attack their base". You can have 12 units in a control group, 12 * 10 = 120 = 60 supply. Want to go zerg heavy and use ctrl1 thru ctrl0 just on your zerg, before considering all the other stuff you have to manage?

it's a different game. I never really got into it, and only started playing sc2 after an act of will: I'm going to enjoy this thing and stop whining about the Kerrigan focus of the story, the always-on restrictions, the 'cheese', etc. I'll play sc1 when it's released TWO WEEKS AFTER THE KOREAN RELEASE WTF and probably like it too. It'll be interesting to see people complain about the unchanged mechanics.

opinions borrowed from youtube.com/watch?v=EP9F-AZezCU

There were supposed to be 6 sides in WCIII when it was first announced. Demons were a different race from undead, can't remember what the other extra race was.

Terrans lost all of their space-redneck feel, which was probably the most unique thing about StarCraft.
Zerg lost their slimy, spindly, and unsettling feel, and now it just seems like they're trying too hard to look tough, or in Kerrigan's case, pretty.
Protoss lost their feel of unfamiliar alien with psionic energy radiating off them, now they just look like Independence Day aliens with LEDs for eyes. Hell, the Archon looks flesh and blood, and Fenix is a fucking Egyptian Pharaoh.
Fuck, StarCraft hasn't felt at all like StarCraft since BroodWar.

can you show me, on the pixels, where the space redneck feel went away?

'cept for Raynor. That one's obvious.

They'll still speak with non-yankee accents. Had that in SC2 even.

hold the fuck up. what do you mean fenix looks like an egyptian pharaoh. I thought he died in brood war?

Take a closer look at SC1 terran graphics. Everything is covered in rust and is about to fall apart.

Watch that last link that posted, you'll see what I mean.

I am surprised they kept the reconnected nerve cords cut.

playing HotS now. Jim just saw Kerrigan in her new rezergified form. Raged. Emptied clip against a wall. Cited Fenix. Broke off their relationship.

Zerg aren't even the good guys it's looking like. They were created as Amon's weapon and the 'good' they'll do is stop being his weapon. Kerrigan is importantly only because she can compete with the hybrids for control of the swarm.

The story isn't Tolkein, but it's fun. The Raynor/Tychus relationship is pretty much how the entire universe is going. We know this relationship is going to end in betrayal or a duel from the get-go, we know that both men know that as well, but for their own reasons they still work together until that time.

starcraft.com/en-us/ has a slider between the original and the HD graphics. I don't see it. By lore the vulture's supposed to be a dangerous piece of shit but why would that extend to just-manufactured vultures having rust on 'em?

Kerrigan becoming rezerged was the cringiest fucking part of the entire story, but Jim's reaction to Kerrigan was equally stupid.

didn't read the entire thread, thought another character's death got retconned in SC2. My bad. Anyway, the worst change for me is the hydralisk. in the original, hydralisks always seemed to be best described as sinister cold-blooded killers, not raging mindless beasts.

I miss the old Raynor and Kerrigan models; they were goofy and unique. Good ol' cross-eyed Raynor with a receding hairline, a hero we can believe in. The SC2 models are oversexualized stereotypes.

Fenix did come back
As a robot with his memories that was technically not him who then changes his name
But the game still calls him Fenix for the most part, including as a co-op commander, because if there's one thing Blizzard can't do is make new interesting characters when they have old ones to rely on

mind blown
what are they suppose to be?

They certainly aren't the bad guys anymore.
Yes if you like drama series for women. No if you wanted WAR which starcraft was about before this shitshow happened.
Don't even try to defend this garbage story. Making fenix into another joke along with shoving stukov in for no apparent reason is equally stupid.

It all makes sense now.

Why not develop a space flight simulator in the vein of X-Wing/TIE-Fighter or Freespace?

Have the Terran encounter with Protoss and Zerg told from the perspective of an ordinary pilot.

If it HAS to be remake then make the space combat in real 3D like Homeworld did.

Nu-blizzard cannot innnovate. Just let them copy paste the old mechanics or it will be a disaster.

World of Warcraft fucked Blizzard up.

Everything has to be colourful and the characters have to be one dimensional and flat. No more grey, no more character development.

The game plot has to be simple enough for every braindead gamer to follow.

Im surprised that they made the girls girly and pretty.

Fucked more than just Blizzard up.

I was never a big fan of Star Wars, but when The Old Republic MMO came out, I did some serious thinking about storytelling in MMOs. TOR tried to give the player character his own story arc, complete with choices that may or may not have had a large impact on how things progressed (I didn't watch closely enough to see how much impact those choices had, but the choices were there). It fell into the usual player alignment trap that reduces characters to puppy kicking evil or generic do-gooder, but the game at least made a solid attempt at having a player-focused story arc. And no one cared.

