Subnautica Thread: RIP Sea Empress Edition

So apparently she dies right after you hatch her eggs.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.unity3d.com/threads/voxeland-voxel-terrain-tool.187741/page-6#post-1505358
twitter.com/SteveRockAn
archive.is/LPU2c
unknownworlds.com/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you eat the eggs?

Best omelette.

Spoiler: You're not fertilizing them yourself.

F I S H CUCKED

You're literally pozzed. It wouldn't be a good idea.

I fixed the bug that causes time to slow/stop and the fabricator to slow/stop. Turns out it's not save corruption, it's Holla Forums tier use of 32 bit floats to track time. Eventually the precision is so bad that every time it adds time to it it effectively adds 0. Everyone that plays the game enough (or frequently uses beds) will hit this, and the higher your frame rate the earlier it will occur.
(((pleb space)))
What surprised me is that this save game killer looks like it's been in the code for years, there are tons of bug reports about the fabricator being stuck, the moon not moving, etc. and no one's bothered looking into it despite it wrecking everyone's games. It wasn't even hard to fix, it took me about an hour. I've got the patch up on the official forums in the "The cause of two FPS killers" thread.

And dropped

Jesus. And here I was expecting them to work on optimizing their game. Not gonna hold my breath for that one now.

Fucking nu-male devs and their insistence on shoving "the thinking man's fetish" into everything. I hope someone makes a mod where you give her leviathan pussy such a good pounding it completely revitalizes her while curing your alien AIDS, and then the rest of the game is living a comfy aquatic life with your new fish waifu and your fish daughters

From poking around the game's code, the reason why it's made so little progress on bugs and performance seems to be the guy who was doing all the hard stuff, Steve, left mid-development be a VR guy at Google.

forum.unity3d.com/threads/voxeland-voxel-terrain-tool.187741/page-6#post-1505358
twitter.com/SteveRockAn

I'm over 100 hours in the game and I've never seen anything close to this.

son of a bitch

God damn it.

He chose poorly.

You eventually will with the stable version (I've not checked if they included my fix in experimental). Check how many in-game days have passed on the PDA. After 109 days, time will be frozen at 144fps. After 437 days, time will be frozen at 60fps. If you go long enough, it will be frozen at whatever FPS your potato is putting out.
I've got a save game I ran out to about 700 days by just starting a game and accelerating time for a few hours then saving posted on that thread if you want to see how it looks. If you cap your FPS to 30 that save will appear to have no problems, uncap it and unless you're on a CINEMATIC GPU you'll notice the moon stops moving.

He retweets a lot of poz. It's sad as he's got a lot of talent.

Oh, a lot of time in a specific save. Makes sense if the variable storing the time value being too small was the problem. I played Subnautica a lot but only in a testing out big updates fashion. Never went anywhere close to 700 days.
But yeah, choosing the wrong variable format is kind of a basic mistake. I can only hope they take notice of your forum post and act on it.

I don't know if they will. Their community manager doesn't seem to actually manage the community and I doubt any of these bug reports make it to where they should go. Will probably need to email one of the devs directly if the next stable is still broken.
Another quality bug that kills FPS is that the number of screenshots in your screenshot directory will cripple you. The game scans that directory every frame to make thumbnails for some reason and with 200-300 screenshots you'll be in the 20fps range even on a SSD.

So what else would you want to see in the game?

Better performance and better scuba gear.
APS or SPP would be nice too. Or at least a speargun

Didn't the lead dev say something really fucking retarded like he didn't include any kind of guns as not offend muslim gamers or something?

Nope. Lead dev said they didn't include guns to avoid creating yet another survival shooter and instead require the player to be a bit more creative in dealing with threats than getting a single purpose make-dead-tool handed to them.

Look, their reasons are political and retarded, but the ship has sailed years ago all the same. Still asking for guns in subnautica is just looking for a reason to be pissed off at this point.

Look how stupid you are.

They fell for Sandy Hook meme.

Isn't there a screencap of cucktaku or some other gamejourno article mentioning Sandy Hook? I've seen it multiple time.
Plus ingame codex mentions mass shooting as reason for not being able to make guns.

That'd make the game worthwhile.

>choose to leave and go back to lame ass earth = planet makes legends of the strange space explorer who seeded the planet with life and get lost into mythos
>choose to stay with xeno wife and kids = Post game surplus where the seas are not so dangerous anymore because xeno wife is most dangerous thing and you live life teaching your xeno daughters all you know. Knowledge gets passed on for generations and xenos grow into a planet of greatness

It's some pr person being retarded.

nigga why you lyin

archive.is/LPU2c

Idiot. See
Not game dev.

Prove it faggot.

There is no need for evidence :^))))>v.

unknownworlds.com/about/

he literally started the studio and came up with the original natural selection mod

I hope he gets shot by a nig with an illegal gun, the irony would be delicious