Who is the most hated Dev?

There are movie directors and scientists who are hated because of their personal views. Are there any videogame devs hated for their views on videogames?
I know there is faggots we hate like Mr.Shitface and that faggot who made fez, but outside of our circle are there devs that are hated and targeted by other groups because of what they do or believe? Bonus points if it's vidya related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Connectome_Project
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sadly not Paradox, even though they deserve it the most.

schafer

Kamiya, he made some of the shallowest ADD fests in history. He's also an asshat on Twitter if you want to see for yourself. Nobody likes that guy.

Unlike your bonus two OP pics which are pure politics. Crafty little jew.

True, Hitler should just have killed us all.

Fanboys like that guy, the next (You) is gonna be an assblasted Cummiya drone.

Some random anons not liking him here doesn't mean he is unliked elsewhere. Especially when he gets his dick sucked more often than he is hated.

Filtered, faggot.

Are you a wizard?

Pretty sure Phil Fish's reputation is shitty outside our community as well. You don't say outspoken shit like that and expect people to like you.

Mr. Shitface tends to get a pass though. People tend to overlook some of the recent bullshit Double Fine has pulled and naturally a lot of people don't give a shit if he's an SJW. Honestly it's going to be Psychonauts 2 that's going to make or break him.

Most people are ignorant. Most people don't even know that Space Base was a thing.

The funniest part is that phish still thinks he is relevent.

Did he make another game in the 10 years since his last? Either way I don't have respect for most indie devs that makes a solo project because that just means they are living off of mommy and dads money doing piss all for years until they shit out a game.

Sean murray?

Oh also, same for most popular youtubers that upload a video every day/week because you know for a fact that don't have a real job and are just living with their parents.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

Has he made something aside from that one platformer with a gimmick?

Filtered ;)

Bobby Kotick is pretty universally hated, though he's not a developer, but a business man.

After reading a bit about him and some interviews actually with the guy, I honestly don't hate him that much. Most of what he is hated for (the whole "take the fun out of game development" shit) is misquoted and taken out of context, and most of the bad practices of his company (dlc and shit) are also incredibly profitable and most anybody would do the same as CEO when they see the profit margins and the fact that most consumers actually love it, and the portion that hates it is a minority.
Everybody hates him, but I can't find much damning evidence against him as a person. Based on everything I've heard, he's a relatively decent boss and a good person to work for, and his only sin is making profit-based decisions for his company.

Of course everybody here hates him because he's a Jew though.

The thing about DLC is that it worked too well. If it actually was stuff done after the game was completed to expand on the base game some time after it was released it would be a pretty cool thing, instead now we get the base game splintered on 3 parts and then some content that the suits cut from the game to squeeze some extra cash from the player.
And everyone keeps fucking buying it.

Phil fish, pic related.

I think his Twitter responses are funny
Don't see why people would make a commotion about it.

Yep, but nobody shits on other industries for ripping off idiots who like to be ripped off. Sell $1 worth of ingredients as a $8 burger? Nobody gives a shit. Sell pants at $40? People complain about the sweatshops, but fact that it's overpriced doesn't bother them. Sell a bottled water for $5 at an amusement park? People say you'd have to be an idiot to buy it, and there are water fountains, but nobody calls the park evil for selling it, because hey, they only make money of people stupid enough to buy it. Sell map packs at $15 for 3 maps? Sell retarded happy-meal toys that unlock stupid cosmetics? People who buy it are fine with it, and everybody else shits themselves about ethics and how the business is wrong for selling things that sell.

I see the issue, and I understand that locking main content behind DLC is absolute shit, but as a company, you'd have to be retarded to NOT do it, given those profit margins, and how well it obviously works. When the difference is literally millions of dollars (and possibly hundreds of thousands off your personal salary) and most of the consumers lap that shit up and thank you for it, even your conscience won't hurt making that decision.
Hell, I've seen people lately that bitch when there isn't DLC in a game. The number of people in the Wii era saying that Nintendo was behind and retarded for not having DLC was insane, and the same people praised Nintendo for introducing functioning DLC in their games.

