Games for people with poor manual skills

Holla Forums, I want a game that either makes me feel like a fucking badass, or a game that has a lot of potential to git gud at.

However, there's a bit of a problem: I have piss-fucking-poor manual skills. As in, I come from 5 years of trying to git gud at Touhou Project, LOL and CSGO, and all I managed to achieve was being mediocre-average at CSGO in Deathmatch and Casual. I also died multiple times while clearing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Easy. I am fucking positive I have a mental disability that completely blocks me from ever achieving any such thing as manual skill.

I've been trying to get by with Platinum Games's mechanics that basically reward you with fucking awesome moves for just mashing a few buttons (Bayonetta, MGRR and Nier Automata) and with CSGO on Deathmatch and Casual, but these games got old recently. I've also been trying to get by with GTA V, which is basically free fun without really requiring anything beyond dedication for the story mode, but I am a hyper-competitive shit and I fucking want something I can brag being good at which doesn't really need a lot of manual skills.

My plan B would be playing games that put more emphasis on story than gameplay mechanics, something like Spec Ops The Line.

What should I play?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice#Windows_Mouse_acceleration_fix
ipfs.io/ipfs/zDMZof1ks6S49KAiPQJs6skVqFzo6b7Q31HpeCnfKm9C2MaaL2yS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Russian roulette provided you don't fuck that one up too and accidentally shoot your dog or something.

Super Mario 64

Unreal tournament 99 but slowed down

Some games I've tried but I'm not sure if I'd be successful at them:

I hit the second level of the tutorial and got mad fucking confused at all the shit you have to do on an average mission. I'm not really good at following instructions (I had one hell of a hard time going through the Pripyat mission in COD4MW) so I'm not sure if I'd be good at that game.
It's just mindless zombie shooting so I kinda hope I would be good at that one, but I'm not entirely sure.
They just require a modicum of dedication and someone carrying you, but they're fucking time sinks and it would take me at least 5 years to become an average-tier player and only by force of having ground the most powerful items.
They're pretty much for consoles and I don't have a current gen console. There are some good ones for PC like NFS 2015 or Project CARS but that's it.

This, my man

I've been told to try doing speedruns, but I don't have the autism it takes to devote myself to mastering every single time-saving glitch in the world.

And I did tried. I tried learning to speedrun Duck Tales, but I lost interest after like 2-3 weeks.

I fucking ground the shit out of that game 20 years ago. I do have good memories of it though, I'll consider it.

Any more ideas? I'm open to strictly strategic games like Europa Universalis, Trillion or the Civilization series.

Capitalism is fun

So, I'm hearing comments about Warframe requiring absolutely no mechanical skill and being a nice chill PVE game. What's up with that?

Also, someone suggested me to pick up Overwatch or Paladins.

disgaea

You sound like a bizarre combination of smacktard, tryhard, and scrublord; i, too, have all the reflexes and cunning of a drunken sloth in plate mail, but i have fun with JRPGs or low-skill games like Dynasty Warriors, and don't have your bizarre grandiose fantasy of thinking i'm better than i am. I'd suggest either admitting you're shit and just playing relatively easy games like Kingdom Hearts, which is babby's first Devil May Cry, or playing team-based games like Team Fortress 2 and going for the low-skill classes of medic and engineer; even if you can't aim, a heal or a teleport do a lot to be of use.

Sounds like you're trying to be something you aren't. Just play some comfy JRPGs or something. A lot of people get this idea that video games are some kind of dick waving competition. Ditch that mentality and you'll have fun again. Most competitive scenes are fucking cancer anyway.

Overwatch.
There are quite a few heroes you can get good at without any aim whatsoever, just proper positioning and half a functioning brain.

Disregard that, you just have a mental disability alright.

Warframe is piss easy, but it's a grinding simulator. If you thought PSO2 was a time sink, oh boy don't play warframe.

The thing is, games with potential to git gud at (high skill ceiling) usually mean that you have to either practice them a lot or learn a lot of stuff to get there.

How'd you fare in LOL though? It's pretty low-tier mechanically-wise.
Try to play x-coms ironman-style if you want to brag I guess?

That's because it's explaining all the mechanics in the game. most of the actual missions are straightforward.
Might be a good choice. I would recommend getting a friend for that, since public lobbies are filled with veterans that'll kick you for the most minor of mistakes, and having to babysit 3 bots is not fun. Steer clear of versus entirely, playing as infected effectively takes a lot of skill and knowledge of the game.
I dont play them, so no opinion.
You might like Dirt Rally. If you stick to easy to handle cars and work your way up slowly you should be able to get fairly gud at it, and it's a rallying game so you dont have any opponents to deal with in real time. However, you might want to get a wheel for it, since its a bit awkward to play with a keyboard or a controller.