Why? Because a decade of World of Warcrap had conditioned the MMO audience to not give half a shit about the story in a MMO. Arguably the format with the greatest potential for large scale epic storytelling in gaming and no one gives a shit because Blizzard designed their shit to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

The ultimate irony is that Blizzard killed the sense of progression, funneling everyone through the same content, because they wanted everyone to experience the poor excuse for a story.

I did, actually. It was pretty above average, at least in the Operative story. Also the companion feature is something another game ought to try out.

Wait, my bad, I only read the first part of your post. What pre-WoW MMOs had any kind of story? Ultima? Everquest? Runescape? Maybe Star Wars Galaxies?

Nah they just know most of your are stupid enough to buy it. Same reason they make the HD remasters of every other fucking game under the sun.

Story-centric MMORPG started cropping up at around the time Ultima Online entered the scene, assuming you're excluding MUD and pre-graphics massively multiplayer games.
Lineage, Dofus, Asheron's Call, and Dark Age of Camelot all had pretty strong focus on their story, with Lineage being the most barebones.

Supreme Commander exists though. It still does.

My god, not even Goebbels couldn't have made a more stereotypical rat-like Jew than this. Look at that nose and ears, for fucks sake, this looks nothing like the old or even the nu-Raynor!

I haven't seen anything specifically noting higher resolution.
I also haven't seen any screenshots of higher resolution.

I feel like the terrans are all pretty bad, going in a completely different direction from the original style. Most of them definitely have that mobile gookshit style. And this probably bother me more than it should, but all of those hairlines are completely wrong. The others look pretty bad too, but I can't say anything here that hasn't been said already in this thread. But I will say that I will always hate Starcraft 2 for starting this trend of removing the mystery from the Protoss psionic units. Before they really felt like they were tapping into some foreboding power, now they don't look different from the others.

Funny thing is I thought the reverse about the drones from sc1, that the pores in the middle were actual eyes and the eyes were like it's frills or something.

This and the guy in the missile turret blew my mind. I never even interpreted them that way. Are there any other dubious unit portraits I should know about?

Raynor's original portrait has the word Danger written behind him. Never noticed it until now.

I always thought that Jim Raynor was a close shaven blonde. Totally messed with me when I saw him with black hair in 2

FFXI had cutscenes, main story quests with plot twists and endings like a single player game. It was actually a pioneer in that regard.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
There are plenty of good reasons to dislike WoW and Jewzzard, but that's not one of them.
During my time, I never met a single person who gave a fuck about why we were killing any of the bosses in the game or anything that was going on in the world. Everyone just wanted to get together and carve some big guys up. Purples were just an incentive.

I honestly don't think it's that bad, except for Protoss and some characters with names, Raynor looks ridiculous.

This new one is shit and looks cheap. Nice job, Blizzard.

?????

My bad, I remenbered it the wrong way. Possibly mistaking it to the Terran soldier of the campaign selection screen.

There was a lot of cigar smoking. That sargeant who ordered killing the dragoon in a cinematic. The terrain commander in bw. The firebat with the music.
We ain't getting that back. Most of the starcraft cinematics were about the war. Then at broodwar there were barely any.
And finally in sc2 all of them are about personalities, muh kerrigan, muh jumbo, zeratul etc.
The war theme was replaced by the adventures of kerrigan, jumbo and zeratul + muh prophecy. Starcraft should have remained being about war. Even with how shallow of a setting it was, it was that, what made it perfect for a skirmish RTS, not the kerrigan whankery.

I really wanted to finish the storyline, but half way through they decided to kill the oceanic servers.

The target audience of the remastered version is obviously the Starcraft 2 fans who want to play the original but are repulsed by the outdated graphics. I don't really understand why so many people here are whining when they gave the old version for free. I've never played any Starcraft before and now I'm playing the free version and it's pretty good.

Seriously they could've done something stupid like remake the game in Starcraft 2 engine or something and not give the old version for free. The deal we got is pretty damn good in my opinion. Sure, it's kind of silly to change the facial features of terran portraits so radically but it's just graphics so who gives a fuck and you can just play the old free version anyway.

It still has outdated graphics

Yeah but who cares?

I would have gotten it if it didn't require starcraft anthology.
I had tons of fun in broodwar multiplayer.

Esports fags and ladderfags are delusional.

Fast money maps and UMS were the best.

I understand what this user means, but where did Blizzard get their idea for Diablo from?

Rogue.

Starcraft 2 fans who want to play the original but are repulsed by the outdated graphics.

The casuals and normalfags

Murlocs and Naga I think? IIRC both had a semi-tech tree of buildings and units resembling the normal races, and of course in the expansion Naga was playable in SP.

Blizzard picked up the studio that was already working on it (hence Blizzard North). So it was never Blizzard's idea to start with.

NO. No. This thread shall not be forgotten. Blizzard will not be forgiven.

Will this work with the missions that were ported from the ps1/demos/n64?