For a CEO, it's a win-win. For people who hate having money in their pockets, it's a win-win. For the minority of us who want to buy a whole game and just play that whole game, we're going to lose every time, unless the public gets some money sense and starts looking at how much money they are almost literally throwing away for absolutely nothing. I'm not holding my breath.

He was one of the first shit businessmen. But then every other businessman came out of the woodwork to show that they can be as bad and worse than him and then the fanboys who would defend this at everyturn eventually became more hateable.

He's a piece of shit for helping ruin the industry. but hes a cleaner drop in the shit ocean.

I doubt that. there had to have been conversations before about what you're talking about

Yeah, the last paragraph was the point I was trying to make. Not going to argue that nowadays if you're a AAA publisher not making DLC is just losing profit for the sake of losing profit, but we shouldn't have to take this bullshit. You don't see movies getting shorter and trying to sell premium complete versions of themselves, you don't see people pre-ordering TVs or phones for extra features, you don't see people paying to test prototype versions of whatever the fuck you're selling and then getting an underwhelming product that makes 80% of it's sales on hype I'm not sure of that one, I bet it's happening on some other industry. But for some reason gamers in general are so fucking stupid not only they keep up with whatever new jewish scams publishers are coming up with, they applaud them. It's appalling.

Not a lot of them. Generally the capitalism mindset is bigger elsewhere. The mindset in other industries is "if it can be made better or cheaper, it will be; the competition will always allow you to have the best deal possible", which is generally true. People get pissed about video games because the consumer has spoken, and what the consumer has generally chosen usually sucks.

It's hard to get pissed about a $40 pair of jeans when you can just go somewhere else and get a cheaper pair. It's hard to get pissed about a burger for $8 when you can just get ingredients and make your own. People are more invested in specific video games that they like than specific Jeans they want to wear or burgers they want to eat.
The main issue as I see it is the same as with Hollywood. Budgets are skyrocketing, and there simply aren't as many big-name companies making games as there used to be and there are in other industries. You can get your jeans from any of several hundred companies. With games, you have a dozen or so massive AAA companies at the most (all of which generally act about the same), then you have niche companies making games for their specific audience, and then you have the little indie companies of 1 to 5 developers of varying quality.
There isn't much between the niche companies and the big AAA companies there to really offer a good alternative to what the AAA companies do for cheaper or better, just based on the massive budget considerations.
If you want a burger, you have tons of options and a bunch will be about the same quality for varying prices (even better, if you build some skill to make a really good burger yourself). If you want an Elder Scrolls game that feels just like Elder Scrolls, your option is to either play Elder Scrolls and deal with the shit there, to find some clone or knockoff that won't feel anywhere near the same or of questionable quality and completeness (OpenMW is a cool project, but it only recently became playable to a real degree after almost 10 years of development).

I'm not denying that the situation is shit, but the reality is it's an industry with far less choice available than almost every other industry that exists. The average consumer is fucking stupid. As a CEO your choice is to make a decision that you think is the right thing, but piss off 90% of your fanbase doing it, or make the "wrong" decision to please 90% of your fanbase and make the other 10% see you as evil. Seems like an easy choice to me.
It's easy to hate these CEOs, but it would be far easier to be them, given the choice.

Naughty Dogs

Andy Galvin doesn't deserve that hate.

I honestly surprised people fell for the same scam twice.

The Night in the Woods guy is an insufferable faggot.

He looks like a lesbian

oh fuck im not surprised he looks like that. the game was fucking shit awful garbage.

He's got some nice bitch titties. He could put on a training bra and some make up then come prep my cock while I fuck his wife.

He acts like a lesbian too.

Ono's shit has been getting kicked in by people who aren't fgc-sjw shills like Maximilian, Geoff the Hero, Justin Wong, or Fchimp. Inafune also joined the shit list.

Wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of that is money being laundered.

The latest I can think of is Tim Soret the co-creator of The Last Night.
After many tweets of his complaining about progressive ideals were brought to people's attention there was blood in the water.
Instead of standing by those statements made 3 years ago there was a bunch of kowtowing i.e. drink long and deep from the libtard punch bowl and say you're sorry or Mr.publisher will choppy choppy your peepee.
In short, The Last Night isn't an indie game.

