Let It Die

The game has been updated.
UPDATE NOTES:

"Striker" and "Defender" classes are now available for Grade-6 Fighters to all players who clear Floor 50 (or already have).
The Waiting Room's vending machine ("Hernia") now has varying daily offers in addition to the usual stuff it sells. (Prices vary, can be Kill Coins or Death Metals depending on the offer.)
30% Salvage discount to Express Pass users.
Loading screens now have a newsreel.

Red Napalm has been installed, but will only appear on Wednesdays and Sundays. Hard and Nightmare modes will be added on 8/3. Naomi offers 8 limited-time quests to beat Red Napalm on Normal Mode, rewarding you with a Black and Red metal of each kind. If you accept multiple quests at once, the progress stacks so you can get them done fast.
Red Napalm's armor is apparently quite vunlerable to Blunt and Electric damage types.

Once again, R.I.P., Chester. Somebody better find the bastards who murdered him and give them an agonizing death.

So like, what's the plot of this thing? What's the twist? Who exactly are you playing as?

I don't think there really is a plot to this game. The game just gives you enough exposition to make the setting and mechanics work and that's about it.

Why don't you just do what the game says
Let it Die

I guess I'll stick to warframe PSO2 then.

After the "Earth Rage" (some sort of apocalypse that split the world), a mysterious tower emerged in Tokyo.

You play the role of a "gamer" who gets convinced by Death to play a "game" with the goal of guiding strong souls to the top of said tower via numerus modified human bodies known as "Fighters".

Why don't you fuck off?

I guess because even comparing it to the direct competitors, even on PS4 it falls flat on its face, let alone comparing to what (and how) is available on PC.
LID is just not a good game, even by not-MMO standards.

Damn, gotta get me that armor.

How can you guys still be playing this, I got bored at floor 30 and it's obviously barely changed since then.

I guess you ungabung.

the new added floors are shit. its just an endurance run to floor 50 and what do you get there? materials and coins. thats it. no secret ending, no development of the game world, not even a little nod to or twist to point towards something even remotely interesting happening in the "universe" of the game.

you know what? when they said they were adding floors and the new big 4 bosses (the horsemen), i thought they would be the bosses of the new area, i could have come up with with 3 better ways to have pulled this "expansion" than this endurance run garbage.

but no, you pay an entry fee in some stupid machines and fight the horsemen 1 on 1 on a tiny fucking arena for more armor and more mats and then you climb to 50 (at the risk of 250k killcoins per death if you don't have metals) to get more mats and more weapons so you can get more mats and more weapons. there is no point anymore, you're just grinding gear for the sake of grinding gear, there is no super sekrit boss to defeat and the powerlevels of the new gear are so fucking high that you can forget about protecting your base. you better not go to sleep with more than 5 digits of any resource because you're going to get shaken down.

it really pisses me off, i played for nearly 2 months and i really enjoyed the game, beat it absolutely for free, but this update is so substanceless that its totally pointless to play it.

oh yeah, let me tell you about the new tier 4 weapons.

they're batshit insane, remember those weapons that you stopped using because the katana, the Cleaver, the pitching machine, the Chopper, and the Bike were more powerful? well, they're baby shit now.

tier 4 was given to all weapons that were abandoned like the firework blaster and the machete, which now can reach well above 2000 ATK on maximum upgrade level

Ps4 on Holla Forums

Did this game become any less of a slog? I got to GOTO-9 on floor 23 and it kept killing me with one hit. The game insisted I grind for metals, but I tried time and again, and they would never show up. I had a limit going into the game that I wouldn't spend more than $30 on death metals, and floor 23 ate $10 alone.

So, did the grind become less tedious, the combat get better at all, or really any improvements on its foundation, or are all updates just more floors and more equipment? If it's the latter, the game is effectively dead to me.

I really wanted to like this game because I fucking love Suda, but the microtransaction system turned me off completely.

grinding metals is a well documented activity user, you don't just find them at "random", they are in specific places, in specific chests, or dropped from bosses

What! Chester is murdered? tell me how?

Protip: Don't be a dumbass like this guy who filled his TDM defense with useless choppers. This sad excuse for a weapon reduces your Fighter to a pinata for anyone who knows what they're doing.

GOTO-9 is the most predictable boss in the game once you know his moveset. Just learn when to sprint and when to punish. It's that simple.
For Floor 23 specifically, you should use the Iron.

They say it's likely suicide, but that's just what (((they))) want us to think.
I hear there's an investigation going on.

This is the only reason my PS4 is still plugged in and I play it less and less because I want it on PC.

Another protip: Don't be a dumbass like I used to be, making mind-numbingly stupid mistakes like this.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on PC myself. Unreal Engine games are usually easy to port to PC, aren't they?

Looks like the game is getting some sort of emergency maintenance. I would guess it's about the durability problem.