I basically had to put a halt on vidya during college, and during high school I thought I was good at them but I wasn't. For a while I just wanted to be good at LOL or any competitive game. 3-5 years later, I fucking failed at that, and I'm salty as fuck. I just want to git gud at something. CSGO Casual is the one single thing in this fucking world I'm decent at.

X-COM 2 sounds like a good choice, but that shit costs $60. I have a billion bills to pay, and I'm a dirty beaner piece of shit who must pay that game with my $13k/year wage.

I could hardly get into PSO2 because of a bug. The one game I know is a fucking time sink is VoidEls. How screwed am I?

Does it looks good on the internet to say you could beat Trillion or Disgaea?

Get into Heroes of Might and Magic. I recommend 3 and 5. There is no hurry to do inputs, all you need is knowledge of mechanics and some strategy.

No, mostly because Trillion was awful. But seriously I'll never understand why scrubs get pissed that they aren't "pro gamers" and can't just leave fun. I blame Twitch, it seems to give a lot of people the idea that gaming should come with attention and praise.

Have you considered playing turn based games? Tests of strategy rather than dexterity?

Any single player gemu that allows you to quickly repeat difficult scenarios until you can do them blindly, even with shit reflexes.

I got a level 9999 tier 6 male warrior with max axe levels in Disgaea 2 and i think all the rank 40 weapons. Took somewhere north of 400 hours and i'm not exactly proud of it, but i damn well did it. I also 100%'d Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days without a guide, which i AM slightly proud of although i forget exactly what that entails at this point. Make yourself happy, is my point.

Since you're smelly dumb beaner scum, there's always fighting games to try and one-up faggots on.

And there it is.

Master of Orion 2, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and mod Fall from Heaven 2 for Civ4 BTS (optionally with a modmod like Fall Further or Rise from Erebus).

Master of Magic if you can overlook dated graphics.

Don't forget to use the latest community patch for MoO2, PRACX and some AI fix for SMAC/SMAX and the 2.5 version of unofficial patch for MoM.

Shadow of Mordor

*1.5 version

kill yourself

How good did you get at Touhou? I have a feeling I know who you are.

Hang yourself, nigger. You will never git gud at games.

play UT/Quake with instagib against bots for a few months. i did that in 2001 when we had no internet for a while, and it made me infinitely better at fps forever.

Have you tried working on improving your manual skills?

You could try rhythm games out, and slowly get better.

I managed to clear twice Imperishable Night on Normal.

I was forgetting about Osu, thanks for the tip. I tried to get into it early this year but it didn't work on my previous setup.

I can barely fight the lowest tier people of my Hisoutensoku group. I never had a De good Faiters arcade by the tortilla shop.

I will never understand this.

just keep trying, bitch nigger
you get better by just trying

This. Playing Instagib against skill-adaptive bots is like basic training. It'll sharpen your physical and mental foundational reflexes, which will benefit you in any action game.

Yeah its not like mother fucking video game piracy is a thing

Chilango please killyourself, guey

Strategy games.

Unless there's a clandestine server I have to pay my game if I want to play multiplayer.

Tapatío, please. I find tamal sandwiches abhorrent.

Play online billard games, they tend to be fun.

Who the fuck cares? It doesn't look good on the internet to say you play shit like CS:GO or assfaggots either.

Chess.

Any turn based strategy game can do the job, really. You could start with Advance Wars.

Turn based games. Any tard can play chess

Why is virtua fighter an empty chair?
Should be dangling feet and a chair on its side.

Disappointing.

How high is your mouse sensitivity when you play these games?
Also try a stealth game like Thief the Dark Project, you don't really need good motor skills.

The skills required to be good at different video games aren't 100% mutually exclusive. A lot of my friends who aren't good at any game aren't bad because they don't have the quickest reflexes, but because they don't seem to pick up on anything going on within in the game. Doesn't matter whether it's a TRPG, or a shooter, or a beat em up'/hack and slash, they just keep repeating the same dumb behaviors over and over, never stopping to ponder why what they're doing isn't working.

If you aren't moderately /fit/ already, go for it. Basic cardio, lifting, and calisthenics do wonders for clearing brain fog, as does eating well and learning to shut up your inner voice for increased focus (stuff like meditation, prayer, long Tetris sessions, and hypnosis are good practice).
Disable Windows' mouse acceleration (see wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Mice#Windows_Mouse_acceleration_fix ) and mouse acceleration in any games you own. It feels weird at first but helps develop muscle memory and is a huge step towards truly getting gud.

Abandon your meme games and practice with the classics. Doom and Quake will instill good habits and help you develop good manual skills that carry over to other games, unlike memorizing CSGO recoil patterns.

get autistically good at dwarf fortress

…and yeah, I often tend to be kinda slow on what's going on. This also happens to me IRL, I don't react until I have the danger in my face.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 doesn't even have them so you should be good.

Also

ipfs.io/ipfs/zDMZof1ks6S49KAiPQJs6skVqFzo6b7Q31HpeCnfKm9C2MaaL2yS