The sad truth of the matter is most don't really hate developers because of any bad opinions of the medium.
Most people in general don't care on that level which is very sad.
The only real hated opinion is

Neither Ono or Inafune are developers though Inafune used to be an artist but he's pretty much a producer/idea guy now. Ono has always been a producer. They deserve all the crap they get though they both had tons of love and support from their respective fanbase and they just shit all over them to chase corporate bullshit that had nothing to do with the games they were in charge of.

I haven't completely written off Soret since we don't really know the situation between him and Raw Fury. They could've had him by the balls however if after Last Night comes out and he keeps capitulating like he is now then he's gone.

its even worse than that man.

The second fundraiser was done on a site created by double fine (to avoid those fees ;^)) instead of using kickstarter where you invest and "buy shares" into the game and "make a return".

In reality the shares are worthless and they have no obligation to give you jack shit. This video describes the situation well.

youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I

Hopefully it isn't blocked in your country like it was for me, kek

Every one hates the sockpuppet faggot

They deserve hatred now user.

I'm quite amaze to this day nobody would bat an eye to that fucker.

It's easy to get away with things when you make good games on Holla Forums.

miyamoto ruined paper mario

Didn't Fish stole "his game" from another dev? Does he even knows how to code at all?

it's rehash! it's Hack and slash with a new paint! and the paint is starting to wear-out. is Holla Forums that of a shill for his retarded games?

You are getting Kamiya mixed up with Platnium.
Plat is now making a bunch of Bayo rip off games but Kamiya has made games that all play differently. Resident Evil 2, DMC, Okami, Viewtiful joe and Bayo all play very differently.

Certainly better than the fucking movie industry.

He doesn't. Fish only provided some art assets while someone else working with him did all the programming. As for the game he "stole" ideas from, there was another game with the same mechanics, but I can't remember if it was made before Fez began development, during, or after. Regardless, that game was made more quickly than Fez, had better gameplay, and would only make Fez look worse the earlier it began and completed development compared to Fez's.

I always got Phil Fish confused with Adam Sessler for some reason

This. When is Psychonauts 2 coming out?

They've fucking brainwashed and groomed the consumer into a cash pig. Just because you *can* make an obscene amount of cash off of your audience by doing something jewish but technically legal doesn't mean you should.

Do you even want it to come out? Knowing what you know how.

Generally i want to it to come out for it to be either a good game and something for me to play or some disappointing shit game that will show who Schafer really is and ruin his career. I most likely see the latter.

Valve.

No, you're right. He's just an asshole in general and his games are pretty run of the mill, they use what's already available, sell "okay" and he hasn't really made anything new/groundbreaking in terms of game design. He's a jack of all trades but master of none, they're all gamey games he's directed that mostly value style over substance, and that's not a bad thing, at least they're not outright terrible, but people tend to inflate his "legacy" and ego, for free, which is nothing short of pathetic.
People mainly like him because he's edgy and it reflects directly to his fanbase, though ironically enough, if you treat him how he treats other people, expect him to block you, he just /cannot/ take back what he dishes out.

The one good thing he's done is tell Kotaku to fuck off, then again, he would have done it regardless of political alignment and beliefs, that's not even directly vidya related either. He fits the "Pissy Gook" archetype that tries way too hard to get his point across, like that one awkward kid from school who tries to be funny but comes off as a complete tool.

I'm glad people are moving on from him and going to Yoko Taro, hopefully ol' Yacko doesn't let the power go to his head and become an arrogant piece of shit like "le funny block man".

No, but I am a psychologist. Oy vey.

Valve really is at fault for the hate they're receiving and it's quickly reaching it's breaking point. The only thing they could do is to at least release a new single player game but then again all that would do is mitigate the hate for a bit before it starts coming back in 3 or 4 years.

At this point, I really do miss old naughty dog; now a days all we get is forced in lesbian trash. They didn't even return or help make the crash remake. Also, why can't they just do Jak 4 already?

Doug Napel and Mark Kern were both rather contentious figures for quite some time.

I'm taking first year Psych right now. The one thing I've learned the most so far is that half of Psychology are people genuinely interested in discovering mental processes and the other half are fucking quacks who like to throw pills and "talk therapy maaaan".
Therapy is a meme regardless of whatever Freud managed to pull.

Pretty much, there are a lot of pretentious assholes that think they know every little detail, but that is simply not true. You always need to assume you need to know more. There is no end yet, not in our lifetime, psych in general still needs fixing.
Good luck user, don't get TOO fucked up now.

Not in the US. You have 2 choices:

* Do what you think is the morally right thing. Please a small minority of your userbase while most of the rest sees you as backwards and wasting your potential.
* Implement DLC, get much more money, please the majority of your userbase while alienating a very small minority, get a nice bonus, please your shareholders, give your company more visibility and presence, improve conditions for all of your possibly thousands of employees.

You'd have to be retarded or an extreme idealist to do the first thing. You do what gets the most profit and also what makes the most people happy in the second scenario.
Saying "you shouldn't turn the consumer into a cash cow" isn't necessarily true if the consumer desperately wants to be a cash cow and will be upset at you for not letting them.

I honestly don't give a fuck about the SJW shit. They could be completely pozzed and I wouldn't care because their "games" are just interactive movies.

Psychology isn't a science.

I'm not talking about Platinum, I wa talking about that dickhead.
As I said before; "it's Hack and slash with a new paint" Resident Evil 2 was a failed attempt at making horror that make the series stray far away for it roots

Psychology now is as much a science as medicine in middle ages was. It all works on prayer.

Its a sidescrolling beat em up you fucking retard.

A hack n slash is a beat em up with swords

a beat em up is a shoot em up with fists

Now you're getting it.

I guess Iwata.

tlou actually was a great survival/TPS if you played on the 1 good difficulty. the problem is all the parts between the GAME.

the shooting and sneaking parts were so good at times, it really aggrivated me how much fluff the game had. the AI was exceptional, and having ellen paige follow you around going "holy shit!" when you blow someones head off infront of her added to it. the weapons respond and behave realistically.
but it'll be 15-20 minutes of solid TPS gameplay followed by 30-40 minutes of "get the latter, listen to dialogue, place the ladder, open chests to find supplies, and wait for the next combat area"

problem is you have to play on the right difficulty. from easy, raise the difficulty until spider sense is off. once its off dont go up any more or it becomes a third person strangler.

I don't think any group at large actually hates on devs, but rather on the products they make. Most normalfags do not have an inside knowledge of who actually makes what, at most they could recognize one or two creative directors, but since OP asked for devs they don't actually count.

The power of Holla Forums's autism can trace a specific game or series of games to a dev team or a creative faggot, but don't consider it the norm outside of the board.

fucking worthless capitalism

>>>Holla Forums

yandev?

never forget

I hate Warren Spector because everyone thinks he is a good despite not making anything good when he was put in the spotlight. Makes me think his older games being good had very little to do with him.

>expecting a "producer" named (((Spector))) is capable of actually creating anything

Every time I see Phil Fish's stupid fucking face I want to panel it with a spade.

Jesus Christ, what textbook are YOU using? I'm using "Psychology Themes and Variations Third Canadian Edition".
It's pozzed as fuck but it's never that bad. Hell, it even addresses that there is disparity in intelligence between blacks and whites.
There is a reason behaviourists and evolutionary psychologists have racists in their ranks and it's because they're the only ones even close to being a scientific group.

I didn't follow this drama but if all he said is true then he's right. No one should be wasting their time catering to anonymous anyways so he made a horrible move from the get go.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/out/
>>>/anywherebuthere/
Fuck off, newfag. You have to lurk for at least two years.

I'm sorry I don't subscribe to the hive mind, user.

Get this hothead out of here.

You are retarded. Those games aren't similar at all. Just because they have combat in them doesn't make them the same game you idiot. By that logic is DOOM and Fallout NV the same game because they both have shooting?

Fish isn't worth hating because of the retarded shit he spouts. He knew what he was doing and played up his whole "controversial" persona because, I quote:
Which is annoying, but not really that big of a deal in the long run.
What he is worth hating for is using his connections to fuck over his partners and anyone he doesn't like, while also giving himself undeserved attention and accolades. I'll remind you of the whole indie award show debacle and that he's been an "idol" on Tigsource all well before his game released. People suck up to him because he's successful, even though he clearly wastes his money hanging out in California and has a negative moral net worth as a human being. Yet because of his ties to journalists and such, the average retard consumer wasn't aware of how big of a scumbag he is. He played up his whole deal about being an indie when he was everything but independent. He wouldn't have been in the spotlight at all if he wasn't sucking dozens of dicks in the industry for favors.

Retards who bought his shitty game will eventually forget it exists, but there's gonna be people who know what he was about. Let him be remembered as the fool who didn't manage to do a single positive, meaningful thing in his life.

Pandering to *anyone* is a fucking stupid idea that compromises and bastardises original ideas. Inserting some totally out of place bullshit to appease a cadre of pisspants makes a game into a fucking laughing stock or else gives it such a potent dose of cringe/clunk that the sane amongst us memory-hole it for fear of it bringing up bile every time its thought about.

It's like going to Twitter for intelligent cohesive content, the dev might as well just slop shit into boxes and sell that instead.

Why?

i'd agree with your argument but the entire reason yansim exists is because evaxephon mined cuckchan Holla Forums for ideas and wanted to make their ideal game for them. telling someone "i'm going to make you something, what would you like", getting their ideas, making that thing and saying "lol fuck you you're mean so it's not for you anymore" is the most childish garbage i can imagine, especially when you throw a tantrum in on top of things

The guy sounds like he couldn't take the bantz so it was only a matter of time before he gave up on everyone.

Like I said, he made a horrible move from the get go but yeah, throwing a shitfit only made it worse. At least Notch had the decency to exit quietly.

It was worse before when people were just throwing ideas and hoping something would stick, at least now we're getting some hardware info straight from neurologists.

Jennifer Hepler, man. It's so bad an already funded KS project died when it was announced that she was one of the writers. It was kinda funny.

This site is full of contrarian retards.

That's the thing though, the guy is still pandering, it's just now he's pandering to the let's play crowd, resulting in a game which is more about coming up with stupid easter eggs to keep that crowd entertained than trying to meet the goal he originally set himself.

You can hate him if you want. Bayo is a masterpiece with plenty of depth.

inafune

More like worthless america.

?

Does anyone have the pics that show how inefficient his coding is?

Is there a bigger lolcow developing games than Randy? I think he's surpassed Phil Fish levels at this point

Ask me again when this gets completed.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Connectome_Project

nice bait cunt

You too

making this succinct:

1.) make it a hobby
2.) make it a business.

There's a difference.

has he never learned that we're not hivemind? One man's treasure is another's trash? He's a faggot and good riddance he's not here anymore.

I only saw him a couple of times and I was here since the exodus era.

you know, there a lot of action games which have alot of different crap to do like God Hand, tell me? what "good games" you think he should make? a soon to be released skankonetta 3 with a different director or something else? honest question.

He must have hurt your fee fees on twitter.

he's evaxephon. he has always been a grade-A turboautist and the threads here used to be so fucking shamefully e-peen-sucking that it actually made me angry. i imagine he just got so used to hero worship after years of being bullied off of cuckchan twice and reddit once he had to make/moderate his own subreddit to purge the nonbelievers that when people here got sick of his garbage he just couldn't handle it

>>>/neogaf/

Honestly, I forgot about him.
He's so forgettable despite the shit he has done.

Randy is a special kind of retarded. Too bad Borderlands 3 is probably gonna save his ass.

It bugs me that more devs don't just follow the example of Motion-Twin and form worker-coops. It's worked out brilliantly for them, they make millions and the devs are also free to pursue their own projects without getting yelled at or their copyrights taken. One guy there was able to make FlashDevelop and regularly contribute to Haxe and OpenFL, among other open-source software projects that help bundles of gamedevs.

Chloe Sagal. For anybody who thinks being trans isn't a mental illness, Sagal is the best counterexample. Made a le jumpscare game that Jewtubers swarmed over, but he's remembered more for lying his ass off about dying and needing lifesaving surgery, taking the e-begging money and spending it on cutting his dick off, and then faking suicide on stream when he got called out for his duplicitous behavior. More than once too, and always miraculously surviving the night! He's bad enough that Brianna Wu and all the GG attention whores find him despicable.

Nice argument faggot

look up

The biggest issue is that a lot of people really don't see games as being directed by a single person, but rather a single company. That's why people non-stop bitch about EA but can't name who directed Mass Effect, Battlefield, or whatever shit game they make. On the other-hand, people can sit and make fun of directors like Zack Synder and Michael Bay, because they're the face that is seen as handling everything to do with a movie. Hideo Kojima sees himself as a hollywood director, puts his name front and center, and therefor is well-known by gamers. Mac Walters, doesn't put his name on the product, and therefor audiences have never heard of him.
That's why dev's aren't really hated as much as companies and studios are.

You do plenty in Bayonetta. What's your point?

prove your point first and i'll tell you mine

Not an argument user. All of Kamiya's games are very different from each other and good.

What point? All the games are different. Have you actually played them? Okami has more in common with Zelda than Bayo you retard.

let me guess, you're a 20 something american white male who lives at mom's.

wtf I love DingDong now

SOYLENT

Honestly I have no idea why people kept responding after skankonetta
When people come up with lame insults like that they're never worth responding to

Concept art show that DMC1 was going to be Resident Evil 4. But then again, the goon squads keep shitting up Holla Forums, so it's obviously a shitpost

Old NaughtyDog was awesome, current year (((NaughtyDog))) is complete garbage.

lmao totally forgot about this guy

He said it himself. He pandered to Holla Forums.

Holla Forums doesn't want to be pandered to, it just wants good games.

or for someone to go completely off the rails and destroy their life, they're both entertaining enough and the latter is more common than the former

wew

Those are shit comparisons and you know it.
DLC is the plate and upper bun the burger should be served with.
DLC is the zipper and button the pants should be sold with.
DLC is the bottle cap that bottle needs to keep from spilling.

Kids spending their parents money and young men with disposable income and free of responsibilities are going to spend their money on frivolous nonsense. The cure for this is to find something else for them to buy that they no longer have the money to buy DLC.

hate-able to the max

lol
most of Holla Forums wouldn't be able to find a good game if it slapped them in the face

Holla Forums has shit taste much like every other place on the internet. It just pretends like it has good taste.
Also we're all incredibly biased.
If there's a good game with some very slight SJWism in it, it'll be automatically shunned even if the gameplay is good.
Games with sexy girls will get a lot of extra attention. Style over substance games get praised. It's a mess.

Sounds like something Bobby would say.

He is right though, the second anyone posts their game outside of /agdg/ they're getting a legion or one guy with a couple proxies shitting and throwing up a storm against them until other anons who want to fit in join the fray. And after that its a never ending storm of shit, I've made a couple games that were actually somewhat successful with a small group, believe me I wanted to shill it here and give away some free copies to anons, I'm super happy when I hear anons bring up my second game here but like fuck I'd be stupid enough to post about it here. Piracy isn't a big deal at all to me but I'd get a pirate fag releasing a cracked copy in the thread right after I post along with a hundred posts shitting on what I put my blood sweat and tears into because I wanted a couple people to buy it so I don't have to work a shit 9 to 5 to make another game, nobody shits on gamedev games who post here with constructive criticism.Just whining because said dev didn't make a game of their dreams that panders to their every whim or its not their favorite genre of videogame.

Face it, its beyond retarded to try to pander to anons here and you're likely one of the reasons.

You never played the game haven't you?

I wouldn't compare anything from Holla Forums to Yandevs shitshow. It feels like another universe with how bad everything went down.

devs who cant handle/admit their own failures.

Tim Schafer

Not sure if Todd would be, I think he's more of a guy we enjoy making fun of, that someone we actually want out of the game industry, despite the improvement in Bethesda game quality that would occur if he did leave.

This cocksucker is cancer personified.

I like heavy rain

It's not just that, the most annoying thing is that he keeps getting more money despite all his shortcomings and failures

You have to go back.

Brian Fargo

Glasses McBeard, apparently.

Why do these people all look the same?

May I have some context, user?

FUCKING kool aid man cults all demand uniforms